Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Team_Edward019 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: School Bans Pokemon for ‘Spiritual Reasons’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I went to a Christian conference in Canberra earlier in the year, and all of the schools there were Christian (except mine). Pretty much all of them were co-ed and the girls got along swimmingly with the guys (in a public school friends sort of way, not in a deprived girlfriend/boyfriend teenage sort of way).
Hmmm, I guess her school was just extremely 'special'....in a 'special' sorta way.

OMIGAWSHWARNINGWTH
The Pokemon Elemental Forums suck; don't go there.
They have an irresponsible, unreliable Admin, and two power
hungry moderators that will ban you if you say anything
that's even a smidgen not to their liking.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Gakupo Luka
♥~Paired To The Epic Peace Buyer~♥
Old 11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Josh Offline

Send a message via MSN to Josh

Some schools can be extremely 'special'. Public schools included.

Unfortunately just as many Christians can be special (i.e. The Westboro Baptist Church).

Intolerance
Current Chapter: Eighteen

URPG
Old 11-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Team_Edward019 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Some schools can be extremely 'special'. Public schools included.

Unfortunately just as many Christians can be special (i.e. The Westboro Baptist Church).
I'm not naming names, but I'm gunna name names -> grace lutheran primary/college + northlakes christian college = T~T

OMIGAWSHWARNINGWTH
The Pokemon Elemental Forums suck; don't go there.
They have an irresponsible, unreliable Admin, and two power
hungry moderators that will ban you if you say anything
that's even a smidgen not to their liking.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Gakupo Luka
♥~Paired To The Epic Peace Buyer~♥
Old 11-21-2010, 12:20 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Smile Re: School Bans Pokemon for ‘Spiritual Reasons’

I think it's just plain wrong.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

a. This happened in many places/many times.
b. Where's the legitimate reason?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Power Rangers and Pokemon are AWESOME!

This is BLASPHEMY!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:08 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Link to reasoning behind this here.
Absolutely crazy in my opinion.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Oh for the love of-

Old 11-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

I think the church is wrong for once!!! I think its being a hater >_>

Anyway Its going to lose alot of business with the desition...
Old 11-21-2010, 04:31 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Peace, do I have to say it again? I'm lready going to smack that school headmaster's head out of existance, I bet Pokemon is doing nothing wound to that school. If it does nothing wrong to my school, it won't do anything wrong to their school.

I get the christian thing, but really, it doesn't sound like that kind of school.
wtf? God didn't make Pokemon as a reason? Horrible. God didn't make Tv, or computors. He didn't make candy or toys. If you went by that, you would only have sticks and stones to play with, and only fruits and vegtables to eat. I swear, you wouldn't even have a house. You would never get a job.

I claim Australia as insane. No offence to anyone living there that hates that really odd, messed up school.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Sieses Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sieses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoBreeder View Post
Link to reasoning behind this here.
Absolutely crazy in my opinion.
...Some people really over think fiction, sometimes... >_>

Signature made by Charmander009!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Thumbs down Re: School Bans Pokemon for ‘Spiritual Reasons’

Mr42o's views are his own and are not that of any of the staff or members of pe2k
I wasn't going to touch this with a 10 foot pole. but I see some mutual ideas. so here goes.

I was brought up in a very old school mexican katholic home, and ended up a satanist.
IMO any and all known earthly religions have one things in mind. Control as many masses with one stone..
"they" dont like to use the term control or brainwash but what is it when a man of the cloth swoops in at the earliest stages of ones life and force feed you his and her ideals about what is & isnt moral...suggestive reasoning..?
I think not..

Tho at different levels they (religions) try to come at people at different stages in your life gather you into or under thier wing per say.

Take Jehovas witnessess.. here's a hypocritical name to begin with it plainly states they've witnessed god him/herself... WTF?
and here's a little inside of thier get togethers(dont ask me how I know but I KNOW)
they gather lets just say in YOUR city..you know they come to your door one day of the week right? yeah they do... well if & when you or someone talks to one of them going door to door or if or when they dont talk to you ."they" will jot down your address and jot down if they talked with someone in that house.. WTF ... why would they do that you ask?
on a different day of the weekthe gather (the elders in their religoin and the younger Gen) and match up thier "notes" they discuss who "potentially" may or maynot cross over to their religoin all baised on a talk they may or may have not had with you..
Now les go even further and say no one in your home opened the door or had any contact what so ever with them.. who ever paraded your block that week had written down Your address and made a note next to your addy with maybe a note like "53235 no one asnwered the door" <- just an example. they will talk about who next week will go to this same block and try to talk to addy 53235 and try again..

Im not lying here people.. my rant has lead me to forget the point I was trying to make..

plain and simple "they(religoins)" will try and get thier foot in as many doors as posibble and "save you" per say.

I dis-agree with how they try and try hard to in my eyes control. but when it comes out that Clergy is touching the youth in very disgisting and inappropriate ways that NO youth should ever have to live through they look the other way... F*** that I say.

Pokérus Empire

Last edited by Mr420; 11-21-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Disco Offline

I see what you did there with the whole 'clergy touching the youth' thing.

The reason, I believe, that people can do this (ban silly things like Pokemon in schools), is because no one explicitly disagrees, and when someone has a point otherwise, they answer it in a manner too vehement to be considered worth listening.

Religion focuses on Pokemon's negatives. We should, then, not focus on religion's negatives, but rather the positives of Pokemon itself.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Josh Offline

Send a message via MSN to Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post

"they" dont like to use the term control or brainwash but what is it when a man of the cloth swoops in at the earliest stages of ones life and force feed you his and her ideals about what is & isnt moral...suggestive reasoning..?
I think not..

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience, but that's far from the truth in many situations, and that is a really unfair generalisation.

I mean seriously, if you willingly go to a Church, you are going to hear someone talking about Jesus, and about what the Bible says is right or wrong. That's not force feeding in any sense of the word.

Quote:
Take Jehovas witnessess.. here's a hypocritical name to begin with it plainly states they've witnessed god him/herself... WTF?
Actually, the term in this case isn't witnessing God, but the manifestation of the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
and here's a little inside of thier get togethers(dont ask me how I know but I KNOW)
they gather lets just say in YOUR city..you know they come to your door one day of the week right? yeah they do... well if & when you or someone talks to one of them going door to door or if or when they dont talk to you ."they" will jot down your address and jot down if they talked with someone in that house.. WTF ... why would they do that you ask?
on a different day of the weekthe gather (the elders in their religoin and the younger Gen) and match up thier "notes" they discuss who "potentially" may or maynot cross over to their religoin all baised on a talk they may or may have not had with you..
Now les go even further and say no one in your home opened the door or had any contact what so ever with them.. who ever paraded your block that week had written down Your address and made a note next to your addy with maybe a note like "53235 no one asnwered the door" <- just an example. they will talk about who next week will go to this same block and try to talk to addy 53235 and try again..

Im not lying here people..
I believe you. You are probably telling the truth about one part of a larger denomination which may have other groups that do this.

But that's like comparing the entire Christian group to the Westboro Baptist Church.

Quote:
plain and simple "they(religoins)" will try and get thier foot in as many doors as posibble and "save you" per say.
Actually, the ones with a legitimate interest to save you are doing it for your benefit. Not theirs.

Quote:
I dis-agree with how they try and try hard to in my eyes control. but when it comes out that Clergy is touching the youth in very disgisting and inappropriate ways that NO youth should ever have to live through they look the other way... F*** that I say.
I understand where you're coming from. I cringe every time I hear stories like that. But you're taking all of your context from certain smaller groups in the majority who are doing a poor example of showing Christ's love.

Intolerance
Current Chapter: Eighteen

URPG
Old 11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g
Wink Re: School Bans Pokemon for ‘Spiritual Reasons’

I Believe in god & jusses this has nothing do with them. SO DO NOT BRING THEM UP.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.