Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:37 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default [DS] A New Pokémon Journey: The Elite Tournament [DS]

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 09-11-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: [DS] A New Pokémon Journey: The Elite Tournament [DS]

Can't wait for this to start

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I'll get it started as soon as I can, Kaioo.

Also, I just want to make something clear right now before the RP starts. During battle scenes, I have had problems with godmodding. So that has lead me to this decision. When we come across battle scenes during the tournament that are for the tournament (side battles that I am not apart of are a different story) I will have to ask that the participants to not say whether or not their attack or dodge was a success or a failure. My character Keynoma is not a participant, but the judge of the tournament, so the battle will be as she sees it. I don't want people godmodding, so I'll decide if the attack missis or hits or if your Pokemon had a successful dodge. I will be far to everyone, but I don't want uberly long battle scenes.

And another thing, I said there are going to be twits and turns during the tournament. This means that the Elite Tournament is not like any normal tournament you see in the anime, and what that means is that there won't always be battles to decide if your character moves on to the next round. I'm sure that will become clearer as the RP goes on. If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer the best I can, without giving too much of the surprise away that is.

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-06-2010, 01:44 PM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

Haha, this role play is going to be good.

Hopefully there won't be any drama from other RPers...
Old 09-06-2010, 04:45 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I sure hope so, ashketchum. With both of the things you said. I can see this RP being good, but I don't want any drama.

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Double post, bad, I know *slaps hand*, but I need to get a few things out.

First, I sincerely apologize for not getting this started yet, but with RL problems with my internet, I could loose it at any moment so there are going to be a few days to where I'm not going to sign on.

Also, for battle scenes, I have rethought about it and I have come up with a solution. The role players in that battle scene can say whether or not an attack hits or misses, but the judge (aka me) can see that a "missed" attack actually left a scratch or some sort of affect on the dodging Pokemon. Here's an example. Role player A is controlling my character Crystal and role player B is controlling my character Stephanie. I'm controlling Keynoma, who is the judge for the tournament. It's Crystal's Persian versus Stephanie's Espeon. Crystal has Persian use Thunderbolt and Espeon dodges, countering with a Psybeam that hits. However, Keynoma notices that even though the Thunderbolt didn't truly hit Espeon, some of the electricity transferred to Espeon's hind leg. As Persian is recovering from the Psybeam, Stephanie has Espeon use Quick Attack, but after Espeon starts to run, her hind leg that got hit by some of the electricity from the Thunder Bolt became paralyzed, leaving her open for a counter attack from Persian. Because of this, I don't want there to be nonstop posting until one of the role players say that their Pokemon finally faint. I want to be able to have Keynoma watch the battle in detail to see if she can notice anything like in the situation I just gave. This will (hopefully) keep the battles from getting too long. I don't want two full pages of just two Pokemon battling and not getting anywhere.

I believe what I just explained is like anime-style battling. I want to mainly incorporate that, but there are some things from game-style battling I want to be apart of battles as well. Mainly what I want from game-style is that some attacks will not affect some Pokemon. Role player A has a Mareep and role player B has a Whooper. Mareep uses Thundershock on the Whooper, and it being part water-type should be affective, yes? Wrong. Whooper is also part ground-type, so because of that the Thundershock has no affect whatsoever. Electric-type moves will have no affect on any ground-type or rock-type Pokemon. Ground-type moves will have no affect on flying-type Pokemon as well. Now, one more pairing. Normal-type and ghost-type Pokemon, their attacks will not affect each other if the normal-type uses normal-type moves and if the ghost-type uses ghost-type moves. That battle will pretty much be a stalemate unless the two know other types of moves.

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 09-08-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:48 PM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

I know this will probably sound really jerkish, but I don't think I'll be able to be in this RP. ^^' I haven't been very active the last few days because I've been busy with stuff, and I have to catch up a bit with these other RPs. There's also the fact that I don't think I can read through all of those posts. Sorry. ^^
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolty Jolteon View Post
I know this will probably sound really jerkish, but I don't think I'll be able to be in this RP. ^^' I haven't been very active the last few days because I've been busy with stuff, and I have to catch up a bit with these other RPs. There's also the fact that I don't think I can read through all of those posts. Sorry. ^^
It's alright. If you can't be a part of the RP, I understand. Just tell me and I'll take you off the list.

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I read the battling thing here, and I'm not sure if this is the same thing but this is how I've always done it.

I've had battles where I make a move, and my opponent decides whether it hits or not, and vice versa. Dually noted that my opponent can god mod by it having the situation that none of my moves hit, but we all know that's modding. I've done courtesy battling where dodging is allowed for so long until you are required to take a hit. I mean sometimes, you do not see things coming, let's be honest.

Of course this was judgeless battles so I'm wondering in the case of non-tournament battles, this would happen?
Old 09-13-2010, 05:43 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

For non-tournament battling, then what you described is what will happen. But if I notice that one of the players is being unfair, I will intervene. In the tournament battles, since my character Keynoma created the tournament, she will also judge battles alongside Crystal when she isn't in a battle. But keep in mind, I said there were twists and turns, so ways to go up in the tournament may not be just battles, or battles may have certain rules that you have to play by. As one of my friends (Pyroboy) have said, I am going to be evil in this RP. X3

Crystal

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Gentle Manne Offline
Amateur Trainer

I dunno what to post anymore, are we gonna start heading to the island today?

The rivers will run red.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Crystal closed off the SU thread, and I know she was going to make a post regarding my character's entry so I'm thinking we are.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Gentle Manne Offline
Amateur Trainer

Oh, great! Can't wait for the battles.

The rivers will run red.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:41 PM
ashketchum Offline

Send a message via ICQ to ashketchum

Gee, I’m not good enough to be notified personally of when something starts?

Haha, nah I’m playing. I easily read through each post and then just got my post up.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashketchum View Post
Gee, I’m not good enough to be notified personally of when something starts?

Haha, nah I’m playing. I easily read through each post and then just got my post up.
Nah, part of the tournament rules state you gotta just KNOW when these things happen. Yah...