Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Individual RP: Stinky

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

I grabbed my Poke Balls and gadgets, shoving them into various pockets and recesses over my uniform. I was kinda nervous - the Trainer I was taking through today was rumoured to be famous or something - I usually managed to screw up in front of important people.

As I rummaged around in my desk, taking everything that I might possibly need, I felt a black aura pass through the room. I looked up instinctively, and saw Ivy stalk through the office area. She was scowling, and managed to make each footstep sound like a hammerfall of doom. I was careful to avoid eye contact as she passed the reception desk and exited the building. The door closed behind her with a crash. The couple of Trainers that were sitting there looked uncomfortable, but soon went to playing with their PokeNavs or reading pamphlets.

What the hell was that? I wondered, shooting looks around the room. I was just about to shake my head and forget about it when Buzz slinked into the room. He was sticking to the walls and staying low, like he was hiding from something. He made his way over to me, but I pretended to not notice him.

"Pssst, is Ivy in here?" he hissed to me when he had reached my cubicle.

"Nah, she's gone outside," I replied, my voice low. "What did you do this time?"

Buzz returned a grin. "Check out the noticeboard when you get a chance," he replied before sneaking off.

As I watched him leave, Dual appeared in a flash of blue light. The Gallade looked slightly worried - I rarely saw him like that. The last time was when he was about to fight off a Kyogre and a Kingdra at the same time.

<I ran across Ivy outside. She wasn't too happy, asked me if I knew anything about a letter on the noticeboard,> he said through our mind link. <Do you know what she's pissed off about?>

No, but I have a feeling I know where we can find out, I replied.

Dual struggled to keep the emotions out of his face, but I could tell he was curious. I grabbed the last few pieces of technology and decided to pass by the noticeboard on the way out. I quickly noticed a new piece of paper - it couldn't have been up there more than an hour or so. I scanned the first few lines, and my jaw dropped. I pulled out my PDA and scanned it to a PDF file, to read later. I already couldn't wait.

<Come on, we're going to be late as it is,> Dual said and he grasped my shoulder. I felt a jump inside my stomach and the world turned into a blue swirl as we teleported to the Botanical Gardens. Knowing my luck, the Trainer was already there and waiting.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Bob Miller
Area Effects: 15 Encounters Remaining
Pokemon Encountered: N/A
Pokemon Captured: N/A
CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 100% (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Jolly Genderless Bronzong 100% (TM Trick Room; TM Charge Beam; TM Flash Cannon; TM HP Fighting ; TM Stealth Rock ; TM Protect ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Earthquake ; TM Explosion ; TM Calm Mind ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Dream Eater ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Rest ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Light Screen ; TM Reflect ; TM Rock Tomb ; TM Psych Up ; TM Psychic ; TM Rock Polish ; TM Substitute ; TM Solarbeam ; TM Return ; TM Double Team ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Skill Swap ; TM Swagger ; HM FlasH ; EM Trick ; EM Zen Headbutt ; EM Iron Head <Levitate Ability>)

Jolly Male Yanmega 100% (TM Roost ; TM HP Ice ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Substitute ; TM Giga Drain ; TM Psychic ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Attract ; TM Dream Eater ; TM Defog ; TM Flash; EM Whirlwind ; EM Reversal <Speed Boost Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x10
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default Re: Individual RP: Stinky

I looked at my watch anxiously- about an hour had passed since the Ranger's Office had teleported me to the Botanic Gardens, and they had said that my Ranger was going to be joining me within half an hour. Why they sent me there without a ranger I wasn't sure, but I wasn't planning on romping around in the area by myself. Luckily, no Pokemon had come to visit em without the protection of my ranger- yet. Well, whatever. My ranger wouldn't leave me out here, all by myself... right?

With a sigh, I took my backpack off of my shoulders, and sat it down on the clipped grass in front of me. It looked like this was the only part of the Botanic Gardens where the grass was kept at a reasonable length- everywhere else, the grass looked to be about knee-high, if not taller. I unzipped my backpack, and pulled out a radio, about the size of a cat. "Now how do I work this thing...?" I muttered to myself. I took out a CD, about the size of a regular CD, with "FERROSEED" written in black sharpie on the front side. I scanned the radio for any button that would open it up. Upon finding it, I popped in the CD, and waited for the radio to give me some sort of recognition that it could read the CD.

It did nothing. Disgruntled, I hit it lightly with my fist, wondering if it would do anything. Nothing happened with the radio, but I heard a loud pop behind me. Startled, I dropped the radio on the ground and quickly turned around, fearing that it was some wild Pokemon coming to eat me. I was relieved to see that it was my ranger, who had just seen me drop my radio. "Hi! Uh, I was trying to get my Pokeplayer to work, and I already put the Ferroseed Voice Disk in, but it's not doing anything, and yeah..." I said quickly, the words flying out of my mouth. I could feel my cheeks turning red from embarrassment. My ranger was about a yard away, and he just looked at me. "Oh, I'm Bob by the way, nice to meet you," I muttered, awkwardly holding out my hand for him to shake.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

The blue swirling that encased my vision began to fade as we reached our destination. The world untwisted and the knot in my stomach loosened as my feet landed on hard ground. As I wobbled a little bit - no one in the world was completely unaffected by teleportation - I heard a thud behind me. I turned to look and I saw my Trainer standing there, looking embarrassed, with a big machine of some sort at his feet.

"Hi! Uh, I was trying to get my Pokeplayer to work, and I already put the Ferroseed Voice Disk in, but it's not doing anything, and yeah..." he said, speaking quite fast. "Oh, I'm Bob by the way, nice to meet you." He held out his hand for me to shake.

I stepped forward and grasped it warmly, giving it a firm shake. Either the rumours about this guy were false, or he didn't cloak himself in authority like most famous Park visitors did. Either way, it was a pleasant surprise.

"Hey, my name is James and this is Dual," I replied, gesturing to the Gallade standing behind me. "Need some help getting your thing working?"

I stooped down to pick up the machine, and I realised it was one of the old-fashioned Pokeplayers, the ones that looked like small stereo systems as opposed to compact circular walkmans. This guy must have been in the Park a loooooong time ago. Fortunately, I knew of the old systems, and I was pretty sure I knew what was wrong.

"In these old models, the tray retraction system often jams," I said to Bob, picking the Pokeplayer up. I turned it onto its side and sure enough, the tray holding the disc was just sticking out. I gingerly poked at the small piece of plastic that was impeding the movement of the tray, and it slipped back into position, taking a bit of my finger with it. I quickly handed the large radio-like device to Bob, and stuck my finger in my mouth.

"And that's why they were retired," I said ruefully. "Anyway, ready to head out? Where do you want to go, like the actual gardens, or the glasshouses, or picnic area, or somewhere else? Don't forget to actually press play on the device if you want to start it working."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 15 Encounters Remaining
Pokemon Encountered: N/A
CC since last Encounter: 1977

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 100% (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Jolly Genderless Bronzong 100% (TM Trick Room; TM Charge Beam; TM Flash Cannon; TM HP Fighting ; TM Stealth Rock ; TM Protect ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Earthquake ; TM Explosion ; TM Calm Mind ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Dream Eater ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Rest ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Light Screen ; TM Reflect ; TM Rock Tomb ; TM Psych Up ; TM Psychic ; TM Rock Polish ; TM Substitute ; TM Solarbeam ; TM Return ; TM Double Team ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Skill Swap ; TM Swagger ; HM FlasH ; EM Trick ; EM Zen Headbutt ; EM Iron Head <Levitate Ability>)

Jolly Male Yanmega 100% (TM Roost ; TM HP Ice ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Substitute ; TM Giga Drain ; TM Psychic ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Attract ; TM Dream Eater ; TM Defog ; TM Flash; EM Whirlwind ; EM Reversal <Speed Boost Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x10
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

My ranger didn't seem to be fazed by my awkward moment; he just stepped forward and grasped my hand firmly, and gave it a good, hearty shake. He seemed to be surprised about something, but I couldn't tell what it was. "Hey, my name is James and this is Dual," he said, shooting a quick glance backward at the Gallade behind him. It was very majestic- its long white arms gleamed in the sun, ready to protect us from any harm. Any anxiety that I had had about being unsafe here was immediately at rest- I felt confident that we would be quite safe. "Need some help getting your thing working?" he asked. I opened my mouth to say something, but by the time I did, he had already picked up the machine.

"In these old models, the tray retraction system often jams," he said, turning the radio over. I saw something sticking out, which he pushed in, and the radio was fixed! It looked like he had cut himself on it, but he didn't seem too worried. "And that's why they were retired," he sad sadly. "Anyway, ready to head out? Where do you want to go, like the actual gardens, or the glasshouses, or picnic area, or somewhere else? Don't forget to actually press play on the device if you want to start it working." he inquired. Looking behind him, I could see that his Gallade was definitely ready to get going.

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, ready to get going. "Which area to go to..." I pondered quietly. The glasshouses sounded interesting, as did the picnic area. But the actual gardens- there would be plenty of places there for a Ferroseed to hide, or so I figured. "Let's go to the gardens, I suppose," I told him. I pushed the play button on the radio, and it began to emit a screeching sound- to me it didn't really mean anything, but then again, I'm not a Pokemon. "Let's get on our way then!" I said, waiting for him to lead the way.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:31 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC:

[Park Lords] 10:46 am
chainreactionrpg rolled 1 100-sided die: 5

ChainReaction01 10:46 am
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
THATS F**KING HILARIOUS

~~~~~

"Yeah, let's go the gardens, I suppose," Bob said. He pressed the play button on the Pokewalker, and a horrible screeching sound started emitting from the box. It was like the screech of a nail scraping along a roof shed. My earpieces picked up the sound and automatically screened it out - thank God for that, Pokeplayer noises got really irritating after a while.

We walked along a cobblestone path, passing by the greenhouses and noticing how the height of the grass slowly began to rise. I didn't know exactly which garden Bob wanted to go to, but he seemed happy for me to lead. I decided to take him to the forest section, where finely pruned trees reached for the sky and many rare Pokemon could be found.

The path split into a crossroads and we turned left, passing through a wrought iron fence into the tree grove. I looked around, keeping an eye out for anything wrong. There had been poachers in this area recently, and we were on relatively high alert. I was just about to inform Bob of this fact when something crashed down in front of us, hitting the path and sending stone fragments flying in all directions.

The object looked like a large silver egg, about thigh-high, with spiky green protrusions dotted around the shell. Thin black bands wrapped around the egg and small flecks could be seen on its skin. It turned around and I saw two eyes begin to open. It didn't look too happy with us.

"Well, it seems like your Voice Disk has come through for you," I remarked, "here's the Ferroseed you came here for."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 14 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED]
Pokemon Encountered: ??? Ferroseed(?)
CC since last Encounter: 4010

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x10
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

OOC: :D

IC: My ranger strode forward confidently, his Gallade trailing behind him obediently. I followed the two, and they took me onto a cobblestone walkway. This was nice- as we continued down the path, I could see that the grass was gradually getting longer and longer. We soon came to a point where the path split into two- the left lead into a forest, and the right lead to a field much like the one we were in right now. Fortunately, my ranger took me into the forest. As he led me along, I gaped in awe at the gorgeous forest we were approaching. The neatly trimmed trees were enormous, like they had been growing there since the beginning of time. They were a very vivid green- and their luscious branches were sure to hide many rare Pokemon.

We passed through an iron gate into the forest, and suddenly, the sun which had been beating down upon me for the past hour was snuffed out, and we were immersed in the shadows of the gigantic trees. Almost in contrast to this intense beauty, something came crashing down from the trees, like a bomb dropped from an airplane. It was silver and egg-shaped, but it certainly wasn't egg-sized, and it definitely didn't have the innocence of an egg. It was about two feet tall, and jutting out of its shell were sharp green thorns. Small black bands circled its body at even intervals. "Well, it seems like your Voice Disk has come through for you," my ranger told me, "here's the Ferroseed you came here for."

I grinned. "Awesome!" I exclaimed, setting down the Pokeplayer on the ground. I reached into my backpack, and pulled out a Pokeball with a small white circle on the top- my Togekiss was inside. "Togekiss, come on out!" I cried. Upon pressing the center button, a flash of white light illuminated the forest, and a large white dove was released. She was fairly large, about the size of a small child. Her body was egg shaped, and speckled with occasional blue and red flecks. Long, feathery wings flowed from her sides. She beat her wings gently to keep her aloft as she surveyed the area. "Togekiss, use Thunder Wave to paralyze that Ferrothorn!" I ordered. Togekiss nodded in acknowledgment, then turned towards the spiky egg. Around her wingtips I could see electricity beginning to spark up, like sparks flying from a frayed wire. She shuddered, and the electricity jolted from her body, and shot forward towards the Ferrothorn.

I looked at the Pokeplayer on the ground, and pushed the STOP button gently with my foot. Now that we had found a Ferrothorn, there wouldn't be much use for the radio until the battle was over.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Ferroseed gender?

~~~~~

"Awesome!" he exclaimed. "Togekiss, come on out!"

Bob pulled a Poke Ball out of his backpack and pressed the button in the middle. A white flash blotted out my vision temporarily - when it returned I saw a large white dove-like Pokemon circling around Bob's head. Her powerful wings sent waves of air blasting towards the ground, blowing away small stones and blades of grass. I could see Dual's muscles tense involuntarily - as a Fighting-typed Pokemon, he was naturally uncomfortable around Flying types.

"Togekiss, use Thunder Wave to paralyze that Ferrothorn!" Bob called.

Togekiss was slightly confused for a second. After all, there was no Ferrothorn here, only a Ferroseed. However, she quickly decided that it had only been a slip of the tongue from her Trainer. Small electric sparks gathered at her wing-tips, and they began traveling towards her torso, completely covering her wings. With a powerful flap, the blue electricity detached and flew towards the Ferroseed. The wave struck the Thorn Seed Pokemon, wrapping around it and sinking through its iron armour.

The Ferroseed shuddered as the electricity passed through its body, but it took this chance to retaliate. The silver parts of its armour began shining bright, and a silver missile suddenly launched towards Togekiss. Instead of striking her, however, it exploded right in front of her, blinding and forcing her to land on the ground while her eyesight recovered.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? ??? Ferroseed: 100%, PRZ (used Mirror Shot)

Gentle Female Togekiss: 91%, ACC-1 (used Thunder Wave)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 14 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE]
CC since last Encounter: 6585 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 91% <Out of Ball, in battle> (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x10
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 03-10-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

OOC: Whoops. And Female please

IC: As the attack neared the Ferroseed, Togekiss turned around and gave me a quizzical look. I didn't understand why she was confused- had I said something wrong? Then it struck me- I had said Ferrothorn instead of Ferroseed. Whoops. I turned my attention back to the Ferroseed to see the electricity striking it. Ferroseed trembled a little bit as the electricity sunk in through the rings in its armor, paralyzing it, but it wasn't too worried by the attack. Its body began to glow, like burning magnesium (OOC: okay I've been studying too much chemistry). The light shot out of its body and moved in front of it, first in the form of a ball of light, then solidifying as it approached Togekiss into a small silver missile. The attack was surprisingly swift- Togekiss had no time to react as the missile rapidly zoomed closer to her face. About a foot in front of her face, the missile suddenly exploded! I could see Togekiss's face was lit up by the attack, and she fell to the ground, surprised by the attack. She recovered soon enough, and after flapping her wings a few times, was back up in the air. I could see on her face that she was squinting a little bit- this wasn't good.

"Alright, Togekiss, don't let that get you down. Use Aura Sphere!" I ordered. Although her accuracy had been dropped, Aura Sphere was incredibly accurate- and since Ferroseed was paralyzed, its movement would be impaired, so it wouldn't be able to dodge much. Togekiss acknowledged my order, and began to flap her wings more quickly than she was before. The flapping of her wings caused dirt to fly up all around her, and it scattered the few leaves that hadn't been blown away when I had sent her out. In front of her body, a blue sphere was beginning to form. It started out small, about the size of a baseball, but it quickly grew in size to be about the size of a basketball. It had a reassuring glow about it- I felt like I could just stare into it for hours. Togekiss didn't let the attack linger in front of her for long. She did a little back flip in the air, leaving the ball hanging in midair, and on her way out of the loop, she gave one powerful flap of her wings, sending the Aura Sphere rocketing towards the shiny egg.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:41 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: You're a bit pro. Never was any good at Chemistry >_>

~~~~~

"Alright, Togekiss, don't let that get you down. Use Aura Sphere!" Bob called.

Togekiss replied with a soft call, and launched herself back into the air. Her wings were flapping faster now, so fast that she was able to hover in midair. The amount of leaves and rocks that were blasting away from her reminded me of the downdraft of a helicopter.

Small blue lines of energy began wrapping around each other in from of her, creating a sphere. The lines continued to bend around the sphere, making it larger, until it was about the size of my pack. With a more forceful shout and a quick backflip, Togekiss launched the Aura Sphere towards the Ferroseed. It moved quickly, and blasted into the Thorn Seed Pokemon. It rocked backwards a little bit, but stayed where it was.

I frowned. An attack of that magnitude should have knocked it backwards, and yet it had stayed put. I was confused until I noticed that some of the green protrusions had lengthened and stuck into the ground. The Ferroseed had Ingrained itself to the forest floor.

Just when I was about to informed Bob of this, some of the topmost spikes began glowing white, and they launched towards Togekiss. As soon as they had left contact with the main body of the Ferroseed, some new spikes extended, like they'd been ready to shoot out at a second warning. Togekiss would have to do something fast to avoid being hit by this attack.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

??? ??? Ferroseed: 65%, PRZ, INGRAIN (used Ingrain, using Leech Seed)

Gentle Female Togekiss: 91%, ACC-1 (used Aura Sphere)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

CC since last Encounter: 8802 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 91% <Out of Ball, in battle> (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x10
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

The Aura Sphere slammed into Ferroseed, but Ferroseed was barely moved by the attack- it merely wobbled a little bit, then returned to its resting position. I was very confused- why hadn't Ferroseed moved? An attack of that magnitude should have moved it quite a bit, but there Ferroseed was, looking smugly at us. What had it done? I looked at Togekiss, who seemed just as muddled as I was. I glanced back at Ferroseed, and very faintly, I could see that its bottom spikes were stuck in the ground. Somehow, it had implanted itself in the ground! It was probably using Ingrain, but I wasn't certain.

But Ferroseed wasn't done yet- The spikes around the crown of its head shot out of its head, and began moving themselves towards Togekiss. The green spikes gained a white glow as they gained speed, and although I wasn't sure what this attack was, I knew that Togekiss should avoid it somehow. I thought quickly- Ferroseed was Steel and Grass type, so its spikes would be weak to fire. "Togekiss! Use a weak Flamethrower to burn up those spikes, and then keep it going to hit Ferroseed!" I blurted out, hoping that she would be able to move quickly enough. Togekiss acknowledged my orders, and she took a quick huff of air, then began to exhale flames. From where I was standing, I could feel a little bit of heat coming from the vivid orange flames that were spewing from her mouth. "Remember- keep it weak! We want to keep it alive!" I added, hoping to stress that I wanted the Ferroseed to not faint. As Togekiss moved forward, the flames shooting from her mouth, the thorns zoomed closer to her- and I hoped that my plan would work.

A thought sprung to my mind- Ferroseed would be close to capture after the Flamethrower hit it. I turned away from the battle for a second in order to dig around in my backpack. "Togekiss," I yelled while turned around, fishing around in my backpack. "Once you've hit Ferroseed, move out of the way!" My hand quickly found what I was looking for, and I pulled it out- a plain Park Ball. I turned forward, throwing the ball straight at Ferroseed as I threw. Assuming I had timed it correctly, the ball would hit Ferroseed just as Togekiss flew past it with her Flamethrower.

OOC: Woohoo, hopefully that's not order overload for Togekiss...
Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: I hope you're kidding. Weak flamethrower followed by capture attempt is nowhere near overloading. I've seen people use four moves in one post and get away with it.

~~~~~

"Togekiss! Use a weak Flamethrower to burn up those spikes, and then keep it going to hit Ferroseed!" Bob called. As Togekiss took a deep breath, he added, "Remember- keep it weak! We want to keep it alive!"

Togekiss nodded, its cheeks balled up. It then spat a thin stream of fire towards the incoming projectiles. The white seeds were caught by the flames and burnt to a crisp, but Togekiss wasn't done yet. She kept the stream of fire going, and the writhing orange flames crashed into the Ferroseed, pushing it backwards. The vines that were lodged firmly in the ground tensed up, then finally snapped and the round-shaped Pokemon fell onto its side.

Bob yelled for Togekiss to get out of the way, and he threw a Park Ball at the injured Ferroseed. It was absorbed into the ball in a flash of red light. The sphere jiggled for a few seconds and then came to rest quietly on the slightly singed ground.

"Congratulations, you just caught a Ferroseed," I said to Bob as I walked over and picked the ball up.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(f)
Pokemon Captured: Bold Ferroseed(F)

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 91% <Out of Ball> (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

OOC: Oh okay. I'll keep that in mind! ;)

IC: The fire quickly consumed the missiles that flew at Togekiss, but she just kept speeding towards Ferroseed. The flames crawled all over Ferroseed, and I could see that its roots retracted quickly into its body. Ferroseed immediately fell over- it was low on health. And right on time, the red and white Park Ball opened up, and consumed Ferroseed with a flash of red light. It hit the ground with a soft thud, and wriggled around on the forest floor, before finally clicking to signify Ferroseed's capture.

"Congratulations, you just caught a Ferroseed," my ranger said, picking up the ball from the ground. I grinned.

"Thanks!" I exclaimed. "Togekiss, you did a great job," I said to Togekiss, softly stroking her wing. She smiled in appreciation, more than happy to help me. "Alright, next order of business... Finding a Durant!" I said, reaching into my backpack once again. After fishing around for a few seconds, I found what I was looking for- a CD labeled with DURANT. I pulled it out, and picked up the PokePlayer from where it rested on the ground. This time, I was determined to be able to use the radio without making a complete fool of myself. I pressed the open button, popped out the Ferroseed disc, and replaced it with the Durant disc. I pressed the Play button, and something that sounded like a high-pitched screeching emitted from the radio. I gave my ranger a half-smile. Hopefully we would have the luck that we had had with Ferroseed, and we wouldn't have to listen to this horrible noise for long. "Shall we keep moving then?" I asked.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:30 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Togekiss, you did a great job," Bob said to his Togekiss, rubbing her wing. She cooed and preened, happy that she had been able to help her Trainer. Bob then turned to his Pokeplayer and muttered to himself, "Alright, next order of business... Finding a Durant!"

He ejected the Ferroseed disk and pulled out another one - probably a Durant disk considering the context of his muttering. I was right - as soon as he pressed the play button a horrible screeching sound began echoing amongst the trees. Again, my earpieces recognised the repetitive sound and blocked it out. I smiled when I had thought the price they had cost were a ripoff - they were totally worth the two thousand dollars.

Bob offered me an apologetic smile, probably not knowing that the sounds didn't bother me at all. "Shall we keep moving then?" he asked me.

"Sounds like a good idea," I said, but before we could move on I heard some rustling and saw some leaves on some low-lying shrubbery shake a bit. Before I could even get Bob's attention, a Zigzagoon emerged from the bushes. It looked curiously at us - it was probably a bit confused as to how a Durant could be calling and yet one wasn't here.

"I don't suppose you want to try capturing this Zigzagoon?" I asked Bob.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE], Durant Voice Disk[ONE USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(F), ??? Zigzagoon(?)
CC since last Encounter: 1561

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 91% (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

"Sounds like a good idea," my Ranger said. As if to mock my words, from the bushes in front of us a small brown and white raccoon rushed out and gave us a quizzical look. "I don't suppose you want to try capturing this Zigzagoon?" my ranger inquired. I looked at the cute little raccoon, who peered right back at me.

"Nah, let's leave him be. He's too cute to disturb," I replied.

OOC: short post is short
Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Nah, let's leave him be. He's too cute to disturb," Bob said.

I nodded - it was an adorable little critter. I pulled out a small piece of PokeSnack and threw it to the Zigzagoon - it barked its thanks before picking the treat up and retreating back through the bushes, keen to eat while no one was watching it.

I smiled, and we continued on through the forest section of the Gardens. This section wasn't actually that big - perhaps a kilometre square. I knew that we'd soon emerge on the other side - hopefully we'd stumble across something cool first, though.

As it turned out, we would. I almost missed it. Dozing under a large leaf on the ground was one of the stranger Pokemon, a collection of pink egg-like objects known as Exeggcute. Some people said that each egg had its own mind and they stayed together for convenience like Magneton, and some said that there was a kind of connected psychic overmind. I didn't know what the correct answer was, but it wasn't my job to find out.

"There's an Exeggcute just over there." I pointed it out to Bob. "Want to try and catch it?"

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE], Durant Voice Disk[TWO USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(F), ??? Zigzagoon(?); ??? Exeggcute(?)

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 91% (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS