Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: [RP] A New Pokémon Journey: The Elite Tournament [RP]

Keiru Ketchum
Vermillion City Docks

"Ash, I'll talk to you another time. When we don't get" Keiru glared in the direction of Misty, and then Lolita. "Interrupted."

Keiru walked off, away from the amassed trainers, and found a nice secluded part of the docks. He let out a sigh, and leant against a box. From the looks of most of the amassed trainers, this wasn't going to be an amazing tournament. Who would invite a Breeder to a battle contest? Who would invite a Gym Leader- who was to be fair, not that great a trainer- and a Coordinator? Seriously?

Keiru's biggest threat would most probably be that trainer who didn't want to go on the boat, but would rather Surf alongside it. There was something about her which screamed power to him. Apart from her, his other threats would possibly be Kiseki, Ash and Robert. Keiru had heard about the expertise of Robert, and was quite impressed.

Keiru let out a sigh. Some of the trainers were not even skilled battle trainers. Keiru shook his head in annoyance. This tournament wouldn't be any challenge really with some of the "world class" trainers that were on offer.

Keiru looked up as he heard his name mentioned, and spotted Crystal. Where had she suddenly come from? Her appearance must of meant the ship was going to finally be leaving, and Keiru headed back to the group, walking past Ash, and joining Kiseki and Ashleigh.

"I hope you guys are ready." Keiru smiled. "I will not hold anything back."

Ashleigh
Vermillion City Docks

"I'll keep your word on that Kiseki." Ashleigh laughed. "Keiru told me that the team I had caught would be able to match yours, maybe even beat yours, if I commanded them well."

Ashleigh then frowned.

"I hope I won't have to battle you." Ashleigh said, staring at Kiseki.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Yana Rali
Vermilion Docks

“You do not like boats?” (Kaioo)

My eyes snapped opened and looked at to whoever was speaking to me. Great, socializing, well in a group this large I figured that it was bound to happen. Still, just one person was pretty good for an umpteen amount of people. The guy’s swag made me look for a second. It was a full on traditional samurai outfit, even with a katana. Bryn looked at the stranger with a cheerful smile, as she usually did.

"From the looks of you, you are... a natural survivalist? A trainer who stays in the wilds of the Pokemon world. Am I correct?" (Kaioo)

This guy knew what a person did by just looking at them. I gave him some credibility for that, as he was right. I stood off the dock post and looked at this stranger, straightening out my shirt in the process.

“My name is Ieyaso Tobakuri. What is yours may I ask?” (Kaioo)

The bow from this, Ieyaso gave me a slight surprise, but my face was hardened into a serious look at all times. Great, I’d have to answer more questions and be social. Well might as well get it over with.

“Yes you would be right. My name is Ayania Rali, also called the Dragon Paladin. I prefer Yana. I also prefer not to use civil vanities such as the boat.”

Bryn waved to the samurai and smiled once again, introducing herself. I translated quickly. 

“This is Bryn, she’s pleased to meet you.”

There, I had answered the guy’s questions, and I didn’t need to say anymore. I was about to relocate myself when a female voice wanted everyone’s attention. I looked up and saw a familiar face. It was Crystal, no wonder I got the letter, she was the only person on the face of the planet who knew where I lived. I was participating in the tournament so I payed attention.

(Crystal)
"It is an honor and pleasure to welcome you all to the first Elite Tournament. For all who have no idea who I am, I am Crystal Momoyia, current Kanto league champion. I am pleased to see two other champions in our group. We have current Johto league champion, Stephanie Shatnez, and Keiru Ketchum, the champion from Sinnoh. I am also pleased to see gym leaders like Brock from Pewter City, an Cerulean City's gym leader, Misty. This will be an exciting tournament, but we are not competing for titles. My older sister and I only wish to bring Trainers together to get to know each other and their Pokémon."

So that’s who some of the faces were. Some champions, some gym leaders, coordinators, breeders of course, this was going to be interesting. I felt that last bit to be redundant for my purposes as my Pokemon felt like siblings to me, I spent every waking moment with them.

(Crystal)
"Alright. Now, the tournament is taking place on a private island owned by my family. Keynoma, my older sister, is using it for Pokémon study. This is the reason we asked you all to meet here. If you look closely, the ship has an inclosed dock area with dark tinted windows. We are doing this to protect the location of the island, so everyone must get on the ship to take part. Once we have arrived, no one leaves until the tournament comes to a close. As soon as we board the ship, the Elite Tournament shall begin. Any questions?"

Damn, great, now I was stuck going on a boat. Bryn looked a tad disappointed but still gave me a bit of a push. I knew what that meant and just made a shooing motion with my hand. Still, I had to respect her wishes, though this boat ride was going to drive me insane. I started to walk towards the boat, knowing if I started to ask questions, I wouldn’t stop trying to find a way to get off staying on the boat. I tried to get on first, so that my presence would not be noted easily. There was a large crowd of people, which meant I’d have to swim through them. I thought for a moment, then looked at Bryn.

“Okay Bryn, thrust me onto the deck.”

Bryn put her claws together and lowered herself down, like to give me a boost. I stepped on them and she threw me up into the air, well above everyone else. I landed safely feet first on the boat, with Bryn following me quickly.

"I hope you guys are ready." Keiru , at least I assumed it was, smiled. "I will not hold anything back." (Kaioo)

I brushed myself off, knowing this was the smug guy that I already didn’t like. I had to say something to him to get it out of my system or I really was going to go crazy.

“Oh we can tell you won’t hold anything back, like your ego.” I spoke firmly to him. “You watch yourself, or karma is gonna get you back.”

With that, there was a large thud behind me, Bryn landing also on the deck of the boat. I turned and left the man to my comment, quickly finding some remotely isolated place to stay for the ride. Bryn looked at the guy and snorted defensively before taking to my back and walking along at my pace. The sooner this thing started the better. I needed to do something to get some of this energy out of my system. I found the farthest space on a cushioned bench on the boat, well from anyone else, and sat there, leaning back and stretching. I pulled my hat over my eyes a bit and tried to think calm thoughts.

Thats when I did have a question for Crystal. Pulling my hat up, I took in a deep rbeath and spoke loudly to get to her.

"Is there anywhere that has an open ceiling or a roof I could stay on or anything like that?" I knew I could bear on this boat if there was somewhere with an open ceiling. The sky couldn't exactly tell you where you were going during the day, unless you really knew how to read it. Still
Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

Devan Ketchum [Me] and Harrison
Vermillion City Docks

"It is an honor and pleasure to welcome you all to the first Elite Tournament. For all who have no idea who I am, I am Crystal Momoyia, current Kanto league champion. I am pleased to see two other champions in our group. We have current Johto league champion, Stephanie Shatnez, and Keiru Ketchum, the champion from Sinnoh. I am also pleased to see gym leaders like Brock from Pewter City, an Cerulean City's gym leader, Misty. This will be an exciting tournament, but we are not competing for titles. My older sister and I only wish to bring Trainers together to get to know each other and their Pokémon."

The minute I heard her voice, I turned around. I knew that voice all too well and knew exactly who was speaking. As she spoke and pointed out the Champions of other Regions, I folded my arms; no type of emotion on my face. I knew all too well who the current champions of each region were. I also knew who Lucy was since I challenged the Battle Frontier and won a while back. I had done so much so long ago that sometimes I forgot how it felt to be a winner in a competition. While I had gotten challenges from several different people, that wasn't the same of competing in a tournament and coming out on top. That was my main purpose of accepting my invitation and coming here today.

Not only that, but I wanted to see how my brothers Keiru and Ash had grown. Not so much if I did say myself. By the looks of them, they had changed just as little as Misty, Brock, Gary, May, Max, or Harrison. I stopped thinking when I heard Crystal continue to speak...

"Alright. Now, the tournament is taking place on a private island owned by my family. Keynoma, my older sister, is using it for Pokémon study. This is the reason we asked you all to meet here. If you look closely, the ship has an inclosed dock area with dark tinted windows. We are doing this to protect the location of the island, so everyone must get on the ship to take part. Once we have arrived, no one leaves until the tournament comes to a close. As soon as we board the ship, the Elite Tournament shall begin. Any questions?"

I personally couldn't think of a question and at the same time, did not want to give up who I was so soon. I wanted that to be a surprise for everyone at a much later time. Plus, I felt that for some, knowing current champions of three regions were on the boat was already overwhelming. Knowing the Pokemon Master was at this particular time could cause problems.

"Devan..." Harrison said to me whispering, "I am going to go over and speak to Ash real quick. Don't you, Neo or Auron go disappearing on me."

I nodded and watched as he walked in their direction. There seemed to be quite a few others around Ash. And only about two if not four people would probably recognize Harrison.

I turned back around and looked out into the ocean again. The tint windows weren't really a bother to me. I fully understood the reasons why they would want to keep this Island a secret. If this Island were to be found, I was sure that would just put more pressure and work on Lance, the police department and my own hands. That I did not want...

After a few minutes, I turned back around to see Harrison close in on the group and watched as his mouth began to move.

"Hey guys, how is everything going?" He asked with a friendly smile upon his face. He analyzed Ash, Brock, Misty and a few others near them as he waited for a response from them.

I sighed, and out of boredom, began walking around to look at all of the other trainers I would be competing against...

"You do know that Crystal will recognize who you are, right Devan? Not by your face, but by your essence. Same with Ash and Keiru's Pokemon. Your identity won't be safe for long," Auron said to me calmly.

I shook my head in agreement as we walked around. "Yeah, I know... but you never know when they will finally realize who I am."

Last edited by ashketchum; 09-15-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Gary Oak
Boarding the ship

Gary just shrugged with a smirk. "Don't let him get to you guys. We all know what happens to people with big egos. Ash and I know that experience well. People who stroke their egos like that just end up losing in the end. Well, I'm gonna go get on board. Smell ya later! And Ash, you'd better be ready to lose!" Gary teased before he and his Umbreon headed over to the boat.

Brock/Lucy
Heading to the ship

Brock frowned at Keiru's actions. He was about to go on a tirade but Lucy shook her head to him. "Don't waste your breath dear. He'll learn his place when the tournament begins. I've faced many trainers like him, and not a one like him has managed to defeat me. When you place your ego before everything else, you're bound to lose." Lucy spoke calmly.

Brock gave a nod to Lucy's response. "True enough. But anyways, I've been well. I was rather disappointed neither of you two received my invitation. Your mother had no idea where you were Ash, and your sisters were too busy fussing over some incoherant nonsense and I doubt they paid much attention to what I told them to tell you. Basically Ash, Misty....Lucy is my wife. We got married two months ago." Brock spoke with a smile.

His Ninetales walked up and nuzzled his hand. "Oh yeah, and Ninetales wants to say hi as well. I'm sure you remember her. The same 200 year old Ninetales that mistook me for her former trainer. She found me some years ago and wanted to join me after finding life in the wild rather lonesome." Brock added. he then turned to see Harrison approach.

"Hey, good to see you Harrison. How are your Pokemon fairing?" Brock asked as he looked to the others. "I think we should start heading for the boat. We don't want to get left behind, right?" Brock suggested.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:21 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

May
On a boat to Vermilion city-->Vermillion city docks

I was late again, as always. I ran towards the boat just as the smoke started puffing, and smiled. “Am I too late to get on? I need to get to Vermilion city as soon as possible, sir.” I said, looking from side to side as if I were expecting something odd to happen.

“Well, we were about ready to sail of there, young girl. I do say, you are our last passenger. Right this way, ma’am.” The man lead me into the boat, tons of sailors docked the ship. I smiled, thanking the sailor. I walked into my room for the day, and looked at the name, or whatever was on the door. In big, pink letters, it read ‘Girls room 101’ I looked down the hall, nothing but other dorms, not belonging to the girls.

I released my Pokémon from their Pokeballs, and flopped down on the bed. Waiting for the minute we reached Vermilion city, I ended up training for the tournament. “Blazekin use Blaze kick, Delkatty counter with Swift!” I smiled, watching golden stars fly from the tail tip of the purple and cream kitty. During this time, Blazekin’s leg and foot started heating up, throwing half of the stars off course. As both attacks hit, both Pokémon looked to the side. We were at Vermilion city.

I jumped off the boat before the ladder was out, and smiled. Sadly, I would have to walk to the docks. My Pokémon all followed me, either flying or walking. I ran over to the docks, I don’t know why they had dropped me off by the Gym. I smiled and said, "Well, good luck, everyone." I tried not to sound sick of ships, or seasick. I saw the ship, and got on.

(Sorry if I missed anything, I didn't read any posts whatsoever.)
Old 09-16-2010, 02:57 AM
AKATheTitan Offline
Experienced Trainer

"It is an honor and pleasure to welcome you all to the first Elite Tournament. For all who have no idea who I am, I am Crystal Momoyia, current Kanto league champion. I am pleased to see two other champions in our group. We have current Johto league champion, Stephanie Shatnez, and Keiru Ketchum, the champion from Sinnoh. I am also pleased to see gym leaders like Brock from Pewter City, an Cerulean City's gym leader, Misty.This will be an exciting experience for all, but we are not competing for titles. My older sister and I only wish to bring Trainers together to get to know each other and their Pokémon."

So this was the orchestrator of the Tournament, Crystal. He climbed his Rhyperior to get above the crowds and get a better view.

Some short distance away, he picked out the ferry and that was supposed to take them to the tournament. On the docks leaning against a railing, Crystal and Stephanie Shantez were giving the announcement.

“All right, Prom, let’s get moving, shall we?”

Prometheus barked in acknowledgment and began moving towards the docks. People shuffled out of the way as the massive Pokemon pushed through the crowds. Douglas, however, didn’t care for this: instead, his eyes were locked on the boat. It was an ominous presence, and it gave him an uneasy feeling, which he quickly shook off. As he stepped onto the docks, he heard a female voice ring out with disgust,

“Oh we can tell you won’t hold anything back, like your ego. You watch yourself, or karma is gonna get you back.”

He burst out laughing. Keiru, at least from what he’d heard, was notable for his arrogance, and nothing was more amusing than watching someone call him out for it. He and his Rhyperior maneuvered their way towards this trainer, who had sat down on a bench and was accompanied by a rather elegant Dragonite. He made brief eye contact with her and gave a thumbs up for the comment, then strode by the group to where Crystal and Stephanie would be. Approaching them, he tapped gently on the railing to get their attention.

“One question, Crystal- need I.D.?”
He said curtly, displaying his trainer card to prove that he was, in fact, Douglas. “Douglas Magestus. Pleasure to meet ya!”

“Rhy-?” Prometheus stared at the Mightyena-Houndoom cross with a look full of both curiosity and puzzlement. The Rhyperior lifted its arm slightly to alert its trainer. Douglas caught the message, and raised an eyebrow at the strange Pokemon.

“Maybe two questions. Part Mightyena, part Houndoom… Where’d you find a Pokemon as… unique as this?” He said, choosing his words carefully. Crystal was, after all, one of the creators of this Tournament, and the last thing he wanted to do was piss her off. “I never thought two bred species produced co-dominant offspring, only one or the other…”

He leaned out on the railing with his forearms, gazing at the Vermillion harbor’s grandeur. This would be a final respite before the gauntlet that lay ahead…

OoC: I'm finding the locations of various people to be very ambiguous, so I hope I got everything right.

//ARCH KNIGHTS OF ALTAIR\\
| We are the new day's sun, ascending towards the sky to vanquish the night's wretched darkness. It is our birthright to uphold the necessities of order and justice. With sword and scale in hand, we shall protect these virtues with our lives. |

Last edited by AKATheTitan; 09-16-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru Ketchum
Boarding the boat

"Ego? Don't make me laugh." Keiru laughed. "I am merely stating that as a powerful trainer, I am not holding anything back. My cockiness when I was younger lost me my Kanto Championship to Crystal over there. I was merely observing the fact that this is a Battle tournament, for the best of the best Battle trainers, and we have a Breeder, a Coordinator who just runs around like her Pokemon, a Gym Leader who from what I've seen, isn't a very good battler."

Keiru sighed, looking at Brock.

"I mean no offense Brock. You are probably a good battler, but still..." Keiru frowned.

Ieyaso Tobakuri
Boarding the boat

"Keiru, seriously.." Ieyaso sighed. "Don't try and annoy the competition."

Ieyaso walked alongside Keiru now, shaking his head.

"Your tactics to unnerve them will not work here." Ieyaso said. "These are the best of the best."

Old 09-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Gentle Manne Offline
Amateur Trainer

Red and Araceli
Boarding the ferry

"It is an honor and pleasure to welcome you all to the first Elite Tournament. For all who have no idea who I am, I am Crystal Momoyia, current Kanto league champion. I am pleased to see two other champions in our group. We have current Johto league champion, Stephanie Shatnez, and Keiru Ketchum, the champion from Sinnoh. I am also pleased to see gym leaders like Brock from Pewter City, an Cerulean City's gym leader, Misty.This will be an exciting experience for all, but we are not competing for titles. My older sister and I only wish to bring Trainers together to get to know each other and their Pokémon."

For whatever reason, Red hadn't thought of knowing the mind who created this tournament's name...

"Well, don't just stand there. Let's get on before it gets too crowded to move around!"
With little to no resistance, Red allowed himself to be dragged by Araceli onto the large ferry, Pikachu and Noisette following close behind.

After what seemed like a rather long moment of sliding across the floor, he felt himself dropped to the ground, not too painfully of course. Red got himself together and stood himself up on his feet. To get a closer view of the ocean, Pikachu ran up his master's clothes and hopped up onto his head. The electric mouse hadn't changed a bit.

A sudden thought came into Red's head.

He didn't even visit his mom.

The rivers will run red.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:45 AM
ashketchum Offline

Devan Ketchum [Me] and Harrison
Vermillion City Docks

“My Pokemon are doing great! Actually, they’re far stronger than they were last time I battled with Ash in the Johto League a few years ago. Especially Blaziken…” Harrison informed Brock with a smirk. Harrison looked at the Ninetales that was beside Brock and thought it looked gorgeous. Then again, most Ninetales did. However, considering Brock was a Pokemon Breeder, he’d probably be able to show the true beauty of it.

Seeing people boarding the boat, and getting tired of looking at the other people competing, I turned around and headed to where Harrison was. Before then, I returned Auron into his Pokeball. Neo was in my arms with his face buried in my shirt sleeping. I felt that this would be good. If no one could see Neo’s face, they wouldn’t think that they saw it before. I wasn’t afraid to show my face in front of the crew, but I knew better than to speak in front of them. I mean, just because I my physical appearance changed over the years, didn’t have anything to do with my voice.

“Harrison… we need to board the ferry. I don’t mean to sound rude, or stop you from catching up with them, but there will be time for that later. I say we get on and relax and prepare both ourselves and our Pokemon for the battles ahead,” I whispered into his ear as I slowly passed him. It was almost unnoticeable that I was even speaking to him due to the way I walked past. I continued walking, knowing that if they were to have seen me speaking to Harrison, they’d attempt to come to me and ask who I was. That would be when I’d have no choice but to speak.

Harrison smirked to himself and then bowed his head slightly to Brock, and the others around him; trying to signal that he had to get moving. “Hey, I will speak to you guys later. Contact me if you need me or if you see Devan Ketchum. I heard he got invited but I haven’t seen him yet. Anyway, it was nice seeing you all.”

When he caught up to me, I could tell by his facial expression that he wished that he had more time to talk to Brock, but at the same time, he couldn’t agree more. We had trained almost all day together, and now was the time for us to rest ourselves and our Pokemon.

Last edited by ashketchum; 09-17-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:48 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

Ash Ketchum and Cassandra Evans
Vermillion City Docks

"All of those wishing to partake in the Elite Tournament, please allow me your attention. It is an honor and pleasure to welcome you all to the first Elite Tournament. For all who have no idea who I am, I am Crystal Momoyia, current Kanto league champion. I am pleased to see two other champions in our group. We have current Johto league champion, Stephanie Shatnez, and Keiru Ketchum, the champion from Sinnoh. I am also pleased to see gym leaders like Brock from Pewter City, an Cerulean City's gym leader, Misty.This will be an exciting experience for all, but we are not competing for titles. My older sister and I only wish to bring Trainers together to get to know each other and their Pokémon."

Ash and Cassie looked up simultaneuously, hearing a familiar voice calling out to the numerous trainers, coordinators and breeders gathered on the docks. It didn't take Ash long at all to recognize the face associated with the voice, and the sight shocked him somewhat. So Crystal was one of the creators of the tournament?

After Crystal finished speaking, one guy spoke up, but his response was lost to Ash, who looked back to Brock when he spoke, his words taking a moment to sink in. When the piece of information finally sunk in, his eyes widened, darting back and forth between Brock and Lucy.

You're married?!" He flinched as Cassie gave him a small smack to the back of the head, turning to glare at her briefly. "Ow.. What?"

The blonde shook her head, looking back to Lucy and Brock with a smile. "That's really great. Congratulations, you two."

Ash finally came back to his senses, speaking again with a smile as he rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, congratulations. That's awesome, guys!" He noticed Harrison approaching the group then, and his smile became a grin. "Hey, Harrison!" He listened as he and Brock spoke, opening his mouth to say something else, but stopping when Harrison bowed and, after telling them that he'd talk to them later, left.

His last piece of information, however, stuck with Ash, and he grew quiet. So Devan was here somewhere, too? If that was the case, why hadn't he spotted him yet? Was he late, or had he changed his appearence like Keiru? Had his older brother not spoken to him and revealed his identity, Ash would have never known who he was until the tournament had already begun.

Brock commented that they should get on the boat, to which Ash gave a slightly delayed nod.

"Yeah, you're right."

Kiseki Kagami and Aden
Vermillion City Docks

Kiseki and Aden looked to Keiru as he spoke, and Kiseki simply smiled.

"Good to know. Neither will I." It wasn't long after that Keiru was addressed by someone - a girl nearby - on his ego. A boy nearby started laughing, and Kiseki looked at him questioningly. Was he laughing at Keiru, or had someone said something funny?

"I'll keep your word on that Kiseki." Ashleigh responded to Kiseki's previous statement with a laugh. "Keiru told me that the team I had caught would be able to match yours, maybe even beat yours, if I commanded them well."

Kiseki grinned. "We'll see about that."

There was a pause then, and Ashleigh frowned. She looked back up to him, staring him down as she spoke again. "I hope I won't have to battle you."

Aden looked as though he were going to make a comment, but refrained. Of course she'd have to battle him eventually - it was part of the tournament. However, stating such, no matter how obvious, would have been rude.

Kiseki looked at the ground for a few moments, unable to respond. He knew as well that they'd probably have to face each other, no matter how much he didn't want to battle Ashleigh.

After a few moments of silence, Kiseki had one of his famous (at least to the people that know him) mood swings, looking back up at Ashleigh with his usual happy expression, making an attempt to change the subject.

"We should probably get on the ship now, shouldn't we? Since Crystal made the announcement and all."

OoC: Sorry if I left out anything or missed anyone who spoke to my characters

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Max/Robert
Boarding the ship

"And there she goes, off like a rocket without so much as a hello." Max commented as May didn't seem to respond to Drew or himself, her own younger brother. Max just shrugged as he and Gardevoir headed onto the boat. He was glad he would at least get his own room. It'd be nice not to have to share everything with his older sister for a change.

Robert made his way up onto the ship and headed for his room. He wanted to unpack his things and allow all of his Pokemon a chance to stretch out and get some warm-ups down. Even though they were going to an island to do the tournament, there was certainly going to be training going on. All of the trainers and coordinators, as well as breeders would try to get their last licks in as far as training and sparing goes to get their pokemon in top form. Robert was no different.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:59 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Crystal Momoyia and Stephanie Shantez
Vermillion City Docks
Stephanie waited no time before she boarded the boat. Soon people started to follow suit, and Crystal noticed that May had join the group. She was glad to see another familiar and friendly face. She then turned when she was addressed by Yana, giving the other female trainer her full attention.

"There is a place where you can watch the sky, but it will black out when the sun starts to set since the stars can give people directions. The glass ceiling is in the training room with the pool, filled with natural herbal water. The herbs were added to help relax Pokémon when the water is heated, but help them get energized when the water temperature goes down," Crystal explained.

Crystal then turned when another voice called to her. This time it was a male trainer she did not personally know. He asked if I.D. was needed, but she shook her head. She gave him a friendly smile as Douglas introduced himself and his Rhyperior examined Houndena. The canine Pokémon tilted his head to the side, curious about the bigger Pokémon.

"Houndena here is a one of a kind. He hatched from an egg I took care of myself. I gave my Houndoom, Surge, and my brown Mightyena, Layla, to Brock to take care off, and next thing I knew they became parents. I think that the traits got mixed because Surge was experimented on at a really early age."

After the questions were answered, Crystal turned to see that Persian was heading over to Ash and Pikachu, wanting to greet old friends. Crystal had grown up with Ash and Gary back in Pallet Town and started her journey the same day they did. She ended up getting her starter before Gary, and she had chosen Charmander. But her's was an unnatural color and ended up evolving into a black Charizard. She had named it Blitz, and along with the Meowth she had grown up with went out on her journey. Every now and then she'd bump into one of the two boys, but didn't stay with them for long since all of them were trying to enter the Pokémon league in Kanto.

Persian smiled and greeted Pikachu with a friendly meow, lightly purring afterwards. She offered the Mouse Pokémon to ride on her back by kneeling down slightly. It was something that Persian sometimes did, which was give smaller Pokémon rides. While this was going on, Houndena remained at Crystal's side. He was on her left, taking his father's place for the time being as the Houndoom was still on the ship, probably double checking everything. The trip would take over a day, so everyone would be sleeping on the ship to arrive at the island, dubbed the Elite Isle for the tournament, early the next morning.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Kaioo Offline

Keiru Ketchum
On the boat

Keiru headed to a secluded spot on the boat, and let out sigh. He leant back against the wall, closing his eyes as he breathed in. Keiru felt relaxed, and calm. His eyes snapped open at the sound of footsteps to his left, and his head snapped in the direction of the movement, a faint figure disappearing around the corner.

Keiru shook his head, and closed his eyes again, breathing deeply.

Good luck Ash... You will need it Keiru thought, smiling softly.

Ashleigh
Boarding the boat

"Come on then!" Ashleigh laughed, grabbing onto Kiseki's arm and practically dragging him onto the boat.

Ashleigh stopped when she got on the deck of the boat, Kiseki just behind her. She turned round and smiled at Kiseki.

"The boat awaits." Ashleigh said, smiling.

Ieyaso
On the boat

"Excuse me, is there an area where I can train myself?" Ieyaso asked, looking at Crystal. "Somewhere, preferably, where I could be alone to train."

Old 09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
ashketchum Offline

Devan Ketchum
Aboard The Boat - S.S. ???

I sat in one of the rooms that I picked among several others. It was the rooms that were on the first floor of the boat, and was in the first row. More than likely, Crystal or her sister was in a room on this same row. Since my door was closed, I had decided that this was the time to release all of my Pokemon from their customized colored Pokeballs. So I threw all six of the Pokeballs I had with me out in front of me. Coming out of a blue, (at the top) and black (at the bottom) one was Auron, my Lucario. From an all black Pokeball with flames and sparks surrounding it came my Charizard. From the all yellow Pokeball with black streaks on it emerged Electivire. Garchomp or Chompah as I called him came out of an all blue Pokeball. Simple, right? Anyway, Torterra came out a green (at the top) and black (at the bottom) Pokeball. Last but most certainly not least was my Dragonite. The only female Pokemon I had apart of my team. She was released from a white (at the top) and hazel brown (at the bottom) Pokeball.

I was very pleased and impressed with the space that these rooms had. Or particularly the one I had chosen if the others weren’t quite as big. However, I doubted that, I didn’t see why all the rooms wouldn’t be equal in size. I had heard Crystal say something earlier about a pool filled with natural herbal water. I figured that it would be perfect for my Pokemon considering I wasn’t exactly planning on training intensely on the boat considering we had prepared for another tournament years after I had won in all four Regions. The reason I had changed so much though was probably due to my traveling to the Isshu Region. There I was blessed with the opportunity to learn more about new species of Pokemon. I had even come across a Zoroark which seemed to be a Pokemon that would be in this tournament. If my memory served me correctly, it was Robert Masters who had it. It would be an absolute thrill battling him… my Lucario facing off against his Zoroark… I could see it now.

Neo hopped off of my shoulder as I began daydreaming about the battles ahead, and stood in the middle, just a little in front of the other Pokemon. Charizard was the first Pokemon to its right and beside him in order was Chompah and Dragonite. Auron was the first Pokemon to Neo’s left and beside him were my Electivire and Torterra. They stood there; waiting for me to give them instructions. I was curious to see if people would wonder why I had seven Pokemon with me… thing was, Neo was not participating for reasons I believe I have gone over once before. I shook that thought off nonetheless and looked at my seven beauties. Before speaking, I gave them a warm smile.

“For the most part of this trip on the boat, I plan on meeting some of the competitors that I do not know and I also plan on relaxing. There will be times where we train hard, but I don’t want you guys looking like everyone else’s. I am sure that everyone competing is going to think that if they train constantly, they’ll have a better chance of winning. However, you guys know me and my methods well and it has never pointed us in the wrong direction. With that being said, I released you all from your Pokeballs so like myself, you could get to have a fun time on this marvelous boat.” I explained to them; the warm smile never leaving my face. My speech of course was still directed towards Neo. He’d train when we trained and he’d relax when we did. Just because he wasn’t competing, I didn’t want him to get rusty on me.

All of my Pokemon seemed delighted by what I had said, especially the part about relaxing. Sometimes I wished I was more mature about my decisions when I was younger. Maybe then winning in each region would have been easier… I could not allow myself to dwell on that though since I had still won it all. This was the present, and even though I knew things wouldn’t be easy, I knew I could win it all again. If I did win this tournament, I would probably consider assisting Crystal’s sister with the judging and such the following year, if they were planning on making this a tradition of a sort.

I walked over to my bed, and laid down on it… resting my eyes. Every time I closed my eyes, I usually fell asleep. I knew this would be no different. Perhaps rest now was the best way to start things out here. Neo jumped on the bed with, getting comfortable beside me. Charizard, Chompah, Dragonite, Torterra, and Electivire all followed the trend and decided they would get some sleep now as well. Auron walked over to the door and hit the switch beside it; cutting the lights off. He sat beside the door, with his back against the wall. His legs stretched out…

The door was unlocked in case Harrison or someone else needed him. He felt that he could trust any of the people competing here, so he did not really get the point of locking the doors. It would more than likely rise the other trainer’s suspicions and cause disruptions. For example, a trainer may come to the door, realize its locked and ask whether or not it had been locked before anyone boarded the ship. Which would then cause Crystal or her sister to figure out what was going on and I personally did not want that.

Nevertheless, nothing but sleep seemed to matter to me at the moment. We all fell asleep without a word…

Harrison
Aboard The Boat - S.S. ???

Harrison had finally gotten on the boat and went to a room, but his was on the lower level or second floor. He didn’t really want to be on the same floor and in the same place as Devan all the time because he did not want to draw too much attention to him which he was sure would end up happening. Especially if Ash, Brock, Misty, Gary and the others saw Harrison around him. Harrison would more than likely be asked the question he doesn’t want to answer which was, ‘who is he?’

Harrison smirked and decided to take all of his Pokemon out. So, he threw his Pokeballs in front of him; releasing his big three before the others. His big three were of course his Blaziken, Weavile, and Houndoom. Three Pokemon he used in the Johto League against Ash. He also released three other Pokemon that he had now which were his Espeon, Empoleon and Salamence. He felt he had a good team that he was quite comfortable with and also felt that they could stand up against even the toughest trainers.

“Hey guys,”
said Harrison greeting his Pokemon. He knew they were pleased to be out of their Pokeballs. “I know that Devan told you and myself that we should try his methods, but remember, we’re two totally different trainers. I am willing to try it out for the most part though. I am guessing he and his Pokemon are resting first, so I think we should train. Then when they get up and train, we get some rest. Sound good?”

Blaziken flexed and fire blazed around its wrists. Houndoom and Weavile simply nodded. Salamence, Empoleon, and Espeon gave their own little answer simultaneously which sounded something like ‘Espleonmence’, it was very funny to Harrison who laughed at it; his Pokemon joining him.

“Let’s get settled in the room, and as soon as you guys are ready, we’ll head to the training area.” Harrison informed his Pokepals and soon after began thinking to himself for some time…

...The tournament hasn’t begun yet and here I am already anxious to battle. This isn’t going to be easy at all, and even though I know I have a high chance of winning, I can’t seem to stop doubting myself. But I won’t doubt myself. If I had doubted myself in the Johto League, Ash would have torn me apart. I’m here for one reason only… and that’s to win!...

Last edited by ashketchum; 09-18-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Robert Masters
Training Area

After getting everything set up in his room, Robert headed out to the training area. He wanted to iron out his appeals, especially with Lotus, his Zoroark. While he had trained her extensively, she had never actually been in a contest like his other Pokemon. This would be a step closer to being in an actual appeals as trainers were all around, training their own Pokemon. While it wasn't a roaring crowd of hundreds or thousands, it would expose his Zoroark to a large group of people.

This was how he normally trained his new Pokemon for contests. First working on the actual performance, then working in populated areas to get his new Pokemon used to showing off in front of people, and finally the contest hall itself.

"Alright Lotus, we're going to do our appeal routine." Robert spoke before recalling Zoroark to her Pokeball.

"Now Lotus, show them how it's done!" Robert spoke as he tossed the Pokeball. The seals released as Lotus came out, a mixture of fire and thunder seals which swirled around Zoroark. Lotus landed in a kneeling position. As the thunder and fire seals created a circular wall around her, Lotus lifted her eye and allowed her red eyes to shine through the mixed wall in a haunting, menacing way. Once the seals wore off, Lotus stood and faced Robert.

"Now, Dark Pulse!" Robert called out. Lotus stood like a ninja with both paws in front of her, one straight up while the other was horizontal and resting on the palm of the one that was vertical. Her hair orb rose straight up and waved of darkness pulsated from it like ripples upon a lake.

"Aura Sphere and Focus Punch!" Robert called out. The orb from her hair released a sphere of powerful energy straight up, above the lingering dark energies. Spinning in place for a moment, Lotus launched herself straight up, through the circular disk of dark pulse energy and struck upwards, hitting the Aura Sphere hard from above once she was higher than the sphere. The collision sounded like a bell as the energy of the Aura Sphere began to start dispersing down into the dark energy, causing the snow-like aura particles to fall through and mix with the Dark Pulse energies, creating energy flakes of black and white, yin and yang. When the move was over, his Zoroark landed on the ground in a kneeling position once more.

"That was very good, your best one yet." Robert spoke as he reached down and pet Lotus on the head. Lotus responded energetically by pouncing and nuzzling Robert affectionately. "H-hey, that's enough. We're in public you know." he teased before recalling Lotus to her Pokeball.

Last edited by Mewcario; 09-18-2010 at 01:46 PM.