Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Re: Mt. Deckbi

"Guys, as much as this lovely romantic setting must be getting to you, you are in a battle and for God's sake get a room!" Buzz's voice lashed out through the air. A small spark flared into a fire somewhere inside me, and I was about to start screaming at him. Luckily for me, Ivy got there first. She murmured to me to remind her to get back at him later, but I knew I wasn't going to - I fully intended to let him have a piece of my mind at the earliest convenience, as in about half a minute from now. It wouldn't do to have Ivy fighting my battles for me. She decided to get one shot in, though, and I didn't blame her.

"Shut your face, Buzz," she said as I helped her back up onto her feet, "you're just jealous."

She then nodded her thanks to me and stepped towards the battle a little bit, calling out her orders to Haji. I was grateful that she was going to try and heal Smash's burn - perhaps save me from using a Full Heal. I'd pay her back for it. I remembered with a start that the Rapidash was still charging the Solarbeam - if that hit Smash he would be in some serious trouble. As a Water/Ground type, Grass-typed moves like Solarbeam did severe amounts of damage to even, when when they weren't being used by Grass-typed Pokemon. It was similar to how a well-placed Ice Beam from practically any Pokemon who learned the move could easily drop a Dragonite, despite the lack of the same-type attack bonus.

"Smash, use Protect to ride out the Solarbeam, then hit the Rapidash with a Hydro Pump!" I yelled. "I'm sick and tired of playing around with this stupid horse!"

I had chosen the attacks carefully - they were both moves that Smash learned naturally, so he had a greater degree of proficiency with them, especially Protect. I considered going for a Surf instead of Hydro Pump, but the Rapidash still looked pretty healthy, unlike the Litwick, whose droopy head-wax was drooping further than normal, and the blue flame was much smaller than it had been originally. I saw Ivy pull out a Parkball and shrugged - I didn't want to hold up the expedition, especially since this was technically Ivy's run, so I pulled out a Super Ball, preparing to throw it after Smash's Hydro Pump attack.

That hadn't happened yet, though. Haji was running towards Smash, trying to get within Heal Bell range - I hoped the Psychic type would get there before the Protect activated, otherwise the healing attempt would be all for naught. I saw Smash curl up slightly and a glowing silver sheen begin to cover him as the Rapidash brayed and a painfully bright green lance blasted from it towards the Swampert. The lance started out thin, emanating from a green orb resting on the tip of the Rapidash's horn, but it widened as it flew, getting to be the approximate girth of a telephone booth. I'd be extremely angry with the Rapidash if it accidentally hit Haji instead of or as well as Smash - the cat was trying to do me a favour, and if it got hurt while doing so I wasn't quite sure what I'd do. I knew it wouldn't be good, though.

The angry thoughts reminded me of my unfinished business with Buzz. I took a step backwards, and turned to talk to him. He was about as tall as me, but I didn't care. I threw a quick look at River - I had an enormous amount of respect for her, and I hoped she wouldn't take offense at what I was about to say. The way she was looking at Buzz hinted to me that she'd been telling him off too, but that didn't say anything - the few snatches of conversation between the two that I intercepted was usually River nagging or scolding Buzz in some way. I mean, Buzz never took notice of it, but still. I didn't want to have any problems with River, though - she was a powerful Pokemon, and rumoured to be the best-educated Xatu for thousands of miles. In addition, she had a nasty streak - I would never forget the closet incident with Leo and Ivy.

"Buzz," I growled, "I knew you could be a bit of an ******* sometimes, but I never knew you were so damn inconsiderate. Don't you remember what the initial attachment was like? I spent damn close to three weeks barely functioning."

I shuddered as I remembered the period in which I was still getting used to Dual - memories, thoughts and opinions flooded through me, and not all of mine. Hell, not even most of them had been mine. There had been stuff from me, from Dual, from Jathan, and even some extras from random people Dual had investigated quickly using his telepathic powers. The worst time had been when he had been injured in battle, and he had to heal himself with Dream Eater. I'd felt him take the living life force of the sleeping Rhydon and use it to bolster his own health. Every single one of the Rhydon's hopes and fears had passed through me - being killed, being captured, being driven from his home - each scenario had been shown to me and adapted in such a way that I could relate to. It was the worst I had ever felt. The only reason I had got through was because one of my oldest friends helped me through the final stages.

I knew what Ivy was going through - at least, I was pretty sure I did. Seeing as Dual wasn't originally my Pokemon, maybe even because of that, our mental joining had been painful. It appeared Ivy was now going through something similar, and I'd be damned if I wasn't going to repay my debt to my friend by helping her through hers. I wasn't really sure exactly what was going on inside her head, but I knew she had commanded a Future Sight - whenever Dual performed one of them, I made sure to close my mind off. Once I had been taken along for a ride by the move - it took you on a jaunt through time, looking at both your past and your future. I'd been taken into the future and watched myself working over some sweet young thing, which was enjoyable (and had since happened), but then I'd been dragged back to re-watch Jathan's conception, which was infinitely less enjoyable. My guess was that Ivy hadn't yet perfected the many tricks of the telepathic trade and had gone on a Future Sight bender, so to speak.

"Also, I'd much appreciate it if you keep the smartass comments to yourself," I continued talking to Buzz, pulling myself sharply out of my thoughts. "Whether or not I have designs on Ivy is none of your business, and I can promise you that even if I did have them, which I don't, I wouldn't intend to act on them out here in the middle of a freaking expedition. It's quite sad, really - one of your comrades is in trouble and pain and you choose to stand there and snark as opposed to help her. I thought you were a better person than that."

I turned away from Buzz and looked back to the battle - I had calmed down now, thanks to the venting, but at what cost? Had I missed my chance to throw my Super Ball? And was Buzz about to smack me upside the head? In a small corner of my mind, I semi wished he would - I could do with a good punch-up right now, even though I knew it wouldn't end well for me. I pressed the button and the ball expanded, ready to perform its intended purpose. Hopefully the Rapidash wouldn't have enough strength remaining to resist the capture.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Last edited by ChainReaction01; 04-12-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Buzzer Offline

OOC: There is an adjective in this that I may or may not have written :X A person whose name begins with K wanted to say it.

NBP:
"Shut your face, Buzz," she said as I helped her back up onto her feet, "you're just jealous."

"Yeah; whatever, Ivy," Buzz shouted back, "in your dreams maybe!"

“Haji, that Rapidash is going to do some damage if we don't help. Be careful, but try to get close to Smash and use your Heal Bell technique. Get rid of that burn.” She pulled out a Parkball from one of her vest pockets, rotating it slowly in her hand. “After that, if you can, try to hold Litwick still with your Psychic. I'm going to try to catch her now. It might not be necessary, but if she's moving around I'm not sure I can throw right. Putting a little pressure on her might weaken her a little more too.”

"Smash, use Protect to ride out the Solarbeam, then hit the Rapidash with a Hydro Pump!" Chainy yelled. "I'm sick and tired of playing around with this stupid horse!"

Buzz watched as the feline like Espeon sped towards the large mudfish Pokémon. Buzz couldn't hear the bell of Heal Bell. Typical, she hasn't even taught Haji how to make the bell louder. Silly, Ivy, Buzz thought.

"Oh yeah, 'cause you had so much to do with making your Jolteon's Heal Bell louder."

As the fluffy feline approached the Swampert a large green aura of energy encompassed the two of them. Fortunately, Espeon had managed to get within the Protect radius just in time.

A blinding light erupted from the Rapidash as it was fired towards the two ranger's Pokémon. An array of colours erupted from the collision with the Protect shield.

Chainy turned to Buzz, whilst his Pokémon was mid battle. "Buzz," he growled, "I knew you could be a bit of an ******* sometimes, but I never knew you were so damn inconsiderate. Don't you remember what the initial attachment was like? I spent damn close to three weeks barely functioning."

Buzz was slightly taken a back by the sudden flip in Chainy's usually calm personality, he knew sometimes he got a little annoyed with all the mocking but Chainy usually took it on the chin.

"Also, I'd much appreciate it if you keep the smartass comments to yourself," He continued. "Whether or not I have designs on Ivy is none of your business, and I can promise you that even if I did have them, which I don't, I wouldn't intend to act on them out here in the middle of a freaking expedition. It's quite sad, really - one of your comrades is in trouble and pain and you choose to stand there and snark as opposed to help her. I thought you were a better person than that."

As often the case with Buzz, he was struggling to keep the laughter contained. For some reason this was usually the reaction to such a confrontation. Unfortunatly for him, it commonly ended with the other person throwing a punch. (Not that they generally managed to hit, and usually suffered for it.)

"Wow, that was some rant," Buzz said, as the laughter broke out of him. "I have three points to make though. Firstly, dude - chill the **** out. It was just a joke. Secondly, she's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle it. Just because you had to see me with your mom when you made the connection, doesn't mean you need to fly off the handle. I mean its not like the connection is that bad, mine and River's was easy. I guess you just aren't that good of a trainer."

Buzz then leant closer to Chainy and whispered the last comment, so Ivy couldn't hear. "Finally, me thinks you doth protest too much." Buzz quickly jumped back, just in case of the retaliatory punch. He knew he could handle Chainy, didn't mean he wanted it to come to that. They were all friends after all.

Buzz spotted Ivy throwing her park Ball and it hit the small candle like Pokémon and the ball shuddered to a halt. Smash meanwhile had begun releasing a huge torrent of water towards the Rapidash.

As the giant swirling water blast washed over the valiant looking horse, it crumbled to the floor in agony. Chainy took this opportunity while catching his breath from the rant to throw his Super Ball. It struck the Pokémon and the wild Rapidash settled.

River sensing the tension in the air telekinetically lifted the two Poké Balls into Buzz's bag and began to hover forward hoping everyone would follow.

"Oh, Chainy as for that last remark, grow some balls ok," Buzz muttered with a smirk.

------------------------------
Battle Stats:

vs

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Encountered by Winter: Litwick
Pokemon Encountered by Chainy: Rapidash

Encounters Remaining: 14
Pokemon Caught by Winter: Brave/F/Litwick
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash
Chainy MCR:
Winter MCR:

Name: James “Chainy” Carter (aka my Ranger)
Total Items: 3x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

Pokemon Stats (List your Pokemon Stats)

Pokemon: Gallade
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[GHOST], TM60-Sunny Day, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM88-Brick Break, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look

Pokemon: Swampert - 70%
Nickname: Smash
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM03-Surf, HM04-Strength, HM07-Waterfall, HM08-Rock Smash, HM09-Dive, HM11-Rock Climb, TM13-Ice Beam, TM126-Stone Edge; TM129-Stealth Rock, Curse, Superpower, Yawn

Pokemon: Breloom
Nickname: Joey
Ability: Technician
Nature: Careful
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM03-Swords Dance, TM06-Toxic, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM94-Bullet Seed, TM69-Iron Tail, TM114-Fling, TM147-Low Sweep, Thunderpunch, Synthesis

-----------------------

Name: Ivy Frost (Going as my Ranger)
Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Darumaka), Poképlayer, Park Voucher (3.5k Value Left), Max Revive x2

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat
Ability: Inner Focus
TM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Steel
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird

Ambipom
TM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunderwave, Taunt, U-turn
BM/SM/MT: None

Espeon - Haji - 62%
Nature: Calm
Ability: Synchronize
TM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell

Last edited by Buzzer; 04-17-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:27 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

As I turned to consider what to do, I heard a strange strangled noise. I ignored it, but it happened again. I turned around, and I realised the noises were laughs, ones that Buzz was barely containing. Finally, he couldn't contain them any more, and they shot out like machine gun fire.

"Wow, that was some rant," Buzz said to me, gasping for air. "I have three points to make though. Firstly, dude - chill the **** out. It was just a joke. Secondly, she's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle it. Just because you had to see me with your mom when you made the connection, doesn't mean you need to fly off the handle."

That remark hit deep, especially cos I had in fact seen my mother engaged in the act with my father during the connection, but I decided not to respond, because there was no way he could have known that. I was pretty confident even Dual did not know. The only was was if River had pulled it out of my mind. I flicked her a quick look - she was sitting impassively on Buzz's shoulder. Nah, I was pretty confident she wouldn't do that. She was his voice of reason, or as close as possible to it, not a partner in his ******ry.

"I mean its not like the connection is that bad, mine and River's was easy. I guess you just aren't that good of a trainer."

My fist clenched, and I wanted to hit Buzz. I really did. But Dual's thought pattern broke into my mind.

<Don't rise to his bait, that's just what he wants,> the Gallade observed. <Besides, Trainer skill has nothing to do with connection difficulty. You know this. It's all about compatibility, dumb luck, and also power. The more power connecting you to your partner, the harder the connection is. If their connection wasn't hard, either their personalities are perfectly in sync or River didn't give Buzz much power.>

I unclenched my fist slowly, still wanting to hit him but realising that it was a bad idea. I watched as Smash's water attack blasted towards the Rapidash, knocking it over. It brayed in pain as it tumbled over, a pile of legs, and it wasn't able to get up. I threw my Super Ball just as Ivy threw her Park Ball.

"Finally, me thinks you doth protest too much," a voice whispered into my ear. I turned around to grab Buzz by his shirt, but he had already stepped smartly out of range. I threw him an evil look, and considered throwing a punch, but I wasn't sure I could take him. Not here in the sun, anyway. Besides, Ivy probably wouldn't be impressed.

<Just stick a Donphan crap in his desk or something,> Dual sighed. <That's usually what happens.>

I shot him a look of irritance, but decided to let it all go. I couldn't be bothered fighting Buzz on this any more. Ivy had needed my help, and I had given it to her. That was all that mattered. If Buzz was gunna stand there and be a tool, that was his choice, not mine.

Both the balls absorbed their respective Pokemon and made the familiar chiming sound as the capture mechanisms locked down the spheres, completing the capture. River took from from Buzz's shoulder as the two spheres floated into the air and towards Buzz, coated in a barely visible pink aura. Buzz reached out and took the balls, placing them into his bag. Usually a capture made me happy, but I was too irritated at that moment to feel any victory, and the Rapidash hadn't been what I had come here for. I had a funny feeling it wouldn't be leaving with me.

I began to walk forward, following Buzz. Apparently, he couldn't resist getting one last crack in. He turned and threw me a smirk.

"Oh Chainy, as for that last remark, grow some balls okay," he said insultingly to me.

"I prefer to stay the way I am, thanks," I replied somewhat loftily, walking past him. "Besides, if I was to grow some, it wouldn't be five minutes before you'd somehow get them into your mouth, you hungry little man."

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#6

She watched the ball come into contact with the candle, and she held her breath for a moment while she watched it rock. She heard the mechanical click as the device locked, and she exhaled a little in relief. Looking over, she saw that the Superball Chainy had thrown had effectively caught the Rapidash too.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Chainy whirl towards the other Ranger. Ivy thought that he must've been stressed or something lately. He had risen to Buzz's jibes pretty fast. Usually he kept a cooler head. She missed exactly what was said though, as Haji's voice filled her mind. The link between them was still pretty open, and the sound was loud. She flinched for a second and couldn't focus on anything else.

“Are you alright?” he asked again as he approached, stopping in front of her. She stooped down to his level, smiling a little at his concern.

There were still swirling feelings knocking themselves around in her head, though they were less intense now. They weren't so bad, and she didn't want to let on too much that they were affecting her. She didn't want Haji to cut the bond between them. From what she understood, the initial connections sometimes took a while to settle. She'd rather they just work through it than put it off. It had taken them a long time to start up the bond in the first place.

“I should be, I think. That was...” she trailed off, not really knowing how to describe it in words.

“I apologize that I could not block it out better. There was...much.” Haji accented his words by rubbing against the side of her leg in a comforting gesture. She smiled again and patted the top of his head.

“I'm glad you didn't.” And she was really. She wanted to be close to her partners, and this was just one step of that.

“Sometimes,” he continued, “the bond is easy, like River and Buzz. Other times it takes weeks to get used to, like Chainy and Dual. Buzz is very simple, according to River, so theirs did not take so long. We may be more complex than others. Perhaps a Dark type would help for now, someone to filter until you learn how to.”

She nodded, thinking it was a pretty good idea. She felt a little bad for not taking this whole thing better really. She was supposed to be tough, and some of those things she felt made her want to curl up into a ball in the corner.

“You did just fine.”

She smiled a little at Haji hearing her wandering thoughts, forgetting that they were still closely tied. She felt the bond dull a little, and she figured that was probably a good idea too. They still had a job to do out on the run, and she couldn't be distracted too much the whole time. She couldn't ignore her teammates either.

She looked over to the two fools, still in their debate. Chainy kept looking, flicking his head between her and Buzz with a strange expression on his face. She wondered what that was about, so she asked Haji to check into it. She waited a few moments for the Espeon to answer.

“Dual has asked me not to divulge the information.”

“Oh, darn,” she said out loud. “Thanks anyway. I guess if I really need to know, I can get the answer from someone later.” She smiled a little as she stood back up carefully. The sun was still shining brightly, she had caught another member for her team, and there were no emergencies yet. Today could turn out alright yet. “While we're waiting for those eggheads, you should use your Morning Sun technique to take in some of this light energy and heal off some of the damage you took.”

Haji nodded, preparing to draw in the sun as they waited.

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 04-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Buzzer Offline

OOC: Lame post is lame. I just couldn't think of an interesting way to do it. :(

NBP

"I prefer to stay the way I am, thanks," Chainy replied somewhat loftily, walking past him. "Besides, if I was to grow some, it wouldn't be five minutes before you'd somehow get them into your mouth, you hungry little man."

Buzz burst into laughter at this comment. "You really shouldn't announce your fantasies like that ... just sayin'." Buzz carried on walking up the rocky path. A thin haze of dust was in the air, the particles glimmered as the afternoon sun hovered above the red mountain. "Seriously why does everything seem to happen at Mount. Deckbi. Practically every new run is at Mount Deckbi."

Buzz pulled out a bottle of water from his back pack. Taking a big swig of the water he looked around. "I wonder whether we will actually see any of these Poachers today. What you two reckon we should if we do?" As is eyes looked around he spotted Haji was glowing, light appeared to be fusing with his body. Buzz assumed Ivy had instructed him to uses Morning Sun.

Buzz looked to his friends, it was odd he would probably be having some innane discussion with the trainer at this point in their run. About what they want to catch and why, but this was different, they had a purpose to be out here. The chance for Ivy and Chainy to catch Pokémon was just so the Boss wouldn't have to pay them for coming out here as rangers.

Buzz lead the trio, with River Tam flying just beside him, the rocks beneath their feet began to steadily increase the mountain. The volcano had not been active for some time, but Buzz secretely hoped it would go off. He felt like it would add a bit of danger and more exitement to the runs at Mount Deckbi if they had to run away from fast flowing lava.

Buzz spotted two Pokémon off the path, one appeared to be a small red tortoise like Pokemon with a plume of smoke erupting from its nostril. The other Pokémon's face was covered by a skull like mask, in its hand was a long, hard bone.

The Torkoal and Cubone appeared to just be relaxing in the shade of a large rock.

"Well want to try battling either of these?"

Battle Stats:
?/?/Torkoal - 100%
?/?/Cubone - 100%
vs

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Encountered by Winter: Litwick, Cubone
Pokemon Encountered by Chainy: Rapidash, Torkoal

Encounters Remaining: 13

Winter MCR: 3556/9000
Chainy MCR: 3828/9000

Total Items: 3x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[GHOST], TM60-Sunny Day, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM88-Brick Break, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM03-Surf, HM04-Strength, HM07-Waterfall, HM08-Rock Smash, HM09-Dive, HM11-Rock Climb, TM13-Ice Beam, TM126-Stone Edge; TM129-Stealth Rock, Curse, Superpower, Yawn

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM03-Swords Dance, TM06-Toxic, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM94-Bullet Seed, TM69-Iron Tail, TM114-Fling, TM147-Low Sweep, Thunderpunch, Synthesis

-----------------------

Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Darumaka), Poképlayer, Park Voucher (3.5k Value Left), Max Revive x2

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
TM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind

Last edited by Buzzer; 04-23-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:45 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

"You really shouldn't announce your fantasies like that ... just sayin'," Buzz laughed as he continued to lead us up the mountain.

<Have you ever noticed that Buzz projects a lot?> Dual asked me innocently. I immediately started choking on some laughter - Dual almost never joked around, which made this that much more hilarious. To cap it all off, Dual sent me packets containing cackles of laughter from River and a dignified chuckle from Haji.

Buzz apparently decided to ignore this, instead grumbling, "seriously, why does everything seem to happen at Mt Deckbi? Practically every new run is at Mount Deckbi."

"I don't know what you're ******** about," I commented, "I've just finished a run in the Power Plant and have two more lined up this week, one for the Woods and another for the Plant. Maybe you just have s****y luck."

"I wonder whether we will actually see any of these Poachers today. What you two reckon we should if we do?" Buzz asked, changing the subject.

My hand automatically inched towards my hip, where my handgun usually rested, but I remembered I'd left it back at headquarters. I frowned slightly, but then remembered that I was barely able to get away with it anyway. It'd probably be confiscated if I shot someone with it while on an expedition as a Trainer, and I'd spent far too much time and money customising it to let that happen. Besides, I guess I didn't really need it - Dual, Smash and Joey would have my back.

"Well, I guess I'd have to give them the usual cease and desist spiel," I replied, "but assuming they don't I guess we'd have to kick their asses."

I would have gone on, but Buzz interrupted me. "Well want to try battling either of these?" he asked.

I looked around, not seeing the Pokemon he was talking about until I looker closer under the shade of a large-ish rock. Two Pokemon were resting there, ones that I both recognised. One was a small reptile wearing a skull for a helmet, and lightly tapping a large bone against its thigh as it laid on the ground, apparently enjoying the shade provided by the rock. The other Pokemon was tortoise-like, and curled up in the shade as well. My eyes widened as I started to grin as I recognised it - it was a Torkoal, an incredibly rare Pokemon. They weren't seen often, here or on the mainland, and what kind of Pokemon is better for a breeder than a rare one?

"I'd like to try for that Torkoal," I said to Ivy. "Would you mind if I do so?"

I didn't wait for her answer, though - I knew I didn't have to. She'd have my back, like I had hers. I pulled out Smash's Poke Ball again - I wanted to save Dual for later, and Joey's Grass typing wouldn't do him any favours against the Fire-typed Torkoal. I threw the Poke Ball into the air and it released my Swampert in a flash of white light. He called a greeting to me, happy to be summoned once again. The Cubone and Torkoal both looked up, and seemed a bit surprised that someone was going to battle them. I imagine they had both been passed over in the past - neither of them were particularly good professionally.

"Alright Smash, nail both both with an Earthquake!" I called out, and Smash roared. He raised himself up into the air on his hind legs, and then crashed his forearms into the ground, sending shockwaves flying and fissures zigzagging towards the two Wild Pokemon. Small chips of stone and dirt shot into the air, and I flung my arm up in front of my face to protect myself.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#7

The Ranger group moved on, and the three of them speculated on what they would do if they actually found the poachers there had been sightings of. Ivy wasn't really sure herself. They weren't actual police, so she wasn't sure if they could technically arrest them for real. They could, however, restrain them until the proper authorities got there to take them away. It was dumb, since Rangers were the law out here in the Park, yet they were still spoke down to like they didn't know how to do their jobs.

In the middle of her thinking, Buzz interrupted by pointing out two small Pokémon resting under the shade of a large rock. One was a small rocky turtle in a red and dark brown color, a rare Pokémon known as Torkoal. The other was a lonely-looking reptile with a white skull helmet over its head: a Cubone.

“I'd like to try for that Torkoal,” Chainy said as he turned to her. “Would you mind if I do so?”

She shook her head, but he was already gearing up for battling, reaching for Smash's Pokéball and sending him out to fight again. She figured she could keep the Cubone busy for a little bit until Chainy managed to catch the Pokémon he wanted. He had been willing to fight the Rapidash while she had been pursuing a capture, so she could do the same. She didn't have an intention of catching her opponent though.

She was about to call on Haji again, since he had taken interest in the two wild Pokémon, but then Chainy called out. “Alright, Smash, nail them both with an Earthquake!” Smash roared and started his attack.

Left with little choice, Ivy reached for Haxbat's Pokéball, throwing it onto the field to release the Crobat in a beam of red light. The bat looked happy as he stretched his wings, doing several loops in the air before coming back down to hover in the field, awaiting commands. She had been hesitant to use him, seeing as how Chainy didn't like him. However, the bat was the only one able to avoid the incoming attack, and she wasn't willing to damage her partners after just getting out of a fight.

The Swampert raised up and crashed his arms into the ground, sending the dirt shaking and fissures cracking through the earth. Debris flew up, and Haji deflected it from them with his mind energy. The shockwaves raced toward the two wild Pokémon, and once Ivy regained her balance, she called out to the Crobat.

“Alright, Haxbat, careful here. Make sure to say airborne until we know what they're doing. We just need to support Chainy right now, so don't worry too much about attacking. Let's just be...annoying.” She grinned, despite her worries about how Chainy would take Haxbat being on the field. “Let out a Screech toward those two wild ones, and if you're feeling daring, combine it with a Supersonic right after. The Earthquake should jostle them a bit, and maybe they'll be too distracted to dodge.”

If Haxbat could get his sound into Cubone's skull hat, there was a chance of it echoing inside and confusing him even further. That would at least distract the Ground type a little to give Chainy a shot at the turtle. With any luck, it would distract the Torkoal too. The Earthquake was rushing fast, and if Haxbat timed it right, they could make a chain reaction of attacks.

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 04-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Buzzer Offline

OOC: Taking a page out of Ataro's book on this one. ((even though I did it last time on Winter's individual run))

BP:
Buzz sighed as the two looked to be gearing up for the fight, he just couldn't be bothered paying attention. He set up a nice seat in the shade of large rock and simply closed his eyes. River, let me know if the poachers show up. 'kay? Buzz communicated with his bird Pokémon.

-----------

"Ugh; how typical. Lazy bastard!" River said telepathically to her two trainer's. "What d'you say? Leave him there?"

“Alright, Smash, nail them both with an Earthquake!” Chainy yelled. River landed on Ivy's shoulder after she had released her Crobat.

"Is that really such a good idea, I mean, he is a bit of a girl about that thing. Just sayin'" River said to Ivy.

“Alright, Haxbat, careful here. Make sure to say airborne until we know what they're doing. We just need to support Chainy right now, so don't worry too much about attacking. Let's just be...annoying.” She grinned, “let out a Screech toward those two wild ones, and if you're feeling daring, combine it with a Supersonic right after. The Earthquake should jostle them a bit, and maybe they'll be too distracted to dodge.”

River created a small protect shield around her ears, just to dull the noise somewhat, it wouldn't be good to get all confused and start smacking herself.

The cracks in the ground were fast approaching the two wild Pokémon, the tortoise-like Torkoal's body shimmered a metalic silver the cracks approached. Iron Defense, it was clear it wasn't afraid of taking a hit.

The Cubone on the other hand had thrown it's Bone up into the air spinning like a boomerang. It was heading directly for the flying Haxbat just as it let of a horrible Screech. The cubone seemed to have timed the Bonemerang perfectly since it had to jump high in the air just to catch it.

The spinning bone colided with the flying Pokémon hard. It was one of the few ground type moves actually able to hit Flying types. Unfortunatly for Ivy, Crobat being part poison type meant that the attack would have hurt.

The fissures and cracks in the ground hit the Torkoal hard, who received the full Earthquake, while the Cubone only seemed to get hit by the after shocks. Having carefully timed its attack.

Haxbat's Screech and Supersonic combination had hit the pair moments after the earthquake at finished. River couldn't tell whether the confusion had worked on Cubone but the Torkoal was definately looking almost drunk. It staggered from left to right as it looked to attack. It stumbled throwing its head at the Swampert in a makeshift Headbutt.

It didn't look to have done much damage to River, but she was interested to know what they would do. She looked back at Buzz and spotted his ranger pack lying beside his sleeping form. Telekinectically lifting it, "Hey, Ivy, care to look after this so we can continue with out him. I mean, I would but I have to use my wings to fly and it's effort carrying it telekinetically.

OOC: Gender pl0x

Battle Stats:
?/?/Torkoal - 73% [DEF+2][CON] => Iron Defense / Headbutt
?/?/Cubone - 86% [DEF-2][CON] => Bonemerang
vs
Jolly/M/Swampert - 66% => Earthquake
Careful/M/Crobat - 87% =? Screech / Supersonic

Trainer stats:

Winter MCR: 6780/9000
Chainy MCR: 7270/9000

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell[/QUOTE]
Old 04-28-2011, 03:27 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: Male Torkoal please. Also shouldn't Screech negate the Iron Defense on Torkoal?

The chips of stone eventually stopped flinging themselves at my arm, and so I lowered it to take a look at what was going on. The fissures were winding steadily towards the two Pokemon. The Torkoal raised its head into the air, and a silver sheen began covering the tortoise Pokemon. I recognised it as Iron Defense - the next best thing to Protect when being threatened by an Earthquake, and you got to keep the defensive bonuses afterwards. It was a fairly common defensive move - one that was frequently employed by Meta, my Metagross. He hadn't been brought on this expedition for the simple reason that almost every single Pokemon found here on Mount Deckbi could easily perform super effective attacks on him.

I noticed that the Cubone was drawing its arm backwards, and it snapped forward quickly, sending the bone spinning. Strangely, it wasn't towards Smash. I felt a little stupid as I realised that Ivy would have sent something out too, so I turned my head to see her choice.

I immediately went cold all over. She had released her Crobat, Haxbat. The logical centre of my mind approved of her choice - it was her only Pokemon who wouldn't have taken damage from Smash's Earthquake attack - but it was a small part of my mind. Most of the rest of it was shrieking in fear. I subconsciously took a step away from Ivy and her Crobat, and my mental link with Dual informed me that he was doing the same. He wasn't a huge fan of any Flying types, and the blistering fast Crobat was no exception. Its typing gave it an incredibly effective resistance against Fighting typed moves, and its movepool featured attacks like Confuse Ray and Hypnosis, both of which usually brough Dual to his knees.

I knew I couldn't freeze up, though. The Crobat was my ally, so I had nothing to fear. Furthermore, I wouldn't be doing Smash any favours by going to pieces. It took all my willpower, but I shoved the fear into the back of my mind and concentrated on the battle. I could feel Dual's approval flow through our link, and that helped too.

Just before the bone struck Haxbat, Haxbat began to Screech loudly in an attempt to lower the defenses of our opponents. I wasn't worried about Smash - being an aquatic Pokemon, he was well protected against sounds, and Screech was highly directional anyway. Furthermore, it didn't last long; perhaps ten seconds before the bone smashed into the hovering bat, stopping the noise. The bone curved backwards, returning to the Cubone, and it jumped into the air to catch it. Unfortunately for me, this coincided with the time the Earthquake reached it - it jumped clear over the shockwave and caught the bone before landing again, only having to take damage from the aftershocks and shards of stone. At least the Torkoal was thrown forwards by the bucking ground, but its Iron Defense protected it from a lot of damage.

Haxbat swooped over Smash and began screeching again, but this screech was different. It was ululating and varied in volume - it was a move that tried to irritate and confuse the enemy as much as possible. The two Wild Pokemon began to stagger around, but the Torkoal seemed to be in at least marginal control of itself - it staggered forwards and rammed its hardened head into Smash's side. He winced a bit, but it didn't look like he had taken too much damage.

I decided to take a quick look around. River was sitting on Ivy's shoulder, who was slinging Buzz's Ranger pack onto her back. The Ranger himself was dozing in the shade of a rock back a ways. I would have offered to take the backpack from Ivy, but she was a strong woman and I wasn't sure she would have appreciated it. Furthermore, River had probably chosen her to do it, and I didn't want to piss off the Psychic bird.

I didn't want this battle to last too long - after all, this was Ivy's run, and she didn't even want to catch the Cubone. I had to end it fast, and I knew how to.

"Smash, throw a Yawn Torkoal's way, and then nail it with a Muddy Water attack!" I called. "Try to hit the Cubone too if you can, but focus on the Torkoal!"

Smash lowed, a deep sound that reminded me of a Miltank call. He then looked at the Torkoal, who was right in front of him, and opened his mouth wide. Wider than I would have thought possible. He shuffled backwards a few steps, still keeping the fake yawn in place, and I suddenly realized why. He was going to launch the Muddy Water attack the very second the Torkoal showed any signs of being sleepy!

Muddy Water was commonly seen as Swampert's signature move. It was a powerful attack, similar to Surf, except instead of riding the wave it was launched out of the Swampert's mouth, and it was brown and dirty instead of crystal clear. The murkiness of the water made it harder for Smash to aim, but he was used to using this attack, and sometimes the target's vision was degraded by all the mud present in the attack. Hopefully he'd take off a good chunk of the Torkoal's health, considering the attack wasn't physical, and he might even be able to jostle the Cubone around a bit as well.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 05-02-2011, 02:39 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#8

Ivy winced as she watched Cubone snap his arm back and launch the flying bone at Haxbat. Just because he could fly didn't mean he could avoid all ground attacks, and this was one of them. Haxbat winced and dropped in the air a bit before letting off his Supersonic attack. She wasn't sure if the Cubone was really affected, but the Torkoal was stumbling a bit, and that was good enough for her.

Buzz decided to slack off a bit, and Ivy watched him settle down into a shady spot and appear to nap. She just shook her head as River came over to join her and Haji, perching on her shoulder and huffing. “Ugh, how typical. Lazy bastard! What d'you say, leave him there?”

Ivy just laughed. “Well, you're the boss.” River then commented on Chainy's dislike of Haxbat, and the smile faded a little. She saw both he and Dual move farther away from them, and she tried not to let it show. “Chainy will be fine,” Ivy replied, even though she wasn't sure if she believed it. She understood Dual's dislike of Flying types, being one of his weaknesses, but Chainy she didn't really get. It was a little sad; they had come a long way on this trip already she thought, when he helped her out. It was a shame they were probably going to be set back because of this.

Still, it wasn't Haxbat's fault, and she wasn't going to punish him. She would accept those consequences.

“Hey, Ivy, care to look after this so we can continue without him?” River asked, motioning towards her lazy Trainer. Ivy looked to see Buzz's bag floating towards them, and with a nod, she slung it over her other shoulder. Then she looked back to the battle.

Chainy called for his Swampert to try putting the Torkoal asleep while attacking it with Muddy Water. They would have to watch out for that.

“Great job, Haxbat!” she called, not going to be a downer. “We have to be careful now; I don't want you hit by too many attacks.” She looked around the field for a moment, trying to see what she could use. A little wind kicked up, blowing a mini cloud across the field and moving a few rocks. Then she had an idea. “Okay, Haxbat, let's kick up some dust before Smash waters the field down. Use your wings to put a cloudy wall between the Cubone and the others. Let's isolate him and keep him busy!”

The Crobat nodded, circling through the air several times before sweeping down closer to the ground. He didn't land though, and she was glad because she wanted to keep him away from any of those kinds of attacks. He began to flap all of his winds rapidly, starting to unsettle the ground.

“Nice work! After you've done that, get in close to the Cubone quick and try to knock it over with a Wing Attack. If you get in close, he might not have time to throw that bone again. Then, get out of there! We need to clear the road for Chainy. Land somewhere over there,” she motioned to a higher cluster of rocks opposite her, on the field closer to Chainy. “You can Roost there until we figure out what's next.”

Hopefully, since he was fast, he'd be able to attack and disappear before the Cubone could really do anything. She hoped it distracted him enough for Chainy to attack anyway, and if Haxbat stayed back, they could avoid some damage.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Buzzer Offline

OOC: sorry i'm lazy/ also @ Chainy - no lrn2ref :P

BP:

River fluttered around, not particularly interested in the battle but keeping an on it none the less. Both trainers began calling out their attacks for their Pokémon. Chainy seemed to want to capture the Torkoal and wanted the Smash to put it to sleep.

With an opening of its mouth, Smash released a yawn, it formed into a bubble which bobbed its way over to the Torkoal. Torkoal waited and copied the Swamperts manoevre exactly, releasing a similar bubble and the two passed in mid air. Popping instantaneously on each target. Both Smash and the wild Torkoal began to look drowsy.

River watched as the Crobat also began its Trainer's request. The large wings of the Crobat began flapping, dust and small rocks soon began to be swept up forming a wall around the Cubone. The Cubone faltered briefly seeing he was cut off from the others.

It looked like the Cubone had regained its composure moments later and a gust of wind was heard, followed suddenly by a fierce chill. The dust cloud was blown back immediately by an onslaught of snow and hail, just as Haxbat had swooped in to follow the next step of the command with Wing Attack.

River quickly threw up a protect around herself as the blizzard grew worse. Haxbat fell to the floor crashing awkwardly. Unfortunatly for Ivy, Crobat's were part flying type and thus susceptible to Ice type damage.

The snow began to settle as the attack ended, the natural heat from the magma chamber deep beneath the surface soon melted the snow and small puddles of water formed on the ground.

Haxbat recovered and swept back in for the Wing Attack. Cubone didn't have enough time to react and tumbled backwards. The strong Blizzard attack had taken a lot of effort to form, the Cubone appeared to be tiring.

Just as Haxbat had flown in for its Wing Attack, Smash had released his Muddy Water attack, a wave of murky water was unleashed upon the wild Pokémon. The targetted Pokémon, both susceptile to Water attacks looked to be hit hard by the attack.

"You may want to try catching them now, The Cubone is looking terrified and wants to run away and it looks as though the Torkoal is beginning to think the same thing," said River to the two trainers.

Battle Stats:
?/?/Torkoal - 35% [DEF+2][DRWSY][ACC-1] => Yawn
?/?/Cubone - 24% [DEF-2][CON] => Blizzard
vs
Jolly/M/Swampert - 66% [DRWSY] => Yawn / Muddy Water
Careful/M/Crobat - 57% =? Wing Attack

Trainer stats:

Winter MCR: 9981/9000
Chainy MCR: 12330/9000

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
Old 05-09-2011, 12:26 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

The Torkoal's Yawn had started to put Smash to sleep. I didn't want that - overusing Haji's Heal Bell could have some detrimental effects, and I'd prefer not to use a healing item if possible. Luckily, he hadn't yet fallen asleep, so I had a chance to act quickly. I held out his Poke Ball, and a long red beam lanced towards him. The light touched him and converted the large Water type into red plasma, which returned to the Poke Ball. I clipped it back onto my belt - Smash would need a good long rest after two battles in a row.

Suddenly, I felt a small chill, which was strange considering we were at Deckbi. I looked over to where Haxbat was swooping towards the Cubone, and I realised that somehow the little Ground type had conjured up an Ice-typed attack. Luckily, Haxbat didn't look too injured, although the little mean part at the back of my mind muttered that it wouldn't have been a bad thing if the huge Crobat had been frozen. I felt a slight tug from Dual, one that told me he felt the same way, and was ashamed of it like me.

<You may want to try catching them now,> River's mental voice broke into my thoughts. <The Cubone is looking terrified and wants to run away and it looks as though the Torkoal is beginning to think the same thing.>

Sounds like a good plan to me, I replied. I looked at Dual and jerked my head towards the battle. He nodded, and jumped towards the yawning Torkoal. I wanted to wait a little bit until it was asleep, but at the same time I didn't want it escaping. I knew exactly what to do. I scrabbled down into my pocket for a Park Ball as I called out my orders to Dual:

"Dual, keep an eye on that Torkoal! If it tries to attack you shrug it off with a Protect, or if it tries to get away stop it using Shadow Sneak. Just try to keep it around until it falls asleep, and then I'll throw this Park Ball at it!"

Dual nodded, and he turned back to look at the fire tortoise, keeping all of his attention on it. White light began to play around his right fist - all he had to do to activate the Protect was slam it into the ground. At the same time, dark energy began wafting up like steam from the dirt around his feet - he was preparing a Shadow Sneak at the same time. If the Torkoal tried to run, Dual would sink into the ground and chase after it. A green hand would emerge and grab hold of the fleeing Pokemon, keeping it still so I could attempt the capture. I aimed the ball in my mind, ready to throw it the second something happened.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 05-09-2011, 02:32 AM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#9

Ivy flinched as the small Cubone called down a whirling Blizzard to clear the dust veil they had made and injure one of her partners. Being a flying Pokémon, Haxbat was weak to the icy storm, and she knew he was going to take a lot of damage from it. If they weren't careful, it could also stiffen his muscles and freeze him, sending him crashing to the ground immobilized until he thawed out. Luckily, that hadn't happened yet, and the Crobat still managed to knock the Cubone back with an attack.

“Well, that didn't really work,” she murmured to Haji, who had placed himself by her feet, watching the battle.

Suddenly, his ears picked up, and she felt the swirling senses from their bond come alive. The connection was still sensitive, and she didn't want to cut it completely off, so she was going to just have to deal with the side effects. Soon enough, a muttering that sounded a lot like Chainy floated into she and Haji's minds. He must've picked up the other Ranger's thoughts on accident. It was fragmented and kind of fuzzy, but what she heard made her frown.

“...not so bad...bat...frozen.”

Immediately, she snapped her head in his direction, sending a somewhat hurt look his way before she could stop herself. She quickly brought her eyes back to Haxbat, but she couldn't erase what she heard. She felt Haji trying to dim the connection, but it was already too late. Another moment revealed that Dual shared the same feelings as his Trainer, though they did feel a little bad about it.

She didn't really focus on that though, she could only think of how they wouldn't mind one of her friends being hurt. It was probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but she couldn't help it. It bothered her. She knew somewhere that wasn't what he meant, but it was hard to erase the words that rang so clearly in her mind. She watched the next moments of the battle with a far-off look, trying to put the thoughts to rest so she could continue on their run. It was hard.

She saw Chainy withdraw Smash from the battle, sending out Dual to take his place. The Torkoal had tried to put the mud fish to sleep, so getting him out of there was a good idea. She supposed she could've asked Haji to just heal him, but she wasn't exactly feeling like a team at the moment. Chainy probably wouldn't want her help anyway.

The bond between her and Haji flickered for a moment as it fluxed, and she watched as the Espeon shook his head a bit. He looked at her in a somewhat apologetic way, and she just shrugged, sending her reassurance through the connection she was slowly starting to get used to. It wasn't his fault they picked that up.

Her eyes trailed back to Haxbat again, who had flown high and away from the Cubone. “You alright, Haxbat?” she called, breathing a small sigh of relief as he chattered positively back at her. “Careful, that was nasty.” She looked over to Chainy and Dual again at the thought, thinking that wasn't the only thing. “Swing in and U-turn back to me, okay? You can Roost over here while Chainy finishes catching his Torkoal.” The bat chattered again in response, and she nodded.

She noticed the two wild Pokémon were looking a little scared, and she wasn't sure how much longer they would stick around. Chainy was preparing a ball, so hopefully this would be over soon. If the Crobat could knock the Cubone down one more time from behind, maybe it would be wary enough to leave them. It could probably rest off the damage easily enough, since they hadn't hurt it a whole lot. She was ready to move on. There were still poachers out there.

She didn't look forward to things to come though.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Buzzer Offline

NBP:

Sounds like a good plan to me, Chainy replied after returning the no drowsy Swampert to his Poké ball. River nodded happily, she glanced a look back at the snoozing Buzz. She wished she hadn't, the images she found within his mind were quite disturbing. River wouldn't look at the desk in Buzz's office or the secretary in the same way.

"Dual, keep an eye on that Torkoal! If it tries to attack you shrug it off with a Protect, or if it tries to get away stop it using Shadow Sneak. Just try to keep it around until it falls asleep, and then I'll throw this Park Ball at it!"

Meanwhile the fear in the Cubone's eyes had grown, Haxbat had begun to swoop in for its next attack. Cubone quickly rolled to its right to dodge the U-Turn. Then took off at a remarkable pace considering how worn out it was. Haxbat landed happily by Ivy's side, roosting and recovering health.

Torkoal looked at the fleeing Cubone and thought about doing the same, it started to walk in the opposite direction, but Dual was already on top of it. Compressing down to the moving shadow along the ground and reappeared blocking the path.

Dual didn't strike; it naturally knew better than Chainy, and watched as the Torkoal fell asleep. Chainy threw the ball, the mechanism activated upon impact.

"Great job, you caught a Torkoal. Looks like Cubone got away, but I don't think you really care about that. Ready to get moving?"

Battle Stats:
?/?/
?/?/
vs

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal

Winter MCR:
Chainy MCR:

Pokemon: Swampert - 66%

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%

Last edited by Buzzer; 05-10-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

I watched out of the corner of my eyes as the huge purple bat swooped towards the almost-defenseless little mammal. Acting quickly, it rolled to the side, just in time to dodge a low swooping attack from its aggressor. It quickly got to its feet from its knees and began to flee to the right, stumbling away as fast as its small feet could carry it. As I saw Haxbat return to Ivy's side, I couldn't help but shudder - I couldn't imagine many things worse than being the Cubone right now.

The Torkoal watched the Cubone run, and decided to try as well. It broke left in a shuffling kind of gait. Dual was on top of it though - the white light covering his fist dissipated and he sunk into the ground. A black smear shot forward along the ground, curving to the left and quickly overtaking the fire tortoise. When he was a suitable distance ahead, Dual rose back of the ground, half-crouching, his centre of gravity low. The Torkoal started to veer to the side, but the Gallade leant that way too, preparing to intercept it. The Torkoal slowed to a stop and snorted, trying to figure out a way to get past the Blade Pokemon. Luckily for me, it began to yawn loudly, and against its own will it collapsed onto the ground, snoring loudly.

I threw the Park Ball towards the sleeping Fire-type, and it absorbed the Torkoal in a matter of seconds. The capture mechanism also activated immediately - apparently the Torkoal had been so tired it couldn't even pretend to put up a fight.

<Great job, you caught a Torkoal,> River's voice flowed through my head. <Looks like Cubone got away, but I don't think you really care about that. Ready to get moving?>

Yeah, I responded, shivering slightly and moving a little further away from the monstrous bat, making sure that I avoided eye contact with Ivy as I did so. I could feel from Dual that he'd much rather be in his ball than be out with that huge monstrosity flying around, even though he'd rather die than admit it, so as we began to walk onwards I returned him and clipped his ball to my belt.

River used her telekinetic abilities to levitate the ball into the pack on Ivy's back. I took a quick look behind me at Buzz, but River was flying onwards without a care, so I just decided to fall in line behind her, keeping my eyes on the ground in front of me.

SCROLL OF CHAINS