Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 09-13-2010, 05:02 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Re: 2010 NFL Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedJackal View Post
My team doesn't play until tomorrow night.

I won my fantasy game though!
I hope the ravens win. I used to liked the jets(alone with the dolphins, which is strange), but Rex Ryan has annoyed the heck out me. >_>

I'm glad the dolphins won, I didn't really have any doubt they would lose to the bills.

So who will start for the Eagles next week? Kolb or Vick?

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 AM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon

The AFC East, to me, is by far the most interesting division in all of baseball- the Pats are perennial favorites (can't wait to see Childress get completely outcoached in their game vs. Minnesota), the Jets sport one of the NFL's best defenses, and the Dolphins are a threat as well. I think this is also the first year Houston will make the playoffs in franchise history- Mario Williams is one of the most underrated, despite his high draft status, defensive players in the league, and Andre Johnson is arguably the best receiver in all of football. I'm gonna support Houston next week by listening to a bunch of Paul Wall, DJ Screw (RIP), Chamillionaire, and UGK.

It looks like my predictions for the Vikings and Cowboys are going along just as planned. The Cowboys just cannot get it done without T.O., and trying to remedy the situation by distracting the fans with a giant scoreboard isn't going to solve anything. Also, lol @ Favre.

Book it.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmachameleon View Post
The AFC East, to me, is by far the most interesting division in all of baseball- the Pats are perennial favorites (can't wait to see Childress get completely outcoached in their game vs. Minnesota), the Jets sport one of the NFL's best defenses, and the Dolphins are a threat as well. I think this is also the first year Houston will make the playoffs in franchise history- Mario Williams is one of the most underrated, despite his high draft status, defensive players in the league, and Andre Johnson is arguably the best receiver in all of football. I'm gonna support Houston next week by listening to a bunch of Paul Wall, DJ Screw (RIP), Chamillionaire, and UGK.

It looks like my predictions for the Vikings and Cowboys are going along just as planned. The Cowboys just cannot get it done without T.O., and trying to remedy the situation by distracting the fans with a giant scoreboard isn't going to solve anything. Also, lol @ Favre.

Book it.
I love you... for all of that.

But yeah, Mario Williams was on it yesterday. I think he sacked Manning once. And that doesn't happen too often. He was playing the kind of game we have hoped for more of since they made him the first pick of the 2006 draft.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post
I hope the ravens win. I used to liked the jets(alone with the dolphins, which is strange), but Rex Ryan has annoyed the heck out me. >_>

I'm glad the dolphins won, I didn't really have any doubt they would lose to the bills.

So who will start for the Eagles next week? Kolb or Vick?
With his performance this week, I would hope Vick but I'm guessing if he's able, Kolb will.

Waruvial 2177
Old 09-14-2010, 01:48 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
With his performance this week, I would hope Vick but I'm guessing if he's able, Kolb will.
Well since Kolb won't be able to pratice until Friday, I'm thinking Vick will.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-19-2010, 08:04 PM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon

BEAUTIFUL home opener for the Minnesota Vikings. Favre throws three interceptions, fumbles for a Miami touchdown, and the Vikes lose 14-10. Peterson carried the offense in the second half, but it wasn't enough. It was crazy to see Miami absolutely dominate both lines in the first half, since Minnesota has invested so much into them (Phat Pat, Allen, Hutchinson). Five years after taking the job, Brad Childress has learned the opportune time to call timeouts around the two minute warning- I wish he'd have learned this basic skill when I was still a fan. Unfortunately, the Lions lost, but it looks like Dallas will lose as well, keeping my preseason predictions fairly accurate so far:

Minnesota will go 0-16 (0-2)

Dallas will go 1-15 (0-1)

Lions will make Super Bowl (0-2)

Miami will make Super Bowl (2-0)

Jason Elam will make Pro Bowl (too lazy to look up stats)

And my new prediction:

Houston will win division (1-0)
Old 09-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmachameleon View Post
BEAUTIFUL home opener for the Minnesota Vikings. Favre throws three interceptions, fumbles for a Miami touchdown, and the Vikes lose 14-10. Peterson carried the offense in the second half, but it wasn't enough. It was crazy to see Miami absolutely dominate both lines in the first half, since Minnesota has invested so much into them (Phat Pat, Allen, Hutchinson). Five years after taking the job, Brad Childress has learned the opportune time to call timeouts around the two minute warning- I wish he'd have learned this basic skill when I was still a fan. Unfortunately, the Lions lost, but it looks like Dallas will lose as well, keeping my preseason predictions fairly accurate so far:

Minnesota will go 0-16 (0-2)

Dallas will go 1-15 (0-1)

Lions will make Super Bowl (0-2)

Miami will make Super Bowl (2-0)

Jason Elam will make Pro Bowl (too lazy to look up stats)

And my new prediction:

Houston will win division (1-0)
Lookin good so far!

The Bengals beat the Ravens and the super elite Joe Flacco throws 4 interceptions. What a great day
Old 09-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Cowboys have a laundry list of problems. I won't say 1-15, but I will say that it doesn't look good this season. No run blocking, Romo is inaccurate, Defense can't stop the pass. But, most importantly we are lacking discipline. Igor Olshansky celebrates a tackle with 2 minutes left and the game lost? Are you kidding me? The schedule only gets tougher from here. This team needs to get their asses kicked, and they need to snap out of whatever mindset they're in right now and start playing some football. Also, time to sign someone to kick field goals. Buheler is way too shoddy.

On a lighter note, at least Dez Bryant isn't a bust.

Last edited by PainKiller; 09-19-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Holy mother of laughter that was a close game! Unfortunately, I was in the loo and didn't get to see the Texans win. But we won! Woo!!

I wasn't too sure coming into this game if we'd win. And by the end of the second half, I was damn near certain we'd lose. But man, Andre is a beast! I was a little upset that Texans punt the ball instead of attempted the field goal, but it got us the same result. And what a block by Bernard Pollard. The first in years.

Bring on the Cowboys!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:20 AM
burningzepp08 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
Holy mother of laughter that was a close game! Unfortunately, I was in the loo and didn't get to see the Texans win. But we won! Woo!!

I wasn't too sure coming into this game if we'd win. And by the end of the second half, I was damn near certain we'd lose. But man, Andre is a beast! I was a little upset that Texans punt the ball instead of attempted the field goal, but it got us the same result. And what a block by Bernard Pollard. The first in years.

Bring on the Cowboys!
Damn dude that game was *ucking pro!!!! Bring it on cowgirls!!!!

It's fullproof!
Speak to me only with your eyes, It is to you I give this tune.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:50 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

lol

The Ravens are in big trouble. If they don't get their offense straightened out soon, this could be an ugly year.

This blows.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Lol Miami is in first place in the AFC East.

Man the Lions look really good, even though they should be at least 1-1. And of course the cowboys and ravens fail me >_>

Old 09-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

eagles rule. all others drool.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Feels good to get a win.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
Feels good to get a win.
Feels bad to get a loss. :(