Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: {Kingdom Hearts} Fate of the Unknown

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi everybody.

Well, as you've seen, the update schedule for Wings Have We has all but gone down the wazoo lately. I have been pushed all over the place by seemingly everyone, have been getting even less sleep than usual, and just last night have been forced to leave a RP site when most everyone has been trashed by a hellish lead admin. Plus my grades are plummeting and I am in danger of failing many of my classes -- this year marks the first time I've ever failed a class, ever. I am officially putting Fate on extended hiatus until I can get my life back on track.

Good luck, love you all. -Gira

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Giratina Offline

I lied!

Also, you guys get another twofer. Sorry. (But hey, this one includes more fun from the Darkseid Manor! :3)

Also, warning: Dream has some foul language in it.

39. DREAM -- The sky began to clear, beautiful petals raining from what was once the Storm of Darkness. They were all small, delicate, and the palest of pink, and all of them seemed happy to simply float down around the two as they embraced.

Ettenei nearly collapsed upon her boyfriend, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks. They had actually done it, and she was the happiest girl in the world in that moment, held in Empto’s arms and letting the world fall to glittering pieces around them. The Storm of Darkness had finally been conquered, with the evil abstraction known only as the Assembly gone forever. They would never plague the beautiful duo, or any of their friends, ever again.

“You did it,” said Ettenei.

“No,” he corrected her. “We did it.”

Then, as if fate himself had seen their act of courage and beauty, her wonderful, invaluable friends all appeared on the horizon. Still clutching Empto’s hand, Ettenei turned around, but could only watch in awe as they slowly moved towards her, as if in a daze. But soon that daze lifted and the whole group joined in one hug – one astronomic, true hug. This was the first one they had shared as complete beings. For, yes, they were complete now! The petals changed as they fell; first it was just a faint pink glow, but soon there were six lights glittering brighter than the others. These six petals transformed, then and there.

Soon, in their place were six crystalline objects, floating in air, and looking for all the world like a series of hearts.

It was a dream come true for all of them; everyone was wearing the widest smiles on the planet, knowing that soon, they would be real. They would be true. There would be no more heartless nonexistence; they would be whole, complete. They would be Somebodies.

Exentite very nearly retched.

When had she wrote this crap? It was all utter... utter bullshit. What did ‘abstraction’ even mean? Scowling, she looked around the room at everyone else contained within. Jaxiel was sitting in a corner brooding, as usual; Wriex had taken the metal plating off one of his arm cannons and was now fiddling with it, as usual; Risdexe was humming happily as she scratched nonsense drawings into the wall of their cell, as usual; and here she was, Exentite, staring in disgust at the paper she had found rolled up, stuck in one of the gaps between the blocks and mortar.

She remembered writing this. But that had been a very different time, when she was just a little girl, sitting in this cell and waiting for her life to begin anew. Back then, she was a stupid little thing who still thought that she was ever going to get out of this damned place. As if someone still cared about her, instead of just leaving her here with a group of incompetents and letting her rot. Ha ha, yeah right...

Exentite crunched up the paper and pushed it back into the wall.

As if she could speak to her former self, the ‘Nobody’ spat, “Dreams don’t live too long here in the Darkseid Manor.”

61. FAIRY TALE -- Dear diary:

Hi! My name is Kairi. How are you today? (Grandma says that's what I'm supposed to say when I meet new people. I think I have it down now, but you'll need to help me sometimes, okay, diary?) It's my birthday today! So I got this diary for me to write in. Grandma says it's so that I can write better and understand my feelings, which I think is kind of silly because how can you not understand things in you like feelings? But it looks like fun to write in this every day so that's what I think I'm going to do. I might even be able to show it to my teacher at school and get extra credit at the end of the year! She likes to see us writing too. So I think if she sees me writing she'll be happy, and when she's happy she gives people extra credit. (When she's not happy she hits people with rulers, which hurts.) So I think I'm going to take this to school sometime!

Dear diary:

We're in school! Isn't it nice, diary? I like it. People in my class are nice, and I have friends here. Do you want to hear about my friends, diary? Well, there's Rolie, who really likes sports and things. She plays soccer. Sometimes I play soccer with her too, but she's faster than me so she usually wins. Though afterwards she says that it's okay because she trained more, and then her mom makes us cookies and so everything is okay. Also, there's Michelle, who has a really big house and lots of close and stuff. So whenever I go over to her house we always play dress-up with her older sister (who makes a really good super scary witch!) where we're the princesses who got locked up in the evil witch's castle and had to get our way out. When we do that, we can make things from thin air, like keys (to open doors) or swords (to cut down big trees) and stuff. So that's always fun. Also, I just met a girl named Fuu. She's kind of shy so I don't think she talks much, but she's nice, and when she does talk she usually has good ideas. And she's okay with Rolie and Michelle too so I think that we're all friends. There are lots of other people in my class too but they're not as good friends as Rolie, Michelle, and Fuu, so we're the best friends there is in the class, I think. Rolie, Michelle, Kairi, Fuu. Our names sound nice together, don't you think?

Dear diary:

I found out today that not all of my friends know Radiant Garden. That's where I live. Well, okay they all know it because they all live there, but I know where the roads go and stuff. All they know is how to get from school to their house. So when we all decided to try out going home as a group, we walked all over Radiant Garden and people pointed out where their houses were and I was the one who could go around and know where everything is. Grandma calls that kind of person a 'navigator'. Don't you think that's a cool title, diary? Navigator. Though somewhere on an island super far away, Grandma says that people make little charms out of seashells and those act like navigators so that they help people on the ocean come back home. I think that's nice of them!

Dear diary:

I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I met someone new a few days ago, diary. Please forgive me! But I can tell you about him now so you can know. I don't know him very well because I don't see him in school which I don't get because everyone has to go to school or else they're dumb. He's a little scary because he doesn't talk too much, but Grandma says that you shouldn't judge people from how they look because maybe he's really just super nice, but shy like Fuu is. Maybe I should take Fuu to meet him. I think they'd be friends. He doesn't like talking though, even less than Fuu. And I think he's a ghost! Because he moves his mouth but sound doesn't come out. That's creepy. Even though I'm not supposed to say people are creepy just because they look creepy, I'm saying that he does something creepy so that's okay. But Fuu and Michelle and Rolie have started calling him Book Boy because he reads ALL THE TIME! That's crazy. No one can read that fast. He kind of looks like a cheater. Cheater, cheater!

Dear diary:

Grandma says that calling people ghosts isn't nice. So I don't think he's a ghost anymore.

Anyway, I met someone else today. She's a lady with blue hair and a fancy sword like the ones Michelle and I make up when we do dress-up and it's so cool! She let me touch it. It's pretty. Actually, she's pretty too because she has these things on her arms that are kind of like sleeves, except they're attached by metal armor instead of shoulder cloth! How cool is that? I think she's really cool. She called herself Aqua, so I told her that my name was Kairi, and I was lost then so I was kind of scared but she met up with a nice-looking mouse and I went off with him so he could help me find Grandma again. So I was happy about that because I missed Grandma, but I miss Aqua too because she was nice and I miss her.

Also, Book Boy didn't come back today. I wonder where he went?

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 07-05-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Giratina Offline

7. HEAVEN -- “Who are you?”

“I don’t know. Do you know who you are?”

“No.”

“Oh.”

“Maybe…”

“Hm?”

“Maybe we can be… friends?”

“Friends?”

“Yes. We can be friends. We can talk, right?”

“I guess…”

“So let’s be friends.”

“Okay.”

“Someday, when we’re completed, we’ll meet in the big wide world.”

“How will I know you?”

“I think we’ll know. We’ll both know.”

“Will we ever be finished, though?”

“I think so. It’s working hard. I think I have a bit more of myself now.”

“…Huh?”

“Like… parts. What did the maker call it? Uh…”

“A body?”

“Yes. I think I have more body now.”

“We’re getting closer.”

“Huh?”

“To completion. I feel it.”

“Maybe we’ll both be done soon.”

“Yeah. We’ll see each other then.”

“I can’t wait! I really can’t.”

“Neither can I.”

“Okay, well… see you in the next life!”

Two weeks later, a black-haired creation was set loose upon the worlds, put in a cloak and given a flimsy purpose. Two years later, a silver-haired creation was set upon a very small world, put in a dark bodysuit and not given a purpose at all. Neither of them survived a year.

And they didn’t meet in the next life.

(vpp da)
Old 11-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Giratina Offline

32. NIGHT -- The stars.

How long had it been since he’d seen the stars over Hol—Radiant Garden? They had always been draped in construction smog, or clouds, or something that had obscured his vision. But tonight there was nothing to block them; the city was finally back to its original splendor (though of course, in his mind there was still more to be done), and it was a perfect cloudless night. The night was perfect, flawless in every way.

There had probably been more nights like this. But he wouldn’t have been able to enjoy them like he did this one.

Hills like these looked over the city on all sides; it was, after all, grassland, even if more things had been built on top of it. But this one was easily the tallest, and probably the most overlooked as well. Most residents still saw no need to exit the city walls; surely later on in the rebuilt city-state’s life, a few pilgrims would leave into the vast unknown, turning this hill into a road or a shop or something. But for now, he had no reason to worry about colonies.

He had no reason to worry about anything.

He had led her up here not long after she arrived in Radiant Garden again. She’d sent the letter containing her heart many years ago, but only now had he received it; and as soon as he did, as if she had sensed it, there she was…

Walking the street, looking for something. Much the same as she must have looked all those years ago, the Darkness and lack of heart stunting her growth; in her thirty years of life, she had only ‘aged’ twenty-three. But frankly, he didn’t care. The whole city he had built, it had been for her, and he wanted to show it to her in all of its splendor – he had rebuilt everything to be bigger and better. The streets were all clean and free of thieves; the Darkness repressed so that it may never return to power; and, most importantly, the places where they had grown up had been made completely wallflower-proof. He had paid particular attention to this last one.

He wanted to show her all of this. But she would have none of it – at least, not tonight. Tonight she had wanted nothing but to grab his hand and pull him, pull him all the way through the fields that she must not know the way through, and she had found this hill and she had sat him down on it and she demanded to look at the stars.

Both of them were lying down, though only she was asleep. Curled on her side, head resting on his chest, hands wrapped around him. There had been much crying and shouting when they saw one another, “When did you get so big?” being one of the highlights of the conversation. Now, however, her very long day had caught up with her, and she was sleeping next to him like he had been the surrogate parent this entire time.

He wrapped his brawny arms around her, too. There was much work to be done before the city could be complete, regardless of whether it was in his mind or not. But the work could wait. It had taken up all of his life for the past three years, the revolution of this city of his; one night was more than enough to ask for himself, and for her. Indeed, he was more than willing to become anything for her in that moment.

Including a pillow.

Wrote this as a small scene for a fic I hope to someday do, possibly, maybe, if I ever decide what to do with Wings and all my other plot bunnies. But in the meantime, have fun figuring out who it is!

(vpp da)
Old 11-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Ooh, lookie, an update! This was really cute...guessing maybe Squ--ah, Leon and Rinoa?

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Giratina Offline

5. ROT -- At the end of the day, they’re all left to rot.

Each one had carved their own path across the universe, helping and hindering many lives in their path. And yet – for once, the heroes didn’t win. The light was no longer successful, no matter how much they wanted to believe it was. Each one had a very simple equation (Light = good, Dark = evil) set in their mind, and when they were all pulled into the night, well… even if their situation wasn’t so bad, they certainly thought it was.

They weren’t captured by the forces of evil, blinded by lights. They were captured by their own unfortunately misled minds.

So here sits a boy, asleep on a throne. In the deepest basement of the deepest backwater castle, he has been left to rot, unseen by all but the castle itself.

And here sits a man, if he could be called it. One side of the soul watches heinous crimes from the background, another haunts graveyards like a rotting-armor ghost.

And here sits a woman, rotting on a beach. No light or Light has graced her visage in many years, and she’s become seriously doubtful that her little key will bring it back.

Bring them back, children. They need your help, all of your help, for if they had been able to save themselves, their minds would not have let them. Though their bodies have been discarded and abused, their souls still remain; docile and hopeless, but starving for the Light you emit. So march, children, march, and let the lost ones follow you… and whatever you do, never, ever leave them to rot.

(vpp da)
Old 11-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Giratina Offline

Hey everyone!

I don't have more one-shots at the moment, but recently I've been expanding into drawing for the theme challenges. Since you probably won't have seen them unless you're on dA, I'd like to present to everyone here numbers Eight, Forty-Four, Forty-Five, and Thirty-Five.

8. AWAY
35. WALK
44. TWO ROADS
45. TWO GUNS

(vpp da)
Old 11-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Winter Offline

First of all, Rot was amazing. Second of all, I lol'd at Walk, and yay for Neku in Traverse Town! 3D needs to hurry up and come out! Riku's arms in Two Roads look seriously sunburned, though.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Giratina Offline

Yeah, Two Roads got a supremely trippy filter put over it at the last minute. His coloring was perfectly normal up until that point, so I literally set the filter without knowing what would happen and freaked out. xD But I wound up keeping it like that.

(vpp da)
Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Winter Offline

Lol, weird computer programs...

Old 12-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Giratina Offline

27. FOREIGN — “A new world?”

Both men repeated the words of their Superior, one with considerable fascination and the other with his standard deadpan. The two shared glances briefly, and then returned their attention to the blue-haired man in front of them, who had just gotten on with his speech. “Yes, a new world,” Saïx continued. “It seems to be heavily forested, more like a jungle than anything else, and we have decided to christen this new land ‘Maya’. It seems to hold a considerable number of dangers, so we have decided to enlist the help of you two, frankly the best collectors of recon in the Organization, in order to discover more about it.”

Apparently encouraged by his words and compliments, the standard acceptance ritual was performed, and the taller of the two was given a number of papers for both of them to pore over before embarking on the mission to Maya. He shuffled through them for a few seconds, and then the two of them made for the door.

“Ah, one more thing,” Saïx noted.

They turned around.

“As I mentioned before, there are several more perils in this world than most others we have faced, judging from the initial discovery files courtesy of Xigbar. As such, we have enlisted the help of a guide who Xigbar befriended on the maiden voyage. He should be waiting for you when you arrive.” More glances were shared; this was unusual procedure, definitely, but they supposed that a guide wouldn’t be too much of a problem. So long as he kept out of the way and didn’t interrupt their work for the Organization, everything ought to be just fine.

“Do you hear something?” inquired Zexion.

“Faintly,” replied his blond cohort, Vexen. “It sounds rather like music.”

The two ex-scientists were trekking through jungle. As Saïx had promised, it was extremely dense, and there were several old sheets of rock strewn around the general area, most of them invaded by vines and creepy-crawlies from all walks of life. At the sound of a low tune, muffled and warped from going through the trees, they stopped to listen for a moment, before Vexen decided their next course of action.

“We go and investigate,” said Vexen.

Zexion nodded. “We do.”

When the dynamic duo had proceeded closer, they saw a clearing in the vines and leaves; through this clearing, they could see something that would haunt the nightmares of children for years to come. It was a giant stone head with oversized lips and an apparent Sacred Halo carved around its head.

“Fascinating,” muttered Vexen. “It seems we have stumbled across some kind of ancient ruin…” Upon saying this, he pulled out a notepad and began scribbling things down.

“Ah, Vexen,” said his comrade quietly.

“Silence, Zexion, I am trying to document our information!”

“…Vexen…”

“Zexion!”

“…er…”

“For the last time, boy, I am not—”

“LEGEEEEEEENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLEEEEEE,” the stone face said loudly. “WITH YOUR GUIDE—”

Vexen,” Zexion said urgently.

“—KIIIRK FOOOOGGGGGGGGGG!!”

The next thing Our Heroes were aware, there was a very odd piece of insignia embedded on their coats.

“What is that?” inquired Zexion intelligently, looking down at his standard-issue Black Cloak, now upgraded with a strange yellow sigil on it which bore an uncomfortable similarity to a certain type of monster with which both of them were quite aware. However, KIIIIIIR— excuse us, Kirk Fogg was speaking again, and the two agreed at once that listening would be a very good idea. They certainly didn’t know what in hell was going on here, so hopefully Kirk did.

Long story short… he, uh, didn’t.

He greeted the giant stone head as ‘Olmec’, and pointed to several of the trees, wishing them a good day too. By this point Zexion was rather concerned for their guide’s sanity (for, as Olmec had explained previously, he was evidently their guide), but he continued listening nonetheless, and when Kirk referenced the ruined temple standing behind them as the Hidden Temple, both Organization members followed his cue. Both of them noticed a head peeking out from behind one of the walls, eyes glowing yellow and wearing several ancient garments in once-bright colors. Its skin was pitch-black.

“Heartless,” the duo murmured at once.

“Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures hidden in his temple… which one are we going to hear about today?”

“The Legend of the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible!”

‘Mouthful,’ noted Zexion mentally, before realizing that wait a minute… he knew that one… The Cloaked Schemer was just pondering this when he and his cohort felt a firm push from behind. Naturally, they staggered forward, onto a distinctly marked area of the courtyard in front of the Hidden Temple.

“Alright, the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible! Now, one of these teams will be given the chance to retrieve the Discarded Seal! Will it be the Red Jaguars…” Vexen looked to his left, and was startled to find a pair of people dressed in red that he could have sworn weren’t there before. They had a similar symbol to his own on their shirts, except this one looked like some kind of wildcat — yes, that would be a jaguar. “…The Blue Barracudas…” Obviously, these two were dressed in blue, with several fish on their shirts in the same style. Barracudas, pronounced ‘barracuda’ and not ‘baccaruda’ or ‘babararacucudada’. This manner repeated for the rest of the sudden teams: the Green Monkeys, Orange Iguanas, Purple Parrots, and Silver Snakes. Finally…

“And now for an extra team joining us today… the Black Shadows!”

“This is not happening,” said Zexion, in the tone of a man who was attempting to contain his last shreds of sanity. “Please don’t let this be happening.”

For once, Vexen could not disagree.

The teams’ attention was directed towards the moat. Evidently, as Kirk interrupted to explain, they were expected to cross this moat to even get a chance at heading over to the temple, where they were supposed to do… something. Truth be told, neither of the ‘recon experts’ were following very well at all. Olmec took up the narrative again. “Before you are two islands, floating in the moat, and an ancient wooden plank.” Olmec then proceeded to deliver the second of many catch-phrases he had accumulated over the years: “When Kirk gives the signal…” …Zexion and Vexen would stare at the moat in horror, noting the odd things that looked vaguely like lilypads.

“Ah,” said Vexen quietly. “…these are supposed to be islands?”

“…Grab the plank, place it between the shore and the first island, then cross over. Then your partner will cross over behind you. If one of you falls, get out of the moat and start again. When both partners are on the first island, move the planks to the second island, and do it again!” Olmec sounded highly amused. “When both partners are over, run to the other side and hit the gong.” Kirk demonstrated by slamming his fist on a stone pedestal which was most definitely not a gong. “The first four teams to hit their gongs will move on to the next round!”

“Frankly,” murmured Zexion, “I would rather assist Marluxia in gardening.”

The Black Shadows, along with everyone else, were now sopping wet.

Everyone was sopping wet, but there was one key difference between the Black Shadows and a fair number of them: the Shadows were proceeding, and they were not. Along with the Silver Snakes, Purple Parrots, and Orange Iguanas, they were escorted over to a strange staircase with little red symbols imprinted on the ground. Interestingly, they looked like Olmec’s head. “As the quest continues,” trumpeted Kirk, running over behind the contestants, “it is now time to learn more about the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible! But pay attention, teams, as your knowledge of the legend could bring you one step closer to Olmec’s temple.”

Zexion shook his head. “Unnecessary,” he muttered.

This caught Vexen’s attention. “Are you saying you already know of this accursed seal or whatever it is?”

His shorter companion nodded, but at the same time, Olmec was winding up for another epic tale of Ivan the Terrible. “One of the most feared czars in ancient Russia was Ivan the Terrible. He was a gifted soldier and a powerful leader who built an empire out of a series of independent kingdoms. He built the famous Onion Domes of Saint Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow. But legend has it that he wasn’t always Ivan the Terrible. One day, he summoned his faithful advisor, Krankoff. ‘Krankoff, I don’t get enough respect around here.’ ‘What the heck you talking about, you nitwit?’ ‘I need a tougher title than Ivan the Kind. People are taking advantage of my kindness.’ ‘What kindness? So you gave me a kingdom in the mountains — I deserved it! I would have preferred a summer palace in Minsk!’ ‘Maybe something scary, like… Ivan the Horrible!’ ‘Yeech!’ ‘Ivan the Miserable!’ ‘Double-yeech! Ivan the Awful?’ ‘That’s terrible. …That’s it! Ivan the Terrible! Krankoff, you’re a genius! I shall have a new seal made immediately! …And you shall have the old one as a souvenir.’ ‘…Um… about that palace in Minsk…’ From that day forward, Ivan the Kind became Ivan the Terrible. But soon, he began to live up to his name. Krankoff was exiled, and the Royal Seal ended up in the Temple. You must find the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible and bring it back here.”

“About time,” Vexen noted under his breath.

“Very nice, Olmec. And where can this be found?” Kirk looked like he honestly cared. This was odd and mildly concerning.

“The Discarded Seal can be found in… the King’s Storeroom!”

“Go figure,” offered Zexion drily.

Kirk continued. ”Contestants, you are right now sanding on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, I want you to stomp down on that ancient marking in front of you. If you’re right, you’re gonna move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or you run out of time, I’m gonna give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams to make it to the bottom level…” Kirk took the incentive and went down to the bottom of the Steps of Knowledge. “…are one step closer to entering Olmec’s temple.”

Olmec took it up here. “Was Ivan the Terrible ruler of Italy, Germany, or Russia?”

DINGDINGDING.

Zexion had stomped on the Ancient Temple Marking in front of him. He made a point to get Olmec’s nose. “Russia.”

“That is correct.” Zexion and Vexen took a step down, looking quite pleased with themselves.

“Next question: are Russian rulers called dukes, czars, or kings?”

DINGDINGDING. “Czars.”

“That is correct.” Zexion watched with bemusement as the Silver Snakes descended as well. He could have sworn that he had broken Olmec’s face first.

“Did Ivan build his empire by conquering…”

Vexen made a point to smear the paint that made up Olmec’s left cheek. “He conquered individual kingdoms,” the scientist remarked.

There was a pause.

“…Individual kingdoms?” prompted Kirk.

“That… is correct.” And then: “In what city is Saint Basil’s Cath—”

DINGDINGDING. “Moscow.” Zexion had received no opposition for that one.

“That is correct.” The Black Shadows stepped down once again, wearing the sly smirk of men who don’t quite know what they’re supposed to be doing, but were clearly excelling at it. “Next question. Are the domes of Saint Basil’s Cathedral broccoli-shaped, on—”

DINGDINGDING. “They were shaped like onions.”

“That is correct.”

“Okay! We now have one team as a winner, and we need two teams for the Temple Games.” (One could practically hear the trainwreck in Zexion’s and Vexen’s heads.) “Next question, Olmec?”

“In the original legend, was Ivan initially named Ivan the—”

DINGDINGDING. “…Kind,” finished a Silver Snake considerately. Olmec confirmed it, and Kirk made some comment about how it would be really interesting if someone else caught up at this point. Both the Shadows and the Snakes mentally rolled their eyes. The duo of gray-clad contestants stepped down.

“Next question. When Ivan the Terrible changed his name, he also had to change his—”

DINGDINGDING.

Pause.

“…Attitude?” The Parrot who suggested this did not look like she knew what she was talking about. And just in case that wasn’t obvious already, Olmec’s great nightmarish mouth opened and he delivered a smiting.

“That was not one of the three options. The options were—”

DINGDINGDING. “Seal,” corrected one of the Snakes hastily. “He changed his seal.”

“…That is correct.”

And with that, the Black Shadows and Silver Snakes had brought a conclusion to the Steps of Knowledge, and the two teams quietly sized up one another while Kirk informed the others What They’ve Won. (What exactly one could win in the middle of a jungle was never made clear.)

So this one was sitting on my desktop for months, gathering dust, and I really don't think I'm going to finish it. So let's all presume that Vexen and Zexion decided they had seen Quite Enough of that world, run home, and implored Saïx to NEVER SEND ANYONE TO THAT WORLD EVER, EVER AGAIN.

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 12-21-2011 at 12:51 AM.