Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:20 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: Phantom Blade [RP]

Virgil Anamo
Order of the Phantom Blade
Temple of the Order (Meditation Room)

“You have hundreds of Order members waiting for your commands to send them out to battle, yet you have chosen us and only us for perhaps the most important aspect of this quest. Tell me, why would you choose such a small group, especially those of us not even in the Order?”, Lucretia asked the Council. Looking at the young archer and the others, they explained the choice.

"It is because of two factors. One, because you are our most experienced warriors. Each of you has a unique a necessary skill required in obtaining the sword. Second, it is because not everyone in the Order can be trusted. We chose you to retrieve the sword and only you and not the 100 other warriors because we believe there are spies in the Order, who seek to attain the sword for their own nefarious purposes. If only a small group is informed of the location of the blade, it will be easier to prevent the sword from ending up in the wrong hands", the monk answered.

Virgil was surprised by the second statement. He didn't think of the possibility of a traitor hiding in the Order. Looking around the room with more attentiveness, he checked the entirety of the room to make sure they weren't being watched.

“What happens in six months, should we fail? What is the fate of this land and its people if Dinako rise to power?”, Lucretia asked next. It was this very question that the monks had wanted to avoid.

"If Dinako returns to full power the world is doomed to total apocalypse.", the monks told the group. It was then that Virgil realized how severe failure would be if they didn't get the sword. This sword held the key to saving all of Hanta. It was then that the monks began to speak.

"As such, we do not have time to waste", another monk began. Pulling a concealed scroll from out of his sleeve, he addressed the others about it's purpose.

"The Phantom Blade, being as powerful as it is, would naturally attract those who wish to harness it's power for evil. Himashi, knowing that the sword was too powerful for any one man, broke it up into pieces and hid them across Hanta. This scroll will lead you to the first piece, the tip of the blade. That piece will lead you to another, and so on until you have retrieved all the pieces. There are 5 pieces in all that you must recover, which you must then bring back to the Order so that we can reassemble the blade", the monk said, handing the scroll to Virgil. Taking the ancient manuscript into his hands, Virgil handled the piece delicately.

"You must do this before the Red Moon, which will indicate that six months have passed", the monk on the left told them, "Now do not waste any time, open the scroll and and read what has been written."

Virgil, slowly began to open the parchment, the words revealing themselves to Virgil and the others. Finally a complete sentence could be seen on the paper, although it's words was extremely cryptic.

"You hold the key in your hand, but the lock is in the library", Virgil read aloud. He didn't understand how the scroll would act as a key, but he knew it was important. He understood the second hint however.

"Scientia Fontis", Virgil began, "It has the largest and oldest library in Hanta. That is where we start."

Last edited by NES2; 11-28-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Leander Campitor

Leander listened quietly and carefully to the explanations. So it was official, now. Dinako was coming back. He had had a feeling that that was what it was... He closed his blue eyes. He felt honored that he had been chosen as one of the people to go on the quest, and that he was trusted. Traitors... The thought made his blood boil. An unique skill that would help them? Did they know his secret? He shook his head. Not likely. But the world falling to apocalypse... This was serious. But six months sounded like plenty of time. he opened his eyes and focused on listening to the clue.

Virgil read the scroll aloud. "You hold the key in your hand, but the lock is in the library. Scientia Fontis," Virgil said, "It has the largest and oldest library in Hanta. That is where we start."

"Then let's get going, then." Leander spoke for the first time. He focused on the three monks. "Unless, of course, you have something else to tell us?"

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 11-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Luna Valentine and Lior Ariel
Necka Town, Temple of the Order

Luna frowned as the men explained, then nodded, and then paused as Virgil read out the scroll handed to him. You have the key in your hand but the lock is in the library? She fingered the tip of one of the ears atop her head as she thought until Virgil soke up once more and Lior let out a soft chuckle.

"That place is HUGE--trust me, we'll have a time finding this lock in the college library if it's even in there. I practically grew up in that library since I was raised in Scientia. Of course, we might also find wome useful information in the books there while we're looking, too..." He drifted off in thought, but Luna planted a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll find out when we get there, we should probably get ready to head out now." She said softly, causing Lior to look up at her.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 11-28-2010, 11:24 PM
2gamers Offline

Lucretia Dara

While the others were ready to go after the first piece, Lucretia wasn’t quite satisfied with the Council’s explanation. It seemed that they weren’t telling the whole story, resorting to cryptic answers. Total apocalypse? That sounded like an artful way of dodging the question. They wanted to avoid the question entirely, leaving the group blind as to what exactly they were fighting against. Lucretia decided not to pursue the matter; she would not get any answers here, not at the moment. Instead, she decided to delve into mission details a bit further.

“I assume you didn’t summon all of these warriors to take a scenic scavenger hunt around Hanta. Who moves against us? What do they know about Dinako’s return? And why would they be in support of…‘total apocalypse’?”

The archer clearly showed her dissatisfaction with the council’s explanation of the consequences. For such a quiet individual, she was being particularly inquisitive about the mission. Perhaps her “necessary skill” wasn’t her archery. Her lack of any association with the Order allowed her to question even the Council’s word. Within a group full of Order members, this was bound to be useful, especially with a traitor among their ranks.

The rest of the group continued to examine the puzzle, eager to head out and save the world. Lucretia worried that such eagerness would lead to rash decisions by hotheaded warriors. The wrong decisions could lead to mistakes. Mistakes that could get them all killed.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:40 PM
NES2 Offline

Virgil Anamo

“I assume you didn’t summon all of these warriors to take a scenic scavenger hunt around Hanta. Who moves against us? What do they know about Dinako’s return? And why would they be in support of…‘total apocalypse’?”, Lucretia asked the council with suspicion. Virgil already knowing the answer to this question answer in their stead.

"Dinako's Children. They are a group of cultists who seek the apocalypse for various reasons. Some think there is power to gain from serving Dinako. Others think he will destroy this world and build his own. No one truly knows what will happen in the event of Dinako's Return since he was sealed before he could wreak havoc upon Hanta. It is obvious that no good will come from his return however, but the cultists are too blinded by their quest for power to see this", Virgil explained to Lucretia, "We don't know where they are operating from, or if they have a base at all. We do know however that they have attacked various villages, have various agents spread out across the region, and that they are moving to destroy the pieces of the Phantom Blade."
Old 12-11-2010, 01:32 PM
2gamers Offline

Lucretia Dara

Lucretia turned to Virgil as he provided a brief explanation of Dinako’s Children. In her years within Shenandoah, the archer had never heard of such a force. If she heard the goals correctly, the Order needed to obtain all five pieces of the sword to have a chance against Dinako. However, Dinako’s Children only needed to destroy one piece to claim victory. Clearly, the odds were against them.

“So, when do we begin?” This final question indicated that Lucretia was somewhat satisfied with the answers and was ready to begin the journey.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Leander Campitor

Leander did not listen closely to Virgil's explanation of Dinako's Children. He already knew about them from personal experience. He felt his blood boil slightly as he thought of the sorceress, Midna. Leander shifted somewhat anxiously and considered the riddle. Lock, lock... Try as he may, he couldn't fathom it.

“So, when do we begin?” Lucretia spoke, and Leander focused. He looked up and at her. A good question.

"I suppose we can begin straightaway, provided there's nothing else the Council of Three wants to tell us?" He focused briefly on the three old monks. Of course, there were also traveling supplies to be thought of... Unless they had been already prepared for. Scienta Fontis was not long away, but he was sure there would be other places that would be a further distance. And Dinako's Children would be trying to stop them... They had to be prepared.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links

Last edited by Doodlebop; 12-12-2010 at 02:30 PM.