Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Team RP Details & Chat

TEAM RP: The Synth Crisis

As we’ve done before in the past, we’re hosting another Team RP for the holiday break. Following a Q&A setup, I’ll try to answer some of the most likely questions that would probably come up.

What exactly is “Team RP?”

Team RP is exactly just that, it’s a role play where role players are based on teams created in the Groups/Clubs Board. Each of these teams will have their own threads, with their own backgrounds, their own characteristics, their own goals, and so on. Once these teams are made, they are then used by putting these teams into an RP storyline. The unique element of it is that these teams will be injected into the RP’s storyline as factions.

Once the actual role play starts, team members then create characters for the RP. These characters are members of the team, and these team members will work together to accomplish the goals of both the RP and the team.

Is this kind of like the WAR?

A lot like it, but RP is the main and only focus here. If you don’t know what the WAR is, don’t worry about it, its not a big deal.

What would I need to do to participate?

Getting into the action is pretty easy. All you need to do is look at what teams are taking part in it, read each of them over, and see which one you like the most or feel like role playing for. Most of these teams will have a sign up form. All you need to do is fill that out, post it in the team’s thread, and chances are pretty good you’ll be taken in.

Once the actual role play starts, the character you make for the RP is a high-ranking member of that team in terms of the storyline setting. After you’ve signed up and have gotten accepted, stay active, and help your team members accomplish the goals of the team and the RP itself.

What if I want to make a team myself? Are there any special rules to follow?

Anyone can create a team, you don’t need to have any particular number of posts or have been on PE2K for some set amount of time. Its also okay if you don’t have role play experience, but chances are good PE2K vets and such that create teams will probably draw in more members. If you’re relatively new to PE2K, it might be a good idea to join a team instead.

If you want to make a team, all you need to do is follow these points:
  • The team must have defining traits and characteristics. In other words, describe what makes this team different from everything else out there. Is the team good or evil? How so? What Pokémon and/or Pokémon types best resemble the team? If this team was to be inserted into the Pokémon games, what would it be like? Try to answer these when you make your team’s description.
  • The team must have defining goals. What is your team out to accomplish? What are the motives of the team, and how are its members trying to fulfill these objectives? Answering these will help give your team more depth, and it will give members of the team a lot of ground on how to start once the RP begins.
  • The team should have some kind of theme. A generic “good guy” or “bad guy” team with goals like saving or dominating the world are still teams, but they’re very plain and not very interesting. Instead, think of a theme to go with your team that helps give it more color and depth. Think of symbols, colors, traits, attributes, and the like when you make your team.
  • The team should be presentable. In other words, making it look nice, readable, attractive, and making sure you’ve cleaned out all the spelling and grammar mistakes will make the team look much more credible and will definitely draw in more members. It will work even better if you find creative ways to intertwine your team’s theme with the way you present it.

Also, teams will need to provide a sign up form, as well as a list of members. Also, put “[Team RP]” in the thread’s title, so potential members know your team is taking part.

If I make a team, how many members will I need to acquire before the team can take part in the Team RP?

Even if the team only consists of just you, that’s okay, just as long as the team meets all of the requirements. If your team has been accepted, it will automatically be assumed that your team still has a significant presence and many NPC followers within the RP itself.

Could I revive an old, inactive team of mine for this?

Definitely. However, you will have to make sure the team thread is prepared, and you will have to clear out your member list. With that, all of the team’s members will need to sign up again. And as with new teams, put “[Team RP]” in the title.

What is the storyline of the Team RP?

The actual RP is called “The Synth Crisis.” More will be revealed on this later when the actual RP goes live, but here’s a short summary. Note that this is still subject to change depending on the team situation.

In the beginning, a new, endlessly renewable energy resource was invented, called Synth. As it so happens, Synth replaced many other energy sources, and soon enough, the entire world relied on its energy. However, catastrophe broke out and several of the Synth power plants experienced a meltdown, flooding cities with Synth gas that would instantly kill humans. However, surprisingly, Pokémon were totally unaffected by it. Regardless, a state of emergency was called, and because Synth power plants couldn’t be shut down, people immediately took refuge underground, living in what were called “Subway Cities,” overpopulated tunnels, chambers, and vaults that are typically very squalid in condition.

The only solution for humans to permanently return to the surface without the risk of dying from the Synth gas was to literally undergo an extensive amount of genetic manipulation. To survive, these humans had their DNA spliced with those from Pokémon, resulting in Hybrids (humans combined with one Pokémon) and Chimeras (humans combined with two or three Pokémon). As more Synth power plants experienced meltdown, it became increasingly convincing for people to sacrifice their humanity to become more like Pokémon to survive the gas. However, there were still plenty of humans that absolutely refused to do it. Regardless, the Hybrids and Chimeras returned to the surface to hopefully establish society again, resulting in the rise of several new factions.

The tensions arose when precious natural resources were discovered in Unova. The humans of the Underworld deeply resented it when only Hybrids and Chimeras had access to these resources, living in wealth and prosperity when they were forced to live in overcrowded, filthy dwelling spaces that never saw sunlight.

What time period does the RP take place in?
Slightly in the future. There’s no space warfare, but advanced technology and weaponry will be possible. A lot of it can also be developed during the RP as well.

How are the teams involved?
Teams are the new factions, trying to pick up society again after the disaster. However, it is clear that there will definitely be disagreement as to how that society should operate. The opportunity to change the rules and laws of society, induce new democracy, republics, dictatorships, monarchs, or even complete anarchy is now open. It’s up to you and your team to decide what should be the way of the future. At the same time, teams are out to accomplish their own objectives

Can a cure be made for the Synth gas?
Yes it can, but research and development toward it would be necessary. For the time being, however, humans can return to the surface world by using gas masks and other breathing filtration devices. Its also possible to devise ways to remove the Synth gas as well, but again, research and technological construction would be necessary.

Are you going to allow project lists this time?
Yes, in fact I will, since giving these kinds of RPs a “real time strategy” feel probably work best. You can make up to three projects at once, more will be explained on this in the RP thread itself.

As for other questions regarding the RP itself, wait until the RP actually gets put up. Most of your questions will probably be answered with that.

When will this all start?

The RP will officially be opened on December 19th, and the RP itself will start on December 21st. Again, these dates may change based on the situation, but this is typically what we’re aiming for.

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 12-18-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Upcoming Team RP Notice

The RP Sign Up thread is now up and running.

So get to it!

Old 12-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen
Default Re: Team RP Details & Chat

I would just like to lay a claim on the Johto Region for The Cullen before anyone else gets grabby hands at our usual region x3
Old 12-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
I would just like to lay a claim on the Johto Region for The Cullen before anyone else gets grabby hands at our usual region x3
You wouldn't mind a small outpost in Dark Cave for the Haloclyst would ya? *stares with cute anime eyes*

Also, Haloclyst has a main base in the Hoenn Desert, and another main base in Cerulean Cave. If Shen allows, one in Dark Cave too.

There is a lesser outpost in Orre, and various other unimportant places that are off the beaten path...

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 12-19-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:53 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I don't think we would mind as long as it's not actually secret or you're not against Cullen, but you realize that the teams you are against would most likely take out your outposts in their regions as soon as you're found out? Not having a central region to retreat to would also be a problem.

Just saying.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:37 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
I don't think we would mind as long as it's not actually secret or you're not against Cullen, but you realize that the teams you are against would most likely take out your outposts in their regions as soon as you're found out? Not having a central region to retreat to would also be a problem.

Just saying.
Don't worry, I've thought of that ahead. There is one primal locale that's the master hut. I've talked with Shen too, theres a plan going on.