Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 PM
TorterraMagic101 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

UserName: TorterraMagic101 (Magic)
Exp: Almost half a year, who knows?
Let's show 'em how we PE2K'ers sprite!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Dhjona Offline
Amateur Trainer

Username: Dhjona
Exp: Over 3 year

Besides, how exactly are we gonna do this (yeah, I read the rules)? When the theme is known everybody makes a theme related sprite and there will be a selection and the 5(?) best will be send in?

Last edited by Dhjona; 09-24-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:55 AM
QuestionablyRoyal Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to QuestionablyRoyal

Okay then,

Username: QuestionablyRoyal
Spriting Experience: Around 5 years....
I'm not proud of that.

Groovy!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Everyone is accepted.

And Speed, I was thinking of the third party being Tsr, but I'm not so sure. Trust me, I would never have Retypes as a theme unless I would need to.

And the judge could be a spriter, too if they wanted. *Looks willingly at Speed*

Dhjona, The five with the best scores (I will score some so the Judge doesn't need to score so many) will be chosen, and they will each be watched for their own team. I'm going over to Bulbagarden to see how many entrants we have.

And omfg I'm a Pikachu O.o

EDIT; I'm so sorry. Bulbagarden peoples are chicken, so they locked the thread. I'm so sorry you had to do that useless post for nothing. I posted a rant on there about it, if you wanted to read it.

Last edited by MoonKit; 09-24-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

NO Tokyo, BAD. XD Not TSR. They would reject us to no end; that is, unless you were to make us submit every entry as being required to be 100% custom. Hmm...you COULD try some people from DeviantART who aren't active members on either forums, though, or some people on the "The Cave of Dragonflies" message board, who also would count as a "third party," using the criteria mentioned shortly ago.

However, perhaps I'm being a bit too picky, but when picking judges, we should really make sure they know what the hell they're talking about, and/or are generally skilled in the art area in general (It would help greatly if they specialized in pixel art, but it would help just fine if they specialized in any other type of art that does NOT include using renders and photographs and the like.)

...Wait. They chicken-sh****d out? Wow. O_o;
Old 09-24-2010, 01:58 AM
FiragaShark Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Everyone is accepted.

And Speed, I was thinking of the third party being Tsr, but I'm not so sure. Trust me, I would never have Retypes as a theme unless I would need to.

And the judge could be a spriter, too if they wanted. *Looks willingly at Speed*

Dhjona, The five with the best scores (I will score some so the Judge doesn't need to score so many) will be chosen, and they will each be watched for their own team. I'm going over to Bulbagarden to see how many entrants we have.

EDIT; I'm so sorry. Bulbagarden peoples are chicken, so they locked the thread. I'm so sorry you had to do that useless post for nothing. I posted a rant on there about it, if you wanted to read it.
Wait, so it's canceled? I got super excited for nothing!

~My Claims~

Old 09-24-2010, 02:27 AM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

Hi! I'm a mod on Bulbagarden. If you'd like to do something like this... wild idea: ask the people in charge. You can't just post a thread out of the blue, and expect it to happen.

Now, if you'd really like to do this, by all means, contact one of the art mods over there and see if you can get clearance for it.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:23 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
NO Tokyo, BAD. XD Not TSR. They would reject us to no end; that is, unless you were to make us submit every entry as being required to be 100% custom. Hmm...you COULD try some people from DeviantART who aren't active members on either forums, though, or some people on the "The Cave of Dragonflies" message board, who also would count as a "third party," using the criteria mentioned shortly ago.

However, perhaps I'm being a bit too picky, but when picking judges, we should really make sure they know what the hell they're talking about, and/or are generally skilled in the art area in general (It would help greatly if they specialized in pixel art, but it would help just fine if they specialized in any other type of art that does NOT include using renders and photographs and the like.)

...Wait. They chicken-sh****d out? Wow. O_o;
I have no idea who to ask. It might be a better idea for you to ask around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiragaShark View Post
Wait, so it's canceled? I got super excited for nothing!
It probably would be, but it might not. Speed might as well save the day...unless those weirdo chickens from Bulbagarden end up closing the thread, even after I ask whoever. God, they have pissed me off to the full end. I might as well call it the stupidest site ever made, although it isn't in size 7 font, a font for two-year-olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
Hi! I'm a mod on Bulbagarden. If you'd like to do something like this... wild idea: ask the people in charge. You can't just post a thread out of the blue, and expect it to happen.

Now, if you'd really like to do this, by all means, contact one of the art mods over there and see if you can get clearance for it.
I'm sorry, but before posting that you are a nod somewhere other then here, Give some proof.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
I'm sorry, but before posting that you are a nod somewhere other then here, Give some proof.
He/she sounds pretty serious about what they're saying...why must you need proof for everything? =_=

And besides, moderator or not, he/she has a point. It would probably help to PM a moderator on Bulba about the contest and discuss it out with them rather than just making it pop up of of nowhere.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
He/she sounds pretty serious about what they're saying...why must you need proof for everything? =_=

And besides, moderator or not, he/she has a point. It would probably help to PM a moderator on Bulba about the contest and discuss it out with them rather than just making it pop up of of nowhere.
I second this. Do you need proof that I'm a girl now? Eh? (That was a stupid question XD)

Spoiler:
Old 09-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Team_Edward019 Offline
Elite Trainer

Too bad do0dss this sounded pretty orsum....why don't we ask serebii? I mean....as far as I know they've got a great art thread and have heaps of pixel artists

OMIGAWSHWARNINGWTH
The Pokemon Elemental Forums suck; don't go there.
They have an irresponsible, unreliable Admin, and two power
hungry moderators that will ban you if you say anything
that's even a smidgen not to their liking.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Gakupo Luka
♥~Paired To The Epic Peace Buyer~♥
Old 09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Everyone is accepted.

MEGA ULTRA SUPER SONIC FAIL!!!!! *Groudon roars*
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Gaygar rocks Offline
Master Trainer

i dont know but i said it already in my beloved poem lol noone has read my poem

but dont draw conclusions that they are chikens but maybe we should discuss with bulbagarden about it like speed (i think) said
Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaygar rocks View Post
i dont know but i said it already in my beloved poem lol noone has read my poem

but dont draw conclusions that they are chikens but maybe we should discuss with bulbagarden about it like speed (i think) said
XD
I said that for the most part. At first I was all, "omglolwtf" but then I thought, "oh. I see just where they're coming from now."
Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
PokePlayer Offline
Banned

Username: PokePlayer
Spriting Exp: 3-4 Years