Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:04 AM
UmbreonMoonlight Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: [RP] A New Pokémon Journey: The Elite Tournament [RP]

Lolita Savanna
Vermilion City Docks

Lolita frowned as she looked around, Spark, her Pikachu, sitting on her shoulder. She took note of other Pikachus in the area as well. Seems like Pikachu is a popular choice of a Pokemon... but my Pikachu is different... People don't usually notice but still... I promised Mewtwo though so I won't tell, she thought to herself. For some reason, Spark hated being in his pokeball so she always had him on her shoulder, where he always rode around, enjoying the small breeze that was produced up there.

Suddenly, Spark's ears perked up and he jumped down from his shoulder. He had spotted his counterpart, Ash's Pikachu, and was anxious to make more amends with him for what he did. "Spark hey! Come back!" Lolita called after him. She ran off after Spark, who stopped at Ash's feet and looked up at him. "Pikachu!" Spark called, looking toward Pikachu. "Pika!" he called, running to the Umbreon and Pikachu.

Lolita came running up to the group of about four(?) people. One was dressed elegantly, another was more like a trainer, the one she recognized in the professor outfit was Gary Oak, and some girl was with them as well (Sorry if I left anyone out xD). Lolita looked to Spark and saw that he was conversing with someone else's Pikachu and saw it was causing no disturbance hopefully but she was a bit bashful that she had stepped into the conversation.

"Sorry about that. Spark doesn't usually act like that. Well, since I'm here, may as well introduce myself. Lolita Savanna, aspiring Trainer and part-time breeder. And I know you are Gary Oak, Ash Ketchum and...?" she stopped at the white-haired man who was a stark contrast to Ash. She didn't recognize the man at all though she had to admit, he looked like Ash. She also didn't recognize the other girl there and looked between the two for introductions.

Misty
Vermilion Docks

Misty walked up to the Vermilion docks, dressed in a one piece swimming suit, sandles, and a jacket that flapped open around her. In her arms, she held her Corsola, an old friend she caught back in the Orange Islands when she was traveling with Ash. She was actually scanning the crowd, looking for that familiar face. She was sure she would find Ash here and find she did, as she finally picked his face from the crowd.

She also spotted another familiar face. Brock, and he was with some woman as well as others. He seemed different though, as he wasn't going around telling all the attractive women around here that they were beautiful. I wonder what's changed Brock so much, she thought, thinking he may have finally settled down. She decided to go see Ash and Gary though since Brock was more apart from them.

She walked up to the group and waved to them. Corsola jumped out of her arms and ran up to Ash. "Corsola, corsola!" Corsola said happily, turning to Pikachu. It recognized Ash's Pikachu instantly and began to converse with it. "Ash! Long time no see! You've been making quite a name for yourself I hear," she said, having heard all about Ash's tales. She then turned to Gary and smiled at him. "And Gary! Still rivals with Ash it would seem," she said, grinning. She just waited for their reactions to seeing her now as she looked at the rest of the group.

Dawn
Vermilion Docks

Dawn ran toward the docks, excited as ever. "Piplup hurry up! We're going to be late!" Dawn called to her partner behind her. Piplup was lagging behind a bit and really out of breath from running all the way here. Dawn laughed happily and easily spotted Ash from the crowd. "Ash! Hey! It's great to see you!" she called as she ran up to Ash.

She stopped and rested her hands on her knees, breathing heavily. Piplup came up walking like a zombie before collasping. Dawn laughed lightly and picked up Piplup, holding him in her arms. "I thought you would be here Ash! I was looking forward to seeing you again!" she said happily. Piplup waved at Ash as well before he spotted Pikachu.

Piplup squirmed out of Dawn's arms and jumped to the ground, racing over to Pikachu. "Piplup!" he greeted Pikachu happily. Dawn smiled at the two and looked at Ash. "Pikachu's looking as good as ever!" she said, knowing Pikachu was probably stronger by now. She then spotted Brock not too far off and grinned.

"Hey Brock! Over here! It's good to see you!" she called from her spot. She ran over to Brock, not giving Ash enough time to recover from the shock of her new appearance and finally say hi. She smiled at Brock and waved. "It's been too long. How's the 'world's best breeder' going?" she asked, smiling happily.

((not going to post for Drew yet))
Old 09-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Gentle Manne Offline
Amateur Trainer

"When's this boat coming?!" Araceli complained, crossing her arms. "You want a quick battle or something, Red?" She asked her friend, who blinked at her and silently shook his head. "I guess that's for the better." Besides, they needed their pokemon at full power, didn't they? They should get all the rest they could get before the tournament.

Pikachu and Noisette were looking out at the other trainer's pokemon. Pikachu saw some of his kind, which made him even more excited for the future battles. Noisette didn't see any other Roserades, but they could simply just be in their pokeballs, right?

"We still haven't introduced ourselves to anyone. Nobody's just gonna walk over here, ya know?" Araceli said after a moment of silence. Without a word, Red straightened his backpack and walked off, going towards the crowd. As he passed, Pikachu ran up onto his shoulder. Noisette quickly followed, looking for once to check if Araceli was following. Indeed, she was, though a distance back.

The rivers will run red.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Gary Oak
Vermilion City Docks

Gary smiled as Misty and Max came up to say hi. "Hey Misty. How's the gym life treating you? And hiya Max. Been a while since you and I traveled together. You certainly must have gotten stronger if you got the invite for this." Gary spoke with a friendly tone of voice.

Gary looked a bit puzzled when Dawn came up, said hi and then shot off over to Brock and Crystal. "She doesn't slow down, does she? They say Pokemon become like their trainers, but I think she's become more like her Pachirisu." Gary commented as he crossed his arms.

Brock / Lucy
Vermilion City Docks

"That's right, and of course she's only the most beautiful woman of all, and an incredibly strong trainer. And let's not forget that she cares for her Pokemon with the skill of a breeder. How could I not settle down with such a perfect woman?" Brock replied in his usual over-the-top manner. This caused Lucy to blush heavily before being snapped back into reality by Crystal's response.

"Yes, I remember battling you. I always remember those capable enough to defeat me, which is to say, a very select few." Lucy replied with a calm, pleasant tone of voice. Both Brock and Lucy turned when Dawn approached.

"Hello Dawn. I'm doing well. In fact, how's about you take a look at my first breeding breakthrough?" Brock spoke before gesturing to Houndena. "Of course, something was done to the Houndoom parent when the Houndoom was an egg, so that would explain how instead of this guy being born one or the other, he was born as a cross-breed, the first of his kind." Brock spoke with enthusiasm.

Max
Vermilion City Docks

"Yeah, it's been a while. And I conquered all of the Battle Domes and the Mountain Challenge in the Orre region." Max replied, standing proudly and pushing his glasses up with one finger. "My Gardevoir even soloed an entire 3 on 3 match!" Max spoke as his Gardevoir placed her hands on Max's shoulders.

Last edited by Mewcario; 09-13-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Yana Rali
Vermillion Docks

I stood on the back of my Dragonite as she skimmed over the sea bordering Vermilion’s shore. Yes, standing, back straight, goggles on my face, coming to this gathering of a tournament. Normally, I wouldn’t have gone along with the entire formality of showing up where I assumed other people were gathering, however, they probably had to take some sort of attendance. If we were taking a boat, I’d rather not have to be on it. I preferred flying or taking a ride on the back of my Pokemon. I neared the docks, seeing a large amount of trainers. I knew there would be mixed impressions upon my arrival, I mean I was standing on the back of m Dragonite as she flew at high speeds over the ocean. People would think that was either cool, I thought I was the Queen of Sheba, or something else I couldn’t think of.

“Bryn, slow down, I think we’re here.”

Bryn nodded and changed her wing position, coming into a braking form. As she came to a casual gliding speed, I started to notice that there were gym leaders amongst the group, some that I wasn’t sure if they would remember battling me. I went through the leagues ages ago, but my style of battling constantly with the type disadvantage always went noticed. That’s right, if someone sent out a Glaceon, I’d send out my Altaria or Flygon, or even Bryn. Over the years they built up endurance to their weaknesses, and as such by extension, grew stronger in what they were effective in.

As Bryn started to straighten her back, I jumped off, landing on the dock where there were the least amount of people. My Dragonite took a step behind me, looking at the large crowd of collective trainers with a friendlier face than I did. I pulled the goggled off my face and put it in my bag, readjusting my hat accordingly.

“Is this the gathering for that invite only tournament?” I asked to no one in particular. “Whoever managed to get me the letter all the way in outback Mt. Silver has some impressive mailing skills.”

Yes, I lived up around Mt. Silver. No electronics, no fancy housing, just me and my Pokemon and the natural world. I loved it out there, it’s where I felt most comfortable. Coming back to civilization felt foreign to me, but a tourny invite was an invite, and I wasn’t gonna pass up a chance to battle it out with these people. They must have had some credibility, but again, no TV or form of media, I wouldn’t have known what it was. Anything was just by word of mouth from the rare by passing trainer out in the wild.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 09-14-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Keiru Ketchum
Vermilion City Docks

Keiru stared blankly at the newcomer, who stopped at him.

"I am Keiru Ketchum, current champion of the Sinnoh region." Keiru replied with no emotion. "Ex-champion of Kanto and Hoenn, and the only trainer to be champion of two regions at once. And I care not for who YOU are."

Keiru then looked back at Ash.

"So, do you want Munchy back then?" Keiru asked, smiling.

Ashleigh "Ashe"
Vermillion City Docks

Ashleigh watched as Ieyaso left her and Kiseki alone, glaring at him.

"So, Kiseki, how have you been?" Ashleigh asked, a big smile on her face.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.

Last edited by Kaioo; 09-13-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:05 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

OoC: Gah, so many people...x_x Lol..

IC: Ash Ketchum and Cassandra Evans
Vermillion City Docks

Ash grinned at Gary's response.

"Good to know."

Keiru responded as well, to which Cassie's smile grew larger. Keiru's Pikachu jumped on Ash, catching him off guard, to which Keiru laughed and told him that the Lightning Mouse had missed him. Ash's own Pikachu greeted the other cheerfully as Ash stroked its head. His attention shifted to the Pokemon at Keiru's feet then as he was mentioned, and a smile returned to his face.

He knelt down, releasing Keiru's Pikachu to allow it to go where it pleased, and scratched the Munchlax behind the ear.

"Hey there, Munchy. It's been awhile, huh?"

Ash's own Pikachu jumped down from his shoulder and ran over to Munchy, conversing with him.

"Hey Ash, Gary, how's it going?"

The raven haired teen looked up when hearing another familiar voice, seeing another boy approaching.

"Hey Max!" His smile shifted to a slightly surprised expression, "Man, you've gotten tall! How've you been?" (lol same line I used in SoulSilver's RP...xD;)

Another Pikachu approached the group then, running up to Pikachu and Umbreon. Pikachu appeared surprised at first, then greeted the other happily.

Sorry about that. Spark doesn't usually act like that. Well, since I'm here, may as "well introduce myself. Lolita Savanna, aspiring Trainer and part-time breeder. And I know you are Gary Oak, Ash Ketchum and...?"

A voice followed the Pikachu's arrival, and another girl approached. Keiru responded before Cassie could, and Ash stood and nudged his brother.

"Keiru, be nice.." he muttered. He looked back to Munchy then, "Of course I want him back. A journey's not the same without Munchy."

During the brief silence that followed, Cassie took the opportunity to introduce herself as well, speaking with a smile, "I'm Cassie. Nice to meet you."

A Corsola approached the group then, beginning to conversate with Pikachu, who, as always, responded cheefully, excited to see his old friends.

"Ash! Long time no see! You've been making quite a name for yourself, I hear."

Ash looked up from the Corsola to see a familiar redhead approaching.

"Misty! It really has been awhile." He smiled, "I take it you were actually good enough to get into the tournament too?"

Pikachu rolled his eyes at Ash's statement. Even after all of this time, Ash still picked at Misty. Some things never changed.

Not too long afterward, yet another girl appeared, whom Ash didn't quite recognize at first, until he spotted the exhausted Piplup she scooped up. However, it wasn't long at all that she stayed with the group; almost as soon as Ash opened his mouth to respond, she ran off to join Brock and another group up ahead.

"She doesn't slow down, does she? They say Pokemon become like their trainers, but I think she's become more like her Pachirisu." Gary commented, crossing his arms.

Ash laughed. "Seems so..."

Kiseki Kagami and Aden
Vermillion City Docks

Kiseki's face flushed at Ieyaso's words, and he gave him a silent glare as he walked away, yelling at him mentally. It wasn't likely that he'd get the blush to go away easily now - it was always like this around Ashleigh...

Regardless, he looked back to the blonde. "That's cool. I've been pretty well, I guess you could say. Some of Ichiru's Pokemon caught some sort of virus, so he had to stay home to care for them...aside from that, everything's been alright." A somewhat awkward silence fell then, Kiseki becoming unable to think of anything else to say.

Pachirisu suddenly jumped down from her trainer's shoulder, looking at something behind him and chattering excitedly. Kiseki turned around to see a Flareon standing at his feet. The Fire-type simply grinned at him, brushing up against his leg happily. Kiseki appeared obviously confused until someone spoke, directing his attention away from the Flareon.

"Kiseki?"

"Aden?!" Kiseki's emerald eyes clearly showed his surprise as the red haired teen approached.

Aden smirked. "Fancy seeing you here. I thought Ichiru would be the one to make it into something like this. D'you steal his invite or something?"

"No," Kiseki spat, glaring at the other boy. "I got an invite of my own!"

"Chill out, I was just joking." Aden chuckled at Kiseki's defensive reaction. "You're still just as easy a target for tease. Haven't changed much at all, have you?"

Kiseki's response was a silent glare, which Aden ignored, crossing his arms. "Either way, it's nice to see you again. We'll have to catch up when there's time." His attention shifted to Ashleigh then, "Who might this be?"

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 09-14-2010, 02:10 AM
AKATheTitan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Douglas checked his watch, a furious glare on his face. The S.S. Aqua should have been docked at port over an hour ago, had it not been that for that storm. The tension within him was ripping his patience to shreds, and he could not wait much longer. Vermillion was still a good distance away, placing his arrival, at most, in another half hour. He twiddled his thumbs and glanced out over a railing towards the gentle aqua waters that had not so long ago being raging and turbulent. Before him, a mob of jubilant people played a variety of sports on the upper decks. Behind him, trainers of all ages challenged each other on the indoor courts. He had no intention of using them: it was unlikely that anyone on the boat would be a match for him, unless they were there for the same reason: the Tournament. He had received the invitation days ago- he remembered how ecstatic they’d been when they had opened the envelope. Now it seemed like a distant memory. He hadn’t realized up until now how alone he had felt since he had set off for Kanto: now that he knew, it tugged at him even more.

Some young children playing in a pool began getting rowdy and splashing water at each other, some of it getting on his pants. He scowled and stood up; having to undergo these distractions was unbearable. He turned and climbed the flight of stairs that led to the Trainer courts: at least there he would find something more entertaining than staring at the ocean. The sliding doors gave way for him at the top, and he stepped inside, located an empty bench a few aisles down, and returned to a semi-peaceful rest.

Across the fields, all types of Trainers were battling each other. A Bulbasaur against a Sandshrew. A Tyranitar and Weavile combatting a Charizard and Drapion. There were trainers full of youth, extroverted and rash, and more sophisticated, Ace Trainers, who went silent as their minds formulated strategies and gave orders to their Pokemon, expecting nothing short of the best. He glanced at his own belt, where his Rhyperior was bound tightly against his waist. They were close- as bonded as a Trainer and a Pokemon could be. He began to recollect their times together, and began visualizing their victory at the Silver Conference, against the then Johto Champion, one of the most feared Trainers at the time…

“This is it, Prom. It’s you versus that Venusaur. He may have the type advantage on you, but you’ve got Solid Rock to count on. All you need to do is get in close and use Megahorn. Grab on and don’t let go until it’s down, am I clear?”

“RHY!”
The Rhyperior snapped him a quick salute.

“All right, Prometheus, let’s show ‘em what we can do! Rhyperior, hold your ground!”

Prometheus froze and steeled himself, lifting his massive arms into a defensive position. The Venusaur launched an Energy Ball at the Rhyperior, clearly straining Prometheus despite the attack being mostly blocked. “All right Prom, Avalanche!”

Prometheus quickly regained its composure, forming a giant orb of jagged ice with the holes in its arms; After being struck, Avalanche was twice as powerful. The Rhyperior released the orb with such massive force that the individual fragments were but a blur. A dozen large chunks of ice slammed into the Venusaur, clearly harming it tremendously, but not dropping the behemoth. The Venusaur managed to pull itself together, and began drawing in sunlight for a deadly Solarbeam. It was too powerful as well as too accurate, and if that struck Prometheus, it would be over.

“All right Rhyperior, charge! NOW!”

“RHYYYY!”
Prometheus charged forward with surprising speed towards the Venusaur, closing the distance rapidly. The Solarbeam had nearly finished charging: he was almost out of time. “PROMETHEUS, MEGAHORN, NOW!”

“RHYPERIORRRRRRRR!” Prom’s horn glowed with a supernatural light and struck the Venusaur with massive force just as it let off its Solarbeam. Both Pokemon were caught in the blast and were sent sprawling together in a heap, his Rhyperior on the bottom of this pile. The winner was unclear, as both Pokemon were unable to move- a tense few seconds that seemed to last a lifetime drew all breath from the stadium. It looked as if it was to be a draw, when his Rhyperior recovered and slowly dragged itself out from beneath the Venusaur. It stumbled a few feet before collapsing to its knees, panting heavily. That had been a great moment: nay, the second greatest moment in his life. As he lifted up the trophy with his Rhyperior, he had felt an ecstasy like nothing else in his life. The third star on his Trainer card would forever be a memoir to this success. He had been offered the chance to become Johto’s new Champion, but he couldn’t handle the responsibility associated with the position; besides, he had wanted to settle down and start a new life in Olivine. That was when he-

“Attention all passengers, we are currently docking in Vermillion City. Those planning…”

He filtered out the rest of the intercom. He had heard what he needed to hear; Damn, time flew quickly. He unzipped his black jacket he had received from his father and swept his hair out of his eyes, then rose to his feet and exited the Trainer court along with many of the other passengers. He shielded his eyes from the blinding sunlight above. Once he had readjusted to the brightness, he gazed out on Vermillion- it was a beautiful city, basked in a radiant orange light. After quickly returning to his cabin to fetch his things, he disembarked with the other passengers off the cruise liner, and briefly flashed his Trainer card at security. He stepped out of the port onto the bustling piers of Vermillion, the wind blowing at his back like the start of a new journey.

Where to start… he thought to himself. The ferry that would take the competitors to this mysterious island the Tourney was to take place wasn’t set to leave yet, so he still had some time to spare. He’d poke around, maybe find and learn something about the other competitors before the competition. Know your enemy, know yourself…

He released Prometheus from his Pokeball, and the Pokemon grunted and snapped a salute. Douglas returned the salute with a smile, and the two marched down the docks, looking for at least someone he could recognize. After a few minutes of scanning the crowd upon his Rhyperior’s back, he finally found who he thought was Keiru Ketchum, a rather talented ex-champion of Hoenn and Kanto. He gracefully leapt down from Prometheus and skirted his way through the crowds, trying to pick up a snippet of conversation to confirm his suspicions.

"Ex-champion of Kanto and Hoenn, and the only trainer to be champion of two regions at once. And I care not for who YOU are.”

Yeah, that was Keiru, all right.

He weaved his way into the group of Trainers surrounding him, all of whom appeared to be engaged in deep conversation.

“Excuse me? Name’s Douglas.”
He displayed his Gold-Rank Trainer card briefly to confirm his identity. “You need no introduction, Keiru, you’re renowned enough to render that moot. I assume you and the rest of your friends are here for the Tourney?” He gestured slightly towards the rest of the group. “I’ve got time to kill before we have to leave, so I figured I drop in. Learn a bit about the competition, ya know?” He chuckled lightly. “Anyways, carry on! I don’t want to break the flow of conversation any more.”

//ARCH KNIGHTS OF ALTAIR\\
| We are the new day's sun, ascending towards the sky to vanquish the night's wretched darkness. It is our birthright to uphold the necessities of order and justice. With sword and scale in hand, we shall protect these virtues with our lives. |
Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 PM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

Devan Ketchum [Me] and Harrison
Vermillion City Docks

As I arrived at the dock in Vermillion City, I began looking around. My friend Harrison, who had been traveling with me, stood to my right. We scanned the premises. We weren’t really looking for anything or anyone in particular. It had just been a long time since we both had been here. Harrison put his left hand on my right shoulder. He was an inch or two taller than me, so I turned my head and looked up to see a smirk on his face.

“Well, do you think anyone will recognize you Mr. Pokemon Master?” Harrison questioned me. I smiled slightly and then looked forward and began walking; speaking as I did so.

“Not really,” I said in response. He shook his head, a bit taken back at my emotionless answer. Wasn’t my fault I was being honest. He asked me a question and I answered it truthfully. It had been so long since Ash had seen me and my appearance had changed quite a bit due to me maturing and working with Lance undercover. For some odd reason though, it seemed that women really didn’t care who I was, to them I was handsome and they wanted to talk to me. I must admit however if they were to find out I was the youngest trainer to ever become a Pokemon Master and was arguably the greatest there had ever been, they’d be all over me like white on rice.

My Pikachu Neo, who I wasn’t planning on having to compete in this tournament, stood on my left shoulder. A large smile on his face considering he had seen so many other Pikachu already. That just proved how much of a popular Pokemon his type was. So far, I didn’t see anyone I recognized. Except one person, but I knew since I looked different he wouldn’t recognize me at all. That person was Red. Yeah, I knew him from when I battled him a while back at Mt. Silver or something like that. It was after I had conquered the Elite Four, Indigo Plateau, and Johto League. If memory served me correctly, I defeated him. Unfortunately, it was a one on one battle. Neo versus his Pikachu. I was a bit surprised Neo hadn’t seen or smelt his Pikachu’s scent yet.

“I think that Ash and the others will definitely recognize you, Harrison. You know you still look pretty much the same,”
I said with a smirk. “I mean, who could forget the person that defeated him at the Johto League?”

Harrison folded his arms and nodded with a slight smirk upon his face, “Yeah, yeah, you’re right. Ash will recognize me and so will Gary, Misty and Brock. More than I can say for you though.”

I laughed slightly; knowing he was trying to be funny. We stopped after walking for a few by the rails; our backs turned to the water. We waited to see who would walk past. Harrison waited until he saw Ash and the others while I was checking out my competition as I had always done. One thing that stood me apart from other trainers that could have possibly given away who I was was my customized Pokeballs. I reached around my waist until I had grasped a Blue and Black Pokeball and once I did, I launched it high into the air. The ball popped open; and coming from it was a bright blue light which began to form in the shape of my Lucario named Auron.

“Well Auron, do you sense Ash or the others? I think Harrison is curious to know,”
I questioned my Pokemon whom I also considered to be my friend and partner.

Auron closed his eyes and began channeling his aura. His appendages slowly began to rise, and he began looking around the boat. Auron was a very special Lucario. Unlike most others, he had full control over his aura abilities. He knew how to speak telepathically, could see what was going on around him even if it was far away, and a lot of other things. I was blessed with this special ability as well as my younger brother Ash. Ash however didn’t have any control over his aura while Auron constantly trained me to learn more about mines. In return, I trained him to become one of the most powerful Pokemon there was, and we had won countless battles side by side.

“Well it seems that you’re in luck Harrison. Ash, Brock, Misty, and Gary are all here. And Devan, I would also like to inform you that your other brother is here as well as Crystal Momoyia, Max, Dawn, May, and a couple of others. Drew isn’t that far away from this location either. Seems like this will be very interesting!” Auron explained to the both of us. I smiled and turned around to look out into the beautiful ocean.

“Yeah, and you can believe it or not, but in my head, the tournament has already started.”

Last edited by ashketchum; 09-14-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Yana Rali
Vermillion Docks

I noticed a few other Trainers arrive. So far, no conversation, making it all the slightest more bearable. crowds were not my thing, and I just crossed my arms and held them close against my chest to hide my anticipation. Hide it from everyone but Bryn. She put a claw on my shoulder, giving me a look with the tilt of her single horned head. I rolled my eyes and looked away from her, saying nothing. Yeah it might have been easier on my psyche if I actually did try and make a conversation, however, having no social development for the last four years did something to you. I knew Bryn was being her motherly self but I just plain did not like people. I just listened around, boding my interest between conversations with just my hearing. I sat on a wooden post that held the dock up, eyes closed and looking as disinterested as ever with these people.

Some were rude, some acted like royalty, some, both. Oh how people could just plain irritate me with words. No, the very tone of their voice, how they stood, the little movements in their body language. It may have been unimportant details to others, but it was important to me. I could read people that way, a hard to acquire skill.

I heard a low, curious sound coming from Bryn’s throat. I opened my eyes and looked up, noticing a trainer and his Rhyperior in the distance. I looked at the Rhyperior from the other end of the dock. It was a well trained Rhyperior, something I would need to watch out for. I had my own Rhyperior, but he wasn’t with me, he was holding down the home fort back in Johto.

I then noticed another pair of Trainers, one that seemed familiar to me for some reason. I couldn’t put my finger on it, the dark blonde haired guy...or maybe it was light brown, I wasn’t sure. He seemed familiar, and I knew it was gonna bug me until I could figure out where I had seen him. Maybe he had passed through Mt. Silver before...or was it before then? I could barely remember anything before living in Mt. Silver. Very few trainers passed through that trial of nature. Fewer spent regular time of there, and even fewer stayed up there.

Well looping my own thoughts wasn’t gonna help. I shut my eyes and faced the boardwalk before anyone looked back at me. People could tell when they were being looked at. I could feel when people were watching me, but I ignored it as best I could. Honestly it was making be a bit anxious, I wanted to break away from this crowd badly. Bryn could tell and just rubbed my shoulder, trying to comfort me. Luckily my face didn’t show anything but disinterest, but that Lucario I also spotted would know otherwise.

“I really do not want to get on whatever boat we’re taking to this Island...I’d rather Surf next to it.” I spoke aloud, wondering who was the head of this organized event. “Sigh, only more waiting.”

Yes, I said the word ‘sigh’ rather than actually doing it half the time. It was an old habit, and everyone knows that old habits die hard. Just like my battling style habit. I couldn’t wait to throw it out to everyone on this dock.

OOC: FYI, the person Yana is talking about is Harrison.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Gentle Manne Offline
Amateur Trainer

Red and Araceli Sakaki
Vermilion City Docks

Maybe Red didn't recognize the trainer, but his Pikachu certainly recognized his Pikachu. He stayed quiet about it, though, since he felt Red probably wasn't in the mood to go over past battles, though a couple were worth mentioning and remembering.

After about 6 years on Mt. Silver with no one but passerby trainers looking for a battle and his pokemon, Red found connection with all of them. Sometimes, he didn't even have to tell them what he needed them to do.

His battle was Araceli was tough, but in the end, he lost. Was he losing his touch in battle? Was he, at all, prepared to for this tournament?

Doubting himself wouldn't make his chances of winning any better, though. He trained good and hard for this day with his partner. He was ready, willing, prepared to fight.

The rivers will run red.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:54 PM
UmbreonMoonlight Offline
Master Trainer

Lolita Savanna and Misty
Vermilion City Docks

Lolita glared at Keiru as he spoke. She knew him now as he introduced himself but she didn't know of him to be such a rude person. Even Misty saw that that was a bit harsh. "Well I know when I'm not wanted," she merely said with a smile. She looked to Misty, Ash and Gary. "Well it was nice to meet such famous people but I guess I should be going. I'll see you at the tournament!" she said, acting surprisingly happy and calm after Keiru's rude statement. "Cmon Spark! Let's go check out the ship," she said. Spark looked from his conversation with his literal identical twin and waved goodbye to Pikachu, bounding over to Lolita and climbing up onto her shoulder. She then walked away from the group.

Misty then looked at Keiru and would have given him a slap across the face if it wasn't for Ash speaking to her. She gave that famous Misty Gyarados glare at Ash, her cheeks puffed up like a Jigglypuff as she put one hand on her hip. "Excuse me Mr. Ketchum but I actually was. I'm surprised you're here. I thought they only allowed world class trainers here," she said, putting an emphasis on world class. Corsola looked at her trainer and smiled, knowing her trainer hadn't changed about how she treated Ash. Then Misty looked at Keiru as she remembered what happened earlier and pulled on his ear much like she used to with Brock.

"And you, sir, should be much kinder to women and ladies. I don't care who you are or even if you're Ash's brother, you still should show some respect," she said, letting go of his ear. She turned her back to Keiru and looked at Max and May now. "Ash is right, you have gotten taller. That's great to hear your progress. How have you and May been?" she asked.

Meanwhile, Lolita went onboard the ship, stopping at a railing and crossing her arms on it as she leaned on the railing, looking out to sea. Spark jumped down from her shoulder and frowned, patting her. "Pika pi..." he said sadly. Lolita merely smiled at the electric mouse. "Nah, I'm fine, Spark. I just thought it would be fun to meet such famous people but after that rude comment from Keiru I don't think I want to see him unless I'm battling him," she said, not noticing the other two people nearby. Then Lolita had an idea.

"Hey Spark... do you remember when I told you about that one famous Pokemon Master that's practically been forgotten? I just realized that Keiru and Devan are related to Ash since I never thought about it until now. In any case, back to the point. Since this tournament is for pretty powerful trainers, don't you think they'd invite Devan to this tournament?" she asked, looking at Spark. Spark perked up his ears and nodded. She smiled at Spark. "I would say we should see if he is in the crowd but I doubt we can spot him after so many years passing by from when he decided to I guess, stop battling," she said. Spark's ears drooped. "Pikachu..." he said sadly. Lolita ruffled up his fur on top of his head. "Don't worry, if we don't meet him here, we'll probably meet him on the battlefield and then we can really test our skills and our bond!" she said, pushing herself off of the railing and curling her hands into fists. "Pika pi!" Spark cried, making the same motion with his fists. "Look out world because Lolita Savanna will not stop until she becomes a Pokemon Master!" she said.

Drew and Dawn
Vermilion City Docks

Drew looked around at the crowd of people, his Roserade by his side as usual. He was just approaching the docks now and was wondering if May was good enough to actually be sent an invite to this. However, his competitive side took over as he thought No way... She's probably still trying to win Top Coordinator somewhere. As was per usual, a crowd of ladies were following him. "Oh Drew is so great! He'll definitely wipe the floor at this contest no matter what may be thrown at him!" one called out. "Plus, he's so dreamy, he can just look at his competition and they'll flee from him!" another called out.

Drew sighed and then smiled, him and his Roserade turning in unison to the women, a rose in his hand as he flicked his hair with the other. "Thanks for cheering me on ladies. Now, I have to be going. It is time for me to show these people at the competition what true power and beauty is," he said, throwing the rose at the women. They all jumped for the rose as Drew turned around, once again his Roserade in unison with him as he walked toward the docks. As he looked around the crowd to spot some familiar faces, spot one he did. Oh great, May made it here, too. Maybe she actually was good enough, he thought with a smirk. With that, he took another rose out and headed toward May, Max, Ash and the others.

Meanwhile Dawn conversed with Brock. She squatted down and took a look at the Houndena. "Oh wow, that's cool! Does it have a pokedex entry?" she asked, taking out her own pokedex and flipping it open to answer her own question. "No data available," the almost feminine mechanical voice spoke. She flipped it closed and put it away. "I guess not! Either way, that's an awesome Pokemon you have there. A bit scary though," she said as she stood up. If this is anime style, a sweat drop would appear on her forehead as she gave a bit of a nervous-scared look.

She then smiled at Brock. "Oh hey! Why don't you come over and see Ash?! I didn't get to say hi to the poetry man's son nor have a conversation with Ash yet," she said. Yes, she still sometimes called Gary the "poetry man's son". "Cmon Brock!" she said, grabbing his hand and dragging him toward Ash, only to stop as she noticed Drew walking up to the group. "Oh my gosh, it's Drew!" she cried, instantly recognizing him.

"Oh my gosh, it's Drew!" Drew heard the familiar cry and he stopped in his tracks, looking toward the voice only to see Dawn come running up to him. "Drew you're like, the most awesome coordinator! I've seen plenty of your competitions and your Pokemon are just awesome!" she said, taking out a book from her backpack. "Can I get your autograph?" she asked. Drew just stared, a bit dumbfounded at first at Dawn before recognizing her as well from competitions he watched.

"Sure. But I should say it's a honor to see you, Dawn. You've made a name for yourself as well. But I'm not going to lose to you in this tournament," he said as he signed the book. He handed the book back to Dawn and Dawn looked over at May as she spotted the rose while putting the book away. She looked at Drew and smirked. "Is that rose for May?" she asked, quickly gathering the impression.

Drew flushed a little and shook his head, regaining his cool. "No way... this rose is for her Beautifly, if she decided to bring it to this competition. If not, it can go to one of her other Pokemon," he said, smiling. Dawn merely nodded her head slowly. "Uh huh... anyway let's go say hi!" she said, now dragging Drew instead of Brock. Drew was dragged along much to his surprise. Apparently, not even famous people got enough time to talk to Dawn.

Dawn and Drew approached the group and she smiled at Gary. "Hey Gary! Long time no see! Have you made any new poetry?" she asked. Drew merely looked at everyone and flicked his hair, his eyes going to May. He approached her and handed the rose to her with a smirk. "I honestly didn't think you would make it to this competition. Congratulations," he said with that same cocky attitude he always had.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Gary Oak/Brock/Max/Lucy/Robert Masters
Vermilion City Docks

Brock chuckled a bit to Dawn. "I doubt it. You see, this is the very first of his kind. If the traits carry over, we may see a completely new species grow from this. If not, he'll be a once in a lifetime find. Professor Oak was notified, but since he was born a crossbreed between a Mightyena and Houndoom, there aren't any other pokemon out there like him." Brock commented before heading over to Misty, Ash and Max.

"Yup! In the leagues I did about as well as Ash had been, but in Orre, I completely blew the competition away!" Max bragged Gardevoir gave a sigh and tilted her head. She never liked seeing Max get too big of an ego. Max took the hint and chuckled a bit. "I guess I'm getting too full of myself, huh Gardevoir?" Max teased. As he looked up, he saw Drew. "Oh hey, it's Drew. Man, where did May scamper off to now? Probably out to one of the restaurants if I know her. I think her appetite is on par with Ash's." Max commented before heading over to talk to Drew.

"Hey Drew, so you got an invite too? That's awesome. I got an invite to this tournament along with my sis." Max spoke with a friendly tone of voice.

Brock and Lucy found their way to the main group, just as Max headed off. "Ash, Misty. And Pikachu, you're looking healthy as ever. How've you two been?" Brock spoke with a friendly tone of voice. Lucy looked over to Ash. "Good to see you again Ash. It's been a while since you battled with me for the Luck symbol in the Battle Frontier." Lucy spoke calmly.

Gary smiled as Brock came up. "Hey Brock." he greeted before looking at Dawn with a confused look upon his face. "I think you're mistaking me for my gramps. He's the poetry guy." Gary responded.

Robert's eyes saw Drew as he entered the field. So far he was the only coordinator to give him a truly intense battle, in which he and his Milotic ultimately lost by a single point to Drew in Hoenn. Robert approached Drew, who was with May and a young boy. "Good to see you here Drew. And you as well May. It looks like this tournament is going to shape up to be quite an intense competition." Robert spoke as his Lucario and Zoroark stood beside him.

Last edited by Mewcario; 09-15-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Keiru Ketchum
Vermillion City Dock

Keiru stepped backwards, avoiding the arm of Misty.

"I am far too old to be caring for how I speak to others." Keiru frowned. "And if you try that again, I will take you down."

Keiru's glare meant he would, he was not bluffing, or even attempting to lie. It was the outright truth. If Misty tried that again, he would take her off her feet, literally, and slam her to the ground.

Ieyaso Tobakuri
Vermillion City Docks

“I really do not want to get on whatever boat we’re taking to this Island...I’d rather Surf next to it.” (quote from sabi-chan)

Ieyaso's head turned at the speaker, raising an eyebrow.

"You do not like boats?" Ieyaso asked. "From the looks of you, you are... a natural survivalist? A trainer who stays in the wilds of the Pokemon world. Am I correct?"

Ieyaso gave a friendly smile.

"My name is Ieyaso Tobakuri." Ieyaso bowed his head slightly. "What is yours may I ask?"

Ashleigh
Vermillion City Docks

Ashleigh watched as a newcomer joined her and Kiseki, and noticed Kiseki glaring at the newcomer.

"And why may I ask, do you want to know why I am here?" Ashleigh asked, before looking back at Kiseki. "You should of come with me Kiseki, I had an amazing adventure. I even caught a new team, but I just couldn't stand going without my team."

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.

Last edited by Kaioo; 09-15-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:45 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

Ash Ketchum and Cassandra Evans
Vermillion City Docks

Lolita and Misty didn't seem to be hitting it off very well with Keiru, but there didn't seem to be much Ash could do about it at this point. He sighed at Misty and Keiru's comments to each other, proceeding to simply stick his tongue out at the redhead's "world class trainers" remark.

Drew had arrived as well, and Ash spotted May not too far off as the green haired boy approached her. Dawn seemed to be bouncing from person to person, much like her Pachirisu would. It looked like Gary was right...

"Ash, Misty. And Pikachu, you're looking healthy as ever. How've you two been?"

Ash turned to see Brock had now approached them, as well as Lucy, who spoke calmly as well after Brock. He smiled at the two in greeting, instantly taking notice of Brock's calm state - he wasn't chasing down every female in sight for once. Had something happened over time to make him settle down?

"Brock, Lucy! Long time no see," he smiled, looking at each in turn. "How've you been?"

Kiseki Kagami and Aden
Vermillion City Docks

"Just curious..." Aden looked at Ashleigh as she spoke, his expression lightening. "It's obvious why we're all here; I just wanted your name."

Kiseki relaxed slightly, lowering his defenses. He looked back to Ashleigh when she spoke to him, the smile returning to his face.

"I would have, if I'd have known you guys were going on an adventure...it would've been really fun. You'll have to show me your new team sometime."

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Crystal Momoyia and Stephanie Shantez
Vermillion City Docks
Crystal patted Stephanie's shoulder once she was back on the dock. She then leaned in and whispered, "Good luck with Arya," before she saw a large, 3'3" tan feline run off of the ferry and towards the teens. The blue haired girl got off of the railing and met the black trimmed eared, curly tailed Classy Cat Pokémon. The feline only nodded, and that was all the middle Momoyia sibling needed.

She then jumped onto the railing, holding onto the streetlight as she looked over the crowd. She saw a lot of familiar faces, like Brock, Lucy, Ash, Misty, Gary, Max, Devan, Keiru, and Yana, but also she noticed that there were new faces as well. Looking over the crowd, she noticed that not everyone had arrived. She would give them more time to arrive before setting sail, but she decided to get the party started.

"All of those wishing to partake in the Elite Tournament, please allow me your attention!" Crystal started, waiting a moment before continuing. "It is an honor and pleasure to welcome you all to the first Elite Tournament. For all who have no idea who I am, I am Crystal Momoyia, current Kanto league champion. I am pleased to see two other champions in our group. We have current Johto league champion, Stephanie Shatnez, and Keiru Ketchum, the champion from Sinnoh. I am also pleased to see gym leaders like Brock from Pewter City, an Cerulean City's gym leader, Misty.This will be an exciting experience for all, but we are not competing for titles. My older sister and I only wish to bring Trainers together to get to know each other and their Pokémon."

"Alright, Crystal, quit stalling," Stephanie said, crossing her arms.

"Alright. Now, the tournament is taking place on a private island owned by my family. Keynoma, my older sister, is using it for Pokémon study. This is the reason we asked you all to meet here. If you look closely, the ship has an inclosed dock area with dark tinted windows. We are doing this to protect the location of the island, so everyone must get on the ship to take part. Once we have arrived, no one leaves until the tournament comes to a close. As soon as we board the ship, the Elite Tournament shall begin. Any questions?" Crystal spoke with confidence and authority. True, she was a contender in the tournament, but she was also a judge.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 09-16-2010 at 04:43 PM.