Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win for Banner of this week?
8-Bit 0 0%
Neko-chan 11 57.89%
Temporal Snake 2 10.53%
Linchy 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2011, 01:38 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R
Default BOTW {no.69} - [.voting.]

Banner of the Week --- New Banner of The Week Banner

Remember; Don't vote for yourself! - Your vote will not count.
Deadline; Jan. 17th 2011
-- 8-Bit
-- Neko-chan
-- Temporal Snake
-- Linchy
Old 01-08-2011, 01:41 AM
ironZEKROM Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: BOTW {no.69} - [.voting.]

i really like temporal snake's banner.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironZEKROM View Post
i really like temporal snake's banner.
Everyone does. xD
Old 01-08-2011, 01:57 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

I like Neko-chan a bit more, so I'll vote for Neko-chan. <3
Old 01-08-2011, 02:04 AM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Neko-chans is hawt,
Old 01-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

Linchy gets my vote.

I'mma get last.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:30 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
Neko-chans is hawt,
I must second this!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

I really like Neko's banner but Linchy's banner was pretty good as well.. :D

Anyway I voted for Neko-Chan.. :)
Old 01-08-2011, 03:31 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

-.-; Graphic Design classes did this to me... so please excuse me if I sound rude.

8-Bit

I don't really understand what's going on. I know it's supposed to represent the BOTW but from this, only the bottom right hand corner seems to fit the bill. The other three places just look placed on without giving to the banner itself. The left side relates to itself and the right side does as well (color scheme wise) but as a whole it doesn't really create an appealing image to view. I do like the gray an white side though. Had more been built with that, it would have made one heck of an interesting look. Banners are thought of to be bright and colorful, even powerful at times. People forget that even a simple black an white image can speak just as loudly as one blasting with color. Props to you for that.

Neko-chan

A very interesting style choice. Certainly the black sheep of the bunch. Breaking away from the simple form of what we decree a banner, it gives a nice appeal. The chosen images actually resemble banners themselves, though I'm not too sure about that worded one on the left. However the text bothers me. It's not so much it's style, rather the placement and color. It seems squished and crowded. Plus it's a tad bit difficult to read right away since the color choices are similar, each having a red in it. Don't get me wrong, it's not impossible to see, just at first glance I didn't know what it said. I had to focus on it for a second before I could tell. I like it's relaxing look though. It's not pushing itself into your face but it's also trying to get your attention with the way you placed the banners in it.

Temporal Snake

Temporal's is nice, but eh... I don't really like how the wording is placed. Normally I am told that centering something isn't always good, that you should have it to the side more to add appeal. However you should also try to balance that placing with something on the other side so there isn't a heaviness to it. This one bugs me because I don't like the left side. It's too empty and leaves the right seeming very heavy as I previously stated. On top of that, the explosion with the text drives my eyes to only the text. I had to force myself away to even look at the rest of the banner, which had nothing to really show in it. That brings the thought, "If all I can focus on is the text, why waste time with background?" It's just not balanced very well. However the colors were nice, the oranges and reds, yellows and whites all complimenting one another. Even the black aided. It gave a type of a stress filled anxiety look, something that could be associated with how competitive the competition can be and feel.

Linchy

I gotta say, Linchy's is very hard to read. Of the Banner Week? Banner of the Week? It's difficult to tell with the text placed like that (even though we know what it's called). On top of that, the background overtakes the text. My eyes are drawn more to it than what your focus should be, the whole thing (text included). That and it bugs me how huge the spacing is both above and below the wording. It just doesn't look appealing enough to win. The sun marking is nice, but out of place. It doesn't fit and stands out too much, also becoming a focus area for my eyes. What I liked though was the city scape. I would have never though of placing a city in the background (though I may not have done the city at the top and bottom). It kinda sends a message like, "this is the community and this is the contest of the community" or something like that. I'm not sure if others would get that message, but that's what it said to me and I liked it. However as I said before, it doesn't seem like winning material for the theme at hand.

----------

My two cents. I seriously apologize if I sounded rude in them. Also, I hope I didn't sound stuck up or like I felt I knew everything. I seriously don't. It's just me being... artsy... I guess. P=

My vote

Neko-chan

- I liked the relaxing feel of it and how it wanted me to look at it, but didn't force me to. Not that the others didn't do that as well (except Temporal's no offense... that thing FORCED me to stare at it...), this one just did it better.

=^^= Nya
Old 01-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
-.-; Graphic Design classes did this to me... so please excuse me if I sound rude.

8-Bit

I don't really understand what's going on. I know it's supposed to represent the BOTW but from this, only the bottom right hand corner seems to fit the bill. The other three places just look placed on without giving to the banner itself. The left side relates to itself and the right side does as well (color scheme wise) but as a whole it doesn't really create an appealing image to view. I do like the gray an white side though. Had more been built with that, it would have made one heck of an interesting look. Banners are thought of to be bright and colorful, even powerful at times. People forget that even a simple black an white image can speak just as loudly as one blasting with color. Props to you for that.

Neko-chan

A very interesting style choice. Certainly the black sheep of the bunch. Breaking away from the simple form of what we decree a banner, it gives a nice appeal. The chosen images actually resemble banners themselves, though I'm not too sure about that worded one on the left. However the text bothers me. It's not so much it's style, rather the placement and color. It seems squished and crowded. Plus it's a tad bit difficult to read right away since the color choices are similar, each having a red in it. Don't get me wrong, it's not impossible to see, just at first glance I didn't know what it said. I had to focus on it for a second before I could tell. I like it's relaxing look though. It's not pushing itself into your face but it's also trying to get your attention with the way you placed the banners in it.

Temporal Snake

Temporal's is nice, but eh... I don't really like how the wording is placed. Normally I am told that centering something isn't always good, that you should have it to the side more to add appeal. However you should also try to balance that placing with something on the other side so there isn't a heaviness to it. This one bugs me because I don't like the left side. It's too empty and leaves the right seeming very heavy as I previously stated. On top of that, the explosion with the text drives my eyes to only the text. I had to force myself away to even look at the rest of the banner, which had nothing to really show in it. That brings the thought, "If all I can focus on is the text, why waste time with background?" It's just not balanced very well. However the colors were nice, the oranges and reds, yellows and whites all complimenting one another. Even the black aided. It gave a type of a stress filled anxiety look, something that could be associated with how competitive the competition can be and feel.

Linchy

I gotta say, Linchy's is very hard to read. Of the Banner Week? Banner of the Week? It's difficult to tell with the text placed like that (even though we know what it's called). On top of that, the background overtakes the text. My eyes are drawn more to it than what your focus should be, the whole thing (text included). That and it bugs me how huge the spacing is both above and below the wording. It just doesn't look appealing enough to win. The sun marking is nice, but out of place. It doesn't fit and stands out too much, also becoming a focus area for my eyes. What I liked though was the city scape. I would have never though of placing a city in the background (though I may not have done the city at the top and bottom). It kinda sends a message like, "this is the community and this is the contest of the community" or something like that. I'm not sure if others would get that message, but that's what it said to me and I liked it. However as I said before, it doesn't seem like winning material for the theme at hand.

----------

My two cents. I seriously apologize if I sounded rude in them. Also, I hope I didn't sound stuck up or like I felt I knew everything. I seriously don't. It's just me being... artsy... I guess. P=

My vote

Neko-chan

- I liked the relaxing feel of it and how it wanted me to look at it, but didn't force me to. Not that the others didn't do that as well (except Temporal's no offense... that thing FORCED me to stare at it...), this one just did it better.

=^^= Nya
Psh, no way man! That was pretty helpful. And I did not really have a lot of inspiration for my one so I messed around.

Looks like Neko-chan might win. ;)
Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Eun Min Offline

I vote for Linchy's banner. ^^

Maybe make the letters nicer to read next time,
by having the letters with holes with holes in them.
(Like the "A" with the triangle space in it.)

Last edited by LeafiaGlacia; 01-08-2011 at 05:27 PM.