Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Default Dentists

Are you scared of dentists? I am, since I'm going to meet my orthodontist soon...

I'm probably going to have 4 teeth removed,and I'm getting braces next year. I also have a severe overbite that will damage the back of my teeth. Brr...

Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Dentists

I have had 5 teeth pulled because of overbite...

No need to worry, once they put the numbing medicine in you can't really feel it. Just lay back and imagine Pokemon or something else to take your mind off of it. When you are done, you will have a bit of pain for 3-5 days depending on the tooth, but it will feel better when you are done.

I'm not scared of dentists. I don't mind going if I need to.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Skylands Offline

I've had teeth pulled, braces, a capped tooth, and shots in my jaw. I must admit I was frightened during those times, but in the end they weren't so bad. Thus, no, I am not afraid of dentist or orthodontist visits.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:38 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
No need to worry, once they put the numbing medicine in you can't really feel it. Just lay back and imagine Pokemon or something else to take your mind off of it.
That's not entirely accurate...
You'll feel it. It just won't hurt(for a while). And, you will hear the tooth crunching before it's pulled because they have to squeeze pretty tight in order to get a good grip on the sucker. Honestly, it's a pretty crappy experience overall. Lots of blood and you have to rinse with nasty salt water for a few days afterwards. Just a heads up .

But, take it from somebody who dealt with it from a young age until he was about 18, all the discomfort, pain and general nuisance is totally worth having a nice set of teeth in the end. Trust me, i've seen old videos of myself before braces and i looked like a damned horse. You'll be happy.
Just go to a fuzzy place during the pulling. It helps if the nurse is a hotty.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Nah, I'm not afraid of them. I've had cavities filled and teeth drilled even without Novocaine. The pain bothers me less than the limp, numbing feeling, so I just get it done without it. I have to admit though, they do seem pretty surprised when I turn it down. XD

Also, I've had all four wisdom teeth taken out. First couple days after that were hell, but after, it wasn't so bad.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Doodlebop Offline

I'm not afraid of the dentist, but that doesn't mean I like it.

I have pretty healthy teeth- no cavities or anything. I had to wear braces, though, and only very recently got them off. Now I have to wear a retainer at night, unless I forget to, then I have to wear it during the day. (Like now. GARAGARGH I HATE THIS THING SO UNCOMFORTABLE.)

Next orthodontist appointment- eight weeks from now. I have to get x-rays of my teeth.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 10-26-2010, 09:17 PM
kokovo Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to kokovo

Nah, I'm not afraid. I do get a bit freaked out when I know they're going to do something painful like tighten my braces though.

Earth taken from the Voyager 1 as it left our solar system
Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
Are you scared of dentists? I am, since I'm going to meet my orthodontist soon...
Orthodontists and Dentists are totally different things. :o I am so afraid of the dentist, but the orthodontist is just meh. They've never do anything to me that involves sharp objects so I'm fine with it. You get used to having people pulling and tightening stuff in your mouth.

I am deathly afraid of the dentist, however, and refuse to let them even bring a needle close to me without laughing gas ._.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn View Post
That's not entirely accurate...
You'll feel it. It just won't hurt(for a while). And, you will hear the tooth crunching before it's pulled because they have to squeeze pretty tight in order to get a good grip on the sucker. Honestly, it's a pretty crappy experience overall. Lots of blood and you have to rinse with nasty salt water for a few days afterwards. Just a heads up .

But, take it from somebody who dealt with it from a young age until he was about 18, all the discomfort, pain and general nuisance is totally worth having a nice set of teeth in the end. Trust me, i've seen old videos of myself before braces and i looked like a damned horse. You'll be happy.
Just go to a fuzzy place during the pulling. It helps if the nurse is a hotty.
And here I was, being a big boy and not being afraid. Then you just had to shatter it all.

Now I'm scared. Very scared I am Silver, there for I am not scared by my contract that I made in crayon.

<--- Credit to Doodlebop|Credit to Temporal Snake
Old 10-27-2010, 02:13 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Better to expect the worst and have it not be so bad after all, than have a bunch of people tell you it ain't nothing and be horribly surprised.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Deathstroke Offline

Send a message via AIM to Deathstroke

I just had three wisdom teeth removed. I was awake the whole time and they just numbed me. It didn't hurt, and two days later I'm feeling pretty good. Not to mention the percocets are a big advantage also.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:24 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I haven't had any wisdoms pulled, but I've had 2 root canals. No, not cavities. I broke 2 front teeth in 6th grade.

It's not the horrible ordeal you see on TV shows and stuff, but it's not a super happy land either (unless they give you laughing gas, which I never had the luxury of receiving)

It's like, you gotta go through a good hour of listening to this loud tool just drilling away at your tooth. Sure, it doesn't hurt, but the whole time your mind is going "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-"

Last edited by Ridley; 10-27-2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: please call within the next fifteen minutes to receive our BONUS unrelated cup holder
Old 10-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Deathstroke Offline

Send a message via AIM to Deathstroke

Ah, good point Ridley. I had one root canal when I was in the 5th grade. They just numbed me but I was waiting for the anesthetics to go away and feel this world of pain. I also got a tooth removed in my 9th grade year and they used laughing gas on me. It didn't make me laugh or anything. I just felt really relaxed and counted my fingers a bunch of times. I couldn't walk on my own though.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

One time I had four cavities taken care of at once. It sucked. I don't remember being given anything either, but I didn't feel anything lol.

I also had all four wisdom teeth taken out at once, too. Then exactly a week later, I got braces put on. I couldn't eat at all. xD It reaaaally really hurt, but it wasn't that bad as long as I took the VICODIN I was prescribed. Vicodin was my best friend.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

I get braces next year. *cries* And now I'm scared of getting my teeth pulled out... Too much badness... *wails* I also have a severe overbite, so bad you can't see my back teeth when I bite.

Spoiler: