Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Default Re: Mt. Deckbi

TP#14

Ivy could feel the energy Haji was gathering under the ground. Her palm pulsed along with it as it touched the earth, and she could do nothing else but wait. She could faintly feel Dual too, and she was so glad he was going to help them out.

Nothing happened for a bit, and she started to get worried. She felt power flare, and she flinched. She was surprised to find it was coming from her. She was expanding on her emotions through the psychicness. She tried to rein it in, not wanting it to distract Haji.

Then, tiny stones on the ground started jumping up and down. The earth suddenly exploded upward, showering rocks and dust down everywhere. Ivy covered her head with her arms as she tried to watch what was happening.

Heatmor and Haji burst from the ground in blue and pink bubbles. She could see the Heatmor flinching against the Psychic energy. She was glad it was being worn down a bit, but she was more glad that Haji seemed okay. Dual even blocked the tunnel they made so the mole couldn't retreat back into it right away.

Unfortunately, the Espeon couldn't get away right off, and the fire type flared with energy, consuming them both in flame. Ivy winced, hating not being able to help. “If he burns you, burn him back with your ability,” she thought bitterly, and then she blinked.

That had been a little vicious, and she wondered where it came from. She didn't have a lot of time to think about it though, as Haji soon broke free. Still, she shivered. She didn't know what she'd do if she lost him. It was scary.

He was panting a little, but he looked mostly okay, and he reassured her through their bond that he was fine. She could feel the strain fighting was taking on his body through it, feeling every time he drew in breath and the way his mind was whirring as he tried to keep track of everything at once. It had her mesmerized for a moment. As long as she could feel him like this though, things would be okay. She could feel he wasn't that hurt.

River commented on the surge she accidentally sent through the link, and Ivy apologized silently. She did laugh shortly though at River's snark about almost killing Buzz. It was too bad; maybe he'd be nicer if he had happened. Then again, that wouldn't be the Buzz they all knew and liked.

“Alright,” she finally said, finding her voice. “If you're still okay, Haji, it's time to wear them down. Just don't let it happen to you. If you need to slow down, let me know.” She didn't want to wear him out, but he sent only calming feelings through the bond. “Use your Grass Knot technique. If they want to play with fire, let's give them something to burn.”

The Espeon nodded and scooted a little closer to her, drawing energy into himself. If all went well, he could draw up roots from under the ground and distract the fire Pokémon a bit. The vines wouldn't last long, but it'd be easy targets for burning, and if they were occupied with doing that, they might ignore both Haji and Dual. The Gallade could then unleash some force against them and maybe Chainy would feel ready enough to capture.

Either way, it would use up some energy, and that's what they wanted. Charmeleon's ability seemed to be hurting it while it was this sunny, so the longer it battled, the faster it would fall. As long as Haji had enough energy to keep up, they'd be okay.

She was more worried about her violent thoughts. She wasn't much for that, being pretty easy going and generally good-natured. It wasn't like her to think like that, even if she was scared and worried about her partner. She just attributed it to her shakiness though. She had a lot of stress this afternoon, and she was sure her mind was more than a mess at the moment. She couldn't worry about it right now though. They had a battle to finish.

“Okay, Haji, nice and easy now...”

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 06-12-2011, 04:02 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

I watched with baited breath as Dual extended hand started to wobble. The Psychic was taking a lot out of him - unlike Gardevoir, Gallade didn't have a very good grip on their special, mental-based abilities. Despite his lack of prowess, the ground began to shake, and suddenly the large red beast that was the Heatmor burst out from under the ground. I could just barely see the pink form of Haji amongst its claws, but Haji didn't seem too badly injured. I shot a quick side-ways look at Ivy - it looked like she had calmed down a little bit, which means Haji was probably reassuring her through their mental link. That was good, the immediate danger was over.

That was when a huge flame expanded from the pair of struggling Pokemon. The fire washed over Espeon, and Ivy's teeth gritted, which I had never seen her do before. A plethora of jokes and sexual innuendos leaped to mind, but this was not the time, and more importantly I didn't have any set-up.

The fireball faded and Haji finally managed to break free of the Heatmor, kicking his rear legs off of the anteater Pokemon's barrel-like chest. He backed up, getting close to Ivy. I watched him retreat, glad that Dual had been able to help rescue him, but I felt like I was forgetting something, something important.

A roar reminded me what it was. The Charmeleon. I turned my head to look at it, and I saw that it was now spinning around in circles, its fire cloak twisting with it, becoming a miniature tornado. I wasn't quite sure what the move was, but I could tell by the way the Charmeleon suddenly shot forward towards Dual that it had probably just raised its Speed somehow. Unfortunately, Dual didn't have a Speed-raising move of his own, which would make this more than a minor complication.

The flames that covered the Charmeleon trailed behind it in the air like a cape as it darted towards Dual and grabbed the Gallade around the waist. It then managed to jump into the air with a powerful jerk from its back, and I recognised the move from professional league battling videos - Seismic Toss. The fire curled up around Charmeleon, and Dual winced slightly as the fire made contact with him too, but he couldn't manage to break free. Before I could yell at him to Teleport away, the Charmeleon fashioned some bat-like wings out of the fire, and with another powerful jerk he flipped himself and Dual around so that they were heading back towards the ground. The fiery wings pushed down to assist this before melting back into shapeless flames. I was trying to yell at Dual - both physically and mentally - to get out of there, but for some reason or another he either didn't hear me or couldn't. The pair of Pokemon crashed into the ground, creating a small dustcloud that poofed out in all directions. The Charmeleon quickly backed out of the cloud, waiting for Dual to emerge, but he didn't. I could tell he was alright through out link, but he had chosen to take a second inside the relative safety of the dustcloud to regain some energy.

River flew a little lower, towards Ivy, and flapped her wings towards the dust, keeping it away from them. Ivy probably didn't notice, though - she was clearly too busy trying to decide what to do next. I knew exactly what I was going to do - if I was going to capture that Heatmor, I'd need to take out the Charmeleon first. It seemed to have a problem with Dual - it kept interrupting my attacks and targeting the Gallade over the Espeon. If I wanted to be able to focus my complete attention on the capture, I needed to be rid of the Flame Pokemon.

“Alright, if you're still okay, Haji, it's time to wear them down. Just don't let it happen to you," Ivy's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "If you need to slow down, let me know. Use your Grass Knot technique. If they want to play with fire, let's give them something to burn.”

Haji nodded and backed up a little bit more before closing his eyes in concentration. I was a bit confused by this order - it wasn't aggressive in any way - but then it began to make sense to me. Charmeleon obviously had the Solar Power Ability, otherwise it wouldn't be capable of such staggering damage output, which means its energy was slowly being sapped. If Haji could raise walls of vines or something to distract and delay the Charmeleon, its energy would continue to be sapped, and it might just lower him to knockout range if Dual hit him hard enough. Hopefully Haji would also be able to keep the Heatmor entertained, but I somehow doubted that. Nevertheless, sending the Charmeleon off would be worth giving the Heatmor a free shot.

I needed to hit the Charmeleon as hard as possible and as quickly as possible too. Earthquake immediately jumped to mind, but I refused to cause any more damage to Haji. Stone Edge was also a possibility, but without Haji's help I didn't want to take the risk of using such an inaccurate technique. Another possiblity presented itself to me, one that I liked. The strongest move in Dual's arsenal was Close Combat, which was a series of punches, strikes and kicks that pummeled an opponent into nothingness. It was usually a last resort for me, seeing as the Close Combat overtaxed Dual's muscles and left him weakened for a while, but I needed this Charmeleon gone now. The Close Combat, coupled with Dual's earlier Swords Dance and his Fighting type attack bonus should put a significant dent in the Charmeleon, but perhaps not enough. A Drain Punch would hopefully finish it off, though, and Dual might be able to get a bit of health back to make up for the defense hits he'd take for using the Close Combat technique.

"Dual, we need to get rid that Charmeleon ASAP!" I called. "Use Close Combat, but mix it up by throwing a Drain Punch or two inside your barrage!"

Dual pinged me in agreement, and he stood up. He flexed his knees twice before breaking into a run towards the Charmeleon. He burst out of the cloud, causing some of the dust to trail after him. His long green blades extended to their fullest length, and his fists began to glow a faint dark blue, ready to sap the Charmeleon's health even as it was struck. I hoped that the strong barrage of attacks would knock out the Charmeleon or at least scare it off, but something about the look in the Flame Pokemon's eyes made me doubt.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 06-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Buzzer Offline

Default Re: order Renagel pharmacy

BP:

“If he burns you, burn him back with your ability,” Ivy thought bitterly. River was surprised; having caught this thought, she had never heard Ivy being so aggressive and violent towards a Pokémon. “If you're still okay, Haji, it's time to wear them down. Just don't let it happen to you. If you need to slow down, let me know. Use your Grass Knot technique. If they want to play with fire, let's give them something to burn.”

River realised she was just stalling out the battle. River was sure Chainy would have to start dealing some significant damage to Heatmor if he wanted it to catch it any time soon.

"Dual, we need to get rid that Charmeleon ASAP!" He called. "Use Close Combat, but mix it up by throwing a Drain Punch or two inside your barrage!" That was anything but hurting the Heatmor.

Haji took the lead, he closed his eyes in concentration and River spotted some earth moving at the opponents feet. She assumed that the Grass knot technique would be difficult here given the lack of grass. River watched as an enormous vine like wall formed between the opposing Pokémon.

It seemed odd as neither the Heatmor or Charmeleon seemed phazed by this. With a roar of flame the Charmeleon unleashed a scorching Flamethrower that burnt a large hole through the vine wall. It blinked as it saw the damage it had caused, only to see the form of Gallade rushing through the whole and right towards it.

There was a flurry of fists as Dual showed is mastery of Close Combat. River could see faint flashes of light as the odd Drain Punch hit the Charmeleon. The red Lizard was being punished in the worst possible way. Gallade's attack ended as it leapt acrobatically through the singed vines.

The Charmeleon fell to the floor, chest heaving. Anguish across its face as the sun sapped the last energy from its body. River sighed as she watched the wild Pokémon's eyes closed.

The Heatmor, meanwhile, was watching careful; its claws scratching against one another sharpening against each other. It leapt into the air tearing the vines to shreds as if they were cooked noodles. It landed swiftly on the dusty path; the green vines covered in leaves fell to the floor just like an Autumn day.

It then seeing it was outnumbered open its mouth and released a searing beam of flame. It targetted Espeon at first, the flames washed over the small feline briefly before it had begun to turn towards Dual. It wasn't going to make it easy for Dual just because he seemed to be at the disadvantage.

------------------------------

Battle Stats:
?/m/Heatmor - 60 % [ATT/ACC+2] --- [Hone Claws/Cut | Flamethrower]
?/?/Charmeleon KO
vs
Serious/M/Gallade - 74% [ATT+2] --- [Close Combat]
Calm/M/Espeon - 70% [FE] --- [Grass Knot]

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Encountered by Winter: Litwick, Cubone, Heatmor
Pokemon Encountered by Chainy: Rapidash, Torkoal, Charmeleon

Encounters Remaining: 13
Pokemon Caught by Winter: Brave/F/Litwick
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal

Winter MCR: random number is random/25000
Chainy MCR: 23402/25000

Name: James “Chainy” Carter (aka my Ranger)
Total Items: 3x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

Pokemon Stats (List your Pokemon Stats)

Pokemon: Gallade
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[GHOST], TM60-Sunny Day, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM88-Brick Break, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look

Pokemon: Swampert - 66%
Nickname: Smash
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM03-Surf, HM04-Strength, HM07-Waterfall, HM08-Rock Smash, HM09-Dive, HM11-Rock Climb, TM13-Ice Beam, TM126-Stone Edge; TM129-Stealth Rock, Curse, Superpower, Yawn

Pokemon: Breloom
Nickname: Joey
Ability: Technician
Nature: Careful
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM03-Swords Dance, TM06-Toxic, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM94-Bullet Seed, TM69-Iron Tail, TM114-Fling, TM147-Low Sweep, Thunderpunch, Synthesis

-----------------------

Name: Ivy Frost (Going as my Ranger)
Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Darumaka), Poképlayer, Park Voucher (3.5k Value Left), Max Revive x2

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat
Ability: Inner Focus
TM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Steel
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird

Ambipom
TM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunderwave, Taunt, U-turn
BM/SM/MT: None

Espeon - Haji - 100%
Nature: Calm
Ability: Synchronize
TM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell
Old 06-19-2011, 08:41 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#15

Just as she wanted, Haji drew up vines from deep in the earth. He had to go a pretty far way for them. She could feel that much through the bond by how hard he had to concentrate. It did work though, and a large vine wall shot out of the ground between the two Pokémon.

To be honest, she didn't care if it was burned down right away or if it caused problems. There was little else they could do right now trying to stay out of the way, and if they wore the other down a bit or distracted them for a second, that was perfectly okay with her.

The Charmeleon blasted a streaming Flamethrower through the vines, creating a heaping hole in the striking place. Then, Dual rushed through that opening and slammed into it, his body whirling with punches and kicks as he showed his mastery of battle. The Gallade then retreated back through the same opening he came through, and the sun took its toll on what little strength the Charmeleon had left.

Its chest heaved as it sunk to the ground, and Ivy felt a little bad as the sun sapped it once more and sent it into a Pokémon's 'knocked out' phase. That was the problem with battling. Some opponents didn't like to quit or run away, and Trainers were forced to deal with them. The Charmeleon would be alright after it got some rest, but even so, Ivy was a little conflicted, considering as a Ranger it was her job to protect them.

Haji reassured her through the bond that it just needed rest and would be fine, and that made her feel a bit better. At least now Chainy could focus on the Heatmor without too many interruptions.

The fire mole lashed out at Haji one more time before changing its attack to Dual, shifting the flames over to the bipedal Psychic type. He looked okay though, and Haji told her that he was fine too.

“Alright, Haji, let's back off a little bit now. This is Chainy's fight. We'll watch their back, but let's try to stay out of their way.” The purple cat nodded and backed up a little toward her, watching the field. Ivy didn't want to double team the wild Pokémon. She would knock out Pokémon as necessary, but she would not be cruel. “You can leave the vines now. If Heatmor wants to burn them, that's fine. Don't waste energy on them.”

She felt him release the energy he put into them with a soft pop in her mind, and then the strain was gone. He was hurt a little, but it wasn't too serious yet. For now they could focus on the battle. “Just hold your ground now. If it tries to attack you or throws something your way, try to deflect it with a Psybeam.”

The purple cat readied his attack just in case, a multi-ring beam in a variety of colors that messed with mental aspects of a foe's mind as well as physically being able to move stuff. She thought that one of the side affects, possible confusion, was the result of the rings acting sort of like sound waves and triggering something in the mind.

He told her he was ready silently, and she watched the battle again, wanting to see what Chainy would do.

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 06-20-2011, 06:18 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

I watched as Dual ran towards the Charmeleon, his fists clenched and his blades extended. A sudden rumbling filled the air, and the ground began to shake as green tendrils began to explode out of the ground and reach up into the sky. More and more flew up, wrapping around each other, creating an impromptu wall of vines that separated the wild Pokemon from ours. Almost immediately, I heard a screeching metallic noise, one that was reminiscent of the ringing sound a sword made when it was sharpened. However, because of the Grass Knot wall, I had no idea what it was or which Pokemon was using it, even though the sound was quite familiar.

Dual kept running full-pelt towards where he had last seen the Charmeleon. I had no idea what he was planning to do - perhaps he was going to cut the vines with his arm blades, although the living wall seemed far too tough to cut that easily. I decided not to worry about it though - if he wasn't sure about what he was doing, he would have hung back and waited for further commands.

A bit of the wall began to smoke, and a small flame broke through, spreading outwards as the Charmeleon burned it away. The fire spread outwards in a circle, creating a small hole right in front of Dual. He leaped through it, accidentally emulating a superhero as he did so. He just managed to fit through, avoiding the crackling flames. The Charmeleon's jaw dropped as it saw Dual's fist flying towards its face. The vicious punch crashed into its face, knocking it backwards. The Charmeleon's coat of fire flinched backwards, as if it was fleeing from the Gallade's raw power. Dual twisted in midair, bringing his right blade slashing across the Charmeleon's chest, and kicking it in the face with his foot. After spinning, he punched it hard in the cheek, using the force to counterbalance his spin. Some white energy exploded out of the back of the Charmeleon's head. It hovered there for a few seconds before curving around the Flame Pokemon and into Dual through the red spike in his chest.

Dual continued to lay into the Charmeleon, all in midair without touching the ground. Punches, slashes, and the occasional kick were are launched at the Fire type with incredible speed and fearsome precision. More flashes of white occured as Dual fired off more Drain Punches, sapping the Charmeleon's health. The fire that had surrounded the Charmeleon up until now flinched back further and further, until Dual threw one final punch at the Charmeleon. His fist smashed into the Fire-type's collarbone, throwing it backwards through its own flame. The fire was extinguished and the Charmeleon collapsed onto the ground, unconscious. Dual hit the ground right in front of it, standing over his defeated opponent.

I was worried for the Charmeleon's health, but I knew Dual wouldn't have killed the Charmeleon. Haji reassured me of this - he had been keeping an eye on the Charmeleon's health and he told me that the Flame Pokemon was fine, but very tired. Worries pushed aside, I took a moment to enjoy the fierce warrior pride that Dual was feeling as it flowed through our link. Dual didn't often get to fight full-on - as a Ranger Pokemon, he usually only deterred or detained Pokemon, and although he never said anything I knew that sometimes he yearned for a good honest fight. I was glad that he had one - it had been a long time since his last.

I was startled out of my silence by some sudden slashing sounds as the Heatmor easily sliced through Haji's wall of plants. It then took a deep breath and blew a large stream of fire straight towards the Espeon. The Flamethrower boiled over the cat, and then the Heatmor turned, sending the fire towards Dual across the battlefield. The rest of the vines burned down easily - the Heatmor was much mroe powerful that the Charmeleon so it was easier to do. The flames washed across Dual, but he blocked his face with his arms and assured me he was alright. Gallade had great long-range defenses - it was one of the reasons they made such great warrior Pokemon.

Now that the Charmeleon was out of the way, it was finally time to capture this Pokemon so that Ivy and I could move on. It was my job to do, though - I was grateful for Ivy's help in this battle, but she couldn't help with this, and she seemed to know it.

“Alright, Haji, let's back off a little bit now. This is Chainy's fight. We'll watch their back, but let's try to stay out of their way," Ivy said. "You can leave the vines now. If Heatmor wants to burn them, that's fine. Don't waste energy on them. Just hold your ground now. If it tries to attack you or throws something your way, try to deflect it with a Psybeam.”

Haji nodded, and a variety of different colours began to blink slowly in front of the Espeon, fading in and out as he adapted the Psybeam into a shield of sorts. It wouldn't be necessary, though - I intended to catch the Heatmor with this next strike, and I knew just how to do it too.

"Alright Dual, I want you to hit the Heatmor with a Psycho Cut, and mix in a Thunder Wave too. I'd rather not paralyze it, but it's a strong Pokemon and we need all the help we can get!" I yelled.

The boiling flames subsided, and I saw that Dual's right blade was glowing pure blue. His left hand was bright yellow, and he ran it over the length of his glowing blade. Small streaks of yellow detached from his hand and began crawling around on the surface of his attack. With a mighty heave, the Gallade swung his arm towards the Heatmor like he was throwing a punch. The Psycho Cut detached from his arm and took on a crescent shape, spinning towards the Heatmor. Small strands and sparks of electricity crawled around the disc - hopefully they'd be enough to paralyze the Heatmor so that it wouldn't be able to resist the capture attempt.

I pulled a Park Ball out of my pack - I considered using a Super Ball momentarily, but the paralysis should be enough. I watched the disc carefully as it sped towards the Anteater Pokemon, ready to throw it as soon as Dual attack was complete...

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 07-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Ranger Alex

-

Deckbi sure wasn’t a place I wanted to be this time of year. It was just incredibly hot. Now, if it was hot and there was a lake like at the Great Lakes, then I wouldn’t mind going to take a run there. However, going to Deckbi was going to suck. I brought an extra pair of clothes in case I sweated too much here. I hadn’t been there, but I heard about it from Leo. I requested to be transferred here from the Safari Zone in Kanto, and him being my brother, and an Elite Ranger, got me in easily. This was technically my first run.

I looked around Deckbi, searching for any signs of the duo I was supposed to be taking. Apparently, Buzz, a woman ranger was their Ranger, but he sort of disappeared. So, not only was it my job to take these people through their run, I also had been assigned the special task of finding Buzz. The people I was taking through the park were Elites like Leo; I didn’t know why they couldn’t take themselves through the park. It was probably just some policy, either way; this job wasn’t turning out so good

I heard a loud squawking sound coming from the sky. I quickly looked up and saw a green and purple bird circling the air, it was a Xatu. From what Leo told me, Buzz had a Xatu and since they were indigenous to this particular area, I knew it had to be it. I was about to rush over there when a hand grabbed me and pulled me down. I turned, about to punch whatever was grabbing me, but stopped when I saw it was an older man.

“It’s me.” He said. He had a park uniform on, but he seemed totally crazy.

“Who the hell are you? Get off me.” I cried out, yanking my arm away from him.

“Sorry,” He said, and a Zoroark appeared besides him. “Drop it Mirage.” When he said that, the old man disappeared and Leo stood in his place.

“What the ****. What the hell are you doing?” I barked out. “If you’re here why make me come here.”

“To take them through, I didn’t want to do it. I just wanted to mess with them a bit.” He laughed.

“Wow, I’m so out of here.” I angrily said. “Wasting my time with this ****.”

“No, seriously, take them through. Buzz also needs finding.” He said, and with that he disappeared, leaving me with his troubles.

“Damnit,” I began walking towards the hovering Xatu. As I got closer, I saw a young man and woman. They appeared to be in battle. I saw a Gallade lunge in towards a Heatmor and strike it with a powerful looking Psycho Cut and then firing a Thunder Wave at it. An Espeon was sitting on the sidelines, I wasn’t sure if it was going to jump in or not. The girl didn’t appear to be battling, which made sense since girls couldn’t battle that well. I walked up to her.

“Hey, I’m Alex, you’re Ivy right?” I asked since I didn’t know what she or he looked like. “Okay, then I’ll be taking you two through.” I said quietly to her. As I said that, Chain threw a Parkball towards the Heatmor, taking the fire beast in. The ball shook several times. At one point, it looked like it was going to come out, but it finally remained motionless.

“Well, nice going. You caught it!” I said, trying to sound happy, but with the way this day was going, it sounded more sarcastic. I picked up the ball and introduced myself to him. “Whenever you two are ready we can move on.

Battle Stats: N/A

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Encountered by Winter: Litwick, Cubone, Heatmor
Pokemon Encountered by Chainy: Rapidash, Torkoal, Charmeleon

Encounters Remaining: 12
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal, Brave/M/Heatmor

Winter MCR: ooooo/oooooo
Chainy MCR: ooooo/oooooo

Total Items: 2x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[GHOST], TM60-Sunny Day, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM88-Brick Break, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM03-Surf, HM04-Strength, HM07-Waterfall, HM08-Rock Smash, HM09-Dive, HM11-Rock Climb, TM13-Ice Beam, TM126-Stone Edge; TM129-Stealth Rock, Curse, Superpower, Yawn

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM03-Swords Dance, TM06-Toxic, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM94-Bullet Seed, TM69-Iron Tail, TM114-Fling, TM147-Low Sweep, Thunderpunch, Synthesis

-----------------------

Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Darumaka), Poképlayer, Park Voucher (3.5k Value Left), Max Revive x2

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
TM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind
a

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 07-16-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:32 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Wow, let's see if I can remember how to do posts.)

TP#16

With a sigh of relief she watched the Park Ball still on the ground. Finally Heatmor was caught. For some reason, that battle had seemed to take a lot longer than it actually did. She was glad it was over at any rate. She smiled in Chainy's general direction at another successful capture when motion caught her eye in the opposite direction.

Alphonzo, another so-called Ranger, was standing next to another one that she recognized a little from pictures she had seen once of Leo's family. Then, to her astonishment, Alphonzo shimmered and disappeared, and Leo then stood in his place.

Her eyes narrowed as she stared at them, thinking about what a horrible trick that was when they were out here looking for poachers and other dangerous individuals. Her hands clenched together, and she was on the verge of coming up with a good rant to chew the red-haired Ranger out with when there was a brushing up against her legs.

She looked down to see Haji there, and he looked up at her as he rubbed on her leg again. She felt the calming waves coming from him through their link, trying to soothe her. She blinked a few times and unclenched her hands. She didn't know why she had gotten so angry just now. Sure, Leo's joke was a little careless, but it hadn't brought them any harm. She sighed again. She wanted off of this mountain.

“Thanks, Haji,” she said, reaching down to scratch his ear. He looked pleased enough.

Motion behind her caused her to get up, and then the other Ranger approached. “Hey, I'm Alex. You're Ivy, right?” he asked. She nodded, recognizing him and one of Leo's brothers who had just recently transferred into the Park. “Okay then. I'll be taking you two through. Whenever you two are ready we can move on.”

Relieved that there were no more jokes, she nodded again, turning to River. “Be careful when you got back to get Buzz.” Even though she knew he was probably fine, she still worried. There were other things on the mountain besides them. “Those poachers are still out there. If you need help, come get us okay?”

The Xatu nodded, and with a shimmer of energy, she teleported away, presumably to go get her Trainer. Then again, knowing River, she'd probably leave him out for a while to get sunburned and then make fun of him for napping later. The thought brought a small smile to her face, and she shook her head.

“Hi, Alex. We came out here looking for some poachers that've been causing problems in the Park recently, but we haven't got sight of them yet. Boss wanted us to go 'have fun' on a run too, so here we are. I'm ready to go when you are. Chainy?” she asked, throwing the question in his direction.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:43 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

I watched the ball carefully as it swayed from side to side. Finally, a red light flared as the capture mechanism locked down and the Heatmor was successfully captured. I grinned happily - I had a dear friend who was looking for one of these. It would make a great gift for him.

I looked over to Ivy, and she smiled at me. I felt a flare of happiness - something wasn't right, but it was always good to see her smile. She deserved that.

She suddenly whipped her head around to the side, and I followed her line of sight. A second Ranger was standing next to Alphonso, but this one I actually recognized. It was Alex, one of Leo's younger brothers. He'd been transferred in at Leo's request but hadn't taken any runs yet. It was probably good that this was his first run - if he screwed up he had not one but two Elite Rangers to fix his mistakes.

However, he wasn't the only person I recognized. A black fox-like Pokemon suddenly appeared, like a cloak of invisibility was pulled off of it. It was a Zoroark, and to my knowledge only one Ranger had one of those. Sure enough, Alphonzo's form twisted and distorted, and Leo was revealed in all of his glory. I shot him a very discreet middle finger and sent him a scathing text message, but a small smile creeped across my face. Leo had a real sense of humour.

Leo murmured something to Alex before turning around and walking off. Alex walked over with a smile on his face, but he made a beeline for Ivy.

“Hey, I’m Alex, you’re Ivy right?” he asked her. I watched him carefully, but he didn't try anything untoward. He then walked over to the PokeBall containing my new Heatmor and picked it up before congratulating me.

“We came out here looking for some poachers that've been causing problems in the Park recently, but we haven't got sight of them yet," Ivy informed Alex. "Boss wanted us to go 'have fun' on a run too, so here we are. I'm ready to go when you are. Chainy?”

"Yeah, I'm good to move on." I nodded.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Ranger Alex

-

“We came out here looking for some poachers that've been causing problems in the Park recently, but we haven't got sight of them yet," Ivy informed me. "Boss wanted us to go 'have fun' on a run too, so here we are. I'm ready to go when you are. Chainy?”

"Yeah, I'm good to move on." He added.

"Poachers huh, interesting." I mumbled, then thinking to myself, "I wonder what Pokemon they're looking for. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled out for them then." I looked around for a trail or something that would lead us away from the mountain, but I could only see one that lead straight up the mountain. Wasn't a path I particularly wanted to take, but I also had to remember that I couldn't go by what I wanted since I was escorting them. I didn't want to do anything that made me look incompetent.

"Alright then. Something tells me we should head up this mountain. We may just be in luck." I said, trying not to sound nervous. I had to get two Elite Rangers on my first run. Why couldn't they take each other. They go on a regular run with one another. One looks after the other so the park rules won't get broke or anything, sounds pretty legit to me. Perhaps I would bring it up and they could use it.

We slowly walked up the side of the mountain. It was pretty steep, but it was climbable(new word of the day). However, if they didn't watch out, they could find themselves with a face full of dirt. I didn't expect to see any interesting Pokemon until we got to the top of the mountain, but then, I saw the most bizzare thing. A Larvesta was riding on back of a Drilbur. What they were doing was unclear to me. Perhaps they were just playing? I sure hoped so because Larvesta didn't stand a chance against Drilbur, I don't even know why they are near each other.

"Would you like to engage them in battle." I asked, having a feeling that they would.

Battle Stats: Larvesta [100%] and Drilbur [100%] vs WTF[100%] and WTH[100%]

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Encountered by Winter: Litwick, Cubone, Heatmor, Larvesta
Pokemon Encountered by Chainy: Rapidash, Torkoal, Charmeleon, Drilbur

Encounters Remaining: 11

Winter MCR: o2667/oooooo
Chainy MCR: o1986/oooooo

Total Items: 2x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
a

Old 07-20-2011, 01:13 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

"Poachers huh? Interesting..." Alex muttered. I wondered if he was nervous about being on an expedition like this for his very first outing. I know I would have been - my first run was with a Pokemon Trainer that I hadn't heard from in years, coincidentally right on this very mountain. He'd gifted me the Houndour he caught before leaving on an adventure to other continents. The puppy had been energetic and boisterous, not at all suited to Ranger life, so I'd given him to Jathan. Last I saw it, the dog was trying to perfect the Inferno technique. Inferno was like Zap Cannon in that it was incredibly unwieldy but potent and dangerous.

"Alright then. Something tells me we should head up this mountain. We may just be in luck," Alex said to us in a much clearer tone of voice. I, however, groaned inwardly - I hated physical exertion, especially uphill exertion, ESPECIALLY in the baking-hot sun. I choked it back though - no doubt Ivy would tell me off if I refused, probably for being lazy or undermining the poor kid's confidence or something - and followed my new Ranger up the mountain.

It wasn't an easy climb, but then none ever were. My clothes stuck to my back and neck, and I was openly panting. Again, I considered summoning Smash to ride or just to keep cool, but there were multiple reasons I did not, the foremost being the heat sapped my will do to anything more than soldier forward, even something as minute as reaching up to my belt.

We reached a small plateau about a third of the way up the mountain. I was about to beg for a rest when Alex suddenly stopped moving and I nearly crashed into him. I clasped onto my knees and gasped as small drops of sweat fell from my forehead onto the dry ground. Small swirls of dust moved away from the contact and I watched entranced by the rotation of the particles before they collapsed back onto the ground.

"Would you like to engage them in battle?" Alex asked, quite formally.

For a second I thought he meant the small swirls, but a couple of seconds later I realised there was probably a couple of Pokemon nearby that he and Ivy were looking at. Wearily, I raised my head to check out what my next Encounter was.

My jaw dropped open.

A small black mole Pokemon with bright silver claws and a white face was jumping around on all fours happily like a horse being broken by a rider. Its rider wasn't human, though - it was a worm-like creature that I recognised as a Larvesta. Its carapace was brown, but it had a white mane of hair and small red strands that waved in the air as the Drilbur underneath it cavorted about.

Larvesta were incredibly rare, and it would make an excellent catch, but I was more interested in the Drilbur. Its evolved form Excadrill was incredibly fast and strong, and I knew of many Trainers that would kill to add one to their team. Hopefully Ivy wouldn't mind if I tried to capture it, but it never hurt to ask, just to be sure.

"Hey Ivy, mind if I go after the Drilbur?" I asked. "Of course, the Larvesta is all yours."

Perhaps I'd get some brownie points for offering the rarer Pokemon to her, but that wasn't my chief concern at the moment. Whether or not she was okay with it, I knew exactly which Pokemon I was going to use. No offense to Smash or Joey, but this battle would require my strongest, most intelligent, and unbelievably trustworthy Pokemon. My Gallade, Dual. His wide range of abilities, both offensive and defensive, would allow me to keep an eye on both of the Pokemon in play so I could help Ivy out if needed. A small sigh escaped me - I seriously doubted Joey would ever get his chance to shine.

I picked Dual's PokeBall off my belt and threw it onto the ground in front of us. A white flash revealed Dual in all of his masculine glory - being a highly experienced warrior Pokemon it would take more than a single battle to tire him out.

I decided to start this battle defensively - these were both powerful creatures, even if they weren't fully evolved. They both shared one very conspicuous weakness, though - both Larvesta and Drilbur were very much physical attackers. One of Dual's defensive techniques would be the perfect opening move.

"Dual, set up a Reflect and be ready for any tricks!" I commanded.

Dual nodded and clapped his hands together. The smack of his palms meeting echoed around the mountain. His horn and crest began to glow with a blue nimbus and he drew his hands apart. A bright blue rectangle expanded in front of him, stopping when it was about five feet in height. He slid his right arm across the Reflect and I heard a very distinctive snick sound as the barrier snapped into place like a shield. This method of Reflect didn't provide protection to my battle partner, but it was much more potent and easier to use this way.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 07-20-2011, 08:09 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: inb4 I do all 35k in one post. Bee, your rolls are amazing. Female Larvesta please ^^)

TP#17

Alex decided to take them up the mountainside, and Ivy was just fine with that. The sooner they got this over with, the better. There was something about the mountain today that just didn't sit right with her, but she couldn't place what it was. It made her on edge, and whatever it was messed with her mind.

As they continued on their way, Ivy reached out with her senses, trying to feel anything that would help them. She didn't know what was wrong, and it bothered her. However, she couldn't find anything. She was a bit sour that she was too new at it to be able to help any, but other than ask Haji, there wasn't anything she could really do.

He was sensing too though, and he came to her rescue as her mind tried to settle into scathing self-thoughts. He spoke softly as to not hurt her mental ears. They were still a little sore. “The mountain is uneasy. Do you see the way the earth churns and the air swirls?”

Ivy focused in on the things he pointed out, eager for a lesson in how to use this power. She saw the way the energy clouds shifted and twisted, and once she recognized it, it was easy to see it in other objects: random Pokémon they passed, the rocks, even the clouds above them. She wondered what it was from and if they should be super worried. Worst case scenario, it was the volcano...

“I do not think it is the sea of fire. Perhaps your poachers?” Haji offered. She breathed a sigh of relief.

She wiped a trail of sweat off her forehead as she thought for a moment. “You know, now that I think of it, there were some devices in the Gardens when we went with Daniel. Do you remember?” Haji nodded in response, and it was yet another piece of food for thought.

At least all of these musings were keeping her mind off the heat. Well, mostly anyway. Not for the first time, she questioned her wardrobe. The turtleneck was beginning to get very hot on the back of her neck, and that wasn't helped by her long, red hair either. She was lucky she wasn't carrying all of her Ranger supplies. The vest coat was already heavy enough. At least she wasn't going to get very burned covered up though, except for maybe the top of her head. On that thought, she popped the red hood up, covering that sensitive skin where her hair parted on top.

They trudged on, and eventually they came to a plateau-type place near one of the checkpoints going up the mountain. It was leveled out as good as a place like this could get, and decent sized rocks littered the area, like everywhere else. Once you've seen one rocky field, you've seen them all.

Suddenly, Alex motioned to two forms moving across the way. As she looked, her eyes widened a little. One was a mole-like Pokémon that was dark in color with blue stripes across it. It had a pale face and a longer nose, and there were curved claws on the ends of its paws. She recognized it as a Drilbur, the pre-evolution of a very rare and powerful Ground-type Pokémon.

That wasn't the amazing part though, as she had heard of a few Trainers having them. What she was really looking at was the Pokémon riding on top of the Drilbur like they were playing Cowboy. It was a Bug-type with a worm-like body lined with stubby legs. A crazy head of pure white hair decorated it, sort of looking like a Shiftry's mane. Fire-colored spines stuck out of it, designed in a star or sun pattern. What really got her was the piercing blue eyes though. They connected with hers and she couldn't seem to look away, like it was daring her to challenge it.

She barely noticed Alex speak as he said, “Would you like to engage them in battle?”

Then she remembered she wasn't alone on the mountain. She looked away from the bug to see Chainy looking back at her, a question forming. “Hey Ivy, mind if I go after the Drilbur? Of course, the Larvesta is all yours.”

She nodded, still a little shocked that such a rare Pokémon would present itself to them. She had heard of very few people that had one.

Losing herself in thoughts again, she was brought back to the present by Chainy reaching for a Ball on his belt. In a flash, Dual reappeared while flexing his muscles. She knew he had a lot of stamina being a Fighting-type, even though he had just battled not very long before. That reminded her that she needed to choose one of her partners to battle too.

Her first instinct was to call on Haxbat. She could feel him hovering close, out of sight from everyone. She didn't want to start a fight between them though, no matter how good the giant Crobat would be in this battle. She didn't know if she could take them snubbing her again. Her hands curled into themselves at the thought. She hated that feeling.

The Gallade set up a Reflect screen in front of him and waited for the opponents to move. The barrier was good for fending off physical attacks, though it didn't do any good for special ones. While the Drilbur probably specialized in the former, she figured Larvesta was capable of a ton of powerful Fire moves. Maybe Dual should've put up a Light Screen too.

That didn't help solve her dilemma though. She still didn't know who to send. Haji had just battled, and though she could feel that he was fine, she didn't want to tire him out. He wasn't like Dual in terms of battle after battle since the Espeon dealt more mind attacks that sapped on his mental health. She also wouldn't turn this into a contest, even if she could feel her competitive fires heating up. She wouldn't risk her partners for something foolish like that.

Instead, she reached into her pocket for a different Pokéball, one she hadn't used in a while. “Come on out, Ambipom,” she called. “Even if this is probably a dumb idea.”

A flash of light revealed a purple-colored monkey that stood upright. Two normal arms waved around in excitement, and they were followed by his two tails that had much longer reach and were capped with hand-like appendages. A tuft of hair and big ears completed him, and he looked happy to be out and about.

She didn't use her Ambipom much. She didn't have a lot of time lately to work on new techniques since she had been swamped with work, so his still list was a little shorter than the others. Hopefully they could think of just enough to make this work though.

“Hey there, Ambi,” she said, and he returned it with a happy call of his own. “See those two over there?” She pointed, and the jolly monkey turned more serious as he measured the adversaries. “Our goal is to capture the Larvesta while Chainy goes after the Drilbur. I think this could be fun.”

Ambipom jumped up and down in place at the prospect of having a good time, the grin never leaving his face. She couldn't help smiling too.

“That's what I like to see! Now, to start off, let's get your acting on. I want you to dash up closer and make the creepiest face you can. Astonish them and draw their attention to you. Dual put up a Reflect, but Larvesta can be a hard hitter in the special area, and we can buy them some time to get into their groove if we distract them.” Ivy looked back out at the field and decided to add on one more request.

“After that, even though it's risky, can you Taunt them? Wave your arms, make faces, mock them with your calls, do whatever it takes to keep their attention and provoke them into attacking. That'll give Dual an opening if he needs it, and then we can plan our next step once we see how they battle. Remember to have some fun with it!” she reminded him, and he looked pleased enough.

The monkey hopped from foot to foot back and forth as he prepared his combination. While she didn't want Ambipom getting hurt, the opening would help her partner, and Dual could help weaken the Larvesta too. Ambipom wasn't the move master yet, so they'd have to work very carefully with what they had. Once she could study the wild Pokémon's battle habits, she could form a better plan.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

OOC: Genders on these mofos

Ranger Alex

-

They both appeared to be interested by the two Pokémon we had encountered. I was sort of glad because the hunch I had was right and we did get lucky. Chain didn’t waste any time. I could clearly see which Pokémon he wanted, which meant Larvesta was up for grabs by Ivy if she wanted it, if not then perhaps she could help by fending it off. Chain immediately summoned his Gallade, Dual. I heard from Cameron that Dual and Mindbender had some sort of thing. Wasn’t sure how well that went. His choice was had to make because, looking at his roster, all the Pokémon he brought were somewhat weak to Larvesta in some way or another. Since Gallade was his most trusted, I suppose it made those most sense.

"Dual, set up a Reflect and be ready for any tricks!" Chain ordered.

Chain and Dual didn’t wait for Winter to send out her Pokémon. Instead they decided to strengthen up their defenses while they waited. It was a fair choice, given that Drilbur was mainly a physical attacker. His horn began glowing as a small, nearly invisible shield formed in front of him. With that, the battle officially began.

Winter finally made a choice and sent out a Pokémon. This one was a pretty good choice. Espeon, in my opinion would have had a hard time, but Crobat perhaps would have been a better choice. At least Ambipom was fast and had a pretty diverse movepool. The small double-tailed Pokémon readied himself for battle. He waved his tails happily and waited for orders.

“Hey there, Ambi,” Ivy said, “See those two over there? Our goal is to capture the Larvesta while Chainy goes after the Drilbur. I think this could be fun.” Her Ambipom appeared to be excited by all this. “That's what I like to see! Now, to start off, let's get your acting on. I want you to dash up closer and make the creepiest face you can. Astonish them and draw their attention to you. Dual put up a Reflect, but Larvesta can be a hard hitter in the special area, and we can buy them some time to get into their groove if we distract them. After that, even though it's risky, can you Taunt them? Wave your arms, make faces, mock them with your calls, do whatever it takes to keep their attention and provoke them into attacking. That'll give Dual an opening if he needs it, and then we can plan our next step once we see how they battle. Remember to have some fun with it!”

Ambipom darted off towards Larvesta and swung both his arms at the bug. The Larva Pokémon flinched a bit as the attack hit it. I saw a light brown color coming from the wild Drilbur’s direction. It’s claws were enlarging and he began clawing them into the ground, as if sharpening them.

As Larvesta regained its balance, Ambipom waved his arms wildly and made kid faces at Larvesta. I don't know why Pokemon let stuff like that get to them, but Larvesta was quickly angered by it and its body caught on fire. It then charged forward at Ambipom and slammed its body into the double-handed monkey, causing him to gasp for air as the bug nailed him in the stomach. Then the Fire type quickly retreated behind Drilbur. Now the mole had finished his Hone Claws move and raised his claws into the air and he began spinning rapidly. Then he charged himself towards Gallade. I watched and waited to see how this Trainer would react.

Battle Stats: Larvesta -Spd1- [87%] (Used Flame Charge) and Drilbur -Att/Acc1- [100%] (Used Hone Claws, using Aerial Ace )

vs

Ambipom [89%] Used Astonish and Taunt and Dual REF1 [74%] (Used Reflect)

Trainer stats:

Winter MCR: 30.2% Complete o1o583/o35ooo
Chainy MCR: 27.2% Complete o68oo/o25ooo

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
a

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 07-21-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:16 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: Male Drilbur plz. Also Winter said she wanted a female, you inattentive person.

Ivy summoned out an Ambipom, a Normal-type monkey Pokemon with two very prehensile tails that could be used as extra limbs. I was moderately surprised - I didn't know Ivy had one of those. Just Haji and Haxbat. I shuddered a little bit as I remembered the Crobat - the Flying-type would have been perfect for this battle but Ivy still hadn't hadn't chosen to use it. Probably because she didn't want any unnecessary frictions between us. I felt a small warmness and resolved to pay her back somehow. Unless she asked to be paid back, of course. Brownie points didn't work if you asked to spend them.

My partner commanded her Pokemon to Astonish the Larvesta and then Taunt the pair of Wild Pokemon. Ambipom galloped towards the Bug-typed Pokemon using both of his large tails as rear legs. When he got right in front of the pair of Pokemon he reared up high on his tails and made some shocking faces right next to the Larvesta. Shocked, the Bug-type tumbled off the Drilbur's back and onto the ground. Ambipom then started swaying from side to side and grinning at the pair of them while making obscene gestures with its front arms, attempting to Taunt them. The Larvesta wasn't happy with the insulting act of the Normal-type, but the Drilbur didn't seem to have noticed. It was raking its claws on the ground and a light brown glow was emanating from them. It might have been a trick of the eyes, but its claws seemed to be growing larger as the Ground-type sharpened and purified them.

The Larvesta looked angrily at Ambipom. It was definitely under the effect of the Normal-type's Taunt. It made a high-pitched squealing sound and fire rose up from underneath its body, surrounding its carapace. The Bug-type rushed towards Ambipom, faster than I would have believed possible. It jumped at the last second, crashing into Ambipom's stomach and knocking it out of the way before retreating back behind the Drilbur. I was guessing it was a Timid little beast - no Brave or Sassy Pokemon would flee after attacking. The flame retreated with it and stayed writhing around the Larvesta - probably an after-effect of the move or its ability or something.

I used the opportunity to devise my strategy. The best way to capture a Pokemon was to inflict a status condition on it. Dual was great at this - he could inflict any and all of them. Poison by Toxic, Freeze by Ice Punch, Burn by Will-o-Wisp, Paralysis by Thunder Wave, and Sleep by Hypnosis. Unfortunately, being a digging Pokemon, Drilbur would easily be able to fight with his eyes closed, so Hypnosis would be a risky shot. Likewise, since my target was a Ground-type Pokemon, he was impervious to Thunder Wave. Seeing as the Freeze chance of Ice Punch was incredibly low, that left me with just Poison and Burn. Seeing as both sapped the afflicted Pokemon's vitality, I decided to go with Burn - it'd put a huge dent in the Drilbur's attacking power, which was great because Dual's physical defenses were sub-par. I even had a great idea on how to boost the burn chance.

"Dual, that Larvesta is probably carrying Flame Body as an ability. Use Skill Swap to steal the fire for yourself!" I called.

There was an equal chance that the Larvesta was using Swarm, but I didn't have anything to lose. This way a potential hindrance was out of the way and Dual's defensive and offensive powers might receive a welcome boost. Dual held out his left hand towards the Larvesta and closed his eyes as he concentrated on the move. It wasn't an easy one to pull off - he had to know his self, where his powers came from, and then willingly hand them over to his opponent, which went against his instincts as a warrior. He also had to know the inner workings of the Larvesta, which of course he didn't naturally - he'd have to root around in the Bug-type's head and try to find what he needed as quickly as possible.

Of course, the Drilbur chose this time to attack. It raised its claws into the air and began rotating quickly before launching into the air, flying towards Dual. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but it'd cause Dual a bit of pain, and I hated that. Despite this, I knew that he'd never forgive me for not ordering a combo just because it would spare him some momentary discomfort.

"Alright Dual, use the Reflect to ward off that incoming attack, and hit the Drilbur with a point-blank Will-o-Wisp!" I yelled.

The Gallade opened his eyes and saw the incoming drill attack. He raised the makeshift Reflect shield on his right arm up, preparing to take the impact. Fire began swirling around his left hand, although whether it was the Skill Swap or his Will-o-Wisp preparation, I wasn't sure. I didn't even know if the Skill Swap technique had worked - Dual might have had to cancel it to start on the Fire attack. All I could do was hope.

Dual braced his shoulder for the incoming attack, and pulled back his fire-coated arm, preparing to last forward and strike the Drilbur with it as soon as the Ground-type came within range.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 07-21-2011, 07:45 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Yeah, what he said.)

TP#18

Ivy blew a puff of air upward, knocking the hair away from her forehead. She had no idea what to do.

That was her fault though, as she should've been putting equal time into all of her Pokémon. Instead, Haji and Haxbat, the two that went with her most often, got more practice than poor Ambipom. Now they were short moved, limiting what they could do here. They needed to get creative, but she wasn't sure how. At least Ambipom would be willing to do almost anything to please her, being the jolly Pokémon he was. He was more likely to have a good time than seriously injure a wild Pokémon, and he might even make the little Larvesta more friendly if he tried.

Ivy pulled her hood back down as she thought of what to do, brushing her hair out of it so it flowed down her back instead of getting caught in the collar. She could feel the heat on her neck and almost wished she were in the Lakes right now instead. They had a job to do though, so she wasn't going to back out just because of a little discomfort.

The Larvesta had retreated behind the Drilbur after attacking, and Ivy wondered what sort of nature she had. She seemed a little skiddish, but the Ranger was sure that once she was comfortable she'd be fine. Those piercing blue eyes caught hers again as they looked at each other, her pointy flame spines waving with the slight breeze that came over the field.

Chainy looked a little surprised upon seeing Ambipom. She wondered if he forgot she had one. While it was true she didn't use him much, there were still a few times that he was significant. That first run she had with Alaska when they got trapped in the Meteor Valley caves was one of them. Ambi was the one she sent to Chainy to get them help. They could've wandered around forever otherwise. The monkey was also involved in a lot of pranks around the office, like when they stole Buzz's hat in order to get him to do some work.

Chainy was probably too busy thinking on the battle though, like she should be. He told the Gallade to perform a Skill Swap with Larvesta, seeing what ability it had. Swarm wouldn't be too useful for the Psychic, but at least it wouldn't let the Bug power up her moves. Flame Body was more of the worry. If she had that, when Dual went to hit, he could be burned. At least this way he could be protected from that either way. That was, if it worked.

Movement from the Drilbur caught her attention, and in a second, he was racing off toward Dual to try and attack him. Chainy seemed to be on top of what he was doing though. “Alright, Dual, use the Reflect to ward off that incoming attack and hit the Drilbur with a point-blank Will-o-Wisp!” he called.

Her first reaction was wanting to head off the Drilbur. Ambipom did know the Ice Punch technique, and being a Ground-type, that was sure to hurt him a little. If Chainy had a plan though, she didn't want to mess it up by getting in the way. Conflicted, she tried to think rapidly of what she would do. If Dual was working on the Skill Swap, he might not be able to concentrate on both at the same time. Sure, he had a Reflect up, but if she remembered, Drilbur had a move that could shatter screens...

She didn't want Chainy to get mad at her though, so she decided to let the Drilbur be and decided to focus on the Larvesta. If they got in the way, Gallade could hit Ambipom instead too. She didn't want that even more than the first thing.

“Alright, Ambi, let's be tricky. We don't want to get in the way.”

The purple monkey's ears picked up at her words, and she could see the hands on his two tails clench and unclench in anticipation for the next task. He always had fun when they were playing pranks on Buzzer. Hopefully that would come in handy.

“I want you to run around with your Agility. Really pick up some speed.” The monkey nodded at the plan so far. She debated using a sound move to throw the wilds off, but she didn't want to break Dual's concentration too, so she decided against it. Taking a look around the rocky field, she got another idea. “Let's use the sand on the ground. Kick it up and make some dust clouds. We can throw off their aim a little maybe. Got it so far?”

Ambipom nodded and scuffed his feet against the ground, making small indents and itching to get going. She was a little concerned about Drilbur's abilities, since most of them powered it up in the sand, but she felt she had to do something. There was a chance that the dust kicked up would only be focused around Larvesta. If not, they would take their chances. If anything, Dual could maybe lift an ability off of him if it became a problem.

“Okay, run around Larvesta as fast as you can to get it out of sight and away from its partner. Dual shouldn't be hindered by the dirt since he's working on a mental ability. Then I want you to get out of there and hang out on the sidelines. Use your Fling to chuck some of these smaller rocks at Larvesta. We don't want to hurt her too bad. Oh, remember that came we played with the bowling pin, the hula hoop, and the small sand bags?” she asked. Ambipom broke out into a smile and nodded. “Good, do something like that, only Larvesta is the bowling pin. Try to land them that close. You'll have some trouble seeing with the dirt I think, but throw when you feel its right. There's enough of these small rocks that it shouldn't be too much of a problem. You throw enough of them, one of them might hit. We can make a bet of it.”

If possible, Ambipom got more excited and clapped his hands together. He liked games and competitions. She continued, “If you can hit Larvesta with three rocks, we can go out for ice cream on the way home. Your choice and no cherry.” He hated cherry flavor.

Ambipom nodded and called out cheerfully, turning back to the field. His eyes focused on Larvesta, though she saw them flick back to the Drilbur a little too as he was getting closer. That reminded her.

“One last thing, Ambi. Watch that Drilbur once the sand is up. If he's a problem, try to avoid him and get back here. Now go!” she called, anticipating how her semi-plan would work out.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Ranger Alex

-

"Dual, that Larvesta is probably carrying Flame Body as an ability. Use Skill Swap to steal the fire for yourself!" Chain called out to Gallade. The idea itself was pretty smart. I gave him props for it. By taking Flame Body, he would not only protect himself from accidently activating it, but he would get to use it on Drilbur when it attacked. Not sure if I would have thought of this, but I knew I would sure use this in a battle whenever I came into the park as a trainer. I suppose I could learn from him.

Drilbur looked like a spinning top coming towards Dual. "Alright Dual, use the Reflect to ward off that incoming attack, and hit the Drilbur with a point-blank Will-o-Wisp!" He said, a little louder than needed. I looked over towards the Psychic, dual-bladed Pokémon. I could see him beginning to work and using his hands to create a small barrier in front of him. Drilbur slammed right into him and the force field like energy causing a small explosion of dirt and fire. Drilbur began to retreat, but his body suddenly caught fire and the little mole growled in pain. This was one bad ass mofo though, he didn’t fall back to heal up more health, instead he readied himself to continue attacking.

Dual moved closer towards Larvesta, who was focused on the Ambipom. I hadn’t been paying attention to Ivy and Ambipom, I wasn’t even sure what she ordered him to do, but I saw the little monkey running around in circles, getting faster and faster each second. He made a sharp stop behind the Larvesta, near a small pile of rocks. He began chunking the rocks at the Fire Pokémon, it was a super effective attack so it was sure to do some damage. Not only that, but she was using her surroundings pretty well, it was impressive. I looked over at Dual who had already connected with Larvesta and was beginning the swapping process. The process itself didn’t take long; it was the actual linking minds with your opponent that took a while to complete. I saw a quick burst of fire engulf Dual, but only for a split second. It didn’t seem to hurt him, so that meant Skill Swap had to have worked.

I could tell Drilbur was ready to go again. He had his claws raised high in the air and they were spinning rapidly. He moved on top of Larvesta. The Bug Pokémon raised her head and blew together strong winds to form a small twister. Drilbur was sucked up into the twister and he spun around rapidly over and over again. Larvesta was controlling those winds like a master airbender. They sort of gave Drilbur flying abilities, as long as the larva didn’t stop the Twister move. Suddenly, Drilbur was launched at Dual, forcing his claws into the Psychic Pokmeon’s body. He flew so fast into the Gallade that he had to have taken some recoil damage. Gallade winced at the pain, but stood his ground. Drilbur’s body caught fire again, causing him more pain. This battle was definitely interesting. The two could sure work great as a team, Chain and Ivy were going to have to be careful.

Battle Stats: Larvesta, F/Steadfast -Spd1- [59%] (Used Gust) and Drilbur, M - Att/Acc1- BRN [80.2%] (Used Aerial Ace, Drill Run )

vs

Ambipom [89%] Used Agility, Fling and Dual/Flame Body REF1 [57%] (Used Reflect, Skill Swap Reflect)

Trainer stats:

Winter MCR: 47.7% Complete o16711/o35ooo
Chainy MCR: 47.2% Complete o11816/o25ooo

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
a