Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: [SC2] Dominion of Psionic Swarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Lucario View Post
All I have to say is TvZ=RussiavGermany= War of Attrition

I need help with the 4 gate build I've been trying to get it but my pressure never ever gets through.
That's fine dude. Use the pressure to expand when you attack. Your opponent is not going to attack anytime soon when you're giving them 4-gate pressure. After the expansion, you can start supporting a robotics facility or stargate + 2-3 more gateways depending on your preferences.

Alternatively, if you REALLY want it to work, get a 5th gateway. 5-gate pressure means you're doing an all-in push though.

TvZ builds: Interestingly enough, I think it's quite an exciting matchup. Highest tier players use marines more often though (since you can sick marine micro through banelings). Zerg pretty much needs Broodlords to stay in the game once terran has thors + tanks running around.

2.0's an interesting patch, since protoss got quite a few buffs. Zerg players don't get pylon blocked anymore. lol
Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

The more I play the more I begin to think Idra isn't wrong for raging against Terran.

I'm in desperate need of coaching, I have completely derailed my opponent's economy but because I couldn't shoot down air because I didn't have Stalkers out I lost. And why aren't cloaked units immune to detection from a sensor tower? I understand its a warning system for an attack but stealth units should be able to get around that.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
The more I play the more I begin to think Idra isn't wrong for raging against Terran.
Idra's rage is not exactly wrong, but not exactly right either. In general though he is a pretty greedy player, so plays that punish greediness makes it tough for him to get through. Either that, or he faces Jinro, who is even better at macro than he is. Terran has gotten the nerf bat over and over again throughout the patches after release. It's gotten a lot better since then.

Quote:
I'm in desperate need of coaching, I have completely derailed my opponent's economy but because I couldn't shoot down air because I didn't have Stalkers out I lost.
Define "derail" an opponent's economy. When did your opponents pwn you with banshees? Scout better? Get stalkers (they're kinda easy on the gas)? Present a replay for me to check out?

Quote:
And why aren't cloaked units immune to detection from a sensor tower? I understand its a warning system for an attack but stealth units should be able to get around that.
Stealth units are not seen with sensor towers. You don't get the little red dots if the unit is burrowed or cloaked. Rest assured that you need a detector to know. Run them tunneling roaches. ;)
Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Define "derail" an opponent's economy. When did your opponents pwn you with banshees? Scout better? Get stalkers (they're kinda easy on the gas)? Present a replay for me to check out?

I got the guy like in the baneling song. Zero SCVs... My DT's did a a good job too. But then he sent a brand new Marine/Marauder ball at me while I tried to tech switch to kill his buildings.

And forgive my newbie inexperience with Battle.net but I didn't even know you could send replays.
Quote:
Stealth units are not seen with sensor towers. You don't get the little red dots if the unit is burrowed or cloaked. Rest assured that you need a detector to know. Run them tunneling roaches. ;)
Well then he must have been looking in the sensor range pretty hard in the corner I put my DTs in they were pretty far from any missile turret or anything with vision.

URPG
Old 01-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
I got the guy like in the baneling song. Zero SCVs... My DT's did a a good job too. But then he sent a brand new Marine/Marauder ball at me while I tried to tech switch to kill his buildings.

And forgive my newbie inexperience with Battle.net but I didn't even know you could send replays.

Well then he must have been looking in the sensor range pretty hard in the corner I put my DTs in they were pretty far from any missile turret or anything with vision.
You can manually see cloaked units because they give off a shimmer on the screen. You don't need sensor towers to see where they are; you just can't attack them without detection. Also, you don't actually know if the guy had a hidden expansion...

Replays are in your "My Documents" folder, after sifting through a bunch of stuff. The game automatically saves recent replays.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

As a zerg player, I'd recormend going hellions forcing me to get roaches.
Into banshees, forcing me to get hydras/queens.
Into Terran mech, which beats Roach Hydra.
don't bother with bio ball or biomech, it doesn't work, muta ling bling is way too powerful once youve learnt to pull it off.
Also try to 2 rax a zerg taking a greedy early expo, especially one who doesn't know how to defend it.
The type of person who cries how underpowered zerg are afterwards.

Is it possible to custom with people in differant continents? If so I'd be happy to train with anyone similar to my level, Im roughly plat. I train with diamonds/plats, and one masters, but i usually dont get too far with the diamonds and masters. Plat is a fair game.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

The Jinro slow tank push is SO hard to break. Gotta learn how to do the push properly though, since it seems like slight differences in composition and timing would ruin my day. I recommend trying. :)
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 AM

Won my second ladder game today. I can honestly say its a relief to win some for once.

I now understand what all the casters mean by keeping your money down. I had so many gateways and powerful units that I couldn't believe it. I love watching myself improve. I just gotta learn how to expand sooner and more effectively.

URPG
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
The Jinro slow tank push is SO hard to break. Gotta learn how to do the push properly though, since it seems like slight differences in composition and timing would ruin my day. I recommend trying. :)
As what race? If youre a zerg, BROOOOOD LORDS <3
Otherwise you're going to need good placement of units, flank, and mutas to harras.
As toss.....uhm.....immortal collosi? o.O I dno, I don't play toss.

Also I've been invited to play for an eSports team, only a small one, but it'll force me to get a lot more training done, which will be good.

EDIT: Kenny, mind changing my race on main page to Zerg?
Also, does anyone have a EU account or is willing to let me login to a US account to play against some people here?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
As what race? If youre a zerg, BROOOOOD LORDS <3
Otherwise you're going to need good placement of units, flank, and mutas to harras.
As toss.....uhm.....immortal collosi? o.O I dno, I don't play toss.

Also I've been invited to play for an eSports team, only a small one, but it'll force me to get a lot more training done, which will be good.

EDIT: Kenny, mind changing my race on main page to Zerg?
Also, does anyone have a EU account or is willing to let me login to a US account to play against some people here?
BLs do take forever to build though, and marines can ruin your day very quickly with a quick stim snipe. I do think that it's a good idea if your opponent is a slow pusher though. Mutas are nice against tanks and marines, but only if you're good at harass and stuff.

Immortals rape tanks hard, which is why marines are there. Colossi would counter marines in a direct confrontation. I also think that VR's or warp prisms also work well, again doing the drops and stuff.

That's awesome dude. e-sports teams will always be a good thing if you're going for it and have the time to do it. :3

Oh btw, there's a bunch of videos from Idra that's analyzing his games on youtube. I highly recommend them, since it's all about the nitty gritty details of playing good zerg.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
BLs do take forever to build though, and marines can ruin your day very quickly with a quick stim snipe. I do think that it's a good idea if your opponent is a slow pusher though. Mutas are nice against tanks and marines, but only if you're good at harass and stuff.

Immortals rape tanks hard, which is why marines are there. Colossi would counter marines in a direct confrontation. I also think that VR's or warp prisms also work well, again doing the drops and stuff.

That's awesome dude. e-sports teams will always be a good thing if you're going for it and have the time to do it. :3

Oh btw, there's a bunch of videos from Idra that's analyzing his games on youtube. I highly recommend them, since it's all about the nitty gritty details of playing good zerg.
This is the sanctuary where I learn http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBitterTV <3<3<3<3

If you ever get the spare stuff against a guy going biomech, grab a warp prism, and when he pushes, drop your immortals on top of his tanks, as long as his marines aren’t there it cuts the attacks effectiveness drastically.

Generally against Terran I go standard muta ling bling. If he starts to go thors then I throw down roaches, and tech to brood lords while time is passing, by this point in the game you usually have a minimum of 4 bases.

And finally, I joined the team and me and the other StarCraft 2 player at the team are training pretty hard, I think when we get chance we will enter tournaments soon and I haven't played ladder in about.....2 months? So I'm probably gunna push and get into diamond if I ladder for a couple of days
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Marines are just so good...except against roaches. XD
Old 02-11-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Marines are just so good...except against roaches. XD
And Psi storms. I think they like lightning in their brain.

URPG
Old 02-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
And Psi storms. I think they like lightning in their brain.
Well considering what stim pack does to them, I wouldn't be surprised. lol
Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 AM

What is in stim anyway? Cocaine, adrenaline, and mountain dew?

URPG