Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi
Default Stone Evolutions....

When is the "most optimal" time to evolve pokemon with evolution stones?

If you want specifics, what level would be best to evolve, say, Togetic, Growlithe, Vulpix, etc...

I guess this could be applied to traded pokemon too, such as Golem, Magmortar, Porygon2/Z...

I was just always curious to know if it was smart to evolve them early, wait for a certain move (like Eevee and Baton Pass) or if it would effect the out come of their stats for 'endgame'

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 09-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Stone Evolutions....

The only thing it effects is the moves your Pokemon will learn.

For Pokemon that evolve by stones, it is best to wait until they have learnt all the moves you want them to know by level-up.

For those evolving by trade, they will still continue to learn moves as normal after evolving, so you can evolve them any time without any other effects.

The timing of evolution won't impact the Pokemon's stats at all.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

so basically, once a pokemon evolves all of it's stats are moved up according to the base stats of said pokemon? Scaled of course with IVs, EVs, nature, etc?

So basically. I could level Eevee all the way to 100, battle it out for funzies and then evolve it to Flareon and the stats will scale according to Flareon's base stats? Which at this point, I can just go to an move relearner and pick what I would want?

I know this may sound confusing to a lot of you, but the stat smart folks will know what I'm talkin' about lol

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 09-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamoosekazi View Post
so basically, once a pokemon evolves all of it's stats are moved up according to the base stats of said pokemon? Scaled of course with IVs, EVs, nature, etc?

So basically. I could level Eevee all the way to 100, battle it out for funzies and then evolve it to Flareon and the stats will scale according to Flareon's base stats? Which at this point, I can just go to an move relearner and pick what I would want?

I know this may sound confusing to a lot of you, but the stat smart folks will know what I'm talkin' about lol
Yep, that's correct. As I said, the only thing you need to worry about is the learned moves. Evolution time has no effect on anything else =)