Don’t look up. It’s like... looking makes it come. Like it knows it’s expected. Just don’t look up – you don’t need to. You’ll know if it’s there. Everything goes dark. Pirates, thieves, gypsies, nomads, whatever they call themselves, the people on that ship, they’ll come down and take your pokemon. They’re worse than Team Rocket – hell, they probably own Team Rocket by now. By the time you see the shadow, it’ll be too late. Call the cops, but it won’t do you much good. They’ll be just as scared as you. Fend them off if you dare. If you can. But once you start a battle you can’t stop. No forfeits. Win or lose in a fight for your own pokemon. They’re everywhere, nowadays, those ships, all working against each other, competing for favors with any crime syndicate who will purchase their plunder. And they’re doing a damn good job. They’ve got these sails like long balloons, like old zeppelins, but the ship underneath is all technology. Long and thin and narrow, with elegant fins. Veins of energy shining saffron at night. Moving silent as a ghost. And of course that unmistakable shadow. The one you want to watch out for, though, is the small one. The one with the cloud-white sails and the sun-gold keel, home to pirates unmatched, pokemon unrivaled. That skyship’s shadow creeps along the ground, devouring cars, streets, skyscrapers, drawing screams up from the well of every city. If you see that great shadow sliding, you run. Run as fast as you can. You don’t want to be caught beneath the shadow of the Dunsparce.
Lately, though, winds haven’t been fair for the Dunsparce. Trainers are getting smarter. Their pokemon are getting stronger. And Team Rocket, pride bruised, is driving a harder bargain than ever. With the late Captain’s death, the crew dissolved into prison or hiding under the focused efforts of their enemies, and the ship's been grounded.
the worst was over.
That is, till the Dunsparce disappeared. We hear rumors of white sails once more on the horizon…
In the air
You are a pirate aboard the revived Dunsparce. Your mission: to collect powerful, rare, or otherwise special pokemon to barter for your cost of living. Picking strong pokemon off of weak trainers is the easiest way to earn your bread. But where’s the fun in that? Befriend or beware your sassy cohorts, and of course your pokemon partner will be your constant companion. May the wind fill your sails!
On the ground
You are a trainer on your chosen quest. Your mission: to stop the scourge of the skies once and for all, and protect your pokemon team. What’s your vendetta? And why? Whatever it may be, the Dunsparce has insulted you deeply and you are bent on revenge or justice. May luck, skill, and victory be yours!
Behind the Curtain
You are a Rocket agent working behind the scenes. While these pretenders are playing pirate you’re doing real crimes, but they’re stealing all your thunder – and selling it back! It’s time someone put them in their place and end this nonsense. May you win back your pride once and for all!
These are only examples. Create your own scenario, if you prefer.
- Follow all PE2K rules.
- No godmodding, bunnying without permission, trolling, etc. In other words, play nice.
- I reserve the right to accept, reserve, or decline anyone at any time, for any reason, within reason.
-Violence, romance, and swearing are fine. Just use good judgement. You can get the same idea across without anything too extreme.
- This will be a very literate RP! No exceptions! Proper spelling and grammar and syntax and all that stuff are absolutely required. Keep in the correct tense and point of view. I’ll judge your skill by your sign up. Disclaimer: I am not afraid to decline you based on the apparent quality of your sign up. Another disclaimer: I don’t hate you and I’m not really that mean I promise!!!!
- Try to post at least once a week, with at least two good paragraphs per post. (Longer is encouraged!) But this is just a guideline. Even if your post is only two words long, try for two paragraphs of substance
- If you need a break, let me know in the discussion thread.
- No legendaries or dittos, and no Isshu pokemon because I haven’t played BW yet! And please don’t create your own pokemon – that includes shinies. If your pokemon is shiny, it will be shiny the way Nintendo intended it to be.
- You may have control of three characters.
- Enjoy your writing! Write what you want, play with style, character, plot, whatever. Do something different or something beyond your comfort zone. It's more fun that way. Just don't be an idiot is all I'm asking.
- Write “airborne absol” somewhere in your sign up so I know you read these rules.
: As GM I find it only makes sense that my character is Captain of the Dunsparce, but she’ll need a Lieutenant! The Captain and Lieutenant MAY have more interaction with each other, not sure yet – although they don’t necessarily have to be compatible. ;) If you’re not Captain or Lieutenant, your title will be Sailor.
: This is a wicked flash on deviantart if you want to make a visual of your character. Just be sure to give credit where credit is due. http://hapuriainen.deviantart.com/ar...s-up-125433419
: The Dunsparce makes berth at Mt. Silver, so we’ll be starting in Johto, but it can go pretty much everywhere because it FLIES.
: [First name required, last name optional.]
: Captain, Lieutenant (first come first serve), or Sailor)
: or Breeder, Coordinator, Gym Leader, etc.
: Executive, Grunt, Scientist, etc.]
: [1-2 paragraphs min, pic optional. Describe skin, hair, eyes, height, weight, clothing/uniform, scars, tattoos, piercings, or anything else we might need to know to picture your character.]
Personality and Background
: [1 paragraph min. I’m more interested in how your character develops throughout the course of the story, so you don’t have to know everything right now. Just be sure you know it at some point!]
: two max.
: 6 max.
: 3 max.]
: [Anything else?]
EDIT 11-26-2010: Pirates may now have two pokemon
EDIT 12-06-2010: Everyone may have three characters under their control, with each one preferably being from a different side. Hypothetically, you could have one of each.
as Dunsparce Captain Blaise Pascal
as Pokemon Trainer Aaron Raldin
, Dunsparce Lieutenant Harley Devereaux
, and Rocket Executive Alexandra Morrin
as Dunsparce Sailor Isaac Sheng
as Pokemon Trainer Sienna
Role Play Thread (coming soon!)
Sign Up Thread