Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:27 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst
Default World of Nightmares [RP]

Okay, here's the roleplay. Sign ups are still open, anyone who wants to sign up, and all roleplayers are free to create another character if they like. Just make sure you can keep up with them all.

Just to keep everyone's mind fresh on the plot and all...

Plot
Dreams... Imaginary worlds formed by the creativity and imagination of the mind. Your dreams can include anything, and end in many different ways. Some dreams are pleasant, others horrifying. The dreams which scare us have been labeled as nightmares. Due to hidden fears buried deep within our hearts and minds, we sometimes have nightmares, created from those fears as our minds roam freely. Fortunately, no matter how horrible a nightmare is, you can never feel the pain of it, and you always wake up ... until now.

A strange epidemic seems to have broken out among this generation's humans. Many have begun to have strange, realistic nightmares in which pain, along with other sensations can be felt. All across the country, people have been waking in terror, mental and physical scars haunting them. There have been numerous tales of victims waking with gashes, cuts or even deep puncture wounds adorning their bodies. There seems to be no limit when it comes to their nightmares. Rare cases have been reported in which the victim died in their sleep, due to severe wounds dealt to the body. Some have tried staying awake to avoid their nightmares, but this has been proven impossible, and, in the end, simply leads to extreme fatigue and insanity. Although all nightmares seem to be different, they all have the same effect, and it appears that they all link together in one way or another as well...

Your Role
As one of the victims of these horrific nightmares, you must defeat your own fears in order to find out the truth - this link that connects all of the incidents. You must first find allies; there is obviously no way you can defeat this on your own. Teaming up against fear and insanity, you must fight your way to the end and put a stop to all of these deadly nightmares. But remember... once you fall asleep, you may not ever wake up again...

Notes
-You can only "fight" your nightmares if you're asleep. The problem doesn't occur in the real world.

-All that can be seen of the nightmares in the real world is the wounds being inflicted on the host.

-After falling asleep so many times, it is possible that you can't wake up again until your nightmare is over. (No, this doesn't mean you're dead)

-If you die in your dreams, you die for real.

Rules
1) No Godmodding
2) No spamming
3) No flaming
4) No bunnying without the other roleplayer's consent.
5) Foul language to a minimum. I don't want characters to be cursing three or four times every time they speak.
6) Romance is allowed, but no more than PG-13, please.
7) Violence is allowed (of course), but try not to get too gory.
8) No one-liners.
9) Proper grammar and spelling is required.
10) Let me know if you will be away, so that I won't have to remove you from the roleplay for inactivity.
11) Have fun!

And now for my suckish post. :'D

---
Black. Everything was pitch black. Kiseki couldn't see even two feet in front of him. It seemed as though he were the only person alive in this dark, soundless world. Where the heck was he? There was a sharp pain in his eyes that he really didn't understand. He wanted to rub them or something, but was too concerned about his surroundings - or lack thereof.

"Are you afraid, boy?"

Kiseki jumped as a voice sounded from somewhere around him. He couldn't pinpoint a certain direction; it seemed to be coming from all sides at once. He swallowed dryly, his eyes darting back and forth across the darkness, trying to find the source of the demonic voice. He could feel his pulse begin to quicken; he knew something bad was going to happen...

A deep chuckle emitted from the darkness,
"Heh, you should be..."

Kiseki turned, looking around behind him in vain. He knew he couldn't see, but his instincts still drove him to try to find whoever was speaking to him. The pain in his eyes was getting worse, and his could feel something running down his cheeks. Was he crying? Certainly not, right? He reached up to run his fingers across his left cheek, feeling a thick, wet liquid trailing down to his chin. This couldn't be tears; it felt nothing like water.

"Kiseki?"

He traced his cheek up to his eyes, where the liquid was the thickest. As he reached his destination, his heart skipped a beat in its quickening, and his breath caught in his throat. He had no eyes! There were only empty sockets where his eyes were supposed to be. The liquid running from within the holes must have been blood.

"Kiseki."

A throaty, malevolent laugh rang out at the teen's realization, and Kiseki could hear a strange noise coming from behind him. He started to turn around, but was halted abruptly when a sharp, heavy object crashed into his back. He opened his mouth to scream, but nothing came out.

"KISEKI!"

Kiseki jolted up, his own screaming scaring him half to death. He looked around frantically, instantly noticing that his eyes were back.

"Hey." A hand rested on Kiseki's shoulder and he jumped, shifting his gaze to see another face - a mirror of his own - looking back at him with a concerned expression. "You okay?"

"Ichiru," Kiseki breathed his twin's name in relief, glad to be back in his own world, "What happened?"

"You had another nightmare," Ichiru responded to him, sitting back and looking at his brother tiredly. "You started to look like you were in pain, so I tried to wake you up. It seems that your own screaming did it for me."

Kiseki sighed, staring at his lap. So it had all been a nightmare again... This one hadn't been nearly as bad, but still... having no eyes was pretty bad. He shifted, wincing slightly and touching his back.

"Did something happen?" Ichiru leaned forward again, putting his hand in place of Kiseki's as the younger twin's hand dropped back into his lap. He pushed up Kiseki's t-shirt, which made him wince again. A large, bloodied bruise adorned the teen's back, the black, blue and red standing out against his pale skin.

"Not really... In the nightmare, I couldn't see.. turns out my eyes were missing..." Kiseki responded softly, "And then at the end of the dream, something hit me in the back. That must be what made me scream and wake myself up."

Ichiru nodded, sliding Kiseki's shirt back down. "You were beginning to claw at your eyes in your sleep. That was probably part of the dream's effect. There's a large bruise on your back from that last hit. It looks like it may take awhile to heal."

Kiseki sighed, turning to look at his brother. He noticed the bags under his twin's eyes. He looked extremely tired.

"You didn't sleep again last night, did you?"

Ichiru shook his head.

"Ichiru--"

The older teen rose, glancing at the clock. "Well, in any case, we still have to go to school..." He looked back to Kiseki, "Or would you rather stay out today? That bruise could be troublesome."

"No, I'll be fine." Kiseki stood up, ignoring the pain that jolted up his spine. "I'll be ready soon; go on ahead."

OoC: Fail. I'll bring them to school in the next post; too lazy to write anymore right now.

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Last edited by DarkAmethyst; 07-05-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: World of Nightmares [RP]

"AHH!" A loud scream could be heard from Ashley's room. Ashley's younger brother Jeremy raced upstairs from the kitchen and went into Ashley's room. Another scream loudly escaped from her. "He's going to kill me! Get away!" Ashley yelled as she started to kick her legs and wave her arms around.

"Ashley!" Jeremy yelled as he ran over to her. He sat on the bed and tried to shake her to wake up, but she punched him right in the lip in her sleep. Jeremy quickly grabbed both of her hands and held them down. "Wake up Ashley, wake up!" Jeremy yelled. A few moments later her body had stopped moving and she quickly opened her eyes, gasping for air.

"Jeremy?" Ashley whispered. Jeremy just wrapped his arms around his sister and held her for a few seconds without saying a word. When he let Ashley go, he just looked at her and spoke.
"What happened this time?"
"I-I'm not sure. Someone was out to get me. It was too dark to see anything, but I know someone was there. Oh man Jeremy, your lip." Ashley said as she saw that her brother's bottom lip was bleeding a little bit.
"Ah don't worry about it, it's nothing."
"Great, our first day at a new school and you have a cut lip already."
"Hey don't worry about it. Are you sure you're ready for a new school?"
"Yeah. Maybe it will help with everything."
"Alright." Jeremy said. He hugged his sister one more time and stood up, walking out of the room. Ashley just sat there for a few seconds, steadying her breathing. After taking a few deep breaths, Ashley stood up and got herself dressed. She wore a black t-shirt with a red heart on it which had a dagger going through the middle, dark blue tattered jeans and black converse sneakers. Ashley walked over to the mirror and looked at herself.

"I can do this. This new beginning has to work, please work." Ashley said to herself. She brushed out her hair until all the knots were out, making her hair perfectly straight. Hanging from her mirror was a necklace that her mother had given her. She put it around her neck, grabbed her bag and walked downstairs to the kitchen where she saw Jeremy with two bagels.
"Here, you're going to need your strength." Jeremy said as he held out one of the bagels. Ashley smiled and grabbed it.
"So who's driving?"
"I will."
"Are you sure? Since I damaged your lip and everything I owe you..."
"Don't worry about it, I'll drive. Come on lets go." Jeremy said as he quickly finished up his bagel and grabbed his bag. Ashley nodded and the two of them walked out of the house and headed to Jeremy's car. Their aunt's car was already gone and off to work. They made their way inside Jeremy's car and he drove off.
"What do you wanna listen to?" Ashley asked as she plugged in her ipod into the car adapter and turned it on."
"Anything is fine with me. Just make it really loud." Jeremy said. Ashley nodded and put on Story of the Year, blasting their whole album. Ashley finished her bagel just in time as Jeremy pulled into the school's parking lot. People were staring at the two of them because of the loud music, but Jeremy didn't care. He turned off his car and the two of them got out, just looking at each other, then at the school. "Damn, pretty big school."
"Yeah." Ashley said. The two of them walked inside together and headed to Ashley's first class. They each had a small map of the school so their classes shouldn't be hard to find. Some boys were looking at Ashley, just smiling at her. Jeremy gave them each a death gaze, knowing what they were thinking about. Ashley just rolled her eyes and ignored the boys.
"Alright. My phone is on silent and I'll be checking it at least twice in every class. If you need me then just text my phone."
"Okay, but don't worry about me silly. Just worry about yourself. It's not easy being a junior at a new high school."
"Well it's not easy being a senior at a new high school. You might need me." Jeremy said. Ashley just sighed and have him a tight hug.
"I'll be fine. We have the same lunch, art and gym period so I'll see you then." Ashley said. Jeremy nodded and gave Ashley a smile. He waved goodbye and walked away. Ashley quickly put her phone on silent as well and walked into her first class, English. The teacher turned around and smiled at Ashley.

"Hello, are you Ashley?"
"Yeah, Ashley Gilbert."
"Welcome Ashley, my name is Mrs.Cook. You can have a seat anywhere you like. I don't have assigned seats for anyone."
"Okay thank you." Ashley said. There were a few kids in the classroom already, but class wouldn't be starting until ten minutes or so. Ashley walked over to the row that was closest to the windows which had no students seated yet and sat down in the third seat.

"Please be a good day today..."
Ashley thought to herself as she looked out the window.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Lani Hyland
Home

Tonight, she wasn`t going to sleep. Actually, if Lani could get away with it, there wouldn`t another bed time until the nightmares ended. The weight of her built up fatigue almost seemed to challenge this decision, pleading with the girl for a simple hour or two of slumber. There was, however, no way that she was going to let herself cave in. Last night`s experience was still too fresh, too raw, too tormenting. Shuttering, the girl tried to shake the images from her mind, but as hard as she tried, they stuck like glue. Vivid memories of vicious hounds, their teeth sharp as jagged glass, eyes glowing in a soft eerie red and their monstrous desire for blood, her blood, still burned. She knew that returning to slumber land would invoke a repeat visit from these creatures, one that was best avoided.

“Crash”, the sudden sound of something hitting the floor killed her train of thought. Lani felt her heart pounding at a quickened rate, the sound an utter shock to the system. Her hazel eyes found themselves staring at a pile of open books, revelled by the weak illumination of night light. She immediately recognised these as her overdue library reads, the ones that the school librarian had been nagging her about. The girl had been meaning to return them, but somehow always forgot.

“Nya?” Lani noticed her cat, a calico named Sushi, admiring the mess. This feline, she knew, loved to knock things over, and those books were light enough for her to push. Despite recent mental slowness, it was obvious to the girl who was responsible for the books` shoot.

“Sushi!” snapped the girl, a little irritated, which seemed to startle the animal. Less than a second later, the cat bolted for the half open door and was consumed by the darkness of the hallway. Lani simply sigh, wishing Sushi hadn`t left. She was still afraid, and despite her mischievousness, the calico made good company. Needless to say, it was a long, yet sleepless, night…

*A few hours later*

“And Lan, don`t forget to bring those books back!” reminded her father before hastily slamming the door behind him, choosing not to wait for Lani`s reply. After signing the girl nodded, staring at her untouched cereal bowl. The small loops bobbed motionlessly in the milk they had tainted a pale beige, waiting for consummation. Despite hating the now soggy Cheerios, Lani figured she should at least avoid hunger and slowly started on the light meal…

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 07-06-2010, 12:51 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

OoC: Haha all the talk of sleep is making me tired.. xD

IC: Kiseki descended the stairs slowly, still half asleep, to find his older twin waiting for him near the door. He shifted the backpack - so much heavier than normal - on his shoulder, wincing as it brushed against his back. Ichiru extended an arm to his brother, a fresh bagel resting between his fingers. Kiseki honestly didn't really feel like eating, but he'd learned by now that hunger lead to fatigue, which led to sleep, which of course led to nightmares. He gave his brother a small smile and took the bagel.

Ichiru glanced at the clock, hoisting his pack onto his shoulder, "We're gonna be late if we don't leave now.."

Kiseki followed his gaze, instantly noticing that there was only ten minutes left before class started.

"C'mon, I'll drive." Kiseki followed Ichiru through the front door and out to the car, attempting to still eat the bagel in the process.

A few minutes later, Ichiru pulled into the school parking lot, glancing at Kiseki as he put the car in park and shut off the engine. "You okay?"

Kiseki nodded. He'd finished his bagel during the drive, and was more awake now, but fatigue still clouded his mind.

The two got out, recieving a few stares from students gathered outside.

"Geez, you'd think they'd never saw twins before..." Ichiru muttered under his breath as he led his brother through the school's front doors. He and Kiseki had already been coming to the school for a few years, and they had been around the same students for most of that time, yet people still stared at them if they were together - like they were mutants or something. Of course, the two of them were always together - even in class. The teachers had always put them in the same classes; most of the time, only in one or two classes would they be separated - if at all.

Kiseki pulled out a folded piece of paper from his hoodie pocket, unfolding it to look at the contents inside.

"Looks like our first class is English."

Ichiru nodded, glancing at the younger twin as he folded the paper again and slipped it back into his pocket. This school was rather large, but the two of them had grown familiar with it over time.

After a few turns and quite a bit of walking, Ichiru and Kiseki walked into the English classroom. Even though it was almost time for class to start, there were only a few students in the room. One of them, however, looked unfamiliar. She was sitting by herself near one of the windows. Kiseki furrowed his brow, knowing that he hadn't seen her before. Was she new?

"Hey." Ichiru nudged the boy, bringing him to tear his gaze away from the new face and look at his twin, who had already taken a seat near the middle of the room. His normal places - near the door and at the back - were already taken. Kiseki noticed that Ichiru's seat was only one seat away from the girl he'd noticed, and that the said seat was the only one open - near his brother, that is.

Kiseki took the seat between Ichiru and the girl, keeping his gaze on the ground until he was seated. Something about the girl seemed to be different.. It was like he knew her somehow; like somehow they were connected. It was the strangest feeling, and he knew it was weird, but he couldn't seem to shake it.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Ashley was sitting in her seat, still looking out the window. After a few short minutes the bell had rung, which made Ashley turn her head. The entire class was filled now, leaving no empty seats. She noticed that the two boys on her left side were twin brothers. She felt a little weird though, like there was something about them she knew about already. Ashley just turned back around and looked at the teacher.

"Everyone, we have a new student named Ashley. I want everyone to make her feel welcomed." The teacher had said. Most of the class had turned around and looked at her, some of them saying 'hello', 'hey', and 'hi'. Ashley turned her head and gave an awkward smile, then turned back towards the front. The class seemed to go on forever, which was making Ashley a little tired. She pulled out her class schedule, seeing what she had next. Luckily it was Art so she would at least have her brother to talk to. The bell rang and Ashley got up, walking out of the class. In the hallway she saw her brother Jeremy leaning up against a locker waiting for her.

"Hey, how was English?"
"Boring. Did the teacher introduce you to the whole class also?"
"Yup..." Ashley just chuckled and walked to art class with her brother.
"Something happened in class though."
"Like what?"
"Well, there were these two twin brothers who sat next to me. It felt like I had some sort of connection with them or something, it was weird."
"Like 'dingo ate my baby' weird?"
"What? Dude, you have been watching WAY too much Supernatural."
"Ha yeah I know."
"But seriously, I had a weird feeling."
"Ash, I'm sure it's nothing. Maybe you're just nervous about the first day and all. Maybe you're afraid you'll fall asleep in school?"
"That's the last thing I need to happen..."
"It won't, don't worry. After art, we have gym, a different class and then lunch. Once you have a full meal you'll be awake for the rest of the day."
"Yeah, you're right." Ashley said. The two of them walked into their art class and made their way over to the teacher.

"Hey, I'm Jeremy Gilbert, this is my sister Ashley. We're new to this school."
"Oh hello, my name is Mr. Tanner. You can sit anywhere you like." The two of them nodded and looked at the tables. In the room were five square tables which sat four people at a time, two chairs on one side, and two chairs on the other. Ashley and Jeremy walked to an empty table and sat down from across another, leaving an free seat on both of their sides.

"Are you tired at all Ash?"
"No actually. I feel completely awake for once."
"That's really good. Your eyes sometimes have bags under them, but today there aren't any."
"Yeah. I just hope this new town changes things."
"Yeah, me too." Jeremy said. Ashley looked to her left, seeing the empty stool. Jeremy did the same, but looked to his right, looking at the empty stool.
"Do you think someone will sit next to us?" Ashley asked.
"I guess it depends on how many people are in this class. It's mixed grades in here." Jeremy said. Ashley nodded and glanced over at the door, looking to see who would walk in next. That weird feeling Ashley got from those twin brothers was still bothering her.

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 07-07-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:20 AM
The Luna Diviner

Lani Hyland
En route to school-school

Living only a few streets from the school, Lani usually found herself walking or riding her bike, although the latter was rare. This morning was no exception, the girl strolling rather slowly onward, not really paying attention to the familiar scenery. Being located in a rather residential area, the view mainly consisted of houses, yards, greenery and the occasional passing vehicle. This also meant that the noise pollution was rather minimal, but as she neared the education faculty, the quiet was increasingly interrupted. Sounds of talking, laughing and even the odd scream invaded the airwaves, and made the school very hard to miss.

As usual, large groups of students could be found outside, enjoying the now limited days of nice weather. Actually, Lani quite enjoyed the autumn climate, cool, breezy, cloudy. Despite this season being infamous for “back to school time” among children and teens alike, the girl actually had it picked as her favourite. There was just something about it, stretching further then the pleasant forecasts that was attracting. Maybe the colourful leaves?

“I can`t, you know, believe how much they look alike,” spoke a female voice, the girl whose it was staring curiously at familiar faces. Lani had seen these boys around before, and knew them to be in the same grade as she, albeit older. They always seemed to draw stares from the student body, despite having attended this school since the ninth grade. The girl felt a little badly, and quickly drew her eyes away from her peers, realising she`d ogled herself. Lani, however, couldn`t help but give Kiseki one last look before heading off toward her locker.

Biology was an interesting class to start off the day with. The material was interesting, the teacher nice, and the girl only wished she could concentrate better. This morning, they were actually starting a new unit, DNA replication. For half of Ms. Price`s lecture, Lani found herself completely distracted, which was becoming for common for her. Reading the white board the woman stood in front of, it was easy to see that yeserday`s last period lesson had not been erased. Notes containing information about the Periodic Table of Elements neatly consumed the top half. At the far right was an orderly table, divided by class, noting the assignments that were to be completed. In the first period Biology box a nice blank space was provided, no homework.

“And remember to bring your textbooks tomorrow,” reminded Ms. Price, taking a purple marker and filling the information in the previously white square. Lani made a quick note of this at the bottom of the page that she`d opened up to, which happened to be the intro hand out for this section. As her hand lifted from the green sheet, the bell went, class one, over.

The art room was actually across the school, so when she arrived, it was no shock that most spots were claimed already. Most of the kids taking this course had friends with them, which didn`t apply to her, anymore.

“Wait, wha?” Lani noticed two unfamiliar faces sitting straight across from each other, one a girl and the other a guy. Were they new? Tightening her gip on her sky blue binder, the girl slowly approached their table, which was as paint stained as all the others. “Hi…hiya, I`m Lani, and…” this really bizarre feeling came upon her, interrupting the introduction. It was as if they were connected, somehow…

00C: I assumed here that high school started in grade 9. Sorry if this clashes or something, and I`ll change it if it does!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:39 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

OoC: Nah, it's okay. The school starts at grade 9, so you don't have to worry about the post. It's fine. ^^

IC: After a few more minutes, the classroom was full, and the teacher began to speak.

"Everyone, we have a new student named Ashley. I want everyone to make her feel welcomed."

Every eye in the classroom shifted to the girl beside Kiseki, which he knew had to be uncomfortable. Throughout the classroom, you could hear students saying "Hi", "hey" or "hello", although most of them were silent. Kiseki was unable to make himself speak at the moment and simply gave Ashley the most welcoming smile he could muster at the moment.

Class seemed to drag on forever after that, which really didn't help the twins' fatigue. Ichiru had to nudge Kiseki once or twice to keep him from falling asleep. When it was finally over, all of the students rose and filed out of the room, Kiseki and Ichiru in the midst.

Kiseki spotted Ashley talking to another guy near a locker not too far away, but refrained himself from staring or appearing to stare by pulling out the class schedule again.

"Looks like our next class is art."

Ichiru stifled a yawn from his spot against a locker, glancing at the paper in his brother's hands. A group of students passed by, laughing and joking together. Kiseki folded the paper again and put it away, looking back to Ichiru, who looked as though he could slip into slumber at any moment.

"Don't fall asleep," he nudged the elder twin, worry flickering in his emerald eyes, "If we can make it to lunch without passing out, we should be okay."

Ichiru simply nodded, straightening himself and turning in the opposite direction.

"Art, you said?"

"Yeah."

"Let's get it over with, then..."

Kiseki followed Ichiru down the hallway, his eyes fixed on the tiled floor beneath him. He knew it had to be harder for him to stay awake, since he hadn't slept that night at all. Kiseki may have woken with a severe bruise, but he had at least gotten to sleep, so he didn't have to worry about it as much.

When the pair arrived at the art classroom, most of the seats were already taken. Kiseki instantly spotted Ashley and the boy from before, along with a familiar face across the room. Kiseki could see now that they boy looked a little younger than Ashley, maybe by a year or two. Maybe he was her brother, or one of her relatives.

"Isn't that Lani?" Kiseki glanced at Ichiru when he spoke, simply nodding to the question. Did she know the two newcomers? Or was she just being friendly?

Ichiru and Kiseki walked over to the three, Ichiru following Kiseki this time. Even though they had gone to school together for awhile, neither of them had ever bothered talking to Lani. They had always stayed to themselves. This could have been because of their nightmares, which started for both of them when they entered high school. Ichiru had joked once that maybe the school was haunted and giving them nightmares. Either way, out of most of the people they'd been around during their time at the school, Lani seemed to be one of the most decent.

However, as they approached, both twins were struck with the same feeling as they had experienced with Ashley. What was this... connection?

Kiseki shook the feeling off, deciding to be the first to speak.

"H-Hi Lani." Kiseki spoke with a somewhat shy smile. He knew it had to be weird that he'd just come up and spoken to her out of nowhere. "Are these friends of yours?"

There didn't seem to be a losing side to this situation. If Lani didn't know Ashley and the boy, then maybe this could be the chance to make three new friends. If she did, then maybe he and Ichiru could decipher what the strange feeling was, plus make some new friends. It seemed to work out either way, so long as everyone was friendly.

OoC: Haha these are the longest posts I've made in awhile. xD

Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Ashley continued to look over at the door to see who would walk in next. After a minute or two, a girl who seemed to be a little younger then Ashley and Jeremy walked it. The same feeling that she had with the twin brothers washed over her again. She looked down, then back over at Jeremy.

"Everything okay Ash?"
"I'm getting that weird feeling again..." Ashley said. Jeremy just looked at her, then slowly turned around and saw the girl. She walked over to Ashley and Jeremy, which made Ashley take in a deep breath.

"Hi…hiya, I'm Lani, and…" Lani had said. She paused at mid sentence, just looking at Ashley. Ashley just looked back over at her, then broke the silence.

"Hey. My name is Ashley, this is my brother Jeremy. We're new students here." Ashley had said. Jeremy lightly kicked Ashley's foot from underneath the table. When she looked up at him again, she saw him wave his cellphone for a second or two, then moved his hands underneath the table. Ashley quickly nodded and grabbed her's. Ashley looked up again, seeing the two twins walking towards the three of them. The feeling had gotten stronger, a lot stronger then before. Ashley quickly pulled up her text messages and wrote one to Jeremy before he sent her one first.

The twins r here and theyre coming over towards us. Something isnt right tho. The feeling that I was getting is a lot stronger now. I'll tell you l8r. Ashley sent the text message to Jeremy's phone. Jeremy read it and just nodded, putting his phone back into his pocket. Ashley put her's back into her pocket as well and looked over at the twins, who were now at their table.

"H-Hi Lani." The one twin said with a shy smile. Then he spoke again. "Are these friends of yours?" Mr. Tanner walked over to the group and smiled.

"Well I see that you two made some new friends. Since there's only four chairs and five of you guys, one of you can just take a chair from the back and bring it over here to the table." Mr. Tanner had said. Ashley nodded and looked at the three.

"Do you guys wanna sit with us?" Ashley asked.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:29 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

""Well I see that you two made some new friends. Since there's only four chairs and five of you guys, one of you can just take a chair from the back and bring it over here to the table." Kiseki jumped when Mr Tanner came over and spoke to them. He simply nodded in response to the teacher, glancing at Ichiru's amused expression with a slight glare that seemed to say "shut up". Had he not been tired, he would have no doubt made a comment about Kiseki's nervous state.

"Do you guys wanna sit with us?" Ashley asked the three.

"Sure, if it wouldn't bother you," Kiseki responded after a moment's consideration. Ichiru, who remembered what Mr. Tanner had said, went to the back and fetched a chair, adding it to the table incase Lani wanted to sit down. Kiseki looked at him for a moment, questioning his status with his eyes. Normally Ichiru would speak to anyone new, and acted a lot more friendly than he was today. Although sometimes he still seemed kind of distant at first...

Nonetheless, the younger twin took the seat across from Ashley somewhat hesitately, Ichiru following suit a few seconds later. He winced when his back connected with the back of the chair, but recovered quickly for fear of being questioned.

"I-I'm Kiseki, and this is Ichiru."

Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 PM
The Luna Diviner

Lani Hyland
School (Art Class)

"Hey. My name is Ashley, this is my brother Jeremy. We're new students here." Lani was quite glad that her crappy introduction went uncommented, like it could have easily. She wondered if it was the lack of sleep that was to blame for the ongoing weird sensation, or if there was really something more in play here. Either way, just standing there was probably not the best of ideas, and just before the girl could give a more proper answer, her hazel eyes caught a glimpse of Kiseki and Ichiru. Not wanting to stare, again, the girl tore her gaze from the twins and refocused them toward Ashley and her brother. They appeared to be texting, she`d seen it done about a zillion times, and so, waited, not wanting to be a bother.

"H-Hi Lani." The unexpected voice of Kiseki caught her way off guard, almost startling the girl. Turning to face him, she was struck by the exact same feeling; it mirrored that felt around Ashley. Trying to look him in the eye was proving very difficult, and with each minor attempt, Lani felt her cheeks burn slightly. Please, don`t let me blush now; silent hopes were probably in vain at this point, however. She was so caught up that his second set of words was almost missed, almost.

"Well I see that you two made some new friends. Since there's only four chairs and five of you guys, one of you can just take a chair from the back and bring it over here to the table." Mr. Tanner`s suggestion had maybe saved Lani from looking like a complete incompetent, and for his “intervention”, she was glad. After Ashley responded with a nod, the contented teacher stepped away, leaving the students to act how they wished.

"Do you guys wanna sit with us?" The brunette girl asked, looking at Lani and the twin boys.

"Sure, if it wouldn't bother you," Kiseki answered after a few instances, and managed to beat her in replying. Was it the lack of sleep causing the slowness, or the feeling that was only stronger now? Maybe a combination of both?

“Thank-you, Ichiru,” Lani said, sounding maybe a little too formal, in response to the boy`s getting her a chair from the back. Before actually seating herself, however, she had to confirm, “Okay… if that isn`t a problem for any of you,”

"I-I'm Kiseki, and this is Ichiru." The boy spoke seconds after Lani`s mouth closed, and she awaited an answer, feeling only slightly less nervous then before...

00C: ^^
Pardon crappiness ^^`

Old 07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Ashley and Jeremy watched as everyone sat down at their table. Ashley smiled when she looked over at Lani and the twin brothers.

"I-I'm Kiseki, and this is Ichiru." Kiseki had said.
"Hey. I'm Ashley, this is my brother Jeremy." Ashley said. At least now Ashley was able to tell the two twins apart for today by their clothes and the way their hair went. Jeremy smiled and looked over at Ashley.

"Well after school is going to suck."
"Yeah I know. Aunt Jenna should be home from work to help unpack. Did you unpack your boxes yet Jeremy?"
"Yeah, did you?"
"Some of them. One of mom and dad's boxes were mixed up with mine last night."
"Really? Why didn't you tell me?"
"I don't know. I just brought it down to the basement with the rest of their stuff." Ashley said as she looked down. Jeremy did the same, then looked back up at Ashley.

"Do you think that's why you had a bad nightmare last night?"
"Yeah maybe." Ashley said as her glance fell over to Jeremy's bottom lip where a small cut could be seen. Jeremy knew what she was looking at and just chuckled a little bit. Jeremy turned his gaze to the other three and spoke so they wouldn't be left out.

"This one over here," Jeremy said as he looked at Ashley, then back over at the group, "decided to punch me in the lip this morning."
"Oh that was not my fault and you know it. Besides, you had it coming anyways." Ashley jokingly said.
"Haha sure." They both just shook their heads and sat there.

"Alright class, today you guys can free draw. You can draw anything you want and show it to me after class. Paper and sharpened pencils are right on my desk." Mr. Tanner said from his chair. Ashley stood up and looked at everyone at her group.

"I'll get everything." Ashley said. She walked over to Mr. Tanner's desk and grabbed five pieces of paper and five pencils. She walked back over to her own table and sat down, putting everything in the middle of the table.

"Thanks Ash." Jeremy said as he grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil. Ashley did the same and looked down at the paper, thinking of what to draw. Drawing dragons was one of Jeremy's specialties, so Ashley knew what Jeremy was going to draw. Jeremy looked up, seeing that his sister couldn't think of what to draw.

"Why don't you draw a Japanese scenery? That would be very pretty."
"Good idea." Ashley said as she began to draw. She was very good at drawing, so she knew that it was going to turn out nice. Ashley looked up at the group and smiled. "So what's there to do for fun around here?" Ashley asked.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:30 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Kiseki heard Lani respond to Ashley's offer, as well as thank Ichiru for retrieving a chair, who nodded in response, a small smile finally appearing on his face in an attempt to look less gloomy.

"Hey. My name is Ashley, and this is my brother Jeremy." Both twins looked back to Ashley as she introduced herself and the boy beside her. So Kiseki had been right; he was her brother. She and Jeremy started up a conversation between themselves then, which brought Kiseki to begin to space out somewhat. However, when he heard mention of Ashley having nightmares, he snapped back into reality, glancing over at to meet Ichiru's eyes for only a second as the two of them silently repeated the word in their minds. Surely Ashley wasn't having the same problem as them.. right?

"This one over here," Jeremy looked at Ashley as he spoke, "decided to punch me in the lip this morning."

Kiseki stifled a chuckle as Ashley responded, and the smile from earlier was finally fully visible on Ichiru's face.

Alright class, today you guys can free draw. You can draw anything you want and show it to me after class. Paper and sharpened pencils are right on my desk."

Ichiru and Kiseki looked over to Mr. Tanner, who was seated at his desk as he spoke. Ashley announced that she'd get everything, rising and crossing the room to fetch paper and pencils from the teacher's desk.

"Thank you." For once, the twins spoke at the same time, seconds after Jeremy thanked his sister as well. In a lot of situations, they liked to do it just to mess with people, since they seemed to enjoy staring at them so much. It just gave them something else to marvel at. This time however, it was an accident, although neither teen acknowledged it as they each took a sheet of paper, as well as a pencil from the middle of the table. Neither of them knew what to draw, staring blankly at the white paper in front of them.

After a few moments of silence, Ashley spoke again, "So what's there to do for fun around here?"

"I think there's an arcade somewhere downtown," Kiseki responded, his pencil tapping lightly against the table as he thought, "We've only been there once, though. It could be different by now..." His thinking expression shifted to a smile, "Either way, video games a fun, right?"

"There's also a large park a few blocks from here that's great for picnics, hanging out and such," Ichiru finally spoke, bringing relief to his twin. He didn't like it when Ichiru clammed up and didn't speak to anyone.

Having finally decided what he was going to draw, Kiseki's pencil finally met the paper, creating thin, light lines. A short pause followed Ichiru's statement, after which Kiseki looked up again, having just thought of something.

"Ooh, I heard a rumor that there's some sort of hidden passage or cave or something somewhere in the park... For some reason or other, everyone's afraid to go check it out, though."

Ichiru chuckled at his brother's sudden enthusiasm, adding to his statement, "And the few that have supposedly found it won't speak about it. It's really weird."

Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
The Luna Diviner

Lani Hyland
School (Art Class)

Smiling, Lani wasn`t used to seeing Ichiru grin, however small this once may have been. Despite not having been answered, this was probably a good cue that her presence was going to allowed here.

"Hey. I'm Ashley, this is my brother Jeremy." The girl spoke, looking at the twins while her brother simply smiled. He returned his attention to Ashley within and moments, they were engaged in a conversation. After listening to the first few lines, it was clear that the topic seemed to be on a personal subject, so Lani figured it wasn`t her place to tune in. Instead, her attention diverted to the twin boys, noticing Kiseki seemed to be a little dozed out. Not wanting to stare, again, she instead looked down at her binder. Like many of the others, this was material, and boasted a zipper, which was also rather common. Sky blue was its primary colour, although black was also present, the shade boarding the edges its spine. She slowly wondered what task they would have to do today...

"This one over here," the sudden change in Jeremy pitch drew Lani`s attention, and it was easy to see he was now addressing the group, "decided to punch me in the lip this morning." He seemed to be more upbeat, so this didn`t raise any red flags for the girl.

"Oh that was not my fault and you know it. Besides, you had it coming anyways." His sister added, jokingly. Her brother responded light-heartedly, and the twins both provided responses leading to the fact that they toke it humorously.

"Alright class, today you guys can free draw. You can draw anything you want and show it to me after class. Paper and sharpened pencils are right on my desk." Mr. Tanner`s voice startled the girl, having almost forgotten she was even in class.

"I'll get everything." Ashley offered kindly, rising to her feet and going over to get the supplies. Lani smiled, in response. When she returned, her brother expressed a nice “thanks”.
"Thank you." The sound of Kiseki and Ichiru speaking at the same time, almost prying the dark blonde gaze over. After a moment had passed, she brought this back to Ashley.

“Thank-you much,” As silly as it sounded, Lani said this rather often when thanking somebody.

"So what's there to do for fun around here?" Ashley spoke, after acquiring an idea of what to draw from her brother. Staring a little nervously at the taunting blank sheet of paper, the girl slowly opened her mouth to speak, but Kiseki was faster.

Actually, both the twins contributed some information. From this, Lani learned that Kiseki enjoyed playing electronic games. Looking over at him, it wasn`t hard to notice that he was getting started on his piece. She unintentionally stared as his pencil created a few soft lines. What was he drawing?

"Ooh, I heard a rumor that there's some sort of hidden passage or cave or something somewhere in the park... For some reason or other, everyone's afraid to go check it out, though." This seemed to prompt a chuckle and further comment from his twin, Ichiru.

“It`s, it`s actually pretty famous or infamous around here,” added Lani, remembering how her brother and his group of friends had once attempted to find the mystery passage. In the end, they came back claiming to have found nothing, and this the girl believed. Kai would have broadcasted such a discovery to the entire world…

Old 07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

"I think there's an arcade somewhere downtown," Kiseki responded to Ashley's question first, "We've only been there once, though. It could be different by now..." there was a short pause, but then Kiseki smiled, "Either way, video games a fun, right?" Jeremy spoke first.

"Yeah, my sister rocks at video games."
"Damn straight." Ashley said. Jeremy just laughed at his sister's response.

"There's also a large park a few blocks from here that's great for picnics, hanging out and such." Ichiru said. Jeremy and Ashley looked at each other at the same time.

"We gotta check out those places later." Jeremy said.
"Haha yeah." Ashley said as she looked down at Jeremy's paper. His dragon was coming out really good so far.

"Ooh, I heard a rumor that there's some sort of hidden passage or cave or something somewhere in the park... For some reason or other, everyone's afraid to go check it out, though." Kiseki said in an energetic voice. Ashley looked up and saw Ichiru chuckle.

"And the few that have supposedly found it won't speak about it. It's really weird." Ichiru added. Jeremy looked down and was lost in thought for a few moments. His head quickly came up and looked at everyone.

"Maybe it's The Underground Railroad. Slaves use to use those tunnels to escape to the free states and Canada. There were also these safe houses that the slaves could stay at as well. If there was a quilt in the window that had a black or a navy blue color in the middle then it was a safe signal. But if the quilt was turned over it would have a red center which meant to stay away. Maybe if it is a tunnel from The Underground Railroad then it could be haunted or something." Jeremy said. Ashley just looked at him, then chuckled a little bit.

"Well, looks like someone was paying attention in History class after all. Well done Jeremy, I'm impressed." Ashley playfully said.
"Ah shut up." Jeremy said as he rolled his eyes and smiled.

"It's, it's actually pretty famous or infamous around here," Lani added, but didn't say anything else. Jeremy looked over at Lani, then back over to his sister.

"Maybe we should go check it out sometime." Jeremy said with a huge smile on his face.
"Yeah, when we get all our boxes unpacked. Also we'll go during the day."
"Scared of the dark?" Jeremy asked. Ashley just looked at him and didn't say anything. Jeremy's smile faded as the two siblings looked at each other, having a conversation with their eyes. Jeremy nodded his head and looked down. "Alright, during the day." Jeremy looked back down at his picture and began to draw again, his sister doing the same. Ashley let out a short yawn, which made Jeremy jolt up his head to look at Ashley.

"You're tired?"
"Yeah I'm getting there. It came all of a sudden."
"Just don't fall asleep. Lunch is like two hours away."
"I know." Ashley looked down, but Jeremy kept his eyes on his sister. Worried washed over him as he watched Ashley yawn again, leaning her head to the side and resting it on her fist. After a few seconds she closed her eyes, which made her brother flinch a little.
"Hey, no falling asleep. I thought you said you weren't tired?"
"I kinda lied." Ashley said as she yawned again. Jeremy sighed and looked at the group.
"Whenever my sister falls asleep, sometimes she has these bad nightmares. We think it's because of what happened to our parents." Jeremy said. He figured that if he only told half of the story, then there shouldn't be any problems. Just as long as he keeps out that Ashley physically gets hurt in them, then they will just sound like normal nightmares. Ashley just nodded and focused back on her paper.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

"Yeah, my sister rocks at video games." Jeremy responded to Kiseki's mention of an arcade. The younger twin grinned at Ashley's following comment.

"Maybe we could all get together and go there sometime, then," Kiseki looked at Lani as he spoke, letting her know that he meant her as well.

"It's, it's actually pretty famous or infamous around here." Lani spoke up after mention of the hidden passage, although she didn't say much more.

"Maybe it's The Underground Railroad. Slaves use to use those tunnels to escape to the free states and Canada. There were also these safe houses that the slaves could stay at as well. If there was a quilt in the window that had a black or a navy blue color in the middle then it was a safe signal. But if the quilt was turned over it would have a red center which meant to stay away. Maybe if it is a tunnel from The Underground Railroad then it could be haunted or something."

Ichiru's expression mirrored his twin's after the Jeremy finished speaking.

"Come to think of it, I did hear mention of that not too long ago. If that's what it is, then it would certainly be something worthy of exploring."

Kiseki nodded at his brother's statement, although his eyes were fixed on the table in thought. Although he and Ichiru had only joked about the school and the town being haunted, he was starting to wonder if it really was. If the passage everyone was talking about turned out to be the Underground Railroad like Jeremy said, then it was very likely that something was down there. What if that something was what was causing their nightmares? It wasn't impossible, right?

As he was thinking, Kiseki's mind was oblivious to the rest of the conversation between Jeremy and his sister, although Ashley's repetitive yawns caught his attention. Beside him, Ichiru stifled a yawn of his own.

"Hey, no falling asleep. I thought you said you weren't tired?" The sudden concern in Jeremy's eyes and tone made Kiseki and Ichiru furrow their brows, glancing at each other as Ashley replied with, "I kinda lied."

After a sigh, Jeremy looked back to the group, "Whenever my sister falls asleep, sometimes she has these bad nightmares. We think it's because of what happened to our parents."

Nightmares?

"Ah.." Kiseki nodded in understanding, "I'm sorry..." There was a pause as he absentmindedly sketched a few more soft lines on his paper before lifting his eyes again, "Have you guys heard about the crazy nightmare epidemic going around?"

Normally, Ichiru would have gently kicked, nudged or gave his brother a warning look, but he knew that the problem was so well known, even if Ashley, Jeremy and Lani didn't know about it, they'd find out.

OoC: Sorry for the suckish post.. in a rush