Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 11-23-2011, 09:09 AM
MuddyMudkip Offline

Default Individual RP: Speed-X

OOC: Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any, especially if there's anything unclear with the new changes to the Park since your last visit. ^^

Ranger Elisa Fleming

NBP#1

<She didn't pay the right amount of fees. Why are you still taking her through?> Archer, my Gallade, tried to reason with me again through our telephatic mindlink. He had asked it for, oh I don't know, maybe about a million times already. True, I was stubborn sometimes, but he was more adamant in many more situations.

I heaved a heavy sigh audibly. I turned to face my Pokemon, looking him straight in the eye. He stared straight back at me; his gaze never faltering. My hand gripped the sash of my brown messenger bag tightly as my eyes continued to bore into his. {Look, she paid, okay? She's a new trainer - she probably didn't know that there was a need for that extra $500 for the next Pokemon you bring in after the two you're permitted to take with you. I didn't say I would take her through when she still owes the Park a bit of cash. I'm just going out there to meet her, tell her about it, and then take her through once she does pay. That clear enough for you?} I shot back, arguing with him further.

I saw him hesitate ever-so-slightly. I struggled to keep down the grin that was starting to play on my lips - I knew I had almost won our, uh, small verbal clash. He let out a sigh of defeat, but I also detected a hint of defiance. I hadn't won this fight just yet - well, not completely, anyway.

We had been discussing about Subayai, a new trainer coming to explore one of the zones of the National Park - specifically the Botanic Gardens. She had sent in her application, but had not paid the right amount. She had only given the entrance fee of $2500, which only permitted her to bring along two Pokemon. For every next creature thereafter, she would have to pay an extra $500. She had brought in three of her partners with her, but had forgotten to pay the Extra Pokemon Permit fees.

"Elisa!" a voice called after me as I turned to head out of the Ranger Headquarters. I turned to see James Carter, an Elite Ranger, coming straight towards me. I raised an eyebrow at him, portraying a "Hm?" sort of expression, as he stopped in front of me. "You don't need to worry about the trainer anymore. She's been contacted and she has paid just now."

"Alright. Thanks, Chainy," I replied with a nod of my head. This piece of news had seemed to lift up a burden from my shoulders. Now, the Park adventure could proceed smoothly. Relief washed over me like a tidal wave crashing down on me. I turned to the Blade Pokemon and, through telepathy, I told him, {Well, then, that settles it. We'd better get going now - Subayai's probably there already.}

<Mmm, okay. You sure you got everything you need?> With one of his blade-structured arms, he gestured over to my satchel. I quickly double-checked that I, indeed, had all the emergency supplies needed - escape items or Pokedolls as well as healing items, such us the Lava Cookies and the other herbal medicines.

I was then enveloped in a glowing blue bubble of Psychic-energy - this was the beginning of the teleportation process. I felt the aura around me getting stronger, tugging at me. Bit by bit, the molecules and atoms inside my body were being transported through a vortex and to the Botanic Gardens. Next thing I knew, I was standing right next to the big metal gates of the Park's zone. Archer appeared quickly beside me, then folded his arms across his chest in his usual adamant and arrogant manner.

Trainer Statistics:
Name: Subayai

Encounters Left: 15
Area Effects:
Pokemon Encountered: [none]
Current Encounter: [none]
Pokemon Captured: [none]

Total Items: Five Parkballs|Two Superballs|Three Max Potions|Three Full Heals|Two Full Restores|One Spicy Splendor Scent Spray|One Dreamily Dry Scent Spray|One Sweet Sensation Scent Spray|One Bitter Berry Scent Spray|One Sour Starfruit Scent Spray|One Mystery Mist Scent Spray|Five Cheri Berries|Eight Pecha Berries|Four Rawst Berries|Two Chesto Berries|Two Lum Berries|One Sitrus Berry
MCR: 0/???

Pokemon Stats

Sakyuu the Flygon (F) - 100%
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic|Giga Drain|Solar Beam|Flamethrower|Aerial Ace|Facade|Stone Edge|Sleep Talk|U-Turn|Substitute

Camerupt (M) - 100%
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Calm
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: [none]

Gengar (M) - 100%
Nature: Hardy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Substitute|Thunderbolt|Psychic|Rain Dance|Taunt|Giga Drain|Ice Punch|Fire Punch|Focus Punch|Sludge Bomb|Swagger|Psych Up|Protect|Sunny Day|Thunder|Snatch|Counter|Explosion|Snore|Sleep Talk|Rest|Focus Blast|Energy Ball|Will-O-Wisp|Shadow Claw|Poison Jab|Perish Song|Haze|Icy Wind

LINKS

Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 11-27-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: Individual RP: Speed-X

((OOC: Oh, okay! Thanks for posting this up! ^^ Sorry about getting a little impatient, I guess I just got a little excited. D: And thank you, I will. :3
Subayai is female, by the way. :3))

November. If it wasn't for the two major upcoming holidays, I would despise it; the weather turns cold, the sky dreary, and the air damp. beautiful novelty of threds and oranges of fall had by now vanished, leaving every tree and shrub completely barren. I, however, had hoped and slightly expected that the botanic gardens had not fell victim to this temporary gloom. After all, wasn't the climate usually pretty nice there? The leaves all still would have had to have falled by now, though, for this was not determined by the weather more so than by the change in the angle of the sun.

I had eagerly filled out all the necessary paperwork to enter the National Park. Even though during my first run I had an emergency call to leave--something having to do with an incident in the family--I actually wasn't nervous in the slightest. Sure, I hadn't finished my last run, but it's fine. I wasn't about to let that happen a second time.

I had made a somewhat embarassing blunder, however, during the sign-up. See, out of my contained excitement, I had forgotten to carefully read the terms to the sign-up sheet, thus I ended up paying a few dollars less than what I was supposed to. I didn't, however, come to know this until a few days after the registration process; the officials of the National Park had called me to bring it to my attention. Almost embarassed, I apologized profusely and had sent them the remaining money I had due.

Just sometime this morning I was informed that my registration sheet had been accepted and I that a Ranger was ready to take me through. I had then eagerly hopped out of bed and quickly went through the usual morning routines. I had plenty of time, but I just didn't want to be late. Perhaps I got that trait from my mother.

Unlike a lot of Rangers and other Trainers, I had no Psychic-typed Pokemon that would allow me to teleport to the location. That being said, I did have a Pokemon that could have flown there; even so, the National Park had an enormous map and I likely would have got us lost on the way there. Thus, I had to be taken there by an official of the park. Luckily the trip there was hassle-free and actually didn't take too terribly long.

I have now been sitting here for at least half an hour--I was a bit early, but I was okay with that. The weather, despite a few cloudy patches here and there, was relatively nice. That being said, the majority of the scenery by the gardens had stayed intact, which I was thankful for.

I had eventually noticed, somewhere in front of the bench I was sitting at, an entity that had started to materialize. No, sorry, actually it was two. It must have been the Ranger and their Pokemon. She looked to be somewhere around my own age, if not just a bit younger. I stood up from my post and casually walked over to the Ranger.
"Hello! You must be my Ranger, correct?" I politely inquired. "It's nice to meet you." Though it had been rather obvious that this was correct, I had asked so nonetheless. I suppose it was mainly out of good nature.

Last edited by Speed-X; 11-23-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:49 AM
MuddyMudkip Offline

OOC: Great first post! 3K's not bad (in fact, it's better than about half of the first posts I've seen) - keep it up.

Ranger Elisa Fleming

NBP#2

The trainer had already been there when we arrived. I felt quite embarrassed for being late and keeping her waiting, but - fortunately - she didn't seem to mind it that much.

"Hello! You must be my Ranger, correct?" She inquired, standing up from the bench she had been sitting at. "It's nice to meet you."

"Yeah. I'm Elisa Fleming, your ranger for this National park run through the Gardens," I replied as I smiled at her warmly. Quickly and politely, I apologized about my delay. "Sorry I'm late. I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long."

"This is Archer," I continued, gesturing over to the Blade Pokemon beside me. He nodded in acknowledgement, and I knew he was itching to get on with this run. "Let's get going then. We're burning daylight, so let's head off into the Botanic Gardens."

I turned, leading Subayai into the zone. I pushed the metal bars of the gate aside, the steel creaking as I did so. I made a mental note to get rid of the rust one of these days, or, at least, ask one of the other rangers to grease it down. A cool, morning breeze greeted us as we entered. I just loved the gusts that continuously blowed about in almost every zone of the Park. The only exception to this was the Abandoned Power Plant and Mount Deckbi - the wind flowing in the former gave the building a somewhat eerie chill to it (as what it was supposed to be, honestly); while the air in the latter was humid and warm, which wasn't really my cup of tea. But, if we were talking about these wide open spaces like the Gardens and Great Lakes, on the other hand, I just absolutely loved the breezes brushing their way through here and there. Even during the summer, we could still sometimes catch a couple of relaxing wafts of air.

There was one difference between the gusts of the Botanic Gardens and those swirling the Great Lakes, though. The Lakes had wind carrying the scent of water (salty or fresh, it doesn't matter) as well as mixed smells of grass. Here, it was really some fresh air we were breathing in - all grass, trees, flowers, and plants. Ah, the wildlife.

I dug my hands into the pockets of my Ranger vest casually as I walked down a trail. The green grass swayed in the breezes, most of them tickling at my jeans. The scenery here was truly a sight to see. I couldn't even describe it in words - your eyes would have to see it for yourself. It was just that beautiful. Unfortunately, we weren't exactly here for sight-seeing. I had to keep my eyes peeled out for the wild creatures wandering about in this area of the National Park, too.

"BUN-NEARY!" A loud cry of excitement rang out. I turned to my left, noticing a very much enthusiastic creature bounding up and down on its legs. It was a small furry mammalian Pokémon, who had long ears with pink ear insides. It had two coats of fur covering its body: a light tan or cream fleece that covered much of its lower body, feet and the tips of their ears; and a smooth chocolate colored pelt on the upper half of its body. It had a small, triangular, and pink nose, pink paw pads on the undersides of its feet, as well as small tan spots above its eyes. The Rabbit Pokemon had a small brown puff as a tail, and its right ear stood straight up - erect - while the other was flopped down.

I turned to the female trainer. "Would you be interested in battling this entity?"

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects:
Current Encounter: Buneary (?, ???)

Total Items: Five Parkballs|Two Superballs|Three Max Potions|Three Full Heals|Two Full Restores|One Spicy Splendor Scent Spray|One Dreamily Dry Scent Spray|One Sweet Sensation Scent Spray|One Bitter Berry Scent Spray|One Sour Starfruit Scent Spray|One Mystery Mist Scent Spray|Five Cheri Berries|Eight Pecha Berries|Four Rawst Berries|Two Chesto Berries|Two Lum Berries|One Sitrus Berry
MCR: 3036/9,000

Pokemon Stats

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Toxic|Giga Drain|Solar Beam|Flamethrower|Aerial Ace|Facade|Stone Edge|Sleep Talk|U-Turn|Substitute

Camerupt (M) - 100%

Gengar (M) - 100%
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Substitute|Thunderbolt|Psychic|Rain Dance|Taunt|Giga Drain|Ice Punch|Fire Punch|Focus Punch|Sludge Bomb|Swagger|Psych Up|Protect|Sunny Day|Thunder|Snatch|Counter|Explosion|Snore|Sleep Talk|Rest|Focus Blast|Energy Ball|Will-O-Wisp|Shadow Claw|Poison Jab|Perish Song|Haze|Icy Wind

LINKS
Old 12-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Speed-X Offline

((OOC: Phew, okay. Sorry for such a wait. I've had...I've had it really hard this week....))
"Yeah. I'm Elisa Fleming, your ranger for this National park run through the Gardens," She gave a warm smile. Elisa then curtly apologized, "Sorry I'm late. I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long."

"Nah, it's okay. I was here a little early anyways." I waved my hand dismissively.

"This is Archer," she gestured over to the green, blade-armed Pokemon that only stood about an inch above me. "Huh, that's odd. I always thought Gallade were a bit taller than that." I chuckled in my head, "Guess I've just never seen one before."

Casually smiling, I gave the humanoid Pokemon a slight wave; he nodded back in acknowledgment. He seemed a little tense, as if urging to just get on with this run through the gardens.

"Well," Elisa continued, "Let's get going then. We're burning daylight, so let's head off into the Botanic Gardens."

I nodded in agreement, chuckling faintly. "Alright then. Yeah, it gets dark pretty fast this time of the year."

Pushing open the metal gate with a loud creak, I was led into the area. I had been here before, but the beauty of it all still left me in awe: a vivid grassy field; frequent clusters of both wild flowers and domesticated one alike; some occasional small trees planted here and there, almost forming a path; different species of Pokemon splashing in a small pond up ahead and playing throughout the garden...need I go on much longer? It was just the perfect, ideal view. I remembered having gone to a garden before similar to this one, which, in my honest opinion was absolutely gorgeous; in fact, perhaps said garden was even more beautiful than this one, aesthetically speaking...and it had so much space. But just the frequent sighting of all different types and species of Pokemon living in harmony, well...that just seemed to give the Botanic Gardens' a much more lively, friendly appearance.

And to top it off, the climate was still rather beautiful and temperate around here--perhaps at about 65 degrees Farenheit. Of course, how could I have expected anything less?
"Aww, I knew I shouldn't have brought a jacket." I pouted to myself. "Ah well, I can probably tie it around my waist or something." I did just this as soon as the thought came to mind.

Just then, a rabbit-like Pokemon confronted us. "BUN-NEARY!" It shouted, jubilously bouncing up and down on the soft grass. His appearance was petite, fluffy, and just plain cute: a shining chocolate-colored pelt, rather large eyes, a small pink nose, bundles of cream fluff concealing its body from its waist down...oh, and the ears. Big and fluffy, but anyone in their right mind to piss this little fellow off or upset it severely would feel the wrath of those ears. See, despite appearing cute and cuddly, Buneary had the ability to curl up and forcefully uncoil its large ears--almost like a flick, but apparently ten times more powerful and apparently much more painful--with a stinging sensation that had the ability to make even grown men cringe. This little guy seemed pretty friendly, though, so I didn't feel at all threatened.

Elisa turned toward me. "Would you be interested in battling this entity?"

Usually I wouldn't want such a Pokemon, but...well, this little Buneary would evolve into a great varied fighter. From what I remembered, Lopunny learns some pretty decent moves--and that's just in its learnset--which, even though it's questionable whether he would be good with any competitive battling, he would be great for any future park runs I end up making; on the plus side, Buneary has only one weakness, being a Normal-type.

I nodded. "Sure, I don't see why not. Buneary will end up knowing some pretty decent moves when it evolves, so it'd be great for any other park runs I end up making."

"Let's see..." I thought. "What would be the best Pokemon for me to send out for this little guy? I mean, I want to be able to get some pretty good damage in, but I don't want my Pokemon to knock out the lil' fella. Sakyuu, well...she's pretty high-spirited, and from what I've seen she doesn't usually prefer going all-out with this type of thing. Only problem is, is that she might end up befriending the wild Pokemon instead, and I don't know if that will help much. Camerupt is pretty chill with things, so he would probably hold back, too...but most of his moves are direct-contact attacks, which he really doesn't like to have to do. Gengar is pretty powerful and sneaky, but he tends to like to outdo it. Maybe I'll just send out Flygon."

I had made my decision, despite having taken several seconds; I certainly hoped that this didn't make the Buneary impatient.

"Okay. You want a battle?" I rhetorically asked the Buneary. "Then we'll battle. Sakyuu, I'm sending you out."

I quickly unclipped her Pokeball from the side of my bag, and simply gave the center button a push. It went in with a click and opened widely, releasing a translucent ray which hastily materialized into a Flygon.

"Okay, Sakyuu. We probably need to be a little more careful this time." I started. "Try starting out with a Supersonic in order to disorient Buneary a little bit--make sure to try to get your aim right, because Buneary could probably dodge it pretty easily. And if it's not too much of a hassle, maybe you could try a Sand-Attack afterwards for a double-whammy?"

I quickly gave myself a mental face-palm upon remembering the last incident. Last time, I'm pretty sure that I told her to use Sonicboom at a Bayleef and she ended up blowing away a lot of the foliage. I didn't dare mention it to Sakyuu, because after the incident she felt a little guilty. I told her it was okay though; I mean, after all, it really wasn't her fault or anything.

"Fllyyyygon!" She confirmed in her shrill, almost ragged voice. I had a feeling that she would agree and try her best, acting like it's no big deal; however, I just hoped that this order wasn't too much for the happy-go-lucky dragonfly.

Flygon let off a terrible, high-frequency cry concentrated at the poor Buneary. This move--somehow--had a rather low accuracy, so Sakyuu would really have had to stay alert just in case if Buneary did end up dodging it.
I was jolted slightly by a sudden epiphany. "...Hmm. Maybe Buneary will be more likely to pick up on the sound waves due to its big ears! Ah, of course; I can't believe I didn't even think of that initially."
((OOC: Oh my god, this ended up rather long. O_o ))
Old 12-04-2011, 03:11 AM
MuddyMudkip Offline

OOC: Wow, great battle post! :) Gender of Buneary?

Ranger Elisa Fleming

BP#1

"Sure, I don't see why not. Buneary will end up knowing some pretty decent moves when it evolves, so it'd be great for any other park runs I end up making." The energetic, little bunny looked up at the trainer expectantly. It took her a few seconds to decide on which Pokemon she would send out into combat.

She quickly unclipped a red-and-white orb from the side of her bag, calmly pressing the center button. With a flash of bright light, the sphere snapped open to release its inhabitant. The erratic shimmering beam shot upwards into the air, pushing the creature with it. A Flygon soon materialized from the glowing silhouette, wings flapping cheerfully and everything. She spread her wings and soared into the sky, going round and round joyfully.

"Okay, Sakyuu. We probably need to be a little more careful this time," Subayai told her partner. "Try starting out with a Supersonic in order to disorient Buneary a little bit - make sure to try to get your aim right, because Buneary could probably dodge it pretty easily. And if it's not too much of a hassle, maybe you could try a Sand-Attack afterwards for a double-whammy?"

A lot of trainers often started out with trying to inflict a status ailment upon their opponent - and this case was no exception. Confusion wasn't one of the major status conditions, yet it was still very helpful in battle (unless, of course, if your Pokemon was the one who was confused). There was just something a little off or weird about Supersonic - most people believed that the move could be evaded if the target was quick enough. I didn't think this was right because any entity couldn't possibly dodge sound, could they? After all, the attack was a sound-based move - much like echolocation.

The Ground-Dragon-type let out a shrill growl of acknowledgement, then proceeded to flap her wings swiftly. Due to the rapid friction of moving her wings in that manner, large, faint blue circles appeared in front of them. More waves continued to originate from the movements. She then directed this barrage of sound streaks at the opponent, following it up with a high-pitched stream of noise coming from her own nuzzle. The cry she emitted caused the Normal-type quite a bit of pain, due to it having sensitive hearing. The noise echoed around the area, spreading like a wildfire. My hands shot up to cover my own ears. My vision began to cloud up; my head began to ache. Colors and objects swirled around. I couldn't believe I was the one getting dizzy. I was certain, however, that the Rabbit Pokemon was very much dazed and confused, too.

<AAARGH!!!> Archer screamed out in his head, which meant that he was shouting out in agony in my head, as well thanks to the telepathic mind-link. As if my ears weren't already ringing from the Mystic Pokemon's ear-splitting assault. I quickly retrieved his Pokeball from my brown satchel. He was sucked back into the orb with a zig-zagging beam of red light. I had done, not only my Gallade a huge favor, but also my own self.

Sakyuu then proceeded to perform the second part of the combo to complete it. She lowered herself down until she was near enough to the ground to kick up some sand and grit. She swing her tail back and forth against the dirt trail. A cloud of dust emerged, which then became a stream. She gave it another shove of her tail, hurtling it towards the wild encounter. The sand landed smack-dab on the target's face, clouding its vision. I knew that having sand in your eyes could sting pretty badly, so I wasn't very surprised when the Buneary wailed and flinched.

It tried to avenge itself, pushing its ears up and down and trying to figure out just where its enemy was. Unfortunately (for the Normal-type, at least), confusion kicked in. It began to slap itself continuously while its eyes were still closed tightly shut. I presumed it was still hurting too much for it to open them again. I didn't know when the pain would stop, but as long as it was in that state, Subayai could probably get a pretty easy win here.

When the Rabbit Pokemon finally stopped hitting itself, it decided to curl up into a ball. It was the least it could do for itself now, what with it being confused and eyes - practically - bleeding with pain now. It glowed slightly for a few moments, and when it uncurled itself and slowly stood up again, it looked much fresher. Its guard against physical attacks was up and stronger now. Maybe, just maybe, it still stood a chance.

[center]BATTLE STATS:
Wild Buneary (?, ???)
Health: 86%
Currently Using: [none]
Last Move Used: Pound (hit self) + Defense Curl

..::VS::..

Sakyuu the Flygon (F, Jolly)
Health: 100%
Last Move Used: Supersonic + Sand Attack

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects:

MCR: 6346/9,000

Pokemon Stats

<Currently Out of Ball; Currently Engaged in Battle>

Camerupt (M) - 100%

Gengar (M) - 100%

LINKS
Old 12-04-2011, 03:11 AM
MuddyMudkip Offline

OOC: Wow, great battle post! :) Gender of Buneary?

Ranger Elisa Fleming

BP#1

"Sure, I don't see why not. Buneary will end up knowing some pretty decent moves when it evolves, so it'd be great for any other park runs I end up making." The energetic, little bunny looked up at the trainer expectantly. It took her a few seconds to decide on which Pokemon she would send out into combat.

She quickly unclipped a red-and-white orb from the side of her bag, calmly pressing the center button. With a flash of bright light, the sphere snapped open to release its inhabitant. The erratic shimmering beam shot upwards into the air, pushing the creature with it. A Flygon soon materialized from the glowing silhouette, wings flapping cheerfully and everything. She spread her wings and soared into the sky, going round and round joyfully.

"Okay, Sakyuu. We probably need to be a little more careful this time," Subayai told her partner. "Try starting out with a Supersonic in order to disorient Buneary a little bit - make sure to try to get your aim right, because Buneary could probably dodge it pretty easily. And if it's not too much of a hassle, maybe you could try a Sand-Attack afterwards for a double-whammy?"

A lot of trainers often started out with trying to inflict a status ailment upon their opponent - and this case was no exception. Confusion wasn't one of the major status conditions, yet it was still very helpful in battle (unless, of course, if your Pokemon was the one who was confused). There was just something a little off or weird about Supersonic - most people believed that the move could be evaded if the target was quick enough. I didn't think this was right because any entity couldn't possibly dodge sound, could they? After all, the attack was a sound-based move - much like echolocation.

The Ground-Dragon-type let out a shrill growl of acknowledgement, then proceeded to flap her wings swiftly. Due to the rapid friction of moving her wings in that manner, large, faint blue circles appeared in front of them. More waves continued to originate from the movements. She then directed this barrage of sound streaks at the opponent, following it up with a high-pitched stream of noise coming from her own nuzzle. The cry she emitted caused the Normal-type quite a bit of pain, due to it having sensitive hearing. The noise echoed around the area, spreading like a wildfire. My hands shot up to cover my own ears. My vision began to cloud up; my head began to ache. Colors and objects swirled around. I couldn't believe I was the one getting dizzy. I was certain, however, that the Rabbit Pokemon was very much dazed and confused, too.

<AAARGH!!!> Archer screamed out in his head, which meant that he was shouting out in agony in my head, as well thanks to the telepathic mind-link. As if my ears weren't already ringing from the Mystic Pokemon's ear-splitting assault. I quickly retrieved his Pokeball from my brown satchel. He was sucked back into the orb with a zig-zagging beam of red light. I had done, not only my Gallade a huge favor, but also my own self.

Sakyuu then proceeded to perform the second part of the combo to complete it. She lowered herself down until she was near enough to the ground to kick up some sand and grit. She swing her tail back and forth against the dirt trail. A cloud of dust emerged, which then became a stream. She gave it another shove of her tail, hurtling it towards the wild encounter. The sand landed smack-dab on the target's face, clouding its vision. I knew that having sand in your eyes could sting pretty badly, so I wasn't very surprised when the Buneary wailed and flinched.

It tried to avenge itself, pushing its ears up and down and trying to figure out just where its enemy was. Unfortunately (for the Normal-type, at least), confusion kicked in. It began to slap itself continuously while its eyes were still closed tightly shut. I presumed it was still hurting too much for it to open them again. I didn't know when the pain would stop, but as long as it was in that state, Subayai could probably get a pretty easy win here.

When the Rabbit Pokemon finally stopped hitting itself, it decided to curl up into a ball. It was the least it could do for itself now, what with it being confused and eyes - practically - bleeding with pain now. It glowed slightly for a few moments, and when it uncurled itself and slowly stood up again, it looked much fresher. Its guard against physical attacks was up and stronger now. Maybe, just maybe, it still stood a chance.

BATTLE STATS:
Wild Buneary (?, ???)
Health: 86%
Last Move Used: Pound (hit self) + Defense Curl

Health: 100%
Last Move Used: Supersonic + Sand Attack

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects:

MCR: 6346/9,000

Pokemon Stats

Camerupt (M) - 100%

Gengar (M) - 100%

LINKS
Old 12-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Speed-X Offline

(OOC: Hahah, thanks! And yeah, I tried to embed the gender into my post there. *Points to paragraph* :3 Male. ^^; Because Female Buneary are overrated. 8D
And oops, double post much? XD I hate it when that happens.)
To my agony, I had completely forgotten--somehow--about Supersonic's immense power, so upon hearing the terrible sound, I was caught completely off-guard. I winced and covered my ears, slightly doubling over and tensing up where I stood. For a short while my vision blurred and I was seeing white. That and little blotches of colors here and there, and I could feel my skull rattling, almost. Reacting to this, I shut my eyes. Of course, why hadn't I done that already by now?

Shortly after, I noticed that Elisa and Archer were doing the same, cringing in agony. "God, I'm such an idiot. I should have told them to prepare for that." I mentally kicked myself. "Then again, I also guess I didn't realize that being a Flygon, Sakyuu is able to double it up pretty well. Ah...no use telling them right now. It's not like they'll be able to hear me over this."

Luckily, the tormenting screech soon came to a hault. It felt almost like forever, though, and a high-frequency ringing continued to buzz through my head for several seconds, most likely an aftermath. When I looked back up, I noticed that Buneary was in even worse pain, trying to curl his ears up as close to its head as possible at an attempt to cancel out the noise. Poor thing. I can't even imagine what it must have felt like for him...I mean, due to the large ears, Buneary have much more sensitive hearing than a human. At times that could be a great advantage, but at times like this, a major hindrance.

Sakyuu proceeded with a Sand-Attack, just like I had ordered, kicking up nearby dirt with her tail. Said matter started to form a cloud of dust right before Sakyuu flung it at the rabbit Pokemon's eyes. Not to my surprise, the attack hit straight-on, nearly blinding the pitiful Buneary.

The Normal-type looked as if he was about to attempt at recoiling with a trick of his own, but instead succeeded at smacking himself in the face repeatedly, eyes squeezed shut from the previous assault.

Slightly coming to its senses, but still not quite fully, Buneary haulted at his unintentional act of self-harm and proceeded to curl up tightly, almost into a ball-like shape. Once it uncoiled, it appeared slightly more refreshed, almost glowing. Its eyes, however, were still slightly squinted.

"Great job, Sakyuu!" I encouraged. "Since its defenses are up a little more now, maybe we can get in a physical attack so that we don't completely knock out the poor thing. Try starting up by sneaking behind it, kinda like how you do with Faint Attack; then slash it with Dragon Claw!" I ordered hearteningly.

I was fully aware of the fact that the Buneary, despite being severely handicapped, still had a pretty good chance of dodging it and/or launching a counter attack at Flygon; I wasn't just about to go ahead underestimate him. However, I decided that since it's pretty vulnerable as is, so I didn't want to have my Flygon to go all-out at him; the majority of her moves are pretty powerful. I noted that because of this, Dragon Claw was a bit of a risky decision, but I was willing to give it a shot.

"Sorry, but there might be a lot more dust blowing around here, so brace yourself." I alerted. Yes, it did come to me that the Ranger would perhaps be aware of this, but I found it simply polite to give a forewarning. Especially after I forgot to do so with Sakyuu's Supersonic attack; it was the least I could do.

"Flyyyyy!" She estatically cried. At this, Sakyuu proceeded to kick up more dirt to attempt to cover the arena in a thick, cloudy layer of dust in order to obscure vision so that she could successfully sneak around behind Buneary.
((OOC: I really would be more leaning on describing the attack here, but it's out of my control whether Flygon's "sneak" as is would be successful, so yeah. ^^; Just don't want to "bunny," kinda.))
Old 12-09-2011, 11:44 AM
MuddyMudkip Offline

OOC: Sorry for the delay - it's been a hectic week. Well when stuff like that happens (like we're not sure if the plan's going to work), we usually do something like, "My plan was like this: First, she would blah blah blah (describing the combo here)." Or something of that sort.

Ranger Elisa Fleming

BP#2

Subayai decided that since the Buneary's defenses were now up, she could order her partner to attack with a Physical assault. It was less risky than using a Special move in this case - after all, she didn't want to knock the poor thing out into unconsciousness. The planned Physical attack would do less damage now, therefore, there was a smaller chance that it would overwhelm the bunny.

She commanded for a sneak attack sort of thing - Sakyuu would sneak around to the back of the Rabbit Pokemon then proceed with a Dragon Claw. To make sure she wasn't to be spotted in any case (even though the wild entity couldn't actually see very much right now, to begin with), the Flygon began to kick up some dust.

"Sorry, but there might be a lot more dust blowing around here, so brace yourself." The trainer warned. I nodded in acknowledgement. I quickly racked my mind to think off ways to ward off the sand that was bound to blanket the area. However, it took me a few moments before an idea popped in my head - perhaps my brain was still quite shaken thanks to the shrill screeches from earlier. I quickly called Archer back out of his Pokeball - much to his dislike.

<Archer, think you can make some sort of shield against the sand and dust swirling around here?> I asked him hurriedly. I knew my Pokemon was strong enough to create a kind of forcefield made of Psychic energy to protect all of us from the sand.

He quickly channeled his power into his arms, a glow now radiating off them. A moment later, a rectangular screen in the color of light blue formed in front of us. As the Blade Pokemon continued to build up energy into what he was doing, the shield grew larger and larger. My eyes would catch the glimmering thing glinting under the rays of the sun. It was both beautiful and strong, shimmering with energy.

I was seeing blue now. As I looked through the transparent glass-llike material, I saw sand whipping out from here and there. I knew that the Flygon was doing her job perfectly. I could barely even see her from this angle; I could only catch parts of her body, mostly her wings, sticking out every now and then. They would disappear back into the clouds of dust almost as soon as I noticed them.

I didn't know what was happening. The layers of sand was just much too thick. Only a few minutes later did I realize that everything had gone according to plan - I heard a shout. A cry of pain. And that could only have meant one thing. The assault had been launched from behind, and had been successful.

I'm not a hundred percent sure how it happened. But it could have gone something like this: Before the sand and dust had a chance to settle, the Mystic Pokemon zipped to behind her target. The male Normal-type, confused and with his eyes still stinging, didn't notice her sneaking around at all. Then, when he least expected it, she attacked. Her claws probably glowed a bright blue hue, then she charged in with her arms out-strectched and ready to slash at her opponent. When she had reached a reasonable ranger, she swung her arm against the cotton pelt of the Buneary. This most likely elicited the scream out of him, and the strike might have created a torn in the small of his back. I don't believe it stopped there, though. After all, another wail echoed around us. Strike number two. More came, and I believe that definitely says a lot. It was not looking good for the wild creature.

The dust cleared, and it looked as though his eyes weren't stinging that much any longer. He blinked a few times, trying to get the remaining bits of dirt out. His eyes seemed a bit watery, which wasn't very surprising considering what had already happened. He turned his attention to the Ground-Dragon-type, focusing on avenging himself.

He crouched down low, preparing his legs for the leap. Next thing I knew, the Rabbit Pokemon had jumped. He soared into the air as if he had wings. Then, gravity pulled him down right when and where he wanted the magnetic force to. His powerful feet slammed into the torso of Sakyuu, causing her to wince from the impact. The force pushed her back by quite a bit, but lucky for the trainer, she hadn't crashed to the ground. The Normal-type, with all his grace, did some sort of a 360-degree flip before landing calmly on the lush, green grass. He landed on both feet with not even the slightest of reactions - as if nothing had happened; as if it was as easy and as simple as that... On second thought, perhaps it was - for a bunny, that is.

He wasn't done yet, though. Mustering a whole load of his power and energy, he closed his eyes in concentration. He set his hands out in front of him, the palms of his hands facing each other a few inches apart. There, in between his paws, formed a ball of rushing water. He lifted it up above his curled up ears as it continued to enlarge. In a few moments' time, he would release the orb - smashing it forward but in a downward motion to create a tidal wave in the Botanic Gardens. The wave would rise high - I expect - high enough to reach its target.

Subayai and Sakyuu only had so much time to prepare a counter-assault or something of that sort.

BATTLE STATS:
Wild Buneary (M, ???)
Health: 59%
Currently Using: Water Pulse
Last Move Used: Bounce

Health: 85%
Last Move Used: Dragon Claw

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects:
Current Encounter: Buneary (M, ???)

MCR: 9967/9,000

Pokemon Stats

Sakyuu the Flygon (F) - 85%

Camerupt (M) - 100%

Gengar (M) - 100%

LINKS
Old 12-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Speed-X Offline

As Sakyuu kicked up more dust, a small--yet thick--sandstorm formed; thus it was virtually impossible to see anything. Luckily Elisa's Gallade was sent out and used Protect in order to keep us behind a solid wall of psychic energy. Sand still got through to us from the sides and whatnot, but it wasn't anything too major. Just sand, anyway.

It was then that I remembered that I really should apologize to them about the Supersonic incident as soon as the battle came to a close.

I heard a cry in pain from the Buneary, then another shortly afterwards. Perfect. My plan had worked out great, maybe even better than I had anticipated.

Soon the sandstorm started to fade, until it completely subsided. Archer's Protect shield was released, and the world out in front came back into view, gradually becoming more and more clear. Buneary appeared to be in pain and its eyes still watery, though it was becoming apparent that the effect from Sakyuu's earlier Sand-Attack was starting to fade.

Once the petite Normal-type finished rubbing his eyes in an attempt to get any remains of debris out, he glanced back over at Sakyuu with a glower slightly contorting his face. He did still look a bit dazed, though this didn't even seem to faze Buneary at the moment. No, it was obviously too focused on getting revenge.

Buneary crouched as if charging up, then sprung into the air with incredible force. As quickly as he bounced up, he crashed back down to earth, plummeting right at Sakyuu, feet first. Being the physically capable mammal-like Pokemon it was--after all, it did execute a skillfull Bounce attack--a Buneary's legs were indeed rather powerful.

Buneary made a rather heavy impact to Sakyuu's torso area, receiving a wince and a slight cry from her in reply. Luckily this didn't faze her too terribly, but it was still apparent that it did a considerable amount of damage.

The Buneary stylishly and gracefully landed on the lush grass, 360-flip and everything. Just like that. Like nothing ever happened.

"Hmm. Sassy, are we?" I remarked inaudably.

The Buneary, however, barely gave time to react; right after his landing, he performed an almost meditation-like gesture, with his arms folded out in front of him and palms facing each other, inches apart. A glow of a slight tinge of blue began to form between them, seconds later growing into an orb of rushing water.

"Oh boy, Water Pulse." I wasn't, however, about to let Sakyuu simply fall victim to it. That is, not without a fight.

"Sakyuu, awesome job!" I called out. The Flygon cried out happily in response. "Charge up a Sonicboom attack, and as soon as Buneary launches that Water Pulse at you, launch your Sonicboom attack." I was expecting that Sonicboom would slice the pulse of water in half as if it were butter, and maybe even hitting through to Buneary a little, but I could have been wrong. Sonicboom, however, did generally call for the user to launch out solid shockwaves with either its wings or with sound, said shockwaves taking an almost-invisible blade-like form that makes a beeline for its target.

"Then make sure to use a Giga Drain to restore a little bit of HP! Try not to overdo it though, we want to make sure to not knock out the poor thing."

Sakyuu followed her commands, flapping her wings to charge a swift Sonicboom attack.

After giving my order, I hastily dug a Parkball from the depths of my bag. I pressed the center button to enlarge it (who ever knew that they had the technology to make Pokeballs have the ability to shrink like that?), gripping it tightly. I was ready for an opening so I could throw the thing, mentally picturing how I was going to throw this thing. I sure hoped I'd get the aim right and wouldn't just blatantly miss Buneary.

I'm not that clumsy mind you, but I was simply nervous. That kind of thing happens to even the best of us sometimes, anyway.
OOC: Sorry for the slight wait!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:21 AM
MuddyMudkip Offline

Ranger Elisa Fleming

BP#3

"Sakyuu, awesome job!" Subayai called out to her Pokemon, praising and encouraging the Flygon to continue on. She cried out happily in response. "Charge up a Sonicboom attack, and as soon as Buneary launches that Water Pulse at you, launch your Sonicboom attack."

"Then make sure to use a Giga Drain to restore a little bit of HP! Try not to overdo it though, we want to make sure to not knock out the poor thing."

She gathered up her energy, directing it towards her tail where the sound waves would emerge from later on. She swung her tail back and forth a couple of times, getting ready to launch the attack. The wild entity then flung the water orb forward yet downward. I immediately knew what this meant. You see, there are two variations of the Water Pulse attack - one is when the sphere is sent flying directly towards the target; the other is when it first bounces on something as some sort of a jumping pad to create a tidal wave. And, in this case, the latter was exactly what the Buneary had chosen.

The globule hit the grass with a soft thud, then soared straight back up into the air as a whole new thing. Quickly, the Mystic Pokemon flicked her tail, releasing a curved-shaped sound wave. She swung it again, pushing out another one. Both cut through the wave of rushing water, eliminating it from the battle. The second of the Sonicbooms made it through, though, proceeding to slam into the Rabbit Pokemon. He hadn't been expecting the assault at all, thinking that, if his wave was destroyed, then the sound waves would have been, too. He was sent flying about two, maybe three, feet backwards as the boom collided with the soft pelt of his torso. His head hit the grassy ground, causing him to get a bit dazed again. He shook his head as he stood, thinking of how to take his revenge on the Ground-Dragon-type.

Meanwhile, the trainer's partner continued on carrying out the command. Her whole body began to glow a bright green color - a lighter green compared to that of the grass; lime green. Vine-like streaks shot out from some part of the entity's body, winding their way to the Normal-type. They wrapped around his body, binding him tightly. The assault sucked out the health and energy from within him, transporting a portion of it back to Sakyuu. Suddenly, she felt refreshed and recharged. However, she knew this battle was soon coming to a close - the wild Buneary was very much damaged and weak as of the moment, and Subayai had already brought out a Parkball.

When the Giga Drain attack had been completed, the bunny almost immediately sprang up into the air. I thought he was going to try for another Bounce like earlier, but I was wrong. Only one of his two feet were extended, as if ready to kick in whatever motion or direction he pleased. The Mystic Pokemon hadn't much time to react. She was kicked somewhere in the neck, the force of the collision sending them both downwards to the ground. Fortunately for the Ground-Dragon-type, she managed to regain her altitude as the Rabbit Pokemon landed smoothly on the grass.

Taking this opportunity, the trainer tossed the camo-colored orb at the wild organism. It tapped the Normal-type's ears lightly, and bounced back up by a few inches to crack open. Red light flooded out of the sphere, enveloping the tired Buneary. The erratic rays sucked him into the Parkball, which then snapped shut. It landed on the dirt trail, shaking and wriggling as though he was still trying to fight. A few moments passed, the ball constantly wobbling back and forth, then a soft, barely-audible but satisfying click was heard.

I walked over to pick the now-occupied Parkball up. I zipped open my brown messenger bag, carefully placing it inside. "Congratulations!" I told Subayai with a smile. "As per Park policy, I'll have to hold on to this until the end of the run, though. Rest up for a moment or two, if you'd like. Then, we could continue down this path or head off to the greenhouses over there." I pointed to to somewhere far off to the right where a number of greenhouses were situated.

BATTLE STATS:
Wild Buneary (M, Quirky)
Health: 26.5%
Last Move Used: Hi Jump Kick

Health: 78%
Last Move Used: Sonicboom+Giga Drain

Trainer Statistics:

Encounters Left: 14
Area Effects:
Pokemon Encountered: Buneary (M, Quirky)
Current Encounter: [none]
Pokemon Captured: Buneary (M, Quirky)

MCR: 0/???

Pokemon Stats

Sakyuu the Flygon (F) - 78%
<Currently Out of Ball>

Camerupt (M) - 100%

Gengar (M) - 100%

LINKS
Old 12-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Speed-X Offline

Buneary and Sakyuu both launched their attack; except that Buneary actually managed to aim it downwards at the ground instead of right at Sakyuu in order to create a kind of tidal wave effect.

I had to admit, this little guy was very creative. He'd be a perfect addition to my team for sure. Nonetheless, Sakyuu's Sonicboom shockwave surely cut right through said wave, not planning on stopping or making any detours. It kept going straight for a while after, thus hit Buneary...actually doing a considerable amount of damage. With Flygon's Giga Drain attack, I had surely hoped this wasn't enough for the poor bunny to handle.

The next step of the combo had been executed a in a bit of an unexpected way; though then again, it wasn't as if I had Sakyuu even use Giga Drain ever before, anyway. The fact that the Flygon's body glowed with a bright, green aura was pretty practical, but said energy appeared to create vine-like extensions, coiling the Buneary and draining a bit of its life force. At least Sakyuu had a little relief in case Buneary had decided to come back with yet another counter attack.

And of course, my call was right--Buneary did just that. The chocolate-pelted monster spaced itself out a bit and got a small running start, then proceeded to jump considreably high into the air and kicked Sakyuu at about neck-level (I was a bit bewildered due to the fact that said kick pretty much resembled a jump side snap kick, a technique I learned and have been mastering in Tae Kwon Do). This, of course, caught her moreso off-guard than his last counter-attack--seeing that it was executed very quickly, especially from just a cute little bunny--therefore actually knocking her to the ground. I was a tidbit alarmed, but luckily she didn't seem to mind, getting right back up to her feet.

This was the perfect time. After a few seconds of contemplation before, I overhandedly threw the ball at the Pokemon (though I tried not to throw it too hard). With a light bounce against his ear, the ball opened narrowly in response and landed on the soft grass with a small thud.

As expected from Buneary's strong fighting spirit, the camo-ball wobbled violently for some time, then suddenly came to a halt with a barely audible, but satisfying "click."

Holy crap. My first Pokemon I had ever caught in the park. Yeah, you can damn-well bet I was estatic.

Out of almost second-nature I started to make my way towards the new teammate with the intention of picking the ball up, but Elisa had beat me to it, putting it in her bag. At this, I stopped in my tracks with an "oops" feeling in my gut. She then unzipped her messenger bag and cautiously placed the Pokeball inside.

"Congratulations!" Elisa praised, smiling. "As per park policy, I'll have to hold on to this until the end of the run, though. Rest up for a moment or two, if you'd like. Then, we could continue down this path or head off to the greenhouses over there."

"Hm? Oh, that's okay!" I dismissed. "I totally understand."

I proudly walked over to Sakyuu, who was sitting rather patiently despite just having gone through a bit of a tough battle. Being a foot or so taller than me, she lowered her head a bit.

"Great job, girl!" I praised, petting her scaly forehead. "You did awesome. Keep it up, okay?" She chirped happily in reply. I dug through my bag and carefully pulled out a Pecha Berry which she happily received.

I laughed a little. "Yeah, she really likes these things, which is why I bought a few extra." I rebutted to hopefully eliminate any questioning the Ranger may have had as to why I was wasting a pretty useful berry.

I hesitated a bit. "By the way, sorry about the little incident with Supersonic. Hopefully you guys can forgive me for my careless mistake," I chuckled lightly.

"Anyways," I started, advancing back towards Elisa and Archer. "Let's continue on! I'm excited to see what's ahead."
Old 12-18-2011, 02:58 AM
MuddyMudkip Offline

NBP#3

"Hm? Oh, that's okay! I totally understand," Subayai replied cheerfully before going over to praise her Flygon on a job well done. She retrieved a Pecha berry from her bag, feeding it to Sakyuu who ate it with much glee. Afterwards, she looked a bit more refreshed, the berry replenishing some of her used energy.

The trainer turned back to Archer and me. She opened her mouth to speak, hesitating a bit before apologizing, "By the way, sorry about the little incident with Supersonic. Hopefully you guys can forgive me for my careless mistake.” She chuckled lightly - it’s that kind of chuckle you sometimes only semi-voluntarily do in situations like that.

I grinned warmly and laughed lightly. “Oh, don’t worry about that. It happens a lot. We rangers should be prepared for anything and everything that might happen during the run, so it’s not a big deal.”

“Alright,” I agreed, leading them farther down the dirt trail. “Let’s get going, then.”

I kept looking left and right, making sure I wouldn’t miss an encounter. None of the other specimens of Pokemon seemed to be interested in us, though, so I simply left them be. We’d get to them later on in the day - I planned to explore almost the whole of the Gardens today.

A few minutes passed. Bird Pokemon soared overhead, chirping pleasant little tunes. Up ahead, I noticed a cactus-like organism. It wasn’t a Cacnea for sure - it was too tall to be one. Perhaps a Cacturne, but, even from this distance, I could tell that it didn’t seem to be that species either.

It had large ear-like extensions. These extensions featured dark green spiky arrangements at the base, yellow spikes further up, and flowers, with pink petals and yellow centers, at the topmost part. It had a yellow spike protruding out of its head, yellow eyes and a spiky-looking mouth. Other dark green spiky arrangements adorned its neck, the wrists of its yellow-fingered arms, and base. Its base has three feet in the form of root-like stubs.

A couple of Starlys, Pidgeys, and Pidoves constantly fluttered around the Cactus Pokemon. They seemed to be trying to feed on the flower’s seeds. Annoyed and probably quite angry, the Grass-type began to move its body rhythmically to produce maraca-like sounds. It began to dance as well. The up-tempo song and dance eventually drove away the Flying-types.

<That’s a Maractus, one of the newer species of Pokemon in these areas,> Archer helpfully informed me through and telepathic communication. <Arid lands are actually their habitat, though a lot of them - if not all of the specimens we have in the National Park - stay here, in the Botanic Gardens. Thought they’re not usually found on such lushly-growing grass - I guess those birds must have been annoying this one for quite some time now. And it still looks to me a young one, which explains a lot.>

I nodded, amazed at how much my Gallade knew. {How did you know all that?} I asked in disbelief through the mind-link.

Out of my peripheral line of vision, I saw him shrug his shoulders dismissively. <I have my ways, basically.>

I had the urge to ask him further, but decided against it. I could only do a quick nod, letting the topic slide into silence.

“Want to battle that Maractus?” I asked Subayai.

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects:
Current Encounter: Maractus (?, ???)

Total Items: Five Parkballs|Two Superballs|Three Max Potions|Three Full Heals|Two Full Restores|One Spicy Splendor Scent Spray|One Dreamily Dry Scent Spray|One Sweet Sensation Scent Spray|One Bitter Berry Scent Spray|One Sour Starfruit Scent Spray|One Mystery Mist Scent Spray|Five Cheri Berries|Seven Pecha Berries|Four Rawst Berries|Two Chesto Berries|Two Lum Berries|One Sitrus Berry
MCR: 3901/15,000

Pokemon Stats

<Currently Out of Ball>

Camerupt (M) - 100%

Gengar (M) - 100%

LINKS

Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 12-18-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Speed-X Offline

Elisa gave a light laugh, "Oh, don’t worry about that. It happens a lot. We rangers should be prepared for anything and everything that might happen during the run, so it’s not a big deal."

I nodded in reply. "Ah, okay then."

"Alright," she started, continuing down the path. "Let's get going then."

My Flygon partner and I followed suit nearby Elisa and Archer. As I had made clear before, the weather was pretty remarkable here: even though it was rather cold (and windy) outside of the general vicinity, it was as if nothing had ever happened here. Nope, it was still spring: bird Pokemon sung their mating songs, flowers bloomed, trees sprung with life, and in some cases, various kinds of Berries--
The duo suddenly stopped in their tracks, and I almost would have run into them if I was any more lost in my own thoughts.

I peered over, only to see an almost-humanoid cactus-like monster some distance up ahead. Like any cactus, it was, of course, green--though more of a pea or light green rather than the pine-like color of ordinary cactuses--with two dainty, bright magenta flowers blooming from two ear-like extensions on its head. It had the cutest face, too, with big and bright yellow eyes and a mouth that appeared to squiggle, a bit like a Trapinch's. However, despite its cute appearance, it had numerous yellow thorns covering its body, obviously for protection. This one seemed a little smaller than average Maractus, however; it was probably still rather young.

A Starly and Pidgey were flocking around the flowers in an attempt to consume the seeds, obviously bothering the poor victimized plant, for it started an almost rythmitic and upbeat dance in the effort to scare the birds away.

My thoughts were again abruptly interrupted by a voice. "Want to battle that Maractus?" Elisa inquired.

Hmm. Maractus aren't too great strategy-wise, but they were rather cute, plus it would probably make yet another good park partner. That being said, it didn't even need to evolve.

"Sure, once again I don't see why not." I nodded. "I haven't heard much about them being in competitive battling, but it'd probably be a pretty nice addition for park runs...like Lopunny."

I gestured to Sakyuu. "Wanna battle this little guy?"

"Flyyyyy!" She jubilously replied, hovering over to the front of us three. I was well-aware that she still seemed a bit tired from the last battle, but at the same time she looked capable to battle. If she got too worn out, I'd make sure to switch her out, of course!

"Okay Sakyuu," I started. "Let's try with weakening this one first, too. Start with a Toxic attack; when the poison takes effect, try to hit it with an Aerial Ace. Make sure to watch out for its thorns, okay?" I precautioned.

Sakyuu then proceeded with the attack; however, it took her a few seconds to "charge up" before she dispelled a purple, steaming, noxious ooze from her mouth, propelling it at the monster up ahead.

I was aware that wild Pokemon had pretty decent survival instincts, so I was anticipating some type of dodge or counter-attack from Maractus.

How performing Toxic doesn't eat at a non-Poison-type user's esophagus is absolutely beyond me. Perhaps they have some type of mucus secretion within their insides initial to the attack; a bit like how some Fire-types do.

OOC: Female. ^^b
Also, bronchitis sucks balls. D8\
Old 01-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Digital Offline
Cyber Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Digital

BP: 1
Ranger Alex Fisher

"Blackbird, this is 0, message, over" the radio barked out. Alex looked down at the radio and gently pressed the button on the side.

"0, this is Blackbird, over," Alex chanted, the command had no feeling almost like he had lost meaning of what he was saying.

"Blackbird, I have a trainer alone in the Botanic Garden, you are to escort her around the Gardens, out" barked the radio again. Alex placed his finger over the button and replied, "Ok 0, this is Blackbird, over and out,"

Alex stuffed his radio in his coat pocket and carried on walking down the lane. It was a good job he was already in Botanic Gardens. He enjoyed the wildlife and whenever he wasn't working, he would come out here and put all his doubts and troubles to the side, and enjoy the wonderful scenery. He continued to walk down the path until he noticed a Pokemon Battle happening in the distance. As a Ranger he quickly ran ahead, fearing that someone could get hurt.

"Okay Sakyuu," A female voice said, "Let's try with weakening this one first, too. Start with a Toxic attack; when the poison takes effect, try to hit it with an Aerial Ace. Make sure to watch out for its thorns, okay?"

Alex walked closer and watched as a huge brown dragon-like Pokemon took off into the air. Its prey was a small cactus Pokemon, Maractus. Alex identified the flying Pokemon as Flygon, the Desert Pokemon. From his knowledge, Alex guessed that the Flygon belonged to the trainer and the Maractus was wild. Alex sat down and watched the battle commence.

Flygon started to the battle going by opening its mouth and producing a thick, gooey layer of slim. The slim dripped from the Flygon's mouth and fell to the ground, dispersing through the air. The Cactus Pokemon looked on and started to worry, creating a small clone of itself and hid behind it. The toxic was absorbed by the clone and Maractus poked its head out.

As it poked its head out, Flygon acted immediately by diving towards the Pokemon, its head started to glow in a white colour and the stream line produced started to form greater wings around Flygon. From the side, it looked like Flygon was an angel or something. Flygon collided into the clone, sweeping it off its feet. Then the clone popped and Maractus was left alone against Flygon.

"Hello, sorry to bother you but the name is Alex Fisher, I will be your Ranger. May I say that looks like a powerful Flygon, however that is a tricky Maractus. It was smart enough to use Subsitute to avoid the Toxic attack, and hid behind it when Flygon used Aerial Ace."

Trainer Statistics:

Battle Stats

75% / Moves Used: Substitute

vs

78% / Moves Used: Toxic ~ Aerial Ace

MCR: 3303 / 15000

Area Effects:
Current Encounter: Maractus (?, ???)

Total Items: Five Parkballs|Two Superballs|Three Max Potions|Three Full Heals|Two Full Restores|One Spicy Splendor Scent Spray|One Dreamily Dry Scent Spray|One Sweet Sensation Scent Spray|One Bitter Berry Scent Spray|One Sour Starfruit Scent Spray|One Mystery Mist Scent Spray|Five Cheri Berries|Seven Pecha Berries|Four Rawst Berries|Two Chesto Berries|Two Lum Berries|One Sitrus Berry
MCR: 3901/15,000

Pokemon Stats

<Currently Out of Ball>

Camerupt (M) - 100%

Gengar (M) - 100%

Spoiler:
Old 01-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Speed-X Offline

[/indent]As a last resort, Maractus quickly formed a clone of itself and hid behind it, attempting to shield itself from the materialized toxins that would have been sure to eat away at her prickly, cactus-like flesh.

Wow, pretty nice. 'S got quick reflexes.

Upon making contact with the substitute, the poisons sizzled as the doppleganger Maractus absorbed them, as if it was nothing.

The thing about substitutes is that, yes, they do tend to look exactly like the host monster; however, there is one simple factor that makes the difference between a clone and the original apparent: the eyes. A substitute's eyes lack the amount of life that any living being would have. Just blank and soulless.
The attacking Pokemon, however, are not completely oblivious to this difference; merely, they tend to pay no mind to it in the heat of battle. That and the host of the doppleganger tends to frequently hide somewhere in its surroundings, anyhow.

The monster poked its head out from behind the copy in an alerted--and rather innocent, in a sense--manner, in order to be able to see what she had to anticipate from Sakyuu next.

Flygon proceeded to fly up a considerable distance into the air and dove towards Maractus, reaching such a speed and amount of force to the point that a visible white glow began to form around her body. She collided with Maractus' substitute head-on, knocking it into the air a bit; upon it landing, it vanished. Just like that.

I was startled significantly by an unfamiliar voice behind me. Man, I really shouldn't have gotten so into this battle.

"Hello! Sorry to bother you, but the name is Alex Fisher. I'll be your Ranger."

I stared wide-eyed for a few seconds, but soon recovered from the sudden shock.

"Oh? That's odd. Did Elisa have to leave or something?" I was a little puzzled. I mentally face-palmed as soon as I realized how stupid of a question that was. "I mean not that I have a problem with that or anything." I certainly didn't want to sound disrespectful, either--I mean, it was cool with me. Just a little sudden. Geez, either my head was way far into the game or that was some sneaky departure.

He continued, "May I say that is a powerful Flygon; however, that's one tricky Maractus. It was smart enough to use Substitute to avoid the Toxic attack, and hid behind it when Flygon used Aerial Ace."

"Oh! Thanks." I replied somewhat casually. "Yeah, that's definitely one whimsical little Maractus. It'd make a great addition to the team." I smiled.

"Anyway," I turned back towards the battle. "I got an idea, Sakyuu. Try mixing a Flamethrower with a Sonicboom attack." I was planning on trying this out like a kind of hybrid-like attack (although this would have worked much better with a move such as gust, those types of attacks are sadly not in Flygon's learnset), having Sakyuu simultaneously use Flamethrower so that perhaps the Sonicboom attack could--somehow--be infused with the flames. I wasn't about to guarantee it to work, but if it didn't, it likely wouldn't hinder us too terribly. At least Maractus would still get hit with a Sonicboom attack...I hoped.

She looked back at me a little bit confused.

"What I need you to do is charge a Flamethrower and a Sonicboom attack at the same time; maybe the sound waves could be infused with the fire and hit Maractus for a little more damage."

It sounded rather complicated, having her perform two completely different muscle movements at the same time. I, however, had a good feeling she could pull it off; even if she couldn't, she always makes sure to try her best. That's good enough for me.

"Flyyyy!" She screeched, attempting to follow up on my recent command. She began to flap her wings back and forth; once enough momentum and speed was gained, Flygon brought up the highly flammable chemical from her stomach, and released it in a flash of a hot, burning flame. Proceeding this, she flapped her wings a good couple of times with great force, releasing the blade-like crescents of wind at the Maractus.

I was really hoping that she'd be able to somehow aim the Sonicboom at the fire burning from her maw, but if not, I wouldn't have taken a mind to it. At least she gave it her all.[/indent]
Sorry, I think I kinda BS'ed this one. Ah well, fake it til' ya make it, right? XD I had to get this done. ^^;