Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default [RP] Dungeons and Dragonites: Trial Run [RP]

Role Play idea (c) Crystal Momoyia and Pyroboy74
Trial Run idea (c) Crystal Momoyia
Banner (c) AngelAquino

Dungeon Master
Alright, since this is a trial run, I'm not going to put the plot and the rules like I usually do when I start RPs for those who have role played with me before. I'll just give the plot for the trail run here in a bit, but first I think I need to go over how things are going to be done. Just to remind everyone, first I'm going to explain what Free Action and Turn Base are.

Free Action is when your character can do anything. Just remember, most of the things you may want to do might need a dice roll. Actions that will need a dice roll are perception check (when you look around and see if you notice anything out of the ordinary), listen check, smell check, when you try to move things out of the way, intimidation (when you are talking to someone), and things that are similar to that. You don't need to roll to move around and talk to people. Since you can do whatever, you can post as many times in-between the DM posts. I just ask that there aren't a ton of posts, lets say a full page, of in character posts in between two DM posts. Turn Base is when everyone will post in character only once in-between every Dungeon Master post since the DM has to roll to see if the attack hits and then roll to see how much damage is done.

Like I said, this is a trial run, so I believe there will be mistakes. But that is okay. That's why we are doing this. If I critic you, please do not got mad. I am only trying to help you with the style of RP that this is. To me and Pryo, this style of RP is very enjoyable, even at times we don't like the outcome of our dice rolls. Speaking of Pyroboy74, he is also able to post Dungeon Master posts. He and I have discussed this RP, so if I am unable to post as must as I need to, he can take over and post for me until I am able to return. We are splitting the DM responsibilities, which is something you hardly ever see in an actual D&D game as far as I know. I may be wrong, however.

Now, at the beginning of every post, I want you to post your character's name, their species, if they are a Pokéthrope what form they are in, their class, and if they are away from the group their location. Otherwise you can put "With Group". Here are two examples.

Surge, warrior assassin
Pokémon - Houndoom
With group

Naomi Daiyu Lupa, rouge
Pokéthrope - Mightyena - human form
Away from group, outside the shop

Surge doesn't need to say what form he is in since he is a Pokémon, so he has only one form. He is also with the group, so he doesn't have to give his location. Naomi, on the other hand, is a Pokéthrope, so she needs to say if she is in human, Pokémorph, or Pokémon form. She is also away from the group, and in that situation the group is inside a shop. Since she is away from it and outside the shop, probably looking around, she has to give her location even though she's not too far away from everyone else.

Going to dice rolls, I will not post what each character rolls in the trial run. I will post the numbers in the actual RP though so that you will see how different rolls affect your actions. I'm not asking for this in Free Action, but in turn base, the following format is what I would like to see.

Your action
What will happen if you succeed in your action
What will happen if you fail your action

I ask for that so that I will know what your character will do in each situation since in my DM posts during Turn Base will include the scenario and then what happens after I roll the dice. If you have any questions about this, please ask in the discussion thread.

Lastly, I will be playing almost every NPC (non playable character). So say you want to talk to the shopkeeper, you have to post you go over and start a conversation, but of course you will have to go into more detail in that. You cannot say what the shopkeeper says to you since as a DM, I will play as him or her. In a Dungeon Mast post, I will post how the shopkeeper responds to your characters.

Alright, I think I have explained enough for now. If you think I need to add anything or if you have any questions, post in the discussion thread or PM me. I have no problem with answering your questions. Now, I will give you all the scenario for the trial run.

Scenario

Everyone's characters know one another and have been traveling together for a while now. During their travels, they come across a town. The town seems lively, but even though the people are friendly towards the adventurers, they notice that every now and then some of the townsfolk seem anxious. The group goes into a tavern that also acts like a pub to get a few drinks and rent some rooms. In the main room, it seems like a normal pub other than the staircase next to the bar that leads up to the second floor where the rooms for rent are located. There is a sign that says "If you wish to rent, talk to the bartender". In front of the bar, there are about six round tables scattered around, and at the table in the corner there is a group of people. You cannot tell if they are human or Pokémorph because their table isn't in the direct light, so there is a shadow cast over it. What do you do? Right now, it is Free Action.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 10-04-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Coddleflop Offline

Default Re: [RP] Dungeons and Dragonites: Trial Run [RP]

((Sucky first post, I know...))

Rosa - Sorceress
Pokémorph - Roserade
With the group

We had entered a tavern. The atmosphere here seemed happy and uplifting, probably due to the heavy amounts of alcohol within the tavern-goers bodies. The room stank of ale and sweat, making me wrinkle my nose in disgust, though the people who had been here all night probably didn't realize. My eyes trailed around the room, taking in my surroundings. Lanterns swung on the roof above us, shedding light into the large room. Six round tables were placed upon the hard wooden floor, offering places to place pints of ale, or to rest on. A couple seats were vacant, only just enough for our group.

As I scanned the large room, my eyes came to rest upon six figures, all sitting around a corner table were the light didn't quite reach them. Their forms were cloaked in shadow, making it hard to see what species they were. They started talking between themselves, though it was barely audible, and they might not have been talking at all. Something about the way they were keeping to themselves unsettled me. I turned on one foot to the others. 'Something about that group in the corner worries me,' I stated, checking over my shoulder, 'they seem too... I don't know, quiet.'

Last edited by Coddleflop; 10-05-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Ru, Beastmaster
Human
With Group

I stood off from our travelling party, still not used to so many human and part human beings at once. Abik had his claws in my shoulders, hugging me from the front under my cloak. His head poked out from under it, pushing his head in front of mine to see what was going on. He sneezed at the smell of it, and I wouldn't blame him, it didn't smell appeal to me either. I rubbed his side comfortingly, feeling his smooth skin with my hand. Honestly, I wasn't one for staying in these 'pubs' or 'taverns' as they were called, but I was a bit hungry.

I looked down at Rosa when she spoke of the group in the corner. I strained my eyes but even I couldn't make out who it was. The other tables that were emptier seemed of more interest to me than the one that was shadowed and seemingly full of humanoids, at least I could only guess humanoids. Abik got a better grip on my shoulders as he kept looking at the group in question. I could tell he was curious about them.

I decided to speak. "Well, we are also a group that would like to keep to themselves no? Bothering them leaves no immediate incentive for them to bother us."

I still spoke quietly amongst our group, I was again, still getting used to all these people. Abik nuzzled my head and I just patted him. He was like a big baby, one that could really fight back if he wanted to. Right now he just wanted some attention and to make me feel better. He was a good little Onondo. Well little for his species anyway.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Hero/Victory
Paladin/Warlord
Pokemorph- Lucario/Pokethrope-Lucario-Pokemorph form
With the group

Hero reluctantly entered the tavern, the stench of alcohol exploding into his nostrils, the revolting aroma tingling his senses, his mouth forming into disgust, though this was unseen to the others because of his helmet. Hero glanced at Victory, who was looking at a group in the corner, the group seeming somewhat shady. Hero's hand instinctively moved to the sword on his thigh, though it did not look as if he were ready to draw the weapon, if need be he would have it out in an instant, ready to protect Victory. Victory glanced back at Hero, the look telling Hero to remain vigilant.

Victory walked over towards the bar, leaning against it, surveying the surroundings. She hated the stench of drunkards, as well as the smell of ale. She had no clue as to what was so appealing about a disgusting beverage, and the smell was simply horrendous, usually making Victory want to throw up in disgust. Hero was close to Victory, not leaving her side, having followed her the instant she walked to the bar. She threw a glare at Hero, who looked back at her, query in his eyes.

"Do you have to follow me everywhere, Hero?" Victory whispered, only loud enough for Hero to hear.

"It is my duty to protect you mistress. I cannot allow harm to befall you." Hero whispered back, the loudness of the whisper only perceivable to Victory's ears.

"Do you constantly have to refer to me as mistress? Call me by my name, Hero." Victory whispered, letting a sigh escape her.

"It would be dishonorable to call you anything else, mistress." Hero stated, glancing again at the group in the corner, his eyes narrowing. "Mistress, I am wary of them."

"Hero, at ease. Don't worry, I don' think anything will happen. However if it does, don't hold back in being in the fray." Victory commanded, nearly mouthing the words to Hero.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Coddleflop Offline

Rosa - Sorceress
Pokemorph - Roserade
With The Group

'You have a fair point, Ru, but that still does not relax my senses.' I replied quietly to the Beastmaster, not wanting to draw attention. My eyes once again wandered to the group. It was either curiousity or fear that kept me on my guard about the group. While they weren't bothering anyone, there was something at the back of my mind that wouldn't let me relax about them. 'I guess we'll have to wait and see if my suspicions hold true.'

Last edited by Coddleflop; 10-05-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Surge, warrior assassin/Naomi Daiyu Lupa, rouge
Pokémon - Houndoom/Pokéthrope - Mightyena - human form
With Group
Naomi and Surge were the next ones to enter the tavern. The two have known each other long before this group was formed. Naomi was used to the smells of the tavern, and Surge wagged his tail when he saw the bar. Naomi pointed to the sign above the bar, and it said "Pokémon not allowed to be served alcohol". Surge then pouted, but then he caught a scent he didn't know what it was. Naomi looked around and saw the table that was in shadowed. There were about six forms there, but with the quick glance she could not tell what they were. Surge also gave a quick glance, and he didn't recognize the shapes either.

For a moment Naomi listened to Ru and Rosa and Surge watched as Hero and Victory went to the bar. He had wanted to get a drink when they first entered, but now he was curious of the form. He motioned for Naomi to follow, and the Pokéthrope did just that. They sat down at a table that wasn't too far away from the table that had the unknown figures. They again turned their attention to that table, Naomi taking a closer look at them and Surge trying to figure out what their scents told him.
Player's Note: Naomi is doing a Perception Check and Surge is doing a Smell Check

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Robert/Warrior and Lilly/Sorceress
Arcanine Pokemorph/Gardevoir Pokemorph
With Group

Robert and Lilly entered into the tavern with the group. While Lilly made a scrunched-up face at the smell, Robert was right at home. Robert marched straight for the bar and sat himself down on one of the stools. "Some honey ale please." he requested from the bartender.

Lilly shook her head a bit. The guy could handle his liquer well, but it always amazed her why people would want to inhibit their minds with intoxications. "I'll never understand men's fixation on a drink that clouds the mind." she uttered to herself before her attention was drawn to a small group. "Well, some people do like privacy. If they turn out hostile, we'll just have to take them outside. However, I don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves. Paranoia isn't the best thing to enter a bar with." she spoke to the Roserade.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Monday Offline
Amateur Trainer

Riku - Assassin
Pokethrope - Butterfree - Pokemon form
With Group

Riku and her Butterfree Sola flitted into the bar behind all the others. As soon as they went in the smell overpowered them both. Sola flew out the bar again not being able to take the smell of stale, drunk people, and waited for Riku in a nearby tree. Riku beared her teeth and flitted above the group listning in on there conversation about the strange group hidden in the shadows. She silently agreed with Ru, wasn't there group strange to.

Riku watched as Naomi, a fellow Pokethrope, and Surge, a fellow assassin, sat at a table. She decided to flit over and land on the table letting her wings rest. She plainly ignored the suspicious but very intrueging group not to far away. She thought it a bit rude to stare, but she silently contemplated on who they are and mostly what they might be.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Blake Nerali
Dusknoir Pokéthrope - Pokémorph Form
With Group

Blake floated into the bar, not bothering to even open the doors. He enjoyed being part ghost, it made life easy. "Haha. You poor humans have to walk through the door, and I can just float along through easily as...." he stopped abruptly as he ran into a wall. "Of course, it helps if I pay attention. What is that?" Blake turned to look and saw a group of people huddled and talking quietly around a small table. Blake smiled as he saw Naomi and Surge go over to try and spy on them, and decided he would attempt invisibility to spy as well.

Arya Nerali
Bellossom Pokéthrope - Pokémorph Form
With Group

Arya danced into the bar after her brother, tossing open the doors and glancing around to see how many stares she would receive from the patrons. She laughed to herself, and danced over to the bar. "Excuse me? Bartender, I need an Apple Martini. Send it over to that table as well," she pointed over to Naomi and Surge's table. She skipped over and sat beside Naomi, then quietly listened to see what the men at the table beside them were talking about.

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 10-05-2010, 12:51 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master
OoC: I don't know how many of you noticed, but in my IC post I put a Player's Note at the bottom. I would suggest that you put that at the bottom of your posts if you are trying to do some sort of check or anything that may need a dice roll just in case I cannot tell what it is you are trying to do by just reading your post.

Naomi Daiyu Lupa does a Perception Check. She passes. Naomi notices that the group of six consists of four humans and two Pokémorphs. Their cloaks were made of expensive navy silk bordered with violet. She cannot, however, tell if the humans are full human or Pokéthrope and what kind of Pokémorphs the other two are. Naomi can, however, tell by the body shapes that two are female and four are male. She tells Surge, Arya, and Riku quietly so the others do not hear her.

Surge does a Smell Check. He passes. Surge can smell expensive perfume on the ladies, but underneath that he can tell one is human and the other is a Pokéthrope, but the perfume masks the species of Pokéthrope she is. He can tell that one of the men is a Luxray Pokémorph by his scent and another man is a Jolteon Pokémorph. He could tell that one of the men was human and that the other was a Pokéthrope, but he could smell the alcohol on his breath. That was overpowering the species of Pokéthrope he is, along with the soap smell from his cloak. He informs the ladies with him, in a whisper like Naomi so that his companions were the only ones to hear him.

Arya Nerali does a Listen Check. She fails. All Arya can hear is whispers. She cannot make out any words.

Blake Nerali attempts to go invisible. He passes. He successfully goes invisible. Blake Nerali then does a Perception Check. He passes. Blake notices everything that Naomi and Surge notice, but what he sees that neither of them did was that the men all had at least one long sword, the human female had a short bow, and the Pokéthrope female had two short swords. He could also make out expensive rings and bracelets on a few members of the group.

NPC: The bartender looked up to see an Arcanine Pokémorph sit at the bar and asked for some apple ale. "No problem, sir," he said. The bartender was an older gentlemen, with graying hair and glasses. Behind the glasses one could see pale green eyes. He turned around to pour the ale, and then a Bellossom Pokémorph asked for an Apple Martini to be delivered to a table. He nodded before turning back to the Arcanine Pokémorph to give him his ale. "Don't worry. Travelers get their first drink on the house." He then looked around to see a few other newcomers, mostly Pokémorph and a couple of humans and Pokémon. "Are you all traveling together?" he then asked as he started to make the martini. He gave it to one of the younger men who was dressed as a waiter once it was finished. The young man took the drink to the Bellossom Pokémorph, repeating what the bartender said about the first drink being on the house before returning to behind the bar. "If you all are adventurers and have battle experience, I suggest you don't stay long," the old man then mumbled before cleaning his glasses, but loud enough for the Pokémorph (Robert) to hear him.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 10-05-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:58 AM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

OOC: A bit late hehe

Sam Sage/Damien Redcliff
Human/Vaporeon Pokemorph
Ranger/Cleric
With Group

Sam and Damien walked into the tavern, Damien just half a step ahead. Damien scrunched his face and groaned at the smell of the place, but Sam just gave him a sideways glance at his complaint. They walked over and sat on a couple of stools at the bar, though they had no intention of getting anything.

They listened as the group discussed a somewhat shady looking group of people in the corner, but didn't take part in the conversation. Sam turned to Damien and, keeping her voice down, said, "I don't understand why people are so nosy. If we would all sit in the darkest corner of the tavern and keep to ourselves, I think this would be much more enjoyable."

"Yes, but you're a social reject," Damien stated plainly. Sam raised an unimpressed eyebrow and he continued, "Normal people don't hide in the dark like that. And anyway, something about them just doesn't seem right. The one thing I do agree with you about is that they're doing it wrong. You have to be more forward with people." He stood from the stool and started in the direction of the shady group.

Sam grabbed his arm and he turned back around. "When did I say that? You're going to kill yourself or something!"

"I thought you said they were just a bunch of normal people." Sam couldn't think of anything she could say to stop him and let go of his arm. He walked towards them and 'accidentally' bumped into their table as naturally as he could. "Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Oh, hey, are you guys adventurers or something? Because we just arrived in town, and we were wondering if there was anything interesting around here. Do you know of anything?"

Note: I suppose that's a Bluff check.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!

Last edited by sammy0295; 10-05-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:20 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

OoC: A Bluff Check is for when you are trying to tell if what someone is saying is a bluff. What your character is doing sammy is just going over and trying to start a conversation. You don't need a roll for that. Also, this is for everyone since I am seeing a few people not doing this, don't forget to also put what class your character is in the header.

Surge, warrior assassin/Naomi Daiyu Lupa, rouge
Pokémon - Houndoom/Pokéthrope - Mightyena - human form
With Group
Naomi took in the information she got from closely looking at the group before turning to see Riku in her Butterfree form on the table and then Arya in her Pokémorph form skip over to the table. She didn't say anything as she looked over at Surge, who was sniffing. He then sneezed and turned away with a silent snarl before he walked over to his Mightyena Pokéthrope companion. He then jumped onto the empty chair next to her.

"I don't like the smell of them," he quietly growled in human language.

"I don't like the look of them. Their cloaks are too expensive to be hanging out around here," Naomi replied. "They are royal blue and violet, colors of royalty. Why would they be hanging out in a place for commoners?"

"I'm not sure. All I know that two of the men are Pokémorphs, a Luxray and a Jolteon. One of the ladies is human and the other a Pokéthrope, but her perfume masks what species of Pokéthrope she she is. One of the men is human and the other a Pokéthrope, but the smell of alcohol and washing soap cloak his species as well," Surge then informed.

"It surprises me how much information you can get from their scent. If I was in my Pokémorph or Pokémon form, I could probably pick up on those as well."

Just then a young bartender came and gave Arya a drink. He mentioned something about how the drink was on the house before returning to the bar. Naomi gave a questioning look before she turned to her female companion, waiting to see if she was going to make sure it was safe to drink. Surge watched the young man for a moment before turning back to the small group. He then tried to remember if he saw anything on the way in that may help then in figuring out why the townsfolk were anxious and why there was a group with expensive attire.
Player's Note: Surge is attempting a Remembrance Check

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 10-05-2010, 04:43 AM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Arya Nerali,Cleric and Blake Nerali, Hunter
Pokéthrope - Bellossom (Pokémorph Form), Pokéthrope - Dusknoir (Pokémorph Form)
With Group

Arya glanced down at he drink the boy served her, and wondered why they would be free if they were just traveling through. She beckoned Blake over, and he floated down to sit beside her. "I get the feeling something is wrong with this drink... Why else would it be free? Do you notice anything wrong with it?"

Player's Note: Blake and Arya are using Perception Checks

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 10-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Hero/Victory
Paladin/Warlord
Lucario Pokemorph/Lucario Pokethrope(Pokemorph form)
With the group

"Somebody is trying to poison a member of our group.." Hero whispered, his hand closing on the hilt of his sword.

"At ease Hero." Victory whispered back.

Hero relaxed, to an extent. He was still uneasy, his hand hovering over the sword, whilst he kept an eye on the group in the corner.

"Barkeep, may I ask as to why you provide a free drink off the bat?" Victory asked, leaning on the bar. "It is a bit mysterious as to why you would offer travellers a free first drink."

Victory leaned on the bar a bit more, a smile on her face.

"Come on, I'm sure you could just tell little ol' me, couldn't you?" Victory asked.

NOTE:
Victory is attempting to use her Charisma(of 13) to get an answer out of the barkeep.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.

Last edited by Kaioo; 10-05-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Robert/Lilly
Warrior/Sorceress
Arcanine/Gardevoir Pokemorphs
At the bar

Robert tilted his head a bit to the barkeep's response. "Why would that be? Wouldn't have anything to do with that group over there, or is it something else?" Robert asked out of curiosity. Usually taverns were always places traveling parties came to. So why would such an establishment want them gone, unless it was a place full of bar fights?

Lilly slipped into the stool next to Robert. She would attempt to use a very light psychic energy to just scan the surface thoughts of the barkeep, though she had her eyes closed for the moment she attempted this and was facing towards the rest of the group.

((Robert: Diplomacy | Lilly: Sense Motive))