Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Spreading the Love, Mimic-Rage style...Or Not?

I can't find anywhere else to put this and I could have sworn we had a section/thread/board/whatever for breeding issues...

So basically I was going to use the Mimic-Rage Glitch to get spiffy moves onto various Ditto, which I would then use as males to quickly breed Egg Moves. For example, using Mimic-Rage I would get Ice Punch onto Ditto and then breed it to a female Sneasel to instantly get a Sneasel with Ice Punch w/o having to chain breed or whatever.

Now here's the issue. I recently read in a guide @ Gamefaqs that Ditto will be considered the mother EVEN IF IT REPLACES THE MALE. If this is the case, I'm assuming a Ditto with moves obtained from Mimic-Rage won't be able to pass its moves on to the baby Mon, since only males can pass on moves. Or could it pass them on, because technically it's playing the role of the male?

And even if a Ditto acting as the male can't pass on EMs (or TMs it gets from Mimic-Rage, for that matter), could it still pass on level-up moves that it might get and the female knows?

Also, please don't post yelling about how doing this isn't a legit way to get moves onto Pokemon. I'm not using an AR or hacking in any other way, nor am I giving Pokemon moves they wouldn't be able to learn. I'm just cutting out a lot of extra work and frustration by using a Mimic-Rage Ditto, if it would even work.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: Spreading the Love, Mimic-Rage style...Or Not?

Not sure about the whole Mimic-Rage thing, but you could just Sketch Ice Punch with Smeargle and breed it with your Sneasel.

idk if you knew that, but that is quite a simple alternative.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Spreading the Love, Mimic-Rage style...Or Not?

Haha, I actually forgot about this thread.

Anyways, I decided to just go ahead and try it, and a Ditto replacing the male can indeed pass on moves. Whoever did that Gamefaqs guide was either wrong or didn't take Mimic-Rage Ditto into consideration.

Also yeah, Smeargle + Sketch is good, but a lot of the time you still have to chain breed. I was just using Sneasel as an example :P.

THANKS ANYWAYS REFBOT. *Huggle.*

*Thread closed.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Closed Thread