Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Pokemon Main Boards Ľ Pokemon: Interactive Center Ľ Competitive Battling Ľ Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:49 PM
AnonSilver Offline
New Trainer

Smile OU Rate My Team!

Hi! I've been onto the competitive scene for a while but I would still love help from other people! I haven't really had the time to go through really thoroughly to make sure that the spell check didn't go funny but I hope that' still alright. So here goes my team...

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EV: 252 HP/64 Att/192 Def
Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Spikes
-Whirlwind

Introducing the first part of the infamous ďSkarmBlissĒ combo! Skarmory leads with trying to setup spikes but if it comes across a taunter or just something itís weak to then that means itís time to switch into either Blissey or Tentacruel to block the incoming attack. Brave Bird and the Att EVs invested are there to KO or at least badly injure pokemon that are weak to the 120 Base Power attack. Roost makes sure that Skarmory can just heal off any damage it takes from setting up entry hazards, switching into entry hazards or Brave Bird recoil. On the rare occasion that Skarmory can outspeed right, Brave Bird can even be used to resist any attacks effective against flying for that turn. This team couldnít do without a phazer and as a Roosting tank, Skarmory works wonders spamming whirlwind once the benefits are worth it.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def -Att)
-Wish
-Protect
-Stealth Rock
-Seismic Toss

Blissey is constantly groaned at for being annoying but with good reason- Blissey makes the best special attack absorber and thus completes the SkarmBliss duo. This is a Wish-Protect set meaning that it has the ability to heal teammates when the opportunity arises and with protect it can heal itself in a funny two-turn Softboil-esqe effect. Protect also doubles as a means to scout the next attack and then act accordingly. Although Stealth Rock is rarely seen on Blisseys, this makes for a good moveslot to further the effects that Skarmoryís Whirlwind has. Besides, there seems to always be a free turn to have and Steath Rock makes for a productive turn. Seismic Toss was chosen in favour over Flamethrower or Ice Beam due to the lack of SpA EVs that Blissey gets- hammering a constant 100 HP to anything that isnít ghost.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EV: 252 HP/120 Def/126 SpD
Nature: Calm (+SpD -Att)
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb

Itís odd to have all three entry hazards in a team because by the time you get to the third one you donít usually have enough opposition or time to make it all worthwhile. But part of me wants to give this a go anyway because you never know when it could come in handy. Toxic Spikes also covers up Blisseyís lack of the Toxic moveslot most Wish-Protects have. Tentacruel is undoubtedly one of the best Rapid Spinners of OU and this one manages to keep it. Surf and Sludge Bomb are the two STAB attacks it has and the typing of them covers each other to make sure that although with low power I can still hit for neutral damage.

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EV: 40 HP/252 Att/216 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
-Ice Shard
-Ice Punch
-Pursuit
-Low Kick

When it comes to revenge killing, Weavile makes for an absolute beast with this moveset. Normally it would carry a Choice Band around but I never liked the choiced items for the way that they would lock me into a move perfect for someone to switch in. Expert Belt doesnít give me as much power as choiced items but the way that Weaviles attacks is either super effective or neutral to anything together more than makes up for it in my personal playing style. Ice Shard means I can still KO crazy Choice Scarf Flygons and the like and Ice Punch is there if I think I can still outspeed it and need that extra power. Pursuit is there as a STAB attack and for type coverage- and Pursuit trapping is somewhat more efficient with an Expert Belt on as they switch into something else only to realize that I havenít trapped myself in the process. Low Kick is chosen over Brick Break because most OU pokemon that I would use a fighting attack on tend to be heavier. 40 HP EVs are invested because Weavile doesnít need all of that speed with a Jolly nature on.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EV: 252 HP/52 Att/204 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Att -SpA)
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Lum Berry Dragonites are awesome- it means that I can choose between two rounds of Outrage or switch attacks as they come into something to block me with. After around two Dragon Dances, this can outspeed most things that it needs to outspeed such as Choice Scarf Jirachis or Flygons. Earthquake and Fire Punch is just there to gain more type coverage and now the only threat that Dragonite really has is anything that can carry a good Ice Beam. If I ever manage to clear all of the counters before hand and am given to chance to setup, two good Dragon Dances and Outrage can clear one or two pokemon at the least.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EV: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA -Att)
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Trick

Trick Gengar is outdated? Pfft yeah right. Thereís still room in my team for this different take on Gengar. It might seem odd to give something with an already daunting speed a Choice Scarf but no one says itís not possible. As rapid spin blocker, tricking can have its benefits: either they make a funny prediction and attack as normal and get locked or they rapid spin anyway, and get locked on that which is probably the worst case scenario for them. Personally I donít normally like attacks with low accuracy and even 70% seems low to me, especially when I donít get Substitute to compliment Focus Blast. Shadow Ball is just standard. Instead of Substitute, Protect, Will-O-Wisp, or Confuse Ray I go along with Thunder Bolt anyway. A horrible case of just-four-slots syndrome because I would love to carry them along with me making this set the most subject to change in the team.

Whew! Longest team summary Iíve ever had but also the best of one of the best teams to summarise! Donít tell me to get any Hidden Powers by the way because I plan to stick this on the actual game and I really canít be bothered messing around with points. (Yes I have a Wish Blissey). So is the team good? Is the team bad? What should I change? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
AnonSilver Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: OU Rate My Team!

Ehhh its been a month since I posted this and out of the 110 views, no ones said anything yet. You guys wouldn't let me think this was perfect would you? Posting to reassure I'm not inactive in checking this (Y)
Old 12-03-2010, 01:27 AM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonSilver View Post
Ehhh its been a month since I posted this and out of the 110 views, no ones said anything yet. You guys wouldn't let me think this was perfect would you? Posting to reassure I'm not inactive in checking this (Y)
Dude, don't come here expecting any replies. I've made 3 rmt's here; Ive only gotten 2 replies out of all of them. Most of the people here don't even know what a good team is.

I guess it would be kind of hypocritical of me to not rate your now, lol.

Your team could be considered pseudo-stall, but not really. If you want to continue with the stall route, I would replace gengar with another ghost. Gengar is very weak and is a poor spin blocker because of this and you need a spin blocker. I would switch gengar to a scarf rotom form. You can still revenge kill, but you have alot more bulk and a better typing. You may want to replace dragonite and weavile for bulkier pokes that are not weak to stealth rock, but its no biggy. You, more or less, have every threat coverage. Good team.

Last edited by BulletPuncher; 12-03-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Magikarp Owns Offline
New Trainer

I realize you have a good amount of revenge killers, but watch out for TyraniBoah. If he switches in on Blissey or Skarmory, he could take out a Pokemon or set up a substitue and fire off Focus Punches real easy. Those things are really hard to predict, considering they can run thunderbolt for Skarmory, flamethrower for Weavile, or Ice Beam for Dragonite, plus Crunch / Payback can take out Gengar. Tentacruel could just get Focus Punched all day, so you might just want to switch Dragonite, Weavile, or Tentacruel with Crocune to help take it out. That's all I can really say right now, because I gotta go.
Closed Thread