Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default URPG In Black and White!

So BW is due to come out in about a month over in Japan. I know this may seem a bit premature, considering nothing for the URPG will change until at least a few weeks after the US release, but there's already quite a bit we can speculate about as it is. And when things are revealed after the Japanese release, we'll have even more stuff to talk about 8D. Also, even though we have a BW discussion thread in the General board, it's not really meant for URPG discussion, which quickly gets left behind.

SO. First of all, which Pokemon do you guys wanna be the first to get? I personally want Munna, Shimama, Zorua, Zoroark, and Kibago, and maybe Tabunne.

Next, how do you think the new mechanics will work with the URPG? We have new things like the Dream World, Rotation Battles, Pokemon Musicals, and so on and so forth. We also have triple battles, but really that won't be hard too incorporate into the URPG at all lol.

How do you think the Mon that have been revealed so far will fare in the URPG? Are there any Abilities or moves so far you think are broken?

WILL THE MIRACLE SHOOTER BRING POTIONS AND SHIZZ BACK TO THE MART?! /shotforallcaps

Oh, and there's been something going around that used TM won't vanish; if this means TMs can be used repeatedly in whatever way, how do you think that'll affect the prices for TMs, if at all?

Yeah, we'll know all this crap for certain once BW is incorporated into the URPG, but for now it's fun to just speculate and who knows, maybe some of our ideas will actually have an effect on how things turn out next year.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 08-17-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default Re: URPG In Black and White!

I'm not an active part of URPG at all anymore but I'm just adding to the conversation.

SO WHAT ABOUT 3 v 3 IN URPG BATTLES NOW?

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Well, I think some people actually do that. Also If I recall there was a Team Tourney that had like teams battle each other, with like 4 people V 4 people.

~JKJesse~
Old 08-17-2010, 02:54 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Well, I personally want the bug, and the useless Rattata/Zigzagoon of B/W. I have a tactic, but I'm not telling you :D

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 08-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
Well, I think some people actually do that. Also If I recall there was a Team Tourney that had like teams battle each other, with like 4 people V 4 people.

~JKJesse~
But team aligning was never implemented. Now certain Pokemon, depending on which side they are on, can only attack a certain Pokemon. Movement of Pokemon during the battles should also be taken into consideration.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 08-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

But team aligning was never implemented. Now certain Pokemon, depending on which side they are on, can only attack a certain Pokemon. Movement of Pokemon during the battles should also be taken into consideration.
^

Also, depending on your position, the power of your moves changes.

Rotation Battles are interesting, but I'm not exactly sure how that'll work out in the URPG. I mean, would you send out three Mon and choose attacks for all of them, and then before your opponent attacks decide if you want to swap the current Mon with another? If that's how it's done then I suppose it wouldn't be hard to work in at all. Heh, I can definteily imagine the kind of strategies and predicting that'll come with that kind of battle.

I want Pokemon Musicals, darn it! Hopefully there'll be some sort of formula we can use to make it possible for URPG. I was already thinking of things the other night lol. *Is determined to have Musicals in the URPG.*

DREAM WORLD. I'm not entirely sure if we can have this, or at least, not the same as it'll be in the games. I mean, one of the things with the Dream World is your Pokemon has a chance to make friends with Pokemon, which you then have the opportunity to catch. Because we all know the URPG reviles free Mon, I'm wondering how this would work. Perhaps you have to pay a certain amount of money, like 5k, and leave your Mon in the Dream World. Maybe you can leave it there for x number of days, and the longer you leave it in, the more chances you have of obtaining Pokemon? And perhaps only Pokemon of the same type as the Mon in the Dream World might appear? For example:

I put Electrode in the Dream World for five days. After five days maybe there's a 50% chance of Trode making friends with a Pokemon there. Say Trode makes friends with a Jolteon. A Dream World Attendant would roll a die, and if 50 or higher came up I would get to catch Jolteon. Afterward, Trode would exit the Dream World.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
LS Offline

I don't know anything about BW at all. I hope there's going to be a Fire/Grass type though.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:07 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
^

Also, depending on your position, the power of your moves changes.

Rotation Battles are interesting, but I'm not exactly sure how that'll work out in the URPG. I mean, would you send out three Mon and choose attacks for all of them, and then before your opponent attacks decide if you want to swap the current Mon with another? If that's how it's done then I suppose it wouldn't be hard to work in at all. Heh, I can definteily imagine the kind of strategies and predicting that'll come with that kind of battle.

I want Pokemon Musicals, darn it! Hopefully there'll be some sort of formula we can use to make it possible for URPG. I was already thinking of things the other night lol. *Is determined to have Musicals in the URPG.*

DREAM WORLD. I'm not entirely sure if we can have this, or at least, not the same as it'll be in the games. I mean, one of the things with the Dream World is your Pokemon has a chance to make friends with Pokemon, which you then have the opportunity to catch. Because we all know the URPG reviles free Mon, I'm wondering how this would work. Perhaps you have to pay a certain amount of money, like 5k, and leave your Mon in the Dream World. Maybe you can leave it there for x number of days, and the longer you leave it in, the more chances you have of obtaining Pokemon? And perhaps only Pokemon of the same type as the Mon in the Dream World might appear? For example:

I put Electrode in the Dream World for five days. After five days maybe there's a 50% chance of Trode making friends with a Pokemon there. Say Trode makes friends with a Jolteon. A Dream World Attendant would roll a die, and if 50 or higher came up I would get to catch Jolteon. Afterward, Trode would exit the Dream World.
no dream world, please. It's not like the URPG is getting a Pokewalker mechanic, so I don't see how this thing can be done.

Although maybe we can try to incorporate it in the park, but honestly, I doubt we have any need for this.

As for which Pokemon I want... I dunno honestly- that's a pretty hard choice. Possibly the digimon ripoff, that gear thing. Also Shimama and that weird bat/fluff ball thingy.

Btw, isn't Zoruark supposed to be a legendary Pokemon of sorts?

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
Btw, isn't Zoruark supposed to be a legendary Pokemon of sorts?
I don't think its a legendary, I think it's more like Lucario... but then again, what do I know :p

Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
I don't think its a legendary, I think it's more like Lucario... but then again, what do I know :p
to get a Zoruark you need a special Wifi event, and only legendaries/special pokemon get that. I doubt there's anything special about a Pokemon supposedly revealed int hat generation, so it'd leave only the "legendary" opportunity

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:21 PM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

With all respect Jess and others who want it to happen, but isn't it just a little... WAY too soon? We hardly know what other pokes are coming, let even new moves (And new TMs/HMs). Shouldn't this atleast wait untill everything has been announced, and when they start leaking english names?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:27 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_type_rule View Post
With all respect Jess and others who want it to happen, but isn't it just a little... WAY too soon? We hardly know what other pokes are coming, let even new moves (And new TMs/HMs). Shouldn't this atleast wait untill everything has been announced, and when they start leaking english names?
We're not talking about bringing them in right now, we're just talking, thinking how some of the already-released mons might work out, stuff like that. We all know that it's not gonna happen until a good couple of weeks after it's been released in the US.

I do think it's a bit rushing with the whole 'Dream World' thing, though.

Me, I'm probably gonna get the cute electric-type that they seem to have in every generation :3 And any good Ice mons. God knows, I could use those.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_type_rule View Post
Nah, we've got plenty to speculate about already, and in about another month we'll have even MOAR! *Dance.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
We're not talking about bringing them in right now, we're just talking, thinking how some of the already-released mons might work out, stuff like that. We all know that it's not gonna happen until a good couple of weeks after it's been released in the US.

I do think it's a bit rushing with the whole 'Dream World' thing, though.

Me, I'm probably gonna get the cute electric-type that they seem to have in every generation :3 And any good Ice mons. God knows, I could use those.
NEVAH! It's never too early for the Dream World! *Makes that her slogan.*

Are you gonna get Emonga and/or Shimama? I don't know if I'd called Shimama cute, though lol. More like epicelectriczebrawin XD.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 08-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
SO. First of all, which Pokemon do you guys wanna be the first to get? I personally want Munna, Shimama, Zorua, Zoroark, and Kibago, and maybe Tabunne.
War Eagle, Electric Zebra, Groundodile, Gothdevoir, FLYING SQUIRREL!!!!1!!, I suppose the Sarcophagus since I'll need new Gym mons, Doryuzuu for teh drillz, and any Legendary I ever take will be Zekrom.

]QUOTE]Next, how do you think the new mechanics will work with the URPG? We have new things like the Dream World, Rotation Battles, Pokemon Musicals, and so on and so forth. We also have triple battles, but really that won't be hard too incorporate into the URPG at all lol.[/QUOTE]

Dream World could be a new capture mechanic.
Rotation Battles can be easily implemented as another new battle style.
We haven't added Pokethlon, so there's no guarantee we're even gonna add Musicals.

Quote:
How do you think the Mon that have been revealed so far will fare in the URPG? Are there any Abilities or moves so far you think are broken?
Too soon to tell, but Zekrom, gonna be a fan favorite.

Quote:
WILL THE MIRACLE SHOOTER BRING POTIONS AND SHIZZ BACK TO THE MART?! /shotforallcaps
Oh Arceus more stuff for me to pay for?

Quote:
Oh, and there's been something going around that used TM won't vanish; if this means TMs can be used repeatedly in whatever way, how do you think that'll affect the prices for TMs, if at all?
Considering the lack of limited movesets I highly doubt we're going to get the everlasting TMs.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

Sorry to crush any of all of your dreams guys, but Shimama's mine. I already have a story that incorporates a sighting of it. Once that story is said and one, we'll probably only be a couple months away from bringing B/W into the URPG and all I'd have to do is make another 10k - 20k characters to the end of the story and ask a wonder grader to grade it ASAP and BAM, first owner of Shimama. :'P Oh, I also want the croc (like everyone else), kaibago, wargle, and that meerkat thing... and maybe Emonga.