Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:02 AM
tranland Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default [SU] Shadow of the Dunsparce

Welcome aboard.

Don’t look up. It’s like... looking makes it come. Like it knows it’s expected. Just don’t look up – you don’t need to. You’ll know if it’s there. Everything goes dark. Pirates, thieves, gypsies, nomads, whatever they call themselves, the people on that ship, they’ll come down and take your pokemon. They’re worse than Team Rocket – hell, they probably own Team Rocket by now. By the time you see the shadow, it’ll be too late. Call the cops, but it won’t do you much good. They’ll be just as scared as you. Fend them off if you dare. If you can. But once you start a battle you can’t stop. No forfeits. Win or lose in a fight for your own pokemon. They’re everywhere, nowadays, those ships, all working against each other, competing for favors with any crime syndicate who will purchase their plunder. And they’re doing a damn good job. They’ve got these sails like long balloons, like old zeppelins, but the ship underneath is all technology. Long and thin and narrow, with elegant fins. Veins of energy shining saffron at night. Moving silent as a ghost. And of course that unmistakable shadow. The one you want to watch out for, though, is the small one. The one with the cloud-white sails and the sun-gold keel, home to pirates unmatched, pokemon unrivaled. That skyship’s shadow creeps along the ground, devouring cars, streets, skyscrapers, drawing screams up from the well of every city. If you see that great shadow sliding, you run. Run as fast as you can. You don’t want to be caught beneath the shadow of the Dunsparce.

Lately, though, winds haven’t been fair for the Dunsparce. Trainers are getting smarter. Their pokemon are getting stronger. And Team Rocket, pride bruised, is driving a harder bargain than ever. With the late Captain’s death, the crew dissolved into prison or hiding under the focused efforts of their enemies, and the ship's been grounded.

We thought the worst was over.

That is, till the Dunsparce disappeared. We hear rumors of white sails once more on the horizon…

In the air
You are a pirate aboard the revived Dunsparce. Your mission: to collect powerful, rare, or otherwise special pokemon to barter for your cost of living. Picking strong pokemon off of weak trainers is the easiest way to earn your bread. But where’s the fun in that? Befriend or beware your sassy cohorts, and of course your pokemon partner will be your constant companion. May the wind fill your sails!

On the ground
You are a trainer on your chosen quest. Your mission: to stop the scourge of the skies once and for all, and protect your pokemon team. What’s your vendetta? And why? Whatever it may be, the Dunsparce has insulted you deeply and you are bent on revenge or justice. May luck, skill, and victory be yours!

Behind the Curtain
You are a Rocket agent working behind the scenes. While these pretenders are playing pirate you’re doing real crimes, but they’re stealing all your thunder – and selling it back! It’s time someone put them in their place and end this nonsense. May you win back your pride once and for all!

These are only examples. Create your own scenario, if you prefer.

Rules!
- Follow all PE2K rules.
- No godmodding, bunnying without permission, trolling, etc. In other words, play nice.
- I reserve the right to accept, reserve, or decline anyone at any time, for any reason, within reason.
-Violence, romance, and swearing are fine. Just use good judgement. You can get the same idea across without anything too extreme.
- This will be a very literate RP! No exceptions! Proper spelling and grammar and syntax and all that stuff are absolutely required. Keep in the correct tense and point of view. I’ll judge your skill by your sign up. Disclaimer: I am not afraid to decline you based on the apparent quality of your sign up. Another disclaimer: I don’t hate you and I’m not really that mean I promise!!!!
- Try to post at least once a week, with at least two good paragraphs per post. (Longer is encouraged!) But this is just a guideline. Even if your post is only two words long, try for two paragraphs of substance.
- If you need a break, let me know in the discussion thread.
- No legendaries or dittos, and no Isshu pokemon because I haven’t played BW yet! And please don’t create your own pokemon – that includes shinies. If your pokemon is shiny, it will be shiny the way Nintendo intended it to be.
- You may have control of three characters.
- Enjoy your writing! Write what you want, play with style, character, plot, whatever. Do something different or something beyond your comfort zone. It's more fun that way. Just don't be an idiot is all I'm asking.
- Write “airborne absol” somewhere in your sign up so I know you read these rules.

NOTE: As GM I find it only makes sense that my character is Captain of the Dunsparce, but she’ll need a Lieutenant! The Captain and Lieutenant MAY have more interaction with each other, not sure yet – although they don’t necessarily have to be compatible. ;) If you’re not Captain or Lieutenant, your title will be Sailor.

ANOTHER NOTE: This is a wicked flash on deviantart if you want to make a visual of your character. Just be sure to give credit where credit is due. http://hapuriainen.deviantart.com/ar...s-up-125433419

FINAL NOTE: The Dunsparce makes berth at Mt. Silver, so we’ll be starting in Johto, but it can go pretty much everywhere because it FLIES.

Character Sheet:

Name: [First name required, last name optional.]

Alignment: [Pirate: Captain, Lieutenant (first come first serve), or Sailor)
Trainer: or Breeder, Coordinator, Gym Leader, etc.
Rocket: Executive, Grunt, Scientist, etc.]

Appearance: [1-2 paragraphs min, pic optional. Describe skin, hair, eyes, height, weight, clothing/uniform, scars, tattoos, piercings, or anything else we might need to know to picture your character.]

Personality and Background: [1 paragraph min. I’m more interested in how your character develops throughout the course of the story, so you don’t have to know everything right now. Just be sure you know it at some point!]

Pokemon: [Pirates: two max.
Trainers: 6 max.
Rockets: 3 max.]

Other: [Anything else?]

EDIT 11-26-2010: Pirates may now have two pokemon
EDIT 12-06-2010: Everyone may have three characters under their control, with each one preferably being from a different side. Hypothetically, you could have one of each.

Accepted
Tranland as Dunsparce Captain Blaise Pascal
Doodlebop as Pokemon Trainer Aaron Raldin, Dunsparce Lieutenant Harley Devereaux, and Rocket Executive Alexandra Morrin
Windchaser as Dunsparce Sailor Isaac Sheng
Gentle Manne as Pokemon Trainer Sienna

Reserved
Gentle Manne

Declined

Role Play Thread (coming soon!)
Discussion Thread

siggy by tranland

Last edited by tranland; 12-09-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:03 AM
tranland Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: [SU] Shadow of the Dunsparce

Here's mine! Ugh. I hate sign ups.

Name: Blaise Pascal (after the mathematician; no relation)

Alignment: Pirate, Captain of the Dunsparce

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Image attributed to the Pokemon Trainer Dress-Up by Hapuriainen (and later photoshopped by yours truly)
http://hapuriainen.deviantart.com/ar...s-up-125433419

Blaise wears an eye patch. She doesn’t find it ironic at all – just a matter of circumstance. Her right eye was severely injured by an overzealous trainer last year, so in order to protect the tender spot and spare society from the ghastly sight, Blaise wears an eye patch. One end of the vertical scar can still be seen slicing up through her eyebrow.

Blaise’s skin is dark, tawny, browned by the sun, and her hair is red and cropped short, and sticks out in all directions like fire in the wind. Heavy black eyeliner rings her visible eye, which is angular and shines gold. It gives her sharp face a mysterious quality. Her teeth gleam a brilliant white.

A pair of black-and-white trainers are on her feet and on her hands a pair of black riding gloves. She wears a gray-and-white striped midriff top above army-green capris, brazenly baring her toned middle. A black Dunsparce in a tribal design is tattooed elegantly over her navel. Her body is long and lithe.

Personality and Background: Blaise is a spunky type of girl who grew up in the sky, one of the many orphans born into the pirate trade. She is a leader and a mischief-maker by nature, and hopping parentless from ship to ship as a child only fostered her independent spirit. Her temper is quick to flare and quick to recede. Her tongue is so sharp that people don’t notice they’ve been cut until they’re bleeding seconds later. Her incurable sass is usually good natured.

She had heard only rumors of the Dunsparce during her childhood, and seen it once or twice, arguably the leader of flying ships in the pokemon black market. After spending a few dreary years on the ground, dabbling in Team Rocket dealings and common thievery, Blaise leapt at the opportunity to return to the clouds when the old crew disbanded. When the Dunsparce was grounded she took matters into her own hands, gathering up her own motley crew, eager to return to the clouds. The tattoo on her belly was her oath.

Pokemon: Taillow♂ named Rush, Arcanine♂ named Hermes

Other: Blaise is sometimes struck with headaches and dizzy spells on account of her old injury.

siggy by tranland

Last edited by tranland; 12-04-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Falcon Offline

Reserve me for your Lieutenant and as a trainer SU should be up soon.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:49 AM
tranland Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
Reserve me for your Lieutenant and as a trainer SU should be up soon.
Check!

siggy by tranland
Old 11-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Hey, tran! Great Roleplay again.

Oh, shoot, I wanted the Lieutenant! Ah, well. I'll be signing up as soon as I figure out which combo of charrie types I want...

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 11-28-2010, 11:25 PM
tranland Offline
Amateur Trainer

Hello, Doodle! It's okay. Our characters will still hang out. Or you and Falcon can duke it out. :)

siggy by tranland

Last edited by tranland; 11-29-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Doodlebop Offline

No, it's fine, haha. Here's a SU:

Name: Aaron Raldin

Alignment: Trainer

Appearance: Aaron is small and scrawny. He's around five feet four inches, and painfully skinny (simply because he doesn't eat very much). He has had light brown hair with bangs that are constantly getting in his gray eyes. His skin is pale. Though he's not tall, he seems rather leggy, and is constantly slouching. His face is rather pointed. Despite his size, though, Aaron is not usually mistaken for being younger than he really is- his attitude clearly communicates that he's older than he looks. Overall, he'd be rather unremarkable, but he has a unfortunate amount of burns scars around his body- practically head to foot, he's charred black. Only patches of skin- most notably the right side of his face and hands- is spared. He wears long-sleeved shirts and jeans to keep it from being obvious, and lets his hair hide his face. His typical attire is a green hoodie and blue jeans, with shoes that are constantly coming untied and a brown duffle bag. He almost always wears this attire, unless it becomes unbearably hot.
Personality and Background: Aaron is quiet and introverted, and tends to stay out of the way of most people. Most people think this is because he's shy, but he's not. He simply doesn't want to bother with talking with people- he's too impatient for silly things like that. When people do for some reason talk to him, they discover he's got quite the tongue in his mouth. He's rather rude and prickly, and his impatience to hear people out doesn't help matters. It isn't strictly because he's trying to be mean, it's simply the way things come out for him. Of course, that doesn't change that what he says is often offending. And the fact that some people are ready to get violent. But he's small, but he has a fiery temper and is prepared to fight back. Hence the fact that he often has bruises along with his burns- the boy has no common sense about who to get into fights with.

Aaron has a drive that can't be beat, and if he wants something, he's going to get it. This single-minded determination has landed him in more than a few spots of bother. He doesn't care about this, though- his sense of self-preservation tends to go flying out the window during these moments where he wants something, whether it be something monumental (like world peace) or something smaller (like the last cookie on the pan). He also dislikes being dependent on other people or things, and only fully trusts his Pokemon.

Aaron keeps his past secret, and when asked about his burns, the response is usually 'shove off'. No one knows why he keeps his past so private, and all they can guess is that it's his usual prickliness.
Aaron resented the pirates his entire life for the control, direct or not, they exercise over his life. The idea of them taking his Pokemon also makes his blood boil, so naturally he went out on his self-appointed quest to make the scourge of the skies vanish once and for all.
Pokemon: Coal- Male Absol- Is Aaron's constant companion.
Cosset- Female Kangaskhan- Unable to have her own young, so considers Aaron her own, and very protective and nurturing. Harm Aaron while she's around, and prepare yourself for instant doom.
Dune-Male Flygon- Somewhat flighty and scatterbrained. Rather unpredictable.
Bone- Male Marowak- Calm and levelheaded. Very intelligent.
Other: Airborne absol. Also, Aaron has an intense fear of fire and fire Pokemon. His lungs are rather weak. Has the unusual talent of fitting himself of bizarrely small spaces, much smaller spaces then he should be able to.

Will post another later. Um, I can post the past as well, if you want, but I thought it would be interesting if it was all mysterious. xD

Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
My Links

Last edited by Doodlebop; 11-30-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:26 AM
tranland Offline
Amateur Trainer

Doodlebop's Aaron: accepted! And you know I don't care about background, hahaha.

siggy by tranland
Old 12-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Windchaser54321 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Hey, tranland! Guess who finished the NaNoWriMo...

Be back with a character in a bit. Strange, but I was just thinking about pirates...
Old 12-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Doodlebop Offline

Yeah, that's what I figured, but I wasn't sure.

Oh, I finished NaNoWriMo too! Sweet.

I need to decide. Pirate or Rocket? I'm leaning on Rocket....

My Links
Old 12-02-2010, 05:13 PM
tranland Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well, I liked your Alex from the Institute. But I messaged Falcon and haven't gotten a response so that lieutenant position may be open. Falcon? Helloooo?????

EDIT: Heyyy Windchaser! Didn't even see you there on my tiny phone screen. Reserved. And congrats to both of you! Guess who never really started? Hah...

siggy by tranland

Last edited by tranland; 12-02-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Gentle Manne Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quite interesting. I like it!

Reserve me as well?

The rivers will run red.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:57 AM
tranland Offline
Amateur Trainer

Reserved Gentle Manne! Good to see you again.

So this is basically The Institute.

siggy by tranland
Old 12-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Hmm, that's strange. If he doesn't show up for a while, I'll make a Lieutenant, but if he does, I'll go ahead and make a Rocket. Maybe I'll remake Alex- she was fun to play as.

I know. I was like 'hey, the gang's all here!' Now we just have to get the rest on over... xD

But I'll stop spamming now. Next time I post, I'll actually have a character, I swear! ^^'

My Links
Old 12-04-2010, 01:13 AM
tranland Offline
Amateur Trainer

Cool. I'd like to open sometime this weekend, so if everybody could get their signups in that would be super awesome.

siggy by tranland