Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Intro Boards Ľ Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:35 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Post Introducing the Eon Twins A.D. 2300 Forum Skin!

Just in case the Post-Apocalyptic skin thatís plastered with Pikachus isnít really your cup of tea, thereís now a new skin you can choose from! If you like Latios and Latias and/or youíd like a futuristic-looking skin to use, then this is the skin for you. And yep, this is the second skin created by a PE2K member. Iím not sure what the rest of my skin-making crew is up to in the skin workshop thread, but Iím still going to be plugging away at these things.

Yes, after going through a lot of virtual hell in a cybernetic basket, the Eon Twins skin is up! You might remember a preview of the new skin a few days ago where all the windows were an ugly red, the text was barely readable (red on red backgrounds, and I didnít even fudge around with that original setting this time), the main banner was sliced in pieces, and generally, every cool thing I tried to do with the skin went down the crapper. Well, in a last ditch effort to fix the thing, I tried to play around some more of the XML, fix those ugly red windows, and then I made the adjustments to try and get the main banner to fully appear. And shortly after that, it wasnít long until those revisions were put into action.

And long and behold, the result was HORRIBLE. The main banner was justÖ gone. Completely gone and without a trace of existence. And yeah, I sure did a great job getting rid of those dark red backgrounds by making them black. I thought this would help the neon-effect I was trying to create with the buttons and icons, but nope, I made it even worse. Problem was, some of the text went black, and well, black text on a black backgroundÖ yeah, good luck reading that without highlighting the whole thing. In a nutshell, it went from bad to worse several times over. Okay, truth be told, I donít know XML, I never said I did and man, its coding is an ugly beast to look at and read in Dreamweaver. Fudging around with it the way I did was pretty bad and risky, and the brute force method I attempted backfired like nobodyís business. SoÖ that was a learning experience. But I wasnít about to give up. After telling Harry to pull the guillotine on that train wreck, I got back to work.

I decided to kill the previous skinís template, and try a new one, this one being originally themed with cars in mind. The layout was fairly simple, so I went ahead with this, changed and adjusted the main banners, but I STRICTLY kept the dimensions this time and decided goofing around with those yet another time was something I just didnít feel like risking. Yes, this skin doesnít have the cool metallic background I originally had in mind, but at this pointÖ man, I really donít care. What happened last time got really ugly really fast.

So, after all that and several hours worth of graphic art work, thatís how I got to this. In all, I think it looks pretty good, and Iíd have to say Iím pretty satisfied with it. Hope you guys enjoy it, Iíve still got a few more ideas in mind for future skins. Harry wants me to try for a Psyduck-themed skin to celebrate PE2K’s mascot, and I might be able to do that in time. Weíll see.

In all, hope you guys enjoy the skin, glad its finally working and looks good, but Iím working on more to come. Neo out.

More...
Old 11-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Introducing the Eon Twins A.D. 2300 Forum Skin!

Easily my second favorite skin. ;]

It's sad to say that I still haven't found a skin nearly as great as vBulletin for me. I'm just hoping for something really basic, easy on the colors, and awesome all at the same time. Not that the rest of the forum can really agree with me; a lot of people love the Post Apocalyptic skin and I'm sure even more will love the Eon Twins.

And regardless of how great it is, if there is a Lapras skin in the future, I'll switch to it. -hint hint nudge nudge-
Old 11-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Looks awesome Neo! I like that it's not too dark =)
I'm excited to start on a skin, but I think it's gonna have to wait til I'm done with exams xP
Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Hey, glad you guys like it. Geoffrey, one of these days I'm going to make you switch, you'll see. I'm not done yet. :D

Old 11-11-2010, 05:17 AM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

I think it looks very good. However, it still hasn't been able to pull me away from BlueCommune. This ties with Post-Apocalyptic skin for me...
Old 11-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

I kind of like this cup of tea but its not that warm.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Its Hip
Its now, and how.

Pokťrus Empire
Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashketchum View Post
I think it looks very good. However, it still hasn't been able to pull me away from BlueCommune. This ties with Post-Apocalyptic skin for me...
Oh come now, BlueCommune puts me to sleep. And what's with the alien heads wearing headphones? XD

One of these days, there will be a skin you can't resist. I know its hard to cross over and use a different skin after having used one for so long, but in time, you'll see.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

hm. i don't know. there's something about this skin that i don't like. i don't know. i like post apocalyptic skin more than this. but it's just kind of... weird.

i like post-apocalyptic's design much more than blue commune but i just can't change it seeing as i'm just so accustomed to blue commune.

BUT I KNOW ONE DAY YOU'RE GONNA MAKE ME CHANGE, NEO. ONE DAY.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 11-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Like others, I'm still sticking to BlueCommune. D: I can't adapt to a new skin yet! lol.

Make a Shiny Ditto skin and I might be tempted to change. :D
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Pft, I changed from VBulletin the moment good skins actually started coming out. Anyway much as I liked Post-Apocalyptic, PE2K kept crashing while I used it (might want to look into that), so I'm switching to this instead, which is also excellent and very easy on the eyes.

Edit: Pssssst... Mijumaru skin =D
Old 11-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Disco Offline

; mm ; -sob- no padding!
I was looking forward to some padding.

Yeah, the whole BlueCommune problem will prolly stick around for a bit. Perhaps one of us can, uh, modify the BlueCommune skin and make it better? ; D (PADDING!)

ALSO WHAT I NEVER UNDERSTOOD.
Our mascot is Psyduck, yeah?

... How come our default (and best) skin has KYOGRE on it?
(Also I second the Miju skin. ; u ;)

EDIT: Just shiny ditto, Jello? BI
It should be a skin fully dedicated to the Ditto Siblings! : D
Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
ALSO WHAT I NEVER UNDERSTOOD.
Our mascot is Psyduck, yeah?

... How come our default (and best) skin has KYOGRE on it?
(Also I second the Miju skin. ; u ;)
There isn't a Psyduck skin yet, that's the main thing. I don't know, if I were to make it, it might just be the new default skin.

Still, its trying to come up with some kind of theme to go along with it that I'm having a bit of trouble with.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

i think we need a set of skins. such as smooth or ibulletin

just one nice set theme, but with different colour schemes.

my 2 cents

|thedynamicduo|
Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Doodlebop Offline

O.O HOLY FLAP NUGGETS.

I officially love this skin. :D I like the default as well, just for it's easy-on-the-eyes simplicity, but I'm switching to this. ^^

Oh, wait... I have a question. It seems to me on the different skins, I don't get alerted when I have visitor messages and the like. Will Eon Twins let me know? Because otherwise I may stick with the default...

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links