Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 PM
TorterraMagic101's Avatar
TorterraMagic101 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 117
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

UserName: TorterraMagic101 (Magic)
Exp: Almost half a year, who knows?
Let's show 'em how we PE2K'ers sprite!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Dhjona Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 58
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Username: Dhjona
Exp: Over 3 year

Besides, how exactly are we gonna do this (yeah, I read the rules)? When the theme is known everybody makes a theme related sprite and there will be a selection and the 5(?) best will be send in?

Last edited by Dhjona; 09-24-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-24-2010, 12:55 AM
QuestionablyRoyal's Avatar
QuestionablyRoyal Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of Somewhere.
Posts: 350
Send a message via AIM to QuestionablyRoyal
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Okay then,

Username: QuestionablyRoyal
Spriting Experience: Around 5 years....
I'm not proud of that.
__________________

Groovy!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:11 AM
MoonKit's Avatar
MoonKit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington.
Posts: 2,593
Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Everyone is accepted.

And Speed, I was thinking of the third party being Tsr, but I'm not so sure. Trust me, I would never have Retypes as a theme unless I would need to.

And the judge could be a spriter, too if they wanted. *Looks willingly at Speed*

Dhjona, The five with the best scores (I will score some so the Judge doesn't need to score so many) will be chosen, and they will each be watched for their own team. I'm going over to Bulbagarden to see how many entrants we have.

And omfg I'm a Pikachu O.o

EDIT; I'm so sorry. Bulbagarden peoples are chicken, so they locked the thread. I'm so sorry you had to do that useless post for nothing. I posted a rant on there about it, if you wanted to read it.
__________________
I'm alive! -coughnotcough-

Last edited by MoonKit; 09-24-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,590
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

NO Tokyo, BAD. XD Not TSR. They would reject us to no end; that is, unless you were to make us submit every entry as being required to be 100% custom. Hmm...you COULD try some people from DeviantART who aren't active members on either forums, though, or some people on the "The Cave of Dragonflies" message board, who also would count as a "third party," using the criteria mentioned shortly ago.

However, perhaps I'm being a bit too picky, but when picking judges, we should really make sure they know what the hell they're talking about, and/or are generally skilled in the art area in general (It would help greatly if they specialized in pixel art, but it would help just fine if they specialized in any other type of art that does NOT include using renders and photographs and the like.)

...Wait. They chicken-sh****d out? Wow. O_o;
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:58 AM
FiragaShark's Avatar
FiragaShark Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Somewhere on the West Coast
Posts: 618
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Everyone is accepted.

And Speed, I was thinking of the third party being Tsr, but I'm not so sure. Trust me, I would never have Retypes as a theme unless I would need to.

And the judge could be a spriter, too if they wanted. *Looks willingly at Speed*

Dhjona, The five with the best scores (I will score some so the Judge doesn't need to score so many) will be chosen, and they will each be watched for their own team. I'm going over to Bulbagarden to see how many entrants we have.

And omfg I'm a Pikachu O.o

EDIT; I'm so sorry. Bulbagarden peoples are chicken, so they locked the thread. I'm so sorry you had to do that useless post for nothing. I posted a rant on there about it, if you wanted to read it.
Wait, so it's canceled? I got super excited for nothing!
__________________
Welcome Mr. Sunshine!


~My Claims~


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-24-2010, 02:27 AM
AiedailEclipsed Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 35
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Hi! I'm a mod on Bulbagarden. If you'd like to do something like this... wild idea: ask the people in charge. You can't just post a thread out of the blue, and expect it to happen.

Now, if you'd really like to do this, by all means, contact one of the art mods over there and see if you can get clearance for it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-24-2010, 03:23 AM
MoonKit's Avatar
MoonKit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington.
Posts: 2,593
Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
NO Tokyo, BAD. XD Not TSR. They would reject us to no end; that is, unless you were to make us submit every entry as being required to be 100% custom. Hmm...you COULD try some people from DeviantART who aren't active members on either forums, though, or some people on the "The Cave of Dragonflies" message board, who also would count as a "third party," using the criteria mentioned shortly ago.

However, perhaps I'm being a bit too picky, but when picking judges, we should really make sure they know what the hell they're talking about, and/or are generally skilled in the art area in general (It would help greatly if they specialized in pixel art, but it would help just fine if they specialized in any other type of art that does NOT include using renders and photographs and the like.)

...Wait. They chicken-sh****d out? Wow. O_o;
I have no idea who to ask. It might be a better idea for you to ask around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiragaShark View Post
Wait, so it's canceled? I got super excited for nothing!
It probably would be, but it might not. Speed might as well save the day...unless those weirdo chickens from Bulbagarden end up closing the thread, even after I ask whoever. God, they have pissed me off to the full end. I might as well call it the stupidest site ever made, although it isn't in size 7 font, a font for two-year-olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
Hi! I'm a mod on Bulbagarden. If you'd like to do something like this... wild idea: ask the people in charge. You can't just post a thread out of the blue, and expect it to happen.

Now, if you'd really like to do this, by all means, contact one of the art mods over there and see if you can get clearance for it.
I'm sorry, but before posting that you are a nod somewhere other then here, Give some proof.
__________________
I'm alive! -coughnotcough-
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,590
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Quote:
I'm sorry, but before posting that you are a nod somewhere other then here, Give some proof.
He/she sounds pretty serious about what they're saying...why must you need proof for everything? =_=

And besides, moderator or not, he/she has a point. It would probably help to PM a moderator on Bulba about the contest and discuss it out with them rather than just making it pop up of of nowhere.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Dark Moonlight's Avatar
Dark Moonlight Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 1,953
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
He/she sounds pretty serious about what they're saying...why must you need proof for everything? =_=

And besides, moderator or not, he/she has a point. It would probably help to PM a moderator on Bulba about the contest and discuss it out with them rather than just making it pop up of of nowhere.
I second this. Do you need proof that I'm a girl now? Eh? (That was a stupid question XD)
__________________

Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Team_Edward019's Avatar
Team_Edward019 Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 512
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Too bad do0dss this sounded pretty orsum....why don't we ask serebii? I mean....as far as I know they've got a great art thread and have heaps of pixel artists
__________________

OMIGAWSHWARNINGWTH
The Pokemon Elemental Forums suck; don't go there.
They have an irresponsible, unreliable Admin, and two power
hungry moderators that will ban you if you say anything
that's even a smidgen not to their liking.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Gakupo Luka
♥~Paired To The Epic Peace Buyer~♥
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Master Groudon's Avatar
Master Groudon Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Terra Cave
Posts: 921
Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Everyone is accepted.

And Speed, I was thinking of the third party being Tsr, but I'm not so sure. Trust me, I would never have Retypes as a theme unless I would need to.

And the judge could be a spriter, too if they wanted. *Looks willingly at Speed*

Dhjona, The five with the best scores (I will score some so the Judge doesn't need to score so many) will be chosen, and they will each be watched for their own team. I'm going over to Bulbagarden to see how many entrants we have.

And omfg I'm a Pikachu O.o

EDIT; I'm so sorry. Bulbagarden peoples are chicken, so they locked the thread. I'm so sorry you had to do that useless post for nothing. I posted a rant on there about it, if you wanted to read it.
MEGA ULTRA SUPER SONIC FAIL!!!!! *Groudon roars*
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Gaygar rocks's Avatar
Gaygar rocks Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 422
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

i dont know but i said it already in my beloved poem lol noone has read my poem

but dont draw conclusions that they are chikens but maybe we should discuss with bulbagarden about it like speed (i think) said
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,590
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaygar rocks View Post
i dont know but i said it already in my beloved poem lol noone has read my poem

but dont draw conclusions that they are chikens but maybe we should discuss with bulbagarden about it like speed (i think) said
XD
I said that for the most part. At first I was all, "omglolwtf" but then I thought, "oh. I see just where they're coming from now."
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
PokePlayer Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 58
Default Re: Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

Username: PokePlayer
Spriting Exp: 3-4 Years
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com