Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Total Drama Barrens [RP]

Chris drummed his fingers on his pants leg.

He was standing at the entrance to an admittedly run-down-looking campsite, staring intently – and grumpily – at a road in front of him. This road was in similar condition to the campsite: full of potholes, cracks, and potentially dangerous wildlife. Such was the price of getting a camp in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey, but still. Now, Chris here was waiting for buses to arrive at the camp, so that he could commence the game, but hilariously every single bus was late.

…Only by five minutes, but still late.

What’s more, even his partner in crime Chef Hatchet wasn’t out there with him… he was presumably setting up the camp for the new arrivals, but something told Chris that he wouldn’t find his brawny co-worker cleaning up paper towels and cigarette butts. If Chris knew Chef, then he would probably be sitting in a trailer watching wrestling on TV, eating all of Chris’ Low-Fat Cheese Spears.

As Chris sat steaming over this likely revelation, he heard the sound of rumbling. Hilariously, it wasn’t his stomach this time (he had eaten a sandwich earlier), and that left only one possibility left.

“CHEF!” he bellowed. “STOP WITH THE LANDSLIDE MACHINE!”

And then a bus pulled up.

Fire away, boys and girls.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 08-11-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 AM
infernorose888 Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Total Drama Barrens [RP]

Alan Rhane

The constant clanking of the bus and the violent shutters that caused Silver to dig his talons into my shoulder warned me that we were almost at our destination.

Okay everyone, no biting, goring, scrathching or otherwise injurng the other campers and we should be fineI said to my menagerie of pets. Assembled nearby were, a fennec fox in my lap, a peregrine falcon on my shoulder, a hedghog and a button quail in an aquarium at my feet and, standing in the space of the bus dedicated for wheelchairs, a massive black bull yak named Boris. Some people ask why I can't have normal pets. I wonder why.

All Right, we're here I shouted as the bus pulled up. Grabbing my medium sized suitcase, the fox's dog leash, the yak's halter, and the aquarium I headed to the front of the bus and leapt out turning to the camera.

How ya doin America!? Are you ready for Alan Rhane!? Cause I'm gonna be the winner of TOTAL DRAMA BARRENS I shouted enthusiastically.

So, Chris, Wher'm I stayin'? I said, trning to the host of the show.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Giratina Offline

OutOfCtrl;
Hate to be a grammar nazi again, but do you think you could at least use quotation marks? Thanks. ;D

BackInCtrl;
When Chris had finished yelling at Chef halfway across the camp, he plastered a fake smile onto his face - and promptly dropped it again. Of all the lunatics who could have come first, it had to be the Crocodile Rider here. He appeared to be threatening the empty space around him by telling it that he intended to win this show - 'Yeah right,' thought Chris optimistically - before turning to the real star of the program with a chipper greeting and asking where he was going to stay.

"Yeah, see," said Chris, "I don't know yet. We're going to determine the teams later, when everyone's arrived."

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Lunar Lana

It was the first day riding the bus, and it was apparently quite old or something, because we arrived five minutes late. I waited for it to screech to a stop, and I carried my bag, holding my phone, a half-working PDA, and my laptop. I didn't see a use for the laptop, so I put it in the box to go home. I watched someone with tons of pets, including a little Fennec fox, some sort of falcon, and I believe only three others.

I stepped out, looking for a golden hotel or something, but all I saw was a mucky old campground and the road was full of potholes, and cracks and whatever else.

"Where is that golden hotel, and why is the ground full of cracks and whatever!?" Was all Lunar could say. In her hometown, there were gold or bronze hotels, as well as normal ones. She went to a normal school and such, but otherwise it was all cool.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Shimama Rider Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shimama Rider

Michael Zannstrom

It had been one bumpy bus ride. My trip wasn’t very fun because of this; I couldn’t even get through Genesis without getting sick. Luckily, the bus had finally screeched to a stop at a rundown campsite. It wasn’t exactly the same as the other place I visited. But then again, not everywhere can be the home of His Holiness. I sat quietly repacking my stuff, mostly my worn Bible and some clothes. Finishing, I rose from my seat and made my way off of the bus, slinging my navy blue backpack over both of my shoulders.

Getting off I saw Chris and two others, who I assumed were campers. One of them was so covered in animals it almost looked like he was wearing a fur coat. Not only that, but he had a yak as well. I crossed myself briefly; something about large mammals didn’t sit well with me. The other was a girl who seemed a little less than enthusiastic about the campsite. I wasn’t too happy with it, but, from what I’ve seen and my church group friends have told me, this was the Total Drama norm.

I looked around at my surroundings. New Jersey was supposed to be very beautiful, but from the look of this campsite it wasn’t much better than the woods I had near my hometown. Trying to get my mind off of home, I gave a nervous wave to Chris, the host.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Giratina Offline

Chris' mood was improved marginally by the entrance of the new campers. They both looked like interesting money bait entrants to the show, and the first in particular - the girl - particularly amused him. He was reminded vaguely of Lindsay back in the day, wondering where the spa went when she was ferried into the Total Drama campsite... the first one, of course, she had never been here to America as far as Chris was concerned.

The girl looked exceptionally whiny, and her discussion's subject matter was just begging for Chris to saunter over and mash her hopes into the ground. So he did.

"Ah, that's the thing... er, Luna? Is that your name? I must have gotten a typo or something. Or are you really called...?" Chris took a pause to laugh, honestly taking amusement in her confusion. He slipped in next to her, wearing an evil expression on his face. "Love to burst your bubble, hun, but you'll soon learn to appreciate this cracked pavement... considering that the rest of the camp has roads made of good old packed-down dirt! Hahahahaha!"

His attention turned to the second camper, who Chris recalled to be very religious. He didn't really take a side on that debate, so there would be no need to slip around trying not to insult him - not that Chris would pay any attention to not insulting him anyway. But the kid did wave, and Chris waved back before beckoning him over to join the other two campers.

"Just wait until everyone else comes!" bellowed Chris, so that all would hear. "We'll organize you after that!"

(vpp da)
Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Chef Hatchet grumbled as he exited the back of the first bus. Kids and their bags. Some of these folks'd brought stuff like they were just going to stay at a hotel. Didn't these idiots watch the other three seasons? Dummies. Dummies, dummies, dummies. Still, he ought to get some fun out of watching these slops screw up at whatever crazy challenges Chris had thought up. He dumped the baggage on the skinny boy talking to Chris, grunting something as he went back in to the bus to get more bags. Yep. Business as usual. That special chili he had made was sure to give the campers a surprise... heheheh...

(Bleh. Can't think of much more for Mr. I-Don't-Talk. By the way, he's dumping the bags on YOU, Al)
Old 08-11-2010, 12:31 AM
MoonKit Offline

Lunar Lana

Chris was nothing like he was in the earlier seasons, well, almost nothing. I was going to complain more about this, but than I remembered when Chris whined about never getting his paycheck when Harold had to save his team. Apparently not the best day of Total Drama, but one of them. I tried not to laugh my head off, yet gave out a little giggle. She smiled, this turning to a frown when Chris spoke.

"Ah, that's the thing... er, Luna? Is that your name? I must have gotten a typo or something. Or are you really called...?" Chris said, apparently pausing to laugh and remember Lindsay looking for the Spa. Yeah, I was being a miniature Lindsay right now. "Love to burst your bubble, Hun, but you'll soon learn to appreciate this cracked pavement... considering that the rest of the camp has roads made of good old packed-down dirt! Hahahahaha!"

I found, and rolled my eyes. Chris was really getting on my bad side, and camp or whatever wasn't even started yet. If this had singing included, there was no way that I would do it. Not even for someone like Alejandro. "Again with the spelling errors of my name? It's Lunar." I paused, seeming to scan the area, the bus, and anything else. Chef got out of the bus and started to pack the bags next to someone. I hadn't met him yet, but I assumed that I would quite soon. "And I don't mind dirt roads. I lived on one for years before moving closer to this place so I could come. And I was filming at my old house before we started packing, by the way." I told Chris. He apparently didn't know this. I liked dirt roads much better myself.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:25 AM
infernorose888 Offline
Master Trainer

I listened to this Luna girl and steamed, this was my least favorite kind of person, unnappreciative, snobby, and completely ruled by technology. The other guy was looking uneasily at Boris, but he seemed OK, he looked like a good ole' fashioned church kid and I can respect that.

" Hey man, don't worry about Boris, he's so friendly, he'd even let Chris rub his belly. He'll REALLY like it if ya' feed him." I said with a friendly tone. Suddenly, Pharoah, my Fennec, was excited by a ringing noise. He ran over to Luna's bag and leapt inside, returning with a colorful, ringing phone.

"Hahaha! looks like he doesn't like your ringtone." I said, laughing my rear end off. "Come 'ere boy. gimme that little tech. obiediently, pharoah placed the cel phone in my hand and I looked at it.

"Looks expensive, you better be glad that fox found it or a racoon would have stored this sucker in the crotch of a tree and you'd never see it again" I said, chuckling to myself as I observed the device in my hand, it was an expensive model, not like my little $20 Tracfone.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Léa Charbonneau

The road offered a bumpy ride, something that would probably pass for a ride at a cheap carnival or something. Léa was a little uncomfortable at first, constantly being disrupted by the unsteadiness of the bus, but after a while, she grew more tolerant of this. Her attention never really focused on anything for too long, eyes usually darting to a new point on a regular basis. In the end, she simply found herself chewing on her fingernails, or what was left of them.

The stop was quite like the journey itself, rough. The sounds of screeching were impossible to miss, another indicator of the arrival. Looking out the dirty window, Léa could tell this wasn’t the most… scenic of places. Certainly not that sort of sight that would make it on a pamphlet or something, but the girl decided she’d check it out before making any sort of judgement. It was only once she’d picked up her backpack, which boasted both maroon and black shades that she realised, this was it… Total Drama Barrens! She promised herself that she’d do her best to go for the win, not that she wasn’t nervous though…

The earlier analysis of the campsite proved to be an accurate one. Things looked like they’d seen their prime come and go already, rundown being the first word to come to mind. Funny, Léa didn’t remember any mention of an old campground in the ads, but quickly decided against bringing it up. Although, her brother had said “they stayed in nice places in the earlier seasons,”… oh well right?

“Bonjour…” The French was almost dripping in a Québec accent, and she was really addressing anybody that was listening, despite her eyes falling on Chris. They slowly moved from him, however and her gaze moved onto the other campers. Two were boys, one boasting an assortment of animals, the other, seemed to be weary of this. The third person was a girl, and judging from the look on her face, she wasn’t enjoying the view. Léa couldn’t help but feel a little more anxious now, and hoped that these characters were nice enough. Pretty much oblivious to the fact that one the animal guy’s critters had snatched a gizmo, although she did notice him holding it…

00C: Trying to get into Léa’s character ^^’

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
malcuz Offline
Amateur Trainer

Zac Richards
"Hey Chris what torture will be in this season" he said as he stepped off the bus. He placed is bags on the ground. "You need better bus drivers" he crossed his arms "ones who are good at driving". His journey was a wild one. First the bus driver hit several animals then pushed accelorator insted of brakes. After he actually got on they nearly went off the road caused eight traffic jams and just made to the desitination. "Let me guess budget"? "This is what I expected well better see what the competition is". He walks over to the others.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Shimama Rider Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shimama Rider

Michael Zannstrom

A few more people were arriving, so hopefully things would get started soon. First a girl who was obviously fluent in French, with an accent like that it was unmistakable that she had come from a place where French was very popular, and I was willing to bet it wasn’t New Orleans. The other was another male, who was complaining about the conditions on the bus as soon as he stepped off.

Chris returned my wave, which made me feel a little better, but still, starting a conversation would really help get my mind off of being away from home. None of the other arrivals really seemed like they’d want to talk. Suddenly, there was an answer to my prayers, the Steve Irwin incarnate turned to me, probably noting my discomfort of course, and said, "Hey man, don't worry about Boris, he's so friendly, he'd even let Chris rub his belly. He'll really like it if ya' feed him."

I chuckled a bit at the jab at Chris, and then turned to the yak’s owner. Now, his fox had snatched the first girl’s phone, and dropped in his, or was it her, owner’s hand. I stifled another chuckle as Doctor Doolittle jokingly scolded the girl. I gave his yak, Boris, a glance and then turned back to him. “How did you come up with Boris as a name for your, er, companion?” Then, I noticed something; I didn’t know anyone’s name, except for Chris of course. Time to remedy this, “Speaking of names, what is yours?”
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
infernorose888 Offline
Master Trainer

Alan

"My name's Alan Rhane and these are my little companions. Boris is actually named after my hunting buddy Boris. He's a big hairy guy who looks kind of like this yak here."I said. Silver fluttered off my shoulder and onto the guy's. The big falcon just settled down on the kid's less crowded shoulder.

"Looks like Silver likes you, so I'm cool with that. By the way, what's Your name/" I said, chuckling at how friendly the normally semi-violent falcon was acting. Comfortable on the shoulder of a complete stranger, without even digging his talons in. This guy was good news if Silver liked him.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:54 AM
IchigoTorisuna Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to IchigoTorisuna

Jaden Wolfe and Jack Holiday

The bus the TDB contestants were on pulled to a stop. Jaden stepped off with Jack following her. They were the last ones to get off the bus. "What do you think this is gonna be like?" Jack whispered to Jaden. She shrugged, stoping a few feet from the other contestants. "It might be fun. Who really knows?" Jack happily stood beside her. "What do you think our first challenge'll be?" He said in a giddy voice. "How am I supposed to know? We just got here." Jaden stated. Jack sighed, "I guess." They stood there, waiting for Chris or somebody else to say something about this new 'game show'. Jaden glanced around at the other contestants already there. She noticed a boy with a falcon. Her eyes widened. 'What is a falcon doing here!?' she thought to herself. Jack looked at Chris, 'God he looks hot in those shorts.'
Old 08-12-2010, 04:12 AM
MoonKit Offline

Lunar Lana

My phone began to ring, and the animal boy's little Fennec jumped into my bag, grabbing my phone before I could even stop it. I was slightly annoyed that there was, again, no spa, nor golden hotels. I tried to catch the little Fennec, but it's owner got it before I could.

"Hahaha! looks like he doesn't like your ring tone." The boy said, laughing so hard, it was almost hard enough that he would be rolling on the floor laughing, or rolling on the pavement. I smiled, looking at the cute little fox, and blinked. Nothing was really cool about the set, other than the almost-amazing way the pavement turned to dirt road so quickly. The fennec fox gave it's owner the phone, and he examined it.

“Bonjour…” Another girl came out from the bus, she was quite good at French, although I was much better at English than French. Both of my parents were at least half English, and one was only a bit french, being my father. I actually had gotten my personality from him, but my tech-loving came from my mom. I fiddled around with my PDA, buying more fake gems to put on my phone.

"Looks expensive, you better be glad that fox found it or a raccoon would have stored this sucker in the crotch of a tree and you'd never see it again" The boy said. He didn't know that it was actually just a Droid X, traded for some old phone of mine, and switched with my old phone number. It hadn't cost anything else except for ten dollars.

"Yeah, I should change it in case we are on the same team. Wouldn't want the little Fennec to get it as often." I said, putting my PDA away and getting out a small Slinky. I played around with it, and eventually put it back in my pocket. It was one of the ole' metal ones, painted rainbows of pink, blue and purple.

"Don't be silly. I know it's a Droid X, but it's really just decked with fake gems on the back, and it was from a trade. Doesn't really matter, I liked my old Droid better." I said, trying not to brag.I stomped on the old, cracked up ground, knowing I should have changed the ring tone to something else before I came. I held out my hand, holding a small cloth in case he had played around with any of my Apps or something useful on the touchscreen.

I turned to the girl and nodded. "Bonjour, Comment allez-vous?" I tried a go at my French, apparently either from my French spelling book or my Dad.

OOC; Sorry if my French stinks. I have never been to France, and I was looking that up, translated it is supposed to be Hello, how are you?