Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Nulk Offline

Default OMG pikachu and Ash

shouldnt he be like lvl 1000 by now... he should be punting pokemon through walls. As far as Ash goes he should be like 25-26 by now... and hes voiced by a chick >.<... i wanna see pokemon in Brocks point of view.. why cant he go pursue his dreams while Ash pals around from town to town learning how to cook and breed pokemon...wow that sounded wrong gonna end on that note.

So what you think?

FC: 0389-2319-3110

Old 11-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!
Default Re: OMG pikachu and Ash

It's an Animé, characters barely ever age.
Also, if Ash just owned every single gym with a level 100 Pikachu, it'd get even more boring than the show already is.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Nulk Offline

true.. would be sweet if they ever did like dbz and aged them.. but i think that would be a lil creepy... they need atleast a new main character ..didnt they have some pokemon ranger show with different ppl..

FC: 0389-2319-3110

Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

I seriously have no idea anymore... He was like level 20-30 in one of the Kanto episodes when they visited some sort of school with pokemon arcade games that look like Red and Blue.

If its THAT easy to get to 20-30... + all these regions + crap like the Orange Islands... Not to mention all the pokemon leauges which really demands Lvl 45+

And yet he still can lose to rivals and stuff with pokemon they may have had for a month or two >.>

<--- Credit to Doodlebop|Credit to Temporal Snake
Old 11-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Lightbulb Re: OMG pikachu and Ash

Well the anime is partially made in order to work canonically with the games of the region, disregarding the countless filler in it. Therefore in every region Ash starts of as a n00b trainer in order to emphasize the way the game
of the region plays out. This thus is the reason for Ash's constant age of 10 and Pikachu being overpowered by other pokémon.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 PM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex

Ash should be a lot older by now he started his adventure when I was 6 and now I'm 18 that's 12 years older that Ash should be, and I don't get how pikachu gets his butt wiped by these lame pokemon

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

Ash should be driving noa, I mean come on!!! Ive been playing pokemon and watching this fail thing sinse the beginning and I say ash needs a new voice, I mean aere is the testostrone (epic fail spell)...

Dont get me started on pikanoob... A lv. over 9000 loses to a lvl 36 [insert pokemon].... Fail dhow nao....
Old 11-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Sheepat Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
Well the anime is partially made in order to work canonically with the games of the region, disregarding the countless filler in it. Therefore in every region Ash starts of as a n00b trainer in order to emphasize the way the game
of the region plays out. This thus is the reason for Ash's constant age of 10 and Pikachu being overpowered by other pokémon.
I think Arcemegus correctly stated why this is the reason. He represents us (in a stupid way) and his Pikachu represents our starter. All the other Pokemon represent our journeys. So, in a way, you can kinda think that this is a new person. In a very weird way.

At least that's my opinion.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:45 AM
Peace Buyer Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Peace Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riolu42 View Post
I think Arcemegus correctly stated why this is the reason. He represents us (in a stupid way) and his Pikachu represents our starter. All the other Pokemon represent our journeys. So, in a way, you can kinda think that this is a new person. In a very weird way.

At least that's my opinion.
but still im sure everyone else likes speeding through their journey rather than spend over alot of episodes just to beat 1 gym!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Well one thing that can help explain Pikachu constantly getting weak at the beginning of each new area is Team Rocket's involvement. Pikachu ends up getting sick or hammered by something (like the giant magnet) which screws Pikachu up. Pretty much each new area after Johto whenever Ash picks up a new female companion, it flows like this:

1.> Pikachu gets owned majorly by something
2.> New companion finds Pikachu
3.> Pikachu toasts her bike, forcing Ash to be in debt to said girl
Old 11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
Well one thing that can help explain Pikachu constantly getting weak at the beginning of each new area is Team Rocket's involvement. Pikachu ends up getting sick or hammered by something (like the giant magnet) which screws Pikachu up. Pretty much each new area after Johto whenever Ash picks up a new female companion, it flows like this:

1.> Pikachu gets owned majorly by something
2.> New companion finds Pikachu
3.> Pikachu toasts her bike, forcing Ash to be in debt to said girl
Actually #3 didn't happen this time around.

I personally don't see the real big deal about Ash and Pikachu. Like someone already said, the show will just be awful if they were just pwning everyone and this show is directed towards children more, and kids usually connect more with characters that are the same age as them.

I think we should just forget this stupid debate and enjoy the show, because this is turning out to be a really good season.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
Actually #3 didn't happen this time around.

I personally don't see the real big deal about Ash and Pikachu. Like someone already said, the show will just be awful if they were just pwning everyone and this show is directed towards children more, and kids usually connect more with characters that are the same age as them.

I think we should just forget this stupid debate and enjoy the show, because this is turning out to be a really good season.
Goku and his friends are literally more powerful than their universe's equivalent of gods and they still have challenges. But this season is good? Maybe I'll actually watch it online then.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Sheepat Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Buyer View Post
but still im sure everyone else likes speeding through their journey rather than spend over alot of episodes just to beat 1 gym!
Well, no one would really like how..

ASH: Oh look, a gym!

Pwn pwn pwn pwn

And Ash continued on his journey!

Too be continued
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

This is how I see the anime. The anime is just an example of how the world would be if the games were made. You don't have things like 'levels' in real life that help determine a battle but instead you have real life 'things' that do take part. The person that uses their pokemon in a clever way along with training is the one that wins the battle. Example: Counter Shield. Something like that can't be done in the video games yet it is possible in the show.

The anime just takes stuff from the games and adds a real life twist to make it more realistic. Ash is on a journey fighting a bunch of different types of trainers that have most likely been doing this longer then he has and thus have more experience then him in order to counter mostly anything he brings to them. Just because he gotten 32 gym badges doesn't mean he will be able to mow down the gym leader in Region X because they may have something that can knock Ash and Pikachu off their balance. These other trainers aren't stupid NPCs in a game that does damage based on math equations. This is 'real' life.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Numb Blaziquaza Offline
New Trainer

Look at it this way: It's a floating timeline, just like the Simpsons. It'll never change. :/

I am harsh but true.
Closed Thread