Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:17 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Mt. Deckbi

(OOC: M Rhyhorn please. And I'm still battling, just go with it XD)

TP#25

Alex decided to go back down the mountainside, and that was just fine with her. There were more rocks the higher you went up, and a lot of the paths were nothing but those. Not good when she couldn't see where she was going. The air would be super thick too, and she was already a little short of breath.

They traveled for a little while, and she didn't think she was doing so bad for only seeing darkness. Some of her steps were uneasy, but eventually she got into the right rhythm. If one foot stepped oddly, the other came in quick to even it out and her body shifted so she didn't fall. There were only a couple close calls.

Then, the ground started shaking. She really hoped it wasn't the volcano.

It wasn't too terrible though, and she knew better than to try to stay on her feet. Instead, she crouched down to hug her knees with one arm and brace the other on the ground underneath her. She felt Haji huddle close.

As soon as it started, it was over. Then she heard Alex say, “Those look interesting. Do you want them?”

There must've been a Pokémon making that quake then. She silently asked Haji what it was. Her eyes still weren't working.

She felt Haji's voice like a cool breeze on her mind. “There is a Rhyhorn looking at you. He was striking a rock. There is a Litwick next to him.”

She nodded. She knew Rhyhorn were powerful Rock and Ground-type Pokémon. They were fierce fighters, with solid thick plates all over the body and a sharp horn on the nose. It sort of moved like a train in a way, and she knew they could do a lot of damage. She recalled a notice up on the peg board in the Main Office that someone was looking for one. Sometimes Trainers called in or left notices when they visited and didn't find what they were looking for. She may as well try to nab it.

Even if she didn't want to, she would battle so Chainy had the chance to capture the rare Fire-type that appeared for him.

Ivy stood up slowly, shaking just a little. She wasn't sure who to send out to battle. Ambipom would probably be her best choice, but he just battled and earned his rest. Haxbat was out of the question for more than just Chainy's dislike, since he was weak to Rock-type moves. That left Haji then, and after a quick mental check, she found that he didn't mind in the slightest.

For everyone else's benefit she said, “Okay, Haji, that Rhyhorn is all yours if Chainy wants to battle. Be careful...” she started, and then swayed a little bit, getting a shock of dizzy. “..if it charges.” She wobbled a bit on her feet, not knowing what was causing it. She was all of a sudden really warm.

Before she could call out a warning, she felt her sight go just a shade darker than it already was. Then consciousness left her, and she fell back and hit the dirt with a thud.

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines

Last edited by WinterVines; 07-29-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:49 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

OOC: Female Litwick, please. And I'mma have to BS a lot this post, sorry, I'll bold the attack orders so you don't have to read it all. Also, 85% of this post was written when I was so lightheaded I could swear I was at Deckbi myself XDDD

~~~~~

I watched Ivy carefully as she got to her feet shakily. Haji didn't seem very concerned, but I could see the shaking in Ivy's feet and legs as she cautiously stepped forward. I didn't offer to help her though - she obviously had a problem with me, and that was fine. I didn't need her. My fist clenched but I didn't say anything. Instead, I looked over to Alex to see what he was intending to do next.

"Okay, I'm tired of going up, let's head back down," he said to us.

"Sounds damn good to me," I replied fervently. I had been feeling a slightly increasing tug of disappointment from my mental link to Dual for the past half hour or so, but I'd been screening it out. He knew me that I didn't work well under heat, and Mount Deckbi certainly was hot. In fact, I had nearly promised myself that I was never leaving my air-conditioned office ever again. I could probably do deskwork - it seemed to work for Dee - and at least I'd be closer to all the secretaries.

The thought of secretaries had me look over at Ivy again for some unknown reason. Her eyes were closed and a single bead of sweat was travelling down her forehead as she carefully moved forward one step at a time. Yet again I felt the odd conflicting emotions go to war inside me - a strong desire to go and help my struggling friend and a strange, almost external wish to simply walk off. Screw the Drilbur. Screw the Heatmor. I didn't need any of them. In fact, I hadn't even been planning to come up here today, I'd been dragged along from my nice cool deskchair by the laziest Ranger I've ever had the misfortune to meet, and a young woman who treated me like rubbish and then fell unconscious when she tired of dumping on me. The only plus side of this whole scenario was the occasional wafts of cold coming off Alex's Cubchoo.

It wasn't long before the ground started shaking. I braced my feet, but the spasms weren't too violent.

"Those look interesting. Do you want them?" Alex asked Ivy and me.

I looked around and saw a Rhyhorn ramming a large rock, hitting it with the front of its horn as opposed to the tip. It wasn't trying to destroy the rock, it was trying to toughen its horn - I'd seen this before, many times. To my father's chagrin, a Rhyhorn had been one of the first Pokemon Jathan had tried to breed. It actually worked out quite well, and my little brother had only incurred minimal wounds. The last I had seen of that Rhyhorn, it had evolved into a Rhydon and gone off with one of the Trainer who had passed the farm.

Next to the Rhyhorn, though, was something far more interesting. A small Litwick bobbed a metre off the ground, the second one I'd seen today. I grinned and shuffled my feet - I had remembered being jealous of Ivy for taking the first one, but now it was my turn. I was definitely going to capture this Pokemon, whether Ivy and Alex wanted me to or not.

“Okay, Haji, that Rhyhorn is all yours if Chainy wants to battle," Ivy said. I shot her a look - she was blinking rapidly. Probably eye strain or something.

Even as I finished that thought, I felt like something was wrong. Like that assumption was contradictory to something I already knew. I tried to figure out what it was, but the world was moving in slow motion. My eyes widened and I saw Ivy collapse onto the ground. Darkness welled up around her, and I could swear I was falling. A cold sweat broke out on my forehead and I clenched my eyes shut.

When I opened my eyes, I was on the top of a cliff, watching my two impulses (the wish to help Ivy and the desire to ignore her completely) battle down below me. Waves of light blue water pushed at waves of dark red, and they crashed together, throwing black and white sparks into the air. I felt my eyes well up with tears, and I looked to my right. Dual was standing next to me, his arms behind his back, watching the battle impassively.

<This is your psyche,> he said to me without moving. <You are at war within yourself, and if it wasn't for your mental strength you'd be no better off than Ivy.>

But why? I asked my partner desperately. I felt power flow around me and I tried to grasp invisible tendrils but only air was captured in my grasp. Something feels wrong, but what is it?

<Think!> Dual suddenly snapped, turning to look at me as his sudden yell echoed throughout my head. <None of us have been normal since coming onto this mountain. You put it up to heat or exhaustion or sheer selfishness, but can't you at least tell this force is external?>

What about that God-damned Crobat of hers? I retorted viciously. She knows we're both afraid of them. Why did she bring it?

<Maybe because Haxbat is her friend?> Dual asked incredulously. <Yes, it's true I don't like Crobats. I don't like Flying types in general. But despite my dislike, I never simply shut him out like you have. If you could get over the fact that he's huge and poisonous, you'd see he is a caring person! Didn't you ever think of that?

I... I didn't know what to say.

<Since when have you ever been this hateful?> he yelled. <When have you ever wished to cause anyone harm? I know you never have, because I know you. You're a kind person, someone that I share my power with. If I thought you'd simply ignore our connection then I never would have made it to begin with.>

My eyes tightened and I turned, throwing a fist towards the Gallade. The red water in the canyon below rose with my strike, crashing into the blue and carving straight through it.

A sudden meaty smack caused the red water to literally stop movement. Dual had caught my with his right hand, and he threw one of his own at me with his left. His hard green fist caught me in the shoulder, and I cried out as I sunk to my knees. The flare of pain was agonising but brief. The blue water pushed the ref back to the mid-point, and they continued their wrestling as I sobbed. I looked up at Dual with tears of rage in my eyes and I saw him watching me impassively.

What would you know? I screamed at him. None of this is affecting you!

Dual sighed and kneeled in front of me. <But it is,> he murmured softly, and he looked directly into my eyes. His right eye was its normal red, a slight fire flickering away behind his pupil. His left eye, however, was darker red, the same colour of the waves in canyon. The colour of dried blood. I felt a tingly shock working its way through my body. Finally it made sense. The way Dual held back in his previous battles, his short temper, and even now I could see his muscles clenching and unclenching. Something was affecting us. And if it was affecting us, it was also affecting...

Ivy, I breathed. I got to my feet and clenched my other fist. The blue waves rose and swamped the red ones. They continued to lurk underneath the surface of the lake, but I had them under control. Small strands of blue energy wound themselves through my fist, growing thicker as my determination grew.

Dual smiled and shook his head. <Nice to see you finally using them,> he remarked. <I thought your eyes had been glued shut the moment we stepped onto this mountain.>

I grinned wearily back at my partner. Shut up. And... thanks.

<Any time, my friend.> I felt Dual's hand clap me on the shoulder, and the whole vision began to fade as I returned to the real world. The blackness slowly retreated, and my gaze was still lingering on the collapsed Ivy.

I sprung into action, throwing a PokeBall into the air. It spun a few times before releasing Smash in a quick flash of white light. He rumbled a greeting, but the rumble stopped dead cold when he saw Ivy motionless on the ground.

"She's alright, buddy," I reassured him, "but I have an important job for you. I need you to go curl up around her and keep her cool."

Smash nodded and thumped on over to Ivy, carefully stepping over her. He then lowered his massive bulk and laid on the ground next to her. Light blue - almost white - mist began to seep out of his mouth, and the icy wind wafted over her and surrounded her, cooling her down. I knew this wasn't a simple case of dehydration, though.

She's got the same thing, doesn't she? I looked at Dual, asking for confirmation.

He nodded. <However, the bond between Ivy and Haji is new - she is not yet fully adjusted to it. That's why she is being affected by this more than us.

My mouth became a grim slash as I remembered my linking with Dual. It had been a hellish week-and-a-half - many things had occurred that neither of still really understood. I'd spent most of it half-insane and immobile, and Dual hadn't been much better. Save for the body-swap incident.

That actually hadn't been all bad, I reflected.

I saw Haji standing out in front of Ivy, watching the Rhyhorn carefully. His long forked tail was much stiffer than usual - apparently he still intended to battle the Wild Pokemon.

Are you sure you're okay to do this? I asked the purple cat through a tentative link. Will Ivy be okay?

The cat responded in the affirmative. I couldn't quite make out his words - he was clearly preparing for battle - but I got the feeling that all of what was happening to Ivy was pretty natural. Her brain was shutting down temporarily under the onslaught of new feelings and the strange external one that had been causing us so much trouble. I wondered what it was, but the Rhyhorn looked over at us and the Litwick shot the Rock-type a look. They seemed to come to an agreement, and they moved forward, challenging us.

"Well, that won't do," I said to myself. Unfortunately, I only really had one choice. I didn't want to risk Dual in battle, and Smash was taking care of Ivy. I only had one Pokemon left - it was just a pity he was weak to Fire-typed moves. I threw a second PokeBall out in front of me and my Breloom emerged from the capsule. He was one of my newer acquisitions - a Pokemon that Jathan had sent me. Apparently he was one of my brother's biggest successes. I didn't see it - Joey was a huge pain in the ass with an annoying sense of humour. The Breloom bounced up and down on his powerful legs, clearly enjoying being out in the air. His clubbed tail swung from side to side excitedly and his mushroom-shaped head tilted from side to side as he examined his opponents.

I snapped my fingers to get Joey's attention, and he turned his neck in a sharp twisting motion. His small black eyes watched me carefully, as if debating whether or not to pay attention to me.

"Don't give me any of that funny business," I warned him. "Save it for the battle."

His shoulders fell momentarily, but when he heard he was going to fight he bounced around enthusiastically. I couldn't keep back a small laugh.

"Alright there man, let's start this off nice and slow. You need to be careful of the Litwick's Fire moves, but there's nothing we can do for now about that. What I want you to do is Bulk Up - get ready to deal out some serious damage."

Joey nodded and he tensed his arms like a wrestler. They began to bulge as the flexing brought out his inner power and he prepared to do battle. I felt bad about sending him versus a Fire type, but I actually had a plan for that - I just needed him to get close before I could put it into action.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Ranger Alex

-

I was kind of excited to see the battle unfold. I hoped this one went a lot better. I had no idea it was going to get a lot worse. I looked over at Ivy who didn’t seem to be getting better.

“Okay, Haji, that Rhyhorn is all yours if Chainy wants to battle. Be careful...” she started. She seemed to be sweating a bit, which was normal, but it wasn’t normal for her to be swaying back and forth the way she was, “..if it charges.” She added, but then collapsed on the floor.

“Wow, this day cannot get any worse. As if the heat wasn't enough.” I grumbled. I was about to rush over to help her with my belt began to rattle and a tall blue dog-like Pokémon emerged from one of my Pokeballs. It was Scamper, my Lucario.

“This isn’t because of the heat.” He began to explain telepathically. “Whatever is bothering her is a psychological problem that you can’t fix by cooling her down. Something happened here before we came. That has to be what is affecting them.”

“Them?” I said, then looked over to Chain. He took a swing at Dual who countered with a punch to Chains shoulder and he was now crying. “Wow, they’re all crazy. What the hell did Leo leave me with? Man, and I’m stuck with them until they are done with this run.”

“How unfortunate.” Scamper grumbled. “We just had to get stuck with them. I suppose you could try cooling them down, but like I said, it won’t help whatever is causing this to them. That’s something they’ll have to work out on their own.” He said, eyeing Dual. Scamper just stood there with his arms crossed, shaking his head at them all. “I wonder what started all this.”

“Yeah, I hope they sort this out soon though, I don’t want them both to pass out.” I grumbled. “This is some first run.”

“I’ll say, I guess I’ll go closer and try my Heal Pulse on the girl.” He shrugged. “I’ve never used it on a human before. Hopefully this will calm her down a bit; if not then we may have to call this run off.”

“Yeah, I’m already ahead of you. If something else goes wrong, I’m going to call this off and have them come back when they’re ready, maybe even suggest they come separately.”
Scamper gave a slight nod and began forming a pink ball of energy. I could see small waves of it coming off of the ball and hitting Ivy. I could only hope that worked.

I looked over towards Chain and Dual. They seemed to have pulled together… for now. Dual didn’t seem to be the one battling in this battle. Chain had sent out two more Pokémon, a Swampert and Breloom. Breloom readied itself for battle, and seemed really energetic about it. Chain gave his orders and the shroom began powering up with Bulk Up. I suppose that was a good choice, but I didn’t really think Rhyhorn would be hitting him, and Litwick was a special attacker, not to mention most physical attacks didn’t work on it.

Rhyhorn grew tired of waiting and charged at Espeon. He slammed his green glowing horn at the purple feline, sending it flying back a bit. Litwick moved towards Breloom. The tip of Litwicks wick that was on fire quickly grew larger and then suddenly covered her whole body. She then rammed into Breloom and speedily retreated. It had used that move to gain speed.

This battle was going to be a long one if they didn’t pull themselves together.

------------------------------

Battle Stats: Litwick Spd1 [100% - Used Flame Charge] and Rhyhorn [100% - Used Megahorn]

vs

Breloom Att/Def1 [90% - Used Bulk Up] and Espeon [85%]

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Encountered by Winter: Litwick, Cubone, Heatmor, Larvesta, Rhyhorn
Pokemon Encountered by Chainy: Rapidash, Torkoal, Charmeleon, Drilbur, Litwick

Encounters Remaining: 11
Pokemon Caught by Winter: Brave/F/Litwick, Mild/F/Larvesta
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal, Brave/M/Heatmor, Hardy/M/Drilbur

Winter MCR: 55.6% Complete o5oo5/oo9ooo
Chainy MCR: 51% Complete o12748/o25ooo

Name: James “Chainy” Carter (aka my Ranger)
Total Items: 2x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

Pokemon Stats (List your Pokemon Stats)

Pokemon: Gallade
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[GHOST], TM60-Sunny Day, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM88-Brick Break, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look

Pokemon: Swampert - 66%
Nickname: Smash
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM03-Surf, HM04-Strength, HM07-Waterfall, HM08-Rock Smash, HM09-Dive, HM11-Rock Climb, TM13-Ice Beam, TM126-Stone Edge; TM129-Stealth Rock, Curse, Superpower, Yawn

Pokemon: Breloom
Nickname: Joey
Ability: Technician
Nature: Careful
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM03-Swords Dance, TM06-Toxic, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM94-Bullet Seed, TM69-Iron Tail, TM114-Fling, TM147-Low Sweep, Thunderpunch, Synthesis

-----------------------

Name: Ivy Frost (Going as my Ranger)
Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Darumaka), Poképlayer, Park Voucher (3.5k Value Left), Max Revive x2

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat
Ability: Inner Focus
TM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Steel
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird

Ambipom
TM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunderwave, Taunt, U-turn
BM/SM/MT: None

Espeon - Haji - 100%
Nature: Calm
Ability: Synchronize
TM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 07-31-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:11 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: I really don't know how it got so long D: Used Focus Energy, Grass Knot, and Shadow Ball.)

TP#26

Haji couldn't deny that he didn't completely stop for a moment when he saw Ivy go down.

He quickly scanned her with his mind, but she seemed okay. One probably couldn't tell anything was wrong with her at the moment if they didn't see her unconscious on the ground. At least her mind was settled for a while. She had put up with enough.

While he knew some of this onslaught was from their newly established bond, something he had waited too long to do, the brunt of it seemed to be this mountain and what was happening on it. She and Chainy were conflicting with each other, something, from his understanding, that never happened. Yet here they were being somewhat hostile, at least outwardly on Chainy's part, and getting hurt over simple things that should have been brushed by. Something was making them behave strangely, and though he constantly scanned the landscape, he couldn't detect what it was.

He should have done this weeks ago, if not months. They had been together a somewhat lengthy at this point, and they had gone too long without being connected. Maybe this whole thing could have been averted. She was just so guarded before, and he was always wary. He didn't want it to turn out like... before. But he knew better now. She wasn't like them.

He was more annoyed at Chainy, however much he was able of being annoyed. The man was being an idiot. Haji knew he was capable of much better, yet today he was acting like a sulking child. Brief brushes of the mind told him that Dual was thinking the same. The warrior was planning on making things clearer for Chainy, and Haji hoped it worked. The warrior was suffering as much as the rest of them due to his bond with the other Ranger. If the man didn't straighten out his actions, the Espeon was going to do it for him. Nobody hurt his Trainer.

Haji watched the Rhyhorn's movements with level eyes. They had other issues to worry about too, but Ivy had wanted to battle, so battle he would. While watching, he felt Chainy's inquiries float through his mind. He had forgotten he left the channel open. The man was wondering if he could battle and if Ivy was alright.

“Ivy will be fine,” he said firmly. “Her body shut down to protect her mind, and the same can be said of the mind itself. She was under too much strain. She will rest and recover while her senses have a chance to even out.” He definitely shouldn't have opened the bond here, on the mountain while they were supposed to be investigating. It should have been somewhere safe with less stimulus. It was just so hard to deny her anything anymore, and she had seemed so discouraged. He didn't want her to think he was being distant on purpose.

Chainy released the Swampert again, with instruction to keep Ivy cool. He shuffled across the field, looking worried for the red-headed girl. He stopped just before reaching her, his eyes glued on Haji as if asking for permission. With the slightest nod of his head, the Espeon allowed it. Smash curled up around her, and his damp skin fought off the heat a little bit. It would probably make her more comfortable.

Then Haji had another idea, and he touched the mind of Haxbat. At once the Crobat agreed to his request, and the large purple bat swooped down to them. He landed on Smash's arm, but unlike Chainy, he didn't seem bothered at all. Haxbat crooned softly, seeing his downed Trainer, and then he dropped down into the space created by the Swampert and huddled in close to her. Maybe the familiar contact would help to soothe her, surrounded by friends. From what he understood, they were all the family she had.

So engrossed in his thoughts about his Trainer, he didn't sense the Rhyhorn charging at him. He was struck in the side, and he was sent head over tail as he flopped and skidded across the dusty field. He cursed as his side stung, but he got up and shook his head, needing to see what was going on.

He saw Chainy had released a Breloom, looking eager to battle. The Litwick was in control of that arrangement, however, charging at the Grass-type while coated in flame. She moved faster after that, and Haji decided he didn't like this arrangement one bit.

That Breloom was going to have a hard time with the Fire-type. What was his name? Joey? While ghosts were said to have the upper hand against him, he thought him a better match for the Litwick, at least for a while. He sent a request out to Chainy, informing him of his plans.

“I will distract the Litwick now, to give you time to prepare.”

It was short and sweet, but he didn't wait for a response. He was already going into action. This would probably be a longer combination of skills he was going to compile, but he wasn't worried. Calmness was the key to most things. He had been around long, and though Ivy did not have a lot of time to spend training, he had learned a few things from her that would help. The best way to learn was by doing.

He focused his energy tight, knowing his next attacks were going to have to be controlled. He also opened his mind a bit more, taking in the sounds and feelings from the environment, letting that extra energy seep into him. He was going to need it.

A whisper to the ground below him started his first attack, and he felt the earth respond. He visualized what he wanted to happen. He coaxed the roots deep in the ground to move, willing them toward the Rhyhorn. If all went well, he would be able to trip up the large rock dinosaur if he tried to move again. The bigger they were, the harder they fell. It should also hold him back enough for either Chainy to act or for him to attack the Litwick, which was his next action.

He gathered the shadows around him, and though the sun was beaming, there were always shadows. The darkest place was between two objects, and he fed on that, calling the energy to him as a dark purple, black, and silver ball started to form in front of him. It spun and bobbed in its spot, and he gathered as much strength in it he could

With a little push, he had it hovering in front of him and he took off running, aiming for the Litwick. He was close, and when he judged the distance, he split the large Shadow Ball into two and sent them flying at the ghost, one veering out to make a wide left and the other to the right. He was still running, and he skidded to a stop as the dust flew up around him, watching to see if his attack worked and what everyone would do next.

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 08-01-2011, 01:14 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

Much to my dismay, as Joey was flexing his muscles the Rhyhorn roared and began to charge towards Haji. I called out a warning but the cat was too busy concentrating on something. The horn became ensconced with light green energy that exploded outwards as it made contact with the purple cat. He was thrown backwards through the air, but he managed to land on his feet, like all cats did. He didn't look too badly hurt which I was pleased to see - Ivy wouldn't be happy if Haji got severely wounded while she was out of it.

I was too busy watching the Espeon. The Litwick that was my target suddenly flared up and flew towards Joey. The writhing flames that surrounded it expanded as it collided head-on with my Breloom. The fire raced across Joey's body before returning to the Litwick and settling underneath its stubby body, reminding me of the exhaust of a rocket thruster. No doubt that was the Flame Charge technique - a move that Fire types could use to boost their Speed. Like they even really needed to - most of them were fast as hell anyway.

I heard a sudden flapping, and I looked to my left. Haxbat was flying down from the sky and approaching Smash and Ivy. I took a step back, and I could almost feel the red waters of rage swell up inside me. However, I could also feel Dual's eyes watching me closely and I took a deep breath to calm down. The large Crobat settled onto Smash's arm and climbed down to cover the part of Ivy that Smash couldn't reach. I shivered one last time before returning to my spot. I could feel all the hairs on my body standing up on end - there was a massive purple bat not two metres from me for the love of God - but I tried not to think about it, and I definitely suppressed any negative phrases that came to mind. Haxbat wasn't going to bite me or smother me - probably.

Dual rolled his eyes and sighed, but a small smile crinkled his lips upward. That was probably about as far as Chainy was going to get any time soon - he was doing fairly well considering this time last week he'd be screaming and running right about now. He was about to reach through the telepathic link and congratulate Chainy when a sudden spike of the rage fluid rushed through his system. He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth, waiting for it to pass. It had been the most powerful one yet - whatever was causing it was near. His light green helmet began to glow with a faded light blue nimbus and he bent over the ground, looking carefully amongst the stones.

I didn't notice any of this, though. The very instant I managed to push Haxbat out of my mind Haji contacted me mentally. I was surprised by this - he had been just-noticeably-cold towards me recently, although I couldn't say I blamed him. I was the source of much of Ivy's problems today. If I'd been just a little better, she probably wouldn't be in this situation right now.

<I will distract the Litwick now, to give you time to prepare,> he said before severing the link. I wanted to thank him and tell him that it wasn't necessary, but I wasn't fast enough. He began to glow a weak pink-orange colour, and jets of energy peeled off him in a way reminiscent of the peeling of the skin off a banana. I shrugged - if Haji wanted to take on the Litwick, that was fine with me. I wouldn't be using this time to prepare, though, I'd be using it to attack. I looked over at my Breloom, who had finished stretching. He was bouncing repeatedly from side to side, clearly ready and wanting to attack. I wasn't going to deny him.

"Alright Joey, let's go on the offensive," I called out to him. "Haji is gunna take care of the Litwick for now, so that leaves you the Rhyhorn. Go out there and hit it with a Brick Break, and then follow up with a Giga Drain!"

Joey bounced a couple more times enthusiastically, and then he used the momentum to to fly forward across the ground. His legs struck the ground powerfully as he hopped towards the Rhyhorn, clenching his right fist into a tight ball, ready to cause pain to the Rock-type. I knew he'd hold back to keep the Rhyhorn from fainting - while he had a mischievous and playful nature, he didn't like causing outright harm.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Ranger Alex

-

Scamper’s Heal Pulse didn’t seem to be working as well as I had wanted it too. Whatever was going on in this looney bin, they were going to have to put their drama aside at least for this battle. Rhyhorn and Litwick didn’t seem to care about their problems and were attacking normally. They weren’t even in sync and they were doing a good job already. Litwick was now spinning around Rhyhorn, he seemed too energetic about this battle. Rhyhorn however, didn’t take his eyes off of Espeon.

"Alright Joey, let's go on the offensive," Chain called out to his partner. "Haji is gunna take care of the Litwick for now, so that leaves you the Rhyhorn. Go out there and hit it with a Brick Break, and then follow up with a Giga Drain!"

I assumed they were communicating with Espeon telepathically since Ivy was out cold. Either that or Chain was just as crazy. Ivy staying unconscious on the ground in the heat was extremely dangerous, but I trusted that her Pokémon would protect her until she snapped back into reality.

Breloom decided to make his move first and went in fast hitting the rock hard Pokémon on the head. Rhyhorn used his horn to throw Breloom back, which caused him to slam into Dual. The shroom opened his mouth and released a bright green beam towards Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn tried to evade the move, but the move stuck to him like glue. Small green particles came off of the Spikes Pokémon and went back to Breloom who seemed to absorb them into his body. It was healing him and giving him more power.

Espeon made the first move, focusing all of her energy towards the candle. I saw the small brownish green grass beneath Litwick begin to rise. Litwick noticed this as well and quickly covered its body with flames. Then the wicklit Pokémon charged at Espeon with another Flame Charge. I wondered if it knew any other moves. Espeon launched a ghastly orb towards Litwick, which caused it go flying back instead of finishing his move. This was looking a lot better for them.

Battle Stats: Litwick Spd1 [75% - Used Nothing ] and Rhyhorn [48% - Used Horn Attack]

vs

Breloom Att/Def1 [95% - Used Giga Drain] and Espeon [85% Used Shadow Ball]

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal, Brave/M/Heatmor, Hardy/M/Drilbur

Winter MCR: 127.4% Complete 11467/oo9ooo
Chainy MCR: 67.7% Complete o16924/o25ooo

Total Items: 2x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[GHOST], TM60-Sunny Day, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM88-Brick Break, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM03-Surf, HM04-Strength, HM07-Waterfall, HM08-Rock Smash, HM09-Dive, HM11-Rock Climb, TM13-Ice Beam, TM126-Stone Edge; TM129-Stealth Rock, Curse, Superpower, Yawn

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM03-Swords Dance, TM06-Toxic, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM94-Bullet Seed, TM69-Iron Tail, TM114-Fling, TM147-Low Sweep, Thunderpunch, Synthesis

-----------------------

Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Darumaka), Poképlayer, Park Voucher (3.5k Value Left), Max Revive x2

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
TM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind

Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Beeeee, Haji is a boy >.<)

TP#27

Haji took in deeper lungfuls of breath as he recovered from the Flame Charge. Luckily, his plan more or less worked the way he envisioned it. He didn't expect to not receive any damage, since that was the gamble in battle. The little ghost didn't get to finish her attack though, and that was beneficial.

The Breloom was also able to take advantage of the type superiority over the Rhyhorn as well, using his grass moves to recover his strength. If Joey was going up against the Fire-type, Haji knew he would need it. The Espeon was satisfied with how this was turning out, however, so he was hoping Ivy would be pleased when she woke up.

One of the Ranger's Lucario was trying to heal his Trainer with a pulse, but Haji knew it wasn't going to work. Her mind was too stressed and too weakened for her to respond to any type of medicine. Her body was going to have to work itself out, so all they could do was wait. Although, if she stayed unconscious too long...

Haji shook his head and sealed off his own dark thoughts. Ivy would be fine. He would make sure of it one way or another.

He eyed up the Rhyhorn debating what he would do next. He could trust Chainy and Joey would take care of the Litwick, so that meant he had his own opponent to baffle. A flick across his mind revealed Dual searching for something a little ways away from him, though Haji didn't know what it was. A memory came to him then, one of a small box found on the Virizion statue in the Gardens. He remembered when Ivy discovered it lodged there, and it had been emitting some sort of signal. Poachers work no doubt. Quickly, he forwarded the scene to the Gallade in case it helped. He had a feeling poachers were involved here also. They were acting way too strangely for it to be false.

The Rhyhorn snorted, and Haji just stared at him levelly. The horn was what he really needed to watch out for. His twitching side was proof of that. The creature was very powerful if he got enough momentum behind him too, so the trick was going to be distracting him quickly so he couldn't make up his mind.

He was going to need speed for this. His Quick Attack should do. He eyed up the field again and saw a few rocks somewhat ringing around where the Rhyhorn was resting. He could make it from one to another fast enough, judging the distance between them. That gave them an arena like setting.

He thought he'd try Grass Knot again too. The roots responded well before, and this time he thought he could make a very interesting web. He reached out with his senses to stir the plants to life again. This time, he would have them follow him around the rocks, weaving through the makeshift arena. He would be able to go from post to post, even jumping over the Rhyhorn he thought.

Sooner or later, there would be enough of the roots to trip the Rhyhorn up, and he would give them energy to surge and trap him in one spot. If he wore the rock dinosaur out enough, he may not fight back as fiercely. Then he would concentrate his mind and unleash a Psybeam. That particular attack he could manifest in rings of energy that would hit just like one of the elemental beams. The psychic ones wore down on the opponents energy and messed with their mind.

He would have to get out of the way soon after though, and he would have to dodge if the Rhyhorn got a burst of speed or managed to break though the vines. Still, he was satisfied with the plan. It should keep the Rhyhorn busy enough so Joey could focus on an attack from just one area.

Haji hunched down on all four paws as he readied his sprint. The Espeon was fast. He could do this. Ivy would've believed he could. He narrowed his mind to the Rhyhorn, and he sent the barest of whispers through the Rock-type's mind. “Chase me.”

Then he charged.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:01 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

I looked off to the side and realised that a Lucario was standing over Smash and Haxbat, Soft pink waves were floating down from its extended paws, enveloping the pair of Pokemon in a Heal Pulse. It wouldn't work, though - Ivy's troubles were mental, not physical. I knew better than anyone exactly what she was going through. I'd gone through the exact same thing, although to a different extent - whether greater or lesser I could not say. I should have seen it, I should have noticed what she was going through, there were no excuses -

<Easy, James,> Dual said through our mind link. <It was not entirely your fault.>

Yeah, I know... I replied uneasily. I shifted my gaze away from the Lucario towards where Dual was. I was quite impressed with Alex's ability to train and control the rare Fighting-type Pokemon - I had only ever seen one before, the Lucario that resided in Veilstone Gym, under the control of my elder brother, Jakk. He had closed the Gym and gone up into the high mountains of Sinnoh in order to locate one. It had taken all of three weeks of living in the wild to prove to the local tribe that he was worthy, and he had defeated the Lucario in hand-to-hand combat. Barely.

To my surprise, Dual was not at my side. I cast a quick look around to try and locate my friend, and I saw him out on the battlefield, which was strange. He was a warrior Pokemon - he knew not to interfere in the fights of others. This was strangely out of character for him. I suddenly remembered the red waters - perhaps he was being swamped by them?

Dual, you okay, buddy? I asked.

He sent me a set of images in reply, ones that he informed me silently were from Haji. They showed Ivy discovering a small rectangular gadget on a state of Virizion in the Botanical Gardens. She wasn't a technological whiz like me, but she'd known enough to tell that it was a transmitter of some sort. The pictures sparked a memory, one of an expedition I had taken to the Gardens myself. I'd found some strange people using a similar device to control a real Virizion, and they had unleashed it on my Trainer and me. Luckily, my Trainer was a skilled battler, and he'd been able to hold the Legendary Pokemon off while I apprehended the culprits, but an unnamed someone had paid their bail on the mainland and they'd disappeared without a trace.

My thoughts were interrupted by a meaty smacking sound. I looked over in the battle's direction and I saw that Breloom had made contact with the Rhyhorn. He punched the large rhinoceros viciously on the shoulder, but the large Rock-type pushed back at Joey with its large horn. Joey was thrown backwards into Dual and the pair of Fighting-type Pokemon fell to the ground in a jumble of limbs. I couldn't suppress a laugh.

I warned you, I couldn't resist sending to Dual.

<Shut up,> he replied sourly, pushing Joey off of him and getting back onto his feet. He dusted down his legs and continued his inspection of the area.

I grinned and looked over at Haji. For all of his usual complexity in attacking - he'd done fancy stuff with Grass Knot, one of his favourite moves - the Litwick had responded to his Shadow Ball attack with another simple headbutt, albeit one wreathed in flame. Haji didn't look too badly injured but he was panting pretty heavily. I could tell by the way he was looking at Rhyhorn that he was going to attack it. That meant it was the Breloom's turn to go after Litwick - hopefully the Fire-type wouldn't cause Joey too much damage. In fact, the only way to capture this Litwick would be to do more damage to it than it could do to Joey.

"Alright Joey, start this off with a Swords Dance," I called out.

Joey began to flex his muscles again, but this flexing was different to the Bulk Up - instead of gently stretching and empowering his muscles, he was forcing his muscles full of energy, almost to the breaking point. It was different to Dual's Swords Dance, but not any less effective. His motions were short, sharp and sporadic as opposed to graceful and smooth.

As Joey used Swords Dance Haji shot off towards the Rhyhorn. It would have been nice of him to let me know in advance, but his lack of doing so cemented my suspicions that the Espeon was angry with me. I didn't like being on bad standing with someone so close to Ivy, but there was nothing I could do about that right now. I felt a small nudge from Dual so I opened our connection wide. I immediately gasped.

Dual was sending me a stream of what he was looking at in real time. A small black rectangular device was carefully wedged underneath a flat rock. A red light was blinking repeatedly, about three times every second. Even as Dual reached down to pick it up our link wavered, and the red waves roared up again inside both of us, threatening to force our connection to close. We held on though, and Dual managed to pluck the device out from its hiding spot. He reversed it and a white button stuck out against the stark black plastic. He pressed it and suddenly the red waves lessened in intensity. They didn't go away completely, but they certainly receded.

My guess is these devices somehow induce anger or insert it externally into Pokemon, and because Ivy and I are linked to Haji and you we've been feeling it as well, I said.

<I would surmise the same,> the Gallade agreed with me. <I can't be sure - proximity to the devices seems to affect their intensity - but I would guess there are three or four of these in the general area.

General area?

<Well, within walking distance.>

That means there wouldn't be more than thirty or so across Deckbi in its entirety, I mused. Great job, Dual. Bring it with and I'll include it in my report. We'll go out and hunt them all down tomorrow.

<Why not today?> he asked.

Well, we're on a run, so we can't do it right now, I replied, and I'll be buggered if I'm working once we're done.

<Fair enough.>

I realised that Joey had finished his Swords Dance and was waiting for an attack order. I knew I couldn't rely on him to do another status move so soon, which was a pity. I wanted to hurry up and capture this Pokemon so I could check on Ivy. I'd have to leave that for now, though.

"Joey, send a Rock Slide towards the Litwick!" I called out.

Joey bounced happily on his hind legs a couple of times. The third time he came down to earth, he slammed his clubbed tail down at the exact same instant his legs made contact with the hot earth. The sheer force of his attack caused a small crater in the ground, and a spiky line of rocks began shooting towards the Litwick. They thrust up out of the ground, looking a lot like someone was drawing a line in a nailboard. The line of rocks progressed quickly towards Litwick - the Fire type would take a lot of damage from the Rock-typed attack but it should not KO, especially considering Joey himself was not a Rock type. Only time would tell if the damage was enough for me to consider a capture.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Ranger Alex

-

“Yeah, you need to pick your runs better.” Scamper grinned.

“I didn’t have a choice with this one. Damn Leo threw me in this without warning. I wonder if he know they were going to be like this. I’m going to get him back though. I didn’t move to this National Park to deal with this nonsense.”

“Ha, well, at least we get paid more here and we can pretty much do whatever we want.” He said. He was right though, I could do whatever I wanted here. I didn’t know why I was still here though. It was something about them that made me stay. If they battled together right now, they could have ended this battle and captured the two Pokémon a while back. I was a bit surprised at these two because I remember Leo telling me that these two were great pairs, but so far I hadn’t been seeing anything like that.

Rhyhorn roared loudly and Litwick moved on top of his head. I didn’t like the looks of this. Rhyhorn opened his mouth and shot out a well-rounded rock. It was pretty big in size for something that came out of his mouth. The Candle Pokémon quickly lit the rock on fire as it hurdled towards Espeon. The same thing was done and thrown at Breloom. Both of the Trainers Pokémon struggled to get up. I was surprised neither Pokémon got burned by that attack.

I wasn’t quite sure what Espeon was going to do since he was pretty much acting on his own. I wondered though, if Ivy was unconscious, how was she going to capture Rhyhorn before the battle ended or it passed out. Was that what Espeon was going to do? It wasn’t the first time I’d seen a Pokémon capture a wild Pokémon for their Trainer. In fact, that is what Leo trains his Pokémon to do. He has them use combos and capture them at the same time, which was quite impressive. If that was what Espeon was going to do then he was well trained. If not then I guess Chain was going to be the only one walking away with a Pokémon in this battle.

Espeon began glowing green again, which meant she was once more controlling the grass and weeds around the area. To my surprise, he sped off quickly around the Rhyhorn. Long strings of grass followed the purple Psychic Pokémon and they weaved around the rock beast. Espeon then retreated back and began forming a ball of colorful energy.

“Alright Joey, start this off with a Swords Dance," Chain called out. “Joey, send a Rock Slide towards the Litwick!" Breloom immediately began spinning rapidly and glowing a lime green color. I wasn’t exactly sure how that raised his attack, but it apparently did. Breloom then raised his left arm and swiftly brought it down. Rocks from the mountain we were standing on began sliding down and piling up on Litwick.

Espeon finally had its Psybeam charged up and launched the colorful ray at Rhyhorn. It didn’t seem to do a lot of damage, but I guess that’s what it was going for.

Battle Stats: Litwick Spd1 [29% - Used Flamethrower ] and Rhyhorn [28% - Used Rock Blast (2)]

vs

Breloom Att3/Def1 [95% - Used Swords Dance and Rock Slide] and Espeon [85% Used Grass Knot and Quick Attack and Psybeam]

Trainer stats:

Winter MCR: 169.7% Complete 15273/oo9ooo
Chainy MCR: 95.6% Complete o23911/o25ooo

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%

Old 08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

I could hear Alex muttering something to his Lucario - something about his elder brother. I couldn't make out what it was, but something about the way the Lucario was looking at him reminded me of an earlier run. Leo had a Lucario too - I'd probably forgotten it because it was so similar to this one. In fact, I was pretty sure it was the same Lucario. The last one had been named Scamper - I was about to reach out mentally towards the Steel-type when I realised if the Lucario didn't want me rooting around inside its head I could be unceremoniously forced out. I'd once tried to force myself inside a Gengar's head - Dual had been wiping drool off my chin for a couple days.

The Litwick moved closer to the Rhyhorn, and the Rhyhorn opened its mouth wide. A large rock shot out of its gullet and a small tongue of fire lanced from the Litwick's thruster flame towards the projectile. The fire spread across the rock like it was covered in pitch. The rock flew towards Haji and collided with the cat, sending him flying backwards. A second missile crashed into Joey, but he at least wasn't thrown back.

As both Pokemon struggled to return to their feet, I thought about how well the pair were fighting as a team. Before now, I would have felt guilty that Ivy and I weren't displaying that synergy, but now I knew better. It was a little upsetting that Haji wasn't happy with me but since I couldn't say I blamed him I pushed it out of my mind. Hopefully he'd calm down and when Ivy came around she wouldn't be too messed up.

Haji returned to his feet, and using his Quick Attack he jumped from rock to rock around the pair of Pokemon. Grass and weeds rose up from the ground and smashed through the rock, creating a pen from which the Rhyhorn couldn't escape. The Litwick easily floated over the Grass Knot, but it was knocked out of the air by Joey's Rock Slide attack. The fast-moving line of rocks smashed into the little Candle Pokemon, dropping it to the stony ground.

Haji leaped over the Rhyhorn and the vine tendrils smacked into the Rock-type. He then turned and launched a multi-coloured blast of energy towards the Rhyhorn, forcing it to stumble backwards. The Rhyhorn was looking pretty tired, and now that I thought of it, so was the Litwick. The time to capture it was now. I wasn't sure how Ivy was going to capture the Rhyhorn - maybe Haji was going to levitate the Ball?

Haji, do you need help with the capture? I can assist you if you do, I offered gingerly.

I didn't get an immediate response from the Espeon but I didn't expect one. Besides, my first priority at the moment was the capture of the Litwick. Luckily, I knew just how to do it. Joey wasn't particularly suited to combination attacks, but there was one he'd managed to perfect, through much training on his part and much patience on mine.

"Good job, Joey!" I called out. "Now, one final attack. Hit that Litwick with a Bullet Spore!"

Bullet Spore was a combination of two of Joey's trademark moves. Spore was a famous move, the most accurate sleep-inducing move known to all of Pokemon-kind. It was even more powerful than Darkrai's legendary Dark Void attack. It used small spores and motes of DNA to send the target to sleep. It was related to the much more common Sleep Powder, but the move was much more potent - and limited. Only four different evolution families were capable of learning the move - Paras, Breloom, Foongus, and the dark horse Smeargle.

The second move was Bullet Seed, which was not an uncommon technique. Many Grass type Pokemon were able to learn this attack, but the problem was it relied on many projectiles to deliver small amounts of damage. In practise, this usually meant that a simple Energy Ball did more damage than a large Bullet Seed spray. This was not true in Joey's case - his Technician ability meant that weaker attacks were more powerful. That meant that in certain situations the weaker attack was often the better one. For example, his Force Palm technique often did more damage than his Brick Break attack.

Still, even with its power increase, Bullet Seed wasn't incredibly strong, and it was at a disadvantage being used on a Fire-type. This attack wouldn't be enough to knock the Litwick out. Besides, Bullet Spore didn't entail striking the target itself - the seeds would be aimed at the environment around the Pokemon I wanted asleep.

Joey opened his mouth wide, preparing to spray glowing white shells at the Candle Pokemon. Instead of trying to hit the Litwick with rock-hard seeds, the Breloom was filling hollow shells with the small motes that made up his Spore attack When he had a nice amount ready - twenty or so - they'd buzz through the air towards the Litwick, hopefully cracking open on the ground and putting it to sleep. Of course, if a couple of the seeds made contact and the Litwick was damaged a bit more, I wouldn't complain. I pulled out a Park Ball from my pack, and prepared to throw it at the Litwick. I also sidled a little closer to the huddle of sleeping Pokemon in case Haji wanted (or needed) my help.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-04-2011, 03:07 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: I haven't been injured in like 3 posts lol. What's my hp supposed to be at? Hopefully I'm not about to die ._.)

TP#28

The fire hurt a little, but the cat was still standing. Working together was a great advantage the two wilds had against them. While Haji didn't mind working with others, he didn't know Joey well, and he didn't think Chainy would ask him to do anything given the circumstances, even if Ivy had been awake.

Haji's plan more or less worked. He hadn't been aiming to do a ton of damage to the Rhyhorn; he just wanted to weaken it a bit. He could feel that the Rock-type's body was wearing down a little bit through scanning his mind, so he was going to try a capture next. That brought up his next problem: how to get a Park Ball.

Then, Chainy's mind cautiously pinged his. The Espeon opened the link wider as the other Ranger's voice hesitantly asked his question. “Haji, do you need help with the capture? I can assist you if you do,” he offered, and the purple cat thought about it.

Ivy was still out cold, though he could tell her mind evened out and she might even be a little responsive if someone interacted with her. She was safe enough in the cocoon they made for her.

Haji knew where she kept the catching devices in her vest, but he knew that even if he could afford to step away from the battle, he wouldn't be able to get into her pockets. The curse of not having opposable thumbs. Smash was definitely too large, and Haxbat lacked the appropriate limbs for it. Nodding to himself, he went to the only solution he could see.

“That would be most kind,” he told Chainy though the link that was still open. “I cannot get to the Park Balls.” He was concerned that even if he looked away for a second, something would make the situation worse. He couldn't guard Ivy best if he was doing something else. Chainy was getting ready to capture from his instructions to Joey, so it was time they did as well. “I would appreciate if you could get one. They are in the right front pocket of Ivy's vest, the one just above her chest with the fold over the zipper. If you could toss it here, I could direct it to the Rhyhorn.”

He hoped Chainy would help. If he didn't, Haji was going to have to take his eyes off the opponents in order to search himself. That left both him and his Trainer open to further attack. He didn't see a reason why the man wouldn't though, unless he was still too angry at Ivy. Though, why would he offer then?

After another moments of thought, the cat added, [i]“She may be more responsive now. Contact may help wake her. I am... concerned.” He wouldn't go much more into it than that because he didn't want to unnecessarily worry them if it wasn't needed. “If she does not rise soon, I may need assistance moving her. I am a bit tired.” He left it at that, thinking Dual or someone would be able to move her if he could not. If all went well, she would wake before travel was necessary.

Haji braced himself on the dusty ground, keeping a part of his mind on Chainy and the majority of it on the Rhyhorn at Litwick. He was preparing one last Psychic attack. He mostly wanted it to hold the Rhyhorn still so he could use his mental powers to direct the Park Ball Chainy would hopefully throw to him. If it wore him out a little more, that was also beneficial. He wasn't going to knock it out.

A thought occurred to him then. Haxbat was laying on Ivy.

The Rhyhorn snorted and Haji's mind flared with power. It was too late to change plans now. He just had to hope things would work out. While he wasn't going to fault the man for having fears, he hoped that he could overcome them enough to do this for Ivy.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

OOC: Yeah, it's short don't complain >:o

Ranger Alex

-

"Looks like the crazies are pretty much done battling." Scamper said, shaking his head. "You got to admit, this is at least interesting."

"Heh, I suppose. I guess it keeps things interesting, but I just want normalish people. Is that so much to ask?" I replied through telepathy. "I guess I can't complain. I didn't have to take this and could have just left, I don't know why I didn't though. For now let's just see what they want to do. Not like we can do much."

I hadn't been paying attention, but Chain managed to bag both Pokemon, the second being for Ivy. I walked over and picked up the two balls on the ground and pocketed them. "Congrats on capturing them! Well, not really sure what to do here now. I think we should go rest for a while, either that or leave. Not really wanting to drag Ivy around in this heat until she comes too. I mean, I guess we could, just seems weird. Whatever you want to do, I'm cool with."

Battle Stats: Chain

vs

Ivy

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Caught by Winter: Brave/F/Litwick, Mild/F/Larvesta, Mild/M/Rhyhorn
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal, Brave/M/Heatmor, Hardy/M/Drilbur, Jolly/F/Litwick

Winter MCR: o% Complete oooooo/oooooo
Chainy MCR: o% Complete oooooo/oooooo

Total Items: 1x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

Pokemon: Breloom - 68%

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 62%

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 08-04-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:17 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

(OOC: We're not leaving just yet, we're gunna stick around for another couple encounters or so. Don't worry, I'll be out in time to gift you your precious Heatmor =P)

I felt a quick buzzing ping coming from Haji. He wanted me to get a Park Ball off Ivy, and I was glad to help.

<They are in the right front pocket of Ivy's vest, the one just above her chest with the fold over the zipper. If you could toss it here, I could direct it to the Rhyhorn,> he said.

Not a problem, give me a minute, I replied. I turned towards Ivy, and froze.

The Crobat was still there, moving slightly, keeping close to Ivy.

Bile rose in my throat, but I forced myself to keep moving. My heartbeat increased threefold, but I focused on Smash and tried to avoid looking at the huge purple bat. I closed my eyes and reached down towards the immobile Ivy, and I felt a strange leathery thing brush against the back of my hand. My eyes jolted open and I saw that Haxbat was carefully detaching himself from Ivy, pulling away so I could reach in. He chattered softly at me as I opened up Ivy's folded zipper pocket and pulled out a tiny sphere. Ivy muttered in her sleep and shifted a little more onto her side as I withdrew my hand. I nodded thanks to Haxbat, not trusting myself to speak. He chittered and covered his Trainer again, closing his eyes and humming softly. There was nothing wrong with him - I don't know why I ever despised him.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and tossed Ivy's Park Ball over to Haji. I also saw that Joey's Bullet Spore technique had successfully put the Litwick to sleep, so I threw my own ball and it easily captured the Fire-type, like Ivy's easily captured the Rhyhorn. Both of the balls floated through the air into the Lucario's hands, who passed them to Alex.

"Congrats on capturing them! Well, not really sure what to do here now. I think we should go rest for a while, either that or leave. Not really wanting to drag Ivy around in this heat until she wakes too. I mean, I guess we could, just seems weird. Whatever you want to do, I'm cool with," Alex said. It seemed like he wasn't very impressed with us, but that didn't bother me. He'd adapt to Rangering pretty quickly.

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea to head towards the gate," I said. "We'll take it slow though, and I'll carry Ivy. Any objections?" I asked Haji.

<No,> he replied simply.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Yeah, throw a few at us on the way down.)

TP#29

Thankfully, Chainy was able to overcome his fear for a moment. Haji watched out of the corner of his eye as Haxbat moved for him, trying not to start anything. He truly was well-mannered once he got to know someone, and he was cautious and shy when he didn't.

Hopefully it was a step in the right direction. Haxbat was her oldest friend from what he knew, so she wasn't going to leave him any time soon. Not that she would anyway. She wasn't like that. Since she worked with the man on a regular basis, it was important that there were no sour notes between them. If this spat had continued here on the mountain, it could have gotten ugly.

Ivy stirred a little as Chainy looked for the device, and Haji felt her mind start to work a little more. There was more activity, and with any luck, she'd wake up soon.

The Park Ball was tossed to him, and using his mental strength, he directed it toward the Rhyhorn. It put up little fuss as the device snapped closed, and he was satisfied once the ping rang out that signaled it was caught. Ivy liked to help others out, so even though she wouldn't be keeping him, she would still take him out and make sure he got a good home.

Alex then spoke, and Haji agreed with Chainy. They should head toward the gate. If they came across something else interesting, it wouldn't hurt to stop, but Ivy probably needed some proper rest at home rather than on the hot mountain. Chainy asked if it was alright to move her, and he agreed. Though he still had some fight in him, his mind was getting fussy on the edges, signifying he was tired. It wouldn't due to have him knocked out when Ivy finally came to. She might need him to stabilize.

Haxbat gave Ivy a nudge before moving so Chainy could get her, and then with a nod from Haji, he took to the sky again, rising high to watch for danger and keep an eye on his Trainer. Then, they trudged on after Alex.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

OOC: Um, yeah, wasn't asking you to leave, that was just part of the post. Idc whether you get out in time or stay for the rest of your encounters lol, because tbh I'd rather just trade for it lol. Not rushing you.

Ranger Alex

-

Yeah, sounds like a good idea to head towards the gate," He said. "We'll take it slow though, and I'll carry Ivy. Any objections?"

"Sure, whatever." I shrugged. I didn't really care what they did as long as they didn't get in any more trouble then what they were already in. I only had to babysit them a while longer, then I would be out of this oven. I didn't think I would be coming back here anytime soon. Chain lifted Ivy and we began heading downhill. He was going to have to be careful because not only his life was on the line, but hers as well. Once wrong step and they could both fall.

I stopped when I saw we couldn't go down any further. A Rampardos and Tyranitar were fighting on the path we were on. I could tell by the blows they were giving each other that they were just practicing and that it wasn't a real fight. I turned over to Chain and Espeon.

"What to do battle with them?" I asked.

Battle Stats: Tyranitar [100%] - Rampardos [100%]

vs

[IDK] and [IDC]

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Encountered by Winter: Litwick, Cubone, Heatmor, Larvesta, Rhyhorn, Rampardos
Pokemon Encountered by Chainy: Rapidash, Torkoal, Charmeleon, Drilbur, Litwick, Tyranitar

Pokemon Caught by Winter: Brave/F/Litwick, Mild/F/Larvesta, Mild/M/Rhyhorn
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal, Brave/M/Heatmor, Hardy/M/Drilbur, Jolly/F/Litwick

Winter MCR: o% Complete oooooo/oooooo
Chainy MCR: o% Complete oooooo/oooooo

Total Items: 1x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

Pokemon: Breloom - 68%

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 62%

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 08-05-2011 at 08:24 PM.