Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-28-2010, 06:59 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: Dual-Forum Team RP Planning (Post if you’re interested)

Actually, I was working on that, having an artist on the GTS+ work on it.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
Actually, I was working on that, having an artist on the GTS+ work on it.
I think someone from GTS should do the GTS banner for the GTS team, and someone from Pe2k does the Pe2k banner for the Pe2k team..

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 PM
NES2 Offline

This is just a general all-purpose banner for now to raise awareness for the project. When it's fully underway we will probably make banners for both sides.

Now let's bring up the issue of sign-ups. I'm not sure whether it would be better sign-up on your own respective forum or on the forum we use for the meet, so I'm going to raise the question here and take a show of hands. Who's up for seperate Sign-ups on each site?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Giratina Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
they actually force you to take a quiz based on the rules before your account can be validated.
...?

That never happens on the forum hosts that I'm familiar with - ProBoards being the prominent one, with ZetaBoards as well. But if you want to host it on an already established forum, I guess we could have it on one... though that would require everyone who's not on the other forum to make an account that will likely never be used again, and I don't think that will sit well with the mods and admins of GTS+.

Instead of a banner, perhaps we could have a little image or text under one's username and rank that says "Crossplay Participant - PE2K Side" or something. I've seen it done on some other forums, so...

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 08-28-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:11 PM
NES2 Offline

Actually, I contacted a few admins/mods on the GTS+, he's going to help us set this up so it works. Anyways, we'll sort that out later.

Last edited by NES2; 08-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
...?

That never happens on the forum hosts that I'm familiar with - ProBoards being the prominent one, with ZetaBoards as well. But if you want to host it on an already established forum, I guess we could have it on one... though that would require everyone who's not on the other forum to make an account that will likely never be used again, and I don't think that will sit well with the mods and admins of GTS+.

Instead of a banner, perhaps we could have a little image or text under one's username and rank that says "Crossplay Participant - PE2K Side" or something. I've seen it done on some other forums, so...
I was thinking something along the lines of this:

This doesn't have to be official, but I figured I have yet to meet anyone who actually didn't like Latios/Latias, so I figured they would be good for this.

Basically, you put that in your sig and it shows you're an RPer from PE2K so people from GTS know you're their sworn nemesis (j/k, you know what I mean) and they know you're taking part in the Dual-Forum RP. Also, other people from PE2K know you're an ally and you're taking part in the RP. This also helps if we end up going to GTS and someone has to change their username because someone else on their forum took it already.

Unfortunately, only Ryan can change member titles, so we'd have to go with something like this if we host it here.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Giratina Offline

Hmm, fair point.
I'll need to change my signature again if I want to put a banner like that in there. :o It does look mighty nice, though.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Well, for a third party forum, there's always this...
Old 08-28-2010, 09:12 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:

This doesn't have to be official, but I figured I have yet to meet anyone who actually didn't like Latios/Latias, so I figured they would be good for this.

Basically, you put that in your sig and it shows you're an RPer from PE2K so people from GTS know you're their sworn nemesis (j/k, you know what I mean) and they know you're taking part in the Dual-Forum RP. Also, other people from PE2K know you're an ally and you're taking part in the RP. This also helps if we end up going to GTS and someone has to change their username because someone else on their forum took it already.

Unfortunately, only Ryan can change member titles, so we'd have to go with something like this if we host it here.
Well, looks like I am changeing my siggy again. *Click click*
Old 08-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Quote:

I like the banner.. that was a quick banner :P

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:22 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolty Jolteon View Post
This is kinda what I was talking about with me not being the most eperienced of RPers. I try my best not to mess up and stuff, I'm just not sure how other people would react. I'm not saying I go around all the time and put up a one-liner or something like that, I'm just not sure if people will be alright with someone like me who's only been RPing for two years. Like, if I was typing up my reply to the RP, and someone posted one second before me or something like that, then I'd have to go back and edit my post, and there's the fact someone might bash me or something like that before I'm done editing my post for accidentally posting right after that person and not including some sort of response or whatever.
Honestly, writing experience is a lot more important than RP experience. If you can write stories, if you have imagination, and if you have the ability to showcase character development you'll be fine.

And if you're still worried, we could run through a small 'practice' RP or something to develop 'Team Heads' or whatever the Fred Durst we're going to do.

And Rust ... silly forum is silly xD.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Honestly, writing experience is a lot more important than RP experience. If you can write stories, if you have imagination, and if you have the ability to showcase character development you'll be fine.

And if you're still worried, we could run through a small 'practice' RP or something to develop 'Team Heads' or whatever the Fred Durst we're going to do.

And Rust ... silly forum is silly xD.
Agreed. I can testify that the writing experience from RP/Fan Fiction on PE2K has helped MASSIVELY when it comes to work and school writing. Fun fact, I got a perfect 6.0 on the GMAT (90th percentile) on the writing section, proof that RPing is not only fun but quite beneficial as well. It opens your mind, helps you think outside the box, plan ahead, and greatly helps you with sentence formulation, creative thinking, and description.

So yeah, Jolteon, you've got nothing to lose, I strongly encourage you to give it a shot anyway. And if you're still worried, we're all open for advice and are willing to help you if you've got questions and concerns. Give it your best shot, we'll help you get even better.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Giratina Offline

Trust me when I say that it doesn't really matter if you think your stuff is horrible; three years after today you will be a much better writer, and look down on the stuff you written today with amusement and many repetitions of the phrase "Hold on, did I actually write that?" It happens. So it's important that you have fun learning about the English language and its use in ridiculous literary forum games, because you're only going to get better and then you can... uh, repeat the process?... yeah, I got no idea what I'm saying.

Anyway, do it do it do it!

(vpp da)
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Heads up notice:

After a coin toss, its been determined that we're going to host the RP on the GTS site (so the Team PE2K mini-banner might be handy in this case). In truth, the sign up process for GTS is pretty simple, and the quiz to validate your account honestly isn't that hard either. If you read the GTS rules (which we probably should be doing anyway), the answers are all there, and it only takes like two minutes to locate them and select the appropriate answer.

In the meantime, I've made quite a bit of progress with the RP sign up, its mainly the map that I need to do. I'll post it here when its ready to go.

This should be a lot of fun though, I'm looking forward to all PE2K RPers coming together as one united force.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 AM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan

I think we should make the banner a bit smaller. I was thinking something along these lines:

Sure, Neo's is really sexy, but I don't like something so big. I still want to be able to keep my stuff in my signature when I add it in.

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|

Last edited by Dylan; 08-29-2010 at 02:15 AM.