Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 AM
poketrainer1 Offline
New Trainer

Default Can someone rate my team please?

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I play Fire Red, and my team is below. Can someone please rate it?

By the way I have the first 4 badges.

PIDGEOTTO LV 29
Fly
Aerial Ace
Wing Attack
Quick attack

IVYSAUR LV 29 (from a trade)
Sleep powder
poison powder
leech seed (hoping to get giga drain or solar beam)
razor leaf

VAPOREON LV 30
Water pulse
bite
growl (Hoping to get Surf)
quick attack (Hoping to get Ice beam)

KADABRA LV 33
Confuson
recover
disable
psybeam

GRAVELER LV 33
rollout
magnitudr
self destruct
rock tomb

CHARMELEON LV 34
ember
flamethrower
scratch
metal claw.

Obviously there are some moves which need changing, which will improve as my levels increase. I was wondering. is there a need for pidgeotto? Is it worthwhile teaching FLY to Charizard once it evolves? That way I can get another type of pokemon.

Can someone identify my weaknesses and where i need to improve on?

THanks in advance
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Reflection Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Can someone rate my team please?

Note: I am rating based on what I would use at END GAME. So I'm rating your Pidgeotto as if it were a Pidgeot, etc, etc. I will include everything you want and more. (: If you don't understand, just ask. ^^;

1. Pidgeot (80 Atk, 91 Speed) is weaker than Fearow (90 Atk, 100 Speed), so if you REALLY want one of the generic Flying/Normals, go with him. Charizard is perfectly fine with Fly though. (:

Pidgeot:
~ Steel Wing
~ Return
~ Aerial Ace | Fly
~ Quick Attack | HP Ground

Ew, ew, ew. Fearow is better in every way. (:

Fearow:
~ Double Edge
~ Drill Peck | Fly
~ Steel Wing
~ Quick Attack | HP Ground | Hyper Beam

Fearow is one of the only Pokemon I'd ever legit throw Hyper Beam on. He gets STAB, and he is already VERY strong with his base 90 Atk and 100 Speed, so he could put it to use very quickly. He's also EXTREMELY fragile, another reason I would give it to him. He wouldn't live for the recharge most likely.

2. Venasaur is going to be a stalling type Pokemon, cause that's really what he's good at. Amazing Def/SpDef and grand healing moves.

Venasaur:
~ Sleep Powder
~ Leech Seed
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Synthesis | Giga Drain

OR

~ Sunny Day
~ Solar Beam
~ Sleep Powder
~ Sludge Bomb (Exggutar pulls this off WAY BETTER.)

3. Vaporeon is first off, my favorite Pokemon ever! :3 Also one of the few Bulky Waters that focuses on Hp rather than Def/SpDef like Skowking, Lapras, Dewgong, etc. Wonderful Pokemon if used right, if used wrong, it sucks very badly.

~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
~ Bite
~ Quick Attack

Surf and Ice Beam are wonderful and I THINK that Dark is Special in this gen, although I forget sometimes. ;~; Quick Attack is priority for when you don't quite OHKO. You could always drop Bite/Quick Attack for Protect/Toxic Stalling combo. (: Her Hp and SpDef allows you to do so.

4. Alakazam (If you evo it, and if you don't, it's still decent.) if wonderful with his Speed/SpAtk. It's like the SpAtk form of Fearow really, cept even more fragile.

Alakazam/Kadabra:
~ Recover
~ Psychic
~ Fire Punch
~ Thunder/Ice Punch | Shadow Ball | Shock Wave

5. Another one that you might not be able to evo. >>; Oh deary. I don't really like the generic Rock/Ground because they suck and are slow. Speed is VERY important in this game. They lack it, so I hate em. Sorry. D: If you want to EVER get rid of it, I suggest Aerodactyl or Dugtrio. <3

Golem/Gravler:
~ Explosion
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake
~ Double Edge

6. I have already said you can throw Fly on Charizard, so you should look something like this by endgame.

Charizard:
~ Dragon Claw
~ Flamethrower
~ Fly
~ Anything can go here, as his movepool blows very badly. Earthquake? Body Slam? Double Edge? Hidden Power?

Any decent Water/Ice type could destroy your team. Since the FIRST Elite Four person is a decent Water/Ice user, you might want to think about throwing a Electric onto your team. You could also use other Pokemon that learn those moves, ie: Lapras, Starmie. Other than the lack of Electric attacks, you are pretty set. Giving Alakazam Shock Wave or ThunderPunch is a MUST if you don't grab a Lapras/Starmie/Eletric type. (: Good luck and have fun!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:38 AM
poketrainer1 Offline
New Trainer

THanks so much for your reply. I just defeated the ELite four, in just over 27 hours. My team is now:

KADABRA LV 52
Psybeam
FOcus Punch
Psychic
Recover

VENUSAUR LV 51
Sleep Powder
ROck Smahs
Leech seed
Razor leaf

CHARIZARD LV52
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Blast Burn
Fly

GRAVELER LV51
Rollout
Magnitude
Earthquake
Strength

VAPOREON LV 52
Surf
Bite
Aurora Beam
Hydro Pump

DRAGONAIR LV53
Thunder
Dragon rage (will change to outrage)
Ice Beam
Blizzard

My vaporeon bascally beat the ELite four by itself- I love it!!

Can you think of any ways of improvement? Im now up to the Sevii islands....

THanks again for your help :)
Old 09-14-2010, 12:49 AM
CaRdIaC Offline

Hmmm... That's a really good team, if I were you though, I would get rid of rock smash on venasuar as soon as possible...I hate bad hm's on my team. And are you going go evolve your graveler and kadabra? and one more thing, I had blizzard on my dragonite...it doesnt work out so well...I don't know what it is but I don't like them with it. But otherwise, this is a really good team set up.

I need Shiny Pokemon and all event pokemon! Pm Me to trade
FC 3997 3492 5293
Closed Thread