Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:20 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Default PokeRome (RP... Obviously)

Ooc:
Link to sign up thread here
Link to discussion thread here

Alright guys, can you do me a favor and begin each post with an icon of your character(s) involved in the post so no one gets confused? I'll leave urls for them right here:

...Yes, they're in numerical order. I'm OCD like that. Anyways, if you right click and choose "copy image location" and then paste it in your post, it should show up. Don't forget to add image tags, though.

EDIT: nevermind, you can't do that. At least, I can't on my laptop. That's annoying. Even so, please begin your posts with icons. :P

Ic:

Tieren stopped to rest. His furry, white arms dropped to rest on his knees, and he panted heavily. They had traveled far and he knew that he was tired, but he also figured that he would be able to get some rest as they had stopped in the center of a forest, which would give them ample cover.

He took a whiff of the air and determined that the spores of a nearby Vileplume colony completely concealed their scents, so they were essentially untraceable.

For the first time since the escape, he surveyed what was left of the escape group. The vast majority had been captured, but a small number remained-- there was a Grovyle, a Virbrava, a Lairon, a Piplup, a Cyndiquil, and a Vulpix. He was almost hesitant to start a conversation with any of them as he presumed them all to be as exhausted as he was, but he was too afraid that the group would disband if its members didn't get to know one another.

He approached the Grovyle. "Hello, my name is Tieren," he said, trying to be as friendly as possible. "I'm a Zangoose. What's your name?"

----------

Dominic made no attempt to hide his nervousness as he flew about in random jerks and constantly looked from side to side. He noticed the Zangoose smell the air and then look satisfied, which he took to mean that the collective scent of the group had worn off.

That's good, he thought. He watched as the Zangoose made casual conversation with a Grovyle in the group, admiring the furry Pokemon's level-headed attitude in such a frightening situation. Nonetheless, he was too nervous to start a conversation of his own, despite his prowess in the skill owing to his noble upbringing. Instead, he landed on the ground and stood on all four of his legs, but he couldn't bring himself to relax. He was still on high alert.

Hork-Bajir . . . . Taxxon

Last edited by WatchMeBeQuieter; 11-14-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: PokeRome (RP... Obviously)

-->Leyton
[OoC/; Just a note- everything in italics is thought, apart from like... y'know, emphasised words in sentences and stuff. n_n
Also, an idea. Maybe everyone could colourize their speech? I find it makes it easier to quickly find parts...

---

Huff... huff... huff... oh man...

His throat raw, the Grovyle grinded to a halt and fell back to the floor, one skinny leg bent and the other stuck out. His breaths came in sore pants as he rested, his scarlet stomach rising and falling. They had walked rapidly for miles- seriously rapidly. His chest hurt. With one final, long sigh, he exhaled and opened his amber eyes.

The group was small. Painfully small. He cast his gaze over a Zangoose, a Cyndaquil, A Lairon, a Vibrava, a Vulpix and a Piplup. None of them he knew. With another sigh, and scratching his head with curved fingers, he contemplated rising from the floor.

"Hello, my name is Tieren."

Blinking, Leyton looked up. A white furry creature stood there, with brilliant orange markings and rather long claws.

"I'm a Zangoose. What's your name?"

"Hey, Tieren," he answered, grinning weakly at the Pokemon and dragging himself to his feet. "I'm Leyton. Grovyle."

Old 11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
mickmon95 Offline

Send a message via MSN to mickmon95

:

Nate stopped to rest with the others that had managed to escape with them. He looked back at Cynder to make sure she had not been separated from him. Cynder was sitting down, leaning on a tree breathing heavily. "Cynder, are you going to be okay?" Nate asked with a worried look on his face. He was breathing just as heavy, if not heavier than Cynder was. Nate and Cynder had been the best of friends since she had saved his life. Now they are inseparable even being captured. Nate sat down to rest his small feet. Nate looked around the group to actually notice who was with them. "Are we the only ones of those who were captured to escape?" Nate asked Cynder. Nate felt abit safer being with a group.

Cynder was tired out but she knew if she valued her life they would have to continue running. She huffed and puffed to catch her breath. Cynder had heard Nate's question, this was Nate's typical behavior to worry about her. "I'm...fine but we have got to...keep on moving sooner or later," Cynder answered in between breathes. Cynder took a look at her fellow pokemon who are on the run with her. "We must be the only ones who made it this far at least. Is everyone okay?" She asked the group. I can't imagine what those creeps would do to us if they caught us...whatever happens I must keep Nate safe...

Last edited by mickmon95; 11-07-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Ooc:
Hey, I like that idea, Tombi! Tieren will be gray and Dominic will be poop brown.

Ic:

Tieren smiled."You need any help?" he asked of Leyton as he retracted his left claw and offered the arm to the tired Pokemon. He looked away for a brief moment, lost in thought.

I'm going to have to reveal to them that I used to work for Nero at some point... but before I do that, I'll have to gain their trust. I won't betray them, but they can't betray me either if any of us want to survive. I'm the one who knows the inner workings of the PokeColosseum.

-------

Dominic calmed down for a moment as he saw a Cyndiquil ask the group if everyone was okay. Cyndiquil was a small Pokemon, no matter the specimen, and it somehow reassured Dominic to know that even a small Pokemon such as that was able to take responsibility and love the group even though none of them had met.

He realized that the Piplup and Cyndiquil seemed to have a special bond, so it was possible that they had known each other before the escape, but he couldn't be sure. Nonetheless, he approached the Cyndiquil. "Good afternoon," he said, bowing in the way he had been taught by his father. "I am glad to know that you find concern for all of us. Any caring emotion is highly valued right now." He paused.Oh, I'm sorry! Where are my manners? My name is Dominic; I am a Vibrava. What are you called?"

Ooc:
Yeah, there's no poop brown...

Old 11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

:

WOAHHHH!

Rivet was running, with train speed, and anyone in his way would surely be demolished. After a few minutes he came to a stop. "Whew...lucky we got away..." Rivet Answered. He looked around and seen other Pokémon, an emerald green Grovyle, a fiery Cyndaquil, an icy Piplup, a leaf green Vibrava, and a slate grey Zangoose, all with anguished looks on their face.

"The name's Rivet, nice to meet 'ya all. My advice to you is to stay out of my way when I'm runnin'." He smirked. Rivet looked worried, with the fear of getting slaughtered in the Colosseum. He knew he had to make the right choice, but what was it? He looked up at the cerulean- blue sky and sighed... "Will we ever be free from fear, will we ever be free?" he pondered this in his mind for the rest of the day.

Last edited by Dark Lord; 11-07-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

-->Leyton
---

"You need any help?"

"Thanks, man."

The Zangoose's claws retracted and Leyton took his paw gratefully as he got to his feet. He stretched, his leaves rustling faintly, and then observed the others. They all looked exhausted.

"We must be the only ones who made it this far at least. Is everyone okay?"

Leyton's thoughts instantly conjured an image of his younger brother. They had been captured separately and had never seen each other at the Colosseum, but... maybe... maybe he was alive? And had run too, just like them?

"There could be others who escaped and went in a different direction," he offered to the group, a trace of hope in his voice. "We might find some people if we keep, er..."
He was going to say 'moving', but he didn't want to suggest that quite yet.

"... Um. Anyone for some food?"

Old 11-07-2010, 09:07 PM
mickmon95 Offline

:

Nate saw that a Vibrava walked over to Cynder, so insticntly he walked over to Cynder. I know that all of these pokemon escaped with us but you can't be too careful... Nate just stood there beside Cynder. "Hello Dominic! My name is Nate, the Piplup. This is my best friend Cynder," Nate introduced. He bowed respectivley to Dominic. If Nate was anything he always tried to be polite even though sometimes he forgets. He sat down beside Cynder trying not to seem rude or nosey. But Nate didn't want to seem untrustful to any of the other pokemon on the run with him. "Some food would sound quire pleasant right now. Do you agree Cynder?" Nate responded.

Cynder smiled at Dominic's introduction. Then gave a sigh at Nate's abrupt indtrodution. This was another of Nate's typical things."Hello my name is Cynder, sorry about my best friend Nate's abruptness. He is just a bit protective he doesn't mean to come across rude," Cynder explained. She watched as Nate bowed respectfully, she did the same as an apology. Cynders struggled quite abit but was able to wearily stand up. "I wonder where we are," Cynder questioned curiously. "Yes I could go for a snack right now to boost up my energy," Cynder responded.

Last edited by mickmon95; 11-07-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

"I think I'm ok, lemme check. Yep."

Rivet looked around for any more survivors. Nothing, not a single soul in sight. He became enlightened, and very famined.

I'm hungry. What'd you bring to eat?"

He began thinking of his childhood and how awful it was. How he was abandoned by his mother and the gory images of Pokemon that had been slain. Anything from then on would be in their name... For the punishment that Nero will have bestowed on him.

Last edited by Dark Lord; 11-07-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:26 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Ooc:
Hey Dark Lord, could you get a darker font?... I have to highlight everything Rivet says just to read it. Maybe you could go for a blue shade, to reflect his status as a shiny Pokemon.

Edit: Never mind, you beat me to it xD Well done!

Ic:

After he helped Leyton to his feet, Tieren looked to the side to see a rather strangely-colored Lairon skid to a halt. "The name's Rivet, nice to meet 'ya all. My advice to you is to stay out of my way when I'm runnin'."

Tieren smiled. Everybody else seemed so exhausted, so it was good to see at least one member of their new group with so much energy. Nonetheless, there was a certain sadness in Rivet's face; Tierne couldn't help but wonder what was on the Lairon's mind.

Tieren's large ears perked up when he heard a certain word.

"... Um. Anyone for some food?"
Leyton asked.

Tieren chuckled quietly. He knew that Leyton had originally suggested that they keep moving but then changed his mind; he chose not to say anything about the blunder.

"Food would be great," he replied enthusiastically. "I think there's a pond nearby. I can hear a faint waterfall in the distance. Do you want to go hunting with me?"

He hesitated, then decided to extend the invitation to the entire group. "Hey guys, I know we're all tired, but I can bet that we're all pretty hungry, too. Does anyone want to go on a hunting trip with me? I'm pretty sure there's a pond nearby."

"And risk being seen from the skies?" Dominic chimed in. "I mean, if it's a pond, then we won't have trees to cover us. Nero might have soldiers looking for us in the skies, but they won't notice us if we stay here."

"Well,"Tieren replied, "the alternative is to starve. Besides, we must be miles away from the PokeColosseum, and our scent has been thrown off. They have no idea where we are, and I, for one, am really, really hungry."

Dominic sighed. "You're right. I guess I'll join you." He batted his wings against the ground several times to take off, forming a small dust cloud. He started orbiting Tieren in the sky, waiting for the group to disembark.

Last edited by WatchMeBeQuieter; 11-07-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
mickmon95 Offline

:

"I will go hunting with you," Nate responded. He walked behind Dominic and Cynder followed. "Yeah I'm going too! We need to get Rivet some food anyways," Cynder exclaimed. Though Dominic did have a point of them being vulnerable but they were effectivley coverd by scent and visual. The group was starving from the run so it would be reasonable to get some food."I'm starving so let's go," Cynder stated enthusiasticly. Nate had always admired Cynder's positive attitudes even in the most grave situation.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:49 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Ooc:
Hey guys, welcome Coddleflop as Thorn the evil Roselia! Check out the sign-up here.

Ic:

"Alright, well I'm not waiting any longer. Those of you who want to go, let's go!" Tieren announced. He pricked his ears up to listen for the waterfall that he had heard earlier. He was in luck-- it was just a few steps away. He got down on all four limbs and scampered off to find it, which he did in under a minute.

Dominic followed close behind, gliding along the slight breeze in the forest, darting around the trees in an almost graceful manner. When he and Tieren arrived at the pond, he fluttered his four diamond-shaped wings and landed on the ground. "Wow, it's tiny," he said. He was right-- it seemed more like a puddle than a pond. It was an almost perfect circle, with a radius of about ten feet.

There was a wide and energetic waterfall that avoided making too much noise because it was only four feet tall on the far end. There was a much narrower waterfall of about the same size closer to Tieren and Dominic; this revealed that it wasn't a pond but a river, and this was just one large cavity where the water rested.

As such, the water was very fresh--far from the stagnancy of most ponds. There were no infinitely irritating mosquitoes biting the faces of Dominic and Tieren that were so characteristic of small ponds, which were breeding grounds for their kind.

Dominic flew above the pond to get to the center, where he circled around for a few moments so that he could see how deep it was.

Unfortunately, it was very difficult to tell how deep it was, for though the water was clear, there was no bottom in sight. "It's really deep," he reported to Tieren. "I can't tell exactly how deep it is, but I'm sure there's some edible trout in here."

"Any Magikarp or Goldeen?" Tieren called back.

Dominic looked unsure. He focused his eyes, but he couldn't see the vibrant colors of any fish Pokemon--just a few gray fish. "I don't think so," he said.

"Good," Tieren replied. "I don't want to accidentally hurt a Pokemon. Even fish Pokemon can think and talk like we can, so hurting an innocent specimen would make me feel really guilty. As long as it's just animals living in here, I won't feel bad."

"Yeah," Dominic replied. "Now, can you swim? I'm ground type and I don't do well in water."

"I can't swim well," Tieren admitted. "Maybe we should just wait for Nate to get here. I'm sure he could catch a fish in a heartbeat."

"Good idea."

Last edited by WatchMeBeQuieter; 11-07-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:31 PM
GoldenrodGirl Offline

Send a message via MSN to GoldenrodGirl Send a message via Skype™ to GoldenrodGirl

((OOC: Woah! Time difference much? T_T))

Venus

Venus eventually halted to a long awaited stop after the never-ending sprint. The sound of her paws constantly pounding the ground as she ran and ran until she couldn't concentrate on anything else, the heavy breathing, the tense atmosphere-it would never leave her memory.

Why? Why me? Venus wondered as she tried to regain normal breathing. What did I ever do to deserve this?

As Venus looked up from the ground, she saw the other fugitive Pokemon breathing heavily too. She had no idea how it had happened, or how she'd even escaped, but she had managed to escape without being injured, and that was all that mattered right now.

Venus discreetly watched the others underneath her long, fluttering eyelashes. They were...introducing themselves? Talking to each other?

Is it even safe for us to do that? We have no idea who each other are... Venus wondered, before deciding to speak to at least one of them after a Grovyle had offered to go and search for food. There was no way she was going to trust any one of them at this present moment, but at least she could get some food out of it.

"I'll stay here and roast whatever food you bring back. Water and me don't mix." Venus shrugged before stretching out on the ground as she watched the others wander off into the forest...
Old 11-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Tombi Offline

-->Leyton
---

Distracted from the others by the slightly-late arrival of a Vulpix, Leyton's attention left the group who started to wander away after a small debate. He was about to greet her, when her words closed his mouth.

"I'll stay here and roast whatever food you bring back. Water and me don't mix."

With that, Leyton looked over his shoulders to see the others gone. He groaned and flopped back onto the floor, his stomach growling. As much as he wanted to follow them and find food, he didn't think leaving the Vulpix and Rivet in this clearing was a good idea. They should try to stay in even-ish groups at all times... just in case...

"I'm sooooo hungry," he sighed, leaning back on his hands.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Coddleflop Offline

Thorn the Roselia

Thorns eyes scanned the tree line, searching for the escapees. However, she found nothing. She cursed to herself, once again picking up her speed, entering the forest. Instantly an array of different aromas hit her. She looked around for the source of the strongest smell. A small Gloom waddling along slowly. Thorn smiled a wicked grin.

Thorn approached the Gloom slowly, putting on her best 'innocent' act. "Ummm, excuse me?", she said sweetly, getting the attention of the Gloom. "Have you seen my friends come past here?"
"Nope," the Gloom replied, continuing on its way.
"Are you sure? I saw them come this way..." Thorn said back, dropping her gaze to the floor, smiling devilishly to herself.
"Can't say I have, sweetie. Why?"
"Oh, it's just that Nero," Thorn looked up at the Gloom as she said his name, the face of the Gloom dropping, "has... Has..."
"Awwww, don't worry," the Gloom cut her off, waddling over to her side, wrapping one arm around her.
"Please, let me finish. He's instructed me to find and capture or kill them."

Thorn looked the Gloom straight in the eyes, sending fear into his soul. Before Gloom could react Thorn had pulled him into a headlock. "Where are they?!" she questioned.
"I-I don't know," he rasped, trying to pry himself free, but to no avail.
"Where are they?!" Thorn yelled at him, gripping tighter.
"I don't know!" the Gloom yelled back.
"Tell me!" Thorn nearly screamed, the smell of poison escaping her red flower.
"Okay, okay!" the Gloom gave in, "They've headed towards the center of the forest, lead by a single Zangoose."
"Thank you," Thorn replied sickly-sweetly, "was that so difficult?" Thorn turned, facing the direction the group had headed. Before she went, however, she turned and fired a large ball of poison at the Gloom, before charging in with her red flower, now glowing a sickly purple, and striking the Gloom down. She then turned and went in hot pursuit of the group, laughing evilly to herself.

Ooc: Moves used: Sludge bomb, then Venom Shock.

Last edited by Coddleflop; 11-08-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
mickmon95 Offline

:

Nate and Cynder scurried along behind Dominic and Tierien. "Maybe we should just wait for Nate to get here. I'm sure he could catch a fish in a heartbeat." Nate heard Tieren suggest. "Don't worry Cynder and I have a system of catching fish easily. Cynder are you ready?" Nate teasingly asked.

Nate dived into the deep pond. Cynder scurried in front of the spot where Nate had dived into the water. Nate was spiraling down gracefully into the beautiful depths of the pond. He sped past and under a school of fairly large fish. The school was about twelve or thirteen fish in total, this is where Nate would make the catch. Nate began glowing a light blue energetic all over his body. He rose his flippers up and the water above him began spiraling in a twister formation. The school of fish were helplessly trapped in the whirlpool, then he launched a furious bubblebeam that sent the whirlpool spiraling to the surface. Once the whirlpool broke up to the surface it dispersed and the fish flew into the air. Cynder then released a wave of stars that sent the fish onto the other side of the pond landing safely on the ground around the pond.

Aqua then spiraled out of the water gracefully landing onto the ground next to the warm fish. "Nate you have improved since the last time we did this," Cynder complemented. Nate blushed, "Your Swift has improved as well,". Cynder raced around the pond right next to Nate. "Now we just have to heat them up," Cynder stated. Cynder then released a light flame that would warm up the fish yet would not singe them. Once Cynder was done he stood there and smiled. Nate gave her a pat on the back. "Well done, Cynder!" Nate exclaimed happily.

Last edited by mickmon95; 11-08-2010 at 10:11 PM.