Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

The Pokemon Turnabout




Crime is not an unknown thing in the land of Pokemon, but not all crimes are so clean-cut black and white. All it takes is bad timing and a step into the wrong area to end up in a situation where you have found yourself in over your head.

To ensure that those arrested are truly those at fault for a crime, each arrested criminal is given a trial to determine guilt or innocence. While the judge is the one who is responsible for passing judgment, it is the prosecutor and the defense attorney who battle back and forth with witnesses, evidence and cross-examinations in order to bring forth the one ultimate, united goal: the truth.

While crime is not an unknown in this world, this current crime is one that has shaken the the world of Pokemon to the very core. Mew, the legendary Pokemon who is responsible for maintaining the Tree of Beginnings and thus the balance of the world, was killed. The murderer was chased off by a trainer, but that trainer has now become the prime suspect. While scientists try to clone and recreate Mew in order to prevent the world from falling into chaos, the youth waits for what seems like certain death as the death penalty awaits the one proven guilty of Mew's murder.

But even were Mew's killer to be found, unlocking the mysteries of one puzzle might end up revealing something deeper and darker. Can you find the truth?


Your role:

This rp is a sort of crossover between Pokemon and Phoenix Wright. Each person will choose a art to play in this murder mystery. There are several spots open: a defense attorney, a prosecuting attorney, one assistant to each, the accused, a detective and witnesses. The real murderer will be chosen by me at random and will be PM'ed to keep their identity secret to everyone else.

The rp will be split into 2 different segments: Investigation and Court. During the Investigation portion,
the attorneys, their assistants and the detective can search several different areas for evidence, clues, and question witnesses, though the witnesses are not under oath and can say whatever they want. The accused will always remain in the detention facility.

During the court scene, the prosecution can call one witness up at a time. All evidence gathered by the detective is open for both sides to use. Evidence gathered by the prosecution and the defense only becomes available to both once it is presented by either one in court, as neither one knows what evidence the other one is holding. All witnesses are now under oath and, although they can lie and make up stories, they will be held accountable if they are caught lying in court.


Rules:

1.> Obey PE2K rules
2.> Keep things PG-13
3.> No killing others. This may be a murder mystery, but no need to add to the body count.
4.> No Godmodding. If the defense finds a piece of evidence before court and doesn't tell the prosecution about it, then the prosecution won't know about it until it's actually presented.
5.> Psychic Pokemon can only read surface thoughts and cannot be used in court.
6.> No 1337/txt talk
7.> All in rp posts need to be a minimum of 2 paragraphs. No excuses!

Sign Ups

Name:
Age: (15 minimum)
Gender:
Appearance: (Picture or one paragraph)
Role: (accused, defense attorney, prosecutor, detective, witness)
Occupation: (Your in-game job: trainer, waitress, attorney at law, etc.)
Personality: (1 paragraph)
Pokemon: (1 Pokemon companion)



Available positions:
Judge (1): Robert Masters
Defense Attorney (1): NES2 (r)
Defense assistant (1): Amy Lockhart
Prosecutor (1): Bill Silvers
Prosecution assistant (1):
Detective (1):
Witnesses (5 max):
Terra Mori
Latio-Reol (r)

__________________

Last edited by Mewcario; 11-09-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Name: Robert Masters
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Appearance:

Role: Game Master
Occupation: Judge
Personality: Robert is a calm, collective young man. he is considered to be a genius for having completed law school and becoming a judge at the age of 22. He keeps his opinions unbiased and doesn't like loose ends. He cares a lot about Pokemon and hates it when people use them to commit crimes. He considers himself a force of justice and will never accept any bribe. In fact, those that attempt to bribe him, even with his favorite foods, in order to get a certain verdict often find themselves arrested and thrown in jail with a sentence and term with no trial (considering they committed the crime right in front of the judge). He eats tons of sweets and rarely eats anything healthy.
Pokemon: Lotus (Female Lucario)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 AM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Hey, I tried this two years ago! Finally, someone bothers to try and pair the two games together besides me!

Well, I love both lawyers and pokemon, so reserve me for this. By the way, have you heard about the Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright game? If not, feast your eyes upon the sheer awesome of this video.

Professor Layton FTW!
__________________

Last edited by NES2; 11-05-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Hrm...Should I be a witness or the accused? That's the question...Reserve me; and yes, I picked a former Team Rocket member. Who better to accuse than them? I wanted to get the whole "judge me by my past actions" thing.

EDIT: Went for the witness. As we know, witnesses can easily become the accused as well...


Name: Terra Mori
Age: 18
Gender: Female

Appearance: Quite simply, she wears a green t-shirt with a gold Aggron on it (with the word "Shine!" beneath the Aggron), along with a rarely worn jean jacket, a red R on the front (where the heart is located...A little over to the left) which has been crossed off with black marker. Her pants are blue jeans, and her shoes are sneakers. Her eyes are green, and her hair - shoulder length - is brown. She has a brown pack which she carries around slung over on her back.

Role: Witness

Occupation: Former Team Rocket member; currently Trainer

Personality: Somewhat cold - she doesn't appreciate being criticized for her past line of..."Work". That being said, she openly admits she made a mistake, although her history gives the reason why she got caught up with such a notorious organization. She is smart, cautious, and sometimes cunning, and is also determined and brave. She's been known to never take no as an answer, especially if it's something she wants.

That being said, she is not greedy. To those who she becomes friends with - such as Shale - she is caring and kind, with a warm heart. She loves Pokemon, but prefers to stay quiet with humans. She never really knew what true kindness is, and since she never received any from people, she prefers the company of Pokemon over them.

History: Born in a poor family in the suburbs of Saffron City, Terra never had a good life. Her mother (Samantha Mori) worked two jobs, only home for perhaps a few hours at a time, and the time she was home she was busy sleeping or cleaning the house. Her father (Robert Mori) was a chronic alcoholic with no job - he was constantly drunk, and often violent, giving her beatings if she so much as said the wrong thing. Because of this, she never went to school, although it may have been best because she was also bullied constantly...Leading to her rarely leaving the house.

At the age of ten she ran away to become a trainer, and was lucky enough to befriend a shiny Geodude whom she named Shale and subsequently became her partner thanks to finding a discarded Pokeball. She soon after got caught stealing food from a market, and was forced to give it back. This caught the notice of a Team Rocket member who later recruited her, promising her a "better life" and "rewards", that she would "be appreciated". Naturally, she agreed.

And at first, things were pretty good. She was given clothes - including the jacket she still has - and food, shelter, and a good education. She was trained on how to become a proper trainer, and even made a friend of the grunt who had recruited her. She earned money by capturing wild Pokemon, eventually moving up to stealing Pokemon...Although she always took those who were abused by their trainers and didn't have a good life. Over time Shale evolved, becoming the powerful Golem he was today.

And then the betrayal came.

She was sixteen, having spent six years with Team Rocket. Their new heist was to break into a Pokemon Center and steal the Pokemon within. Her friend, being an Admin now, was in charge, and allowed her to watch the doors. But midway through a Charizard, enraged by being woken up as it was healing, went on a rampage and began burning the building. Terra stayed to hold the doors, allowing the others inside to escape, but she was trapped herself when a pillar of wood collapsed onto her. She cried for help, but she watched as her "friend" crouched down to grab Shale's Pokeball.

"I've been waiting for a chance to take your Golem. For such a rare creature to be wasted on you! I waited years for you to evolve him, to get up to Admin rank, for something to happen to allow this! Shale will grant me prestige, something that was a waste on a poor rat like you."

"Wait...You...You've been using me this whole time?"

He only gave her a wicked grin, but then the sound of sirens - very close - drew his attention, and her long time friend cursed, forced to let this opportunity slide and run away. Terra blacked out after that, but woke up in a hospital the next day with burns - and a pair of handcuffs. She was more than happy to tell the name of the Admin behind the heist in exchange for two months in jail, compared to a year. In a way, the police seemed to sense the anger in her, especially about hearing of the betrayal. Still, her record was stained - if it hadn't already been - but she promised she would find him again, find out why he betrayed her...And exact revenge in the process.

Goals:
1.) To find her "friend" and exact revenge
2.) To find the mythical "gold Aggron" that she read about in books and heard about in Team Rocket, and claim it for herself...Because it's cool looking :)

Pokemon:


Name: Shale
Gender: Male
Species: Golem (Shiny)
Personality: Calm in battle but not very talkative, often thinking about the past and future. Is loyal without question to his trainer, and doesn't give up without a fight. He'll sacrifice himself if needed. He does possess a gentle side, but do to treatment by other members of Team Rocket, it is rarely seen.
Known Moves: Earthquake, Explosion, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock, Flamethrower, Toxic, Gyro Ball, Rock Polish
__________________

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 11-06-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Hrm...Should I be a witness or the accused? That's the question...Reserve me; and yes, I picked a former Team Rocket member. Who better to accuse than them? I wanted to get the whole "judge me by my past actions" thing.

EDIT: Went for the witness. As we know, witnesses can easily become the accused as well...


Name: Terra Mori
Age: 18
Gender: Female

Appearance: Quite simply, she wears a green t-shirt with a gold Aggron on it (with the word "Shine!" beneath the Aggron), along with a rarely worn jean jacket, a red R on the front (where the heart is located...A little over to the left) which has been crossed off with black marker. Her pants are blue jeans, and her shoes are sneakers. Her eyes are green, and her hair - shoulder length - is brown. She has a brown pack which she carries around slung over on her back.

Role: Witness

Occupation: Former Team Rocket member; currently Trainer

Personality: Somewhat cold - she doesn't appreciate being criticized for her past line of..."Work". That being said, she openly admits she made a mistake, although her history gives the reason why she got caught up with such a notorious organization. She is smart, cautious, and sometimes cunning, and is also determined and brave. She's been known to never take no as an answer, especially if it's something she wants.

That being said, she is not greedy. To those who she becomes friends with - such as Shale - she is caring and kind, with a warm heart. She loves Pokemon, but prefers to stay quiet with humans. She never really knew what true kindness is, and since she never received any from people, she prefers the company of Pokemon over them.

History: Born in a poor family in the suburbs of Saffron City, Terra never had a good life. Her mother (Samantha Mori) worked two jobs, only home for perhaps a few hours at a time, and the time she was home she was busy sleeping or cleaning the house. Her father (Robert Mori) was a chronic alcoholic with no job - he was constantly drunk, and often violent, giving her beatings if she so much as said the wrong thing. Because of this, she never went to school, although it may have been best because she was also bullied constantly...Leading to her rarely leaving the house.

At the age of ten she ran away to become a trainer, and was lucky enough to befriend a shiny Geodude whom she named Shale and subsequently became her partner thanks to finding a discarded Pokeball. She soon after got caught stealing food from a market, and was forced to give it back. This caught the notice of a Team Rocket member who later recruited her, promising her a "better life" and "rewards", that she would "be appreciated". Naturally, she agreed.

And at first, things were pretty good. She was given clothes - including the jacket she still has - and food, shelter, and a good education. She was trained on how to become a proper trainer, and even made a friend of the grunt who had recruited her. She earned money by capturing wild Pokemon, eventually moving up to stealing Pokemon...Although she always took those who were abused by their trainers and didn't have a good life. Over time Shale evolved, becoming the powerful Golem he was today.

And then the betrayal came.

She was sixteen, having spent six years with Team Rocket. Their new heist was to break into a Pokemon Center and steal the Pokemon within. Her friend, being an Admin now, was in charge, and allowed her to watch the doors. But midway through a Charizard, enraged by being woken up as it was healing, went on a rampage and began burning the building. Terra stayed to hold the doors, allowing the others inside to escape, but she was trapped herself when a pillar of wood collapsed onto her. She cried for help, but she watched as her "friend" crouched down to grab Shale's Pokeball.

"I've been waiting for a chance to take your Golem. For such a rare creature to be wasted on you! I waited years for you to evolve him, to get up to Admin rank, for something to happen to allow this! Shale will grant me prestige, something that was a waste on a poor rat like you."

"Wait...You...You've been using me this whole time?"

He only gave her a wicked grin, but then the sound of sirens - very close - drew his attention, and her long time friend cursed, forced to let this opportunity slide and run away. Terra blacked out after that, but woke up in a hospital the next day with burns - and a pair of handcuffs. She was more than happy to tell the name of the Admin behind the heist in exchange for two months in jail, compared to a year. In a way, the police seemed to sense the anger in her, especially about hearing of the betrayal. Still, her record was stained - if it hadn't already been - but she promised she would find him again, find out why he betrayed her...And exact revenge in the process.

Goals:
1.) To find her "friend" and exact revenge
2.) To find the mythical "gold Aggron" that she read about in books and heard about in Team Rocket, and claim it for herself...Because it's cool looking :)

Pokemon:


Name: Shale
Gender: Male
Species: Golem (Shiny)
Personality: Calm in battle but not very talkative, often thinking about the past and future. Is loyal without question to his trainer, and doesn't give up without a fight. He'll sacrifice himself if needed. He does possess a gentle side, but do to treatment by other members of Team Rocket, it is rarely seen.
Known Moves: Earthquake, Explosion, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock, Flamethrower, Toxic, Gyro Ball, Rock Polish
Accepted, though history isn't needed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Doodlebop's Avatar
Doodlebop Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Right there! *points*
Posts: 881
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

I've never played Phoenix Wright (though I want to). That's okay, right?

Also, I hope it's fine to go ahead and create the defense assistant, even though the defense attorney hasn't been. ^^'


Name: Amy Lockhart
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Appearance:
Spoiler:
She looks a lot younger than she actually is, especially since she's short (4' 11') and petite. Usually she wears her hair in braids, and wears skirts and tops. And she absolutely adores hats. Also enjoys dressing up as a character from the anime/video game/whatever she's currently obsessing over. In public.
Role: Defense Assistant
Occupation: Same as above; Defense Assistant.
Personality: Amy is younger than she looks, and since she as treated as such, she tends to act like it. Somewhat immature and a bit spoiled, she's prone to the occasional temper tantrum when set off. But she has a warm heart, and an undying faith in human nature. Loyal and stubborn, she'll never stop believing in you, however much the evidence is stacked against you. She's energetic and bold, occasionally to the point of being obnoxious. She seems completely unaware that most people think she's about 14 or so.

Amy doesn't complain much, surprisingly, as long as it's for a good cause. She's also slightly naive. She has an annoying habit of seeing everything in terms in black and white.
One thing's she's especially finicky about is cleanliness. She is a total neat freak. She has a remarkably good focus if you give her a specific task to complete, but otherwise will not be able to focus at the matter at hand. All in all, though, she is a good person, and will never give up on you if you are her friend.

..Though it's anyone's guess how she landed this job....
Pokemon: Slowpoke. Male (though Amy is completely convinced it's female.) Is often being dragged around on a leash by Amy (or, at least, she tries to).
__________________

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
I've never played Phoenix Wright (though I want to). That's okay, right?

Also, I hope it's fine to go ahead and create the defense assistant, even though the defense attorney hasn't been. ^^'


Name: Amy Lockhart
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Appearance:
Spoiler:
She looks a lot younger than she actually is, especially since she's short (4' 11') and petite. Usually she wears her hair in braids, and wears skirts and tops. And she absolutely adores hats. Also enjoys dressing up as a character from the anime/video game/whatever she's currently obsessing over. In public.
Role: Defense Assistant
Occupation: Same as above; Defense Assistant.
Personality: Amy is younger than she looks, and since she as treated as such, she tends to act like it. Somewhat immature and a bit spoiled, she's prone to the occasional temper tantrum when set off. But she has a warm heart, and an undying faith in human nature. Loyal and stubborn, she'll never stop believing in you, however much the evidence is stacked against you. She's energetic and bold, occasionally to the point of being obnoxious. She seems completely unaware that most people think she's about 14 or so.

Amy doesn't complain much, surprisingly, as long as it's for a good cause. She's also slightly naive. She has an annoying habit of seeing everything in terms in black and white.
One thing's she's especially finicky about is cleanliness. She is a total neat freak. She has a remarkably good focus if you give her a specific task to complete, but otherwise will not be able to focus at the matter at hand. All in all, though, she is a good person, and will never give up on you if you are her friend.

..Though it's anyone's guess how she landed this job....
Pokemon: Slowpoke. Male (though Amy is completely convinced it's female.) Is often being dragged around on a leash by Amy (or, at least, she tries to).
Accepted
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

hmmm...should I?

Ah, what the heck, i'll do it. Reserve me as a Witness.
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Grassy_Aggron's Avatar
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I...I don't know! WHERE DO I LIVE?!
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
Accepted, though history isn't needed.
Yes, I know. I just wanted to throw it in there XD I figured having an ex-member would...Make things "interesting", eh? I love drama >:3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Doodlebop's Avatar
Doodlebop Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Right there! *points*
Posts: 881
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Yes, I know. I just wanted to throw it in there XD I figured having an ex-member would...Make things "interesting", eh? I love drama >:3

Actually, I was gonna have a character with a criminal past until I saw Grassy's. ^^ Oh, well. Amy's gonna be fun too.
__________________

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Silver_Fang Offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 72
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Name: Bill Silvers
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Appearance:
Role: Prosecuting Attorney
Occupation: Prosecutor
Personality: Bill is a young prosecuting attorney. He just recently completed law school and this is his first court case. He can be rather unsure of himself at times but always trusts in the evidence and knows that the evidence will lead to the truth. Despite his insecurity about his abilities Bill is a clever and talented attorney. Bill has a strong desire to clean up the streets, which is why he decided to pursue becoming a prosecuting attorney.

Bill is slow and methodical when it comes to things always thinking things through before speaking. He has a great respect for his pokemon Shelly as she embodies the importance of slow deliberate thinking. A testament to his methodical nature is the notebook and pen he is rarely seen without. He is always jotting down tidbits that may be useful to him later.

He is often soft-spoken and always polite. Bill is a very shy and reserved person except when he is in court, or at least the mock trials during his time at law school. He becomes more comfortable knowing that he doesn't have to trust in himself but the facts when he's working.

Pokemon: Female Shuckle (Shelly)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Just to be certain the spot isn't taken, I wanted the Defense Attorney position, and I shall be back for it. Later.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Master Zorua's Avatar
Master Zorua Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Where you least expect me to be...
Posts: 2,612
Default Re: The Pokemon Turnabout (SU Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Fang View Post
Name: Bill Silvers
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Appearance:
Role: Prosecuting Attorney
Occupation: Prosecutor
Personality: Bill is a young prosecuting attorney. He just recently completed law school and this is his first court case. He can be rather unsure of himself at times but always trusts in the evidence and knows that the evidence will lead to the truth. Despite his insecurity about his abilities Bill is a clever and talented attorney. Bill has a strong desire to clean up the streets, which is why he decided to pursue becoming a prosecuting attorney.

Bill is slow and methodical when it comes to things always thinking things through before speaking. He has a great respect for his pokemon Shelly as she embodies the importance of slow deliberate thinking. A testament to his methodical nature is the notebook and pen he is rarely seen without. He is always jotting down tidbits that may be useful to him later.

He is often soft-spoken and always polite. Bill is a very shy and reserved person except when he is in court, or at least the mock trials during his time at law school. He becomes more comfortable knowing that he doesn't have to trust in himself but the facts when he's working.

Pokemon: Female Shuckle (Shelly)
Accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
Just to be certain the spot isn't taken, I wanted the Defense Attorney position, and I shall be back for it. Later.
Latio and NES2 are reserved
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com