Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 08-28-2010, 04:56 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Dual-Forum Team RP Planning (Post if you’re interested)

Uhhh...I'm with Jolteon here. Plus the fact that school starts in four days, and the plot has not been decided yet, I'm not found of all plots. But because it is going towards Pokemon MD like, count me as a maybe. I would love to see who wins (Oh come on, I'm seeing this as sort of a war thing between us two sites) I'm going to message my friends about this! Good luck, PE2K members!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:33 PM
NES2 Offline

Now, the problem on the other end is getting mod support for this, though this can still run without them. Anyways, the other problem is where to run this bad boy. It is currently undecided as to whether this should run on PE2K, the GTS+, or a separate, third forum. It seems that the third forum is the best choice to me, but let's take a vote here.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Already gave my answer to Neo over IM a couple days ago, but still, good to post it.

I am DEFINITELY gonna participate in this as much as I can :3
Old 08-28-2010, 03:52 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Well, I probably wouldn't do it from GTS+ because, even if I do have an account, I don't go on much. I would say either here or on a third forum. If Tortera magic lets us, we might be able to do it on the Shadowmagic forums (I'm a Jr mod on there).
Old 08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Well, if a third forum is fine with us RPing there, then we can, but I don't see the need to complicate matters by involving another forum. If they don't have mod support on GTS, then we might as well do it here. If it's successful, we can alternate future RPs between the two forums.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 08-28-2010, 04:00 PM
NES2 Offline

No, third forum as in I find a free forum maker site and use it to create a forum just for the event. Sorry if that led to any confusion.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Sakuya_Izayoi Offline

I'll consider enlisting for PE2K.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan

It would probably go too fast for me. Like, there's gonna be a new post every hour and people our going to constantly skip your posts and act as if they weren't there. I would want to keep a low amount of roleplayers in it. Just the select few from PE2K and GTS. In addition, I'm not going to give names, but there are a couple people on PE2K who seem confident of their skills in roleplaying but could cause alot of disruption. I so desperately wish to be clear with you guys what I mean by that, but if I did you'd all see me as Dylan-that-pissy-kid-who-is-a-jerk-to-new-roleplayers. I shouldn't be saying this anyway. Nevermind.

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|

Last edited by Dylan; 08-28-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:06 PM
NES2 Offline

True, but the more people join the more likely the actually RP lasts for more than 20 pages. And that is what I want.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Giratina Offline

I could definitely do something like this... ignoring the fact that I'm also a member of GTSPlus. XD Though I'll be supporting PE2K just because it's the first forum I ever joined and I love you guys. lets just pretend the war rp never happened y/y?

Quote:
In addition, I'm not going to give names, but there are a couple people on PE2K who seem confident of their skills in roleplaying but could cause alot of disruption.
I'm agreeing with you, Dylan. Even though we do have a bunch of roleplayers who have been not-so-good in the past but seem to have improved, there are still people who don't do the best job at working in our skill level. We may need to get a sign-up moderator going who isn't afraid to reject people if they don't meet a certain skill or competence level, or seem to be good but have been unpleasant in past roleplays - of course, I'm not excused from this, considering my glorious track record XD. I do like the middle-ground forum idea; someone can go on ProBoards, make a new board called "PE2K and GTS+ The Crossplay" or something, have people sign up there, and members can easily be designated between PE2K and GTS+ by way of classes, signature banners, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
I say when this thing goes down we rally to get all the great RPers that are doing PvE RPs now -- I'm looking at you Giratina, Winter Cherry, etc.
Wait, I'm a great roleplayer? When did this happen?!?

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 08-28-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:54 PM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

This is kinda what I was talking about with me not being the most eperienced of RPers. I try my best not to mess up and stuff, I'm just not sure how other people would react. I'm not saying I go around all the time and put up a one-liner or something like that, I'm just not sure if people will be alright with someone like me who's only been RPing for two years. Like, if I was typing up my reply to the RP, and someone posted one second before me or something like that, then I'd have to go back and edit my post, and there's the fact someone might bash me or something like that before I'm done editing my post for accidentally posting right after that person and not including some sort of response or whatever.

I don't have an account on GTS+, although I'd probably be willing to make one for this RP. I vote for either here or a third forum, though. It just seems like a better way to me, and like some of you have said, there's the factor of mod-support.

As for ideas, I have no clue what we should do :/
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 08-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Giratina Offline

Jolty, you worry too much. It isn't often that people bite your head off for making a late post, and if you do just edit with an OOC note apologizing. They'll give you time to edit it - if it needs to be edited at all. To be honest with you, I've only been roleplaying on PE2K for about a year now - all of my experience came from Neopets and one wonderful, wonderful canon roleplay troupe. And you weren't one of the people I was thinking of when I said that; I checked out some of your previous posts, and even if you don't write the longest ones in the world they still look totally acceptable! ^^

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 08-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I wouldn't worry about it going too fast before it's even started...

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 08-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

So far, NES2 and I have made some pretty considerable progress with the storyline. Its still being worked on, but we've come up with some pretty interesting ideas.

A few things that seem pretty certain are that it will be an all Pokemon RP with no humans, similar to the kind of world that the Mystery Dungeon Series has. In light of that, it will also be taking place in an entirely new world, and I'll be making the map for that.

Personally, I think it would be better if we either host it here or there as opposed to creating a whole new forum for this. Only thing is about hosting it there is that its actually a bit annoying to create an account there after doing it myself. Besides the usual stuff picking an account name and so on, they actually force you to take a quiz based on the rules before your account can be validated. With that in mind, I think it would be better if we hosted it here. And, if we do this kind of thing again with GTS, we could host it there next time just to make it fair. But for now, let's start it off here.

I also think it would be a good idea to have a kind of "Mini-banner" in our signatures that anyone taking part in this could wear, just to indicate we're on the PE2K side.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

I vote here.

Nice idea on the banners Neo.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.