Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:22 AM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: {Kingdom Hearts} Fate of the Unknown

I just preordered it today. I wasn't sure if I was going to get it either, but then I came across the beauty of gift cards and... yeah. ^ ^

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 01-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

XD I didn't think of it like that, though it does sound like a refernce to Re: Coded... Speaking of which I'll probably get 'cause it's KH and I don't have it on my phone and I run through games like crazy.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Giratina Offline

11. MEMORY — She didn’t know it was wrong. She didn’t. At the beginning, it had been what her masters told her to do: change the memory, switch them, fiddle them however you like. Add yourself in. Cause bubble, bubble, toil and trouble wherever you went. Ransack it, they had said once.

What ugly words.

But she had kind of known what they meant, and she did just that — she bore a connection to Sora, a strange, strange connection, and that was how she was able to coax his mind in the wrong direction. That was all she was good for, playing with Sora, changing him and molding him into a form that the people in black deemed appropriate. All she knew, all she knew, was that it was okay. She could do that. She was told to do that, and what could she do otherwise? Reject it? Hardly. They had shown her what they could do, all of them, and they made it clear that she would share the fate of that poor little Assassin the red-headed man had brought up, just to be felled by his own master, and plenty of others besides.

Naminé didn’t want to end up that way, so she did what she was told.

Why had she done what she was told?

All alone in the moonlight—

Saïx couldn’t bring himself to look at it anymore.

The great heart-shaped moon hung over them all, taunting them, mocking them. ‘Ah, look at me,’ it said. ‘See me? Yes? Good! You can use me! But not yet, not yet… I want more. More. I can’t spare a few hearts, no I can’t, until I have more!’ The blue-haired man very nearly said this out loud, in a mocking tone of voice, before he felt the uncomfortable stretching of skin on his face that suggested maybe getting riled up wouldn’t be such a good idea. Still… he had followed the Superior’s orders, and he had selected the renegades and the pests. The Superior hadn’t questioned his decisions, except for with Vexen, and that was only for a little while — but Saïx had reminded him that they had other smart people in the Organization, and they could use his notes.

Xemnas didn’t seem to recall that the other smart members of the Organization were Zexion (now on death row) and Xemnas himself.

It was all for the good of the Organization, he told himself over and over again. The good of the Organization, the good of the Organization.

Right.

I can smile at the old days—

“Wait!”

The Riku Replica waited.

“Who cares if someone created you? You are you, and nobody else — you have your own heart inside you! Those memories are yours, and yours alone… they’re special!”

“Sora, you’re a good guy.” The Replica turned his head around, so that it was facing the side with one eye on his spike-haired companion. “I don’t have to be real to see how real your feelings are… and that’s good enough for me.” He started walking then, ignoring Sora’s pained yell of “Riku!” that echoed behind him. The Riku Replica didn’t have the heart to tell Sora otherwise — that he wasn’t Riku, that he was just a Replica, a copy, a fake made by some deranged blond man who had later paid dearly for all of his sins. (The Replica tended to consider himself as the top of the list.) He had tried to make this clear to the boy, but it just wouldn’t go through — he looked like Riku to Sora, and therefore, he had to be Riku.

The Riku Replica clung to his false memory.

He saw a truth within lies. Sora had always been that way, just a little too slow on the upswing. But he was also loyal, so loyal, and friendly as a human could be. This he saw from the depths of his mind. He knew it to be true, though… even if Naminé was the one he wanted to protect, he knew Sora now, and he thought he knew Sora then. They matched up. He was the same, he was Sora. Totally inherently Sora. He had acted so crudely to Sora based off of those memories, too, but he used them as basis for, well, everything. Underneath, he saw. He knew. Sora was friendly, to everyone, to everyone — and even though Sora thought he was someone else, or knew and refused to accept it, he was the Riku Replica’s friend too.

‘Riku’ grinned at that. All Sora saw was his back.

I was beautiful then.

The castle had a heartbeat.

It had a sentience, a life, a memory. It knew what it was, it knew what it had been, and it kind of knew what it would become. Many had walked its halls, some with good intents in mind, others not. It had watched the growth and creation of many, and it felt the things they felt. It just wanted people to be within it, to be using it — like any living thing, the castle was becoming deranged. People. Inhabitance. They could use it for whatever they wanted, it didn’t care, it just wanted people. And soon, soon, a new one came in. A little boy, so like the old, who carried a fantastical weapon and was followed by good friends. He was going up the castle, and he was growing, and the castle saw that and was proud. But the novelty began to wear down, and soon, it could hardly bring itself to watch the procession of deception. It was being misused… this had never happened under previous management. It saw the top dogs, and it saw how they acted. It saw what they did, the minds they fractured like nothing, up to and including that poor little girl.

Castle Oblivion didn’t like that. It didn’t like that one bit.

I remember—

Well, no, Sora didn’t remember. At least, he didn’t at first.

It was all coming back now. A girl, a girl he cared about. Friends with him and Riku. They were on Destiny Islands, just the three of them, having a good old time. This he knew — he knew her position, he knew what she was like. It seemed that the farther up he went, the farther into his lost memory he went. This castle… was it his memory, just by itself? No way, no way. That couldn’t be. Anyway. He wanted to know more about her, so he could know what she looked like, or even knew her name. It was like there was a block in his mind, waiting for him to go farther up the Castle, so he could bypass it by some magical virtue. He wouldn’t get past the block any other way, and this was a friend. Sora needed to know about his friends.

The Keyblade bearer continued.

The withered leaves collect at my feet.

She hadn’t done what she was told.

There was no one left around to tell her otherwise. Her friend had taken care of them. She had seen them wash up in front of her, their visages no longer threatening, but just weak, dead. Now, she knew, she could do what she wanted, and before anything else she needed to repay his kindness.

It looked like a giant flower, with Sora standing inside. Looking down at her, his face seemed expressionless, but she got a happy feeling from it — he was trying not to smile. He wanted this. He wanted his memories back, and she wanted to give them back. Because she had wronged him, and he was her friend.

Naminé shifted her weight and looked up.

Let the memory live again!

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 01-22-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:28 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Naminé story, yay~! :D I like how this story begins and ends with her, giving the story a good sense of completeness. And also it's neat how she seems to be redeemed in the end. We can really see that transformation she goes through in this, and it's very well done! :D (LoL, wish I could write like that ^^)

Wow, right at the beginning I was drawn in. Just the way you described her and her feelings was sweet (haha forgive my choice of words today, I'm a bit brain-dead xD) You've really captured the characters in this piece, and I especially like the part with Replica Riku--it's so sad... D:

I thought it very interesting to personify the Castle like that. I never really thought of it as a living thing like that, but the descriptions you used were fantastic! I really felt sorry for it as well, but delighted in the little hopes it had, like in the sentence, "He was going up the castle, and he was growing, and the castle saw that and was proud."

The part with Sora... was it before or after he meets Namine? :o I can't decide if he's talking about her or Kairi--though sometimes a little ambiguity like that is nice ^^ It creates a little mystery...*still hopes you'll explain, though xD*

So those sections in between each story--were they from a poem or song? Or did you write them? They were pretty neat! ^^

Old 01-23-2011, 04:49 AM
Winter Offline

That was a nice read--I love Namine, and it was cool to see her get her own place in a fic where you see more into her than what you see in the game. I love it when people do that. :) Not to mention CoM was one of my favorite games, so that kind of helped, though I have to go with Char on one thing--is Sora talking about Kairi or Namine in that one section? I'm thinking Namine, but clarification would be nice.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Giratina Offline

That bit was actually another reflection on the nature of CoM. Remember when Sora was scrambling up Kairi's memories with Naminé's? That was written specifically to be either one of them. It was kinda meant to symbolize (god I hate that word, but that's what it was) his unsureness on who exactly it was. The song was Memory, from the musical CATS - if you haven't seen it, you should. Or at least watch the movie version on YouTube. ...I'm also pleased that I did well with the characters, because I never really got past Captain Hook in CoM, eheheh. I know Naminé from a roleplay buddy, and of course the members of the Organization, but the Riku Replica was foggy. XD

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 01-23-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Giratina Offline

19. GRAY — The sky above didn’t look entirely promising, but that didn’t seem to stop the man and Chocobo trotting thoughtfully below it. All around the steed’s feet, blades of grass were whipping rather violently around, some of them even having detached themselves from the ground and were now gliding along like miniature tumbleweeds, leaving brown patches in their wake. And yes, looking up, the traveler saw the sky, clouded and overcast with some sort of unfortunate intent in mind for whoever so happened to be caught in the middle of its tirade. The sky could do whatever it wanted, the oddly-clothed man supposed, flicking a stray strand of brown hair out of his eyes.

Looking around, he took stock of the situation and where they were at, and reported to his birdlike steed. “Well, Boko,” the twenty-something said in tones that were more cheerful than anything else (though really not too far in any direction), “we should be at the city gates soon enough. We might get poured on, though, and this high altitude isn’t doing wonders either, huh?” He laughed and patted the Chocobo’s head affectionately; it was an indirect form of apology, unspoken because such things had been uttered many times before, and the Chocobo never seemed to mind. It really didn’t mind anymore, no. It would probably get rained on some time in near future, but after that they would be at the gates of the awe-inspiring city (the one which his master had told him about several times before, but never actually took him to see). Entering that bright place would be worth every raindrop that fell on its plumage, ever.

“Okay,” his rider said with a slight change in saddle position. “Let’s go. Time to say goodbye to these old plains for a while, huh?”

“Boh.” The sound was one of agreement on both counts — getting out of the Great Plains and getting into the sprawling utopia that laid somewhere within it. And without any further prompting, the Chocobo burst forward again, continuing across the plains. As the Chocobo rider had predicted, everything was slowly tilting upwards, until it became undeniable that the two were riding up a hill — a steep one, at that. Watching with steadfast eyes on the road ahead, the rider eventually made this remark: “Hold tight, Boko. We’re getting close. Let’s see if we can beat the storm.” As if in some form of deadly response, the sky rumbled quite pointedly down at them, and the wind picked up. Of course, here he no longer needed to worry about hair in his eyes; it was all being pressed quite close against his skull, and besides, he was getting colder. The area around was getting colder, too. The whole world was becoming numb in preparation… and above them, the sky stretched an ominous gray, with no breakage or indeed refuge. None at all.

“Well, we’ll be watching rain no matter what… but here’s to doing it in style!”

This quirky comment came out more like a battle cry, and when he braved movement against the wind to send a final flourish of his hand into the storm, Boko did the same. It stepped forward and opened its mouth, squawking, as if challenging the storm in the only way it could; by now, the wind had gotten so bad that the Chocobo couldn’t do much more than walk, and the rider would have been pushed back almost immediately, no matter how toned his muscles were. Up until this point, our white-clad friend had been more or less clinging to his partner’s back, using the strong bird as a buffer. But now he pulled himself up into a better position, and together, they stared down the demonic mass of gray.

Lightning flashed, sending some parts black and some parts white. Like a checkerboard — “Your move”.

The rider smiled. “Watch me”.

Boko and Bartz dashed towards Radiant Garden, raindrops the size of bullets flashing in their eyes.

Every time I read that prompt, I thought of a thunderstorm's sky... so here we are! Bartz the Wanderer, Kingdom Hearts edition. ^ ^

(vpp da)
Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Winter Offline

XD Bartz kind of annoyed me in Dissidia, but I have to say this made him a little more interesting... Keep posting stories!!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Giratina Offline

What are you talking about? Bartz was awesome in Dissidia! I was cracking up every time he opened his mouth.

(vpp da)
Old 02-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Winter Offline

Personally, I just didn't like him. Maybe it was because of his fighting style(took me FOREVER to beat his story mode the 1st time through) or maybe it was just him, but I didn't like Bartz. Didn't like Cecil, either, but everyone else was okay, minus a few annoyances.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Giratina Offline

Cecil was alright. Personality wise he was tolerable, but aside from the whole job-swap thing, not too interesting either way as far as battle stages went. Though for fighting, my personal favorites were Cloud and Firion (so many weapons~!).

(vpp da)
Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Winter Offline

XD My Cloud is probably the the most-loved/powerful character on my Dissidia next to Firion(loved him for his voice actor--Johnny Young Bosch is AMAZING) and Squall.

Cecil simply drove me crazy--his attacks had horrible aim, the job change thing was a pain, and he looked like a woman. Either he needs too be improved in Duodecim or Kain better make up for his lacks. Wasn't very fond of Onion Knight's short attack range and it was horrendously slow to build Bravery to make a killing blow with him, Cecil, too.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Giratina Offline

Regardless of our opinions on Cecil, you all like Lea and Isa, right? ...Right?

50 -- BREAKING THE RULES

[LEA] Isa asked me to write some poems today
they’re supposed to go along with his
I guess he was making a book or something—
he knows I suck at writing...

[ISA] I asked Lea to write some poems today.
I think a joint project could be fun.
I thought I knew just what he’d say.
but he took me up on this one...

[LEA] He said I could do it freeform
which meant I didn’t have to rhyme.
I’m still no good at writing, though,
but I guess he’s really trying...

[ISA] I haven’t seen any poems yet.
He’s been unusually tight-lipped.
Lea is really into this, I bet,
or something would have slipped...

[LEA] My god, these things are awful
I don’t even know what to say!
So instead of going on with this
I’ll show him something cooler

[ISA] Lea’s looking better as of late
and he had something to say
He’s now within his planning state
I think I’m his idea buffer today...

[LEA] I thought the plan was perfect.
I mean, really, what can go wrong?
(Well, alright, I guess there’s something
...but nobody cares about that!!)

[ISA] Break into Ansem’s castle.
The hair gel’s gone to his head
I mean, break into Ansem’s castle...
Yeah, if the guards don’t club us dead...

[LEA] Man, those guys are always sleeping
(And they can’t tell people from rocks)
Snaking by is the easiest thing in the world—
and he hasn’t got any assistants.

[ISA] You know he’s got other people at large
past the sentinels that work at the gate
Take, for example, that scientist and charge—
or the one who pointed a gun at our face!

[LEA] Come on, bro, you worry too much.
Haven’t I told you all that before?
It’s a really big castle with only five men.
No one is going to see us.

[ISA] But say we are noticed by someone.
What’re we going to say?
“Oh yes, sir, in the spirit of fun
we broke into your manor today”?

[LEA] I really don’t believe you, man.
I said we wouldn’t get caught!
I’ve laid out the plan and escape route
and took out every objection you brought!

[ISA] ‘Club over the head and run with a smoke bomb’
is not a good plan of escape.
Though I have to say, you’re catching on...
to the rhyming bit, at any rate...

[LEA] ...Huh?

[ISA] Right up there. You actually made a rhyme. I knew you had it in ya...

[LEA] Dude!

[LEA] I did!

[LEA] Awesome!

[LEA] Anyway, look, it’s like I said
We’ll get supplies right off the street.
Up to the castle, slip by the guards
and dodge all the people in white!

[ISA] ...You know, I don’t believe you either.
How does all that stupidity fit?
But you’d better be a regular MacGyver
How’d you talk me into this sh

[ISA] … … …

[LEA] Real smooth, pal.
[LEA] Real smooth.

[ISA] ...You shaddup...

[AXEL] So I told him, “C’mon, just one more stanza”
But he corrected me and said “verse”
Well, it must’ve taken, like, twenty years
but we’ve finally finished the poem!

[SAÏX] Hadn’t this been lost in the dust of time?
Where’d he find the entire report?
Well, wherever it came from, it serves to remind.
I guess we got into Ansem’s court...

Okay dudes.
I know that at least some of you are going to be a little uncomfortable that I'm writing Fate of the Unknown and not, say, Wings Have We, wherein the new chapter is several months overdue. Truth of the matter is, I'm going through a lot of crapola right now, and the only reason this is popping up is because it's for an English project due tomorrow. I've been omnommed by several new interests that have nothing to do with fanfiction (actually, they're roleplaying -- if you're an RPer in either Kingdom Hearts or Pokémon, shoot me a PM!), and I've hit a wall on Wings Have We as it is. Take it from me, kids: never start an arc designed solely to pay homage to a bunch of video games, Japanese novels, and old fanfiction. Ever.

(vpp da)
Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Whoa, a peom :O Hahahaha, Lea wrote a peom! xD HOW the heck did Isa convince him? xD This was really interesting to read :D and funny xDDDDD I found Lea's & Isa's friendship very interesting in BBS--they seemed like really close friends, but I have to wonder what happened to them later on. Isa seemed to get pretty obsessed with darkness (he does have yellow eyes), but I suppose that being transformed into a Nobody changed him some :/ Oh, but sorry ^^' I went off on a tangent there

(Hahaha, KH [and role-playing as well] has actually stolen my interest away from Pokemon too there, for a bit xD That's too bad about Wings Have We, though :o I hope you can get over your writer's block ^^)

Old 03-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Winter Offline

I laughed soooooooo hard at the end of Lea and Isa's part! That was really good, and quite the interesting read. :) I applaud you. At least you can finish a set of mini-fics, you and an RP inspired me to try a set of mini fics for a group of my KH chars, but I still haven't finished it... Nox is giving me writers block! Of course it had to be the Heartless I got stuck on...