Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Cynthetik Offline
New Trainer

Default Team Cynthetik - First UU team. [And a SkarmBliss Variant]

I think it’s important for me to let you know that I'm new to UU and that this is my very first UU team. Since I can’t find the UU Threat list anywhere on google or smogon or anywhere, I still manage to study and watch a lot of Shoddy Battles, and read a lot of Articles. I play primarily for OU and wanted to try out UU because, hey I like trying out new things, and also not to mention tha t I use this team for Wi-fi battling[Shoddy is used for testing purposes only.] and certain OU pokemon can be very difficult to attain in my games. I tend to focus more on how my pokemon will work together as one full team(Hence why I use Fire/Water/Grass types in all of my teams) by healing each other, compensating for their threats and low stats until I come across threats that seriously needs to be addressed.

This team has been thoroughly tested in Shoddy Battle to find any possible threats to the team and rearrange them in a way to counter them while still being able to keep the team’s synergy.

Thanks in advance for rating, I hope to hear lots of helpful tips and critiques that would really improve my team.

Team Cynthetik UU - At a glance

Brain @ Light Clay

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Yawn

I felt I needed a lead that can set up walls, and the whole team greatly benefits from Light Screen and Reflect, especially Chansey and Mismagius, who are both very frail physically. I chose Uxie over Alakazam(I had an Alakazam before I changed to Uxie. I thought it would be best against Ambipom.) because Alakazam was too frail to be used competively, so I chose Uxie instead because it’s much more bulkier with walls up and can perform the same roles multiple times without dying. This pokemon benefits from Chansey’s wish to be able to last longer throughout the fight.

---

Piccolo (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 32 HP/252 SAtk/224 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

I love Swift Swim Rain Dance sweepers. Heck, I just love abusing special abilities. The reason I chose Ludicolo over Floatzel is because it covers both the Water and Grass types in my typical FWG core. Rain Dance is used to abuse Ludicolo’s special ability Swift Swim. Swift Swim raises his speed in the rain allowing him to revenge kill most pokemon. Ludicolo partners well with Arcanine and Steelix due to his 4x resistance to Water Type attacks and his high special defense. Energy Ball is used for bulky water types and and to counter Lanturn and Azumarill. Ice Beam is used against Altaria, Venusaur, and Torterra.

---

Boomchicken (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze

EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Flare Blitz
- Blaze Kick
- Thunderpunch
- Low Kick

Fire Type in the FWG core. Blaziken covers for Mismagius, Uxie and Chansey by keeping most Darks and Steels in check. I had a hard time deciding whether or not to use This CB Blaziken or a CB Arcanine. I wanted to choose Arcanine because it has a priority move. It was okay, but I decided to use Blaziken instead for type coverage that this team could really use. Blaze Kick and Flare Blitz should be enough to even OHKO the most Bulky of UU(According to metal kid’s damage calculator. Thunderpunch to cover for its weakness to water/Flying types.

---

BlissJr (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 Def/4 Spd/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect[Or Softboiled?]

Remember the Infamous SkarmBliss synergy in OU? Using Chansey and Steelix was an attempt to recreate this synergy and make use of it in UU. Steelix’s stellar defenses makes up for Chansey’s crappy defenses, while Chansey’s special bulk can compensate for Steelix’s mediocre special defense. ( Just like Skarmory and Blissey.)Chansey’s real role is to be the cleric. Chansey does best switching in to special sweepers and Passing Wish onto her partners, mainly SubNP Mismagius and LO Ludicolo and Blaziken as well, and especially heal Steelix and herself. Toxic is there to cripple defensive walls. Protect is used so Chansey can heal herself with Wish without taking damage.

(Also, I’m not sure if I should use Softboiled over Protect so Chansey can heal herself and stand alone. I may need help with this.)

---

Skarm (Steelix) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Toxic

The Skarmory in my UUSkarmBliss Synergy. Similar to Skarmory, but with higher defenses. Steelix’s role is to wall the physical attacks that Chansey is weak too, while being able to set up Stealth Rock, and Roar away possible counters, not to mention scout the team. Earthquake is a STAB move and can be used to take out Aggron, and Fire Types. Toxic is used to cripple Max Defenses Spiritomb, and possibly stall him out, making Steelix a possible partner for Mismagius who really appreciates Spiritomb outta the ball park. Steelix can be used to roar any pokemon that attempts to set up.

---

Phantom (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
IVs - 31/6/30/30/30/30
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Mismagius, oh God. It took me a long time to find out that Mismagius’ only place is in UU, despite her doing so well in my OU teams where she is otherwise already outclassed. The idea is simple, switch Mismagius in on a pokemon she already counters, and stand by for a switch. Giving you a turn to set up Substitute, and start stacking Nasty Plot, and watch Mismagius go on a rampage. With the ability to possibly to 2HKO Chansey/Registeel with a boosted HP Fighting and with her high speed stat, Mismagius is a force to be reckoned with against unprepared teams. Mismagius, however due to her physical frailty, needs Uxie's reflect up so she’d be able to set up and sweep for longer. Absol likes to switch in to set up sweepers like her and hit her with a Sucker Punch(I…hate…that…move), so I have Blaziken take care of it, while Steelix can wall absol completely.

---
Again, thanks for looking at my team. I take all advice with a grain of salt. Harsh criticism welcome. This is my first time in the UU scene, and I really want to take a stab at it.

Last edited by Cynthetik; 10-08-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Shreyas Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Team Cynthetik - First UU team. [And a SkarmBliss Variant]

This is a pretty good and well balanced team. For Chansey, you would want Soft Boil for recovery.

<--- She wants to be a Dragonite
Old 10-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Tsujin Offline

I'd say go with Softboiled as well on Chansey for an instant recovery but I have to ask is that really a legit Wish/Seismic Toss Chansey cuz I'd love to get one if you don't mind. I have a Wish & Seismic Toss Blissey's but not one with both. :/

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Steelix doesnt wall Absol at all, SD LO SuperPower OHKO's it with ease.

SD LO Sucker Punch also does 80% to Blaziken despite resistance so id be VERY careful.

Really though Ludicolo kinda hinders you alot. Its Rain just makes things like Kabutops shred you. As a stand alone sweeper it really isnt good, it needs a whole team dedicated to Rain to be effective. Id suggest something better over it to check Absol too.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)

Last edited by Dark_Azelf; 10-11-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Closed Thread