Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Tokyo and Sakuya's sprite shop!

Sakuya; No, I'm not doing no revamp. Sorry, but I can't shade Mareep fur.

Blank; I will try my best.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:00 AM
pokejava Offline
Elite Trainer

Retype
Base Pokémon:empoleon
Type:fire
Recolor to: any
Other: Chedder Cheese!!!! please and thankies

I AM BACK EVERYONE I AM SORRY I WAS GONE
Old 08-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Asking Sakuya if this shall be takn as a flame, as I am really spesific with crit. Couldn't do sprite, reason; Half of the Pokemon wouldn't fit, and would be too hard to fuse. I can't scratch even if a sword was at my neck.
Umm...that's definitely NOT flaming--what blank did. How can simple advice be taken so offensively? >.<

He/She didn't blatantly insult you, or even insult you at all. So I suggest learning how to take advice...even if you don't agree.

edit: Okay, so maybe he/she was being more blunt after a while. You can tell that he/she didn't necessarily intend to insult, just to get their point across.
And I have to give him/her my respect and agreement. Hun's, the things that you're all doing are just simple forms of editing. It's not actual spriting. Actual "spriting" is the making of sprites for video games and whatnot, usually using few/several different frames of animation for certain actions. The main series of Pokemon is generally the exception to the frame policy, but you get my point. And even at that, lately, Gamefreak has decided to use at least two frames for each of their sprites.

In all honesty, I could absolutely not see that argument holding up for so long at a place such as TSR. Just...just go to the community and look for yourself. It's a bit to explain...
Just saying.

Quote:
GO to the Spriter's Resource forums, show them your pretty little holograms, in a holes, and blackouts, and be ridiculed for the rest of your life. PE2K's spriting forum says NOTHING about the spriting world outside.
And this. THIS. THIIIIIISSS. QUOTED FOR DA TRUTH. D:!

Anyways, I'm sorry, since I'm kinda friends with some of you who I'm directing this to--in no way am I trying to single you out. I likes you guys, but sometimes I thinks you all can be a bit silly. D8

Last edited by Speed-X; 08-16-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 PM
MoonKit Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
Umm...that's definitely NOT flaming--what blank did. How can simple advice be taken so offensively? >.<

He/She didn't blatantly insult you, or even insult you at all. So I suggest learning how to take advice...even if you don't agree.

edit: Okay, so maybe he/she was being more blunt after a while. You can tell that he/she didn't necessarily intend to insult, just to get their point across.
And I have to give him/her my respect and agreement. Hun's, the things that you're all doing are just simple forms of editing. It's not actual spriting. Actual "spriting" is the making of sprites for video games and whatnot, usually using few/several different frames of animation for certain actions. The main series of Pokemon is generally the exception to the frame policy, but you get my point. And even at that, lately, Gamefreak has decided to use at least two frames for each of their sprites.

In all honesty, I could absolutely not see that argument holding up for so long at a place such as TSR. Just...just go to the community and look for yourself. It's a bit to explain...
Just saying.

And this. THIS. THIIIIIISSS. QUOTED FOR DA TRUTH. D:!

Anyways, I'm sorry, since I'm kinda friends with some of you who I'm directing this to--in no way am I trying to single you out. I likes you guys, but sometimes I thinks you all can be a bit silly. D8
Mabey I was being a bit silly, but I am keeping real holograms up. Fakes I could go without I guess.

I don't know how I take things like that sereously, but I do take a lot of time on my sprites. I would never use Serebii's tuts. EVER. I only saw one with a good outcome, and that was the chao. Half bad to tell yeh, but it was mainly good.

Back on topic now, I'll work on that request. Might be a bit hard, being that Empoleon is two different types, both either weakness or resistance to fire. No, I will not change it from Cheddar Cheese to fish. I hate fish, and that is my only reason. Edit to the shop; Editing the rules and such, cleaning up.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Mabey I was being a bit silly, but I am keeping real holograms up. Fakes I could go without I guess.

I don't know how I take things like that sereously, but I do take a lot of time on my sprites. I would never use Serebii's tuts. EVER. I only saw one with a good outcome, and that was the chao. Half bad to tell yeh, but it was mainly good.

Back on topic now, I'll work on that request. Might be a bit hard, being that Empoleon is two different types, both either weakness or resistance to fire. No, I will not change it from Cheddar Cheese to fish. I hate fish, and that is my only reason. Edit to the shop; Editing the rules and such, cleaning up.
Well, okay. At least you're willing to accept mistakes. X3
I wouldn't necessarily say to not use tutorials at all. Hell, I'll even glance at the more n00bish tutorials I find here and there. Generally, even if you already know a lot about something, there's a good chance that you'll pick up one thing here or there by reading a tutorial. Probably not for actual sprite editing, but shading styles and textures and whatnot. Mostly speaking, things in general.

Well, I guess in general, taking criticism well just takes a bit of...experience, though that may not be that great of wording. And maturity / age. I assume it's just something that takes practice, because I used to not take criticism so well during my first few years of residing in forums. Of course, even though I did have a bit of emotional problems and whatnot, I would even get extremely angry in real life for seemingly no reason.

But, yeah.
Just so I'm not totally going off-topic, I'll request something. =3

Devamps
Pokemon: Wailmer
From Game: whether it's Ruby/Sapphire, Emerald, DPPtHGSS, it doesn't matter to me. It's the creator's decision / preference.
To Game: preferably GSC. Whoever ends up making this will either have to grab colors from other GSC Pokemon's palettes, since Wailmer obviously doesn't exist in GSC. XD
.:*~Whoever prefers to do this can give it a shot.~*:.

Rings. Nice. I always liked the Sonic currency over other game currencies for some reason.
Anyways, in the case that I don't start out with enough (first post doesn't seem to specify the starting amount), then I'll just request this.
Glitch
Pokemon: Dragonite (From Gold or Silver)
Other: How about using the Shiny form/colors?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:08 AM
MoonKit Offline

Quote:
Well, okay. At least you're willing to accept mistakes. X3
I wouldn't necessarily say to not use tutorials at all. Hell, I'll even glance at the more n00bish tutorials I find here and there. Generally, even if you already know a lot about something, there's a good chance that you'll pick up one thing here or there by reading a tutorial. Probably not for actual sprite editing, but shading styles and textures and whatnot. Mostly speaking, things in general.

Well, I guess in general, taking criticism well just takes a bit of...experience, though that may not be that great of wording. And maturity / age. I assume it's just something that takes practice, because I used to not take criticism so well during my first few years of residing in forums. Of course, even though I did have a bit of emotional problems and whatnot, I would even get extremely angry in real life for seemingly no reason.

But, yeah.
Just so I'm not totally going off-topic, I'll request something. =3

Devamps
Pokemon: Wailmer
From Game: whether it's Ruby/Sapphire, Emerald, DPPtHGSS, it doesn't matter to me. It's the creator's decision / preference.
To Game: preferably GSC. Whoever ends up making this will either have to grab colors from other GSC Pokemon's palettes, since Wailmer obviously doesn't exist in GSC. XD
.:*~Whoever prefers to do this can give it a shot.~*:.

Rings. Nice. I always liked the Sonic currency over other game currencies for some reason.
Anyways, in the case that I don't start out with enough (first post doesn't seem to specify the starting amount), then I'll just request this.
Glitch
Pokemon: Dragonite (From Gold or Silver)
Other: How about using the Shiny form/colors?
Nah, most n00bish tuts I see are like puting Lidiadan legs, fliped, on top of a Pikachu, and recolowing them black, without reshading, and calling that a sprite. sort of like calling a fusion of Gengar and Glameow an 'idea'. It's a fusion, you know.

Yeah, and with me bening a bit under-aged for fourms, I shouldn't take Critisism too lightly, but I was actually taking it lightly at one point. Really, I wouldn't take crits right now, my friend's parents pissed meh off.

I'll try both. And at the start, like everyone else that has requested (And me and Sakuya) you will get 5500 rings to start.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Blank Offline
Experienced Trainer

YAY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME :D

As I said before, I was just giving advice. Very bluntly, maybe, but there's nothing wrong with that. xD

Devamp 10 rings
Pokémon: Vileplume
From game: DPPl
To game: RGB
Other: Uh, cheddar cheese.
Spriter: Sakuya_Iyazoi.

Please and thankiu. ^..^
Old 08-17-2010, 02:35 PM
MoonKit Offline

Oh, and as I forgot to add, Sakuya came up with the idea to use Sonic currency in this shop. Done with Poke's retype, but it sucks even though I didn't need to copy-flip/reshade

Well, it wasn't hard, so (If I wrote depends) It will be 6 rings.
Doing Speed's now.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:42 PM
pokejava Offline
Elite Trainer

Invert switches 12 rings
Pokémon:kyogre
To be switched with:groudon
Other:Cheddar Cheese

thx for the retype. it does look weird

I AM BACK EVERYONE I AM SORRY I WAS GONE
Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 AM
MoonKit Offline

Speed; Requests finish, but you seem to be missing something.
Pokejava; Here you go! I hate them, but they might be a bit good.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Speed; Requests finish, but you seem to be missing something.
Pokejava; Here you go! I hate them, but they might be a bit good.
Eh...Missing something? XD *confused*

Last edited by Speed-X; 08-18-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:02 AM
MoonKit Offline

Quote:
Eh...Missing something? XD *confused*
Hilight the rules and you will see.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Hilight the rules and you will see.
That rule's kind of silly isn't it? If you want to make sure someone reads the rules just put it there, no need to make it white. :o I mean, did you notice this?
Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Dark Dialga Offline

I'm requesting this while eating cheddar cheese.

Poke ball
Pokémon: Meganium
Poke ball: Regular
Other: None
Spriter: Tokyokit
Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Speed-X Offline

Oh. Right.
Das Passwort ist "Cheddar Cheese." Bitte und danke.
Closed Thread