Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Re: Ties of Fate [RP]

Solaris Harribel
Castle area
Neutral

"Tch, pathetic!" Relgam snorted, the thin staff he carried meeting with the blade of the girl who called herself 'stranger' and somehow not snapping like a twig. A massive explosion of fire followed, though it did nothing to stop the tree that more or less saved Relgam from his own flames than doing harm. The tree was then wrought asunder, heralding the arrival of another, a blade of black clashing with Caron's sword. A man fully covered in dull silver armor had blocked his strike, a black cape with a red heart embroidered into the back of it flying in the wind. The body shape was lithe yet muscular, and each of the shoulders had a single spike on it, with accent spikes on the knee and ankle joints. The helmet had a black glass visor rather than a true visor, with two horns extending forwards past the glass visor a fair ways, another pair in the chin area looking very much like mandibles.

"Sur...ren...der..." was all the man said, but there was something distorted about the voice. Inhuman. The black long sword suddenly lit with black energy, forcing Caron back. Relgam and Saffron looked stunned that he was there.

"Aeon?" Relgam stammered "Here?" Saffron finished. The two wasted no time in teleporting away. Few remained who still knew of the Broken Remnant. Calling itself Aeon, it was unknown just what it was, beyond that it was a suit of living armor, intent on destroying anything vaguely symbolic of a hero. Without warning, the armor suit charged forward, throwing Caron out of its way and seizing Solaris by the throat. A lucky blast of light magic from her palm prevented it from snapping her neck clean in two, knocking it back enough that there was room to maneuver.

"Light..." The armor spoke, aiming its sword in the direction of the dragon-human and launching a wave of darkness in his direction, taking a combat stance in preparation for destroying them all.

((I lied. This is your real boss XD))

Asagi Hokaido
Port Belle
Neutral

"Thanks," Asagi replied, examining the wound in her leg. It was a lot deeper than she'd thought it had been, but luckily they weren't far from a healer. There had been one just down the street. She tried to stand, but her leg wouldn't hold her weight with the wound inflicted. "I think I'll live... but to be safe, who wants to help me hobble to the healer's hut down the road?" Asagi replied, grinning sheepishly. As she did, she unraveled a bandage from her pocket and wrapped a part of it tightly above the wound, using the rest to cover it. A prevention so she didn't end up bleeding out before she got there. To be honest, she was already feeling a little woozy from it. "'cause I'm not good enough at medicine to fix something this deep."

CR-12B
Amberground area
neutral

A loud roar indicated that, indeed, the monster was not as dead as they thought it was. A black shape whisked Neon and Hyde out of the way of a massive fist as the monster stood, revealing that though it had taken a lot of damage, it wasn't quite dead.

"You two need to watch your backs a bit better than that," Argos Valentine said, before several gunshots rang out, at a louder volume and deeper sound than most guns the size of the one he had. The monster, already almost dead from the previous assault, fell to the gunshots, finishing it off before it had a chance to kill anyone. Surprisingly, its body faded away like wisps of black smoke rather than remaining. A true monster? But where had it come from?

"Thank you," CR-12B said, giving a shallow bow of appreciation to the three who had helped them out. "That monster would have killed us if you'd arrived much later. Midnight, check your bandage; your wound might have been reopened during the fighting," He instructed, healing the small wound he'd taken from the beast and giving a disappointed look at the small bloodstain on his coat for it. That'd get him some odd looks. "Are you three all right? If you have any injuries, I'll be able to treat them. It's the least I can do."

"I'm not hurt," Argos said, shrugging. "but thank you for the offer. If you guys don't need me for anything else, I think I'll head back to town now."

((Blegh.))
Old 12-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Midnight
Amberground area
Neutral

Midnight tugged at her bandages slightly while Neon turned to face between Argos and CR. "I believe we're fine, Argos made sure of that. Thanks for saving our butts again, although I think we'll stay back for a moment, you mind telling the boss we're okay and whatever that thing was is dead?" She asked, looking then to her partner. Hyde shook his head, spraying his colorless mane everywhere.

"I'm fine. Even then, I don't think you'd be able to help me... My body works differently than most, and I'm kind of wary of people..." He murmured, looking to the ground, Neon blinked, as if suddenly realizing all the people there, and put herself in front of Hyde.

"I think it's fine, Doc." Midnight said, before smiling at Neon and Hyde. "As my friend said, thank you very much, otherwise we'd have been done for." She said, glancing to Hyde. "We're like that too, people shy. Doc's nice, though."

Luna and Cloud
Port Belle
Neutral

Cloud shook his head "You need to stay off that leg until it's treated, here." He said gently before leaning down and bracing one arm against her back and sliding the other under her knees before picking her up like she weighed nothing at all. "Come on, Luna. Grab your sword, I'm going on ahead with Asagi, I can't fix her, either, and I'm not liking the looks of this." He said before darting off, in search of the medical place he'd seen coming in.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Ryu-Ikimono, AKA Ryu and Currently, 'Stranger'
Neutral
Castle Area
Human form-shift-Eclimancy form

Ryu hoped for a good spar with these two, knowing her blade wasn’t really there to attack, just to slingshot herself over towards them and give them a well deserved boot to the head. The next thing she knew was lots of flames, ones that might mess up her coat more, as she didn't know what kind of fire it actually was. Then she saw a tree monster of some sort out of the corner of her eye as she came back to the ground. Yes, Momma Nature was not happy with these two losers who didn’t seem to want to shut up.

That’s when something started to pulse in the back of Ryu’s head. That meant one thing; something was messing around with her powers. Something really powerful, and not to mention, her nose was twitching out a bit too. She could smell something, something vaguely familiar, another being similar to her? She highly doubted it, but her head was starting to screw up like a bad radio frequency.

That’s when it came: a huge, black armored and caped humanoid thing that was most certainly not human. For as old Ryu was, she knew when something wasn’t human, and when it was. It had a big sword, and when Ryu saw the two loud mouths leave, she sighed.

“Good, something quieter.” She muttered.

She heard the word ‘Aeon’. Whether it was a name or not, Ryu knew that there were many different meanings to the word. She wondered if this was one she was familiar with. Ryu didn’t have a chance to respond to it grabbing the Solaris girl, but she had some kick to her, knocking the ebony marauder back. That was probably why Dumb and Dumber were here trying to take her away. Regardless, Ryu was bugging out in control, and shifting in front of eyes was not her first idea, but at this rate, she thought to hell with it.

Aldvir wanted into that thing, though she could tell how powerful it was. If it happened to break Ryus conscious blade, well them they’d have it settled. Her head was now starting to hurt, and for some random reason, she could hear otherworldly whispers in her head.

‘I shouldn’t be hearing anything...the only thing I killed was that Veilva scout...I didn’t mark it...damn you blood magic.’

Ryu snapped her fingers again and took herself into a shadowed area for a moment. She had no choice but to let herself shift. Even if she went berserk, they wouldn’t know it was her. After a moment, a dark veil surrounded her. Once she could open her eyes again, she felt a bit sinister, but still in control. She looked at herself, noticing she was armored, but thin, had spiked arm guards, studded armor going down her back.

‘Yes...something that isn’t gonna kill anybody...well, just not that thing.’

Ryu could see from her hiding place that the thing was aiming at a rock. Ryu didn’t find it berserk, no that stupid to aim at a rock for no reason. Wait, did she see something move behind that rock?

She wouldn’t be in time to stop the blast, but she could try taking whatever was behind that rock out of targeting range. Lunging forward, wings hugged at her sides, Ryu dove for what she saw for two seconds as some humanoid and a speck, almost jumping on top of them, being a human, or necromatic dragon of universal collapse, shield. The boulder broke and left the energy that remained to batter her side. It hurt like a bastard, and she could feel something start to burn in her body. Glory, internal bleeding, was the first thought that came to mind. Being half of the apitimy of nothing, Ryu being obliterated would take just a bit longer.

After Ryu could move, she picked up some of the rock fragments with her tail, and swung them as hard as she could at the armor of black and bad ass. This thing was ready for a fight, and so was Ryu. Soon after the rock, almost half a second after, she spat a blue and violet, viscous flame at the BABA. (Bad ass black armor) Even if it didn’t hit the face she was aiming for, it was sticky, it would stick to something.

“You might want to move.” Ryu commented to the other two, her voice changed into a echoing, hollow tone of enigmatic property.

EDIT: WOO POST 4800
Old 12-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Cinder and Caron
Neutral
Castle Area

"Oh now what?" Cinder growled in irritation as the walking suit of armor interrupted their fight. Gods, didn't the Harribel family at least check to make sure that there were't any poltergeists walking around their property? Oh well, at least it made the twins leave. It was a small blessing, he supposed.

But who was Aeon? It was a bit odd to name your child Aeon, wasn't it? Either way, it wasn't really that important. All that mattered right now was that it was trying to kill them. Suddenly Caron was thrown back, and Cinder quickly pointed at him and shouted something. Just like that, a net of energy spun from his finger and quickly caught Caron before he could smash his head against the road.

"Thanks," Caron muttered and noticed something was happening. "Um, Cinder, our Stranger is um..." He trailed off hesitantly.

Cinder turned and could only raise an eyebrow at the scene before him. There was a dragon fighting the possessed armor knwon as Aeon. If Caron's words were anything to go by, then Stranger had somehow turned herself into a dragon. How...interesting.

Suddenly she landed right beside them. "You might want to move," she said in a hollow voice.

Cinder merely sighed and raised his staff. A blast of wind erupted from it and swirled in front of them to form a bit of a shield. "You do realize that wer're not going anywhere?" He asked lightly, as if he were reporting the weather. "Brother, I might need your sword."

"You do realize that this thing is probably hell-bent on destroying us?" Caron asked, helping solaris up.

"Quite. Stab the ground, if you would."

Caron frowned at him, but he knew that Cinder had asked him to do stranger things. He quickly flipped his sword around and stabbed the earth with it, and suddenly a halo of light surrounded his blade. Cracks appeared in the ground, bleeding light from them, and headed for the armor. They circled it, and suddenly the light shot out and formed a cage around it made of solid light. The other beams of light shot into the air and formed into spearsthat shot right for the trapped armor.

((Yay posting at 1 AM with grammar and spelling mistakes ahoy.))

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Dyrikoda & Saeri
Rebels
Castle Area

"Crap," Saeri grumbled under her breath as her little tree-act didn't really do much to the mage. Fire had erupted as Relgam's staff met the Stranger's sword, but in the end they hadn't really managed to do much against one another. But before another wave of attack could begin, the battle was interrupted.

Dyrikoda, watching secretly from behind his boulder, suddenly had a strange case of chills running down his back. Just as he turned his head, he saw it: a man--or something--heavily armored and seemingly dangerous. With his black blade, the mysterious newcomer sliced the oak tree apart, as if it were only made of butter. The dragon succubi was certain he didn't want to hang around anymore, but for whatever reason his legs didn't respond. He remained rooted to the spot, watching carefully.

"What the heck? That was a perfectly good tree," Saeri frowned, upset at the tree's destruction. Of course she didn't seem startled by this mysterious stranger's sudden appearance. Dyrikoda wanted to hiss at her to be quiet, but instead he stared at the "thing"'s glass visor. Whatever was behind that, it couldn't be human...

"Sur...ren...der..." it finally spoke, confirming Dyrikoda's suspicions of it being other-worldly. It swung its black sword out at the human in casual armor, who was flung back by its eerie dark magic. His red caped companion pointed at him, casting a spell that allowed Caron a safe landing.

It was at this time that the two Royal Mages lost their spunk.

"Aeon?" the one goggled.

"Here?" the other completed his thought.

And just like that, they turned tail and teleported away, leaving the other band of warriors to fight this Aeon--who suddenly surged forward and caught Solaris around the neck. Dyrikoda saw a flash of light magic, and she was released.

"Light..." Aeon hissed in his unusual manner of speaking, and Dyrikoda watched almost in a daze as the armor turned, purposely lifting his sword at him, and sent pure dark magic racing toward the youth in a great but terrible wave. The succubi felt his knees go weak, and he certainly knew that there was no way he could escape. It almost seemed like his brief life was flashing before his eyes when, out of nowhere, the Stranger was there. Only... it wasn't her. It was some sort of armored dragon...

A dragon? or something more sinister...

Either way, the transformed Stranger blocked the wave of darkness before it could reach Dyrikoda and Saeri. The boulder shattered as the wave raced by, but the dragon-human-stranger blocked any of its effects from reaching the two. Still, Dyrikoda couldn't help but roll up into a ball as the magic raced by, and hardly noticed when the dragon swung its tail to send debris flying at the armor. Yet his slowly raised his head as the Stranger breathed blue and purple flames.

“You might want to move," the dragon spoke as the flames faded, but her voice was echoing strangely. Dyrikoda stared at her in wide-eyed wonder, but didn't say a word as he obeyed. As he started retreating, he grabbed Saeri, who was cockily taunting the armor, "Yeah! Come get some, ya freaky, no good--Hey!"

Dyrikoda ran as far as he thought was safe, then turned back around and grimly drew his dual swords from their sheath on his back. He wasn't confident how good he was in fighting, but if it came down to defending himself, he couldn't just run. Now he was in full view of the others--the ones he was certain were actual humans--but for the moment he wasn't concerned. He watched, and waited, as the dragon faced the armor...

Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Solaris Harribel
Castle area
Neutral

The animate armor wasn't affected in the slightest by the light cage surrounding it, simply waiting for the boulder to reach it before cleaving it in two with a powerful sword strike. It then did exactly as Caron had done and stuck its sword into the ground, turning the cage of light instantly into pure darkness, launching it in an explosive burst of energy around itself, freeing it and, if nothing else, proving it wasn't a normal opponent.

"Aeon is a myth; it's supposed to be armor animated by an evil force and driven to hunt down heroes and destroy them... I thought it was just a story..." Solaris said, more confirming her own fears that the thing was real than explaining it. There was no doubting the animate armor was real. The armor drew its sword from the ground, holding it in its left hand (Gauntlet?) and angling the blade so that it pointed above their heads. Without warning, black clouds instantly formed above the group, raining down black lightning on them.

((Have fun contending with this guy. And good luck surviving more than three hits without being KO'd if nothing else.))

Asagi Hokaido
Port Belle
Neutral

"Heh, you don't need to carry me. My other leg's fine; I just need some support for my hurt one," Asagi chuckled, especially at the angry expression on one man's face when he saw she was wearing shorts beneath her skirt. That reaction was just priceless; seemed like half the people who needed her help tried to tag along to see something they shouldn't be looking at. Just made it funnier when they noticed her shorts. "Really though, great job on the monster. Good thing we worked together; that thing would've been a lot tougher if it was just one of us fighting it. So anyways, um... Where're we goin' first when we start our little adventure? Wanna hoof it back to Amberground?"

CR-12B & Argos
Amberground area
Neutral

"Right, I'll let them know," Argos replied, heading off in the direction of town. "Don't take too long or your boss'll get worried."

"It's all right," CR-12B assured Midnight, giving a nod to Hyde and Neon. "I wish I had something other than gratitude I could offer you, but I'm afraid I don't have anything to pay you with. I also apologize if I startled you; I meant nothing by it," He said, giving a humble bow to the two. "In any case, the two of us should get going. You're welcome to come with us if you want; I don't think either of us would mind the company. It was nice meeting you Neon, Hyde."

CR-12B gave a gesture to Midnight indicating he was ready to go, and started off down the road away from the port town. After the two exited earshot, however, a voice came at random from behind Neon and Hyde. "C'mon, you can't just let a couple of defenseless kids wander into the wilderness like that with all the monsters and bandits appearing," The voice said, accompanied by a haunting laugh that sounded distinctly of bells, like one would hear from a clock. If they turned around to look, a thin, plainly-dressed young woman with teal hair and eyes was there, her hands clasped behind her back and a knowing smirk on her face. Her earrings brought to mind the gears inside of a clock, and her tinted glasses did nothing to hide her intelligent gaze. "If you go with them, who knows what you might find?" She chimed, giggling again.

Noir
church of shadows
neutral

"GAH! I said 'make me better', NOT JAB ME WITH A NEEDLE!" Chaos erupted, trying to keep his newer mechanical arm from crushing his normal one. Shika had jabbed him with a needle of something, and now his arm felt like it was going to explode. It hurt like hell, provided hell had some kind of pain to it.

"Kuuhaku..." Noir said, mostly to get her attention. He indicated to the rift in space she'd made to look out on Amberground port. In his own way, he was asking if the monster had been taken care of or not. The ambiguity of it, however, probably made it seem like he had just gestured to the hole and said nothing. He had no doubt Nox would translate for him if Kuuhaku didn't catch on.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Winter Offline

Midnight
Amberground area
Neutral

"No, no, it's our job to make sure the civvies are alright, we wouldn't be proper HRD's if we let anyone other than us get hurt." Neon said brightly, allowing the two to go along before a woman who felt powerful appeared before them. It didn't bother either in the least: they'd had contact with the deities before, being large believers, and postal workers whose main base of operation was that operated out of Amberground by Kuuhaku herself, though few actually believed it. This woman had the same strange air as she did.

"But what would Kuuhaku think of us abandoning our duties? We've sorn ourselves to her service after what she did for Hyde--" Neon was cut off by a soft laugh.

"Go after them, I'll tell Kuuhaku I let you two go if she needs you anywhere. I'll just tell Lloyd you two are out on important, classified, business. I do believe they're important if she's telling you to go after them. Besides, Neon, Hyde, you two deserve a vacation. At least, I think so." The two turned to see a grinning, golden-haired man standing behind them, Yamada.

"I-I...Yessir. We'll go after them, then." Neon sighed before jogging after them, Hyde on her tail. "Hey--do you mind if we go with you? It doesn't seem like you two have much fight in you, and it'd really suck for you two to be saved by us and then die as soonas you're out of our sight." Neon called, Hyde snickered.

"Um... I don't mind, but it's really up to doc..." Midnight murmured.

------

Menawhile, as soon as Neon and Hyde were out of earshot, Yamada looked to the goddess and smiled. "I see you're pointing directions to some of Lady Kuu's biggest intrests. May I ask why?" He asked softly.

Luna and Cloud
Port Belle
Neutral

"Just because you can stand doesn't mean you should--I'm a bit of a medic myself, Asagi." Cloud sighed, stepping into the place he'd seen before while Luna stepped in behind them.

"Thanks, though it really was nothing, Cloud and I do exterminator jobs all the time." The lycan sighed, looking to the man she assumed was the doctor of the place. "Hey--don't just stand there, she needs help!" She snapped, the man moving into action, taking Asagi from a reluctant Cloud, not liking the idea of handing over his friend of sorts to a medical official he didn't know, even if she did need better help than he could provide.

"Didn't do much." He sighed, rubbing his shoulder, which he'd healed in the time it'd taken Luna to kill te bird. "And maybe, I don't really care where we go."

"Me neither." Luna called.

Nox, Shika(NPC), and Kuuhaku(NPC)
Church of Shadows
Neutral

Shika stepped back, frowning. "It's not like I meant to!" The goddess of healing snapped in turn. "I have no idea how to deal with this--it's never been seen before, okay? I have to make due with guesswork, got it?!?1" She gorwled back while Kuuhaku and Nox both focused on Noir.

"He means--" Nox started on instinct, Kuuhaku shook her head, cutting her off.

"I know, yes, two of my HRD people and one of their friends got it, along with two other civilians who were trying to distract it. Whatever it was is as dead as it can be made at this point in time, hopefully it won't revi--Trenia!" The goddess gasped, looking at the space distortion in shock, watching the time goddess approach Neon and Hyde. Neon said something after Trenia spoke, but she couldn't hear, the distortion showed the bigger picture,not the closer one , and it didn't work like a camera. Then Yamada joined them, and said something before the two best HRD people she had went running after the two civilians who were walking away. "What on--" This time Kuuhaku was interrupted by the church's doors slamming open and a young woman running in, single raven-black wing streaming behing her and dropping feathers as she ran, rust-colored hair flying behind her as well with the end of her long red oversized trenchcoat. She looked rough, under the trenchcoat was a patchy black high-neacked shirt and baggy grey pants, bottoms shived into wore-for-wear black leather boots, simple sword hanging from her side.

"Chaos, I saw the sky and I got wondered--" She cut off as she saw the scene before her, immediately realizing Chaos didn't look as she formerly recognized, and gasped, blue-breen eyes widening in shock. "Sir, what happened to you?" Aileena asked in a tiny voice, unsure of what to think.

OOC: Meet Aileena, I got a cookie for whoever can tell me what game character I based her appearance off of--Metal, keep your mouth shut 'cause you know already.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Cinder and Caron
Neutral
Castle Area

"Attacking heroes?" Caron echoed Solaris' words in complete surprise. Just as he said that, Cinder's cage of light was shattered by a blast of darkness.

"We're considered heroes?" Cinder asked and gave a short bark of a laugh. A sardonic smile curled at his lips. "How cute. I'm quite honored." He turned towards Ryu. "Although, no offense Stranger, but you don't really seem like a hero, at least as far as stereotypes go."

The scrap of steel against steel cut him off. The thing--Aeon--drew its sword and raised it to the sky. The sunlight glinted off the black blade as it was pointed right above their heads. Right where it was pointing, a swirl of clouds that were black as coal started to form. That had to be some serious magic if clouds were forming that fast.

"Lightning?" Caron asked, seeing Cinder do something like this times before with the same results.

Cinder's eyes widened and they turned a bright yellow. He swore loudly and jammed his staff into the ground. The crystal flared a blinding light blue and threw up a shield just as black lightning exploded from the clouds' belly. However, lightning traveled marginally faster than magic and as a consequence a few bolts nicked them while the rest were deflected away. The force of the lightning cracked the shield like glass.

"Cinder?" Caron said worriedly and the Magus flinched.

"I'll be fine," his brother replied, already mending the shield. He observed the burns on Caron's arm and his robes and snapped his fingers wordlessly. A green glow surrounded them and green light struck Caron's arm, lessening the swelling and halting any blisters. "You know, something tells me that we're going to have to fight for our lives ina few minutes."

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

OOC: Sorry for the lateness

Ryu-Ikimono, AKA Stranger
Neutral
Castle Area
Current form: Eclimancy

Ryu listened to the story about this thing called Aeon. Not the most original thing she had heard in her lifetime but still sounded like a pain in the ass nonetheless. She couldn’t agree more with the hellbent on destroying us comment. Actually, she had met a great many things that were hellbent on destroying herself, but on a much more personal level.

“Oh, I’m not asking you to leave...just not get in my range of possibly causing you accidental grievous bodily harm.” Ryu grunted to the two, who seemed to be related.

The cage of light, Ryu stayed out of, light wasn’t her thing, especially in this form. As she watvched, knowing her insides were already bleeding, Ryu tried to stabilize herself. She knew the more she was hit, the more powerful her burst shots were. She noticed as the armor decimated the cage and then started to become the weatherman.

Ryu turned when she was addressed about the hero comment. She had been over this again and again, and the answer was the same...in fact, her adopted brother back home put it well in this case.

“Well...”

She was busy formulating a plan and forgot that she was in a battle for a moment. She noticed as the red reaper get struck pretty hard. She needed to snap out of it, knowing she would have to fight with strangers in order to survive.

“Oh come on...like that’s really original...that’s the best you can do?” Ryu purposely taunted the massive thing so it would hit her. Knowing how hard this thing could really hit, would probably wound her enough for her own powers to match, if not possibly go above this thing’s ability.

She knew for a fact that she could take much more than the two humanoids could. Hell, she could bring herself back to life, that was something she was quite sure that the other two and three couldn’t do. Then she remembered she still had to finish her answer about the hero thing. She stood ready for a fight, now pissed off that the Aeon thing hurt someone. At least it wasn’t bad, but her slight homesickness was starting to put her in one of those moods.

“As for the hero thing...I will say it as my brother once put it...” Ryu said with a solemn tone. “I don't ever recall calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people that I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears before me...”

Ryu paused for a moment. “Well, you’ll see soon enough.”

Ryu then took a lightning bolt from the sky, the power stinging her body and static sparking over her wings that were half stretched out. It stung, but she wasn’t out yet. Feeling her insides burn, she opened her maw and let out a brighter burst of viscous flame, right for the neck of Aeon. Even if he tried to block it, the flame would stick, and burn. After the burst shot, Ryu lunged right at Aeon, hoping that the one thing it might do, would happen.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

(OOC: Winter, is she, perhaps, based off of Sephiroth? :o
Also... sorry if this sounds crappy but I've caught a cold >>'
One more thing... ARE YA TRYING TO KILL US, METAL? xDDDDDD)

Dyrikoda and Saeri
Rebels
Castle Area

The cloaked humans cast a spell that caged the mysterious being in a wall of light, but the thing was able to counter it with more dark magic. Dyrikoda, standing a little ways away from the others, gulped uncertainly. How was he suppose to fight this guy? These other guys, they were definitely a lot stronger than he was, but even they had some trouble. He was only sixteen years old... Perhaps he should just disappear...

But no. Dyrikoda wouldn't do that. He wasn't a coward--he'd stand and fight. And maybe, perhaps, help would come...

"Aeon is a myth," the dragon succubi overhead Solaris speaking. "It's supposed to be armor animated by an evil force and driven to hunt down heroes and destroy them... I thought it was just a story..."

"H-heroes?" Dyrikoda stammered to himself, though keeping his yellow eyes on the armor. He remembered that moment right before the creature attacked the boulder, how deliberate the motion was, and how it had uttered, "Light..." It didn't think that Dyrikoda was... that couldn't be. Dyrikoda was just as dubious as everyone else of their supposed status of heroism. The boy was no more a hero than any of these guys.

Suddenly, Aeon lifted his sword to the sky, and immediately it was cracking with lighting. Dyrikoda gasped and rolled foward as a bolt struck the ground near him, using his wings to propel him forward. Stopping on his knee, he glanced around wide-eyed at the others. Cinder--who's name Dyrikoda had overhead--tried to counter the unnatural storm of black thunderbolts with his own magic, but he wasn't fast enough with his spells. The bolts struck them, but didn't kill them on the spot. Dyrikoda had to dodge-roll away from several other bolts, but when he looked back he saw the two humans glowing with green light.

The mysterious, shape-shifting Stranger fought back in her own way: with a quick taunt.

“Oh come on...like that’s really original...that’s the best you can do?” she cried, most likely trying to distract it from the others. If that worked... maybe Dyrikoda could try something? He doubted he could deal much damage to the armor, but if it would help... The dragon succubi called on his own magic and ignited the blades of his dual swords. Being lithe and flexible, the boy daintily dodged his way through the bolts--but soon found out that they weren't as predictable as he thought. Just as he was circling around the the armor's back, a bolt finally caught him, and he fell flat on his face. The next few seconds were confusing to him, but he did recall that a voice was yelling shrilly,

"What the devil is the matter with you, boy?"

A strange sensation coursed through his body, cool and refreshing as if water was pouring over him. He opened his eyes and saw Saeri floating nearby, finishing the end of a curing spell.

"Try to keep your head next time, okay?" the fairy scolded him, shaking her little finger before flying from his sight.

Disoriented, he tried to shake his head clear and climb to his feet, just in time to see the dragon-shape-shifter get hit with lightning and retaliate with a jet of flame. When he blinked, the dragon was suddenly lunging at Aeon ferociously.

"Take this, you ninny!" he heard Saeri yell. It took the youth a minute to find where she was at, thanks to her size, but she was floating close to the armor, holding her arms out as if she were aiming a bow. Light formed, and suddenly she was holding a bow and arrow, and when she released it, she sent a bolt of pure light flying towards Aeon's visor--right before the dragon could reach him.

Maybe that will distract it enough for the Stranger to get him good, Dyrikoda thought before remembering his flaming swords. Okay, guy, he continued speaking to himself. Focus; look for an opening and take it.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

CR-12B, AKA Doc
Amberground area
Neutral

"I'm not going to pretend to be in charge, but you're still welcome to come along if you like," CR-12B replied, shrugging. "We'll be grateful for whatever help we have on our travels. If you need to pick up any supplies from town, I don't think we'll be back for a little while, so it's best to stock up now. We'd be fine waiting here for you if you need some time to pack," He said, giving a friendly smile to the two. He'd had things packed in anticipation of leaving for a few days and contained in his bag, but these two had come out of nowhere to rescue them. Chances were they didn't have everything they needed to come along. "Besides, that way you can ask your friend in the black suit if he wants to come with us as well."

--------------------------------------------------

The young woman giggled, waving her left hand dismissively. "Heehee, you guys are always so nosy~" She laughed, turning the wave into flipping around a ponytail thet was more to the left side of her head than the right. She seemed to think the situation was amusing. "I'll just say that those four and one other in town have a big role to play in events to come. You'll thank me later, just like always! Actually... I need a favor from you and the others. Some day in the near future, all of us will need to work together to preserve the unity of the world. If you could, ask Kuuhaku to give the others a heads up for me, all right?"

The woman turned to face Yamada, looking concerned rather than a usual look of utter confidence. "I can't explain what's going to happen, but I'm counting on you to do that for me, okay? We probably won't speak again for a long time after this; the clock tower won't be accessible after sunset today. If anyone has questions for me, tell them to come today. And sorry for being so abrupt," With that last line, the woman vanished, leaving no sign she was ever there except the ringing of a large clock's bell...

((I'm aware the order is a bit mixed up in attacks, but bear with me. And no, I'm not trying to kill you... yet. This is a demonstration of what you can expect from my 'boss' enemies.))
Solaris Harribel
Castle area
Neutral

Solaris conjured her own shield to protect herself from the black lightning in the form of a black vortex, twisting the strike so that it hit the caster rather than her. Regardless, the hits the armor was taking didn't seem to be bothering at all. Even bursting into flames did nothing more than crack the black glass of its faceplate. The fact that only a faint bit of black smoke came from beneath only made the thing that much more frightening. Ryu's lunge garnered no reaction from it other than sheathing its blade in the ground. The instant the dragon-like creature was in range, the armor crouched down and tore the ground from beneath her, leaping into the air and throwing it back down on top of her. The fairy foolish enough to try to attack was swatted away by a powerful fist, though the damage done was enough to split open the helmet. There was nothing but pitch blackness within; no physical form was beneath the armor at all.

It drew its sword from the ground and made a leap over the hole it had created, striking at Caron with the black longsword, revealing that two scythe-like hooks were near the blade's tip, likely for tearing enemies in two. The fight didn't look hopeful for them at all at this rate. "What do you think you're doing?! You might have a chance at winning if you aim for the torso area of the armor!" A voice came, though there wasn't a visible speaker at all. Ryu's fire, strangely enough, had not hit until that point, and though it did knock the armor off its direct course, making it easier for Caron to get out of the way, it didn't seem to do much lasting damage, other than sticking to the section of shoulder that was hit and seeming to stick there. It seemed there was a type of immunity to fire, which given it seemed to have been worn at some point in time made sense.

((A note; it'll take damage from most types of magic, just not fire or shadow.))

Asagi Hokkaido
Port Belle
Neutral

"Aw, fine," Asagi said, looking a bit grumpy. The medicine man was a nice guy, if kind of old. He had some kind of healing magic that fixed her wound, but it itched and burned badly. If it wasn't for the bandage wrapped around the part of her leg she'd been hurt at, she would probably have been scratching crazily. She was only in for a few minutes, too; she was right back out once the man was done and she'd paid. Asagi had never let on, but she was actually quite wealthy; enough so that she could practically buy her way out of any situation.

"Hey-a guys, I'm back! So, you ready to get goin', or we stayin' here for a while?" Asagi asked as soon as she came out of the room, grinning at Luna and Cloud like she hadn't almost passed out on her way there. "Err... But we should get somethin' to eat first; it's almost lunchtime and I haven't had anything to eat since this morning."

Noir
church of shadows
Neutral

"...?" was Noir's response to Trenia's appearance. So she was out and about again. That was troubling; she rarely wandered among mortals unless something important was happening; she was preoccupied with other duties. He sighed and shook his head; he had no idea what was going on. He did know, however, that it must have been something very important. He gave a curious look to the commotion behind him caused by Chaos and Shika, then by the appearance of one of Chaos's faithfuls. Some gods chose to have others to help them, but Noir had never felt the need for more help than his sibling could provide, lest it be something that needed to be tended to by another deity. He raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

"Fft," was Chaos's response. By this point, he was glaring off into the distance with his arms crossed. "I told ya I'm no 'sir' at least twenty times now; cut it out already. It's either 'Chaos' or 'That no-good degenerate', or whatever it is the rest of you call me when I'm not around," He grumbled, not really miffed about the title so much as he was with his fussy medic. "Will you hurry up already? I've got other things to do, you know, like keeping that tin can from deep sixing everything vaguely tied to fate this side of Elusya."

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 12-29-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:03 AM
Winter Offline

Midnight
Amberground area
Neutral

Neon simply grinned. "Actually, Hyde and I are pretty good to go. We're used to traveling like this thanks to our job, and we've got our boss's partner covering for us. He's going to let her know we're going on vacation." She said, Hyde smiled slightly as well.

"We tend to hunt on the go and becuase of our jobs, we just keep our weapons on with our uniforms almost all the time. We're from the postal service's high risk delivery division, HRD for short. Also, due to that, we try to pack extremely light so we don't have to worry about much if we have to fight off something." He said, wondering absently what kind of speech Argos would give them for leaving on short notice, on a adventure, without him. Midnight looked at all the faces around her and tilted her head.

"So...it seems then that we can get going then, unless we need to do anything else, Doc?" She asled.

----------------------------------

Yamada just shook his head at Trenia's disappearance. "I can understand most of the other Gods, but that woman still evades my understanding... Now, it seems I get to tell Lloyd that Neon and Hyde won't be back anytime in the near future." he complained. "Why me?" He asked himself, sounding miserable. With a sigh, he turned around and shifted into his original form, then started back to the city of Amberground.

Luna and Cloud
Port Belle
Neutral

"Well, it seems food first, then I'd like to rest a night, but then we can get going. We'd just arrived, actually." Luna said, Cloud nodded. Seeming satisfied, he shifted back into his wolf form and took up space around Luna's legs. "I knew that wasn't going to last very long." She commented, nearly laughing. The enormous thunderhead gray wolf snorted at her, and she chuckled softly. "Yeah yeah, I know. Why don't we get going? You can pick a place to eat." She offered politely, gesturing towards the door.

Nox, Shika(NPC), and Kuuhaku(NPC)
Church of Shadows
Neutral

Shika frowned "Well, it's not something I can do quickly, okay?" The healing goddess snapped once more while Aileena drew closer, an expression of horrified curiousity pinned to her face. One hand reached out to gently stroke the feathers of her own wing, and she bit her lip.

"How...? I didn't think gods could be manipulated by magic like that? Not like how I...?" Her wing flinched back from her gentle fingers, folding itself tightly to her back and it rested there, rigid.

"Mortals can't do this to us. We're not sure what happened to him." Nox said in a soft voice. "Or at least, I don't know what did it."

"I don't entirely get it myself..." Kuuhaku put in brightly, Aileena glanced at her, frowning moreso as she did, giving her more of an "Are you inasane?" look. Hannibal raised his index finger to his mouth and turned it sideways, as to bite the middle joint while he studied Aileena in confusion.

"Just what are you, anyway? If you don't mind me asking, that is." He asked, Aileena closed her eyes for a moment before answering.

"Crazy magician's toy. I'm supposed to be human, though." She replied shortly.

"Yeah, well he definately didn't get the way he is now the sane way you did." Shika told her emotionlessly.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:51 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Ryu-Ikimono, AKA Stranger
Neutral
Castle Area
Current Form: Eclimancy

Ryu had only gotten so close to Aeon before she found the ground under her become a bit lower, and that there was a large pile of dirt above her. Soon it came crashing down on the majority of her body, leaving her tail and wing bits still showing. She could feel something very hot and and burning on her side now, and looked under her one wing; blood was seeping into the dry dirt, which meant that she had taken a considerable amount of damage, making her more powerful as well.

Ryu was about to mention her being pissed off when she heard a faint voice telling them how to beat this damned armor. As Ryu shifted her wings to push herself out, she growled a bit.

“Are you kidding me? NOW we get a damn commentary hint?!?” Ryu yelled loud enough to be heard from under her temporary grave. “You know what? Why don’t you come out here and YOU start fighting this thing, whoever you are voice.”

Ryu hated back seat fighters...honestly, it felt like something out of a video game to her. With her side bleeding, she could feel more heat come from her wound, noted by the fact her blood was corrosive. Knowing that the Aeon thing would probably try to stab her in the ground, knowing that would hurt like a bastard, Ryu pushed hard to try and get out. As she did, she started to hear whispers.

‘Oh great not now...’

‘Shame...dark...shame...’

Wait...those weren’t Veviol voices...those were undead voices. Ryu knew that there weren’t any dead bodies around though, nothing of beast except that thing they killed earlier but that had no chance of coming back to life. It took her awhile to figure it out, but that’s when she started to see roots moving upward.

‘An...a sprite?’

‘Shame...life...dark...shame...’

‘Uh...okay you go for it.’

Ryu finally used one last push to get out of the ground, having her head above and just her legs a bit sunk in. That wouldn’t be much trouble, but she saw that the sprite she had incidentally brought to life started to form a tie of grey roots and slowly crawl up it’s leg, and attack it’s sword and tie down it’s arms. It wasn’t going for it’s torso, but it seemed to be trying to immobilize the rest of it. As Ryu went to pull out her legs, she started to throw stones and such with her bladed prehensile tail as fast and hard as she could at the torso, as the commentary voice had hinted them to do. Ryu managed to get her back legs out, but her front ones were more stuck because of how her armor was fashioned, it would be harder.

“I’m starting to not like these spikes...” Ryu muttered, opening her maw and pummeling Aeon in the torso with spit fire shots, just using the force of it alone to try and make the armor shake a bit.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Cinder and Caron
Neutral
Castle Area

"Alright," Cinder said, "now that the lightning's gone we can try too--"

He was cut off as Stranger lunged forward in her own attack. She spat a torrent of flames at Aeon,and then lunged forward in an attempt to shred him. And yet, despite all of their attacks, Aeon never seemed to flinch. He simply tore out the ground below Stranger and used it to nearly bury her alive. Just then a faerie appeared and used a bow and arrow to strike Aeon's hemlet, revealing a swirling void of darkness underneath. The possessed armor merely swatted the faerie aside.

Right then it seemed to remember the existence of the brothers. It drew its broadsword, tipped with two viscious hooks, and lunged right for Caron. "What do you think you're doing?! You might have a chance at winning if you aim for the torso area of the armor!"

"Oh now you tell us." Cinder growled at the random voice that had just decided to pipe up. Stranger's fire suddenly hit Aeon, which knocked it a little off course and allowed Caron to save himself from being butchered. Cinder, however, took advantage of the distraction and lashed out with his staff, catching the hooks on the sword's blade between it. The staff wasn't scratched, it was magic, after all, and he forced the blade it the ground. "Caron!" He shouted as the armor resisted him.

Caron nodded and thrust out with his own sword. He aimed for the armor junction between the chest and the abdomen, where his sword point could slip through to the inside.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

(OOC: Sorry once again 'bout my tardiness... got sick, and then school started, and I haven't had time to post until now, haha :P If only there was more time in a day...)

Dyrikoda & Saeri
Rebel
Castle Area

Saeri's arrow hit straight and true, but though the visor shattered Aeon showed little reaction. Dyrikoda winced as the brave--but foolish--little fairy was swatted from the air. He didn't see where she landed, but even though he had only met her, the succubi hoped that she was alright. How terrible would it be if she got hurt? Or worse... Yet he didn't have too much time to worry. The Stranger's assault had been halted by the ground ripping open and swallowing her up, and now Aeon was rushing at Caron agin. The human managed to dodge the attack once more, thanks to the Stranger's distraction.

"What do you think you're doing?!" a voice spoke from nowhere, causing Dyrikoda's head to turn. "You might have a chance at winning if you aim for the torso area of the armor!"

The boy glanced around, utterly confused, while the others shot back sarcastic retorts.

“Are you kidding me? NOW we get a damn commentary hint?!?” bellowed the dragon.

"Oh now you tell us," added Cinder.

Dyrikoda, stupidly forgetting the moment, stared at them in complete bafflement. Voices randomly talking out of now where... what, did this happen to them often? Weren't they even the slightest bit unsettled, as he was? Apparently not, as they quickly suited up for another attack. Caron thrusted out with his sword while the armor thing had his blade stuck in the ground, aiming for the torso as the disembodied voice suggested. Against all odds, the dragon Stranger was rising from her pit--though a little stuck thanks to her spikes--but fired balls of flame once more.

"Okay, Dyrikoda," the succubi shook his head, trying to regain some focus. "Stop standing around and do something already."

Though he wasn't too experienced with Wind magic quite yet, he knew one little trick. Straining his brain to concentrate as hard as he could, he threw his right blade, causing it to spin like a boomerange towards the armor, aiming for the armor's back.

____

(OOC: Goll, sorry if this was rushed, but it had to be a bit ^^' So... anyway, Dyrikoda's little move there is like Strike Raid in KH, of course ^^)