Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [SU] Pokémon: The Last Living Souls

Everything looks good, but I'm not sure about Hisui, which isn't an official Pokemon (the image link seems to be broken by the way). Besides that, everything is good, so you can get in on it. Just replace Hisui with something else.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Falcon Offline

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! not Hisui but okay get right to it. *Starts digging in the bottom of the barrel*.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

You started a new, awesome RP and didn't tell me about it? Ahh, Neo, you're so cruel. ;_;

Considering recycling James over as a GDI soldier, but I'm not sure if one could possibly hide their gender in a military environment. If that proves to just be too much of a plot hole, there's always a spot for another character. Let me mull it over for a bit; I'll throw my sign-up in here soon enough.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Falcon Offline

Also I've changed Hisui into a Metagross.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
You started a new, awesome RP and didn't tell me about it? Ahh, Neo, you're so cruel. ;_;

Considering recycling James over as a GDI soldier, but I'm not sure if one could possibly hide their gender in a military environment. If that proves to just be too much of a plot hole, there's always a spot for another character. Let me mull it over for a bit; I'll throw my sign-up in here soon enough.
That's not a big deal, go for it. And hey, sorry about not telling you. XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
Also I've changed Hisui into a Metagross.
I still see it in your history, but for now, let's just disregard it. You're good to go, enjoy the RP.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

I'll consider forgiving you, but you're on notice, Neo. :|

Name: Jamie “James” Muet
Gender: Female (but you’d better have x-ray vision if you can tell at a glance)
Resistance Division: GDI Officer

Appearance: Intriguingly, even after the end of the world, Jamie looks, at a glance, to be quite high-class before the disaster, at the top of the great social ladder. Though she’s quite short and young-looking, her appearance is as well-groomed and adult as one can possibly get in the wake of attack. Her very short hair, too, always seems perfect, perhaps too much so. Deep, hazel eyes complete the classy look (though supposedly her glares are terrifying regardless). Her clothes, too, were fancy, though always businesslike and black. In another time—indeed, before Arceus’ wrath struck—she’d have been the perfect prim-and-proper rich girl…

…except for the fact that “James” looks far more like a boy, and has been taught to never convince onlookers otherwise.

Shot up with all sorts of hormones growing up tends to do that to you, really. James’s voice is naturally on the low side, and her body is very thin and not curvy in the least – she’s completely flat-chested, as a matter of fact – so it makes it easy to pass her androgynous features off as male. All she has to do is wear boy’s clothes instead of girls’ clothes and she can have onlookers convinced. Her face was quite a bit harder to fudge, but a few surgeries made even her face plausibly male. It also helps that said hormones seriously messed with her growth, so she looks around thirteen or so; looking like a young boy is much easier than looking like a post-hormones one.

Though she used to wear black suits as a matter of business, she now clads herself in an Orre GDI uniform (which had to be custom-fit for her absurdly small size). It is, of course, the male uniform; in the state of disarray following the legendaries’ assault, nobody really bothers to check such frivolous details as gender anymore, so James keeps up the charade even still.

Personality: James has been under strict training since birth to repress all her feminine urges; such training has worked well, mostly because James is ridiculously emotionally neutral in the first place. She thinks with her brain, almost never with her heart, and she rarely has an opinion that doesn’t hinge on logic. In fact, it’s rare for her to have an opinion on something at all; her giveadamner isn’t so much “broken” as “never worked to begin with.” Her father trying his hardest to turn her into a boy? She doesn’t care what gender she’s supposed to be, and it makes sense that he needed a boy as the heir, so okay. Abortion? Same-sex marriage? Religion and state? Democrat or Republican? Coke or Pepsi? None of that concerns her, so she doesn’t care.

Certain people claim they’ve seen her staring longingly at a skirt. Such allegations, James is quick to point out, are ridiculous and unfounded and furthermore completely and utterly false.

It’s really very hard for James to sympathize with anyone because of her sheer indifference. She doesn’t have any friends, partly because of her very busy schedule but mostly because people don’t really want to hang out with someone who has all the charm of a particularly untalkative brick. But she doesn’t care, because friends are just superfluous – she’s been taught that much as the former “son” of a gang leader. And it’s not like she’s ever lonely. No. Never. Not at all. That would be silly.

Despite her big vat of emotional nothing, James does have a handful of quirks. For one, although her parents were quite strict with her, a life of upper-class privilege has left her rather spoiled; she finds it difficult in this time of crisis to handle the bad food and worse beds, so it’s not uncommon for her to go hungry or run on little sleep.

Her opinion on the crisis is, predictably enough, impassionate; she agrees the legendaries should be stopped just for the simple logical sake of the planet and her own continued survival. Revenge, anger, or simple passion for her fellow man plays no role whatsoever. This is even more glaringly bizarre when one takes into account her father died in the initial strike; then again, it’s debatable how much she considered him her father rather than a simple superior anyway.

History: The Steel Scales was definitely not your friendly neighborhood organization; then again, what organization in Pyrite Town was?

Though it masqueraded as legal well enough, the Steel Scales was indeed, a yakuza-like organization, profiting primarily from the sale of drugs and, briefly, from the Shadow Pokemon craze. Nonetheless, most of the members stayed away from violence and let only the lowest on the ladder do the dirty work. The Steel Scales was also ridiculously powerful, holding massive influence over everything from politics to business in Orre’s most rough-and-tough city. The police stayed out of their way, and the citizenry just shrugged and called it business as usual. The Steel Scales was just in existence for so long that everyone grew used to it, and anyway, they weren’t so terrible even if they use the entire city as their profit machine.

In the Steel Scales’ long history, it was always male-dominated; it was a matter of tradition as well as a somewhat outdated notion of gender roles that the son of the current boss took over when that boss was killed (and they were always killed). Women have never been allowed at the top, simply put.

What a shame, then, that the first child of Alexander Muet, the respected and feared leader of the whole organization, was Jamie Muet, guilty-as-charged female. Despite the problems inherent to such a successor (members would likely decide that if a woman could lead, so could they, which meant infighting), Alexander couldn’t help but be captivated by intelligence in his newborn child’s eyes. He could see, even then, a true Steel Scales leader, but how to get around the gender factor?

Simple: who cared what was under the suit? If Jamie – or, as she would always be called to lessen suspicion further, James – looked like a boy, talked like a boy, and lead like a man, who was to say she was really a girl? Years upon years of training, hormone shots, and surgeries followed. Although Alexander loved his little girl – indeed, because he loved his little girl – he would do whatever it took to make her into the perfect boy.

James, quite luckily, didn’t rebel against the idea hardly at all; to her, it just didn’t matter whether she wore suits or dresses or was addressed as sir or ma’am. Of course, she’d rather not go through the trouble of training the femininity out of herself, and of course the hormone shots – which had all sorts of odd side-effects, including messing with her emotions until they’d been driven into the ground and stopping her aging before she’d properly hit puberty – were a pain. However, if was required, she was willing to accept it (though it’s important to note “accept” and “like” are two entirely different words).

Nonetheless, the methods her father used were harsh. In one memorable incident when she was very young, James dared to voice her desire for a skirt in a display window; in response, her father furiously chewed her out. Anytime she cried or otherwise voiced any emotion, she would be similarly punished. What he said was the same every time: “Sons don’t cry. Sons don’t have emotions.” Eventually James did comply, regressing into an emotional shell with the help of the hormones she was fed regularly, so much so that she could barely muster resentment for what her father did to her.

Throughout her career of sorts, James learned a fair bit about managing money, keeping up stoicism, and the other miscellaneous tasks required in running the organization, but she also, quite a bit more importantly, learned how to fight. Her body was small but agile, and her knowledge of self-defense made her quite a bit superior to the average layman in a one-on-one. Of course, there was really no getting around how little strength she had, so she took to carrying a gun wherever she went. Her proficiency with the weapon was truly astonishing; supposedly she could shoot a can and then shoot the same can again as it flew through the air.

James also obtained a couple of Pokemon for herself, each of which seemed to be trying their hardest to compensate for her lack of emotion. One, a Shuppet, was hyperactive and a constant optimist, enjoying life to the fullest whether she annoyed everyone else or not; the other, a Noctowl, was by all accounts a drama queen trapped in a male body, often overreacting and spiting others for the oddest of reasons. Nonetheless, both were trained to the standards of the Steel Scales, so both were skilled in combat to an intense degree.

Orre may have gotten a lucky break, but Pyrite Town, a place considered practically the epitome of human corruption, was completely and utterly decimated in Arceus’ assault. Every member of the Steel Scales was killed save James, who’d been off in the desert on her way to Gateon Port; luckily, she was stopped from flying right into enemy territory by a terrified survivor who very strongly advised she didn’t touch the now-occupied city with a ten-foot pole.

It was from this woman James learned of the legendaries’ rampage, and it was her whom she followed to an underground hideaway much farther into the desert. Once there, she was informed of Pyrite Town’s annihilation and told, with all sympathies, her father most likely didn’t survive. James received the news with stoicism; her father’s lessons were hammered into her even in his death, and she couldn’t bring up much more than a fleeting trace of loss or despair for the man who shaped her into what she was.

James, now, was faced with an interesting decision: free from her father’s influence, she could well hit the reset button and live a new life, where his expectations would never again hover over her. The temptation was great, but in the end, James once again thought with her head. The citizens of the community had already taken her as male, and what life did she have as a girl, anyway? She was either androgynous or masculine in every way and utterly clueless of how to act her gender; the damage her father had done was simply irreparable. And thus the gender charade continued, unnoticed by all except James herself.

Once this was settled, James decided to put her training to use and join the GDI; what good would it do to just waste away underground while the world above her slowly fell to pieces? Even her, in all her apathy, couldn’t ignore what was happening. Once she’d managed to convince the GDI she was not twelve despite appearances, they let her in for training and combat, praising her for “being a man and stepping up.”

James let the irony slide.

Pokémon: The aforementioned high-energy Shuppet and high-maintenance Noctowl. It’s worth noting neither are named; James didn’t really think it necessary. She’s a bit fond of the Shuppet, which is the approximate normal-person equivalent of loving a Pokemon with all your heart and soul.
Other: See also: reverse trap

Last edited by Larvinator; 11-26-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:20 AM
FrostEye Offline
New Trainer

AND I GOT A PICTURE DONE
im not the best in the world but heres a small ref

Name:* Ann Van Sweet
Resistance Division:* Soul Bearer Gyarados hybrid
Appearance: -picture above- Around 5'10" and 180 lbs due to muscle density.
Personality:* Aggressive, sensitive, loyal and skeptical.
History:* Born in Johto, violet city, Ann was diagnosed with autism affecting her social life with other kids. She grew aggressive during her childhood years and was left alone from others. Her parents who are harmony seeking folk went with Ann to get her first pokemon to open the road of enlightenment. Expecting a cool awesome pokemon like the other kids, Ann caught a majikarp at age 8 and named it TorK. Her parents told her to treat this pokemon as if it was her child, a step to Ann's positive additude. At first the bonding experience only made Ann more confined in her own world but Ann learned to interact with her pokemon and play with it more. Unknown of a majikarps weakness, others would challenge ann to gain their own fun. When the time came around 10 years old, TorK became a large, brute gyarados. Because of similar characteristics Ann and her Gyarados shared, they grew a strong bond. With her parents proud and Ann on her path of enlightenment, she decided to take her gyrados to blackthorn city to train for her trainers quest at 13. TorK eventually learned some dragon type moves and satisfied Ann when she became 15. Symptoms of her autism were almost non-existant by now as Ann learned the lifestyle of openness and calm mind. One day when she went to Blackthorn to train, the sky was turning colors that Ann never seen before and there the lengendaries came swooping across the city causing havoc. Tork wrapped around Ann protecting her just before a might of light sent Ann unconscious. When she woke up, she was in the lake and covered in debris. When she swam out of the lake, she notice her body change and her aggression even higher than before. Ann took the form of her beloved gyarados TorK from her fins and rough blue skin. Her personality threw a 360 in her life at that moment for that road to enlightenment just burned down. Ann became more aggressive, mistrusting, and closed towards people. When she went back to violet city for her family, she was not recognized as their daughter and was pushed away. Despite her 360 personality change, Ann does try to become more friendly and open. She seeks a way to either have revenge against the legendaries whether she joins a group or trains by herself.
Pokémon:*none
Other:* Even though Ann is quiet and likes to be alone sometimes, she listens to everything around her still paying attention. Being friends with her is hard for when Ann talks, she stutters and uses more gestures when trying to talk casually. She also has a liking for shiny rocks.

Last edited by FrostEye; 11-26-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

You guys are good to go, enjoy the RP.

And yeah, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Do I smell a Command and Conquer fan? >.>

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 11-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Do I smell a Command and Conquer fan? >.>
I think I do too. You managed to spot the reference, after all. XD

Old 11-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Can I drive a Mammoth Tank? <3

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 11-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I am making another Character.

Name: Natalie
Resistance Division: Bellossom Soul Bearer

Description: She's stubby for her age, with Pure-white Skin, and Green hair. She's got the two Flowers that jettison out of her head like a Bellossom, too. She has Green eyes. She wears a Green vest over a White t-shirt, and she wears green Gloves for gardening. She also wears a Green skirt and Green gardening boots, but those are concealed by the leafy bellossom skirt she dons.

Ever since the incident at Spear Pillar, she has always had a star-shaped mark on the back of her right hand. It glows green, and can effortlessly be seen through her glove.

Personality: Natalie suffers from Split Personality disorder. Generally, she's Shy, cowardly, and caring. However, when her Life depends on it, She gets Robust, Brave, and self-preservant. The reason it's Split Personality disorder is because once she's in her life-saver state, it takes a long while to get out of it. The two sides get along, although they argue on how to reach a goal, what's orthodox and good, and what's not.

She's got good fighting Skills in her Life-saver Personality, and her normal personality is really good at gardening.

History: She's Cyrus'es long-lost daughter. Cyrus wasn't the best parent, of course. Severe Beatings were common. She got that Survivalist Personna at this time, making it her first, and she eventually escaped from the Prison that was her home, and ran to an orphanage in Velistone City, which was quickly relocated to Floroma Town.

She grew shy, scared of everything, very caring of anything that was an issue to her fellow orphans, a contrast to her Survivalist Personna. However, it came back often, as local bullies tormented the kids, and she found herself on the end of bullying often, to the point where she needed the personna. It stuck ever since she was seen nearly kicking one of the bullies to death.

Both Personnas were haunted deeply By Cyrus, and she was around for the incident at Spear Pillar. What happened there she bore witness. She obtained a weird mark on the back of her right hand, and it glowed green. strange. regardless of that, she followed Cyrus into the Disortation World, along with Lucas and Champion Cynthia.

She saw Lucas defeat Cyrus and Giratina, and Cyrus go off at Lucas for saving the world. At this point, the Survivalist personna came out from rage, and when Cyrus Passed where Natalie was hiding, Natalie killed Cyrus. She left the Disortation world shortly afterwards, taking one of Cyrus'es Pokemon-Honchkrow.

She was only eight when that happened.

When she grew to ten, She got an Oddish as a starter, as the Pokemon Center didn't have an actual starter for her (wink wink, nudge nudge!), and set off. She really was a killer coordinator, and was amazing at battling. She evolved her Oddish to Bellossom before the second contest. She was also introduced to Gym Challenges at this point, which she accepted with grace. She also destroyed the gyms (Literally in one case), turning into the Champion of Sinnoh in the blink of an eye. She then headed towards Kanto/Jhoto, and again, dominated the Contest and Battling scene, becoming Top Coordinator and Champion of both Regions, eventually (and unwittingly) defeating Red himself. She, during this time, obtained two more Pokemon, Meganium and Doredia, and she cherished them all-Even Honchkrow.

This was all in the course of two years. Those two years, her survivalist personna seemingly melted away.

It's when she got home did she find herself on her wildest ride yet.

She found Shaymin, huddled in a corner of Floroma meadow, scared from a Bug Type's presence. Natalie caught Shaymin whist the latter cowered.

The duo instantly connected, touring the world all over again, this time absolutely sweeping aside every last challenger. She was considered one of the best trainers of all time. Each one felt similar, the best of friends-only Shaymin got Natalie's Split Personality issues, and was the only being to be directly told Natalie's past by Natalie. The only Pokemon in Natalie's party to recive equal attention was Bellossom.

It's when Arceus unleashed his wrath against humanity that did change. Before Shaymin was given Arceus'es anger, Natalie released Shaymin into Route 224, and flew off using Honchkrow. Arceus poured all of his anger into Shaymin, whom forgot about Natalie.

Sadly, Arceus wouldn't let Natalie live long. One quickly delt-with war in Sinnoh later, and Natalie was crying. Her Bellossom, whom she loved with all of her being, was dead, due to Palkia's Spatial Rend. She was one of the few Sinnoh Survivors, mainly due to her Battling ability and her quickly-regained Survivalist Personna. She also got blessed with being a Soul Bearer when the time arrived.

Now, she seeks to "purify" Shaymin-Natalie knows the powers of a Soul Bearer, but she thinks that she can remind Shaymin of her old self, how she used to be, that not every human is evil. She's also trying to find Palkia, and give him his just desserts.

And even in all of this, Natalie still hasn't found out what that mark means.

Pokemon:

Honchkrow (Enigma): Her father's own Honchkrow, Enigma was treated as cruelly as Natalie was, so Enigma wasn't bothered by Natalie suddenly becoming his new master. He was the only male on the team, and was her main mode of transportation-until Paleazoic came along.

Meganium (Lily): She caught this during her trip at Jhoto, wild as a Bayleef. Lily was essential to Natalie's career as a Coordinator. She is also capable of dealing some damage now and then.

Doredia (Daffodil): Daffodil was caught during Natalie's rounds in Sinnoh, ditched by a trainer from Unova, who didn't see her true value. She's one of the best at battles and Coordination.

Tropius (Paleazoic): A odd Tropius, this guy was a gift from a stranger. The Stranger did have the same mark on the same place as Natalie's mark, but it was different-looking. Paleazoic is odd because he doesn't like bananas, and likes Citrus fruits instead. Regardless, he's the powerhouse of Natalie's team currently, and has apparently come face-to-face with a Legend before-and won. His Nickname was made by the Stranger, but Natalie likes it.

Other: I hope her history isn't driving the storyline, like last time.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Its fine by me, Natalie's approved.

And Lus, you can drive around the Mammoth tank if you'd like. XD

Old 11-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Name: Camio Strife
Resistance Division: GDI Sergent 1st Class
Appearance:

Personality: Camio is a very serious person when it comes to his duties. Off-duty is another story. He's friendly and care-free and the first one to suggest a party. While he keeps himself and his men in order, he knows that fun and entertainment are essential for maintaining sanity. He considers his soldiers and his Pokemon to be like an extended family, but he is harsh and fair when he has to discipline others.

History: Camio was born into a military family back in Hoenn. His father was a general in the Hoenn Defense Force while his mother Jenny served in the police force. While Camio was raised to be moral and firm in his beliefs, he was also considered to be a class clown and enjoyed making others laugh. He rarely ever got in trouble at school, aside from the few fights he got into while defending his friends from a group of local bullies.

When he was old enough to journey on his own, he received a Growlithe from his mother as his starter. As he traveled around Hoenn, he rescued a pair of Ralts siblings from a Pokemon poacher and added them to his team. However, he would find his most cherished partner on Iron Island in the Sinnoh region. He befriended a lone Riolu who seemed to love comedy. Considering his skills as a combat trainer were average at best, he decided to go on tour with his Pokemon as a comedian, with Riolu as his main star companion. They toured the world with their shows and even got to appear on talk shows and radio shows.

He returned to Hoenn after a few years of travel and enlisted into the Hoenn military as a sort of honor-bound tradition in his family. He only intended to serve a few years, but then the legends made their attack on humanity. Camio managed to work his way up in the ranks as his leadership kept the legends at bay and casualties to a minimum. He now leads the ground forces of Hoenn as a Sergent 1st Class.

Pokémon:
Cloud (Male Gallade)
Aerith (Female Gardevoir)
Genesis (Male Arcanine)
Angiel (Male Lucario)

Other: Theme Song: The Price of Freedom

Last edited by Mewcario; 11-29-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Ha ha, love the FFVII references. That game was truly epic in every sense of the word.

Accepted, of course.