Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Phantom Blade [RP]

SU
DS

OOC: My post will be up later on. For now, let me begin our story...

---

Our story begins in the land of Hanta. In response to signs of the imminent return of Dinako, the Order of the Phantom Blade has called brave warriors from both within and outside the Order to Necka Town, where they will meet in the Temple of the Order to discuss what must happen to stop Dinako. You each have traveled to the mountain city to respond to this call, in order to prevent the events that occurred thousands of years ago from finishing. The land of Hanta is counting on you to prevent darkness from overcoming the world. Your story begins now...

Meanwhile, Dinako's Children have met in the underworld of Borgir, a hive of corruption and criminal activity. Here you plot to destroy the Order and the sword, allowing Dinako to be reborn and destroy the world without opposition. Gathered in an underground room, you discuss your plan to rid the world of the Order. Many of the people gathered have their own reasons for letting Dinako return, and while some want to see the world end, others are in it to gain unimaginable power. Your story begins now...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Phantom Blade [RP]

Belphegor the Behemoth
Dinako's Children
Shenandoan Forest

The smell of wretched liver and warm blood hung in the air as Belphegor surveyed the scene. Three dead hoodlums lay on the ground, sliced into peices by Belphegor. One was unlucky enough to survive the strike tried to crawl away, but Belphegor spotted him and approached with a sick smile.

"I'm going to make you suffer..." said Belphegor, as the hoodlum continued to crawl, pulling his broken legs and entrails behind him. Belphegor reached down, and grabbed one of the legs and proceeded to pull the petty thief towards him. The thief began to beg for mercy, but Belphegor had no interest in sparing him.

"Pl-Please! It wasn't my idea! He forced me into it!" Said the thief, pointing towards the remains of his leader. Belphegor uttered a hearty laugh and responded.

"I'm not interested in who's idea it was. I've been itching for a fight all day. Yet somehow, you 4 have failed to full fill me. Now, I'm going to play with you." The thief screamed but Belphegor was quick to grab the thief's throat. The choking thief gasped for air, and just as he was about to kick the bucket, Belphegor let go and he fell to the ground. The hoodlum rolled over and clutched his throat, before noticing Belphegor was gone.

"Where'd he- Where- Where'd he go?" he exclaimed with great trouble, still clutching his throbbing throat.

"Looking for me?" said Belphegor, leaping from a tree and slamming his axe straight down through the thug's skull. Belphegor stood up and removed his axe from the ground. He was plastered with the blood of others and needed to clean up. He began to head towards Shenandoa to go for a swim in the lake...

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 11-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Luna Valentine and Lior Ariel
Order of the Phantom Blade
Necka Town, en route to the temple

"Jeez, you'd think it'd be easier to get here..." Loir puffed, leaning against the side of the stairs, looking up at the sleek white figure far ahead of him and sighed. "Lucky. He muttered, he imagined Luna was grinning, even in her fox's body with her and her sword in her mouth, and though he had no proof, he did know she'd heard him, as a sharp yip followed shortly after the remark, and she shifted back into her mostly human form and adjusted the short, puffed sleeves of her dress.

"Come on, Lior, move it!" The pale, silver-haired girl shouted down to him impaitiently, her soft white tail swishing quickly behind her in her annoyance, ears flatter than usual. Lior sighed and hauled himself up more steps, they had to get there eventualy, and if she was going to walk, then he might as well, too, thought he wondered how she did it, picking her sword up and placing it in the sheath on her back artfully. Especially with that sword, but she'd probably never tell him, just like all his other questions.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 11-12-2010, 05:09 AM
2gamers Offline

Lucretia Dara
The Order

It was a long journey from Shenandoa, but Lucretia and the emissary had arrived in Necka Town earlier that day. For someone who had lived in the forest all her life, it was certainly a new experience. The high mountain air was cool to the touch. The town was booming with activity, residents running in and out of buildings, many of which bore the name “Himashi” in honor of the local hero. At the local inn, Lucretia managed to find time to rest and straighten up before the big meeting. True, she was accustomed to roughing it in the outdoors, but when it came time for important events (such as the meeting in the temple), Lucretia knew how to look good. Though she wore the traditional colors and dress of her tribe, she also added pants to her outfit for modesty on the trail. No need to show her legs to future allies.

As she looked over her supplies and her pet sugarglider Furball, the young woman thought about the journey ahead. She was here as a representative of Shenandoa, in a town known for mighty warriors. All of her training came down to this. She would have to work hard to prove herself worthy among the regulars of the order. Hence her more conservative dress.

“It’s time,” said the emissary as he peaked into the room. Just like in Shenandoah, he wore a brown monk robe, complete with a rope belt. His build suggested that he did not work in the Order as a warrior. Rather, his voice was his weapon, used to rally young fighters to their cause. His name was Floyd, though that didn’t seem to matter much. She hadn’t spoken to him much for most of the trip.

Quietly, Lucretia gathered her things and followed the monk outside.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You are quite the quiet one, aren’t you?”
“…There just isn’t much to say.”

Floyd attempted to converse with Lucretia as they hiked up the steep stone path to the temple above. The woman stayed behind the monk; he knew the way there. That didn’t mean he could handle the rough terrain. There were a few close calls where Lucretia had to step in and keep Floyd from tumbling down the stairway, so she kept close behind.

As they journeyed upward, they found a couple of other warriors ahead of them. One was a silver-haired boy, the other…a fox. This was no ordinary fox though: it had a sword in its mouth. Within moments, the fox transformed into a girl, putting the large weapon back into its sheath. Lucretia looked on wide-eyed, though kept her surprise to herself.

“Ah, they’re regulars around here. You’ll be introduced soon enough.” Clearly the monk was unfazed by the transformation, as if such happenings occurred on a daily basis.

This would be an interesting day indeed…
Old 11-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Winter Offline

Luna's ears twitched up at the sound of Floyd's voice, and she turned her head to him, smiling and wiping all traces of annoyance with Lior off her face as she spoke. "Ah, hello, Floyd!" She called brightly, causing Lior to turn and provoked a snarp growl from her. "Don't look back, keep walking, slacker!" She snapped before turning back to the monk and woman on the stairs and turning the kindness back on. "It's seems you brought us yet another recruit, I'm Luna Valentine and that," She stopped to indicate Lior practically dragging himself up the stairs now, "Is Lior Ariel, my shadow and minor annoyance." She said as he came to a stop at her feet, then she smiled and looked down. "I'm really surprised you didn't just levitate yourself with wind, Lior." Luna told him almost smugly, and Lior groaned.

"Now you tell me!" He complained, she smiled, baring sharpened canines.

"Better now than never. We've still got a little ways." She replied, turning and looking up he stairs pointedly, the temple was a small spot in the distance, evoking another groan from Lior. He wondered if her torment towards him was the remnants of her foul mood from her visit to Rhea. He'd known the place was her home, but hadn't realized she'd had a sister--he'd never heard her speak much of her family until he found out her sister was the only part of it left nearly a week ago. Of course, it appeared she'd been expecting the younger Inui girl in the care of her fellow human villagers, not another Inui boy. Though he'd seemed pleasant enough to Lior, happily engaging in conversation, although his speech was a bit rough, but that was understandable as soon as he'd explained: He'd been living among a small pack of their kind in the forest up until recently heading into village life to care for Luna's sister, and he found human speech hard to get the hang of. Luna had been furious as soon as she'd seen him, turning on the nice old man she'd nicely introduced as the village elder and demanding to know why her sister was in the care of "Cloud, of all people, and not one of the villagers". All the reason in the world didn't have her see reason, and he avoided Luna at all costs for the duration of her visit, a lone gray wolf covered in wild, cowlicked fur that stood almost always in the range of sight, watching quietly, but nothing more, and the victim of a million glares. Since leaving Rhea, her mood had only improved fractionally in the following days. She had little patience for him especially, and seemed more distracted than normal.

"I guess so, but I still think you could have said something earlier, like when you were yelling at me less than three minutes ago?" He asked, Luna just shrugged.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Leandor Campitor

Leandor paused for breath and shielded his eyes against the sun to look at the temple again. It didn't seem any closer than last time... He groaned inwardly and continued the long trudge to the top. It would be much easier to get to the top in wolf form, but it wasn't worth the risk. He would walk like everyone else.

Normally, he didn't spend much time away from Necka Town and the Order, but recently he had been feeling more antsy than normal. He wondered if it had to do with the rumors that Dinako was returning- it certainly would increase the dark magic in the land, and that always made him feel... strange, for the lack of a better word. Others had noticed the change, as well. So he had decided to travel away for a bit, just to see if he felt any better.

Leander hadn't. He had felt worse. He just hoped he could get used to the change in the level of dark magic and that no one would notice he had a shorter temper than usual. He brushed some hair out of his eyes, wiped some sweat of his forehead and forced himself to keep tromping up the trail.

Say, what was that?

That was Floyd, a fellow order member, and someone unfamiliar. For a moment, he felt hostile- then calmed himself. It was probably just a new recruit. He picked up his pace and came up alongside them.

"Hello, Floyd," He said, pausing and letting his breathing slow. He turned his eyes on the brown-haired woman with emerald eyes standing next to him. No, he had never seen her before. "Who are you?" He asked, blinking steadily at her. The question sounded slightly rude, though Leander was unaware of that.

Leander heard a sound of an argument and let his eyes slide away a moment. Ah, it was Luna and Lior, slightly farther up the trail. That would explain it. They were always arguing or teasing each other, those two. He would greet them in a moment. His sharp blue eyes refocused on the young woman.

Midna
Dinako's Children
Borgir

It felt strange to return to the place Midna had worked so hard to sever her ties from. The city was how she remembered it- filled with criminal activity. Already she had had to teach a few roughs a lesson or two. She had grown up in the less seedy part of town, though that really wasn't saying much- she wouldn't be going anywhere near her house. No chance of recognition. She readjusted her cloak hood and continued walking down the street.

The underground room was supposed to have an entrance in an alleyway. This one, to be specific. Midna turned down it and wrinkled her nose as she passed a smelly garbage can. Not very classy, though, was it? She could have picked a better location... Not that anyone asked her, naturally. Carefully, she scanned the alleyway until she finally found what she was looking for. A symbol of Dinako on the wall. Normally it would have been taken as graffiti, but Midna knew better. She placed her hand up against it and pushed, gently.

A door swung inward in front of her, and Midna nodded, walking quietly down the staircase revealed. It swung silently shut after her.

She reached the bottom of the steps and found herself in a large room. Some seats were still empty, and she took one, but most had arrived- and were arguing. Naturally. Fools, all of them. She would wait until everyone arrived before she did anything.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 11-12-2010, 09:35 PM
NES2 Offline

Virgil Anamo
En Route to Necka Town

The first thing Virgil sensed when he woke up was familiarity. Sitting up from the small and rickety farm cart he had been sleeping in, Virgil found that he was being pulled up the mountain path that led to Necka Town. A villager he had met held the reins of two massive horses, whose muscles strained to pull the cart. The bottom of the cart was lined with hay, as well as some goods this villager was going to sell in Necka Town, including fresh fruits and vegetables of all kinds. It was a smart business plan, since the rocky terrain of Necka Town grew little, making importation the only way to bring any plant-based foods into the city.

Virgil brushed the hay out of his hair, and looked around. The sky was blue today, an optimistic sign at it's best. Still, a bit of worry hung over Virgil. He wasn't returning to the Temple of the Order just to stroll down memory lane. There was much more serious business to be taken care of.

Dark forces were beginning to stir. Indeed, an ancient evil was slowly returning to the land, one that would rip it apart if left to it's actions. Dinako was said to have mowed down thousands of warriors, except for one.

"Oh Himashi, why couldn't you finish the job when you had the chance?" ,Virgil asked himself, the villager driving the horses not caring to listen in on Virgil's thoughts. He believed that the Order could stop Dinako, but he felt it should have been over thousands of years ago. The best warriors from the world were convening upon Necka Town to carry out this task, by finding the sacred sword which could kill it, the Phantom Blade. Virgil knew the journey would be long and hard, but the world now counted on those who would assemble there.

"Well, it's time for this generation to take up the mantle. This is going to be one hell of an adventure", Virgil continued, reaching for a small canteen with water in it. Refreshing himself, Virgil waited until the cart pulled into the city, not thinking on it anymore. Only time could tell what was to happen Virgil decided, and he settled his mind as he neared the village.

------------

A few minutes later, the familiar village in the mountains came into view. The horses continuing in their trot, the lively and robust Necka Town opened up to Virgil, just like it had in his childhood. A few changes exited here and there, with new stores having opened and some closed, but the town had the same pure feel from all those years back. Crowds of people flowed through the streets, customers haggled with local merchants for the best prices, and children played in the street. The peaks of the mountains encircled the city like a protective wall, shielding it from the outside world. Passing the Shrine to Himashi, Virgil took a look at the statue built in his honor, a replica of the Phantom Blade held high in his hands as he posed gallantly.

The cart soon came out of the more populated sections of the city and came closer to the highest peak of all, which the Temple of the Order was built on. The monastery built on the cliff side rose high above the city, completely unchanged from the years that Virgil had trained in it, as though time itself had froze around it and prevented it from aging. The cart stopped at the bottom of some stone steps, the trek finally completed.

"Thank you for the lift kind stranger", Virgil said grabbing his canteen and hopping off the cart. He paid the man ten silver coins, and shook his hand before parting. The villager then whipped at the reins of his horses, driving them off into the distance.

Looking up the stone steps, Virgil remembered the first time he had climbed them. He had matured a lot since then, since he had nearly passed out on the first climb. There were others ahead of him, many of whom were unfamiliar to him. He couldn't see them very well from a distance, but he swore one had wolf ears of sorts. They were halfway through the trip, which Virgil had yet to start.

"Ah, memories. Well, there's no time to waste", Virgil said to himself. Making sure he was careful, Virgil began to slowly ascend the stone steps.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:29 PM
2gamers Offline

Lucretia Dara
The Order

“Ah, Luna, Lior, Leander. It’s good to see you’re all well.” Floyd told all of them. As a recruiter, the monk often kept up with many of the young warriors, whether it was to check on their progress or for advice on convincing more warriors to join their cause. As one of the younger monks in the order, Floyd could relate better to the young people, thus making him a bit more popular than other emissaries.

In response to Leander’s somewhat rough question, Floyd continued, ignoring the boy’s slight rudeness.

“This is Lucretia Dara of the Shenandoan Forest. She will be joining us for the meeting in the temple as a representative of the people of Shenandoa.”

“A pleasure to meet you all,” Lucretia said as she looked around at the trio. Her gaze ended at the closer of the three: Leander. Her bright green eyes met his blue as she reached out to shake his hand in an attempt to calm his mood. She gave a small smile to assure everyone she was an ally.

Last edited by 2gamers; 11-13-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Leandor Campitor

"Shenandoa?" Leander asked. "That's not too far from here, is it? Only a few towns over." He had been there once on his travels, possibly... Yes, he had. He remembered the forest. It had been huge, he recalled. He had liked it there. "I think I've been there once..." He stopped, lost in thought.

Leander looked down and suddenly noticed Lucretia's extended hand. After a moment of puzzlement, he suddenly remembered. He extended his hand and shook hers. "Glad to meet you, Lucretia," he said sincerely. He dropped her hand with a faint smile.

He turned slightly and nodded at Luna and Lior. "And it's good to see you two again." A tiny smile slid across his face again. He was suddenly struck by the fact that all their names began with 'L'. What was up with that?

Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
My Links
Old 11-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Winter Offline

Luna smiled, nodding to the group lower then herself and Lior on the steps, her ears twitching slightly, and her tail moving more calmly rather than in it's irritable twitching pattern now. "Shenandoa, huh? The tree-city, never ventured there, I like my feet on the ground, however much fun the forest seems to sound. I've always wondered if more of my kind lurked in there, but never really made it." She admitted brightly while Lior just frowned at her.

"You do realize that that forest is probably considered one of the most dangerous places in Hanta, right? People never go in alone and it's supposed to be home to a giant fox-faced bat, I've read some of their mythology and history." He told her, Luna shrugged.

"If you're trying to talk me out of a possible trip in my free time, it's not working." She replied simply, smirking. "Besides, I can take care of myself rather well." Then she turned her attention to Leander. "It's nice to see you again, too. How were your adventures away?" She asked, Lior turned to him as well.

"It's good to see familiar faces again, means Floyd here hasn't been trying to fill in our places or outnumber us with new guys." He said with a laugh.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Coddleflop Offline

Liam Carey
Order Of The Phantom Blade
Necka Town

Liam was waiting atop the stairs leading up towards the temple. He had been on his way to the meeting when he had noticed the others, deciding he'd wait for them. He looked over the stair railings, his hair blowing slightly in the wind, his brown eyes watching the world around him. He'd decided that now would be as good a time as any to practice his elements. He took a couple of steps away from the stairs, placing his hands a few inches from eachother. "Fire, come to me." he muttered in a deep voice. Between his ahnds the air distorted, heating up a considerable amount, before a flame flickered into life. Liam was mesmerized by it, watching it dance. His hands moved further apart, and the flame grew bigger, His hands moved further apart again, and once again the flame grew bigger. Liam continued this, up until the point that the flame was around the size of his head. Liam just stared into the fire, clearly lost in thought and oblivious to his surroundings.

OOC: Sucky first post, I know. :(
Old 11-14-2010, 04:45 AM
2gamers Offline

Lucretia gave a slight nod in response to Leandor’s smile. Suddenly, he didn’t seem so grumpy. It was reassuring that she was getting along well with the group of veterans. When the subject turned to her hometown, Lucretia had much to add to the others’ inquiry.

“If any do dwell in the forest, they are not in my neck of the woods,” she said in response to Luna’s remarks on the Inui. “It is a big forest, so anything’s possible.”

As Lior mentioned the “giant fox-faced bat”, Lucretia smirked at his fear.

“You should count yourself as lucky if you cross paths with Acero. No one living today ever has. That being said, it is a dangerous place to travel alone. Then again, just about everywhere is nowadays. Isn’t that why we’re here?”

Floyd huffed as Lior poked fun of his recruitment numbers.

“Well, I’ll have to replace you if you don’t get to the temple on time. Hurry up, all of you!”

The monk positioned himself behind the warriors, softly pushing them forward towards the top of the peak.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Winter Offline

Lior laughed at Floyd and smiled, "Even if we give you a head start, you know we'd beat you, buuuuuuut... Ah well, see you guys there!" Lior chirped, bringing his hands out in front of him and closing his eyes. After a moment, it seemed as though the young man ceased to agree with gravity's laws, and began to float.

"Lior, just remember that means you have to go up and forward." Luna teased, pulling her massive sword from it's sheath and looking back at Lucretia. "We'll have to discuss that later, I wouldn't mind meeting some cousins, but that'll have to be after we satisfy Floyd here. See you at the top." She said, waving before leaning Ecplise on a series of steps and shifted once more to her fox form and grabbed the sword by the hilt with her teeth and hefted it up before looking to Lior and both took off up the stairs before anyone could object.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Leandor Campitor

Leander hesitated a moment when Luna asked him how his journeys had been. Then, after a moment, he nodded and said, "not so good. I think the dark magic is getting stronger in the land." He refrained from mentioning how he knew that. He fell silent, listening to the conversation until Floyd told them to hurry up. He nodded. "You're right, we can stop and chat later." He began to walk up the mountain.

He watched silently as Lior began to float up the mountain and Luna transformed. He sort of envied Luna. She was completely at ease doing that, simply because it was the norm for her. He kind of wanted to... But, no, not now. He shook some hair out of his eyes and ran up the stairs after the two.

My Links
Old 11-14-2010, 03:38 PM
NES2 Offline

Virgil Anamo
En Route to Temple of the Order

Virgil made progress at a constant pace as he moved up the cliff side. The rocky surface of the ground here was the process slightly annoying, just as it had been back when he trained at the temple. The grinding trek was difficult, but since Virgil had done it before he was able to go faster than the others when ascending the stone steps. He eventually reached the midway portion of the trip, where a small stone bench was carved into the wall. Even the people who built this temple knew that practicality mattered, after all.

Sitting down, Virgil took a swig of water to refresh his parched throat, and admired the view. Even from the halfway point the city was a beautiful sight, with people of all sorts moving through the busy streets of the small town. Smoke rose from the chimneys of the houses, adding to the charm of the small town. Overall, Virgil couldn't shake the sense of belonging he had, this sense of "I'm home again".

Rubbing his ankles to alleviate the slight pain from the first part of the hike, Virgil stood up and began to walk up the second half of the stone steps, continuing his journey to the top.