Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor
Default Election Day 2010

In the United States, today is Election Day. Please discuss.

Twin: Eternal Moonlight | Sister: Scourge of Amaranth | Pair: Doodlebop
Theme by Mizuki Emi

Last edited by Trent Reznor; 11-16-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Default Re: Election Day 2010

Too young to vote, but I'd go conservative.

Yes, Republicans have control of the House! Not the Senate, but we weren't hoping for that. ^^

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

personaly i dont care about polotics......
Old 11-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Can't vote, myself, but...

The Democratic candidates refuse to stand by any of their ideals (I have seriously seen Democratic ads where the candidates talk about how they're going to fight for your rights against President Obama) because they're cowering from opponents and the Republicans are, at this point, pretty much characterized by the Tea Party. Either way, meh.

Kinda sucks that the House has one party and the Senate has another, though; how much are we gonna get done with that setup?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Can't vote, myself, but...

The Democratic candidates refuse to stand by any of their ideals (I have seriously seen Democratic ads where the candidates talk about how they're going to fight for your rights against President Obama) because they're cowering from opponents and the Republicans are, at this point, pretty much characterized by the Tea Party. Either way, meh.

Kinda sucks that the House has one party and the Senate has another, though; how much are we gonna get done with that setup?
It's happened before. We're going to see the same thing, probably, that we did in '96, when we had a Democratic president and a Republican Congress. They'll just be forced to work together. And look what came of that partnership.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

I voted for William Redpath, Libertarian for Virginia's District 10. I was one of only 5% who voted for him. Oh well, at least the Democrats didn't win my election.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

I really don't give a damn about American politics anymore; we're screwed either way.

Last edited by Seawolf; 11-03-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

All you get if you're in politics is corruption. Plain corruption. But I don't want those Liberals take over. I'm Republican.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
All you get if you're in politics is corruption. Plain corruption. But I don't want those Liberals take over. I'm Republican.
You are absolutely right, Dark Lord. Everything you said is what I think and/or am.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

Also, if you are President, anything that happens is blamed on you. Stub your toe, blame the President. So on, and so on.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
Also, if you are President, anything that happens is blamed on you. Stub your toe, blame the President. So on, and so on.
Stub your toe? Blame yourself!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

Tell that to some of the fools in the USA. Some of the people in the USA doesn't do that. I don't, but a lot of people do where I live, and I live in South Carolina...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
It's happened before. We're going to see the same thing, probably, that we did in '96, when we had a Democratic president and a Republican Congress. They'll just be forced to work together. And look what came of that partnership.
The economy was booming with no help required from the government, the government situation at that time proves nothing.

Honestly, I don't think the Republicans are going to be any better at fixing the economy than the Democrats. Worse, if anything, since all they'll do is try and cut taxes.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 11-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
The economy was booming with no help required from the government, the government situation at that time proves nothing.

Honestly, I don't think the Republicans are going to be any better at fixing the economy than the Democrats. Worse, if anything, since all they'll do is try and cut taxes.
Actually, no, that's not true! If you cut taxes and spending, the economy will improve.

Because, when you cut taxes, people are more likely to spend money. They don't feel like a humongous portion is going to the government. So they'll be more motivated to go out and buy something, stick money in the bank, etc.

But you have to cut spending too. Otherwise it still won't work.

*clears throat* Anyway.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 11-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
Actually, no, that's not true! If you cut taxes and spending, the economy will improve.

Because, when you cut taxes, people are more likely to spend money. They don't feel like a humongous portion is going to the government. So they'll be more motivated to go out and buy something, stick money in the bank, etc.

But you have to cut spending too. Otherwise it still won't work.

*clears throat* Anyway.
Yes, but cutting taxes is only one tool out of many, and it's by no means the best one. However, it's the only one Republicans will accept. It's a waste of money to try and give money to everyone whether they are doing poorly or not. The most efficient use of money is targeted, controlled spending with a goal in mind; not giving everyone a tax break and hoping for the best. However, very few politicians have a clue or even care about understanding the implications of what they're saying; they just want to say nice things that give voters fuzzy feelings. And, imo, the Republicans are more prone to this than Democrats, although that's just personal opinion without much evidence to back it up.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."

Last edited by Lusankya; 11-04-2010 at 10:18 PM.