Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 AM
mightydes Offline

Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes
Default Rate My Sunny Day Team, Please?

Okay, I want to get some feedback on my Sunny Day team. It's a composition of UU and NU Pokemon, but I use it in OU play, and it wins about 70% of the battles. Can I get some help from you guys to work out kinks in this team?

Also, I forgot their EV spreads, so I'm just going to post their stats. ^^"

At a glance

Individual Breakdown

Adamant (Heat Rock)
Speed Boost
HP: 264
Attack: 306
Defense: 126
Sp. Attack: 122
Sp. Defense: 136
Speed: 419
Moveset
Sunny Day
X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Protect

With Ninjask, I get to set up the sun first turn for eight turns (I've only been outsped once), and then Ninjask is meant to flee with BP, usually passing +1 speed to another teammate (usually Charizard or Tangrowth). When Taunted, Ninjask can fight back with X-Scissor, or I could hard-switch into another Pokemon. Protect in case I want to either A) see what the opponent's going to do, or B) gain some speed boosts to pass onto a teammate.

Timid (Petaya Berry)
Blaze
HP: 298
Attack: 183
Defense: 192
Sp. Attack: 317
Sp. Defense: 206
Speed: 328
Moveset
Sunny Day
Air Slash
Flamethrower
SolarBeam

Charizard is my special attacking Fire type, with great coverage in Flamethrower, Air Slash, and SolarBeam, eliminating anything that isn't resistant. He's got Sunny Day in case it's not up, and he has the speed to get it up. Petaya Berry + Blaze will turn his Flamethrower into a devastating attack.

Timid (Choice Specs)
Chlorophyll
HP: 332
Attack: 202
Defense: 205
Sp. Attack: 349
Sp. Defense: 166
Speed: 229
Moveset
Explosion
Psychic
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [Ice]

Exeggutor's the special attacking Grass type, and thanks to sunlight, becomes one of the greatest assets to this team, dealing neutral or super effective damage to anything that isn't Steel type. Sadly, Exeggutor is my only means of taking out dragons such as Altaria or Flygon with ease.

Adamant (Life Orb)
Chlorophyll
HP: 362
Attack: 328
Defense: 316
Sp. Attack: 230
Speed: 149
Moveset
Swords Dance
Power Whip
Stun Spore
Earthquake

Tangrowth's my physical Grass type, and it does pack a punch. Power Whip and Earthquake offer great coverage, though I've decided that I may want to replace Swords Dance for Rock Slide, and maybe Stun Spore for Toxic. Other than that, Tangrowth's a favourite on my team, and knows how to hurt.

Adamant (Life Orb)
Intimidate
HP: 322
Attack: 350
Defense: 196
Sp. Attack: 212
Sp. Defense: 196
Speed: 289
Moveset
ExtremeSpeed
Flare Blitz
Morning Sun
Will-O-Wisp

Arcanine is my physical fire, and boasts the highest attacking stat on the team, with 350 Attack (Exeggutor in second with a Special Attack of 349). ExtremeSpeed for good priority and revenge killing, while Flare Blitz is your basic STAB. Morning Sun allows me to recover off the recoil if I get the chance, and Will-O-Wisp will cripple physical attackers, especially when Intimidate kicks in.

Bold (Light Clay)
Levitate
HP: 282
Attack: 148
Sp. Attack: 194
Sp. Defense: 318
Speed: 186
Moveset
Sunny Day
Light Screen
Reflect
Explosion

Claydol is, I guess, the team's Wall. He sets up the screens, then explodes. He also carries Sunny Day in case it runs out while he sets up.

Anyways... there's my team. Any tips, flaws, etc? Feedback would be most appreciated.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
megamonk4 Offline

Default Re: Rate My Sunny Day Team, Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydes View Post
Hey guys, quickly popping in from Culinary Arts (I SHOULD be doing research on Scandinavian food XD), but I've got a RMT up, would you guys mind checking it out and sending me a few tips. ^^"
I did have something to say, but I haven't made my Sunny Day team myself to fully be capable of helping you out.

I do know that 4th gen Sunny Day teams are more difficult to perform in the momentum of Rain Dance teams, so you could go with something else. You could go with a grass type staple that can play in the sun and center the sunny day team around it. It can still perform as an offensive sunny day team(if all is set up right, you can switch in the grass type and set up to completely sweep; taking out most or all of the opposing team). Or you can pull off a late-game sweep when all counters to your grass pokemon is taken out.

Pokemon Black/White Walkthrough
Old 11-18-2010, 05:09 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Lets being in the big point of putting Rapid Spin on your Claydol if nothing else. You have three SR weak pokes and two of them lose half their health on entry. This is compounded by Ninjask does nothing to stop SR from being set up. His Adamant Nature really isn't helping either since with one attack, and wanting to be sturdy, he could care less about attacks.

I would suggest switching Ninjask for Crobat anyway. With Taunt and roost you can stop SR and recover. Not to mention Crobat is bulkier with less weaknesses and better resistances. You'll also have an easier time with pokes like Machamp and Dragonite, who would be able to 2HKO you, and stop leads like Hippowdown from being as much of a pain.

Tangrowth should probably be switched for a mixed attacker, since otherwise you'll get walled by a Blissey and Celebi combo alone.

Charizard is alright in sunny day, but I feel there are better pokes. x4 weak to stealth rock, and alright special attack, and acceptable coverage doesn't really help you sweep. Scarfed pokes will also outspeed and KO since you don't have Chlorophyll, and giving a flash fire boost to Heatran won't be that much appriciated since thats in the sun too. If you want to keep Charizard then put life orb on, it'll fall short on everything else if the poke resists fire or has a high special defense otherwise.

Pokemon White FC:1979-0607-6887
Old 11-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Mystery The Fated Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydes View Post
Okay, I want to get some feedback on my Sunny Day team. It's a composition of UU and NU Pokemon, but I use it in OU play, and it wins about 70% of the battles. Can I get some help from you guys to work out kinks in this team?

Also, I forgot their EV spreads, so I'm just going to post their stats. ^^"

At a glance

Individual Breakdown

Adamant (Heat Rock)
Speed Boost
HP: 264
Attack: 306
Defense: 126
Sp. Attack: 122
Speed: 419
Moveset
Sunny Day
X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Protect

With Ninjask, I get to set up the sun first turn for eight turns (I've only been outsped once), and then Ninjask is meant to flee with BP, usually passing +1 speed to another teammate (usually Charizard or Tangrowth). When Taunted, Ninjask can fight back with X-Scissor, or I could hard-switch into another Pokemon. Protect in case I want to either A) see what the opponent's going to do, or B) gain some speed boosts to pass onto a teammate.

Interesting, however I cant muster a more appropriate lead at this time.

Timid (Petaya Berry)
Blaze
HP: 298
Attack: 183
Defense: 192
Sp. Attack: 317
Sp. Defense: 206
Speed: 328
Moveset
Sunny Day
Air Slash
Flamethrower
SolarBeam

Charizard is my special attacking Fire type, with great coverage in Flamethrower, Air Slash, and SolarBeam, eliminating anything that isn't resistant. He's got Sunny Day in case it's not up, and he has the speed to get it up. Petaya Berry + Blaze will turn his Flamethrower into a devastating attack.

Stop being greedy, be somewhat modest and give this guy a life orb. Why risk everything on a boost, when you can slowly work your way toward a boost WITH automatic power. Afterall, you do need something that will threaten a team automatically dont you?

Timid (Choice Specs)
Chlorophyll
HP: 332
Attack: 202
Defense: 205
Sp. Attack: 349
Sp. Defense: 166
Speed: 229
Moveset
Explosion
Psychic
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [Ice]

Exeggutor's the special attacking Grass type, and thanks to sunlight, becomes one of the greatest assets to this team, dealing neutral or super effective damage to anything that isn't Steel type. Sadly, Exeggutor is my only means of taking out dragons such as Altaria or Flygon with ease.

I wouldnt opt for specs here. Perhaps a rash nature would do in this case with the set sleep powder/explosion, sunny day/explosion, solar beam and hidden power ground/ice

Adamant (Life Orb)
Chlorophyll
HP: 362
Attack: 328
Sp. Attack: 230
Speed: 149
Moveset
Swords Dance
Power Whip
Stun Spore
Earthquake

Tangrowth's my physical Grass type, and it does pack a punch. Power Whip and Earthquake offer great coverage, though I've decided that I may want to replace Swords Dance for Rock Slide, and maybe Stun Spore for Toxic. Other than that, Tangrowth's a favourite on my team, and knows how to hurt.

Uh Heatran. Always think heatran in these matters. You need at least 209 Speed if you want this thing to be a sure fire meance.

Adamant (Life Orb)
Intimidate
HP: 322
Attack: 350
Defense: 196
Sp. Attack: 212
Sp. Defense: 196
Speed: 289
Moveset
ExtremeSpeed
Flare Blitz
Morning Sun
Will-O-Wisp

Arcanine is my physical fire, and boasts the highest attacking stat on the team, with 350 Attack (Exeggutor in second with a Special Attack of 349). ExtremeSpeed for good priority and revenge killing, while Flare Blitz is your basic STAB. Morning Sun allows me to recover off the recoil if I get the chance, and Will-O-Wisp will cripple physical attackers, especially when Intimidate kicks in.

I'm noticing you don't have an array of bulky tanks to support your team. Perhaps making this set bulky, giving it 248 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe and swapping Wow with sunny day will do it some justice.

Bold (Light Clay)
Levitate
HP: 282
Attack: 148
Sp. Attack: 194
Sp. Defense: 318
Speed: 186
Moveset
Sunny Day
Light Screen
Reflect
Explosion

Claydol is, I guess, the team's Wall. He sets up the screens, then explodes. He also carries Sunny Day in case it runs out while he sets up.

When I looked at the "at a glance" portion of the rate my team, I noticed the major stealth rock weakness. I was hoping this was going to be your spinner, but alas it isn't. Unfortunately I can't recommend a particular set that utilizes claydol as a spinner for this team off the top of my head, but I will note that pokemon like this that have ice weaknesses scream to be on this team (cough* dragons)Dragons also can cover your water and fire weaknesses to an extent. A bulky dragon dance dragonite goes well here, but again the stealth rock is a major issue for this teams effectiveness. It's so much an issue, that it limits your teams productivity even more than one would expect. Having the dual screens is nice and all, but with sr crippling your team as it does, its ultimately futile.

Anyways... there's my team. Any tips, flaws, etc? Feedback would be most appreciated.
Overall my largest concern is stealth rock. Even Rain dance teams have some sort of bulk to them (lest they be mangled when the rain stops). But thats all I can think of at the moment (rushing)
Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 PM
mightydes Offline

Send a message via MSN to mightydes Send a message via Skype™ to mightydes

Okay, thanks guys. I'll see what I can do, add a few Dragons or something to the team. And a Rapid Spinner. ^^

Old 11-19-2010, 12:54 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Well can you go two different ways with this: get a spinner or get rid of Charizard. Since I think you want to keep the Zard, here's the spinner set for Claydol:
Claydol@Lefties
252 hp/ 144 def/ 112 Sp. Atk
Relaxed/Bold
-SR
-Rapid Spin
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam

Heatran totally screws over this team right now, do what Mystery suggested and invest some speed in Tangrowth.

Another major threat to this team is Gyarados. Dos is carrying Bounce more and more in the metagame now and that along is a big problem here. Change Eggy's evs to 40hp/ 252 sp. atk/ 216 spd and replace energy ball with Leaf Storm. Leaf Storm 1HKOs all Gyarados varients 99% of the time, 100% if SR is up on the field. Also, Leaf Storm is general the better since Eggy's is most likely going to switch out anyway.

My last suggestion is to get a different lead. Ninjask is cool and everything, but even with a spinner, having two pokemon 4x weak to SR is no good. Someone mention Crobat or if you want to go anti-metagame, heatproof Brongzong is an interesting choice.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Closed Thread