Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Blank Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Blank's Nuzlocke Log [RBY]

Hi everyone! :3 Many people have heard of the Nuzlocke challenge. It's a much harder (and more emotional ;-;) way to play the Pokemon games. I have never played a Nuzlocke game before, so I decided to try it out with my old Pokemon Red game cartridge. The rules I played by were-

1] Once a Pokemon has fainted, it has died.

2]You may only catch one Pokemon per route.

3] All Pokemon must be nicknamed.

4] Pokemon Centers are the only means of healing.

5] Set battle style.

6]Once all your Pokemon have died, it's game over.

Thanks for reading! :3

---

Current Team

[Skittles] Charmander -> Charmeleon

[Wispa] Pidgey -> Pidgeotto

[Twix] Caterpie -> Metapod -> Butterfree [RIP]

[Jello] Jigglypuff

[Swedish Fish] Magikarp

[Licorice] Paras -> Parasect

---

RIP Twix

---

Last edited by Blank; 09-01-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Blank Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Blank's Nuzlocke Log [RBY]

Day 1

I LOST MY SILVER T^T

So I'll play through Red, lul.

-----

- My starter is Charmander, woo! :D I decide to name the guy "Skittles" since it's a delicious candy and I wub them. :3

Uh, let's see... Well, Gary's Squirtle was just... lul, terrible. I take the guy's money and happily do Oak's errand and HOLY **** I'M ALMOST DEAD D:

Huh. It seems that Skittles can only take so many Pidgey gusts and Caterpie tackles. D:

Oh, yay. A chance to catch Pokemon on route 22. Unfortunately, I KO the poor wittle Mankey with a crit. Stupid Skittles! D:< *slaps*

Hey look, I'm on Route 2- HEY LOOK A PIDGEY. LEVEL FIVE. CATCHIT CATCHIT NOW. I catch it. xD Skittles, you are forgiven.

Now, what shall I name you...? Hm, I would name you Aero to continue the candy theme but that sounds too obvious... D: Oh! I know. Wispa, since it tastes like Aero. x3

Erm. Now I'm in Viridian Forest. I find a Caterpie, which I happily catch. Twix. >:3

So, I start to grind a bit. I'm just happily killing stuff, running back to the Pokemon Center at times, rinse, repeat. :3 I'm really happy, Twix has become a Metapod ;_; So proud...

ATM, I have:

[Twix] Caterpie -> Metapod

Last edited by Blank; 09-01-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:21 PM
atucker22 Offline

That sounds like a very difficult challenge!! Good luck ever defeating the Elite Four haha
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Blank Offline
Experienced Trainer

Lolyeah. That'll be borderline impossible, I'm sure. D:

Alright, done grinding, let's go- Oh, wait, moar wild pokemons. D: Well, let's see. Weedle Weedle Caterpie Weedle Weedle FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU POISONED METAPOD

Bah. I'm stuck smack in the middle of Viridian Forest and Twix is poisoned. I know he won't make it already. And so, there's nothing I can do but watch as Twix's life slowly fades away. And he was almost a Butterfree, too! D:

Well, I figure that I should at least evolve Twix before he passes, so I find a Caterpie and mash it to pieces. I really almost started crying when I saw that he had evolved. About 5 steps after, he dies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ;_______________________;

---

Well, I'm in Pewter City now and I'm totally clueless as to what I should do. Both Skittles and Wispa won't like facing Brock so much, and I really have NO IDEA what to do. D:

So, what do I do?

GRINDGRINDGRINDGRINDGRIND. Hell yeah.

Skittles is now a level 20 Charmeleon. Wispa is a level 20 Pidgeotto.

GOOD. Somehow I made it through that Gym. :3 I'm rather proud, but now OSHIT MOUNT MOON. How am i gonna do this? D:

ATM:

[Twix] Caterpie -> Metapod -> Butterfree [RIP]

R.I.P to Twix. Friggin' Weedles. ;_; This Nuzlocke thing is seriously hard on the mind. Oh god, I'll probably be crying by the time I'm in Lavender Town. How am I supposed to get through the Pokemon Tower when Twix might be one of the ghosts? ;_____;
Old 09-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Blank Offline
Experienced Trainer

Oh. I forgot to say, I caught a Jigglypuff on Route 3. I kinda blindly threw Pokeballs at it until I caught it, since Skittles and Wispa are a bit Overleveled. Yeah, I need a Moon Stone. The Jiggly's name is... Uh, Jello. I'm really just sticking to sweet foods. xD

And then I also have my Magikarp which I bought from that salesman. KARP KARP I'M GONNA BE A BIG BOY SOON

Yeah, so my party ATM is:

[Skittles] Charmeleon

[Wispa] Pidgeotto

[Jello] Jigglypuff

[Swedish Fish] Magikarp

At the moment Wispa is looking like it'll be the strongest member of the team, with all of the Cerulean gym stuff going on. xD

Uh, yeah. I enter Mount Moon and djfsofaodfjiosidfjdasdfn

whoa. WHOA. THIS IS AWESOME. I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE EXISTANCE OF PARAS. GRIND WITH THIS DUDE FOR A BIT AND MISTY'LL BE A BREEZE. ALSO I ALREADY HAVE A FWG CORE. WELL, MAGIKARP IS KINDA BAD, BUT IT'LL EVOLVE. SO YAY. :3

Sorry, I overreacted. I'm really getting into this, huh. '3'

Anyways, let's welcome to the party....

[Licorice] Paras

:D

MOUNTMOONMOUNTMOON PARAS EVOLVED :D

MOUNTMOONMOUNTMOON oh look, a Helix Fossil. :3

---

Last edited by Blank; 09-01-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
eeveeluv Offline
Experienced Trainer

Oyay I love reading people's logs!

and poor Twix. </3

Oh and I have a question about the challenge: when a pokemon dies (D:) do you release it and catch another to take it's place, or does it stay in your party and waste a slot?
And also, does uh your mom healing your pokemon count as a pokemon center?

Last edited by eeveeluv; 09-02-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Closed Thread