Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: World of Nightmares [RP]

Lani Hyland
School (Art)

"Maybe we could all get together and go there sometime, then," Kiseki suggested, after Ashley and Jeremy confirmed interest in visiting the arcade. His emerald green eyes, however, were looking in her direction, almost letting her know she was included. She could feel her checks beginning to burn softly, the reply wasn`t quite making it out of her mouth. Instead, Lani smiled, hoping that was enough for him to tell she would be happy to tag along.

"Maybe it's The Underground Railroad. Slaves use to use those tunnels to escape to the free states and Canada. There were also these safe houses that the slaves could stay at as well. If there was a quilt in the window that had a black or a navy blue color in the middle then it was a safe signal. But if the quilt was turned over it would have a red center which meant to stay away. Maybe if it is a tunnel from The Underground Railroad then it could be haunted or something." Interesting…

"Come to think of it, I did hear mention of that not too long ago. If that's what it is, then it would certainly be something worthy of exploring." Ichiru said, in direct response to Jeremy`s theory, and his brother nodded in agreement, although focused on his artistic piece.

"Maybe we should go check it out sometime." Jeremy said, a large grin pasted on his face. Lani figured this was a good idea, they`d have to find the fabled entry way first though. Ashley and the boy began to talk, and after seeing Kiseki work on his drawing, the girl figured she`d better get to work on her own. Despite trying her best to focus on the task, it was hard to miss Ashley`s yawns. Ichiru yawned also, and Lani could hold hers back either. She was staring at her blank page, nothing was coming to mind. Or that is, nothing she was willing to pencil down…

"Just don't fall asleep. Lunch is like two hours away." Jeremy`s tone was changing again, and this time, to worry. Ashley was tired; Lani figured this was the reason for his concern. Since they were new, could nervousness have kept her up?

"I know." Replied the girl, yawing anew, and was soon leaning her head against her fist, eyes closed.

"Hey, no falling asleep. I thought you said you weren't tired?"

"I kinda lied." It would not have taken a genius to tell that Ashley`s voice sounded sleepy. Sleep, at that thought, Lani yawned herself, unable to control it.

"Whenever my sister falls asleep, sometimes she has these bad nightmares. We think it's because of what happened to our parents." Explained her brother, his words now directed at the entire group. The first completely swallowed her attention, nightmares? However, after hearing the last sentence, Lani sigh, feeling a little badly. She could tell what he meant…

"Ah.." Kiseki said nodding, "I'm sorry..."

“ Sorry also,” spoke the girl, after Kiseki, her tone a little sad, but not indicating tears to follow.

"Have you guys heard about the crazy nightmare epidemic going around?" the boy spoke once more. Lani`s hazel eyes flew right to him, finally meeting up with his own. She felt her heart quicken almost instantly.

“Yeah, people dreaming these monstrous nightmares, suffering all sorts of injuries, only to wake up from and find that it was all… real. Where they were attacked, psychical scars and everything…” She couldn`t help but speak up, her tone a little louder than it had been before. “Very scary stuff,”

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima

"Ah.." Jeremy heard Kiseki say, "I'm sorry..." Jeremy looked up at him and nodded his head.
"Sorry also." Lani had said.
"It's okay. It happened awhile ago. Now we live with our aunt, but she's only like twenty-six."
"Yeah. We help her out a lot though. Having to raise two teenagers at that age is really hard." Ashley added as she looked up at everyone. She looked back down at her paper and was almost finished.

"Have you guys heard about the crazy nightmare epidemic going around?" Kiseki asked. Ashley and Jeremy quickly looked up at Kiseki.

"Like what?" Ashley and Jeremy asked at the same time in the same tone.

"Yeah, people dreaming these monstrous nightmares, suffering all sorts of injuries, only to wake up from and find that it was all… real. Where they were attacked, psychical scars and everything…" Ashley and Jeremy just stared at Lani as she spoke, "Very scary stuff." Lani said. Jeremy and Ashley just looked at each other with fearful eyes, then quickly looked away from each other. Ashley looked down and placed her hand over her stomach, feeling the two scars underneath her shirt.

"No, we haven't heard anything about that." Jeremy said. Ashley looked at him, nodding her head.

"Yeah we never heard anything of that before. Is that even possible?" Ashley said right after her brother. She looked around at the group, but didn't say anything else.

"How is it possible for what's been happening to me, be happening here? It all started when we lived miles and miles away. Could it possibly be the same thing?" Ashley asked in her head.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

“Yeah, people dreaming these monstrous nightmares, suffering all sorts of injuries, only to wake up from and find that it was all… real. Where they were attacked, psychical scars and everything... Very scary stuff.” Lani spoke up again in response to Kiseki's question.

"No, we haven't heard anything about that." Jeremy responded as Ashley nodded.

"Yeah we never heard anything of that before. Is that even possible?"

"It seems so... I didn't want to believe it, but--" Kiseki stopped speaking when recieving a light warning kick from his brother. Realizing, he'd suddenly stopped, he quickly covered up, "...but after seeing so much evidence of it in newspapers and on TV, it's kind of hard to deny it, unless they're skillfull enough to make all of this stuff so detailed, even if it's fake." He glanced at Ichiru, who had finally begun to draw, although it was obvious his attention was still on the conversation. He felt bad for having to lie, although it really hadn't been a complete lie. There was a lot of stuff in the newspapers and whatnot about the nightmares and their effect. Constant debates were on nearly every television channel about whether or not the deaths were truly by the nightmares, or by suicide or homicide.

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 07-11-2010, 06:09 AM
The Luna Diviner

Lani Hyland
School (Art)

Jeremy and Ashley reassured the group that it was okay, and that their parents had passed over a while back. Still, it must not be easy…

The topic had shifted over to the nightmares, and Lani wondered if she`d maybe said too much. She didn`t want the others to get suspicious of her, what would they think if they knew she was one of the many victims? She really didn`t notice the facial reactions of her peers, however, her attention back to the always blank sheet of paper.

"No, we haven't heard anything about that." Jeremy was the first to speak up, his answer a little surprising. Maybe the paper didn`t report this back where they lived before? Maybe they didn`t watch the news so much?

"Yeah we never heard anything of that before. Is that even possible?" Ashley added.

"It seems so... I didn't want to believe it, but--" Kiseki started, but suddenly, the words ceased and the boy fell silent. However, the pause wasn`t long, "...but after seeing so much evidence of it in newspapers and on TV, it's kind of hard to deny it, unless they're skillfull enough to make all of this stuff so detailed, even if it's fake."

“Yeah, it`s too widespread to be a hoax.” Added Lani quietly, looking at the group, but quickly lowered her gaze. Everyone seemed to have at least something drawn, and time was beginning to become scarce. She needed to start real soon, but the girl didn`t even have an idea. Well, actually, that would be a lie, she did have one lead, but it wasn`t anything she wanted to have on paper. Despite wearing a thick ultramarine sweater, Lani shivered, the reason a combination of her growing tiredness and the image that was now stuck in her head. She wanted a hot coffee so badly… and this craving was the inspiration…

00C: So crappy...

Old 07-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

"It seems so... I didn't want to believe it, but--" Kiseki paused for a minute, thinking over his words, but then continued shortly after. "...but after seeing so much evidence of it in newspapers and on TV, it's kind of hard to deny it, unless they're skillfull enough to make all of this stuff so detailed, even if it's fake." Kiseki finished. Ashley and Jeremy just sat there, looking at the small group.

"Yeah, it's too widespread to be a hoax." Lani said.
"If there is something going on then I hope it will stop soon." Ashley said as she looked down. There was silence for a few moments, but then the loud speaker came on.

Attention all students and staff. I would just like to remind all of you that the homecoming dance will be this Friday. There is a five dollar admission at the door and it isn't formal, so don't worry. Also this year the guys ask the girls, so be prepared ladies! Also there will be pizza and soda that costs a dollar a piece. Hope to see you all there! The loud speaker cut off and Ashley looked over at Jeremy. This was a perfect subject change that they needed.

"Well that sounds like fun."
"Yeah. I doubt anyone's going to ask me though."
"Are you kidding Ash? Any guy would be lucky to take you as their date. But then again, almost any guy who asks you will be on my sh*t list."
"Ha why?"
"Because you're a magnet for jerks." Jeremy said, but then quickly looked up at Ichiru and Kiseki. "But except you guys. You guys are cool so I wouldn't mind if one of you asked her. Ow! Hey!" Jeremy said as he looked over at his sister who kicked him.
"I'm sure that they both have a different girl in mind. But anyways, who are you taking?"
"Not sure yet." Jeremy said. Ashley looked up at the clock, having about ten minutes left in class. She looked over at the group and leaned back in her chair.

"So are you guys going to homecoming?" Ashley asked.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:48 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

"Yeah. It's too widespread to be a hoax." Kiseki heard Lani agree with him, followed by Ashley.

"If there is something going on then I hope it will stop soon."

He breathed a silent sigh of relief, glad that no one had suspected his sudden pause, but nodded to Ashley's statement.

Attention all students and staff. I would just like to remind all of you that the homecoming dance will be this Friday. There is a five dollar admission at the door and it isn't formal, so don't worry. Also this year the guys ask the girls, so be prepared ladies! Also there will be pizza and soda that costs a dollar a piece. Hope to see you all there! A voice cam over the loud speaker, and all students in the classroom lifted their heads in interest. This was the perfect change of subject for them.

"Well that sounds fun." Jeremy was the first to comment, and was followed by Ashley.

"Yeah. I doubt anyone's going to ask me, though."

"Are you kidding Ash? Any guy would be lucky to take you as their date. But then again, almost any guy who asks you will be on my sh*t list."

Kiseki simply blinked at Jeremy's statement, hearing Ashley laugh and question him afterward.

"Because you're a magnet for jerks," Jeremy spoke again, but seemed to quickly realize Kiseki and Ichiru were still there and looked at them, adding, "But except you guys. You guys are cool so I wouldn't mind if one of you asked her. Ow! Hey!"

The twins laughed in unision when Ashley kicked him, although Ichiru's was more of a light chuckle.

I'm sure that they both have a different girl in mind. But anyways, who are you taking?"

"Not sure yet."

After a pause, Ashley leaned back in her chair, "So are you guys going to homecoming?"

"It sounds fun, sure." Kiseki responded the a smile, his gaze shifting to Ichiru as he spoke again.

"Although truthfully, neither of us have anyone to take in mind even now."

Kiseki glanced at Lani, who had fallen quiet again, and his cheeks burned slightly. Ichiru noticed him look back down quickly out of the corner of his eye and fought back the amused smile tugging at his lips at the sudden pink in his brother's cheeks. Dull chatter had started up at the mention of the homecoming dance, breaking the silence in the classroom. Kiseki pretended to suddenly be very interested in his paper, while Ichiru finished up his own quick sketch - a detailed drawing of a wolf, although, due to his rush, some of it was a bit rough. He hadn't concentrated on his work for very long, and had had to rush the rest of the drawing. Nonethless, it looked decent enough to submit. He had wanted to draw something more detailed, but a wolf had been the only thing that came to his mind.

OoC: Lol to be honest, I haven't thought of what Kiseki could draw. xD;

Old 07-12-2010, 05:24 AM
The Luna Diviner

Lani Hyland
(Won`t post location until she moves)

If there is something going on then I hope it will stop soon." Ashley responded, and unintentionally mirroring Kiseki, the dark blonde nodded also. Lani had finally started work on her piece, which was to be a simple mug. She had some light lines drawn, and was content with the way it was going so far.

“Attention all students and staff. I would just like to remind all of you that the homecoming dance will be this Friday. There is a five dollar admission at the door and it isn't formal, so don't worry. Also this year the guys ask the girls, so be prepared ladies! Also there will be pizza and soda that costs a dollar a piece. Hope to see you all there!” The message broke the silence that had set in, prompting the class to erupt in low whispers. Lani hoped that this would cause a topic change...

"Well that sounds like fun." Jeremy started, switching the subject of the conversation.

"Yeah. I doubt anyone's going to ask me though." Ashley replied, prompting her brother to speak again.

"Are you kidding Ash? Any guy would be lucky to take you as their date. But then again, almost any guy who asks you will be on my sh*t list." The sentence was unexpected, and his sister replied with a slight laugh and a “why?”

"Because you're a magnet for jerks." He answered, but quickly continued after looking up at the twin boys, “But except you guys. You guys are cool so I wouldn't mind if one of you asked her. Ow! Hey!" Lani couldn’t help but giggle after Ashley kicked Jeremy.

“I'm sure that they both have a different girl in mind. But anyways, who are you taking?" She said, which made the other girl realise that the twins would indeed be asking somebody out to the dance. That is, if they were interested in attending. Lani swallowed, shyly looking at Kiseki before swiftly looking down and continuing with her drawing. The line she then drew was off…

"Not sure yet." Was the response to her question.

"So are you guys going to homecoming?" Ashley then asked, addressing the twin boys. Lani couldn`t help but bite her left ring fingernail after the brunette spoke.

"It sounds fun, sure." Kiseki replied, looking over at Ichiru before continuing, "Although truthfully, neither of us have anyone to take in mind even now."

Lani, at this point, was staring at her sheet of paper; the drawing was starting to take form. After a few moments, she finally looked up, noticing that Kiseki was concentrating on his own work while Ichiru appeared to be finishing up. She curiously gazed at what he had done... and nearly jumped out of her own seat at what she saw. Wolves, although not fearing them as badly as she did most breeds of large dogs, still freaked her out. Thankfully, it wasn`t posed menacingly, but this was enough to get the girl`s heart rate up a little. After bringing her attention back to her mug, Lani toke a few heavy breaths, and felt a little better afterwards. The girl didn`t really know what to say...

00C: What about a picnic? ^^`

Last edited by Moonlight; 07-12-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

"It sounds fun, sure." Kiseki said with a smile, then looking over at Ichiru as he spoke again. "Although truthfully, neither of us have anyone to take in mind even now." Ashley watched as Kiseki glanced over at Lani and began to get nervous and started to blush. Then her glance fell over at Ichiru, who was fighting the urge to smile. Ashley just quickly looked down at her paper and began to blush as well, just like Kiseki did from Lani. Ashley took a deep breath and looked at her paper, seeing that it was done.

"That's really good." Jeremy said with a smile.
"Thanks, so is yours." said Ashley as she glanced over at Jeremy's picture, seeing the large dragon.
"I'm gonna go turn it in." Ashley neatly scripted her name, the class period and the date on the bottom right hand corner with a black pen and stood up. She walked over to Mr. Tanner who was sitting at his desk.

"All done?"
"Yeah, here." said Ashley with a smile as she held out the picture. Mr. Tanner took the paper and looked at it.
"Wow, this picture is so detailed. Do you always draw like this?"
"Yeah. It's sort of a hobby of mine. I would really like to major in art."
"Well you certainly have the skills for it. Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah sure."
"Would you be interested in entering an art contest? We have one towards the end of the third marking period every year. You'll be going up against the entire Ohio state. If you win, there's an $500 dollar prize. Then there will be another one and you'll be going up against the whole country. If you win first place in that contest, then you will win a full four year scholarship to one of the finest art schools in the country. Would you be interested in that?" Mr. Tanner asked with a smile. Ashley's jaw just dropped, trying to find words to say.
"Y-yes, I'm very interested."
"I'm glad. I need you to just fill out this paper for me." said Mr. Tanner as he gave Ashley the contest enrollment sheet. Ashley filled it out and gave it back to Mr. Tanner.
"Thank you Mr. Tanner."
"You're welcome. Will I see you at homecoming?"
"Yeah, me and my brother."
"Very good. Have a wonderful day."
"You too Mr. Tanner." Ashley said with a smile. She looked back at her table and saw Jeremy turned around in his seat looking at her, giving her a big smile.

"That's so awesome!" Jeremy said as Ashley walked back. He stood up and tightly hugged his sister.
"You heard?"
"I think the whole class heard. Did you see how excited he was?"
"Haha yeah." Ashley said. The bell rang as the two siblings grabbed their bags. They both looked over at Lani, the twins, and smiled.

"We'll see you guys later. We should hanging out at the park or something later." Ashley said. She quickly looked at Ichiru, smiled, and walked out. Jeremy handed in his paper and quickly caught up with his sister.

"Are you...blushing?" asked Jeremy.
"Me? Blushing? No.." Jeremy just laughed and the two of them walked out of the classroom.

OOC: A picnic would be a great idea :D

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 07-12-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

OoC: I forgot that Lani was afraid of big dogs A picnic sounds good, though. We can skip through the rest of the school day if you want, if there's nothing particular that either of you have in mind for other classes or anything.

IC: After a moment's pause, Kiseki heard Jeremy say, "That's really good." He looked up, seeing the drawing of a Japanese scenery on Ashley's paper. Jeremy was right; it was really good.

"Thanks, so is yours." After Ashley's response, Kiseki's gaze shifted to the large dragon on Jeremy's paper. It seemed that both siblings had a gift for drawing, just like Ichiru. Kiseki wasn't so bad himself, but Ichiru surpassed him by.. a lot.

Ashley got up to turn in her paper, and, as Kiseki finished up his own, he couldn't help but overhear the conversation between Ashley and Mr. Tanner. He looked up in unision with Ichiru when she started to come back to the table.

"That's so awesome!" Jeremy beat Kiseki to the comment as he got up and hugged his sister tightly.

"Yeah, that's really great," Kiseki spoke as Ichiru smiled in agreement. The bell rang then, and everyone got up to leave.

"We'll see you guys later. We should hanging out at the park or something later." Ashley said to the group.

"Yeah," Kiseki responded as Ichiru got up to take his paper to Mr. Tanner, "Maybe we can meet up after school or something." His attention shifted to Lani then as he heard her take a few heavy breaths. Concern instantly became apparent in his eyes as Ichiru returned from submitting his paper, although Kiseki hadn't been aware that he'd left. He noticed Lani's sudden change instantly, and furrowed his brow in both confusion and concern, speaking in unision with his twin.

"Are you okay?"

Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 AM
The Luna Diviner

Lani Hyland
The girl smiled when Mr. Tanner offered Ashley a chance to enter the Ohio art contest. That was a great offer, and after having caught a glimpse of her piece, Lani knew that the girl had a decent chance at winning.

"That's so awesome!" Jeremy`s voice was full of enthusiasm as he jumped from his seat and gave his sister a hug.

"You heard?" she said, happy yet surprised

"I think the whole class heard. Did you see how excited he was?" Exclaimed the boy, cheerfully.

"Haha yeah."

"Yeah, that's really great," Kiseki commented in support, with Ichiru smiling.

“Awesome,” Lani managed, giving the brunette a thumbs up.

"We'll see you guys later. We should hanging out at the park or something later." The brunette suggested, and the other girl noticed her smiling at Ichiru before stepping out into the hallway. Lani waved gently as her brother joined her. As the class was leaving, she leaned back against her chair and toke another deep breath.

"Are you okay?" The combined voices of Kiseki and Ichiru prompted her to look up from giving her work one last check.

“Yeah, I`m fine,” She said, giving the boys a gentle smile, taking notice that Kiseki hadn`t yet submitted his drawing, “I can hand your paper in for you, if you`d like,” she offered, hoping her cheeks hadn`t gone rosy.

00C: For some reason, this one was hard ^^`
Haha, I`m good with time skipping and yay picnic!

Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

The first day of school was finally over for Ashley and Jeremy. The two of them met up in front of the gym and walked together to Jeremy's car. When they got to the car, a pink piece of paper was taped to his window. Jeremy grabbed it and looked it over, his jaw dropping a few seconds later.

"What the hell is this?!"
"What?"
"I got a damn parking ticket!"
"Are you serious?" Ashley grabbed the pink paper and read it over. "Jeremy, you need to get a parking pass."
"A parking pass?"
"Yeah. If a student parks in the student parking lot without a parking pass they will get a ticket." Ashley said.
"I didn't even know we needed one. This blows!"
"We can get one from the office. I need one for my car too."
"Can't we just share one since we ride to school together?"
"Nope, says on here you have to write down the license plate's numbers and letters on the pass. It's costs five dollars each."
"I don't have any money on me though."
"I have a ten, I'll pay for it." Ashley said as the two of them began to walk back to the school.
"Okay thank you. I'll pay you back."
"Nahh it's okay. You can just take me out to lunch sometime." Ashley said with a smile. Jeremy just nodded his head and smiled as well. They got the parking passes they needed and explained to the principal that they were new students and they didn't know they needed a parking pass. The principal understood and would talk to the school cop, so Jeremy wouldn't have to pay the ticket. They walked back to Jeremy's car and headed home. The weather outside got a lot warmer so Ashley was going to change into shorts once they got home.

"Looks like I dodged a bullet."
"Yeah. Luckily for you they dropped the ticket."
"Haha yeah." They made it home and walked up to their own rooms. Ashley pulled out a pair of dark blue denim short shorts and put them on. Jeremy put on a pair of red basketball shorts that went down to his knees. He knocked on Ashley's bedroom door to make sure it was safe to enter.

"It's okay, come on it." Ashley said. Jeremy walked in and found his sister changed into a pair of shorts. "I'm hungry." Ashley said. She only had an apple for lunch because the school's lunch looked gross. It was cheese burger day. Jeremy forced down the school's lunch, but hated it.

"Let's go see what's in the kitchen." Jeremy said as Ashley nodded in agreement. They walked down to the kitchen and opened up the freezer.

"That looks good!" Ashley said as she grabbed a box of philly cheese steak meat and a bag of frozen fries. Jeremy laughed as he shook his head back and forth.

"You can eat so much and not gain a pound."
"Thank God I have such a good metabolism, otherwise I'd be fat."
"Hahaha" Jeremy just laughed and he pulled out the veta cheese from the refrigerator. Ashley opened up the bag of fries and poured half the bag onto a cookie sheet, then sliding it into the hot oven. Jeremy cooked almost the whole box of philly cheese steak meat on the frying pan and grabbed the huge cheese steak buns. After when the fries were done, Ashley and Jeremy put together two huge philly cheese steak sandwiches and a plateful of fries. They each grabbed a can of soda and walked outside to the front yard where the porch was. They sat down on the steps and ate their big lunch in the front yard, talking and watching the cars go by. Since they lived on a side street, not that many cars passed.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lani responded the the twins with a gentle smile, which forced Kiseki to look away for a moment, pretending to look at the board at the front of the class for notes. "I can hand your paper in for you, if you'd like."

Kiseki looked back at the paper on his desk, which he'd indeed forgotten to hand in. "N-No, it's alright. I'll do it." The classroom was nearly empty now, the trio being the only people left inside besides Mr. Tanner. Ichiru stretched beside his twin, shifting his gaze to Mr. Tanner, who was looking over the papers.

Kiseki, realizing it was time they left, looked back to Lani, "We should get together sometime after school.. y'know, like a picnic or something in the park." He paused and shifted slightly, "If... you're not busy, would you like to come?"

OoC: I'll skip ahead after Moonlight responds; don't wanna just leave her there.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:52 AM
The Luna Diviner

Lani Hyland

"N-No, it's alright. I'll do it," replied Kiseki, after having given his piece a short glancing at. Lani nodded in response, slightly wishing he`d had let her. Oh well right?

It had taken her to this point to notice that the class had emptied out, and that heading to her next period course would probably be a better then good idea. She collected her binder off the table and placed her sheet atop it, not realising she hadn`t signed it yet. Her attention then refocused to the twins.

"We should get together sometime after school.. y'know, like a picnic or something in the park." Kiseki started, facing Lani, and paused for a few moments. "If... you're not busy, would you like to come?"

“I…I`d really enjoy coming,” she replied, shifting the light weight of the binder to the left. “It was great talking to you guys,” she added, placing her work on Mr. Tanner`s desk. “Bye,”

-

*Lunch, Library*

“Ah, I see you finally returned these books,” stated the Library Technician as she processed the first of them through. She looked pleased and yet disappointed. This was actually the first time Lani had ever returned her borrowed items late…

“Yeah, sorry it toke so long,” She replied, digging in her wallet for any change, to pay overdue fins that came with being so tardy.

“Happens to the best of us,” answered the older woman, taking Fruits Basket, Volume 3 and zapped the barcode with the scanner. Lani placed her debt on the counter, counting the amount in her head. She smiled when it was the correct sum, and moved the small pile of bills toward the Tech. Mrs. Paige, hearing the sounds of the change hitting the hard surface, gazed at the money carefully. She whispered the names of some numbers rather quickly and afterward nodded gently.

“Again, sorry for being so late,” said Lani, before being dismissed. She silently made her way out and headed down the hallway, toward her locker. The girl thought a little about art class, and smiled to herself as she passed by that room.

-

*Afterschool, outside the building*

Outside, the temperature had climbed to the highest it had been a little while. Many students had their hoodies off in response to this, Lani not being one of them. She still wore her thick sweater, and actually wasn`t feeling too warmly.

“D’ I tell you guys!? Parker asked me to Homecoming already,” exclaimed a cheerful, girly voice, not from far away.

“O.M.G! You’re so lucky!” replied another girl, sounding almost more excited than the first. A few others commented on this, and Lani looked up at the puffy clouds above, thatking about the dance a little, but soon focused soley on the view. They really didn`t take any shapes as they sailed slowly eastward, traveling across the blue skies. It was really a peaceful sight, and she yawned, almost in response. Not having slept any was finally starting to show through, and the girl yawned once more before starting toward home. This included going past the parking lot…

00C: Sorry for the upholding ^^`

Last edited by Moonlight; 07-14-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

"I...I'd really enjoy coming," Lani responded to Kiseki's offer, "It was great talking to you guys." She put her paper on Mr. Tanner's desk, then headed for the door. "Bye."

"Bye." Kiseki answered as Ichiru gave a short wave. Kiseki quickly scribbled his name on his paper, then went to put it on Mr. Tanner's desk. He turned to see Ichiru giving him an all too familiar smirk. "What?"

There was no response, instead, the elder twin turned and headed for the door, prompting Kiseki to run after him in order to catch up. "What?!"

"Nothing."

"What are you looking at me like that for?" Kiseki finally caught up to his brother. He really didn't need to ask; he knew Ichiru was looking at him that way because of Lani. He was an open book to Ichiru; there wasn't anything he felt or thought that he didn't know.

"Nothing." Still, he wasn't satisfied with his brother's answer, and crossed his arms. However, he didn't inquire further, just simply followed him down the hallway to their next class.

----

The day seemed to pass by more quickly after art class was over. Although both twins had been paying attention to what was said, neither of them could tell you what they had learned that day. The day's lunch had helped wake both of them up, which would help for the remainder of the day.

As the two descended the stairs outside the school, they could hear chatter coming from every which way in the parking lot. Most of it was centered around the homecoming dance; who was going with who, who wasn't going at all, etc. At least all of the excitement prevented the awkward stares as the twins made their way to their car.

"Everyone's really excited about the dance, huh?" Kiseki had his hands behind his head, staring up at the white clouds above.

"Seems that way." Ichiru's response was somewhat distant, as though he were deep in thought. He looked to his brother after a few moments' silence, "Are you planning on asking Lani?"

Kiseki nearly fell over at the sudden question, his hands dropping to his sides. "Wh-What?!"

Ichiru chuckled at Kiseki's reaction, "It's obvious you like her. If she's not going with someone, why not give it a shot?"

Kiseki averted his gaze, his face burning. "But.. what if--"

"I highly doubt she'd say no to you, Kiseki. The only thing you have to worry about is whether or not she's already going with someone else."

Several moments of silence passed as Kiseki grew quiet in defeat. As the pair grew finally arrived at their car, Ichiru heard him finally speak again, "What about you?"

"Don't worry about me," the elder twin responded simply as he got into the car. Kiseki scowled, following suit.

"Don't act like you're immune to it."

"What?"

"I saw the way you looked at Ashley."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ichiru responded stubbornly as he started the car.

"Ichiru, you can't keep denying yourself. There has to come a time when you can love again. Even after..." Kiseki stopped speaking, realizing he was getting too far into a sensitive subject. "E..Either way, why don't you ask Ashley to homecoming? It wouldn't hurt anything, right?"

There was no response, but Kiseki knew Ichiru was considering it, and that's all he wanted. After several moments of silence and driving, Ichiru finally spoke again, changing the subject.

"Since there's nothing to do at home, do you want to go check out the park?"

"Sure," Kiseki responded slowly, "Maybe we could kill some time looking for the passage." With a nod, Ichiru took a left turn instead of a right, heading toward the park a few blocks away.

OoC: Too much dialogue. =x I'll have them arrive in the next post. Too lazy right now. xD;

Old 07-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Ashley and Jeremy finished up their food and went back inside to put their plates in the sink and throw away their soda cans. As they did that, Jeremy looked over at his sister and smiled.

"Hey, you wanna go to the park? It's a really nice day. We could throw around the frisbee if you want."
"Yeah sure. I'm a lot more awake now." Ashley said as she cleaned the dishes. As Ashley washed, Jeremy loaded them in the dishwasher. When they were done, Ashley grabbed her keys and Jeremy grabbed a blue frisbee he found in one of the boxes in the basement. "I'm driving."

"Alrighty." The two of them made their way to Ashley's red Mustang and drove off. They drove around for a little while until they found the huge park that was only a few blocks away from their house. There was a football field that was surrounded by thick woods.

"Let's go back over there by the woods." Ashley said as she parked the car and the two of them walked out. They walked to the field side by side until they reached the entrance to the woods. Jeremy walked away from his sister until there was about a fifteen foot gap between the two.

"So how were your other classes?" Jeremy asked as he threw the frisbee first. Ashley caught it and threw it back to him.
"Pretty boring actually. Ohh, in History class we're going to be talking about The Underground Railroad."
"Really? At our other school we learned that sophomore year."
"I guess the school's system's different."
"Well at least you'll know everything."
"Haha yeah." They said to each other. Jeremy threw the frisbee a little too hard this time. It soared through the air and went into the woods behind a bush. Ashley looked out into the woods, then back at Jeremy and gave him a look.

"Fine, I'll get it."
"No, stay there, I'm closer." Ashley said. She turned around and walked into the woods. She was about fifty feet into the woods until she finally found the frisbee.
"Are you alright?" Jeremy yelled from the football field, unable to see his sister.
"Yeah, I found the frisbee." Ashley yelled back, hearing her voice echo. She was about to walk out of the woods until she heard something. Ashley quickly stopped and listened. It sounded like there were faint voices not too far away from here. Ashley just stood there for a second, trying to find out where the voices were coming from. When she found the direction of them, she followed it. She walked a little bit until the voices stopped, unable to hear them anymore. The voices had led her to a very steep dirt hill. "Jeremy!" Ashley yelled.

"What?!"
"Come over here!" Ashley yelled back. Jeremy ran into the woods to find his sister. Ashley leaned over and looked down at the hill, wondering what could be down there. As Ashley leaned forward, she leaned too much. The soft dirt gave away from underneath her feet and caused her to fall down the hill. She let out a loud scream, which made Jeremy run even faster.

"Ashley!" Jeremy yelled as his adrenaline kicked in through his body. Ashley rolled down the hill extremely fast and was unable to stop. The only thing she could do was shield her face with her arms while she rolled down. Ashley finally came to a stop when her body hit a tree with a medium sized thorn bush in front of it at full force. At first Ashley couldn't get up. She was afraid if she moved then she would feel sharp pains of any broken bones she could of gotten. Ashley just laid there, doing her best to keep calm and concentrate, figuring out if she had broken anything. She slowly moved her fingers, then her arms, and then her legs and ankles. Everything seemed to be okay. The only thing that really hurt was her wrist, but it only felt like a sprain. With a deep breath, Ashley finally sat up slowly, sitting on the cold ground. There were thorn cuts on her arms and legs, also her knee was cut opened pretty badly, but Ashley was relieved. It could of been a lot worse, and Ashley knew that. "Ashley!" Ashley heard Jeremy yell from above her.

"Be careful Jeremy!"
"I will, just stay there and don't move. I'm coming to you." Jeremy very carefully walked down the steep dirt hill and quickly made his way over to his sister. His eyes widened when he saw Ashley's cuts and her knee. Jeremy was about to say something but Ashley spoke first.

"It's okay. It's not that bad."
"Not that bad? Look at you!"
"Nothing's broken. I think my wrist is just sprained. It could of been a lot worse."
"Yeah but look at your leg." They both looked down at Ashley's right leg, seeing all the blood drip down. There was so much that Jeremy and Ashley could even smell it in the air.

"Come on, let's just get home." Ashley said. Jeremy nodded and helped his sister to her feet, but being careful of her left wrist. Ashley looked up to her right and just gasped. Jeremy quickly turned around to see what Ashley was looking at, and his eyes widened. There was a huge tunnel that made it's way in the hill. The two siblings slowly walked over to it, peeking inside but not going in.

"You don't think this is a tunnel from The Underground Railroad do you?" asked Jeremy.
"I-I think it is..." responded Ashley. The two of them just stood there at the entrance, not knowing what to do from here.