Greetings, young ones. I hope you’ve had a good summer. We here at the story department certainly have. In fact, we’ve had such a good summer that we fell through a timewarp wormhole, and the Summer Writing Competition has now become something not quite summer, not quite fall, and nowhere near winter. It has become… something else
WELCOME TO SOME WRITING COMPETITION
JUNK YOU SHOULD PROBABLY KNOW ABOUT
• The entry period starts Wednesday, August 11th and lasts until Tuesday, September 14th.
You have thirty-five days. USE THEM WISELY.
• Only URPG members can participate. Stories will be submitted on either forum; the stories will not be separated by forum for the purposes of voting, though.
• You may submit one story. In order for a story to be qualified for entrance, it must have a completed grade and a successful capture of at least one Pokémon. Anything posted before August 11th is not viable for entrance.
• To all graders:
if you grade a story that is entering the competition, please post the grade, then delete it. PM a copy to the writer. Galleon and Kat'll sort out the recovery of the grades after the fact, so don't fuss about wages, 'r anything.
The Legendary Pokemon of your choosing and $10,000.
$5,000 and a one-handed pat on the back.
Other prizes will likely be included, based on how many people enter.
HALL OF FAME
4~ Jack of Clovers
6~ Neo Pikachu
8~ Pokemon Trainer Sarah
14~ Phantom Kat
- Within an individual round, you vote for first, second, and third place. First place gets three points, second gets two, and third gets one. PM me three sentence summaries of the winning stories, in addition to your votes.
- Voters get a cash prize for voting. The amount will fluctuate based on the size of the round.
- Don’t vote based on your opinion of the writer. Keep it strictly to quality evaluation. OR I’LL BITE OFF YOUR HEAD.
- You must be a member of the URPG to vote. You are allowed to vote if you're entered in the competition, and in fact, if you do decide to vote in the round your story participates in, it will receive +3 points.
Just post a link to the story here, so I can add it to the list.
Abigail's Birthday by Miloticgirl
Ain't Nothing but a Houndour by Tyranitex
An Onixpected Ally by Chromas
Dark Yesterdays. Brighter Tomorrows! by rockman0
Darker Than Black by Noble One
Encounters of the Eighth Kind by Bumblebee
Everything to Gain by MagikChicken
Hatsy, the forgotten hero part II: The well of wishes by Team Pokemon
Just Like Us by Kai-Mei
Lonely Rolling Star by Taras Bulba
Night Shift by GliscorMan
Not a Monster by Sammy0295
Opening a Casket of Worms by Dr. Stubbsberg
preLIFE by Zombie Muse
Profile by Nyurgh
Smudge by Ataro
So I Met This Guy John, Right? by LightningFast
The Guardian of Voyagers by Alaskapigeon
The Jewel of Life by Synthesis
The Joy of a Child by NeonSands
The Moral Highground: Part Three by AceTrainer14
Trade Gone Wrong by Iridium
Tribal Wars by Thunder410
Twinblade Turnabout by evanfardreamer
ANY QUESTIONS PEOPLE? (And yes, I stole this layout from Galleon and EmBreon. Thank you and good day.)