Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator
Default Did you ever play Oregon Trail and think "Man, all this game needs is zombies?"

Then have I got the game for you!

Norris, sadly, died of cholera, but Optimus, Jackson, and Jigglypuff all survived to the end. Jackson even lived after three zombie bites. Total badass material right there.

If it pleases you, you can all hijack this thread and make it an Oregon Trail general thread, too. We all loved that game, dysentery-ridden though it was.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Re: Did you ever play Oregon Trail and think "Man, all this game needs is zombies?"

It's as addicting as I remember it, with zombies this time.

My party consisted of Sean, Sanji, Ash K, Gary Oak, and Bill. Ash wandered off, possibly to become a Pokemon master, and was never heard from again. Bill got the fever, turned zombie, bit Sanji, and then died. Sanji wandered off, at least he didn't infect anyone. And lastly, Gary turned and bit Sean(Me), and we ended up dying about 50 miles out of Dallas.

I'll let somebody else say it.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 12-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Did you ever play Oregon Trail and think "Man, all this game needs is zombies?"

Game seemed a bit too easy playing as the cop, so I think I'll give it another go as the lawyer and see how high of a score I can rack up.

Great rendition though, whoever made this was pretty clever.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Hoshika Offline

My run was pretty good, besides for the zombie bites and the Charizard that ran away and died in th beginning.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Fourthy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fourthy Send a message via MSN to Fourthy

This just proves that everything is better with Zombies.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:26 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

This game knew my characters from The Plight of Mercury all too well.

Father Othereo got sick first, Ko-gasu got bitten and became a zombie then ran away and died, then the father bit Volcanous and Sapphira got sick. Then Sapphira got better but died anyways, then the father bit Volcanous again so I had to kill him.

Mercury got the G-virus after being bit by Volcanous (his dad) so for a while he was a buff mutant zombie Typhlosion driving a station wagon... then without me even noticing his dad died! He lost his buff mutantness and died I don't even know where.

I think I made if halfway though. xDDDDDD

I had so much fun throughout this

=^^= Nya
Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Rinn Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rinn Send a message via MSN to Rinn

765 miles in, all my party are dead. 210 miles into the game, Ty and Jai both got bitten by a zombie, Ty was incapacitated due to a broken leg, Amy was incapacitated with a fever, Liv ran away, and eventually Jai bit Rinn and killed him.

Fun game, though.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Beat it on Hard (Miami Lawyer), final score of 6567. Everyone survived.

Just keep playing the scavenge minigame, stock up on food, trade it for everything else you need (especially cash so you can buy what you really do need), and make sure you keep a careful watch on health.

Let's see if anyone can beat me. :D

Good luck.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

I feel n00bish, but how the heck do you select an option?!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

My station wagon full of U.S. presidents has made it to St. Louis. Abe, Bill, and Dubya have all been bitten by zombies, but everything's been fine other than that. This game is surprisingly addicting.

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 12-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile_rocks View Post
I feel n00bish, but how the heck do you select an option?!
You type in the number and then hit enter, or, in some cases, type y/yes or n/no and hit enter, yo.

Also, protip for you guys: if you don't let a bitten member's health hit zero, they won't become a zombie. You have to constantly rest or use medkits on 'em, though, which is kind of a pain.

I'm going to try and play a lawyer and see if I can beat Neo.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Well, the top row of numbers and the num pad don't respond when I hit them. I'll try again.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:08 PM
NES2 Offline

It is Monday, 4AM. Recently Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Bowser all received word that due to the infection that Washington, DC was going to be nuked from orbit. Getting in Mario's Mushroom-mobile, the group began on a long a grueling journey to reach the west.

After following a pack of vultures to food, Mario decided to stop the car and search for supplies. Finding 10 ounces of food, he continued onward on the Organ Trail. By the end of Tuesday's trip to Pittsburgh, Luigi was sick with fever, Peach was bitten by a zombie, and the check engine light was on.

By Wensday 4AM, the group was ready to begin moving again. However, in order to get out of the city the group had to cross a ravenous horde of zombies. Hiring Koopa mercenaries to get across the river of undead, the group burst through at 8AM. Nobody was hurt.

By the end of the next leg of the trip Luigi was cured, but at the same time Toad got measles. Getting out of the car in the deep fog, Medikits were used to bring Toad and Luigi back to full health, and then the group continued onward to the mall. When they reached the mall, it was 12 PM.

To be continued...
Old 12-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Not actually sure what the Check Engine light going off means. I had that happen twice to me but it seemed like it didn't do anything.

And NES2, your post reminds me so much of this movie. XD