Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Windchaser54321 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Individual RP: Xalapeno

Ranger Calvin Likely- NBP1

Calvin Likely was not happy. It wasn't that he was particularly sad, or even angry, there was simply an aura of not happiness exuding from every pore in his body. This was due, in part, to the fact that he half expected a giant, evil, robot hand to reach out, grab him, and toss him out a window when he reached his destination, despite the fact that he was on solid earth, a good twenty feet away from the old Abandoned Power Plant. Why there was a power plant or why it had been abandoned was anyone's guess, but Calvin didn't really feel like finding out.

Pop, his Drifloon, floated beside him, giving the Power Plant the same, uneasy look.

At that point, his charge arrived; this Robert character arrived on the scene. Calvin consulted his papers to make sure this was the right person. "He's of thin build, has short, spiky black hair..." Calvin muttered under his breath, and then looked up. "Nice to meet you, Robert. How're you doing today? Good? Great. If you'll just follow me, we'll get this done quick and easy."

The ranger handed some papers and a pen to Robert. "Just sign these real quick, there's a good chap. Liability forms and whatnot, so if you die we're not responsible, eh?" Calvin turned back to the power plant, shielding his eyes from the glaring sun. "Done? Righty-ho. If you'll just follow me..."

"Try not to make too much noise. That sort of stuff tends to attract, er, dangerous predators." said Calvin, as they edged past the rusted steel doors, to enter the dimly lit Power Plant. Occasionally, a flurry of sparks would discharge themselves from the broken wires and briefly illuminate the abandoned building, casting grotesquely long shadows. The interior of the building was massive, and Calvin paused to take in its enormity. "Yup. Definitely wouldn't want to go around attracting dangerous predators."

Calvin turned around, walking backwards into the darkness and beckoning for his employer to follow. "That is, unless you think you can handle 'em."

Trainer Stats:
Trainer Name: Robert (Xalapeno)
Pokemon:
Fuego (Charizard)- M/Serious/Blaze
Jolty (Jolteon)- F/Jolly/Volt Absorb
Noche (Umbreon)- M/Docile/Synchronize
Items: 6x Park Balls, 3x HyperBalls, Camera
Encounters Remaining: 15
Pokemon Encountered: None
Pokemon Captured: None
Old 12-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno
Default Re: Individual RP: Xalapeno

"Mbahaha!” I laughed as I heard the words spoken by the ranger.

"I have the badges of all four regions for a reason..... and fear wasn't it", I replied.

"I'll take on anything that gets thrown at me, and my trusty Pokémon are here to help me through this!” I exclaimed in a stern, yet mellow voice.

I checked my bag one more time to make sure I had my camera and the park balls. With all in check, I reached for the first pokéball on my belt; it was labeled "Fuego". I threw the ball into the air and called forth my Charizard.

The ball swirled in midair and emitted a red beam that took the form of a winged dragon. The red light began fading away and in its place a pokémon appeared. Up above, the Charizard stretched its wings out wide; it was free of the confinements of the rather small sphere. The Pokémon made eye contact with me and then proceeded to land on the ground. It slowly flapped its wings to descend. When it did, its tail lit ablaze and emitted a warm glow. This would have to provide the light for our excursion inside the power plant.

My Charizard and I followed the ranger into the dark building, waiting to find some Pokémon and hopefully capture them. With the aid of the flaming tail, the inside became illuminated. I took a good look around to see what there was and to get a feel for the place.

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Windchaser54321 Offline
Amateur Trainer

NBP2

"I have the badges of all four regions for a reason...and fear wasn't it."

Calvin tripped and stumbled when the great dragon-like Pokemon followed the rather cavalier statement. Badges from all four regions...my first charge is a bloody league champion? Coughing in a gruff sort of manner and brushing off his clothing, Calvin hopped back onto his feet, his Drifloon floating around his head, staring at awe at the immense fire Pokemon. "Yes, well, ahem, trusty Pokemon, that's all very well said and done. Come along, then."

"That's a mighty fine Charizard you got there. What's his name? He must have helped you a lot in getting those badges, eh?" said Calvin, making small talk as they delved deeper into the power plant. "I've never been much in the battling circuit; Pop here just kind of mooches around, doesn't he?"

Warily, the ranger stopped and looked around, before taking further steps forward, talking more quietly as he went. "Sorry, mate, have I told you my name yet? Ranger Likely, at your service, but you can call me Calvin." This Robert certainly had made a lot of noise, and the light would shine like a beacon in the deserted power plant. Picking his way over a fallen roof support, Calvin leaped lightly over the wooden beam and extended a hand to help Robert across. "You want to be careful with the big Pokemon, in here," he said, "You've got to remember, this place hasn't been repaired or renovated for ages and it's near falling apart already, so try to be careful. If any encounters here get too, er, violent, the entire place might just as well fall down on top of us, and that wouldn't be any fun, would it?"

Something fluttered overhead; Calvin looked up, to see a Pokemon, up in the rafters, flying into the shadows. The ranger's Drifloon flew closer to investigate, which caused the Pokemon to flutter out once more, allowing Calvin a clear view of it. "Your Charizard must have spooked that there Zubat. You want to catch it? I suppose it is a bit of a meager capture for someone like you, but it's worth a shot, in't it?"

"S'posing you don't want it," said Calvin, as Pop returned to his customary position around his head, "What kind of Pokemon are you looking for, here?"

Trainer Stats:
Pokemon:
Fuego (Charizard)- M/Serious/Blaze [Currently out of Ball]
Encounters Remaining: 14
Pokemon Encountered: [??? ??? Zubat]
Old 12-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno

"That's a mighty fine Charizard you got there. What's his name?"
__________________________________________________ ______

"My Charizard thanks you for the compliment, but I must admit that he is not one of my more frequently used Pokémon. This is what probably attributes to his serious nature.... I brought him along so that we could bond more. I've actually meant to use him more often but haven't found the chance to do so... Oh and his name is Fuego" I replied as I followed the ranger through the entry corridor.

As I looked around, I remembered what the ranger said about keeping quiet. The place was in bad shape and startling the inhabitants now did not seem as good of an idea as it did prior to entering the edifice. I also kept in mind the part about how the place could collapse in on us and the mere thought of it made a slight shiver go down my spine. I followed the ranger’s example and proceeded with caution.

"Oh." I suddenly said as I remembered something. I pulled out my camera and adjusted it around my neck. I knew that having it out of the bag would allow me to catch a snap of a rare Pokémon faster than if it were within the bag.

I heard Calvin mention something about a Zubat and I asked, "What Zubat? I didn't hear anything."

I looked around and saw that Charizard’s gaze had seen it by following where Drifloon went. I saw the flying mammal but it did not interest me much. Back at home my Crobat was waiting for me and the last thing she’d want would be for me to arrive with another of the same species.

"I think we should keep going and look for other creatures," I suggested in a low voice. "I'll let this little guy go for now."

"My goal here is to catch a Rotom above everything else," I said.

"However, I also wouldn't mind running into a couple others," I added.

The way Zubat had been in such close quarters without my knowledge reminded me that I was on their turf. I'd have to be wary for the other sneaky Pokémon we would encounter.

Last edited by Xalapeno; 12-19-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:18 AM
Windchaser54321 Offline
Amateur Trainer

NBP3

"I think we should keep going and look for other creatures, I'll let this little guy go for now. My goal here is to catch a Rotom above everything else. However, I also wouldn't mind running into a couple others."

Calvin winced. "Rotom, huh? Those are tricky little buggers, no mistake, and there's no guarantee you're catching one even if you run into it. Well, keep your eyes peeled, mate, and best of luck to you." He let the Zubat be, beckoning for his Drifloon to follow him, and continued, purposefully, deeper into the power plant. The darkness grew deeper as they drew further and further away from the exit; a Stygian blanket threatened to envelop them completely, but the light from the Charizard's tail provided enough light for them to continue on their way.

Presently, they came upon a rusted doorway. Calvin put a finger to his lips, indicating silence, and gently pushed the door open. It swung on rusty hinges, creaking softly as it went, and Calvin entered the room, cautiously, Drifloon close by. The room itself was large and spacious; at one point, it must have been some kind of central hub for the power plant, but now it was dark, dormant, and derelict. A massive generator, gaunt in their sparse light, stood, motionless, in the middle of the room, a centerpiece among other pieces of miscellaneous machinery. Every step echoed, dismally, of the walls, rotting with damp.

Wrinkling his nose, an appalling scent hit Calvin's nostrils. Looking for the source, he saw, in the corner, a pile of Pokemon excrement. Blanching slightly, he walked slightly closer (but only slightly) to investigate, and saw lion-like paw prints in the dust. "This here, this looks like Luxray or Shinx, to me." he said to Robert, half-whispering, for the silence of the room demanded a kind of solemn silence in return, like a great church or holy place. "More than one, a pack of them. Now, Shinx are easy, but if we run into mum or da Luxray, we're in a bit of a fix. Judging by the, er, smell, it's recent, so be on the look out." Calvin chuckled, a bit nervously. "Constant vigilance, eh?"

Suddenly, a metallic, grinding sound; Calvin's head snapped in its direction, which was coming from behind the great generator. This was no Shinx or Luxray; it was cold and alien, a soft whirring punctuated in stark contrast by harsh clicks and metallic thuds. Something came up from behind the generator- it was covered in shadows, but Calvin could see it had a rough, lumpy shape, with sharp protrusions- there was an odd symmetry about it. Calvin slowly edged towards Robert and Fuego. "Magneton," he whispered, "It depends on the individual, but they're usually not all that aggressive. If you like, we could back out of here...but if you want, you could try and catch it. Case in point, the magnetism is very powerful; keep your distance, it's not the safest thing for flesh and blood type folks like us."

Trainer Stats:
Pokemon:
Encounters Remaining: 13
Pokemon Encountered: Zubat, [Genderless ??? Magneton]
Old 12-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Presently, they came upon a rusted doorway. Calvin put a finger to his lips, indicating silence, and gently pushed the door open.
I followed Ranger Calvin closely, accompanied by Fuego. The room we entered was larger than I had expected and the air also had a high amount of moisture. Charizard’s once incandescent flame had dwindled to an emaciated glow; managing only to provide enough light for me to see clearly within a two meters distance. Other shapes were of course visible, but with the poor light conditions their actual compositions were left to my imagination. The room also housed a most repugnant smell. The air was thick with the foul odor.

I pulled my shirt tightly over my nose to try and filter out the overwhelming stench. Then being a smart alec I told Calvin, “My goodness, I was under the impression that this power plant was abandoned. This place doesn’t even come close to the smell of a Weezing and Muk convention in the summer I bet. Those Luxray sure as heck don’t know anything about cleaning up after themselves.”

Charizards nostrils flared at my comment, either because he agreed or because the smell was much too strong for him, perhaps even a combination of the two. I personally did not want to spend another second in this room, not even the appearance of Rotom would’ve made it worthwhile.

Suddenly I heard a soft drone coming from the center of the room. I looked at the generator in surprise thinking that it was the source of the sound. Calvin then silently mentioned that it was a Magneton. Sure enough, I directed my eyes above the generator and saw a hovering form that had a rather triangular shape to it. Since it was in a darker part of the room, I couldn’t tell if it was looking at us or looking for us, but I did know that we had woken it from its slumber.

As Calvin walked back towards me I whispered, “Even if I did happen to want this Magneton, the stench in here is really hard to overcome. Also, I don’t think that I’m alone on this opinion.” Charizard had begun tugging at my shirt and motioning to the door from whence we entered.

“Calvin, please try to get us out of here, I don’t particularly wish to find out if that Magneton is in a bad mood and much less in this smelly place”, I pleaded.

Last edited by Xalapeno; 12-23-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Windchaser54321 Offline
Amateur Trainer

OOC: Gack, I'm such a terrible ranger...sorry for the delay, I was skiing and didn't have much time for the Internet...

NBP4

"Calvin, please try to get us out of here, I don’t particularly wish to find out if that Magneton is in a bad mood and much less in this smelly place," Robert pleaded.

"Get us out of here?" said Calvin, tip-toeing to the door. "That can be arranged. If you'll just follow me, we can just nip out this door..." Rather more hastily than was necessary, Calvin skipped through the gap in the rusted door and slipped through, back into the main corridors. For a moment, there was utter darkness as Robert and Fuego came through the door, as well. "Don't worry, it won't follow us. Probably."

In the dim light, Calvin walked a small way ahead, looking for any sign of the Luxray or Shinx that had left the dung. There were a few telltale paw prints in the dust, but, other than that, nothing evident. Turning back, Calvin said, in a hushed whisper, "All's clear. Come on, Robert, follow my voice if you can't see me."

Calvin stood, waiting for Robert and his Pokemon. A few sparks fizzled from the ceiling. There was a dripping sound, from somewhere. Probably a leaky faucet, or something. Ye gods, we'll have to watch out for puddles and sparks. Calvin shifted, uneasily, as the dripping abruptly stopped, to be replaced by...crunching? Leaky faucets didn't crunch, at the best of times. Pop gave a little squeak, and dove for safety in front of Calvin. He gulped, nervously. It's going to be right behind me. I just know it. I'm going to turn around and it's going to be looming, right behind me.

The ranger considered standing up to the wild Pokemon, but decided that Mr. League Champion should probably do that, that was what he was paying for, aha, and then his nerve broke and Calvin had to turn around. A draconian Pokemon stared back at him, flicking a burning tail lazily. "Oh, Fuego, it's just you, that's good. Where's-?"

The Charizard snarled, taking a menacing step forward; gravel crunched and something snapped under its mighty foot. Calvin's eyes darted behind him, to see the fire of Fuego's tail, the real Fuego. But the Charizard in front of him had to be...you didn't find Charizards in the power plant, what else could it...?

Ditto used Transform, Calvin thought, morosely.

Trainer Stats:
Pokemon:
Encounters Remaining: 12
Pokemon Encountered: Zubat, Magneton, [Genderless ??? Ditto]
Old 01-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Xalapeno Offline

It's going to be right behind me. I just know it. I'm going to turn around and it's going to be looming, right behind me.

Fuego and I followed Calvin as he guided us out of the room without having to fight the Magneton. He led us down another hallway whose walls echoed the sound of water droplets splashing. As he turned a corner the dripping abruptly ended and Drifloon’s squeak let off a small squeal. I stopped walking and looked around, I knew something was watching us. I turned to the ranger for some reaction that could give me a hint as to where our observer could be. He made a half circle turn and stared at a whole in the wall.

Calvin’s face showed signs of bewilderment as he looked from side to side between the large crevice and where I was standing at with Charizard by my side. A pokemon pushed its way out of the hole and it I could tell that it resembled Fuego in every detail, barring the fact that it had a slightly lighter complexion. Calvin said it was a Ditto, and I at first disagreed with him but then it made obvious sense to me.

Fuego suddenly stepped in front of me, ready to charge at the impersonator. He was itching for a fight, for he was full of pride and did not take kindly to the way Ditto had tried to copy his looks. Charizards tail grew ablaze and his nostrils huffed out a cloud of smoke and fire. He preparing to confront the mimic.

“Fuego I order you to stand down!” I commanded in a stern voice.

He turned his head and looked at me with a disapproving glint in his eyes. Then he turned back again and let out a roar. He took a deep breath and released a streak of fire aimed directly at the other charizard…..

Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 AM
Windchaser54321 Offline
Amateur Trainer

BP1

This Ditto was a run of the mill sort of Ditto, spliced from a Ditto that had led the exact same kind of boring life where even a change in teatime was considered exciting. He/she/it had wandered the power plant for all it's life, adjusting its androgynous body to whatever stray Zubat or Shinx had crossed its path, and it was starting to fall into a kind of cyclical depression process when, suddenly, it saw the light.

Granted, said light was on the end of a dragon's butt, but that just made everything so much better. This was what it had been preparing its entire life for. This was power. This was what would get him into the big leagues, with the champion transformers. This was the chance it had been waiting for.

It was exhilarating.

The pseudo-Charizard breathed in deeply through its nostril's, sucking a few wisps of smoke back into its head in the process. The Ditto had known the sensation of smell before, but never as powerful as this. It beat its mighty wings fitfully. The plant was no longer a place for it; suddenly, unfamiliar instincts inside the dragon awoke, longing for the taste of open air. The Ditto flexed its powerful claws, bristling in agitation, sniffing out the way. There were...two humans, it could tell by the must, and some kind of pallid scent drifting insubstantially along, and...

An intruder. Another male. On its territory. The human, the farther one, was saying something, but the Ditto paid him no heed. It puffed up its chest, smoke curling out of its almost grinning mouth. Intimidation tactics. Standard procedure. Immediately, it was answered by a burst of flame. So, he wanted to pick a fight? The Ditto snarled, choosing to solve this dispute like any male of any kind would. Head on.

The false Charizard roared, leaping over Calvin in one bound, cracking the floor on impact, before lumbering forward. It was slow, but the flames issuing from its maw helped its case, tremendously. They were short-lived, though; this was merely more posturing, more attempts to scare the intruder away. The Ditto gulped in one huge breath of air and roared, face contorting as it tried to scare Fuego off.

Fuego flinched, but only slightly. The Scary Face had failed.

Calvin, who had dived for cover behind a fallen roof support, shouted above the din of the two Charizards summing each other up, "Remember what I said! That thing is heavy, it'll bring the whole building down if this gets too physical. The supports are stone, you can't burn them, but be careful."

Trainer Stats:
Pokemon:
Fuego (Charizard)- M/Serious/Blaze [Currently engaged in battle]
Encounters Remaining: 12
Pokemon Encountered: Zubat, Magneton, [Genderless ??? Ditto]

Current Battle:
Fuego (Charizard)- 100% [Agitated]
v.s.
Genderless ??? Ditto- 100% [In the form of Charizard, also agitated- failed Scary Face]