Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Ties of Fate [RP]

Midnight
Medical tent outside Amberground
Neutral

Midnight grimaced "If it didn't come across that way when I just told you my whole story, I'm not an offensively skilled person, Doc." Midnight said, coming out with him and eyeing the thing warily. "I can shoot flames from my fingers and use a sword--neither of which do we think will end well with that as an opponent... But we can try." She sighed and bit the inside of her cheek, rolling her shoulders and flicking the tips of her fingers. Small jets of flames shot from them in response and she muttered to herself, trying to get her spirits to talk, see if they'd ever fought anything similar. None of them had.

Nox, Shika(NPC), and Kuuhaku(NPC)
Church of Shadows
Neutral

The three goddesses started as both Nox and Shika popped into existancew in the shadows by Kuuhaku. "What the heck was that?" Shika demanded while Nox gasped at the sight of Chaos, flinching away instinctively into Hannibal's grasp and the hellhound pulled his mistress behind him.

"Nothing good. That lead up to a freaking massive spacial distortion--I do believe it was right near my town, too..." She paused, drawing a square in the air with her fingertips that seemed to cut a hole in space and gave her an aerial view of Amberground. "Crap!" The goddess hissed in surprise, then looked to Yamada, who'd been looking over her shoulder. "Go! Tell Lloyd to get ready to mobilize our better fighters for a possible big monster attack, and standby to tell people to get the heck outta the city!" She yelled, swinging a hand and causing another rift in space that he darted through wordlessly and closed behind him.

"This is bad, bad, bad..." Nox murmured, Hannibal nodded as he looked into the space window too, cringing.

Luna and Cloud
Port Belle
Neutral

Luna yelped in surprise as the giant bird interrupted Asagi's speech and nearly took off her leg, then drew her sword, then felt a tug at her side as Cloud removed his own sword from it's sheath on her side. "I'll be taking this," murmured as he did. Luna growled at the bird and threw her hand out, muttering in a soft undertone as she did and a jet of flames shot after the bird, which screeched and just barely avoided the flames.

"Fine, we'll do it the old-fashioned way." She said, Cloud grinned widely.

"Roof-running?" He asked hopefully, Luna shrugged, glancing up to the rooptops, as a port town and the people being more wealthy here, the roofing was more solid, ans she figured it would support their weight long enough for the pair to run across them.

"Looks like a fine idea to me. Asagi, we're going to see if we can't roof-run to go after this thing, hope you don't mind." She said before turning and bounding up to the nearest house, using her momentum to give her a clean jump onto the roof, Eclipse hanging parallel to the rooftop surface. She heard Cloud just a second behind, it seemed they'd have a chance to prove their worth after all.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 12-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Ryu-Ikimono, AKA Ryu (Amongst various other nicknames)
Outside castle area apparently
Neutral

Ryu could see the six legged beast heading into clear space. That’s when she knew it was time for some of her own tricks of the trade; or in this case, tradez as she knew way too much for her own good. She would have to remain in human form just in case anything else native was around. As she dashed ever so quickly, she saw a flash of light. Ryu paused for a moment so she wouldn’t be blinded, as a dragon’s eyes were sensitive to light for various reasons. After it had passed, she heard the monster shriek, something that made a half smile creep across her face.

“They have to be something here...” She whispered in amusement. "Good."

Finally she could see the monster, noting it’s unusual form and it’s act. The flames of whoever was controlling them, they wouldn’t affect the true being, but they would harm it’s vessel, aka, what it’s form was. Kill the form, the true thing is dead as well. That’s how her knowledge of killing these things went.

Ryu came almost ten feet within the beast’s sight, and it immediately noticed her, snarling even more with it’s side dripping blood from the blade stuck between it’s ribs. Ryu stood casually, as if she was overly confident about being able to beat this creature. Really, it was just a taunting posture, and the beast was entirely turned around, flexing it’s claws in the ground, biding it’s time to strike.

“Nothing....Nothingness...come back...Nothingness...”

“I am not a part of your stupid ploy any more...now go away before I turn what you aren’t into dead.” Ryu said in a dark tone. “I will not submit.”

Those words made the beast lunge at Ryu, it completely forgetting everything about the others that caused it harm. Ryu jumped high into the air, taking out two very long, and unusual looking daggers in either of her hands. As she fell, she landed right on top of the creature’s back, landing both blades in it’s shoulders. A screech met the sky and soon Ryu found herself meeting gravity and dust and a new headache, while claws ripped into her arms through her jacket, throwing her a good fifteen feet away. The Van Helsing fashion statement recovered, coming back to her feet, looking at her torn up arms.

“Great...you made me bleed, and ruined my new favorite jacket...well the jacket is blood stained so that can be fixed.” Ryu grumbled to herself, just then realizing her very blood was starting to his and erode away the small bits of dirt on the ground around her feet.

The monster lunged and Ryu ducked, having the claws come into a boulder behind her, and getting very much stuck in the stony lump. Ryu took a few steps back, seeing that violet gas was seeping out of the wounds made in the side, and on the shoulders. The front legs could barely be used because of the daggers still stuck in the shoulders of the beast.

“You know, I could get those out before you deflate. Besides, those are mine.” She said with a hint of sarcasm, crossing her arms gingerly and pointing sassily when she said 'those'.

“Harbinger...Nothingness....BACK!” The creature roared.

Even an idiot could tell this monster was royally pissed off. That’s what Ryu wanted, anger was an emotion, and the beast was truly based around the concept of non-entity. Making it angry was basically it committing an unintentional suicide, as noticed by the seeping gases that seemed to become more pressurized with each passing moment. While it was stuck, Ryu had some time to close up her wounds before anyone would notice. Snapping her fingers and keeping her arms out of view, a black and purple flame came upon where her gashes were, burning away the blood itself and erasing the damage done to both her arms. She flinched as it happened, as burning yourself as a form of healing was not without some pain. Just as she wanted to get to repairing her jacket, hoping that it would work the same way, the stone cuffed monster broke his bracers, and started charging for his foe. Ryu only took a few steady steps backwards, almost as if she were bracing herself for impact. That’s when she turned to notice a pair of individuals behind her, not sure of there was a third.

One looked like it could have been the human version of Skullman in a read reaper outfit, only if that outfit was made on a better budget. The next looked like a caped crusader of some kind, and from where she was standing, Ryu couldn’t tell if there was a third.

“You know, I’m not doing this for show. Any help would be great right about now.” She spoke aloud.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

((My impatience has won))

Prisoner CR-12B
Amberground area
Neutral

"I don't think that will work, but we don't have time to form a full strategy before we go after that thing. If we wait any longer, it'll be to the clock tower before the guards are mobilized to fight it. We've got to go after it now; I've picked up some tricks from another mage, so I'll be able to heal your wounds while you're fighting. We can't wait any longer; we have to distract it now or the town is going to take heavy damage from the fighting with the casualties; let's go!" CR-12B said, the outline of the huge clock tower in the center of the port visible in a brilliant bronze blaze against the mid morning sun, the four buildings of the capitol complex surrounding it. He didn't want to think about what would happen if that thing got into the city proper; they had to stop it.

To change the course of life, He thought, drawing a syringe from his bag and filling it with a sickly green liquid. He was able to quickly sneak up on the monster and jab the needle deep into its thigh, injecting whatever it was into its bloodstream. In as much time as it took for him to withdraw half way, however, the monster howled in pain and turned to face the direction the ailment came from. It definitely saw them now. With a mighty roar that described its intent for revenge, the monster lumbered forward to attack Midnight and her new found companion. Well... better us than the entire city. Let's hope we can stand up to this thing and survive...

Asagi Hokkaido
Port Belle
Neutral

"Hey, bird, pick on someone your own size!" Asagi called out, seeing the bird picking a new target in the form of a plump couple who hadn't noticed they were now the main course on a giant vulture's menu. A bolt of blue lightning flew from her hand and blasted the giant black bird as it came in to feed on its new targets. "Fly away from the couple that eats well!" She yelled, apparently alerting the portly pair to their problem and sending them fleeing. The bird took the bolt of lightning and was knocked from the sky, landing on its chest but quickly righting itself and taking flight again. A blue fireball was quick to follow it, this time catching the right with and bringing the bird crashing back down.

Each one of the huge monster's wings had fallen on the line of houses down either side of this nice little street, the blue fire on its back keeping it down for a few seconds. Hopefully, long enough for Luna and her ungroomed friend to do some damage to it before it could take flight again. "I've got your back; I'll bring it down, you cut it to ribbons!" Asagi called out, grinning. The monster seemed to be resistant to magic, but she could still knock it out of the sky long enough for Luna and Cloud to get in a few hits. She didn't want to open fire on the bird at this range; if she missed, she could end up shooting someone innocent and hurting them. Better to stick to what she was doing now.

???
Chongsu Peak
???

The sky flashed a blood red color moments before a massive serpent erupted from the snow, roaring in fury at the human-like creature before it. The serpent made a charge from its hole, spewing fire from its mouth and trying to ram its target, tail swinging as though it were a massive flail, bent on turning the young humanoid creature into a snack for later. Or perhaps for now; one could never be sure the intentions of serpents when hungered, as no one had even seen a serpent hungry and lived to tell of it. Least ways, not one who had the desire to write about such an event.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:06 AM
Winter Offline

Midnight
Amberground area
Neutral

"Doc!" Midnight moaned, turning and throwing her hand full length out behind her--towards the monster, causing a massive amount of flame to explode from her fingers into the air behind her while she slammed into CR-12B, making him move. "Did you have to make it mad? Ugh, yes--I know, all right!? I get it, this is not keeping you guys protected, but guess what? I'm trying here!" She snapped, half to the doctor and half to the spirits now yellowing in her head loud enough to make her have a nasty time concentrating. The fire, as she had predicted, hadn't done much damage. The angry creature kept going, and it was going to outrun them, even if they made a break for it. Not good, really not good. Midnight flinched and tried to drag CR-12B anyway, firing off a massive shot from her fingers again to try and distract the thing the doctor had made mad. And though of trying to pray again, then quickly ruled it out, the last time she'd supposedly done that, her memory had ended up erased and she had eight other voices in her head.

Luna and Cloud
Port Belle
Neutral

Luna and Cloud jumped into the bird's back as Asagi's fire downed it, Luna letting loose an overhead downward swing as she did and Cloud opting simply to stab it using all the dowaward pull of gravity to drive the stab deeper than it normally would have gone. There was no telling what kind of damage they'd do, they were both powerful, but this thing obviously wasn't a rabbit, either.

OOC: I'll leave the outcome to you, 'Niisama. BTW, you gonna address the problem amongst the gods?

Old 12-04-2010, 04:43 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Cinder and Caron
Outside castle area
Neutral

Well, this had certainly gotten interesting. Cinder had been readying a fireball to throw at the monster when a woman jumped out right in front of him and started battling the beast. It startled him enough that he thankfully missed the both of them and ended up incinerating a tree instead. "What the-?" Caron muttered, more shocked than anything. The woman looked like the type of chick who randomly walked around the city or woods to beat the living hell out of whatever needed to have the living hell beaten out of them.

She seemed to be a good fighter, and the twins watched in amazement as the woman and the beast fought each other fiercely. "Should we help them?" Caron asked uneasily as the woman stabbed with her daggers but ended up injured in the process.

Cinder narrowed his eyes a little. "I don't think so, you might end up hurting yourself instead." He answered, but nonetheless he allowed his aura to flare until he was outlined in a dark red light that pulsed like a heartbeat.

As the battle progressed, it became obvious that the woman knew exactly what she was dealing with. By a clever trick she had managed to get her opponent stuck in a boulder, and as if tried to free itself she was obviously doing something about the injuries she had suffered. Right afterwards the monster broke free and lunged for her. She took a few steps back, and then seemed to finally notice their existence. “You know, I’m not doing this for show. Any help would be great right about now.” She said to them hurriedly.

Cinder raised and eyebrow. "You seemed to have it well under control," he said before rasing his hand and letting his aura come into full light. He shouted a string of words and suddenly a spear of ice appeared next to him, made from compressed water molecules in the air that were then frozen. With a flick of his wrist he sent it flying into the beast while it was in mid-leap; it hit the thing in the ribcage, probably not in the heart but still enough to knock it back. While it was down Caron ran forward and brought his sowrd down in an arc, opening up a deep wound in the creature's side. Then he noticed the gases that had been seeping out of the thing. "What is that?!" He demanded, backing away a little.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 12-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Ryu-Ikimono, AKA Ryu (Amongst various other nicknames)
Outside castle area
Neutral

"You seem to have it well under control."

Right...well this guy at least isn't the cliche damsel in distress kind...

Ryu just stood back as a large javelin of ice impaled the beast, stopping it in it's tracks and throwing it back a good seven or eight feet. Ryu stood with her arms crossed, not really impressed but nodded her head anyway. What ended up working, ended up working. It tried to get up, using it's working limbs to try and pull what it was calling 'the damned thing' out. It screeched and writhed around, unable to pull it out. Ryu still stood there, knowing something else was going to happen. Sure enough, the lone knight looking guy came and made a huge slice in the creature's side. At that point, Ryu started to walk forward, seeing the gasses seep out of it fast.

This was her time to stop playing around, as queued by the abrupt and demanding question from the cutter who made it start spilling it's gaseous guts. Luckily instinct told him to move back, as that was what she wanted to do.

"Yeah keep backing up...you don't want to be in that." She stated in a very serious tone.

Ryu walked up to the beast and stared at it, watching it slowly die and deflate. It stared at her with a piercing death glare that was nothing compared to what she was used to. It didn't even breathe, it knew it's charade was up. All it could do was growl and snarl at those that inflicted it harm.

"Never escape...never...always the nothing..."

"Oh shut up and just go to hell already."

Ryu pulled her dagger's out of the back of the monster's back and it's escaping gasses started to hiss. Ryu was immune to their effect, but anyone else nearby would if they were in contact with it for a little while. It wouldn't be a problem as soon as Ryu got rid of it. As Ryu put her daggers away where she had gotten them from, the monster started to dissipate into nothing, purple and black mist seeming to slither everywhere.

'An ominous veil
where voices are void,
emptiness and nothing
reside in ruling
requisitions of will,
emotions repulsed,
now null and hollow.'

"I will not submit..." Ryu said before the creature finally disappeared out of sight.

The fogging gas started to move towards whatever was moving towards them. Ryu looked at it, as if it were some living thing. She put one hand up to it, letting her ragged sleeves flop around in an annoying manner. She muttered something in her own language, though she made it loud and clear to the mist. After repeating herself over and over, it finally vanished just as the creature had. Putting her arm down, as if the chanting had tired her. After a second, she looked at her sleeves with an unhappy look on her face.

"Great, I just got this coat...anyone of you could tell me where this is, and where the nearest tailor is?" She asked as if nothing out of the ordinary happened. "I am not fond of the hack and slashed look."
Old 12-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Prisoner CR-12B
Amberground area
Neutral

"Neurotoxin," He explained, giving his own assistance in the way of pulling Midnight out of the way of the tree as the monster brought it down, managing to catch the lanky doctor and leave a fairly large gash on his cheek. Better him than her, he supposed. "It'll be slowed down significantly as soon as the neurotoxin takes effect, then we'll be able to hopefully hold it off. I was under the impression it would take a bit longer to react because of this creature's body mass," He finished, preparing himself to dodge another attack. He thought it a bit strange that she suddenly broke off from speaking to him to speaking with no one he could see. They weren't too different after all.

The monster gave a roar of pain as fire rolled across its stomach, leaving light burns against the thick skin and hurting it, but otherwise not doing much damage except in the area around the neck. It gave another roar as it tried to step forward, apparently finding it very difficult and painful to move its legs all of a sudden. Excellent, that meant the neurotoxin had taken effect. "Midnight, it looks like the skin around the neck is more sensitive to your magic than the rest of the body; try aiming there," CR-12B suggested, waiting to see what would happen next.

Asagi Hokkaido
Port Belle
Neutral

The giant bird screeched in agony at the wounds inflicted, but pain apparently wasn't enough to stop it. The massive beast's beak darted down after Cloud as soon as the lycan had finished his attack, apparently aiming to impale him on the beak. Asagi couldn't tell if it got in a hit or not, but the monster quickly retreated into the sky, black blood dripping from the opened wounds. The bird screeched before unleashing a torrent of lightning from its body down at its attackers, swooping down after the attack and attempting to dive-bomb Luna and Cloud. This could get really bad, really fast, especially since the thing seemed to be mad now. Asagi was able to avoid the bolt of lightning aimed at her, but the broken stones of the path weren't anywhere near as easy, and she found herself pinned half under a fairly large chunk of masonry. It didn't feel like anything was broken, but she wouldn't be able to push it off herself, and she was practically an open target right now if the giant bird decided to come after her.

"Damn it... this hero stuff is harder than I thought it'd be," She said to herself, feeling her leg bleeding under the rubble. She'd have to fix that when she was out from under here, but the wound felt fairly shallow. Asagi figured she would be fine so long as the fight didn't drag on too much longer. She freed her right arm from beneath the rubble and sent another bolt of blue lightning at the bird, catching it right in the tail feathers and knocking it off course, causing it to collide with the buildings on one side of the street and slide a fair ways from the momentum of its dive bomb. "Ngh... Hey, you two try not to take too much longer on that thing, okay?"

((Oh no, you guys aren't getting off that easily!))

Solaris Harribel
Castle area
Neutral

"We've found her!" Came a male voice from behind the group.
"Found her, we have!" Cried another voice, female. The pair, a fair ways away from the group, were dressed very oddly, both of them in robes of contrasting colors, the woman in dark blue and the man in dark red, both of the outfits calling to mind magicians. They were instantly recognizable as a pair; Relgam and Saffron, a pair of psuedo-heroes who worked for the royal family as magicians, which they were arguably more well known for magic than their work. Relgam wore a hat over his black hair, while Saffron let her red hair flow down her back.

"Relgam and Saffron...?" Solaris started, not having expected her family to have sent those two after her. They were more likely to 'accidentally' burn her instead of bringing her back. Saffron's emerald eyes sparkled, and Relgam grinned.

"We've come to take you back to the castle, Solaris," Relgam chimed, seeming all too pleased with himself.
"And we were told not to take any 'no's from you or whoever you decided to employ," Saffron continued, not leaving much pause between their statements. Their apparent ability to read each others minds had always been rather disturbing, but the two using similar tones just made it that much more frightening.

"I-I'm not going back to the castle!" Solaris said, not noticing the fight ending behind her. Relgam and Saffron laughed, somehow thinking the defiance funny. "S-stop laughing at me! I'm not going back!"

"That's why it's funny, Solaris; you keep lying to us when we already told you," Saffron started this time, still giggling.
"We won't take any 'no's from you or your servants," Relgam finished, crossing his arms behind his back. "Wait, I think I got that wrong. What was it she called them back at the castle, Saffron?"
"She called them 'Traveling Companions' on the way out of town, Relgam!" Saffron answered, laughing, the two obviously not caring that they were blatantly insulting two of the other three people there.

"Stop it! J-just go back where you came from!" Solaris said, looking to be near tears. It was bad enough they were making fun of her, they didn't have to drag her traveling partners into it, too.

"Oh, that's quite impossible," Relgam said, grinning even wider.
"We were paid in advance, you see," Saffron continued, sharing her counterpart's grin.
"So why don't you come along with us and leave these fools here?" Relgam kept on, his red eyes showing obvious enjoyment in egging her on like this.
"You should be glad it was us; Virgil was the other option they chose to find you," Saffron said, shrugging. "But maybe you're in to the long coat anti-heroes."
"Would you like him better? Should we go back and get him instead?" Relgam taunted.

"Urgh, I was being serious on that one, Relgam," Saffron grumbled, looking a bit annoyed.
"Were you? It's not quite efficient of us to get someone else to do our work for us," Relgam replied, giving an apologetic shrug.
"Either way, you're coming with us," Saffron said, directing her comment at Solaris.

Solaris retreated behind Cinder and Caron. She didn't trust her own abilities enough to fight those two; they were in the employ of her family for a reason, after all. Their magic skills far surpassed hers, and worse they also had experience fighting. "Please, don't let them take me back. I'll do anything you ask, just don't let them take me back there..." She begged, electing annoyed looks from Relgam and Saffron.

"You're sure a bother for an escort job," Relgam said, rolling his eyes.
"What a pain in the ass you're being; why don't you be a good little girl and just come with us?" Saffron grumbled, hands on her hips.
"Heh, it looks like we made the peons mad, Saffron. I wonder if they're gonna attack?" Relgam taunted, a vicious grin coming. This would be fun.

((Yes, I expect you to fight them.))

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 12-04-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Cinder and Caron
Outside Harribel Castle
Neutral

It seemed that the beast was now taken care of. Their new arrival (whose name they still didn't know) seemed very nonchalant over the whole thing and was more worried about her coat than anything. In fact, she asked them where she could fix it the moment the creature was gone.

Caron opened his mouth to answer her, but he was suddenly interuppted by shouting. The twins turned to see two magicians running up to them, one male and one female. "Oh, who the hell are these freaks?" Cinder muttered irritably, glaring at them. The question was rhetorical however, he knew exactly who these two were. If they were the famed magicians of theroyal family, then they were a pretty darn good impersonation.

Solaris on the other hand had a completely different reaction. She seemed terrified of the two, yet defiant. "We've come to take you back to the castle, Solaris," the one called Relgam declared happily. The two seemed all too happy to torment the woman.

The twins exchanged looks. If Solaris was a mere maid, as she had told them, then why would the royal family send two magicians out just to bring her back? They listened wordlessly as the three bickered back and forth, the two magicians arrogant and condescending, Solaris scared and yet defiant. Cinder already hated the two, and he began use his boot to scratch a rune into the dirt of the road. He ignored the three for the moment, but he was interuppted when Solaris cowered behind him and his brother. She looked at them pleadingly. "Please, don't let them take me back," she whispered. "I'll do anything you ask, just don't let them take me back there..."

Caron laid a hand on her shoulder reassuringly, then looked up at the magicians. He noticed that Cinder's's jaw had grown hard, and he could tell from his eyes that Cinder was actually going to help Solaris. It shocked him, Cinder never did anything so generous for people. Suddenly the rune Cinder was drawing was completely, and a protective shield sprang up in front of the group. "The way I see it is, the girl obviously doesn't want to go with you, so why don't you leave her alone?" Cinder asked caustically, readying himself for another fight.

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Ryu Ikimono, AKA Ryu amongst various other nicknames
Outside Castle Area
Neutral

Ryu was fidgeting over the tears in her jacket when something came to the attention of her ears. She looked over, noticing that the third person she thought was there was in fact there. One was in dark blue, the other in dark red. She immediately thought ‘cliche twins’ with a bad attitude, and from what she heard, that assumption wasn’t far off. She stood and watched for a second, mulling over if she should actually help or just go find the tailor that she didn’t know the location of.

She started walking at a step every two seconds, listening patiently and carefully. By the sounds of their voices, they didn’t sound like good news. At least they weren’t VV denizens after her like the monster before. Fools? Wow, quick on the insult draw. Anti-hero? That was slightly more accurate for her description. Paid in advance, this was some weird place, magicians for hire? No something definitely not sit with her. Especially those forcing them to go somewhere against their will. Ryu had way too much experience with that.

She wasn’t sure who this Solaris was, or who these twins, Relgam and Saffron if she remembered correctly, but so far, if these two had a creepy speech habit, contrasting robe colours, and being pushy, that always spelt ‘b-a-d n-e-w-s’. She also heard some scratching and looked down at the ground. One of them was scratching something in the ground...that meant something was bound to happen, as it didn’t look like fidgeting nervously to her.

After that pain in the ass comment, Ryu knew it was a good time to chime in with her own words.

“I dunno about this peon business...but make note that I am the pain in the ass to worry about here.” Ryu commented in a casual way, shaking her head and walking in such a way it looked almost pristine. “And yeah, I’d take the advice of the red reaper over here and just move along.”

Ryu was so bold as to put one of her hands on either of the two stranger’s shoulders for a moment and lean in close. “You wouldn’t like to have those pretty robes of yours all torn up. They look expensive.”

Ryu took a few steps back, as she was outside the shield that the sorcerer had put up. She wasn’t going to need it. If push came to shove, she could always bring herself back to life, though it would be very complicated if she had to come to that. So instead, she would have to do her best in human form. She didn’t have the same stamina as she normally had, but she still had her superior strength and agility.

“You wouldn’t want to make me angry. You wouldn’t like it.” Ryu mused in a serious and almost dark tone. “If you want her so bad, you’re gonna have to go through a few people it seems, then a couple more. I count as a few.”

Ryu really did count as a few because of how many forms she had, also her necromancy to help her, but again, she hoped she didn’t have to use them to avoid complications.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Winter Offline

Midnight
Amberground area
Neutral

Midnight let out a soft growl, tilting her head and looking at the man sideways, as it it would give her a better understanding of him--it didn't. "Great, you're bleeding. And you expect me to hit that thing in the neck long enough to really hurt it? Jeez, you're demanding." She smiled slightly at the last part and stepped back, holding her palm out to face the monster and shot fire some more, the monster roared loudly in pain, making her cringe.

"What the heck am I doing?" She whispered to herself, the spirits in her were repelled by the idea of fighting the monster rather than running, which was going to make her job difficult, it seemed.

Luna and Cloud
Port Belle
Neutral

"CLOUD!" The word came out of Luna's mouth as a sharp scream as the monster dove for her friend, aiming to impale him. Cloud wasn't stupid, but he wasn't the fastest, either, not in h man form. It clipped his shoulder as he dove for the ground, Luna running to his aid, shoving her sword in the ground to attract the lightning and hurling fire into the bird's face as it tried to dive-bomb them, making the idea for it to attack them a bad one. It then decided to go after Asagi, who was pinned down by rubble, it appeared.

"I'll be fine, help Asagi and kill that bird before it hurts anyone else." He told her, Luna gave him a pained look and took his broadsword, then darted off. She let out a loud snarl that seemed uncharacteristic coming from her mouth. She muttered something and flames shot from her hands again, engulfing some of the bird's feathers in flames and drawing it's attention away from Asagi. "All right, you've made me mad, and making a lycan like me mad is not a smart idea. You wanna kill me and I wanna kill you, so let's get this over with, all right?" She said loudly before rushing down the street and jumping.

She wasn't human, she was lycan, and her abilities showed as much. The bird was close to the ground anyway, Luna landed softly on the creature's back before it realized what shed done, and stabbed it down with all the force she could put behind it, and the broadsword wasn't as heavy as Eclipse.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Solaris Harribel
Castle area
Neutral

"We're absolutely terrified," Saffron said in a tone dripping with sarcasm.
"Absolutely quaking in our boots," Relgam continued the sentence, not missing a beat. The effect was unnerving.
"That is, if you weren't making yourself look like a complete idiot, kid."
"Did you even think about one word of that before you said it?"
"You're making yourself sound like a villain in a poorly written story," Solaris and Relgam said in turn, obviously not impressed with the strange woman's pseudo-introduction. What happened next would have been hard to tell from some angles, but a rod appeared in Relgam's left hand, firing off a beam of powerful blue energy, sending the woman flying into and through the barrier Cinder had called up, though the attack had obviously been to move them out of the way by the fact that the worst damage done was maybe a few hairs out of place in terms of what had been physically done.

"And in any case, you idiots don't even know who it is you're effectively kidnapping, do you? Must be pretty important if the Royal Mages got called in to fix it, don't you think? Just how small are those brains of yours that you still have absolutely no idea?" The two said, flipping from one to the next to the point where they must have been reading the other's minds... or something similarly frightening. "Oh well. You idiots can figure it out on your own, considering you can think a bit better than you can cast magic. Now unless you want us to really get serious, give the girl up or the three of you are going to end up as a thin layer of red paste on the ground!"

"Why am I so important?" Solaris demanded, though her voice was no less terrified than it had been a moment ago. "It's not like I ever did anything important enough to warrant you two coming after me."

"Point taken and noted, But we honestly don't care; Someone at the castle wants you back bad enough to pay us, So why not help them out a little, eh?" The two taunted, obviously not caring for the mage and weird woman Relgam had blasted back so viciously. This would probably be bad for them if the two decided to fight seriously.

((Blargh, I'll edit in posts for everyone else when I get up in the morning; in a hurry.))

Asagi Hokaido
Port Belle
Neutral

The bird was struck dead by Luna's blow, though the creature attempted to lift off and was only forced onto its back by the force of the strike, thankfully avoiding any injuries by being crushed by the corpse of a giant bird. Asagi cheered from under the rubble, catching a lungfull of dust moments afterward and cough somewhat violently. "I'm okay... I'm okay... You did it, Luna! Great job! Really, I never would have been able to take that thing down on my own... urk... B-but could you get me out from under here now? The rubble's... crushing my legs... among other things..."

CR-12B
Amberground area
Neutral

"I'm more concerned about holding the monster off than killing it. No offense to your fighting skills, but I doubt the two of us could do any major damage to that thing, much less kill it," CR-12B explained, noticing someone coming from the direction of the port. As he spoke, he played distraction for the monster, his white coat apparently being more enticing than Midnight's red one. "We just had to keep it occupied until the port was able to mobilize some kind of defense against it. And don't worry about me; I'm a fair bit tougher than I look, and I'm sure I can heal my own wounds if I get more than this."

Noir
Church of shadows
Neutral

Noir gave a questioning look to Shika before gesturing to Chaos, drawing the god of discord's attention to her. He snorted and grumbled something under his breath, most likely expressing his anger at her not coming at his own summons. Noir had essentially asked in the kindest way possible for Shika to heal Chaos. That was merely the way Noir did things; he would speak to Nox if she spoke to him, but he rarely spoke to others. His gesturing was almost akin to getting on his knees and begging her to heal Chaos. As if to emphasize this, he even spoke to her. "Heal him," He said, his tone making what would normally have been an order be a simple request. Noir was a man of few words, but a master of those he used.

"Hrumph, you took your sweet time while I was writing in pain," Chaos grumbled, his arms crossed and not looking too pleased. His skin was a lot paler than before, and it was an unhealthy shade as well. That a deity could appear to be dieing was in and of itself disconcerting, much less the god of discord falling to such a thing. "Just heal me so I can go do my job; I accidentally let loose some monsters that shouldn't have gotten out thanks to you taking so long, and I have to go round them up before someone ends up hurt."

((Blegh))

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 12-08-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Winter Offline

Midnight
Amberground area
Neutral

"Just because you can heal yourself doesn't mean you should have to." Midnight told him adamantly, pausing in her shooting of flames as her energy almost smashed rock bottom. "And I can no longer play flamethrower--I'm out of energy." She said tiredly, moving to try and pull out her sword, but she was interrupted by a snarl and a huge white blur slamming into the monster, followed by a bright flash and explosion, she lifted her arm to shield her eyes, and when she dropped it, a massive long-limbed lion with colorless fur stood crouched before her before it blurred and shifted into the form of a humanoid...thing. It had the appearance of a young man mostly, although his limbs seemed stretched beyond normal human limits, and his hands were larger than human average, with long spindly fingers. His angular face was framed by a literally colorless wild mane of hair and his skin lacked much pigment as well. The monster roared, drawing her attention to it, now lying on it's side and struggling to get back up, light gashes across it's chest and an expanse of skin covered in more burn marks.

"Neon!" The man shouted, "Another one!" Midnight turned her head in time to see a figure in black hurl something through the air, then another flash and bang.

"Dang it Hyde!" A faint voice shouted as the black figure ran closer, revealing a young woman with hair as black as her intermingled with bright green streaks and bright green eyes, holding down a blue messenger hat on her head, blue jacket flapping open over a black shirt and black tight-fitting pants with brown boots. "You're going to be the death of me, pulling stunts like that! Is it dead or down?" She asked, giving a sideways glance to the other two, but quickly seeming to rule them out of importance at the moment.

"Dunno. Flash blinded my good eye." The young man answered roughly, rubbing at his left eye stubbornly.

Luna and Cloud
Port Belle
Neutral

Luna sighed, pulling Cloud's sword out of the bird's body and going to Asagi slowly. "Thanks, but it's really tiring." She replied softly, digging at and rolling off the rubble from the woman and sitting down on a big chunk when she was done. Cloud had managed to patch up his arm amateurishly and joined them, looking at Asagi.

"Are you hurt badly?" He asked gently, seeming to ignore the bird corpse and the fact Luna was still holding his bloody sword.

Nox, Shika(NPC), and Kuuhaku(NPC)
Church of Shadows
Neutral

Nox stayed quiet while Shika began tending to Chaos with a bit of a frown. "I've never seen this before... I honestly don't know how I might even begin..." The goddess murmured, Nox bit her lip.

"Somewhere, obviously." Hannibal snapped, saying what she wouldn't. Shika's eyes flashed dangerously, but she said nothing.

OOC: Meh.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Ryu-Ikimono, AKA Ryu and Currently, 'Stranger'
Neutral
Castle Area

The next thing Ryu knew was that she was sent in the other direction and into something remotely solid. It felt like a ram hit her in the chest, which wasn’t much for her at the moment to call anything serious. The first thing she did was figure out where to swing her momentum in order to get up in one move. Finding the right point, she swung her legs over her head and did a reverse tumble to get back on her feet, and stop herself not too far from the person these ‘terrible twins’ were after. She cleared her throat and stood up straight.

“A sharp tongue doesn’t think about what it has to say as it doesn’t have to, and no, I ain’t no kid by human standards in age. Been living probably a few hells of a lot longer than you two.” Ryu commented. “Your sarcasm needs work too. Royal Mages? That means nothing to me because frankly I don’t care who you are.”

Ryu bruhed herself off, listening to the twins of lack luster terror give some crazy synchronized speech about how they were idiots, they would turn them into red paste. Like Ryu hadn’t seen this before or heard these types of insults before. Hell, she got those everyday. Twins talking at the same tim in the same words, that was so five hundred years ago.

“Yeah...you talk a big there. Small brains? Looks like you two need to share one to form your own speech. I don’t know who she is, but you have no idea who or what I am. As you said, I am a villain of sorts, but that’s forced upon me. If you’re really all that powerful, you could tell how much power I have confided within the bounds of my body. Yet, here you are, throwing your mouths off and suffocating us with your huge ass ego that you so kindly hit me with a few seconds ago.”

Ryu was aware of what exactly she was saying. However she knew what powers she was capable, of, even if most of them were involuntary and something she didn’t like. If this went as she was expecting, she just might of needed to use her own necromancy powers on herself. She was ready for a fight, well more so than usual because she had a good warning shot. From that, she could guess what kind of power these two weirdo’s had in them. It was something Ryu could tank out, that is, if she needed to.

“Why not help you out? Seems you already made your point. I could tell you weren’t being serious before, as I couldn’t take you seriously. Thin layer of red paste? Oh, you’re going to turn us into jam? I know for a fact that no one has been able to keep me dead for more than a minute. Not here anyway.” Ryu continued, summoning her chain clade broadsword that was just as big as her in human form, and looked entirely too heavy for her frame.

The blade radiated a dark aura, and runes were etched into each piece of the blade. Inside the blade itself was the massive serpent demon called Aldvir that Ryu was only talking to moments ago. Aldvir didn’t like there two, and wanted to show them a good lesson in respect and pain. The weapon itself kept the serpent demon from view, and there was only one thing that could break her out. Perhaps these two twins would do exactly that and really get what was coming to them. She almost wished she hadn’t killed off the monster beforehand so quickly. That thing would have eaten these two for a noon snack.

“Hey, red reaper and crusader guy. I’ll stick around with you two until you can find me that tailor.” Ryu remarked to the two of them. “For now, looks like we’re playing keep away. Just call me 'Stranger' for now.”

With that, Ryu snapped her fingers then vanished into a puff of black smoke. She reappeared far above the delinquent duo, using her shadow jump entry from the shadow of a near by oak, and threw her sword out between them; dark energy blazed between each part of the blade as it extended and lashed out like the snake anomaly that possessed it.

OOC: It. Is. ON.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Dyrikoda & Saeri
Rebel
Castle Countryside

Who exactly am I looking for, again? Dyrikoda sighed, resting beneath the canopy of a lone elm. For the moment, he was alone, but he was suppose to do--what was it called? Reconnaissance? Something like that. Anyway, someone with information from the castle was suppose to meet up with him at some point. So far, they hadn't shown up, and Dyrikoda was getting restless. Though he was a rebel, it wasn't exactly dangerous for him to be so close to the Castle. He was a Dragon Succubi, a race currently neutral to the Harribel kingdom. Nobody would really care that he was around, and as far as he knew, nobody knew that he was aligned with the rebels. That was probably why he had been picked for this, but...

Dyrikoda didn't really feel much thrill to it. In fact, he felt rather useless to the Rebels. He was just a kid...

"Hey, kid!" a sudden, almost shrill voice broke though his thoughts. "Wake up, already!"

Dyrikoda snapped upright, yellow eyes alert. He looked left and right, but couldn't identify the source of the voice.

"Down here, you dolt!" the voice piped again, before muttering something like, "why are the cute one's always so dense?"

The Succubi finally lowered his gaze to his boot, where the mysterious speaker revealed herself--all six inches. Standing on the ground, peering around his boot, was a green-hued fairy.

"You're... a fairy?" Dyrikoda said lamely, blinking.

"No, you dork, I'm a fifty-foot-fire-breathing dragon," the little creature rolled her eyes with a scowl. "What do you think I am? Now tell me, did Ryder send you?"

He didn't answer for a moment, but he recognized the name of his leader. "Y-yes? Who are you?"

"Saeri, but that's not important," with her dragonfly wings, she flitted up onto his knee. "Let's get down to business, okay? There's been a bit of a stir up at the big house; and apparently some fancy-pants Royal Mages were sent out on a hunt or something. Big stuff, but I don't got any of the juicy details. But whatever they're after, it's gotta be important--a smart opportunity for the rebels, I think."

"The Royal Mages?" Dyrikoda repeated, frowning thoughtfully.

"Shh! Not so loud!" the Saeri hissed, glancing around fearfully. "Ya gotta be more careful, kid. Never know who might be--"

Dyrikoda stiffened, interrupting her before she could finish, "Do you hear that?"

"What? I didn't hear anything...," the fairy gave him a strange look.

The boy stared off into the distance, listening carefully with his pointed ears. Without another word, he got up onto his feet and started running.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Saeri demanded impatiently, but she didn't get an answer. With a growl, she took to the air and followed behind him, wherever he was going off to.

After drawing closer to the road, the boy finally pulled up on the breaks. He caught his breath as he almost raced into the view of travelers, but quickly dived behind a rock to avoid detection--not that that was difficult. They were all fighting some cat-like monster, making the ruckus that Dyrikoda had picked up on before. While he was willing to jump in and lend a helping hand, everything seemed under control. Soon, the monster was dispatched.

"Sheeee-oot," Saeri whistled on his shoulder, having watched the battle beside him the whole time. "What a fight! If I could have gotten in there--"

Dyrikoda lifted up his hand, silencing her quickly. This wasn't over yet. Before the group had time for a breather, two strangers walked up to them, brightly dressed in what had to be Royal Garb.

"Hey! Those are the guys!" Saeri's little eyes grew wide. "Right there! What the heck?"

"Really?" Dyrikoda whispered back, as loud as he dared. A sense of excitement was bubbling up in him. If these were those guys, then... he find out what they're looking for! And if he brought back whatever that was to the rebels, then he'd sure gain some fame! This was what he was waiting for--a big break to prove himself to those guys! Grinning to himself, Dyrikoda listened in, trying to glean whatever information he could.

The more he heard, however, the more uncertain he grew. He had been imagining that perhaps these two mages were looking for some mystical artifact, or a treasure of sorts. But apparently, they were just looking for some girl.

"And in any case, you idiots don't even know who it is you're effectively kidnapping, do you? Must be pretty important if the Royal Mages got called in to fix it, don't you think? Just how small are those brains of yours that you still have absolutely no idea?" the duo spoke together, switching to and fro as if they were connected at the brain.

Dyrikoda's eyes drifted over to the girl they had been talking to... someone named, Solaris. Kidnapping, huh? Whoever she was, she must be important...

Things turned ugly quick as the mages brought out the ugly side of one of the fighters. The woman who had fought so powerfully before suddenly brought out a massive sword, one that Dyrikoda could hardly believe she could carry. Its darkened blade writhed with menacing shadows, almost seeming eager to maim the mages who had dared insult its master.

“Hey, red reaper and crusader guy. I’ll stick around with you two until you can find me that tailor.” the strange woman said to her companions. “For now, looks like we’re playing keep away. Just call me 'Stranger' for now.”

Dyrikoda wasn't quite sure what happened next, but after the woman snapped her fingers, she disappeared. Then, all too suddenly, she was there--throwing her sword between the duo as dark fingers raced from its edges, lashing out like snakes.

At the sight of that, the boy was ready to high-tail it out of there, rebels or no rebels. But Saeri, of course, wasn't at all discouraged.

"All, right! Another fight!" she said triumphantly, running her hands up her arms like she was pulling up sleeves. "I'm gettin' in on this one."

"Wait, Saeri!" Dyrikoda tried to stop her, but wasn't quick enough.

She flew out into plain sight, "You two royal bozos better clear outta my turf or I'm gonna unleash a can of whoop on ya!"

Without waiting for a response of any sort, Saeri used her Nature magic to bring the oak (whose shadow the Stranger used) to live. The great tree writhed and brought down its branches, aiming for Relgam.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

((Becuse I'm lame, I thought I had already posted. I guess I didn't. DX ))

Cinder and Caron
Neutral
Castle Area

The twins exchanged glances, Cinder with a raised eyebrow and Caron frowning. They weren't exactly troubled by the threats of the magicians, they had fought things far scarier than magicians in their years out mercenary service. However, it was obvious that no matter how things went, things were going to get destructive. With Solaris in the way, she might get hurt. Not to mention Stranger was a wild card, and they had no idea what she would do.

When Stranger was thrown through Cinder's barrier, he wasn't too shocked. That barrier was more for magical attacks anyway, and more or less a deterent. Before the twins could respond, Stranger got up and well... she unleashed a rant on the two magicians that most definitely made Cinder proud. He constantly had to fight a smile down. As a wonderful finish, she drew out a huge sword that she should have not been able to pick up, and yet she did. The blade was covered in runes, which Cinder peered at in interest.

“Hey, red reaper and crusader guy," the woman said, obviously speaking to them. "I’ll stick around with you two until you can find me that tailor. For now, looks like we’re playing keep away. Just call me 'Stranger' for now.”

"Red reaper?" Cinder remarked, raising an unamused eyebrow.

"Crusader guy?" Caron echoed, smiling in amusement.

There was no chance for them to get an answer though, for Stranger instantly vanished and reappeared above the heads of the magicians. Right then the time for talk ended, and the twins quickly reacted. Cinder placed a hand on Caron's arm, allowing both of their auras to come into existence. Caron swung his sword, and a massive arc of red and orange energy formed on his blade and spread out, ripping up the ground as it passed. Then Cinder, his aura still flaring, spread out his ahnds and called up wizard's fire, which was a magical fire that burned hotter than regular flames and left nothing behind. The dark red flames spread out in a ring that surrounded the duo, and Cinder watched as a tree suddenly came to life and also attacked Relgam. So the very forces of Nasture were helping them too?

((Rushed, because people keep yelling at me. ;_; ))

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
How original.
-Peter Pan
----