Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64
Default Releasing

I'm not good at making long posts, so I'll get right to the point. My stats are cluttered with Pokemon that I both don't want and I will never use. People don't want them. This is what I propose.

Why can't there be a "Release Your Pokemon" thread, where people can get rid of their Pokemon? Said Pokemon must have been owned for a certain amount of time, etc. I'm sure there'll be more guidelines as people come up with them.

I dunno, I just want it. I know it's been discussed before, but still. No harm in trying.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 06-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: Releasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
I'm not good at making long posts, so I'll get right to the point. My stats are cluttered with Pokemon that I both don't want and I will never use. People don't want them. This is what I propose.

Why can't there be a "Release Your Pokemon" thread, where people can get rid of their Pokemon? Said Pokemon must have been owned for a certain amount of time, etc. I'm sure there'll be more guidelines as people come up with them.

I dunno, I just want it. I know it's been discussed before, but still. No harm in trying.
-which ones don't you want, IM me-

You can just throw them away I'm guessing. If you want to throw them away then go for it, they're yours. What I would do is just delete them from your stats and save them somewhere else (like a word document) just in case you want them later. Idk, this is just what I think.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post

You can just throw them away I'm guessing. If you want to throw them away then go for it, they're yours. What I would do is just delete them from your stats and save them somewhere else (like a word document) just in case you want them later. Idk, this is just what I think.
I'm guessing if someone decided to randomly delete mons from their stats, the officials wouldn't be too keen on letting them put the mons back whenever they wanted. Just sayin'.

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Old 06-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
I'm guessing if someone decided to randomly delete mons from their stats, the officials wouldn't be too keen on letting them put the mons back whenever they wanted. Just sayin'.
Yeah, I was thinking that, but if they still have the proof of where they got it then I don't see why not. However, he doesn't want them anymore so if he deletes them, which I think he should be able too, he just can't get them back.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

If I were to go with this line of thought, personally, I'd make it so that you have to pay a fee to dump your Pokemon. Prevent abuse and fraud of the sort that Marshy as decrying when we were going on about... something or other. I think it was 2HKOs.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post

*shakes head firmly* Nope, but sorry, but that's a bad idea. When people don't provide info of a Pokemon that suddenly popped up in their stats, we have to investigate. If people began to delete Pokemon from their stats, it would just cause a mess. Keeping track of what Pokemon a trainer has and from where they got it is crucial to weed out people who are cheating. Yes, the trainer would still have the Pokemon date on a saved document, but it would be a hassle to go and ask, "Ok, where did you get that Pokemon? Where did that Pokemon go?" to everybody.

For now, you can gift Pokemon (and/or items) you don't want. I mean, there's always new, unnoticed members who don't get anything and feel sort of left out. Even receiving a Caterpie or a Smooth Rock would brighten their day.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 06-10-2010, 03:27 AM
Zolar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zolar Send a message via Yahoo to Zolar

Haha I want a Caterpie... Just kidding, anyway I know what you mean, I dislike my Pachirishu it doesn't even learn Thundershock. I've always thought of just deleting it but that would have a few mods questionable. So I was going to give it to someone as an alternitive. But yeah good idea though I would use that.

Large image is large.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
I could always suggest putting all your unwanted mons in a single post and then deleting that post. That way, us mods can still see it, and if you need to add more you could ask one of us to undelete it so you can add more.

Just a thought.

-]DU[-
From the previous Releasing Pokemon thread. I dunno if it'll be still fine with the mods or not.

<3
Old 06-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
From the previous Releasing Pokemon thread. I dunno if it'll be still fine with the mods or not.
Except what happens in a DP battle when your opponent uses Roar? Then all that's in your stats are your "good" Pokemon. If you want to segregate your Pokemon, just put them in a separate post (and leave it undeleted), so they're not in the way. Or you could just put up with it.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal

If we could have people who want to release their pokemon, auction it so lets say they release it, it gets put up for auction!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to RaptorJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
If we could have people who want to release their pokemon, auction it so lets say they release it, it gets put up for auction!
That would probably lead to a bunch of auctions of crappy pokemon... which would probably not bode well.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Trilobyte Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
There's a problem with auctioning unwanted mons, namely the question of where the money goes.

Let's say I decided to auction off my unwanted Giratina, for example. It's worth is roughly 65k. Now, after putting him on for a base of 10k, I wait. After a week or so, the bids for it are in several hundreds of thousands, and the fat maggot gets sent away. But then, where does that hundreds of thousands go? To my pocket? I'd be essentially trading it away for moneys, which is exactly the same as selling it, which is pretty much taboo in the world of pokemon. Okay, so not my pocket, but what about some of it, say 20%? The rest goes to a black hole and I'm still a good 60-80k richer.

There's also the fact that richer folks will give a trollface.jpg to others and slap down the hundreds of k, making the auction pretty much meaningless as those who have money have power.

IN a nutshell, auctioning unwanted pokemon is a bad idea, for both the crappy pokemon and the awesome ones, and in the end will just lead to a right old mess as to who gets what in financial terms. If there's a way to dispose of unwanted pokemon, a dumping ground would be ideal. You put money in to send them there, and anyone who wants one pays a certain price for what they need. They'll have to be swift, as the dumping ground only has a week's worth of food for said pokemon who enter, and if unsold by the end of the week, the unwanted will be sold as mince or scrap metal to a butcher or blacksmith.

This, naturally, could lead to stealth trades with money, which is frowned upon.

So, there's not a great deal to do with releases, except perhaps euthanasia.

MOUTHWATERING BACON!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to RaptorJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilobyte View Post
There's a problem with auctioning unwanted mons, namely the question of where the money goes.

Let's say I decided to auction off my unwanted Giratina, for example. It's worth is roughly 65k. Now, after putting him on for a base of 10k, I wait. After a week or so, the bids for it are in several hundreds of thousands, and the fat maggot gets sent away. But then, where does that hundreds of thousands go? To my pocket? I'd be essentially trading it away for moneys, which is exactly the same as selling it, which is pretty much taboo in the world of pokemon. Okay, so not my pocket, but what about some of it, say 20%? The rest goes to a black hole and I'm still a good 60-80k richer.

There's also the fact that richer folks will give a trollface.jpg to others and slap down the hundreds of k, making the auction pretty much meaningless as those who have money have power.

IN a nutshell, auctioning unwanted pokemon is a bad idea, for both the crappy pokemon and the awesome ones, and in the end will just lead to a right old mess as to who gets what in financial terms. If there's a way to dispose of unwanted pokemon, a dumping ground would be ideal. You put money in to send them there, and anyone who wants one pays a certain price for what they need. They'll have to be swift, as the dumping ground only has a week's worth of food for said pokemon who enter, and if unsold by the end of the week, the unwanted will be sold as mince or scrap metal to a butcher or blacksmith.

This, naturally, could lead to stealth trades with money, which is frowned upon.

So, there's not a great deal to do with releases, except perhaps euthanasia.
Theres rules and the watchful eye of the officials to prevent all of that...

As I said before, unwanted mons most likely, will not be wanted at all... meaning auctions for them would be pointless anyway.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:16 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Heck, feel free to gift some of your unwanted Pokemon, I take no Pokemon for granted. :)

Back on topic, im sure for the refs and stuff it would be hard for the to track all the Pokemon you have so you don't just random some how end up with a super pwnsome Pokemon.

~JKJesse~
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM
mew magician Offline

Send a message via AIM to mew magician Send a message via Yahoo to mew magician

I'd say gifting is the best way to get rid of unwanted Pokemon. I don't see why a "dumping ground" or something of that sort would be needed. There are loads of small-time members here who might really like something that others could consider weak, like a Caterpie or an Aipom or something, it's better to get rid of the Pokemon in a charitable fassion in one of the gifting events, like at Christmas or Spring Break, than just deleting them or throwing them away. As Kat said earlier on, those members feel left out and even something as trivial as that can brighten their day. Another option is selling them, but who would want to spend URPG money, which is hard to earn, on a crappy Pokemon?

Last edited by mew magician; 06-10-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: left a sentence unfinished lol