Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:52 PM
kitkatt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default :the zoo: {=ROLEPLAY_THREAD=}

Hello!

It's Friday night, I'm out of school, and The Zoo is well and truly OPEN! Have fun, and please don't feed the animals!

The shapeshifter. A mythical race that only haunts our world today. Science has nullified them; history has forgotten them; they are an impossible race, animal turned human.

But in a parallel world close to our own, the impossible is about to become reality.

12th December, 2010. And a very strange occurence. At around 10:00, a wolf went on the rampage in Camden Market, London, killing 2 people and seriously injuring another. Now everyone knows that the wolf, as a species, no longer exists anywhere in England, and how the animal managed to get into a bustling center of commerce. The police closed the case as quickly as they could, blaming the attack upon an escaped zoo animal-turned-wild. But by the 14th, the incident was no longer isolated. A tiger had broken into a house, killing a whole family. The animal, like the wolf, was put down, and both cases were freshly examined for study. These were no ordinary animal attacks.

Alongside that, people began to go missing. A woman named dissapeared after telling her husband she had gone to Camden Market to do some shopping. The body of the fourteen-year-old girl killed alongside her family by a tiger was never found. No blood, no signs of a struggle. Just there one minute, and gone the next. Everywhere the killings went, there were always unexplained happenings; missing bodies, teenagers, adults. The only links between the attacks were the fact that there were no signs of a struggle, and every person that vanished was never under the age of eleven.

It was only by the 24th, with one hundred and two dead, and at least seventy missing, that the truth was uncovered.

A bobcat that had savaged two people was brought into examination, the first animal the police had been able to subdue without killing it. After a series of blood tests, the scientists found something very odd in the subject's DNA. A mutation. The chromosomes had doubled; one set of ordinary bobcat genes, and a set that looked suspiciously like human. It was decided that the animal be kept in quarantine to be observed. For the first twenty-four hours, the animal remained the same; vicious, crazed, and with no human tendencies at all. Then, exactly twenty-four hours since the attack began, a sleepy guard rubbed his eyes and stared confusedley at the security camera screen. He blinked. He blinked again. But it was still there. A man was lying where the bobcat had been sleeping a moment ago, in tattered rags. The scientists and security were notified, and the man was woken from his apparently deep slumber. But, even after much testing and interrogating, the man still yielded no answers. He remembered nothing of how he got there; where he had been, nor of what he had been doing. All he could remember was sitting down with his wife and son...and then nothing.

By now, the government, and the public, were pressurising science for an answer. And so science gave them their answer. The shapeshifter had materiallized into everyday existence, and life would never be the same again. And so, on Christmas morning, Operation Zoo was launched. Every shapeshifter, animal or human, was rounded up, and taken to the Zoo. This was a old military site that had been left to ruin and repair since World War II, and now was the new home for almost 150 captured shapeshifters. A 10-metre wall was built around the chosen site, topped with barbed wire, and the mutants were airshipped in by helicopter, the animal relased from cages lowered into the ground. And then they were alone. Humans ranging in age, from eleven to around fourty, now found themselves in a new world. After exploring the site, and testing out the new rules of this new reality, it was discovered that after the first mindlessley painful shift, it was possible to shift upon demand, and relatively painlessley. At first, a loose group of shifters formed a sort of council, but were quickly disbanded when several of them were killed by a member of another group of would-be leaders. Then came a period of panic that lasted for a while, as dominance was established, and others realised their other power: to kill. around 90 died, maybe even more had a sqaudron flown in a tranqed the survivors.

Eventually, once the battle died down, there were two groups, or Houses, the name coined by a fifteen-year old in memory of a distant school. Forest House, and Plane House. The two live in seperate areas; the forested area, and the runway strip, and are on the brink of another war, caused by stealing food supplies from both sides. No Keeper will save them this time. This time, the Zoo is closing down. For good.

~~~

THE_SIGN_UP:

Is right here. Sign-ups are open and welcome!

THE_DISCUSSION:

Discussion thread is now open! CLICK ME NOW. You know you want to.

THE_MAP

This is pretty rubbish. If anyone can do better, please IM me.

THE_CENSUS

Accepted:

aeoneeveemoon- Tam Way (F)
Rinn- Livv+Rinn Crowther (F)
Doodlebop- Allison Peters (F)
kikatt- Drake Merwood(P) and Naomh Lupez (F)
Dark Moonlight- Elsetta (F)

Reserved:

infenorose800-Alan Macanally + Hemlich Municson (P+P)
aeoneeveemoon- 3 unspecified characters (?)
Gentle Manne- Agustin Morrow(P)

Rejected:

None, yet; keep it up!

Get posting, you crazes! K x ^.^
Old 12-18-2010, 08:22 AM
kitkatt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: :the zoo: {=ROLEPLAY_THREAD=}

Naomh Lupez
Mexican Wolf
Somewhere in the Forest, near the river.

She could feel the hum of the forest under her paws. Long claws dug into soft, fertile soil, veined with tree roots as thick as her foreleg and twice as long. Her fur brushed the stout trnk of a tree, worn and cracked with age, leaves dappling sunlight on her thick-furred back. Her eyes were focused on the river glimmering promises of fish through the thinning trees leading up to its bank, out of reach for the Mexican wolf staring transfixed by the beauty of the shimmering, leaping froth of fast-flowing water. She could also see a little further down the bank, where the waters calmed into a smooth ribbon of life weaving through the forest it had created.

Naomh Lupez sighed, a suprisingly human-like sound, and her tail swished through the leaves, a faint echo of a dog wagging its tail. This was home. This was where she was meant to be.

A sound split her thoughts, as if an animal had shifted slightly on the cracked leaves littering the forest floor. Annoyed, Naomh lifted her feathered tail level to her body, not in greeting, but as a show of defiance, and moved silently forward into the thickening undergrowth. Whoever was there was going to get a nasty suprise.

Drake Merwood
Human
Ruined Plane

Drake clicked his tounge noisily against the roof of his mouth as he stared distractedly up at the shattered windscreen of the plane. Shadows were moving inside, but he paid them no heed, squinting his eyes as he examined the shards of glass sticking out of the frame. He supposed they could be of some use, but he would have to check first. Sighing a little, he boarded the aircraft, to meet kids and adults sleeping, fighting, some even staring wistfully out of the windows as if expecting the craft to suddenly fly them out to Barbados. Drake shook his head slightly at that notion, barely noticing the way the passengers respectfully stepped out of his way as he passed. The engine was long out of gas, and he doubted the outsiders would be sending out any high-octane aeropane fuel along with their occasional food package.
Reaching the door to the cockpit, he wrenched open the rusty door to find a thirty-year-old dozing in the captain's seat. 'Get out.' Drake snarled, and watched with faint pleasure as the man ran out of the door. He reached the window pane, selected a sharp-edged fragment of glass, and tugged it bodily from the frame after some straining and grunting, before wrapping it securey in an old rag. Sure, it wouldmake a good blade, and there was no scrap metal left to make a new one starting from scratch, but it would need a good handle...He suddenly remembered the roll of masking tape secured to his belt, and rolled the sticky stuff around and around the base of the glass, until it was a thick, secure handle. Best he could do, considering the circumstances.
Suddenly studying the cockpit for the first time, he grinned and sank into the seat, spinning around in it a few times for effect. He could get to like this place. Embedding himself in the torn, but still soft plush covering, he lay back and smiled at the ceiling. This was turning out to be a good day.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Elsetta
Tiger
Forest

Elsetta padded towards the river slowly, with the feeling someone was there, listening, waiting for her. The tension was heavy. Elsetta slowly shuffled towards the river and began to drink, her thirst not near quenched yet. She needed water, a lot of it, to make up for her lack of it.

Spoiler:
Old 12-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Tam
By the riverside
Forest House Panther

Tam padded through the trees, weaving her way gracefully through the forest. Her claws flexed in and out, itching with irritation. She stopped at the river, beside Elsetta, a friend of hers. Tam nodded to the tiger, then took a deep drink, feeling grouchy and upset.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 12-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Elsetta
Tiger
Riverside
Forest

"Oh, hello, Tam. Nice to see you. How's life?" Elsetta asked, making for another drink. She would need a lot of water...

Spoiler:
Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Tam
Riverside
Forest House Panther

Tam grunted. "Isn't it obvious, what with being stuck in this hole?"

Old 12-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rinn Send a message via MSN to Rinn

Rinn Crowther
Human
Forest

Rinn wandered around in the forest, seemingly lost. He had been walking for a few hours now, determinded to not use his shapeshifting form. He reached a clearing in the trees, and he could see it; the river. He could see a Panther and a Tiger by the riverside, both conversing and drinking... Rinn was thirsty. As quickly as he could, Rinn shapeshifted into his Fox and bolted towards the river, bowing down and taking a quick sip before rushing back into the trees, peering out at the two animals using the trees to his advantage.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Elsetta
Tiger
Forest, Riverside

"I saw that," Elsetta sighed and drank some more, then she padded somewhere less muddy and flomped onto the grass. She needed a lie down soooo much...

Spoiler:
Old 12-19-2010, 11:05 AM
kitkatt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Naomh Lupez
Mexican Wolf
Riverside

Almost at once, Naomh caught the faint sound of pawsteps, and watched silently as a tiger, possibly Siberian, padded slowly up to the river, and bent its head to drink. Naomh growled quietly under her breath, and moved closer to the flowing water. Plain, or Forest, it was hard to tell; she didn't know many of the Forests by name, and it was common to meet one she could barely recognise. However, she would often catch a Plain trying to sneak into their territory, and so she wasn't ready to take any chances.

However, the next shifter to come into her line of vision was one she definitely knew. Tracy? Tina? No, it was Tam. She watched the pitch-black cat make her way down to the river, looking irritated, and take a sip, nodding at the tiger relatively cordially. So that made two Forests by the river, unless the panther had had a sudden change of heart concerning alliances. Still not too willing to show herself, she listened hard as to decipher the cats' speech. It was easy for members of the same family to understand each other, but the less you were related, the harder it got. She recollected a wasted afternoon trying to convince a King cobra shifter to get the hell out of her den, and retreated a little further, ears flat on her skull. No point in makng a fool of herself, whatever the circumstances.

Then she saw a human bloke sprint through the trees, before arriving at the river, taking a quick sip, and darting off into the trees again. Naomh snorted; she wouldn't be suprised if he was a Plain, he looked stupid enough. Then again, who would even think of going into enemy territory without shifting? She had stolen stuff from the Plains plenty of times, and one thing as for sure, if she sauntered in there as a human, they would rip her skin off. Carefully, as not to spoil her fun, she crept up behind him, shifted, and whispered sweetly in his ear, 'Look behind you next time.'
Old 12-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Rinn Crowther
Black Fox
Forest

"Look behind you next time."

Rinn, in his black fox shift, jumped, spinning around and growling at the apparant enemy behind him. What he saw was a rather big looking Mexican Wolf, looking at him rather dangerously. He stopped growling, straightened up and smiled slightly, shifting back into his human form, running a hand through his hair.

"Maybe, you should look behind yourself before you plan on sneaking up on me next time."

He looked behind the Mexican Wolf at his sister, Livv, a large Komodo Dragon perched on a tree.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Elsetta
Tiger
Riverside

I watched the commotion at the trees from my little space on the ground and I stood up and padded over.

"What's up? Is this going to turn into a fight?" Elsetta sighed, looking the fox, the Mexican Wolf and the Kimodo Dragon up and down.

Spoiler:
Old 12-19-2010, 12:07 PM
kitkatt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Naomh Lupez
Human
Forest

Naomh's eyes shifted slightly to accomadate for the new threat that was currently in the form of a large Komodo Dragon perched within the boughs of an old oak. She almost laughed.

The hunter has become the hunted.

Leaning against a tree almost casually, she said, 'Well, you make powerful friends.' The shifter racked her brains. Komodos were not the kind of thing you see everyday, and she was a little annoyed at herself for not remembering the human hidden within the scales. Then it clicked.

'You're...Livv?' she said, speaking directly to the large reptillian creature. 'And you're her brother. The two siblings.' Her eyes didn't leave the far more dangerous lizard to even glance at the boy, but her muscles relaxed. Definitely Forests. She had seen Livv and her brother, and heard of Livv's shift, but had failed to pick up exactly who the guy was.

'The fox and the dragon, hmm? Guess I don't stand a chance.' Sticking out her hand to the boy, she said 'I'm Naomh Lupez. Forest House. Who the hell are you?'
Old 12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Rinn Crowther
Human
Forest

Rinn shook Naomh's hand, pulling his iPod out of the bag he was carrying and putting an earphone in.

"I'm Rinn. Rinn Crowther. Apparently you already know my sister."

Rinn motioned behind Naomh at the one Komodo Dragon now young girl stood there, brushing a long strand of jet black hair out of her face.

Livv Crowther
Human
Forest

Livv had shifted back into a human and was now walking towards Naomh, hand out to her, smiling.

"Time to formally introduce myself! I'm Livv!" The sixteen year old girl said, laughing slightly as she spoke.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Tam
Panther
Amid the crowd

Tam sighed, padding towards the komodo and the fox - she eyed the reptile warily, not because it had a size advantage or anything, but because she knew that komodo bites were almost always fatal.

She shot Naomh a glance - as one of the higher-ups it was her job to know names by heart - and said, "He's Rinn. You know, one of the few siblings around here - in fact I think they're the only ones in the Forest House." She yawned, plopping her fuzzy rump on the grass and scratching the back of her head with a massive, shadow-colored pad. "I'm going on a raid," she announced. "Anyone else want to come?"

Old 12-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Elsetta
Tiger
Riverside

"I'll come with you," Elsetta said to Tam, running over. She couldn't wait for a raid, she loved them, despite putting her life on the line every time she did one.

Spoiler: