Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:26 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default GB games still working?

I'm seeing alot of people around this great big thing we call "internetz lolz", and they're all saying the same thing more recently: My gameboy games won't save anymore. So I got nervous and tested all my games, they all work fine. Red, yellow, blue, gold, and crystal all save and load normally. I was never blessed with silver, and I tracked down red at a garage sale a week ago. I was just curious if anyone else still has working gb games, and how I can prevent my battery from failing.

I save like the overly cautious kid I am: before each battle, after each battle, after an evolution, before a legendary, before walking into a gym, before walking out of a gym, and sometimes twice just for good measure. Please don't tell me saving kills the battery faster... I'm not sure what makes the batteries fail, I want to know so I can show my kid the good old games someday.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Silvalfo Offline

Default Re: GB games still working?

The bad thing is: you can't prevent the saves from being eventually erased. There's no running away from the bitter feeling of having to deal with your GB game saves each day, knowing it can be their last.
My Red has died once, then I changed its battery (go to a place where people change batteries from watches, probably a CR2025 or CR2032) and it works fine now. My Silver is still kicking with the same battery it had when I bought it, almost 6 years ago.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Tsujin Offline

Yeah, it's just a matter of time until the battery dies and then the save is gone. I think half of my old games don't save anymore but I didn't fret too much. I was noob back then so I didn't have anything important. However if I wish to go back and ply them I think I will do what Silvalfo has done and go to a watch shop and get the battery replaced. I lost my Silver unfortunately though and have never gotten Crystal. So I currently have:

- Red
- Blue
- Yellow
- Gold - x2 (Somehow lost a Silver and gained another Gold?)

I think either Red or Blue works and the other doesn't. One Gold works and the other doesn't. And I got Yellow off of Ebay recently and it works perfect. :)

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 03-27-2011, 02:43 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

As far as I'm concerned, mine work perfectly fine! ^^;

(HOLY CRAP GOOGLE CHROME WHAT AM I TO DO WITH YOU. O_O
It's so. FAST.)
Old 04-16-2011, 04:29 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Average life of the battery's something like 10-15 years. So it's unfortunate, but you won't be able to show your child anything if it's like 10-15 years into the future. The GS ones die faster because it keeps track of time as well.

AFAIK, all pokemon games suffer from this plague sooner or later. DPPBW era games you can make a back-up save by exporting the save out via action replay. That would be a permanent save in that sense, since it'll be ported to a more durable hard drive.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

i too can verify this by saying I own 2 copies of Emerald. 1 of which is the original i bought when it came out for myself and my son to play pkmn with. and the other which i obtained threw craigslist for 25 bux including a pink Gameboy advance SP plus the link cables for my other emerald..

so here's the funny part i had begun to trade from these two for the DEX and right around HG/SS came out i began to play these less, the Emerald which had been my original would read somethings saying about the internal battery has run dry...that the game would save but certain fuctions of the game say time wouldnt work...

other than that its tip top but i found out later that it only applies to the berry growing factor in my game..

Pokérus Empire
Old 04-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Scorchy0 Offline
New Trainer

just Checked my Red, Blue, and Yellow and they still have save files on them, so does crystal.

Silver on the otherhand doesnt, but I already knew that, bought it that way at gamestop but didnt realize it untill a month after I bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
i too can verify this by saying I own 2 copies of Emerald. 1 of which is the original i bought when it came out for myself and my son to play pkmn with. and the other which i obtained threw craigslist for 25 bux including a pink Gameboy advance SP plus the link cables for my other emerald..

so here's the funny part i had begun to trade from these two for the DEX and right around HG/SS came out i began to play these less, the Emerald which had been my original would read somethings saying about the internal battery has run dry...that the game would save but certain fuctions of the game say time wouldnt work...

other than that its tip top but i found out later that it only applies to the berry growing factor in my game..

yeah my Ruby game has the "Internal Battery has run dry, the game can be saved however clock based events will no longer occur" but im not to worried about that since I can still grow berries on my emerald and just send them over if i need them
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

It all happens eventually. My only question is this... how the hell are we going to repair them when the batteries become outdated and obsolete, like, when stores stop selling the batteries that are needed to repair them in the future? In the Pokemon world, there will be much crying when the last Crystal poops out on us.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
It all happens eventually. My only question is this... how the hell are we going to repair them when the batteries become outdated and obsolete, like, when stores stop selling the batteries that are needed to repair them in the future? In the Pokemon world, there will be much crying when the last Crystal poops out on us.
I heard something called ROMs exist.

My Red Version still works with it's original battery, and I got it not too long after it was released. Blue and Gold were played to the ground unfortunately.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Diazanite Offline

my R/Y/B G/S/C got them all a few days after they came out. they still work fine, i got leaf green and emerald and they all still work fine.
Black IGN: Grant FC: idk if there is one...>.<
Old 04-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
I heard something called ROMs exist.

My Red Version still works with it's original battery, and I got it not too long after it was released. Blue and Gold were played to the ground unfortunately.
While I have had a few ROMs, it is illegal and it is not the same as having the actual game.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post

it also affects being able to get latios/latias iirc

|thedynamicduo|
Old 04-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Quote:
While I have had a few ROMs, it is illegal and it is not the same as having the actual game.
They aren't illegal if you own the game you have a ROM of.

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 04-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. The batteries used are like certain watch batteries. Until watches become obsolete, the batteries will be around.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 AM
haffausly Offline
New Trainer

Default знакомства по

Онлайн секс на тимирязевской Девушку для секса в мурманской области знакомства онлайн фото сайт знакомств lov Сайт секс знакомств новосибирск знакомства кирово чепецк Секс знакомства в доброполье Знакомство для секса в сараове секс в одноклассниках регистрация Хочу секса в тюменской области луза знакомства пинега знакомства Знакомство для секса самаре знакомсва на маил Знакомства для секса в ставрополе интим знакомства и обмен фото Знакомства для секса южа интим знакомств в Знакомства для секса в городе азнакаево р. татарстан знакомства в одессе с телефоном Знакомства в буденновске Секс знакомство в воронеже секс знакомства мурманская область Дмитров знакомства для секса знакомства девушки питера знакомства с лесбиянкой секс знакомства люберцы Секс ивангород знакомства знакомства майл Секс за деньги знакомства шлючи быстрые знакомства в москве Нижнекамский секс-сайт знакомств знакомства в городе сургуте знакомства респ башкортостан Света фокина знакомства для секса казанский сайт знакомств Секс знакомства в уренгое Дети секс знакомства Переписка с девушкой в липецкой области
Секс знакомства г.шымкент сайт знакомств маил сайт знакомств в донецке
Closed Thread